[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /vp/, since ORAS was clearly nerfed for a wider audience,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: ORASedit.jpg (105 KB, 621x563) Image search: [Google]
ORASedit.jpg
105 KB, 621x563
So, /vp/, since ORAS was clearly nerfed for a wider audience, how would you balance/change it? I'm bored and would like to have another reason to play the long-awaited remake, so I'll be taking any ideas.
>>
>>22992539
Give the gym leaders their original teams.
>>
File: gymdone.png (59 KB, 793x278) Image search: [Google]
gymdone.png
59 KB, 793x278
>>22992554
Done. Any mons that desperately need coverage? Better stats? Moves that need rebalancing? More NPC megas?
>>
>>22992690
Increase Masqeruin and Spinda's stats.

Oh, and make the Rival's team capable. If Wally can get a Smogon-tier team, than your rival can have a decent one too.
>>
>>22992690
Give Mega Evolving Pokemon to Winona and Wallace.
>>
>>22992690
I wouldn't fuck with pokemon. Just people's teams.
>>22992708
And tate and lisa
>>
>>22992709
I left Tate and Liza out because I think the game counts them as a singular trainer.
>>
>>22992704
In particular give May/Brendan's starter a mega stone in the final and semi-final fights.
>>
File: goodjobgf.png (63 KB, 793x278) Image search: [Google]
goodjobgf.png
63 KB, 793x278
Fun Fact: The Poochyena horde battles have literally no moves, nor is the AI programmed to use them

>>22992704
>>22992709
I'd at least like to use some of Drayano's balance/coverage, but that's only because I enjoy any mon being a challenge.

>>22992708
Mega evolving it is, but any preference?

Also, like >>22992713 said, Lisa and Tate can't both mega, so it's a little odd.
>>
>>22992539
So, where did you get your ORAS rom to edit? I have the same program, but I can't find a reliable site to download the ORAS rom,
>>
>>22992726
3DSISO. I'm also using a 3DS to CIA converter to rip the romfs and exefs necessary
>>
>>22992722
Winona gets a mega altaira obviously.
Wallace gets a mega gyarados?
Oh yeah, make the horde battle against mightyenas.
>>
>>22992722
>Fun Fact: The Poochyena horde battles have literally no moves, nor is the AI programmed to use them
Fix that.

And give Winona a Mega that stays Flying-type upon Mega Evolving, as opposed to Altaria as >>22992736 said.
>>
File: seemsfair.png (49 KB, 794x277) Image search: [Google]
seemsfair.png
49 KB, 794x277
>>22992736
>>22992745
I was actually thinking about having a unique range of mons for the horde, maybe with a weird tactic or just for general challenge, but that may just be too much fuckery to be enjoyable. Thoughts?

Also, went to edit Gyarados and am confused if having Parental bind as all of its abilities is user error or not.
>>
>>22992745
There are none of those in the Hoenn dex
>>
>>22992779
>implying we can't leave the Hoenn dex
>forgetting M-Mance
The real problem is determining which is the best fit. Charizard is Flying and stays flying, Salamance is well, Salamance, Pinsir is Mono-Bug at first, and then you're left with Aerodactyl.
>>
>>22992770
Maybe something like a hazard setter along with the roar spam?
>>
>>22992796
>forgetting M-Pidgeot
buff him too
>>
How about you lower Rayquaza's level so that you can have a real battle with Zinnia instead Mega Rayquayquay sweep.
>>
>>22992722
>Fun Fact: The Poochyena horde battles have literally no moves, nor is the AI programmed to use them

The fuck? What do they do if you don't kill them first turn?
>>
>>22992849
I'm not sure I have the necessary tools to lower Quayquay's level, but I can change Zinnia's team, levels, items, and competence.

