[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ah, it's you! We were raising you pokemon and we found an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: Slipp happy.jpg (3 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
Slipp happy.jpg
3 KB, 125x118
Ah, it's you!
We were raising you pokemon and we found an egg.
You do want it don't you?
>Yes
Your party is full, egg sent to Box 1.

what are some small things you'd like?
>>
Adjustable music and sound settings.t
>>
>>22406628
Battle Facility Multi Battles where you can actually team up with people online.
>>
>>22406628
Actually being able to change my nicknames any time I want without having to visit some old asshole.
Actually being able to name traded mons that are nameless.
>>
A pokemon generator for battlespot

no more hackers
>>
"Thank you for saving me from *blah*. Please take this *blah* as a token of my gratitude."
>Your party is full. *Blah* sent to Box n.
>>
>>22406645
Mother
Fucking
THISSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>22406655
Doesn't this happen nowadays? I know it does for fossils.
>>
>>22406660
I was playing Omega Ruby today and it didn't do it for the Wynaut egg and Castform, so I'm not sure how frequently it does happen. But it's not 100%. It should be 100%.
>>
>>22406644
>team up with people online.
Why the fuck hasn't this happened yet?
>>
>>22406668
It happens when you recieve Latios, you get asked which pokemon do you want to box for it. Also with Yveltal in X/Y. Otherwise no.
>>
>>22406645
There is zero reason this shouldn't be allowed.

Also, I'd like more things like the Eon flute. Letting you fly without a Pokemon in your party that knows fly is a great idea.
>>
File: HE.jpg (3 MB, 2501x2101) Image search: [Google]
HE.jpg
3 MB, 2501x2101
In the ORAS pokedex, you can play battle animations and pause them
In future games, pausing the animation changes the pokedex portrait of that pokemon to the the position you paused it it
>>
Also why the fuck is it impossible to un-learn HMs? I understand why you can't forget Surf while Surfing but other than that, it's complete bullshit. Why do I have to fuck up one of my moveslots for cut and rocksmash? Why does my water mon have to learn two physical water moves with same base power and Surf? Why do I have to waste two pokemon slots of my team for HM slaves? FUCK YOU GAMEFREAK
>>
>>22406645
>transfer pokemon all the way from Colosseum
>nickname forcibly changed because how DARE the name have "boob" in it
>get told Misdreavus is "a truely impeccable name"

At least give us the ability to nickname it if there's no chance of the pokemon EVER getting back to its original game, christ
The name was Booberry by the way.
>>
>>22406645
please this.
>>
>>22406678
HE CAN STRETCH OUT HIS LEGS…

WHEN HE NEEDS TO!
>>
>>22406700
You can't unlearn HMs because you could get completely stuck.
>>
>>22406728
Like in what situation? give me one good example. HMs don't break, how could I get stuck? I can make the mon relearn it again.
>>
Change fly to be the overworld flying we have in ORAS
>>
>>22406700
>>22406728
>need to teach a whale how to swim
>need to teach a bird how to fly

HM's are a fucking lame idea and make exploration tedious as shit. Cut trees respawn, rock smash rocks respawn, some strength boulders dont have a hole to push them in.

If a pokemon can learn the HM, let it be able to use it without wasting a moveslot on a weakass move that's worse than Tackle.
>>
>>22406743
You could release them though, right?
>>
>>22406743
>Go to ever grande city
>Unlearn all HMs
>Go to Pokemon Center
>Release all Pokemon capable of learning said moves
>No Pokeballs to catch new Pokemon with

It's an extremely specific example, but it IS possible to get yourself stuck like that.

HMs are just a terrible way of going about fixing this problem. All they need to do is make things like the Eon Flute a series standard. Maybe let you swim without a Pokemon too.
>>
>>22406628
I would kill for this. why the fuck can they not just send it to the damn box already!?
>>
>>22406756
You're not teaching it to fly, you're teaching it to fly in a way that could carry a human/attack something. Same with surf.
I still hate HMs.
>>
I don't know WHAT they were smoking when they did the flying Pokemon's battle animations, but that shit needs to go.
>>
>>22406760
You can only release pokemon in a PC.
>>
>>22406777
>teach it to fly in a way that could carry a human

Explain Lati@s being able to carry you without knowing Fly then
>>
>>22406760
You can release pokemon only in pokemon centers, which means you can't get stuck.

