[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Niche checks/counters to OU/Ubers Pokemon that exist in lower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 39
File: golem.png (27 KB, 352x360) Image search: [Google]
golem.png
27 KB, 352x360
Niche checks/counters to OU/Ubers Pokemon that exist in lower tiers, situational or otherwise.

If you can't think of any existing ones, make some up! I'll start with an example of each.

>Rotom-Wash/Talonflame
Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
Relaxed Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell

With Volt Absorb, the only thing that Rotom-W can do against it is burn it (which is why it has Heal Bell, functioning also for great team support). It can't Discharge or use Volt Switch to get out, so it either has to use Pain Split it's great HP stat, or switch out -- which means YOU can either predict the switch if they have something that's Ground Type/Mega-Sceptile and switch out too, or use Volt Switch to gain momentum or paralyze/burn the switch-in. Also, Hydro Pump doesn't do shit against it.

For our Bravest Bird, both of its stabs do almost nothing against Lanturn (Flare Blitz and Brave Bird). The only thing it can really do is U-Turn out or try Will-o-Wisp, which is why we have Heal Bell and a nice slower Volt Switch to gain momentum, or Scald to get a potential burn on the switch.

>inb4 verlisify pls go
we can all have fun here, right? and we all know the difference between checks and counters? right?
>>
File: ariatres.jpg (11 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
ariatres.jpg
11 KB, 221x228
>Breloom
Ariados (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Resists both of Breloom's STAB moves by 4x each. Also, is immune to Spore -- I've gotten a lot of scrubs with this one. All you have to really watch out for is Rock Tomb, which may not even OHKO (you may decide to run Focus Sash instead for this purpose). Poison Jab also OHKO's unwitting players' Breloom if you run Adamant. Toxic is for when you predict a switch but Sticky Web is already up -- because Sticky Web could win games.
>>
>>23017647

Interesting thread OP, got any more?
>>
>>23017654
I'm still writing! Just give me a minute and see what you can contribute!
>>
>OP picture has a Golem
>pokemon set is for Lanturn
you tried, probably
>>
>>23017650
>252 Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ariados: 264-312 (76.7 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Unless it's at full health, Breloom just straight-up outspeeds and kills with Rock Tomb.
>>
do something that checks or counters both lando-i and rotom-w
>>
On a phone so sorry for short response, but I use a physically bulky Intimidate Arcanine with Morning Sun against Aegislash. I know itsy b& but I still run into it plenty often in passerby battles. I'm a shit battler, so my advice probably sucks, I just want to contribute to a cool thread.
>>
File: alomomola.jpg (21 KB, 170x320) Image search: [Google]
alomomola.jpg
21 KB, 170x320
>Any physical attacker
>>
>>23017666

>niche

ayy lmomola is pretty standard in OU.
>>
File: not golem this time.png (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
not golem this time.png
71 KB, 250x250
>Scizor / Scizor-Mega
Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

A great utility-mon, and Fire isn't completely terrible as a defensive type with Fairies running around.

Most Scizor, mega or otherwise, carry Swords Dance or U-Turn (usually not both), along with Roost, Bullet Punch, and a coverage move (Knock Off or Superpower). Fully invested in defense, Scizor can't really do shit.

252 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 31-37 (9 - 10.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 83-98 (24.1 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 68-80 (19.7 - 23.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

Even with Swords Dance, that's still shit. So the best he can do is switch out. That's when you start using your other moves -- Rapid Spin for team support, sneaky stones, or Yawn to fuck over the switch in so you can keep using your other moves, or just keep yawning and switching until you run out of PP or 3DS/laptop battery power.

And Lava Plume spam is great for burns. So getting in Torkoal on any Scizor results in GREAT momentum boosting.

>>23017658
Spoiler alert I didn't
>>
>>23017647

lurking for potential
>>
File: celefuck off slowcunt.jpg (19 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
celefuck off slowcunt.jpg
19 KB, 300x301
>Slowbro-Mega
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 255 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Slowbro's Mega form giving you trouble? Fucking calm-minding in your face before you could get a Taunt off on him? Celebi is your answer. Even at +6, Mega-Slowbro can't 2KO with Scald, leaving you to Recover stall him until he gets bored unless its showderp playing him. You can use Heal Bell to get rid of burns and support your team, and even use Perish Song to force the fucker out. You could even sub in Leech Seed for Heal Bell (considering you DO have Natural Cure), and really put some stress on him or whatever he switches into.

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Celebi: 171-201 (42.3 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The only thing you'd really worry about is Ice Beam. But if he's a mono-attacker, which most are, he's probably only running Scald, or perhaps Psyshock if they're attempting a Slowbro sweep for some reason.

Giga Drain is there to keep your HP up and make sure you don't become Taunt bait.
>>
>>23017669
FUCK YOU THEN HOW AM I MEANT TO TAKE YOUR ADVICE WHEN YOU DON'T PUT MAXIMUM FUCKING EFFORT INTO YOUR THREAD.
>>
>>23017702
You need a Calm nature for that set. That is unless you want to purposefully gimp yourself when battling.
>>
this is nice thread
>>
>>23017669
Torkoal really needs more love
>>
File: mega steelix.png (362 KB, 1003x796) Image search: [Google]
mega steelix.png
362 KB, 1003x796
>Mega Altaria
Steelix @ Leftovers / Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy / Sand Force
IVs: 0 speed
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Gyro Ball

Say what you want about Steelix, I like him. I know he sucks in general nowadays. But for Mega Altaria, at least, he's got a bit of a niche for the common sets.

Mega Altaria commonly run bulky DD sets, and then sweep away with mono-return and Earthquake for coverage. They also run Roost to keep up their health.

Honestly, a lot of sub-UU tier stuff can potentially wall Altaria -- what comes to mind first is Bronzong, Crobat, Weezing, and bulky non-mega Charizard never listen to /vp/, because they all resist Fairy, and are immune to Earthquake. But honestly, I feel so bad for Steelix with that shit mega he got that I want to do it about him, though any of the above work great too.

Mega Altaria cannot OHKO Relaxed Steelix unless it has Fire Blast, but they're not nearly as common on sets as Roost. Otherwise, even with the super-effective Earthquake, it struggles hard to get a solid KO.

Running a Relaxed nature means that, while Altaria boosts with Dwagon Dance, your Gyro Ball only gets stronger, and you can still tank its super effective hits. If they run Fire Blast, well, sorry. If not, take a look at these stats after two DD boosts (imagining we come in as a revenge-kill threat).

0 Atk Mega Steelix Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 360-426 (117.2 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Mega Altaria Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Steelix: 164-194 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO

[to be continued]
>>
File: altaria mega.jpg (1 MB, 2081x2333) Image search: [Google]
altaria mega.jpg
1 MB, 2081x2333
>>23017781
Even at +2 with maximized attack (Altaria players usually run defensive/bulky sets rather than full-on attackers, so this is best case scenario), Altaria barely threatens our mighty steel snake. So the best thing they can do is switch out or Fire Blast us to death, right?

