[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamestop Heracross/Pinsir Event
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 15
File: Aug_Module_1_xy_EN-US.jpg (88 KB, 580x414) Image search: [Google]
Aug_Module_1_xy_EN-US.jpg
88 KB, 580x414
Holy shit this is the biggest clusterfuck of an event I've ever seen.

>half the stores didn't get a shipment in
>part of them have no idea what the fuck is going on
>some are requiring you to preorder to get it
>some haven't opened up their fucking kits yet
>no one has any idea about a poster

This is a huge fuck up. I'll be betting they don't do anything like this again. Is anyone else having any luck?

My recommendation is to call around and ask before wasting your time going out to a store.
>>
Why would I go to fucking gamestop for a megastone?

Just get someone to give it to you in a powersaves thread.
>>
>>20577389
I remember last year some stores claimed the shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina were an X/Y preorder bonus.
What even.
>>
>>20577389
Is it really that bad Anon I was gonna get an extra for my x/y, but now I don't think i even want to go. Also did you get yours? How long did it take?>>20577403
Go back to begging in your powersave thread
>>
>>20577389
gamestop fag here. the shipment is coming in to unless ups stole our shit again like xbones and ps4. it is suppose to have a standie with it and posters. so if you preorder oras make sure to get your dual sided poster. fuck this sounds like an ad.
>>
>>20577428
yeah they pulled the same stunt with Keldeo too I think. you had to preorder i think BW2 to get it or something.

If im not mistaken, i remember reading that gamestop employees get ranked higher depending on how many preorders and sales and such that they do, so thats how they can move up in the store.

>>20577435
Yeah I've been calling around and that's what i've been met with so far. Pretty much no one has any idea whats going on. The one store closest to me is the only one i've gone to and they didn't have it, but I did find another local store that has the codes in so im about to go out there.
>>
>>20577448
Do you get the poster when your preorder? The ones that actually knew about it said that you only get the poster when you pick up the game, but I got the XY poster when i put the money down.
>>
They should've just given out the stones along with the Heracross/Pinsir through Mystery Gift. What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>20577454
They also get ranked if you fill out a survey thats on the receipt. Next time I preorder I try to do it with a decent employe.
>>
>>20577464
from the email on gso (game stol online) the poster are to be given to those have preordered or going to preorder. same shit happen with cod aw we ran out of posters but honored the preorder.
>>
I almost forgot about this.

brb gamestop
>>
File: 1270942450449.jpg (216 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
1270942450449.jpg
216 KB, 850x478
>needed to do a workout
>decide to bike down a few miles to FUCKING GAMESTOP
>find out its pre-order only
>mfw preordering games in 2014
>mfw its 95 degrees and humid as balls out
>mfw this is essentially $5 DLC for one mega stone.

I might be tempted if it were for all of the X/Y mega stones, but fuck this.
>>
File: frosty2.png (106 KB, 418x279) Image search: [Google]
frosty2.png
106 KB, 418x279
>last year
>go to pre-order X
>"yeah, I get that poster right?"
>"that's right you do anon! You know what? I'll give you two so you can hang each side up!"
>GameStop employee is great
>never had any bad stories about gamestop
>mfw I'm the only one
>sucks to be you idiots
>>
>>20577389
>mfw my Gamestop is chill as fuck with this
>mfw they never try to make you preorder to download these things

Of course I never buy anything since it's all overpriced as fuck and their PC selection is shit
>>
File: 1382423399427.jpg (99 KB, 326x407) Image search: [Google]
1382423399427.jpg
99 KB, 326x407
>>20578164
>mfw I forgot my face
>>
>>20578128
>go into gamestop to buy some game stops
>X/Y preorders are up
>decide to preorder X
>"I'm looking forward to this game as well, man."
>Paid in full. Hands me a receipt
>"Also, here's a poster. Enjoy!"
>Thank him and walk out

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
How do canadians get this?
>>
>No Moxie
fucking dropped
>>
>>20577389
>>some are requiring you to preorder to get it
Every single fucking event in GAME Britain ever.
"But the GAME website says no preorder necessary."
"I'm sorry, but my manager has threatened to fire me if I give it to anyone without a preorder."
>>
>>20578047
>>find out its pre-order only
>>mfw this is essentially $5 DLC for one mega stone.
>Having to pay for your preorders
Being a Britfag is wonderful. Here you can say "yeah I'll preorder it," not give any money in advance and never collect
>>
I thought the distribution is through Wi-Fi?

