[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 131
File: Pac-Man.png (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Pac-Man.png
74 KB, 400x400
Reminder that Pac-Man is in the game edition

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUaJmum_XWs

The 3DS version will release on September 13th in Japan and October 3rd abroad, with the Wii U version to follow in Winter, both of this year.

Both systems will share the same characters.

>Key differences between the Wii U and 3DS versions:
?There will be certain stages exclusive to the Wii U/3DS
?There will be certain game modes exclusive to the Wii U/3DS
?The Wii U version is being designed for a more multiplayer experience, while the 3DS version is being designed for a more personal experience
?The art styles will be different

>Collection of Sakurai's Updates:
imgur.com/a/equAc

>Confirmed Newcomers:
Villager from Animal Crossing
Mega Man from Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer from Wii Fit
Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy
Little Mac from Punch-Out!!
Greninja from Pokémon X/Y
Mii Fighters from Mii Channel
Palutena from Kid Icarus
Pac-Man from Pac-Man
Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening
Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles
Duck Hunt Dog from Duck Hunt
Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising
Bowser Jr. from Super Mario Sunshine

>Official Trailer, Character Intros, Latest Reveal, and other videos:
? www.smashbros.com/us/movielist/
? www.smashbros.com/us/music/
?? youtu.be/GUl1EkUJ46k/

>All Characters Unlocked
imgur.com/dYnhmJJ.jpg

>/ssbg/ site (extras:Emulation Netplay Guide, Roster Maker, mods, links, etc.):
sites.google.com/site/vgssbg/

>/ssbg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/TONIGHTS_THE_NIGHT

Previous thread: >>79903606
>>
FUCK YOU ALL
>>
2nd for Sakurai should break both of his fucking arms
>>
Now that the dust has settled...

who the FUCK at the chorus men and why the FUCK did everyone think they were going to be in?
>>
1st for Etika's tears
>>
File: SOLIDsnake.png (332 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
SOLIDsnake.png
332 KB, 500x394
WHY
SAKURAI
WHY
>>
WE'RE THE FASTEST GENERAL ON /VG/
>>
So.....s-should I get out while I can before the shitposting gets worse?
>>
There have been complaints about how Captain Falcon made Lucina appear weak in the trailer. But let's remember that in the Fire Emblem universe, not a single character uses punches or kicks on the opponents. Therefore the fact that Falcon goes straight for her face and later an attempt to disarm her (one of the special abilities in the Fire Emblem games, specifically the Tellius saga) catches her by surprise.
There's also the fact that, in his home series, Captain Falcon's main rival is Samurai Goroh, who is, of course, a Samurai. So he would probably know how to fight against someone with a sword from experience if things ever got physical between the two, or from training himself to, just in case.
>>
File: 1406253670971.png (451 KB, 630x331) Image search: [Google]
1406253670971.png
451 KB, 630x331
Pac-Man is best smash bro.
>>
Are there no unlockable stages? What are you doing Sakurai?
>>
File: mother3.png (318 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
mother3.png
318 KB, 1280x800
>>79911560
Anybody who didn't cry after beating Mother 3 has no heart.
>>
>>79911664
3 guys from 1 minigame in 1 Rhythm Heaven game that people somehow thought would be more likely to be in Smash than either of the franchise's series mascots.

It's baffling, honestly.
>>
Post yfw tomorrow's pic of the day is some mad jap holding Sakurai's corpless head.
>>
Anyone got a clean version of the full roster?
>>
>>79911664
>and why the FUCK did everyone think they were going to be in?
Everyone saw them in the Gematsu Leak and they were like 'Gosh, I never thought of this idea, but it would be great!', and then, like everything else involving fake text leaks, convinced themselves that they were realistic options.

The same shit happened back during Brawl with characters like Ashley and Waluigi.
>>
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
Snake

I'll miss you all.
>>
In Palutena's reveal trailer for Wii U/3DS, Pit and Link are portrayed as rivals. Why? Because both of them are the chosen heroes of goddesses of light -The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword reveals that Link is the (reincarnation of the) chosen hero of Hylia, and Pit is the chosen hero of Palutena, who takes a special interest in Link because of this.
>>
>>79911786
I cried listening to Electric Light Orchestra

I didn't fucking cry at Mother 3
>>
>>79911683
i thought for sure kojima was being coy, awww man
>>
I'm slightly concerned at how Japan-orientated Smash is.

Let's look at Smash Run
It's one of the main selling points of the 3DS version, but there is no online play, only local play. This is okay in Japan since nearly everyone has a 3DS and people are always in close quarters to another 3DS (just compare the streetpasses).

Whereas in other countries, you'd actually need to be travel/drive to play smash run with your friends.

And look at the roster, there is some pandering towards Japan. (Little Mac is just one character). Sakurai was also mentioned to be "reluctant" to speak with Western Devs, which include Retro Stuidos, who are partially responsible for Metriod and DK being popular in the West.