That's when you use Dragon Tail / Roar. Rack up delicious Stealth Rock damage. If you pair Steelix with Tyranitar like many do, you can give him Stealth Rock so Steelix can even attempt to predict a switch and take out something with Stone Edge/Earthquake/Gyro Ball with Sand Force's boost. Lastly, Sand Stream might help give a little oomph if you decided to use Dragon Tail instead.
>>
>>23017710
but I what if I want one that's Careful, and proud of its power?
>>
>>23017702
Celebi is OU, this is not a niche counter.
>>
>>23017650

It's not niche, but mandibuzz does a great job of this as well, since overcoat is its preferred ability, it has insane bulk and roost removes it's weakness to a nonstab rock tomb anyways, and it could kill with brave bird or foul play.
>>
>>23017803
Woops. Forgot he wasn't in UU anymore. Sorry.

>>23017738
Thank you. I'm still working on stuff. Stick around if you want more!

>>23017710
True, sorry. I copy and pasted the moveset format from elsewhere, and forgot to change it.
>>
>>23017665
Nah that's actually a pretty good check, I'd recommend using a special variant to avoid kings shield shenanigans and maybe will o wisp to cripple it physically.

Arcanine is a pretty bulky pokémon with decent 80/80 defenses so it could take a shadow ball from a mixed aegislash.This probably sounds weird but maybe a bulky offensive ass vest set could work to tank hits from both sides?
>>
Finally a nice thread around here
Thank you anon, I'm willing to try those sets
>>
File: 1000018661_5.png (1 MB, 1128x1092) Image search: [Google]
1000018661_5.png
1 MB, 1128x1092
Its probably not niche and used more than expected but
>Landorus-T
Chesnaught (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
Its a standard set I know, but its a lot more effective than you think. Lando-T's EQ and Stone Misses wont be doing much, and it can't U-Turn freely if its in/switching in due to Rocky Helmets kicking in or risking Spiky Shield. If it does u-turn out or hard switch, you can easily leech seed on the switch because you're slower and anything that comes in gets hit with the seeds and gives you back possible HP lost If it does stay in for whatever reason, risks leech seed again sapping it down and wears itself down further, which of course isn't good for a defensive or a momentum mon.
Gourgeist would have been the other option but I see a lot with knock off and naturally a ghost type doesn't appreciate that.
>>
File: qwilfish.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
qwilfish.png
51 KB, 250x250
>Azumarill
Lanturn @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Destiny Bond / Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split / Aqua Tail
- Thunder Wave / Taunt
- Poison Jab

I fucking hate Azumarill.

Azumarill typically runs either Choice Band, Belly Drum / Sitrus, or Assault Vest, with the latter being the most used, iirc.

As this asshole is about to Aqua Jet your low-HP sweep, switch into this guy. None of his common attacks, which include

>Aqua Jet
>Waterfall
>Superpower
>Knock Off
>Play Rough

None of them do shit. They have great coverage, but with Intimidate, none of them are all that great.

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Qwilfish: 76-90 (22.7 - 26.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Black Sludge recovery

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Qwilfish: 46-55 (13.7 - 16.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Black Sludge recovery

And that's for Assault Vest. With Choice Band, this is what you can take...

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Qwilfish: 113-134 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- 38.3% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

That's pretty damn good. And if you switch in on a Belly Drum?

+5 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Qwilfish: 123-144 (36.8 - 43.1%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

So he's stuck -- if he switches, he wasted half his health on a useless Belly Drum, and now has to deal with Spikes/Toxic Spikes/paralysis. If he stays in, he's getting OHKO'd by Poison Jab.
>>
At least try to make a set that counters multiple threats.
Registeel
>SpDef rocks iron head lead regirock
Or
>SpDef curse rest talk
Both hard check mega Gardevoir, and curse sets can beat clefable,
Sylveon etc
The pure steel type alone is great for it
>>
>>23017851
>>23017852
Keep em coming dude, I really like these. I'll use them in an anti-OU team on showdown. Imagine the butthurt I get?
>>
>>23017876
Those Pokémon only counter one or two Pokémon in OU. You'll get buttfucked more times than not.
>>
>>23017883
OP here, that wasn't the intended purpose behind the thread -- I just wanted to make a use for shitmons in OU. While the game definitely isn't balanced, rock-paper-scissors is absolutely still in effect.

Also, it's fun to do these.

>>23017876
Thanks, friend! I'm still making some more. Can someone save these into a single image file when we're all done so we can share them later on?

Also, the Chesnaught/Arcanine ones weren't me, so don't give me credit for them. Just about everything else was me though.

>>23017871
It's not really a thread about OU viability, more of just single checks/counters to single Pokemon in OU. But yeah, that's a good idea, I was considering doing Clefable/Sylveon next.
>>
>picture of golem
>the first thing I see is the implication of a counter to rotom-wash

I was very confused for a moment.
>>
File: drapion.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
drapion.png
46 KB, 250x250
>Gardevoir
Drapion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake

Gardevoir typically runs either a Choice Scarf or Gardevoirite, its mega form. This works for either one.

Drapion has already pretty decent physical defense, but after putting an Assault Vest onto it, it's able to resist most of Gardevoir's attacks pretty well.

232 SpA Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 73-86 (21.2 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

232 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 96-114 (27.9 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Assuming it got a Calm Mind under its belt instead, it STILL only be able to 3KO this set with Focus Blast assuming it even hits lol. So, the Gardevoir trainer only has a few options

>Run Hidden Power Ground for Drapion new meta
>Attack again to get as much damage off as possible before dying to Poison Jab
>Switch out

We can't predict a switch, but if you're able to see what's coming next, edgequake has great coverage. And I chose Rock Tomb so that you can support your teammates with a free speed reduction for your opponent, when you don't think you can get a KO on anything.

Or, even better, Knock Off for massive damage, and removal of an item (Rock Tomb should be used if the predicted pokemon no longer has its item). Rock Tomb can also be subbed out for one of the elemental fangs for coverage.
>>
>>23017851
Why not keep Lando in for another turn if you predict the U-Turn by using Spiky Shield?
>>
>>23018007
HP ground won't do more than focus blast

Also 252 hp 180 atk 76 Spdef and an adamant nature grant you more attack and the exact same special defense.
>>
>>23018007
You may want to run Poison Fang over Poison Jab on an AV set. It only has 50 BP, but also 50% chance of inflicting Toxic, which is much better than regular Poison.
>>
File: magcargo.png (543 KB, 1524x1316) Image search: [Google]
magcargo.png
543 KB, 1524x1316
>Sylveon
Magcargo@Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Yawn

OH FUCK MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

No, seriously, give me a chance. I want to at least try with this guy. I haven't hit the bottom of the barrel yet, but considering he is pretty much unanimously the worst Pokemon in existence, I think he deserves this anyway.