Can't you just sit outside and download it?
>>
>>20578422
You might have to ask them to turn it on

>>20578393
What shop? GAME wants a £5 deposit
>>
Was no trouble in Sweden with the Magmar/Electabuzz event with gamestop.
>>
File: 1387326837002.jpg (19 KB, 481x391) Image search: [Google]
1387326837002.jpg
19 KB, 481x391
>Gamestop event
>>
>>20578339
I believe there may be a code for other countries in a club email or something?

>>20578422
>>20578469
No, the Pinsir/Heracross were both distributed over Wi-Fi last week. The Pinsirite/Heracrossite are both part of the second half of the promotion where you have to get a serial code form the store.
>>
>>20578339
>f you are located in Canada or Latin America, have your Pokémon Trainer Club location listed as Canada and have opted in to the official news letter, then in September, you will receive the Mega Stone serial codes through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter.
>>
OP here again, looks like a lot of the stores near me didn't get their kits in at all. Some sort of standee or something with cards I guess?

I'm just gonna check tomorrow I guess. If anyone has done it already, do you get a card? or exactly how do you get the serial code? (obviously you can cover up the code, but I want to see what you get)
>>
Wait so you have to pre order ORAS to get the stones?
LMAO
>>
>>20578651
You're not supposed to have to, but some stores are claiming you do.
>>
>2014
>Gamestop event
>not even a legend/shiny
>>
>>20578658
Guess I'll take my chances later today and see how it goes.
>>
>>20578715
Print out the official announcement of the event, bring it with you, and tell them to explain where it says you have to preorder if they start some shit.
>>
Local GameStop's here are saying pre-order ORAS or spend $5 on Pokemon product (like, say, TCG booster packs) to obtain the serial code. I dread the day when Diancie is distributed through these jokers.

P.S. I've got nice Diancie but none I can really call my own, so to speak.
>>
I thought Gamestop was only giving the stones away and the actual pokemon you can get from home using your Wi-Fi?
>>
>>20578760
You thought right, no one's claiming differently.
>>
>>20578743
Yeah, you're not supposed to have to preorder (or buy anything for that matter).

The event doesn't mention it anywhere and its likely just a store thing they're pulling.
>>
>>20578760
Yeah, but stones are more useful as you can breed for the Pokémon
>>
>>20578760
Yep that's correct.
I just grabbed the OP image from the email i got this morning about the event.
>>
>>20578785
OP implied it though. From his pic to the subject "Heracross/Pinsir" event instead of "Heracrossite/Pinsirite event"
>>
>>20578810
>implying
>>
>>20577389
>half the stores didn't get a shipment in

This
>>
>>20578739
I guess I'l do that since I promised my cousin to take him with me, thanks for the advice
>>
http://www.pokemontcgxy.com/en-us/get-heracross-or-pinsir

According to this, Gamestop is suppose to give you a bonus poster when preordering. They might be confusing that with the flyer for the mega stones.
>>
File: 1365825693508.jpg (71 KB, 300x864) Image search: [Google]
1365825693508.jpg
71 KB, 300x864
Oh man, I'm going there later most likely, I'll let you guys know how it went. I know it's their whole plan, but I was going to preorder OR or AS eventually, I might as well do it now. Still kind of undecided, but might get AS since I already have R/E.
Partially because I've come to know a guy working there personally, but my Gamestop I go to doesn't seem to suck as much ass as the ones I hear about online. Mine gave out their extra timeline posters to whoever preordered any copy/combination of X/Y, and I preordered X before the posters were announced so I just went back in there with my receipt and got it. (I'll do the same thing if they don't have them in yet, it didn't seem to bother them before.)
The only bad thing that happened there though was the day HG/SS came out, there was a real lack of Lugia figures for those who preordered SS, but a whole shit-ton of Ho-Oh figures (I remember seeing a whole bunch of Ho-Ohs over the counter but not one Lugia th-though I was too spaghetti to ask if they had any Lugias so I just bought the figure for a small amount of money sometime later.) Though, to be fair, I think that was a widespread thing not limited just to any one Gamestop.

TL;DR, serial codes/wifi would be a much more convenient way to get the Megastones though.
>>
Just got back from my local gamestop.

Nintendo didn't give them the distribution rights because individual stores are being blacklisted for some people being able to download without purchasing the pre-order.