They need to think about the West while making this game, as the sales prove that Smash sells better in the West than Japan, and arguably has a bigger following.
>>
It's been fun /ssbg/
We hyped together, we laughed together, and in the end we all cried together - for either tears of joy or sadness...

Smash has been the only game I really cared about, I've spent so much of my childhood playing 64/melee, and then into PM when my friends and I discovered it. Smash 4 kept me on the edge of my seat, and I would almost always go on here to see if there were any new developments or leaks, but now that time has come to an end. It's over now and the final roster is out, the hype is over.

I'm done /ssbg/, I had hope in this roster - I wanted to LOVE my favorite company - but Nintendo really changed. I don't feel any sadness or anger, just disappointment now, and my inner self telling me to move on.

Thanks /ssbg/, you guys were cool.
I should go for a run, maybe read a book... I hear Echopraxia is a good novel...
Take care friends, and have fun smashing it up!
>>
>>79911865
Palutena vs. Hylia goddess fight when?
>>
File: 42273107.jpg (35 KB, 964x768) Image search: [Google]
42273107.jpg
35 KB, 964x768
How many of you assholes are sticking around for the next 2+ months in hopes of good Wii U news?
>>
R.O.B. CRASHING THIS ROSTER

WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
I don't give a fuck about I'm a meme man
This is supposed to be nintendo allstars battle roy6ale
not some third party and KI;U wank off
>>
>>79911671
But the PS2 MK games are shit. And DBZ shit don't count.
>>
>>79911683
because kojima wanted snake in without giving nintendo MGS games, that fucker got cut for good.
>>
>>79911893
...Kill...Yourself as a sacrifice so Ivysaur gets back in
>>
>>79911892
Stop fucking posting this.

Nintendo is a Japanese company who's primary demographic is Japan. This is not fucking news.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n6t5yg01Xh1sd1kwp.png (161 KB, 368x236) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n6t5yg01Xh1sd1kwp.png
161 KB, 368x236
>the fucking 3ds-exclusive mode is local only

Why fucking bother with the 3DS version then?
I'm buttsad as hell over this.
>>
>>79911889
>ELO
yeah grandpa
>>
Shulk can see into the future, and is a character who was predicted in many rumored leaks for a good portion of Wii U/3DS's development time, and that includes a major one from a few days before his reveal. Nobody was really surprised when he was added to the roster, because you could say... that everyone saw it coming.
>>
>>79911982
STAGE BUILDER 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

CUSTOM MUSIC

PROBABLY MORE SMASH LORE IN SOME STORY MODE

THE PARTY IS NOT OVER
but yeah it's pretty much over
>>
>>79911982
I'll come back when it's out in the US so I can play with you guys.
>>
File: consider_the_following2.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following2.gif
2 MB, 416x320
About the journalist who says characters like Ridley and Mewtwo might be in the game.

What if the models they saw are actually scrapped characters?
>>
>>79912106
You could say that people were just feeling it.
>>
if there's DLC there has to be 0 third parties in them.
>>
File: kojima.png (38 KB, 484x199) Image search: [Google]
kojima.png
38 KB, 484x199
>>
>>79911892
A Japanese game made by Japanese developers for a Japanese audience. We'll never see a game out of Nintendo aimed specifically at America/Europe/Australia. That shit will never happen.

Hell, even games that were originally thought to be aimed at the west turned out to be aimed at the Japanese the whole time.
>>
File: 33465235.png (395 KB, 536x323) Image search: [Google]
33465235.png
395 KB, 536x323
>tfw Isaac
>>
>>79912054
if we have a wii u release date announced before smash 3ds i think i'm just gonna pass on th elatter.
>>
Sakurai POTD after americunt 3ds release says there will be dlc

how do you react
>>
>>79911962
You could pit Palutena against Zelda and that's the closest you'll get.

Anyways, why do Robin's weapons break? Simple, they use weapons that have limited uses. They just use regular swords and tomes which break after a certain amount of use, meanwhile the other FE characters use the legendary weapons that cannot be broken in their games (Ike's Ragnell is unbreakable in his games, but can be broken in Awakening, meanwhile both Falchions are unbreakable)
>>
Why the fuck do Kirby, FE and KI get more characters than DK?
>>
File: He-Man1.png (328 KB, 575x474) Image search: [Google]
He-Man1.png
328 KB, 575x474
>implying you won't be bored of any gimmicky mode that isn't VS in a few months anyway