You can't really call it a counter, or even a check, considering he doesn't force any switches. However, this is where Yawn comes in -- considering that Sylveon can't do shit against Magcargo, especially in one turn, you can use Yawn to either put it to sleep or force it out. This is where you'd double switch into something more useful, use Stealth Rock for general utility, or Will-o-Wisp a potential threat.

... Yeah, this was a terrible idea. He isn't even good for breeding, because Talonflame and Volcarona exist.

But I tried, Magcargo. I'm so, so sorry.

If anyone is still here, can someone find a niche for Magcargo? ANY niche? Anywhere? Because I'm struggling.
>>
>>23018084
Also, forgot to mention -- Sylveon occasionally runs HP Ground for Heatran, but I've never seen it firsthand. I usually only see Shadow Ball or HP Fire for Steel-types.

Poor Magcargo. Maybe we can design a cool mega for him in another thread, and try to make him OU somehow.
>>
>>23018042
You can only use spiky shield against it so many times in a row and by that time, your opponent should know better and just hard switch out.
>>
>>23018092
>>23018084
Maybe a TF counter?
Give it Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Dual Screens/ Light Screen+Recover or Light Screen+Yawn.
>>
Primeape destroys Darkrai with a subFocusPunch set from my experience. It makes Dark Void basicallly pointless
>>
File: sableye audino.png (149 KB, 584x370) Image search: [Google]
sableye audino.png
149 KB, 584x370
>Mega Sableye
Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator / Healer
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss / Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell / Knock Off

Sableye has been incredibly annoying since gen 5, even more so in gen 6, but now that he has a mega, he has brought back stall in a hyper-offense metagame. Once he gets his Magic Bounce shield and some Calm Mind boosts up, very little can touch him, save for critical hit fairy moves. And with great STAB, he can OHKO a lot of stuff with Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball alone, and he cripples physical attackers that try to hit him with Will-O-Wisp and Recover. So Audino can find many opportunities to switch in.

That's where Audino comes in, though. With this set, you are either immune to or resist both of his STABs and all of his common moves. Mega-Audino has great typing and great bulk as well, so even with inevitable Calm Mind boosts, Sableye-M can't do much except switch out.

In a Calm Mind war, Audino will always triumph. You can remove all Will-o-Wisp havoc on your team with Heal Bell, and Draining Kiss/Wish your health back.

When Sableye switches out, you can Knock Off the item from the switch in, and then get out of there yourself. Or, you can pull off a sweep if there is nothing left on your opponent's side that can fight back against a Calm Mind-boosted Mega Audino.
>>
File: 1425168905738.png (83 KB, 525x300) Image search: [Google]
1425168905738.png
83 KB, 525x300
>>23017852
>lanturn@black sludge
>>
>>23018084
It works wonder against Talonflame because it has acess to recover. You can also use Toxic instead of Wisp. With it you can punish every Talon switch-in and eventually distribute rocks and burns.
>>
>>23018224
>>23018114
You know, I had that idea once, when Talonflame started getting popular. I used it early on in XYOU.

I guess I forgot about those days. Or maybe I'm just getting too tired. Those are good suggestions though, maybe I should rewrite Magcargo with Talonflame in mind?
>>
File: camerupt mawile.png (153 KB, 816x550) Image search: [Google]
camerupt mawile.png
153 KB, 816x550
>Mega Mawile
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock / Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpAtk
IVs: 0 Speed
Quiet Nature
- Eruption / Fire Blast / Overheat
- Earth Power
- Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
- Stealth Rock / Yawn

Mega Mawile is ubers on showdown, but on the cartridge it's still legal In any case, Mega Camerupt is a great counter to Mega Mawile.

252+ Atk Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Camerupt: 96-114 (27.9 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Camerupt: 81-96 (23.5 - 27.9%) -- 83.9% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Camerupt: 72-85 (20.9 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

As you can see, Mawile can't do much against it, Huge Power and all. If you apply a Swords Dance boost, Play Rough + Sucker Punch will be able to kill, but that's assuming you didn't already switch in Camerupt.

Mega-Mawile will likely be forced out here. This is when you set up Stealth Rock, Toxic the bulky waters switching in, Will-o-Wisp predicted physical attackers, or go for a full-power sheer-force attack. In other words, this set functions pretty good as a lure.
>>
Good Threat OP
very much aprreciated
>>
>>23017647
I'M WATCHING [s]YOU[/s] THIS THREAD.
It's fuckin' [i]boring[/i] fighting the same top 10 win buttons. I suck too, but details, details.
Keep on truckin', OP.
>>
I really like these a lot and If you mind, could you find a niche that Trevenant can fill? I know it's not a pure shitmon but I still want to know what he's really good against.
>>
>>23018411
>>23018390
Thanks guys.

A side questions -- if I were to do a Youtube Channel about Pokemon, would you watch it/subscribe? I've bee thinking about it for a while. It would include

>Top Fives
>Fan-made Pokemon w/artwork
>Fan-made Moves/Abilities/Items
>Metagame discussion
>Competitive discussion
>Things like this

I'm going to try to get a close pokefriend of mine to help out. Would you all be interested? I promise to be nothing like any poketubers that already exist because I hate pretty much all of them

>>23018420
Sure, but it might not be just OU anymore. I'd have to come up with stuff from lower tiers, if that's okay. OU is only so big, after all, and many pokemon from there don't really have all that many counters with their movepools (hence why they're OU).

If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to post them. I'll be here for a bit longer, I'm just studying human anatomy on the side.
>>
>>23018420
I can see it being used against Rotom-W, resists both STAB, can run Harvest+Lum for WoW/Toxic or Natural Cure, Leech Seed, Horn Leech, maybe even phantom force for extra stall.
>>
>>23018465
Yeah I'd watch anyone who'd delve a bit deeper into the game rather than ones who constantly have to create a personality, keep shoving their political agenda or have shitty self made rap covers.
I can only watch Pyrotoz because he only focuses on the game and nothing else. I also like his british accent

I'm encouraging you to just do it, you don't have a lot to lose anyway other than time.
>>
File: bronzong dragonite.png (65 KB, 463x232) Image search: [Google]
bronzong dragonite.png
65 KB, 463x232
>Dragonite
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic / Light Screen
- Trick Room / Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion / HP Ice

This set also works against Latias and Latios... And Gardevoir... And a bunch of other OU pokemon. However, I'll focus on Dragonite for now.

Dragonite almost always runs Dragon Dance, unless it has a Choice Band. In addition, it runs a Dragon-type STAB move, Earthquake for Steel-types, and usually Fire Punch or Roost to get its Multiscale back. Bronzong takes absolutely nothing from these moves, and can threaten it with Gyro Ball, or perhaps even Hidden Power Ice, which also deals with numerous other OU Pokemon.

252+ Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 120-142 (35.5 - 42%) -- 85.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

On the switch out, you can Stealth Rock to remove Dragonite's Multiscale when its switches back in, or use Trick Room to support your team.
>>
>>23018420

>Mega-Kangaskhan
Trevanant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVS: Go crazy, but focus on Atk., Def., and SpDef.
Nature: Impish, or w/e you want that lowers SpAt.