The only good argument is that if I made a pokemon forget the HM move and trade it in wondertrade or GTS, I could get stuck.

Anyway, the HM deleter should at least be available from the start. It's in fucking lilycove in ORAS. Or the option to forget HMs should be integrated into every pokemon center's PC.
>>
>>22406765
>unlearn HMs at Ever Grande
>>
>>22406765
Inflatable Hovercraft item when? If you can store a bike and a few thousand pokeballs in that backpack, why not that?
>>
>>22406795
He's giving an example of why they don't let you do that.
>>
>>22406645
>Actually being able to name traded mons that are nameless.

It has always pissed me off beyond a reasonable level that this is not a thing.
>>
File: Fedora (2).jpg (14 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Fedora (2).jpg
14 KB, 320x180
>>22406765

>go to pacifiglog town
>relase all pokemon except pokemon that can't learn surf, this is before getting eon flute, and you have no fishing rod/s.

Now you are stuck, unless you trade.
>>
>>22406800
If you're going to give an example, use a valid one that could actually happen. There's literally no wat to get stuck in any game bar DP.
>>
>>22406808
No, I know that situation would never happen.
I was giving an example of what COULD happen if they let you unlearn HMs wherever you wanted.
>>
>>22406765
But you have the Eon flute by then
>>
>>22406817
If I save my game in skyrim while falling from a cliff and then delete all my other save files, it's the same thing.
We should not be punished for idiots being idiots.
>>
>>22406843
I agree 100%, but that's just how Gamefreak wants to treat us.

Hopefully they keep the eon flute and add a few other items like it in the next game.
>>
File: umm.gif (942 KB, 395x259) Image search: [Google]
umm.gif
942 KB, 395x259
>>22406808
>>22406817

this? >>22406807
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iz48743Yyg
>>
>>22406777
>>22406788
why cant yanmega fly when its pokedex says that they commonly carry off full grown struggling humans?
>>
File: 1307208358837.jpg (90 KB, 730x548) Image search: [Google]
1307208358837.jpg
90 KB, 730x548
>>22406807
I'm struggling to think of a way out of this situation and I can't.
>>
>>22406874
No. If you arrive on Pacifidlog you either need the Eon Flute OR Surf. You can NOT release pokémon with HMs, as "they were worried about you". You could, however, trade away all Surf mons on Wonder Trade.
>>
>>22406765
wait, it's impossible to release pokemon that know HMs in the pokemon center?
>>
>>22406885
arent there linoones near there? he learns surf
>>
>>22406671
because some fucking shithead will attack you all the time because he thinks he must kill everybody, last standing wins
>>
>>22406765
In HGSS (I think), the game didn't allow you to release your last Pokemon who could learn an HM move, even if it didn't actually know the move. You'd just get a "The Pokemon came back" message every time you tried to release it.
>>
>>22406850
They could always just add an Abra teleport service at every Pokémon center that returns you to one of the hub towns. But, heck, if they don't remove soaring (which they will) this is all really a non-issue since you can just fly anywhere.

I wouldn't even mind if there was an NPC that gave you a Pokéball for free if you have none in your bag.