I don't know why Nintendo still can't into online, though.
>>
>>79912367
I wake up
>>
>>79911497
>Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUaJmum_XWs
Yeah nigga that is my shit
>>
>>79911786
Clearly Sakurai didn't, as he cut all mention of the game with nothing more than a laugh
>>
>>79912398
Japan (and Sakurai) doesn't like DK as much as us, really.
>>
So when's the demo coming out?
>>
>>79912367
mad if it's cut character not mad if it's new content
>>
>>79912150
It's literally fucking over for the 3ds version, the game will set a lot bit it will be completely shit compared to the Wii U version, it's time we move on.
>>
The trailer that introduced the Mii Fighters in Wii U/3DS features Reggie Fils Amie and Satoru Iwata fighting each other. Remember when Reggie said his body was ready? He was not bullshitting anyone.
>>
>>79912420
naw man naw, i could play that shit all day online, but i dunno how much enjoyment i'd get out of cpu games and it'll be hard to find people to play with around my area.
>>
>>79912231
Mercedes-Benz is a third party, technically.
>>
File: file.png (99 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
99 KB, 400x300
>>
Anons...
I'm sorry it turned out like this.
I'm really happy you could be with me just before the end...
Thanks...
Dad, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you.
I'm going to where Mom is now...
Anon...
I hope we meet again someday...
Bye...
Thank you...
I'm sorry...
I'm sure we'll meet again...
Lucas gave his final breath.
>>
>Played Smash 64 as a kid, loved the hell out of it.
>Loved all the characters.

>Played Melee, loved the hell out of it.
>Loved all the characters.

>Played Brawl, loved the hell out of it, but was a bit disappointed.
>Loved most of the characters, but questioned some of the choices.

>Discovered 4chan a few years ago.
>Started coming here.
>See people making Smash threads about how bullshit the rosters have been.
>Start to see things from a different perspective.

Thanks to the internet, I can never again genuinely enjoy a Smash game without thinking or caring about the roster and who I get to play as and who I don't get to play as.
>>
>>79912634
Epic!
>>
>>79912634
fuck off
>>
File: 36825503_p0.jpg (65 KB, 382x408) Image search: [Google]
36825503_p0.jpg
65 KB, 382x408
>>79912305
BELIEVE

He might be an AT in the Wii U version at the very least...
>>
File: s.jpg (8 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
8 KB, 199x253
Super Smash Bros 4, huh?
>>
>>79912616
Mercedes confirmed.

>>79912634
>maymay generator
>>
>Getting upset over a video game
>>
WHY DID I KEEP UP WITH THE LEAKS THIS TIME AROUND

IT RUINED MY HYPE

IM GONNA KILL MYSELF
>>
>>79912717
Bad news anon

Sakurai confirmed that the 3DS and Wii U will have the same ATs and Pokeballs
>>
>>79912420
Most 3DS modes will be for play on the run or whatever. Is not something you'll be most likely playing 24/7 when online is an option in a wi-fi filled planet.
>>
>>79912675
Honestly, you'll grow out of 4chan some day. And then you'll only come over every so often for news or reactions.
>>
>>79912717
Do the versions have different ATs? I thought they shared the same ATs, but I guess I can't say I know for sure either way.
>>
>>79912639
>I Actually said this on the Lucas SSB4 Thread on Smashboards

http://smashboards.com/threads/lucas.324185/page-25
>>
>>79912616
>Another commercial DLC
>Ronald McDonald enters the battle!
>>
>I thought K Rool would even show up
>I thought the Ridleyfags would actually win
>I thought Ice Climbers and Lucas were a shoe in
>I thought for sure Dixie would be in
>I thought Dark Pit was an alt and that Sakurai would never add him in as an actual character
>I thought it'd be fun
>But in the end
>The fun died long ago
>>
Bowser Jr. and the seven Koopalings all share the same character slot. After all, they all share the same clown car too, so all it would take is knowledge of how to operate it. All eight of them have appeared in their home series either in their own clown car or a clown car operated together.
>>
>>79912675
>most of the kids crying probably didn't know who most of Melee's roster was when they first played it
>>
I have some questions to anybody here who's actually in grorious nippon and has the game (or has at least been following the streams).
>Does Ganondorf have any decent custom moves? I hear he's faster, which is cool, and it'd be nice if he could get magic tennis balls and hovering and shockwaves instead of just STRONG PUNCH or FAST PUNCH.
>I hear Wario's been revamped. Anybody want to explain how?
>Is Falco's FS still Landmaster? I'd be fine if it was even a clone of ZSS's just with an Arwing instead. Also, is he unlocked from 100-man kerfuffle?
>What's Dr Mario's down B?
Anyway in the meantime I'll be bracing for DLC. Won't be buying the game unless Ice Climbers get in in some form, I don't even play them but cutting them flat-out instead of making them work in some way reeks of being a cop-out. And yes, I'm still bitter about Dark Pit when two other clones could have just basically been ported as-is.
>>
>>79912786
where do yu think we are
>>
>>79912675
i thought brawl had a near perfect roster, but i never had any attachment to mewtwo. love villager, little mac, and the third parties in the new one, but i don't feel attached to the characters as much. probably just getting old and crotchety and not playing as many games as i used to.
>>
In the end, Gematsu cultists got raped after all
>>
>>79911786
My game fucked up after the Mecha Bas(?) fight. I can't walk 4 steps away from where fight was without the game resetting
>>
When Rosalina gets KO'd and either hits the screen or flies into the sky, would you say she's... star-struck?
>>
The top ten most wanted characters of Smashboards (with 3rd parties)