-Horn Leech/Wood Hammer
-Shadow Claw
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest

MegaKanga can't fucking [i] touch [/i] Trevenant. They often lead with

>Fake Out
>Power-Up Punch

Lead with a Will-O-Wisp. In Doubles they'll try their Fake Out/Power-Up Punch bs on your partner instead. Consider laughing at them with partner's Protect.

They may or may not switch out. If they stick around and try Sucker Punching you, which they will, use Rest or WoW just to piss them off.

An Impish nature might help you survive Fucker Punches if you feel bold enough to get in a Horn Leech between Rests and burning the other jerkasses on their team.

I'm a dumbass that focuses too much on defensive builds, but Trevenant has one you should definitely consider.
>>
>>23018804
And I can't fucking format, apparently.
>>
>>23018804
Oh, and I can't remember to credit original builds, either.
National Dex has some good ideas sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA4tGFYh57w
>>
>>23018804
Except Kanga usually runs Crunch pretty often, it also runs scrappy when non mega, so it's pretty risky to send Trevenant on it.
>>
>>23018834
>usually pretty often
Forgive me about that.
>>
>>23018465
Go for it, OP.

This is what keeps bringing me back: finding the potential in overlooked, underused Pokemon. Nothing better upsets the status quo of OU 'mons racing to outcheese each other to the top, and it's more than Smogon can do with their imaginary tiers and unenforceable rules.
>>
>>23018834
You're right about Scrappy and Crunch.That said, I can't remember the last time I've fought a Kangaskhan that didn't mega evolve straight away.
>>
>Charizard-X
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

You can get the rocks up to cripple it before it comes in, you can tank any of it's moves even after it Dragon Dances, an OHKO with EQ or Stone Edge. Works great against Talonflame too.
>>
>>23018944
Sugestor here I approve this
>>
>>23018944
Rhyperior works great against pretty much any flying type. He's actually shaping up to be one of my favorite mons now.

>Captcha is about food.
>Picture of a dog.

What the hell, china.
>>
Back when Stall teams didn't have Mega sableye, they focused on abusing Slowbro and Mega Venusaur. This thing shat on theose teams so hard it isn't even funny. Well, actually it is pretty funny, since watching stallfags squirm is always amusing. Still, if you can take down Sableye, this can singlehandedly destroy most stall teams... Unfortunately it's pretty damn horrible against anything but stall teams. Fun to use if you hate Gothitelle, though.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Infestation
>>
Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Switcheroo
- Air Slash
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Keldeo can go to hell. Just watch out for the oddballs that run Icy Wind, but Calm Mind/Substitute sets, which this is designed to counter, typically don't run that.
>>
File: bouffalant.jpg (100 KB, 290x405) Image search: [Google]
bouffalant.jpg
100 KB, 290x405
This thread can't die. I won't let it!

>Sylveon, Mega-Gardevoir, Mega-Altaria
Bouffalant @ Assault Vest OR Maranga Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVS: 180–255 SpDef, split the rest between HP, Atk, or Def to taste.
Nature: Adamant

-Head Charge
-Iron Head
-Outrage?
-?????

>Iron Head 1–2HKOs any of those Pixilate/Hyper Voice divas.
>Head Charge will take care of everything else that isn't made of metal or a ghost. Or a ghost made OF metal.
...Fuck you Aegislash.
>>
>>23017647

Bump
>>
File: skuntank.png (16 KB, 288x303) Image search: [Google]
skuntank.png
16 KB, 288x303
>>23017647
AV skuntank counters greninja
>>
>>23017664
>0 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Articuno: 114-134 (35.5 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>252 SpA Articuno Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Rotom-W: 134-158 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

>252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Articuno: 112-133 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>252 SpA Articuno Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 444-528 (139.1 - 165.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Shittest legend indeed
>>
Impressive sets OP. Might give some of them ago.
>>
>Vaporeon
Use that frog cunt

immune to scald and toxic, set up swords dances while it wishes or heal bells then fuck all over the team

i know vaporeon is UU but fuck you nigger
>>
>talonflame
scarf magneton

don't give a fuck about brave bird, which will bait the talonflame to go for flare blitz, but ahah you're scarfed nigger go fuck youself you priority little fuck
>>
>gliscor
skill swap gallade :^^^^^^^)

bait the toxic then swip your swaps and sd/ kill with ice punch. literally unkillable
>>
File: charmander.png (50 KB, 171x185) Image search: [Google]
charmander.png
50 KB, 171x185
OP here. I'm so glad you guys liked my stuff. Should I make some more today?
>>
For anybody without priority

>Golem
252 attack 252 speed 4 anywhere
Earthquake
Stone edge
Rock polish
Sucker punch
Hold weakness policy

Your goal is to rock polish and boost your speed, sinc every single Pokemon is existanc or Meta carry a super effective hit, sturdy will save you and weakness policy will boost your attack even more which is good since golems attack stat is high as fuck

Sucker punch if you can predict a priority move or your opponent being faster
>>
>>23022029
>>23023607
Damn, I wrote up analyses for these guys last night! Should I post them anyway even though I'll look like a tool?
>>
>>23024652
Go ahead
>>
>>23017647
Why relaxed nature and not bold? Am I missing somthing?
>>
>>23017796
Mega Altaria is immune to Dragon Tail.
>>
>>23024865
No, you're not, it was just a fuck-up on my part. I was exhausted while doing these hahaha.

>>23024878
Yes, but not the switch-ins. Roar is better if Mega Altaria decides to come back in, but Dragon Tail is more effecient for damage. Plus, you have Gyro Ball for that.
>>
File: skuntank greninja.png (112 KB, 495x363) Image search: [Google]
skuntank greninja.png
112 KB, 495x363
>Greninja
Skuntank @ Assault Vest
Ability: Aftermath Dre, grab the gat, show 'em where it's at
EV's: 16 HP, 240 Atk, 252 SpDef
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough / Flamethrower
- Pursuit

Skuntank may not be extremely powerful, but as a defensive threat to Greninja, it walls every single move the toad can throw at it, very effectively. Take a look at some of the calculations for common moves Greninja runs.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Skuntank: 142-169 (40.9 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Skuntank: 117-138 (33.7 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Skuntank: 112-133 (32.2 - 38.3%) -- 95.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Scald vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Skuntank: 103-122 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 15.8% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Skuntank: 113-134 (32.5 - 38.6%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO

So Skuntank can switch in on pretty much all attacks (especially Extrasensory, which Skuntank is immune to), though he should beware of Hydro Pump, which does a lot of damage even to things that resist it, and Scald, which can burn Skutank and ruin his attempts to fight back.

In the case that you're NOT burned, you can try Pursuit to catch him on the switch-out, or Sucker Punch a Hydro Pump. Flamethrower is an option for Scizor/Ferrothorn switch-ins.