>>22992856
Probably resort to whatever moves they may know at that level
>>
>>22992878
Hell, do that than. Make her Salamence on par with Rayquaza, give her an OU dragon team.
>>
>>22992849
>>22992890
>shitters have to resort to using Rayquaza to beat Zinnia
>then complain the game is too easy
LOL
>>
>>22992539
wait. i remember hearing about htis stuff a while back, but is it easily accessible to hack oras? how do you do it?
>>
>>22992539
Built-in injection software in every copy :^)
>>
>>22993290
It's easy if you have a Gateway, otherwise you'd have to use someone else's xorpad's
>>
So, Troy, do you like your Windows tablet?
>>
>>22992539
How about giving IVS and Mega Pokemon to Team Admins, random trainers when you rematch them , give them 6ivs and a full evolved team. Optionally give them mega Pokemon. Make the Gym Leaders Rematchable postgame. For the Battle Maison, Replace the copypasted trainer classes and give them ORAS portraits(i.e. Lass) while keeping the ones exclusive to XY such as the Waitress, just like with Johto's Battle Frontier. I'm very interested in the finished product of this hack.
>>
>>22992539
By the way, do you think that you might edit XY to make it more challenging and possibly put stuff exclusive to ORAS in there and edit the rival's dialogues to make them more likeable? I dont have Gateway, but it would still be cool.
>>
>>22992539
Not OP, but bumping thread. I think this might cause a shitstorm and derail the thread, but does anybody have the decrypted files for ORAS? I want to try and do this myself.
>>
>>22994749
It's available to anyone with a copy of X or Y, a Gateway, and a computer. I was actually planning on making a 721 version of XY with edited trainer rosters, but I got bored along the way. Also not so good at event scripting, and I'd prefer to do that for getting legendaries. Inserting all the data is the easy part, figuring out where all these Pokemon should go is the boring part.
>>22993290
It requires a Gateway (or a copy of the rom and xorpads if you can get them). But once you have the rom and the xorpads, you decrypt the rom. Then just open pk3ds and find the romfs/exefs folder.
>>
>>22995569
I was asking about those files >>22995551 also I second this idea>>22994749. I would like to see how it plays out.
>>
>>22994714
Max IVs make almost no difference at lower levels.
>>22995551
The files are huge. You can get the rom and xorpads on 3dsiso, but I think registration might still be closed.
>>
>>22995582
The files are huge. My romfs folder for XY is 1.66 gb. The a folder (the most important in this area) is like 1.47. Plus it's honestly useless unless you have a Gateway. No Gateway means you can' t play it.
>>
>>22995642
Yeah, but I want to fiddle with it until I have money to buy Gateway.
>>22995584
Then how about giving them egg moves or hidden abilities?
>>
>>22995668
Well, I'm not OP. I have XY, but not ORAS. I'd rather just wait for Drayano's Delta Ruby and Delta Sapphire hacks than try to make my own. XY has too many missing features and I'm not good enough at hacking to try to insert them.
>>
File: shitsandgiggles.png (69 KB, 793x278) Image search: [Google]
shitsandgiggles.png
69 KB, 793x278
OP here, left for a while because I din't think this thread would get any more attention

>>22994712
>not even named Troy
All the time :^)

>>22994714
I can give max IVs, but I'm looking through the options and it appears you can't specify which stat receives which in pk3DS

>>22995642
>>22995668
>>22995708
I could upload clean romfs and exefs to MEGA, and a gig and a half isn't that big compared to the size of an average ROM.

>>22994749
I don't plan on doing XY or doing anything /serious/ but am certainly willing to upload whatever product is created if it's more than just minor fuckery
>>
>>22995900
Could you upload the modded GARCs when you're done? I'd like to play through the game like this with some texture edits I've made myself.

Thanks!
>>
>>22995900
>I could upload clean romfs and exefs to MEGA, and a gig and a half isn't that big compared to the size of an average ROM.

That'd be good enough.
>>
Give Maxie/Archie some Ghetsis tier weather teams. Drought Ninetales+Chlorophyll Shiftry and Drizzle Politoed+Swift Swim Ludicolo are ideal for version aestheticism.
>>
>>22995900
>I'd rather just wait for Drayano's Delta Ruby and Delta Sapphire hacks than try to make my own
Link?
>>
>>22992539
Make the E4 have Megas the first time you fight them.
While you're at it, give 3+ Pokemon a mega, if you're able to.
>>
>>22992690
gardevoir and gallade for liza and tate? anyone?
>>
>>22995930
>GARCS
I'm not sure what those are, sadly. The method I use just puts them back into a cia I extract them from. But I'd love to use those aforementioned textures. Especially if that's you, Rei

>>22995932
Give me just a moment and I'll get you that.

>>22995973
>>22996048
Good ideas, I'll use those

>>22996014
Wrong anon, and the only mention I can find is in the description of his video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ewPscaMnE

>>22996045
I can do the first, but there's no way I can add Pokemon to this game. That requires things I don't have, including 3D models.
>>
>>22996014
They're not done yet.
>>22996045
The latter is pretty much impossible right now. You'd have to create new models, new animations, new bones, etc. Fucking with the model isn't a good idea right now. Texture edits are possible though.
>>
>>22994749
Just buy ORAS instead of still playing shitty XY.
>>
>>22996306
I already have Alpha Sapphire thank you very much.
>>
>>22995973

Expanding on this, Maxie should keep Weezing. It's a decent Pokemon in and of itself, and can be a threat if its moveset is upgraded. Flamethrower to exploit Sun, Thunderbolt/Thunder to punish Water type counters and/or a Rain counter, Pain Split, and maybe Sludge Bomb/Wave for STAB.