Ridley
King K. Rool
Banjo Kazooie
Isaac
Professor Layton
Bomberman
Anna
Bandanna Dee
Sami
Andy

The top ten most wanted characters of Smashboards (without 3rd parties)

Ridley
King K. Rool
Isaac
Anna
Bandanna Dee
Sami
Andy
Vaati
Lip
Paper Mario
>>
>>79907985
>>79908002
>>79910289
>>79911378

you guys need to see these posts from the previous thread. this is serious shit, smash run 3ds has no online and sakurai is being deliberately deceptive with his customers. people are going to buy the game and feel cheated because sakurai left out info on purpose.
>>
>>79912918
>>Is Falco's FS still Landmaster? I'd be fine if it was even a clone of ZSS's just with an Arwing instead. Also, is he unlocked from 100-man kerfuffle?
Yes, Landmaster. And no, I think Wario is the 100 man unlock

>>What's Dr Mario's down B?
The Mario Tornado from Melee
>>
>ridley is a stage boss
>its shitty other m design

god kill me
>>
>thinking the Chorus Fucks were in because of some random Frenchie
HAHAHA GET FUCKED CHORUS FAGS
YOUR FAGGY TRIO WILL NEVER EVER BE IN
>>
>the Wii U version will be way better than the 3DS one

>the 3DS version will sell more anyway

>"We decided that, starting with Smash 5, every SSB game will be handheld-only"

You all know this will happen.
>>
File: 1378574868942.png (49 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1378574868942.png
49 KB, 633x758
>I literally have no friends who have 3DS's
>smash run is worthless to me

I was so hyped too. Now I doubt I'll even get the 3DS version.
>>
>>79912387
I think an explanation for the Ragnell being breakable in awakening is because it's not the same universe/dimension where it was magically(?) strengthened.

Or it could also be that it's been hundreds of years since it was forged?
>>
>>79913065
The fact that Sakurai never mentionned Smash Run to be online was clear enough for me, I don't know why anyone would delude themselves into thinking they were gonna play Smash Run online.
>>
File: 1409261140814.jpg (87 KB, 820x764) Image search: [Google]
1409261140814.jpg
87 KB, 820x764
>Nintendo Wii U final direct before Jap Wii U release
>"Some time ago, we said that both the Nintedno 3DS and Wii U version of Super Smash Brothers would contain the same roster. We know many of you have seen and unlocked the full roster already on the 3DS. Today, we would like to announce that the release of the Wii U version will come with MORE unlockable newcomers, with the 3DS version receiving an update on the same day!"
>"We will not spoil how many newcomers there will be, but we WILL show you one of them right now!"
>SWOOSH SWOOSH, SHINK
>Reveal plays, shows a scenario in which ZSS is exploring the Pyrosphere, then stops and looks around
>Snake shouts "kept you waiting, huh?" and jumps out to strike behind her similar to Shulk's reveal
>Suddenly he's grabbed in mid-air and thrown off the field, Ridley swoops down in front of Samus and lets out a ferocious roar
>RIDLEY STEALS THE SHOW
>yfw
>>
>>79912914
>Knowig who Marth or Roy is before Melee
fuck off otaku fatass
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnkj4-WL6is
>>
>>79913089
Nintendo cut the Primes out of Metroid canon to fit in Other M

You better believe it's Other M design
>>
>>79913098
Can we focus on making fun of these fags instead of crying?
>>
Thank fuck I didn't impulse by a 3DS for smash

The Wii U on the other hand...
>>
>>79913137
If it ends up being handheld-only, Smash is a dead franchise for me.
>>
File: 640px-SSB4_whiteboard[1].jpg (71 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
640px-SSB4_whiteboard[1].jpg
71 KB, 640x368
DID PEOPLE EVER DOUBT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS FUCKING IMAGE
>>
Will you be buying the 3DS version of Smash 4?

strawpoll.me/2545478
>>
>>79913201
Try again.
>>
>>79913201
It's over man. Give us at least a few days to mourn before we get back to having irrational hope.
>>
>>79913161
Both explanations make sense, especially considering you can find multiple in the Infinite Regalia map, and though Priam comes with one, likely the same one that was passed down from Ike, it's likely lost its blessing and has a lot of wear and tear over the years.