252+ Atk Skuntank Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja (Water/Ice/Grass/Poison): 159-187 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Skuntank Pursuit (on switch out) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja (Water/Ice/Grass/Poison): 159-187 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Skuntank Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 238-280 (83.5 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
File: emboar bisharp.png (136 KB, 602x476) Image search: [Google]
emboar bisharp.png
136 KB, 602x476
>Bisharp
Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Stone Edge

This set can switch into any Bisharp set with absolute inpunity, save for the removal of your choice band if you switch into a Knock Off (which is why you should revenge kill or try to predict a Sucker Punch). Emboar, with his Fire/Fighting type, resists both of Bisharp's STABs and any potential coverage moves he may have (he occasionally runs Brick Break or Low Kick, which do not do much either). Bisharp usually carry Knock Off, Swords Dance/Pursuit, Iron Head, and Sucker Punch to be Lati@s trappers, Fairy-killers, and powerful wallbreakers with item removal in Knock Off.

In any case, if you switch in Emboar, even with a little bit of entry hazard damage, Bisharp is forced out and countered, doing more than enough to OHKO with BOTH of his STABS, easing prediction. This is when you use your chance to wallbreak. Emboar gets great coverage, but his speed and defenses are pretty mediocre (save for HP). Use that as your chance to get a good hit in before switching back out again, or using Wish support to heal yourself from recoil damage.

Even things that resist Emboar's moves take a heap of damage -- and if you predict right, you can OHKO just about anything. They will typically switch into something that resists Emboar's STAB moves, and pair well with Bisharp in OU. Here are some calculations, mispredictions included.

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Wild Charge vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 448-528 (111.7 - 131.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 224-264 (55.8 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Emboar: 228-270 (53.7 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
File: asdfaefasdfasdf.jpg (8 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
asdfaefasdfasdf.jpg
8 KB, 185x273
>>23024973
Cont.

252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 339-400 (104.9 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 169-200 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 220-259 (68.9 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 169-200 (52.9 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 186-220 (61.7 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 131-155 (43.2 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Emboar Superpower vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 220-259 (72.6 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So, yeah. Use him wisely. Sometimes Superpower may be your best bet to avoid recoil if you aren't sure about the switch-in. But Emboar can really do wonders. If you were to slap a Life Orb on him instead, and run Sucker Punch instead of Stone Edge, you could go through with the kill for Lati@s and suprise them, if you happen to have a problem with them. But that also increases recoil damage by a LOT, and reduces some overall damage done. Use whatever your team needs more.
>>
File: aggron diancie.png (152 KB, 508x300) Image search: [Google]
aggron diancie.png
152 KB, 508x300
>Mega Diancie
Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy / Filter
EV's: 252 HP, 16 Def, 240 SpDef
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave

This set works decently well in OU. Mega Diancie is a fast and hard-hitter, but Aggron, as long as he's in mega form, can switch in on just about anything, even Earth Power. To get an opportunity to switch in when you haven't Mega-evolved yourself yet, I would predict a Moonblast (or even better, a Diamond Storm) and mega yourself from there. Just watch out for Earth Power, it will annhilate you and Sturdy won't do shit either.

MEGA AGGRON
252 SpA Diancie Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 114-135 (33.1 - 39.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Mega Aggron: 24-28 (6.9 - 8.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 76-90 (22 - 26.1%) -- 80.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock

REGULAR AGGRON
252 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Aggron: 71-84 (20.6 - 24.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Aggron: 29-35 (8.4 - 10.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
>>
File: aggron maymay.jpg (226 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
aggron maymay.jpg
226 KB, 700x1000
>>23024992
Cont.

The kicker with this set is that it's able to function well against other things in OU as well, so it's a decent lure. If Diancie decides it's going to be cocky and attempt to sweep you with Earth Power (a high possibility) it will only do about 1/3 of its health, allowing you to OHKO. If it switches out into the omnipresent Landorus-T, use Ice Punch. Or you could predict and do a double switch, or use Stealth Rock if you don't already have it. Thunder Wave is also an amazing support option for Aggron, allowing you to fuck over sweepers or just about anything that switches in (just be careful that Diancie doesn't stay in for that).
Fire Punch is an option if you already have a Stealth Rock user and you have trouble with Scizor/Ferrothorn, which occasionally switch into Aggron. Earthquake is great for Heatran.

-1 0 Atk Mega Aggron Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 204-244 (63.9 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 114-136 (33.1 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Mega Aggron Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 368-436 (95.5 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 150-177 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- 57.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Mega Aggron Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 200-236 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 84 Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 168-198 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
>>
File: granbull heracross.png (104 KB, 544x368) Image search: [Google]
granbull heracross.png
104 KB, 544x368
>Mega Heracross
Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings Intimidate
EV's: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Talonflame can't switch in on Rock Blast, fuck off

Ahem. Granbull can switch in on just about any of Mega Heracross' attacks with relative inpunity. Fairy resists both of its STABs, which are the two primary attacks it will be using (Close Combat/Arm Thrust and Pin Missile). Rock Blast doesn't even do all that much after an Intimidate. And now that Heracross is without Guts, you are free to paralyze him with Thunder Wave, a great support move that allows you to outspeed him and may even buy you extra turns.

Heal Bell is there for team support, so either that or Thunder Wave can be used if Heracross decides to switch out or use Swords Dance (even after a Swords Dance boost, it struggles to hit hard enough to OHKO). Earthquake is there for Steel-Type switch-ins to Granbull's Fairy typing, and Fire Punch could alternatively be used against Ferrothorn and Scizor switch-ins if you're a pleb and don't have Torkoal

Cont.
>>
File: granbull gen 2 art.png (49 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
granbull gen 2 art.png
49 KB, 230x230
>>23025010
Here are some calculations ( I threw Stealth Rock on there beecause teams usually run it somewhere for opposing Talonflame if they're using Heracross).

-1 252 Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Granbull: 74-87 (19.2 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Granbull: 80-95 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Granbull: 110-130 (28.6 - 33.8%) -- approx. 0% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

... And after a Swords Dance boost...

+1 252 Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Granbull: 166-196 (43.2 - 51%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Granbull: 175-210 (45.5 - 54.6%) -- approx. 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mega Heracross Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Granbull: 235-280 (61.1 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

... And for attacking back...

0 Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Heracross: 204-240 (67.7 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So Heracross-M is likely to be forced out -- a great opportunity to support your team with Thunder Wave regardless. And Fairy is such a great typing overall, especially with Intimidate. These sets also work well with regular, non-mega heracross, though you should probably watch out for Stone Edge/Earthquake, which it usually runs.
>>
File: I really do.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
I really do.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>23024973
Christ, I knew emboar was powerful but damn, it kicks Azumarills shit in with a resisted move.
>>
File: wigglytuff sableye.png (47 KB, 528x292) Image search: [Google]
wigglytuff sableye.png
47 KB, 528x292
>Mega Sableye
Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 SpDef
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell / Wish
- Icy Wind / Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Magic Coat / Perish Song / Psych Up / Role Play / Protect

OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH SABLEYE. A lot of people have trouble with him, and may not want to use Audino-M. So...
Wigglytuff is a fantastic counter to Mega Sableye (and regular Sableye as well). With a Fairy/Normal typing, it is immune to Sableye's Ghost STAB and resistant to its Dark STAB. Considering that Mega Sableye typically runs only Dark Pulse/Knock Off or Shadow Ball in conjunction with Will-o-Wisp/Recover/Calm Mind, there is very little Sableye-M can do besides potentially burn or or knock off Wigglytuff's item. It's usually forced out.