>>22406765
Does the game not allow you to release Pokémon that know HMs? I've never tried.
>>
>arrive on pacifidlog
>miss all fishing rods
>avoid the eon flute
>deposit all pokemon that can learn surf
>wonder trade them
>have a single pokemon in your party that can't surf
>release all Wonder Trade mons

There, you are now stuck. you can no longer trade, surf, fly.
>>
I've always thought that they should make the field moves key items. Like hedge clippers to replace cut, or a hammer for Rock Smash, or use your poke-cell phone to use flash. They kind of did it with the eon flute, but I highly doubt it will return until ORAS remakes in 2040

Why they haven't done it is beyond me, but that's our gamefreak
>>
>>22406908

If >>22406894 is true, I doubt you are able to wondertrade your last mon that can learn the HM (if you already have that HM in your bag) .
>>
>>22406925
>get flashlight in Hearthome Gym because it's dark
>never mentioned again
>>
File: 1275504703667.png (164 KB, 477x345) Image search: [Google]
1275504703667.png
164 KB, 477x345
>>22406908
>>
Wait, how do you avoid the eon flute? Doesn't Steven prevent you from continuing?
>>
>>22406942
You can visit Pacifidlog during the Heavy Rain / Drought event, prior to the flute
>>
Can you still use the Eon Flute if you don't have Latias or Latios in your game? Like if you trade them or something? Or can they not be traded?
>>
>>22406925
They really should do this.

It'd still block off areas until you've got an item that could allow you to progress, but it also wouldn't require you to waste a move slot.
It'd make getting stuck impossible too.
They probably made it the way it is so you can "feel a connection" with your Pokemon or something, but it's just inconvenient.

They could just do this-
Fly = Eon Flute
Surf = Swimsuit
Dive = Scuba Gear
Rock Smash = Some hammer or drill or something
Cut = Hedge Clippers
Rock Climb = Climbing Gloves

The only one that'd be weird is Strength. They could do "power gloves" or something, but that'd be a little strange.
>>
>>22406959
I remember Steven saying something like "No matter how far apart you two are they'll come flying to you in an instant"

So I'd think it could be in Kalos and it would work
>>
>>22406968
They could instead make strength based puzzles environment specific, like using a crane or bulldozer, or just turn all strength boulders into Rock Smash rocks.

Seriously, strength puzzles suck now with the 4-tile rocks, the only time they've ever even been interesting/fun was back in Johto
>>
>>22406628
I've never understood why we can't nickname event Pokemon.
>>
>>22406887
the surf mon you use to go there is one that you release, but if you can't i guess just wondertrade it away.
>>
>>22406875
lol, too true.
>>
>>22407027
This is why the mailman giving you one is shit

>get an unnicknameable Darkrai
>with the ot GAMESTP or WIN2014 or some shit
>>
File: 1409829863625.jpg (17 KB, 470x349) Image search: [Google]
1409829863625.jpg
17 KB, 470x349
>>22406655
>mfw the guy with the Tyrogue in Johto
Even worse because its only after you beat the 8th gym and it was only a level 10
>>
>>22406875
funniest thing Ive seen in a long time.
>>
Would be nice, if they want to keep the HM crap, to at least make it so that pokemon have out of combat move slots which are different from the combat moves we are used to using. If a person wants to make a HM move a combat move, they're still capable of doing so, they just need to have the mon learn it on the combat move section.
>>
>>22406628

An "egg basket" Key item that can carry up to 12 additional pokemon eggs for hatching.

Expanded PC mechanics. If I'm out in the field and catch something, let me send a mon to the box and use what I just caught.

The day care guy should call me when an egg is ready and offer to send it via the PC system directly to my party.

A "breeding basics" chalkboard in the daycare that explains things like natures and egg moves to small children. They probably need that more than the fucking battle mechanics chalkboard in the trainer school.
>>
Get rid of HMs and each pokemon has "hidden" moveslots. Basically, let's say when you get the HM for Rock Smash, then Rock Smash would automatically be learned by any pokemon in the party that can learn it and be placed on it's hidden move list. And you would have the option to make it a useable move in battle as well as keeping it on the hidden list so you can get rid of the move anytime if needed.

Ambient noises would be a good thing to bring back. It just makes it so much more realistic. Make it so you can put items in PC again, not important though.
>>
>>22407130
>They probably need that more than the fucking battle mechanics chalkboard in the trainer school.

As if the 5 or so NPC's talking about pokemon being poisoned 30 minutes in wasn't enough
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.