Interesting thing to note though is that Priam's is unbreakable when you fight him, but when you recruit him, he has the regular, breakable one.
>>
>>79913290
Maybe. On release? No way. The best part about Smash is the sale going on right now, I'm getting DKCR and Kirby.
>>
>>79913215
>There is still Project M
Yes, stay on your containment game so we can play the new Smash in peace.
>>
File: luigicontemplatessuicide.jpg (15 KB, 479x360) Image search: [Google]
luigicontemplatessuicide.jpg
15 KB, 479x360
>Live in poor town
>only other person I know of with a 3DS is my brother
>he's shit at video games
>we're both getting Smash

T-thanks Sakurai. Cutting modes for more on-the-go stuff is great! I didn't want Target Test or anything anyway.
>>
>>79913201
Fuck you, I want Snake and Ridley.
>>
>>79913205
I said "most", not "two", dumbass.

>calling people "otaku" on an English website
Fuck off, weeaboo fatass.
>>
>>79913201
>we may not see a smash trailer intro for a long time or ever

oh fuck
>>
Wait a fucking second. Wasn't it said in the smash direct that smash run was online? Or am I just fucking stupid?
>>
File: char_64189.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_64189.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
Hey.
>>
>YFW when ridley is confirmed, ends up being a charizard clone
>YFW when isaac is confirmed, they turn him into generic animu sordsmin
>YFW when Krool is confirmed, they turn him into bowser clone
>YFW when Dixie is in, just a diddy semi-clone.
>>
>>79913281
>an image which shows characters that would obviously be in Smash
Why the fuck would we even bother discussing it?
>>
Nintendo can still throw the ultimate curve ball and reveal a character we haven't seen today during the Treehouse
>>
>>79913281
I actually believed in it
>>
File: leak70.png (309 KB, 695x385) Image search: [Google]
leak70.png
309 KB, 695x385
Dr. Donkey Kong Hype DLC.
>>
Dark Pit. Here to crash my party?
>>
>>79913441
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
Has someone already made a list with the smash run bosses?
>>
friendly reminder dixie got ntr'd by samus
>>
I just realised something

>No more newcomer vids
>>
>>79913458
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA
>>
Hey, guys. When will they release a new Smash Bros?

Like, I realize that the Wii underperformed, but Melee was probably the best title for the Gamecube, and the series totally deserves a third game after 13 years, don't you think?
>>
>>79913414
I thought it said that too, but it was probably just my wishful thinking misinterpreting vague langauge.
>>
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO, A LIST:

INTRO TO WII U
WII U MODES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN EXPLAINED OR REVEALED
WII U TROPHIES
WII U ITEMS (are they diff?)
WII U STAGES
>>
>>79913375
How much is Awakening? 29.99? Is that the sale price, or the pre-sale price?
>>
>>79911786
Doesn't Japan hate Mother 3?
>>
>>79913414
You're just fucking stupid
>>
>>79913441
Fuck Off, you ruined my dreams
>>
>>79913475
dark donkey dlc day one
>>
>>79913576
dark pit will get his own trailer
>>
>>79913441
FUCK UUUUU
>>
>>79913562
are there any? videos?
>>
File: Isaac_Brawl.png (103 KB, 286x302) Image search: [Google]
Isaac_Brawl.png
103 KB, 286x302
>>79912717
Of all the AT's to be removed, Isaac really makes little to no sense. There are tons of significantly more obscure characters that still have retained their AT status since Brawl, while Isaac is a character who's decently requested as a playable character and has even had a new game, post-Brawl. He definitely deserves to at least be an AT. If he's actually been demoted to plain trophy/sticker status, I'll be extremely surprised.
>>
File: 1374796030634.png (117 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1374796030634.png
117 KB, 444x440
Can someone please post the duck hunt dog version of this? Thank you
>>
>>79913489
Uh-huh.
>>
>>79913441
> this guy replaced your favorite character
>>
The only character who doesn't get hit in the Mii Fighters' debut trailer is the Wii Fit Trainer, who dodges all of their attacks. In the Wii Fit series, the Trainers were, well, your trainers, and Miis are often used as avatars for the player. Basically, it's the student against the master, and the master is winning.