Dazzling Gleam is a necessity on the set to avoid becoming Taunt bait while you pray for Moonblast next gen it evolves by Moon Stone, wtf GameFreak. You can use Heal Bell and Wish support for your team if you need it, as Wigglytuff has an absolutely enormous base 140 HP (now if only it could get a Mega evolution, it would be great and probably outclass Mega Audino by a mile or two :( .

As Sableye-M will likely switch out, seeing that no amount of Calm Mind boosting will do much for it, this is your opportunity to fuck around a bit. Icy Wind fucks over switch-ins, reducing their speed so your teammates can take care of things (and this especially fucks over Landorus). Thunder Wave does the same thing, but it doesn't do any damage and won't hit Ground/Electric types. Toxic won't hit Poison and Steel, two big switch-ins for Wigglytuff, so it's not recommended -- but if you have an answer to those types waiting in the wings, go right ahead.

[cont.]
>>
File: wigglyruff.png (168 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
wigglyruff.png
168 KB, 900x1200
>>23025101
The last line of move options is mostly to have fun in lower rankings with less experienced players who may want to stay in to try to stall you out, or the more likely option; they are cocky after having a couple calm mind boosts under their sleeve. Here's what you can do with that --

>Magic Coat
Fuck you Will-O-Wisp. Not my favorite nor the most effective option, but what the hey. It's there, and any Magic Bounce user will be very surprised to see a status turned back onto them. Hell, it's almost worth mentioning just for this.
>Perish Song
Force out Sableye-M if you're having problems with a Calm Mind +6/+6 variant. Wigglytuff can take a hit from Mega Sableye regardless of Calm Mind investment, and Sableye-M isn't used to being forced out by ANYTHING, especially with that many boosts (that they will be reluctant to give up after wasting so many turns on it). Or, if they're smart and switch out, it puts a time limit on their switch-ins.
>Psych Up
Same issue as above -- if you want to run 252 Def for this instead of SpDef, this may be a great idea. Suddenly, you've got a potentially great sweeper on your hands. This is more of a gimmick, though, because anything faster with a Steel or poison type move, you're fucked. But once again, fun to mention anyway.
>Role Play
Same description as above. Borrow Magic Bounce and have fun.
>Protect
Probably the option you'll end up using. Boring, but practical -- goes great in tandem with Wish. Also good for scouting moves on switch-ins, especially those who lock themselves into things with Choice items, like Landorus-T.

[cont. 2/3]
>>
File: bigglymuff.png (30 KB, 170x220) Image search: [Google]
bigglymuff.png
30 KB, 170x220
>>23025108
Lastly, some calcs. As a side note, Wigglytuff also makes a great Giratina check. I may do an ubers analysis later lel

+6 4 SpA Mega Sableye Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Wigglytuff: 178-210 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. Wigglytuff: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time
252 SpA Wigglytuff Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 174-206 (57.2 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Wigglytuff Dazzling Gleam vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 116-140 (38.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
>>
File: 250px-199Slowking.png (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-199Slowking.png
47 KB, 250x250
>>23025120
OP, you're amazing.
In a shoutout to my personal favorite water type.
>Keldeo
AV Slowking absolutely counters the little shit. I'm definitely horrible with writing all this out, so I'll let the calcs speak for me.

Worst case scenario, will literally never be seen:252+ SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Keldeo: 186-222 (48.1 - 57.5%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
The 2hko psyshock brings is a constant with any keldeo unless you find some max defense kee berry fucker.
In opposition: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 137-162 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Strongest move it has against the king, who has regenerator to easily heal it off.
Worried about hp bug/grass/electric/ghost/dark? Don't be.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Dark vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 134-158 (34 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Lets even play a little game of pretend.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 176-208 (44.7 - 52.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO
If it learned dark pulse, and I assure you, it does not, It would still only have below 1/4 chance to 2HKO. With modest. And specs.
Stats- Slowking, modest nature, assault vest,regenerator, Scald/Psyshock/Flamethrower/Power Gem Or Ice Beam.
>>
>>23024957
God, YES. I've been wanting an excuse to train the little stinker.
>>
Hey OP. Been running your Lanturn set all day in OU and it's actually fucking good, started with a new team (decided not to allow any top 20 Pokemon) and I'm currently sat at 1398 points. More sets please, would be interested to see what you come up with
>>
>>23017650
Any other niche counters Ariados can pull off? I really like him but gambling a Rock Tomb from Breloom is so risky.
>>
>>23017781
>>23017796
252+ SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Steelix: 244-288 (68.9 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

nice counter
>>
>>23027375
hur hur I didn't actually read it
>>
I have been running Rocky Helmet Gastrodon on a Sandstorm team as a counter to Rotom-W and momentum users general and with Skarmory they make an amazing defensive core.

Gastrodon (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Protect

Only think to watch out for is Trick. It's been working out pretty well for me so far.
>>
choice scarf aurorus smacks most dragons in the OU tier

Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Ancient Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon

the dragons it can't beat are noivern (but only if it runs focus blast) and goodra, latias also survives hper voice, but Aurorus still beats it, also any thing with a scarf beats it. With a timid nature and a choice scarf it out speeds max speed thunderous by 1 point, and it generally won't occur to most players to use thunder wave, it also beats both forms of landorous assuming they aren't using scarf either http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-217846136
>>
>>23018465
If your content was as interesting as this thread, I'd watch
>>
>>23017852
sexy
>>
>>23017647
I use lanturn in ou in rain teams sometimes,
I believe its c rank in viability actually.
>>
Got anymore, OP?
>>
Bumping rad thread. Anyone got a niche Aegislash counter? I see it on almost every team on battle spot.
>>
>>23018007
Not a counter to mega gardevoir
>>
Excellent thread, OP.

>>23025101
I really want to play with Wigglytuff. Is Counter a viable option?
>>
>>23024973
>Stone Edge
what about Rock Smash? Much more powerful
>>
>>23028725
I think Mandibuzz with enough Speed + Taunt can counter most standard sets

But it's definitely not countering if you include shit like SD Head Smash which was literally made to break Mandibuzz
>>
>>23028725
Problem with Aegis is it literally has perfect coverage, there is very little in the way of a counter in the game.
>>
>>23028725
This is why we need a bulky normal/ghost
>>
>>23028725
If you're not playing Ranked Battle Spot, Meloetta actually uses it as setup bait and can counter Gengar aswell
because Dark Pulse is fucking garbage coverage on Ghosts not named Sableye or Spiritomb
>>
File: 1387207040332.png (248 KB, 547x800) Image search: [Google]
1387207040332.png
248 KB, 547x800
>Breloom, Landorus-T, Excadrill
Gourgeist Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-o-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
Frisk in this plays a huge roles in these with what item they are and how to deal with them.