What a clusterfuck. What a colossal fuck-up.
>>
My (2) local gamestop(s) never pull shit like this. I just walk in, event, leave. But I have no use for this event, seeing as how I have both X and Y, I can just get the stones in the other game. Simple.
>>
>>20577448
UPS here, it's pretty much impossible to steal a console in shipping.
>>
In Canada they are just going to send people on the Pokemon News Letter a code by E-mail with the September edition.
>>
>>20579195
That sounds like someone is ducking with you or just talking out of their ass.
IV never had anything but good experiences at my local GS Vegas here btw. Worst case is long lines caused by someone selling there old game stuff and trying to negotiate a higher trade in.
>>
>>20579306
How do I know if I'm on their e-mail list? I've been signed up for years but I've never received a single e-mail from them.
>>
So do you have to ask for the code or is there like a stand with cards and you take one?
>>
>>20577448
How much shit do you get if someone takes the survey and ranks you piss poor.
>>
>>20579491
You have to opt in to receiving it, go to the Trainer Club website and check your profile settings.

How many Americans are simply going to change their profile to Canada and wait it out to get easy-mode codes, I wonder.
>>
>>20580027
I was told that they're expecting a "standee" with the cards on them. As I suspected, they have a scratch off thing on them to get the code.
>>
File: actually cried.jpg (176 KB, 747x548) Image search: [Google]
actually cried.jpg
176 KB, 747x548
A friend and I went to a gamestop for the stone recently and they said the shipment wasn't in yet and it would be soon. I didn't know it was some international fuck up.
I prefer scarfed Heracross, over mega anyway
>>
>>20580841
Why are /v/tards so edgy?
>>
>>20580841
scrafed heracross? is this gen V?
>>
>>20580949
Because they're nihilistic and misanthropic.
>>
So... I just called my local Gamestop, I guess they didn't get in a shipment. I mean that's fine and all, but I would have loved to have gotten a Heracrossite without having to go that far into X, since I'd spent most of my time in Y
>>
>>20580977
please excuse my faggotry, i meant Pinsirite
>>
>>20577389
>>20577428
>>20577454
>>20578047
>>20578374
>>20578393
>>20578469
>>20578651
>>20578743

Like, >>20578658
said, you ARE NOT required to pre-order the game to get your free distribution. It's a free distribution and if the store tries to tell you that you have to pay to get it, don't do it. No matter what they say, refuse to pay for it, because they cannot force you to.
Do what >>20578739
said.
If you have to, make them bring out the manager. Just don't give in, because they're just trying to pull some Jew shit.

>>20578876
Nah, they aren't confusing it, they're doing it on purpose. Workers get ranked better and shit if they get more preorders and stuff.

>>20579195
Sounds like bullshit to me. It's a distribution, not a pre-order bonus and is being advertised as a distribution. If Nintendo tried to force it as a pre-order when no sources say it's only a pre-order bonus and not a distribution, they could get sued for false advertising.
>>
I just went to 4 different Gamestops, and none of them had the codes. One store told me they were supposed to get them today, while another one said they were supposed to get them a whole week ago.
>>
File: 1393149492472.png (232 KB, 435x303) Image search: [Google]
1393149492472.png
232 KB, 435x303
>>20581297
And if the manager is the one pulling the shit, report it to Gamestop themselves. Get the asshole's name, the address and the franchise number should be easy to find online. When you've been wronged, don't sit back and take it like a Chris. Be a man and DO something about it.
>>
>>20580061
different gamestop fag here

we get raped
>>
File: wii costanza now.jpg (120 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
wii costanza now.jpg
120 KB, 720x960
Just called both Gamestops in walking distance of my home and both say they haven't received anything yet. ;_;
>>
That one anon from before. My Gamestop had the poster advertising the pre order and event, but of course, no serial codes or even posters. Looks like I'll have to go back again.
Also, their poster did indeed state you had to preorder the game to get the code. I was going to anyway and did, but what the fuck. (Have a picture but it's not too good quality. )
>>
File: 20140818_182057.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20140818_182057.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Again, shit quality but their security monitoring was right by it so I didn't want to get any shit
I'm still confused that if they had this that they didn't have the actual posters or codes. (Still pre ordered it though to get it over with since I was going to anyway)
>>
63E-9QSJ-6EA-B9X
>>
just buy powersaves
the pokemon aren't even ev trained/have shitty iv's, why bother?
>>
>>20582820
Wtf that's completely wrong. We can get Heracross/Pinsir without going to Gamestop. Go file a complaint for that location.
>>
Is the serial code unique?
>>
>>20583217