Interestingly, Mii Fighters lack an actual franchise symbol of their own, instead using the Smash Bros. symbol, which is usually reserved for either Smash Bros. original content or series that lack either a stage or playable character. Even more strangely, stages from games that star Miis are already in the game and have their own unique symbols, so the decision not to use them must have been quite deliberate. Furthermore, all three of their available movesets are totally original, deriving mere concepts at best from the games that focus around them. Altogether, this seems like a rather unusual way to choose to represent Miis in Smash Bros., but if you look at it in terms of the original concept of Miis as all-purpose Digital Avatars and not as actual characters, it actually all comes together perfectly. Instead of drawing from their past appearances, they're adapting to the game that they're in at the moment, which is exactly what they've done in every other game they've appeared in since their conception. It's actually the best possible way to represent them and what they are in Smash Bros.
This came back for a second helping of fridge brilliance after the enemies in the Multi Man Melee modes of Wii U/3DS were revealed. Remember Polygons? Wireframes? Alloys? This time, the Mii Fighters are your antagonists, which makes a lot of sense given all the variety in costumes, faces, and fighting styles available for them.
>>
>>79913414
Never. It was just stated to be multiplayer. People just assumed it would be.
>>
>>79913620
39.99 standard price, 29.99 right now.
>>
File: blackpit.jpg (60 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
blackpit.jpg
60 KB, 640x400
>>79913441
Do we at least know his differences from Pit yet?
>>
>>79913137
anything on the 3DS sells better because there's a fuckton out there, if every user with a Wii U getws smash it still won't even come close to 3DS sales, on nintendo they know this that's why both versions are getting released with delay, after the first weeks when everyone gets the 3DS version they will reveal all the Wii U shit so they have to buy the game again.
>>
>>79913445
>Implying they aren't already doing that for when they announce the inevitable DLC
>>
>>79913702
>miis and wii fit
literally who cares about "neo-nintendo" garbage
>>
>>79913613
Items are the same in both games. Says so on the official site.
>>
>>79913441
I hate you
>>
>yfw it turns out Dark Pit actually just entered the roster on his own and to be a dick to everyone
>because that's who he is, and wants to laugh at us all
>>
Out of my top five most wanted, one made it in and is pretty hype to boot
Better than most people so I don't think I can complain

Also, my favourites from previous games return so I'm kinda hype
>>
>>79913770
final smash
side b hits different
all i got
>>
>>79913610
>>79913631
>>79913712

Motherfucker. I was pretty hype for that too.
>>
>>79913414
Minor assumption. I don't think it'd be very worth it to do online. Can you interact with the other players before the final bout? And the actual match is very fucking short to begin with. It'd be like getting into a Mario Kart lobby to play one race.
>>
>>79913770
Only thing I've seen were slow, bulging purple arrows instead of pewpew blue ones. Didn't pay much attention so there may be more changes.
>>
Is this the worst September 11th in history?
>>
>>79913790
>neo
>>>/v/
>>
>>79913780
i don't want to believe
>>
>>79913281
What about this image?
>>
>>79913712
this. it's a prime case of people setting themselves up for disappointment.

just like the final fi- i mean, final four
>>
What if Ridley were a Bowser clone with a different up B?
>>
Instead of just deconfirming Ridley and getting it over with, Sakurai deliberately teased him but ultimately never showed him before release.

That's just fucking disengenuous. I'm not even a Ridleyfag.
>>
Any active streams right now?
Or collections of videos?
>>
>>79913770
Silver Bow instead of Palutena Bow, and it fires shots more akin to the Darkness Bow.
Electroshock Arm instead of Upperdash Arm
Wings glow purple during his recovery
Gets a new final smash that I don't think anyone's actually seen yet
Gets his own victory theme

new sandbag/10
>>
>>79913770
Apparently he's a bit slower, arrows behave a bit differently, FS is different, and his side+b hits differently (multi-hits knocking in a different direction than pit). He's a melee style clone, essentially.
>>
>Jill isn't a AT anymore
>Niether is Isaac

Drill Dozer and Golden Sun were great. Fuck you Sakurai.

At least Barbara's still in
>>
What if Dark Pit is top tier?
>>
>>79913939
don't act like you couldn't see nintendo's casual-pandering with player avatar characters and the balance board before the current decade even started
>>
SO /SSBG/, YOUR MAINS, SECONDARIES, AND PUNCHING BAGS ?
>>
>yfw Waluigi can finally fight people in Smash by sneaking in as a Mii
>yfw Waluigi vs. Wario battle
>>
File: incredible.png (127 KB, 269x204) Image search: [Google]
incredible.png
127 KB, 269x204
Literally incredible.
>>
>>79914009
>implying Sakurai is even aware of your meme character's internet bandwagon
>>
Anyone how long it will take until the music gets ripped?
>>
>>79914009
He did it because fucking with people is fun. He's the man who added Dark Pit over Lucas, Wolf and the fucking Ice Climbers, for Christ's sake.
>>
>>79913929
even if the interaction is nil, it's way better to play with people than against cpu.
>>
What if Ridley was playable, and he played as a cross between Bowser and Charizard?
What if Mewtwo was back, and had its X Mega Evolution?
What if the Ice Climbers were back?
What if Lucas was back?
What if Snake was back?
What if
>>
Dear Nintendo:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY ****ING GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.
>>
File: 1269625176830.gif (788 KB, 144x216) Image search: [Google]
1269625176830.gif
788 KB, 144x216
>Wario still has his overalls and got better, more fluid animations this time
>and his crap f-smash in Brawl is now a back-handed punch instead of an insult to Wario Land's shoulder bash
I don't know about you guys, but it's a good day to be a Wario main.
>>
Reminder that Sm4sh confirms Custom Robo and Golden Sun are kill
>>
>>79914103
aww~
>>
>>79914103
That's probably the best way to make a Mii hat
>>
>>79913065
>Implying Sakurai decides what info gets released

I'm pretty sure that's more under control of a marketing department, and Sakurai is rather just used as a public figure. I think he doesn't even decide what to upload for PotD
>>
>>79914147
isn't dick poot supposed to be popular in japan?
>>
>>79914091
Main: Villager
Secondary: Toon Link if he isn't nerfed
Punching Bag: Dark Pit
>>
>>
>>79913730

DLC isn't discounted.