Example, Landorus-T you'll know how to handle better if you see the item, which is usually the problem with it. Scarfed sets are pretty straightforward, u-turning is an issue but you can easy recover the damage off with Synthesis, landing something like a burn on it is not easy unless its switching in but in that instance, it becomes basically useless, Lefties sets with things like SD or sub are also not an issue, Foul Play can get off a huge amount of damage naturally and keep it from setting up safely.

Brelooms STAB is minimal on Gourgeist, Spore is useless and a will-o can cripple it greatly. If it tries to sub up on you, Foul Play only has a slim chance to not break the sub but in most cases it should.

Finally Excadrill, Gourgeist is a spinblocker that doesn't get straight up KO'd or damaged greatly by an EQ from it, best Excadrill can do is Iron Head and even that would only do about 35% usually. A fun thing to do is if you can keep it in, you can leech seed it and it can't spin them away.
>>
>>23029186
It also counters Mega Metagross
>>
Kyogre's most-commonly used sets can't touch Shedinja. It also doesn't get hit by Mega Metagross, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Gallade and a bunch of other shit that's up there.
>>
>>23029232
>mega gallade
>not running knock off
>>
>>23029239
It's a ghost/bug type, not a bug/flying type. It's immune to ice, same as everything else that isn't Flying, Rock, Ghost, Fire or Dark. Or status-moves.
>>
>>23029242
Most of the ones I've run into have gone with Zen Headbutt.
>>
>>23029242
some of em don't knock off. most common I've seen is Zen headbutt/psycho cut close combat ice punch and protect/poison jab.

then again the team usually has other mons to knock off.
>>
>>23029187
I'd count it as more of a solid check than a full on counter but that's a good mention.
>>
>>23029034
>Rock Smash
You mean Head Smash, right?
>>
File: parasect_wallpaper_1280_ld.jpg (258 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
parasect_wallpaper_1280_ld.jpg
258 KB, 1280x960
Parasect @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Knock Off
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed / Bullet Seed (for subs)

This guy easily takes on many popular Pokemon such as Mega Gyarados, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and many others including various fighting and electric types (not manectric) though not as reliably because of certain coverage moves like Ice Punch (which isn't an OHKO though). After switching in, it can't do much damage in return, but it has something better than that which is Spore. Since the opponent won't keep a sleeping pokemon in, it can knock off the switch-ins item or use aromatherapy to cure status. It can also do that many times in the match due to its good resistances and the ability to recover HP by switching into Water moves.
>>
>>23018007
>232 SpA Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 73-86 (21.2 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

Are you fucking serious? Why would a regular Gardevoir run Hyper Voice?

>232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 135-160 (39.3 - 46.6%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And in case you didn't notice, this Drapion has much more Special Defense than your set. If we're using your set:

>232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Drapion: 174-205 (50.7 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nice counter.
>>
>>23029294
because if it all ref gardevoir it can do is hyper voice. Drapion is immune to psychic and resists shadow ball. especially if it's the scarf set.
>>
>>23018305
For fuck's sake OP, why aren't you capable of doing calculations with the actual Mega forms? You already screwed up with the Drapion/Gardevoir post and now you're acting like it's a big deal when M-Camerupt counters regular Mawile. Just take a look at this:

>252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Camerupt: 165-195 (47.9 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

>252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Camerupt: 308-363 (89.5 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

I don't know whether I should read the rest of this thread or not, it's all a fucking mess and you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: no+fun+allowed+weavile.jpg (47 KB, 530x539) Image search: [Google]
no+fun+allowed+weavile.jpg
47 KB, 530x539
>>23029319
>>
>>23029319
>>23029319
OP here.

My apologies.
I was getting a migraine at that point but I was desperate to give /vp/ something good to read instead of everyone calling each other a faggot all day.

Constructive criticism is welcome, though. I'll have to redo those. Thanks for noticing.

Anyway, I'll be busy today, so I'll just post some more I made last night before bed.
>>
>>23029329
Are you serious? This is not a case of "no fun allowed", I'm just pointing out that OP claims to have counters to M-Gardevoir and M-Mawile while doing calculations with regular Garde and Mawile. That's just retarded.
>>
>>23029345
>>23029319
OP may have made a mistake, but that's no reason for you to be an complete asshole.

Sorry everyone isn't perfect like you, friend.
>>
>>23029345
>>23029319
OP again, for some reason Showdown's calculator kept giving me the wrong stuff. So I'll have to redo them.

I hope they're still decent after the changes, I spent a lot of time on them :(
>>
File: mr mime gardevoir.png (52 KB, 602x552) Image search: [Google]
mr mime gardevoir.png
52 KB, 602x552
>Mega Gardevoir
Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / HP Fire

Mr. Mime doesn't have much, no. But he can counter almost all variants of Mega Gardevoir, as they usually don't run Shadow Ball (Hyper Voice Spam is usually enough, in tandem with Psyshock and Focus Blast). If there's no Shadow Ball, you're in. Mr. Mime forces switches, as she cannot touch him with her STABs or coverage moves, and Soundproof prevents Hyper Voice, her most powerful asset, from doing anything.

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mr. Mime: 110-129 (38.7 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mr. Mime: 33-39 (11.6 - 13.7%) -- possible 8HKO
Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. Soundproof Mr. Mime: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

252+ SpA Choice Specs Mr. Mime Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 186-220 (67.1 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

On the switch, that would be a time to use a coverage move, or double switch. They are likely to switch into a Steel-Type, as that is what Mr. Mime is weakest in dealing with. That's why Hidden Power Fire is on the set -- you can swap that in with Thunderbolt if bulky Waters like Gyarados and Azumarill are giving you trouble.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Mr. Mime Thunderbolt vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 212-250 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mr. Mime Thunderbolt vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 540-636 (152.9 - 180.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mr. Mime has great speed, so it can naturally outrun almost all variants of Azumarill, which do not use speed (almost never).
>>
File: crobat1.jpg (128 KB, 764x619) Image search: [Google]
crobat1.jpg
128 KB, 764x619
Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

The bat comes out of its cave to not only do what it always did, which is demolish all existing fighting types, but also challenge the newcomer to the Pokemon scene - the Fairy type. Since its introduction, this type became really powerful and overused, countering Dragons and Fighters and being great offensively. However, Crobat easily switches into their Fairy-typed moves, outspeeds them, and - thanks to its now useful Poison type, removes them from the game with Cross Poison. Altaria, Sylveon, Togekiss, Azumarill are some of its victims. Gardevoir can be too, if you avoid the Psychic moves.

There are also other Pokemon that surfaced which the bat feasts on, such as Mega Venusaur, which is often hard to kill by other means.