>file a complaint for that location
>for the information that it says on a poster that was probably sent to them by their higher ups

That will accomplish so much anon, you are a genius
>>
>>20582897
>the pokemon aren't even ev trained/have shitty iv's, why bother?
The Pokémon aren't being given out at GS, just the stones.
>>
Holy shit you faggots are losers, its not even a good Mega Evolution
>>
>>20583373
>Mega Pinsir
>not good

Get one attack boost and quick attack'return and Pinsir can be a good physical sweper
>>
Does anyone have a heracrossite? Store didnt have it
>>
>>20582820
My gamestop had that poster, but taped over the text in the lower right was a cheaply printed B&W 8 x 11.5 sheet of paper with more accurate information.
>>
Ok so you can get the pokemon through wi-fi but the stones are in store only? What the fuck kind of logic is that? Why not just send the pokemon holding the stones?
Is this just a ploy to boost preorder sales?
>>
>>20583373
>implying i want to use it in battle.
im just a collector and I want the stone.

>>20585729
I dont think very many at all had it. Maybe tomorrow try again?

>>20586433
Its to get people in the store to preorder and maybe get something else.
>>
>>20586491
>Its to get people in the store

I'm a 23 year old grown fucking man playing pokemon. I don't need this shit.
>>
>>20577389
I got my Pinsir with no Megastone.
>>
>>20577389
>some are requiring you to preorder to get it
Report any that tries this.
>>
Well we're at Day 2 now. Bumping this for visibility.

Anyone go out today and get it? I think Gamestop like just opened so it may be a bit. I might try calling around 11 and see if they're in yet.
>>
File: 1368228157816.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1368228157816.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>>20583388
>get one shot by Bravest Bird while setting up
>thinking lolquick attack is even a threat against Bravest Bird
>>
File: 1380675110376.png (100 KB, 268x297) Image search: [Google]
1380675110376.png
100 KB, 268x297
>>20577389
Can't you just rename your own WiFi network to the one Gamestop uses and get the same results?
>>
>>20589431
>functionally retarded

>>20592830
>serial codes
>>
>>20592029
Just called. Nigga said he hasn't gone through his shipments today yet (understandable, only been opened for about an hour). Will call back soon.
>>
I went to my local white GS and they looked at me like I was retarded when I asked for the code.
I went to the GS in nignogville and they were incredibly nice and helpful. Even gave me an extra code for my gf. It's pretty much a crapshoot if you'll get the code or not, make sure you call first.
>>
>>20592879

My Gamestop looked through their shipment for me, said they got theirs, but they are requiring a preorder for the stone. I said online it wasn't advertised as a preorder and he said he hadn't read anything about it, so he wasn't sure, but the board said, etc. and tried to sell me on pre-ordering (of course, his job)~ but I'm already getting the game for Christmas from a relative who already preordered.
>>
>>20593198
Can they not offer a better incentive to preorder besides a fucking stone?

Why not give us Diancie or Hoopa or that other one? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>20593198
I wish i could experience this so I could verbally fuck the guy up, but I've had my game payed off for months
>>
>>20593216
I don't know. I miss great preorder bonuses. At Toysrus for HG/SS I got a DS kit (styluses, charms and a microfiber cloth) and a tshirt. Been a long time.

>>20593247
>dat edge
He was very nice though. He said if I came in we could take a look online and see what's been said.
>>
File: 1407167015063.jpg (47 KB, 684x680) Image search: [Google]
1407167015063.jpg
47 KB, 684x680
>>20577389
Man am I glad I just have to sit here waiting for my code from the Pokemon newsletter to my e-mail.
>>
OP here again. I checked another Gamestop out today. To my surprise, there was a lady there from Nintendo (she had a lanyard with name badge, and a Wario shirt) and said that it was happening all over the country and that they were checking into it to see what happened.

I'd say its pretty likely that they wont have another event like this again in the near future.

Im pretty sure gamestop gets their things in on wednesday so maybe tomorrow afternoon we can get the stone.
>>
>>20592744
>Forgetting that feint has more priority than Bravest Bird
>>
>>20595017
>I'd say its pretty likely that they wont have another event like this again in the near future.

Thank Jesus
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>20577389
Just went to GameStop and the girl behind the counter have me this phone number to call and harass for the code.
>>
>>20595017
I wonder if they're going to start emailing codes or something as consolation.
>>
>>20595017
I want this to be true so much, but frankly I can't see Nintendo ever giving a fuck about how awful Gamestop is about these things
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.