The NSMB2 DLC wasn't discounted last week, either
>>
>>79914091
Main: Robin
Secondaries: Shulk, Kirby, Mega Man
Punching Bags: Sandbag
>>
>>79914084
>Hey You Pikachu!
>>
who getting gud with level 1 dark pits when the game comes out?
>>
>>79914103
>Doesn't actually cover Kirby's face
Fuck that's a missed opportunity
>>
>>79914126

You know he is.

If he wasn't, he would have just deconfirmed him in that one direct instead of just showing his shadow.
>>
>>79913770
Seems to me like he'll basically be the Falco of Pit. Meaning that he'll have slower attacks, projectiles, and movement, but he'll hit harder.
>>
>Here is the next leak and even though we have seen the confirmation screen that all characters are unlocked in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, those holding out hope might want to read this.

>I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he’s still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

>Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I’m taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we’re talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

>Again, I swear on my soul that I’m not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

>A moderator on Smashboards says something similar about these 4 characters being playable. Again this is rumor but there seems to be multiple sources but it could be another forbidden 7 thing where they were worked on but never finalized.

HOLY SHIT GUYS IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>79914175
I wouldn't say it's as anally-destroying as F-Zero GX was.

Well, other than what seems to be Master Core at 9.9 intensity. That shit is intense, m8.
>>
>>79914183
Any other moves changed?
>>
So what's your favourite Kirby hat?
I'm coining between Robin and Shulk by cutesy voices alone.
>>
>>79914050
Uh, mistake anon. Jill was spotted on the Invitational. I know because the commenters mistakenly confused her for a robot
>>
>>79914298
has neither of the things I mentioned

did you misquote?
>>
>>79914170
what if ganondorf was actually a punchmage?
what if zelda got a newcomer after melee?
>>
File: this pleases wario.png (116 KB, 245x247) Image search: [Google]
this pleases wario.png
116 KB, 245x247
>>79914183
>>Wario still has his overalls and got better, more fluid animations this time
>>
>>79914091
Main: Palutena
Secondary: Sonic, Sheik
Punchbag: Lucina
>>
>>79913968
Look into your heart, anon.

They've done DLC for Fire Emblem, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors.

They're going to release DLC for Smash and offer you veterans as well as newcomers, and you're going to buy it because they're going to offer characters you want.
>>
>>79914331
Lip, fuck off
We didn't forget your autistic speech the other day
>>
>>79914267
>implying he didn't fight Roll in MvC

>>79914319
Sure.
>>
If Nintendo were smart they'd release some characters as free DLC upon the Wii U release. Keep the hype up with characters but people apparently don't give a shit about anything else.
>>
>>79914091
Main: Meta Knight, because fuck you.
Secondary: Dark Pit, because fuck you he actually looks like he might play differently.
Punching Bag: Lucina, because even I have standards.
>>
>>79914032
Anyone?
I need to know the unlockable stages.
>>
Anyone have a pic of all of Duck Hunt's alts?
>>
File: 1409727201574.png (888 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1409727201574.png
888 KB, 1080x1920
>>79914253
>japan in charge of having taste
>>
>>79914479
IT'S OGRE, NAON
>>
>>79914091
>Main : Kirby
>Secondary : Mii's
>Punching Bags : Dark Pit and Dr. Mario
>>
File: waluigi.jpg (72 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
waluigi.jpg
72 KB, 480x480
>>79914095
Looks like shiit though

>>79914360
Robin
>>
>>79914489
>Secondary: Dark Pit, because fuck you he actually looks like he might play differently.
>Punching Bag: Lucina, because even I have standards.
funny joke lol
>>
How was ROB unlocked?
>>
>>79914183
yeah surprisingly went better than expected
>>
>>79914582
X amount of VS battles
>>
>>79914582
70 vs Matches
>>
>>79914267
>why are we fighting little girls?
you mean all one of them?
>>
>>79914390
It's a fucking casual game with a gimmick peripheral. It's the same kind of shit.
>>
>mew2king
>autism

pick two

fb.me/6K2cUpJe9
>>
>>79914091
Ganondorf
Mac
whatever training mode gives me
>>
>>79914520
just sayin they clearly hold preference to za homurand than to us. theyre playing favorites
>>
US ESHOP DEMO
PLEAASE
>>
>Mario has Waluigi color
>Weegee has Waluigi color
>you can make a Waluigi Mii
>Waluigi AT