As for Archie's Muk, I'm have trouble with that one. Assvest 3 punches+Gunk Shot/Poison Jab? Toxic stalling? Tanking Electric and especially Grass counters and setting Rain back up? There are lot of gimmicks, but none are probably very good if you want a serious challenge.
>>
>>22996086
They're the files located in the romfs 'a' directory, though they don't have the .garc extention by default.

pk3ds mentions which files you're editing, so you would only have to upload 3 located in \a\0\7\ to send your text for example.

Not Rei, I don't have any quality vert/texture edits either really. just some color changes in photoshop.

If you would want to mess around with texture edits I could help you out if you don't know how to already, it's pretty easy.
>>
>>22993264
>Nintendo makes it the first member in your party
>>
>>22998703
Bump
>>
>>22992554
They have their original teams in ORAS. They don't have their Emerald teams.
>>
>>23001253
Then just give them their Emerald t
Teams.
>>
Not that I'd have a way to play this, but just raise all the boss/gym leader evels up by 5?
>>
>>22992539
I wish that Masuda would see this and get BTFO when this is done.
>>
>>22992539
Where do I download this so I can set up my own game?

Have you released the modding tools for OR/AS yet?
>>
File: stillhere.png (7 KB, 971x76) Image search: [Google]
stillhere.png
7 KB, 971x76
OP here, I haven't disappeared, just really busy. Sit tight and hopefully this bad boy will be online soon. I'll post directions with the MEGA link.
>>
>>23003048
>Have you released the modding tools for OR/AS yet?
wot, OP didn't make them. You can find pk3ds on Project Pokemon.
>>
>>23003428
What is this? Your own custom game? How can I try it out?
>>
>>23004033
No, OP uploaded the romfs for Omega Ruby because people were asking for them.
>How can I try it out?
You need a Gateway and a 3ds of 9.2 firmware or below.
>>
>>23004049
Aw. I don't have either of those. Is there anyway I can downgrade my 3DS? I'd probably enjoy making an own adventure and sharing it with you, and trying out you guys's
>>
>>23004090
You can still edit the game if you have the romfs, but you wouldn't have all the other files for repacking. You can only downgrade if you're already on 9.2.
>>
>>23003428
So where are the directions?
>>
>>22996317
Good thinking.
>>
>>23005871
>I'll post directions with the MEGA link.
Mega has not been posted yet, therefore, directions have not been posted either. But the directions are on the same site pk3ds was released on
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44950-pk3DS-XY-ORAS-ROM-Editor-amp-Randomizer
>Simply feed it a folder (drag/drop or by Open Dir) which only contain the game romfs & exefs extracted content folders.
You open it, you click yes for ORAS or no for XY, you wait for it to load, you click on an editor, you edit shit.
>>
>>22992539
Make Wally's Battle Maison rematch team level 100 with 6IVS all around and an EV spread to make him more of a challenge, and edit his AI if that's possible
>>
Bumping again.
>>
Holy shit, you guys are still here? /vp/'s much slower this gen. You guys are very loyal or have no fucking idea how to google

Anyways, as promised
https://mega.co.nz/#!OQdTRBRS!-O-qKZETQD568VvqUt-lCP4eK1f5GQsAE8LYtzMssrQ

>What are these?
The clean romfs and exefs for Omega Ruby. You can edit anything from the moves, to ingame text, to who can Mega. There's also music and textures in here,but I'm not telling you how to edit those today.

>Why are they clean?
Because it's easier to change the base then revert all the changes I've made

>How do I use them
You can edit them with the tool provided here. >>23007918
Listen to the user on page 3, the other responses also help common errors.

>Now how do I play with them
You need a 3DS with 9.2 or under and a Gateway

>Does [>9.2] firmware work?
If it did, I wouldn't have put 9.2 :^)

>Fuck you
Try Sky3DS

>Okay, I have those, now what?
Well, you can reinsert the romfs and exefs with a number of tools, but I use the converter here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/285574-3DS-To-CIA-Converter-v4-0
Feel free to correct me with better tools.

That's all I got, really. Have at it, anons.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.