Inner Focus is fun for laughing at Lopunny's Fake Out, but Infiltrator with its substitute-bypassing ability is probably more useful. Fourth move slot went to Aerial Ace in case you want to smash a Fighter without losing HP.
>>
>>23029186
>>23029186
>WoWing Breloom

Don't practically all these fuckers run Toxic Orb though?
>>
>>23029436
How exactly is Crobat Niche? It's pretty much always been a decent check to OU threats, as well as being able to play reliably as a support or even a stall mon.
>>
>>23029471
Isn't technician more common?
>>
>>23029471
Are we in 4th gen? Technicians pretty much the standard now for things like Mach Punch and Bullet Seed.
>>
Bump for intrigue
>>
Bumpies
>>
>>23032413
Rump bump sugar lump bump!
>>
In lower-leveled ladder rankings when you have a hyper-offensive teams, lead with Riolu. Give the little nigger a focus sash and the prankster ability. He probably won't outspeed anything, so have his first attack be reversal. Then use copycat as his next move.

The mon will hit him, bring him down to 1 HP and then he will use reversal at boosted power. Then he gets to go AGAIN. I've swept entire teams who don't know how to deal with this little guy. So much can go wrong, but it's so very satisfying to pull off.

Not really a nice mon against a specific threat, but against a specific playstyle.
>>
File: 16912780.jpg (103 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
16912780.jpg
103 KB, 600x447
Guess i'll try get the ball rolling again
Used to deal with: Mamoswine, M-Altaria, M-Diancie
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Att
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

As someone who uses Mamoswine a lot, I can tell you that Bronzongs can deal with them really well. Thanks to good old Levitate, EQ being your main scare is out the picture, Ice STAB doesn't do much and lefties can keep it going while you wear it down with Gyro Balls, if you predict the switch then you can just set rocks and wear it down further. Knock Off admittedly is an issue but if that gives it a reason to stay in and you get a Gyro Ball off in return and exchange good damage.

M-Altaria follows the same route, DD sets mainly pack return and EQ so dealing with those are very easy to deal with and you come out on top. If it becomes a stall game with roost on its side then you toxic so it has a timer. Special sets are a bit trickier but those are less common and you can usually stomach a few flamethrowers if needed.

M-Diancie is basically like Altaria, relying on mainly on STAB and especially ground moves to deal with its problems like poison and steel because it covers fairy just fine, what happens when you get rid of steels ground weakness? It can shut down Diancie just like that. Gyro Ball easily does the job, GG Diancie.

If you get the rocks up with it and the opponent has Magnezone (the betrayer of steels and fairy enabler), EQ with the attack investment should be a guaranteed OHKO.
>>
>>23032569
You magnificent bastard.
>>
Any more?
>>
>>23034662
Here is one, but again, not against a certain mon. Just a neat tactic.

Torkoal @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Lava Plume

Boost up those defenses and sleep the pain away. Lava Plume will cause burn damage which helps chip away at your opponents. This is a very predictable set and you will need to be using this mon as your last mon in order to have a good time.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave

In much the same way as the one above, this one has the benefit of working with Prankster for shenanigans. Calm Mind gives you added bulk and an increased damage on your Draining Kiss. You don't even need to fear being Toxic'd because of the typing. I doubt this is a niche mon as this set is well known but people hate on stall and that is what this mon does supremely well.
>>
>>23029343
Don't apologize, first good thread with almost no shit memes or faggoty shitposting in a long time, with unique original content, you should almost be proud for bringing it to a fucking board like this
>>
>>23017647
Great threat OP

How about these two to fight against M-sableye

Haxorus@lum berry/life orb/leftovers
Mold Breaker
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake/Superpower

With mold breaker it can taunt through magic bounce and sets up in front of Sableye or hits it hard with dragon claw

Or this

Pangoro@choice scarf
Scrappy
Jolly nature
252 atk/252 spe/4 hp
-parting shot
-superpower
-knock off
-gunk shot

Parting shot for momentum, a scrappy superpower ohkos mega sableye, knock off for additional spamable stab and gunk shot to deal with fairies
>>
>>23017852
>-1 choice band calcs
Top kek
>>
>>23035456
That's what Intimidate does brah
>>
I've found an Imposter Ditto with Choice Scarf to be a fun counter. Can work against Megas (Kanga in mind) that have moves that also are SE against themselves. Use their strength against them.
>>
>>23035602
I don't think I've ever actually used Ditto.

How are its stats affected after Transform? How long does Quick/Metal Powder's boost work?

>>23029343
I like this. I like you.
>>
These are some of the better sets I've seen. So much for /vp/ can't Pokémon.
>>
>>23035699
You don't use those items. Because you're going to use the ability that makes him insta-transform. The only thing that remains constant is his HP, all other stats on Ditto change to the pokemon he is mimicking. The thing about it is, you should always invest in speed and HP. Speed isn't as important but there are a few spots where it will come in handy, especially if you don't use his Hidden ability for some reason. Keep in mind also that when you use the Choice Scarf you will likely win any priority battle if you and the opponent use the same move. However, it may not be the best move to use a priority attack. You should use something that deals with his mon and his team.

Ditto should also be used when your opponent has had a chance to set up and is trying to sweep.
>>
File: 1387808485634.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1387808485634.gif
13 KB, 633x758
One of the better and more interesting threads we've had in a long time, kudos OP and everyone who weighed in their ideas.
>>
File: Poliwrathdreamart.png (41 KB, 387x323) Image search: [Google]
Poliwrathdreamart.png
41 KB, 387x323
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Counters all your shit like physical Feraligatr, Gyarados, Keldeo locked into Scald, Suicune, Bisharp, Scizor, while putting pressure on Rain teams

>>23034909
Scarf Pangoro is kinda bad, just use SD LO / Lum and just watch as it breaks Stall teams down
>>
>>23036646
This is a battle I had a long time ago, back when I thought the powders helped Ditto even though he had the Imposter transformation. Looking back at it, I could have used leftovers to greater success since this Ditto wasn't scarfed.

I made a lot of mistakes and I continue to do so, but this is just an example of how great it is to keep a ditto on your team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-166656231
>>
>>23036724
>drain punch gloom
>using ice beam on jinx instead of switching out

I really don't want to sound like a shit-posting troll since this is a nice thread but damn that was one weird battle. I can understand using 1 or 2 lower tier pokemon but using a whole team of them, especially farfetch'd in OU is really strange, not to mention those moves you chose.

Strange team choices aside, Both you and your opponent kept making really bad choices throughout but I did like the ditto clutch.
>>
treat this as b8 but whatever

i want to make an OU team without legendaries, can you guys help me?
>>
>>23036802
I play around with teams and I wanted a Gen I team to mess around with. Nothing serious and like I said I made plenty of mistakes. I am certainly not calling myself a good player, but rather that battle shows how a Ditto can shore up some lack of player skill.
>>
bump for great interest
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.