Is it finally Waluigi Time?
>>
>>79913659
it was on the twitch stream but i havent seen a reupload of it yet. all i have is this
>>
>>79914570
Yeah, he's a clone, but his moves appear to work differently from regular Pit. Arrows are bigger but slower, side B works differently, and the custom moves might end up being drastically different

Lucina is literally Marth.
>>
are there any permanent videos of dark pit from the stream

I want to see just how shameless he really is
>>
File: shook.png (192 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shook.png
192 KB, 300x300
>there are people on /ssbg/ who aren't feeling it
>>
>TFW WE PROBABLY HAVE 4 MORE MONTHS OF WAITING FOR WII U VERSION ADN WE KNOW ALL THE FUCKING CHARACTERS

MY HYPE IS DEAD ALREADY, GOD DAMMIT.
>>
Sakurai is a pretty big ruse-master
>Mewtwo: "Oh, let's mess with Greninja's trailer model to trick people into thinking he's coming back! And let's bring that Pokemon back that everyone thinks replaced him in Brawl too!"

>Ridley: "They're the most tormented support base? Let's screw with them even more by leading them on for over a year and then pull out the rug from under them at the last moment!"

>King K. Rool: "Let's see, this guy's the most wanted 1st party newcomer worldwide? Well I'll put his troops in a 3DS exclusive mode, throw in a stage from Melee, aaaaannnddd that's enough for the DK franchise. Now how about all that KI content I was working on?"
>>
>>79914810
What anime is that character from
>>
>>79914634

I think he means the Miis they fight in the trailer
>>
>>79914810
I felt it all day, anon.
>>
>>79914764
There are no differences between Marth and Lucina?
>>
File: 1409812416082.gif (1 MB, 160x107) Image search: [Google]
1409812416082.gif
1 MB, 160x107
>>79914183
>Still has shitty motorcycle side-B
>Didn't take the glorious side-B shoulder-bash from Project M like he did with the DKC roll.
>>
>>79914863
Loony Toons.
>>
File: 1311298507258.jpg (46 KB, 174x222) Image search: [Google]
1311298507258.jpg
46 KB, 174x222
>>79914710
>be sure to check back thursday at 9 am Pacific time

ooh lawd
>>
File: rip ice climbers final.jpg (288 KB, 476x835) Image search: [Google]
rip ice climbers final.jpg
288 KB, 476x835
I'll never be not sad about the events of today.
>>
>>79914756
whoops replied to the wrong post
>>
>>79914810
is that a texture pack?
>>
How long until the videos/direct/ect. begins?

I need to git comfy for when they happen.
>>
File: smashbros4.jpg (200 KB, 666x768) Image search: [Google]
smashbros4.jpg
200 KB, 666x768
Reminder
>>
File: 1371845209962.gif (2 MB, 272x204) Image search: [Google]
1371845209962.gif
2 MB, 272x204
>>79914858
>Ridley: "They're the most tormented support base? Let's screw with them even more by leading them on for over a year and then pull out the rug from under them at the last moment!"

Sakurai so funny.
>>
>>79914849
not being interested in the 3DS version at all only makes it worse, too
>>
we'll never have roll's theme on smash
>>
>>79914915
relax, it might still be one of his alternate side-b attacks.
>>
>>79914863
What anime is Link from?
>>
>>79914613
>>79914629
I want to unlock him first.

Will I get other characters before him?
>>
>>79914913
She's basically a complete copy-paste; the only difference is she lacks the tip mechanic of Marth.

So she's Marth except more boring.
>>
>>79912064
ELO are good though
>>
>>79911740
as far as we know, the unlockable stages are the ones that come with the characters you unlock on the 3DS. We don't know about the wii U version though
>>
>people thinking smash run would be onlien

literally more delusional than ridleyfags
>>
Master Core hype? I shat bricks when he first appeared in ths treams.
>>
has black guile made a statement yet?
>>
>>79914756
So it's Zelda's final smash basically?
>>
>>79915152
Master Core is pretty damn hype.

Did anyone beat him on 9.0?
>>
>>79915008
They never "led you on", dumbass. He was clearly announced as a boss. This is nobody's fault but your own.
>>
>>79915064
the legend of zelda ova you retard
>>
I wanna make a smash /v/eekend picture, any suggestions?

It'll probably be four /v/-tans dressed as Mario, Palutena, Megaman and some fourth character all trying to grab the smash ball.

this game has the best roster by the way
>>
Does anyone have pics of all of the alt costumes? i've been at college all day and i haven't been able to check the stream at all.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 131

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.