[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/evog/ - Evolve General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117
File: CJbTzqZUEAE3mPT.jpg (78 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
CJbTzqZUEAE3mPT.jpg
78 KB, 600x851
Best Girl Edition

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
http://evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.

Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.
>>
>>147903343

>Those broken as fuck movesets on some monsters
>Goliath can 180° his rock throw at the last second, preventing people from dodging it
>Wraith can literally kill someone in front of everyone else and there's nothing you can do about it even if your Medic and Support are pouring and popping their abiltiies
>Gorgon has a memetically OP acid spit that will nigger everyone unless your Medic keeps everyone tapped 24/7

What the fuck were the devs thinking

The new gameplay is getting more and more terrible, this game was about hunting, not cawadoody. A Phase 1 shouldn't be able to total a team that is bunched together
>>
Okay guys time to shitpost your favorites

>Favorite Monster
Gorgon
>Favorite Hunter
Lazarus
>Most Hated Monster
Kraken
>Most Hated Hunter
Abe
>>
>People who still just run after the tracks in a big ball after drop

Please, please, please stop this. You will never catch a competent monster if you're just sprinting after him in a big ball. 2 and 2, please. 2 to hound and 2 to cut off.
>>
File: Kraken is balanced.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Kraken is balanced.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>147903786
Perks were a big mistake
>>
For those that have played her/played with her, he is Kala?
>>
>>147903343
Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve
>>
>>147903576
>Phase 1 shouldn't be able to total a team that is bunched together

>90% of monster abilities are AoE
>BOY WHY R WE DYING

retard
>>
just lost vs an ai monster.
>>
>>147903836
I meant to type how, fuck I'm tired.
>>
>>147903596
Why do you hate anything?

Every monster/hunter is viable and fulfills niche roles
>>
>>147903902

>Being together means we're licking eachother's ass

We're literally surrounding the monster from a distance and he can still pull meme combos that wound everyone
>>
>>147903786
lol I'm going to do this every single game until it's nerfed
>>
>>147904154
No one is going to nerf the monsters. In fact, they may very well boost them!
It is a challenging game.
>>
why didn't evolve just do what overwatch did?
>>
>>147904756

>Challenging game

Getting memed by a Stage 1 monster isn't challenging, it's downright insulting to the intelligence of anyone who knows how to play the game

Stage 1s are supposed to be UP so the hunters have a chance to get early damage in. If Stage 1s can massacre people in an arena, the only tactic left is literally running the clock
>>
>>147904031
Like what?

Goliath fire, kraken laser, and gorgons spit are the only things that could deal damage to everybody if youre all spread out.

The only person that should be anywhere near the monster is the assault and sometimes the trapper. Everybody else should be very far away
>>
Emet talks like a fucking Gearbox character.
>>
>>147905252
>Abe sounds and looks like he'd be a smooth cowboy type
>FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKING MOTHERFUCKER, YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG MOTHERFUCKERS, MOTHERFUCKER

What in the hell?
>>
Man, this game is fun as fuck.
I like playing Assault.

Any tips for general perks?
>>
Please people, start using Kala or Sunny.

Kala's armor breaker is extremely good with Lennox. You can literally shred half a monsters HP early into a fight and make them panic. Her teleporter also works gr8 with Laz. Set it to go outside the dome and he can be safe.
>>
>just lost to an AI monster because the medic literally could not dodge at all and the support just didn't shield them at any point

fun times ahead
>>
>>147905580
I don't know who the fuck these people are, i can only try out markov and gloaith why would i waste keys on something i can't test?
>>
>>147905580
Sunny is hot garbage
>>
>>147905593
The AI monster is either obscenely stupid or does things even really good monsters can't manage. If they don't go full retard they can combo fucking flawlessly and 100-0 your ass.
Or they can stand there and do nothing until they die or randomly switch focus for no reason or get caught in a loop of trying to catch someone going up and down a cliff.
>>
>>147905408
He also sounds like a Nolan North knockoff.
>>
How do I beat Wraith? I have 5.2k keys and am open to suggestions, the only character I currently own is Crow. I'm also open to playing any role.
>>
>Assaults that only use their secondary weapon

WAKE ME UP
>>
Why are both sides so spongey, like they both have way too much health.
>>
>>147903786
What perks? Or can I just meme away with 3 vortex 1 mine?
>>
>>147906053
Monster has a ton of health because he's a huge fucking monster
Hunters have a ton of health because you're letting the medic and support heal and shield constantly, they die fast as shit if you have good target selection and don't get outplayed
>>
>>147903786
>monsters now can't hide
>monsters have to be made less shit at stage 1 because of this
>this happens
>people will defend this
>>
>>147906554
Meh, better than playing ring around the rosies trying to find them.
>>
>>147906662
I disagree, I enjoyed hunting, and being hunted Now it's more like a race
>>
File: 058.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
058.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
Want to play medic but the monster always go for my ass no matter how much I try to get away. I try to stand a bit out of sight but my team always run into a damn corner where I can't reach them unless I am right beside them.
>>
>>147903786
are there damage perks?
>>
can someone explain the prices to me?
they seem erratic
>>
>>147906731
yes, chasing a wraith for half an hour was the best fun I ever had in a video game
>>
how do we fix bucket?
>>
>>147906926
Try being less shit
>>
>>147906802
play lazarus
>>
File: 1465509643469.jpg (140 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1465509643469.jpg
140 KB, 450x450
BUFF BEHEMOTH HIS FUCKING ROCK WALL IS GARBAGE HIS FUCKING SKILLS ALL TAKE HOURS TO SPIT OUT HE HAS A HUGE WEAK SPOT FUCKING FIX HIM
>>
how do i not get fucked as the monster?
>>
>>147906926
well they fucking nerfed it so it could no longer triple warp out of domes
goliath was always the bigger shit, since most of his abilities also let him zoom across the map
>>
>>147907042
You can't buy him right now you fucking sperg. They're rebalancing him to fit the new fast gameplay.
>>
>>147907083
Drop your brain at the start of the game and just run away for 20 minutes and eat whenever your can, ignore hunters. If you get domed, down one or two then keep running. When you reach stage 3 kill the medic then their team.
Hope you like call of duty.
>>
>>147905408
I'm deeply bothered by that as well.
Even worse, the voice itself doesn't match either.
>>
>>147905593
AI monsters focus the medic so it's not really their fault. Really playing medic vs an AI is pure hell.
>>
Consider the following: Hank is banned.
What support do you pick now?
>>
>>147907254
Which is weird, because the guy who voices him also voices McCree in Overwatch, who is the smooth cowboy stereotype.
>>
>>147907416
Better question:

The game no longer has class restrictions, you can stack any character four times if you wish. Everything buff-related can stack. What is now the optimal team comp?
>>
>>147907210
I don't give a fuck if you can buy him or not. I have him and he does need buffed.
>>
>>147903343
so what perks should i buy for goliath?
ive been getting speed so far

also, im amazed that there isnt a hydra monster in this game. that would be pretty pimp
>>
>>147907497
2 Lennox
Cabot
Rogue val

>Cabot boosts damage
>both Lennox spam the plasma fist
>Rogue val heals everyone
>>
>>147907519
That's what I'm saying you fucking neckbeard cunt, they removed him from the shop because he sucks right now.
>>
>>147907614
>hydra with 4 heads
>would allow 2 people in a party to control him
>one person controls movement and two heads which have 2 CC moves
>the other person controls the two heads that do damage
>each person has 2 abilities
>can't pounce, jump or preform basic attacks
>>
So how do you stop a monster that just kills and eats things while never stopping moving straight across the map and hits Stage 2 before you can even catch him, even though you're just running full tilt at it?

This has happened three times now and I have literally no idea.
>>
>>147907895
oh god that would be amazing
it would be a nice way to let more people play as monster while keeping the asymetical thing
>>
>>147908150
A good team that knows to cut infront of the monster instead of following behind it the entire time.
>>
>>147908150
Stop following him in a 4 person blob like a bunch of complete retards. Split up 2/2, cut him off, predict. THINK, NIGGA. IT'S SO MUCH EASIER NOW, TOO. ONE OF YOU HAS A 20 SECOND COOLDOWN MAPHACK SO EVEN IF YOU FUCK UP ENORMOUSLY AND GET JUKED LIKE COMPLETE MORONS, YOU CAN JUST HIT IT AND GET RIGHT BACK ON TRACK.
IT'S ALSO ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FUCK UP THE DOME NOW. EVERYTHING IS RETARD PROOFED, RETARD. THERE ISN'T EVEN A TYRANT FOR YOUR DUMB ASS TO GET TRAPPED IN WITH.
So basically, use your brain.
>>
>>147908150
you can't run faster than the monster, moron. cut him off. surround him.
>>
>>147908330
>>147908314
>>147908302
You jackasses, I'm not just following it's footprints. On Distillery, or whatever the level is with corrosive acid water, it cut a path around the side in a smallish arc, I immediately cut toward it in the straightest line possible to cut it off. It made it back to the heavily caved area and began evolving just as I got to it.

I'm playing with level 20s, you fucking dips.
>>
>>147908165
Or maybe 2 heads are melee range and the other two are ranged. Each have a CC and a damage ability. Kind of like the two headed ogre from Heroes of the Storm.
>>
>>147908150
open map
look where to make a shortcut
get in front of it
dome
>>
>>147907238
stealth is impossible in this game
>>
how the fuck do i get good with sunny? i throw down my drone and it gets fucking destroyed immediately
>>
>Full game with all players found
>Game still won't load pre-game lobby
>Back out
>Requeue
>Get into game
>Just as we find monster and fight breaks out, kicked back to pre-game lobby hunter selection screen
>Uhh
>Select hunter again and perks
>Game infinitely loading in the lobby
>Leave game
>IF YOU LEAVE, YOU WILL HAVE A DELAY BEFORE YOU CAN PLAY AGAIN
>Leave
>Stuck in a screen that looks like the matchmaking screen, but all black instead of any backgrounds
>Have to alt+f4 to get out

What in the shit is wrong with this game?
>>
>>147908430
Git gud
>>
>>147903786
Holy shit, this game looks terrible.
>>
>>147908685
Yes, that's why you drop your brain and just run and spam charges/leaps and other such abilities you have. The game is just a race, nothing subtle, no depth.
>>
File: marbles-mind-blown-up.gif (1 MB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
marbles-mind-blown-up.gif
1 MB, 500x309
>>147908996
when it came out, all the good monsters would sneak and juke around mountains n shit. seems like they removed most of the mountains for juking. monster could also sand on a hill and use it for an advantage as the hunters tried to climb

why did they remove hills?
>>
>>147909141
Well I mean, why not? It's not like monsters can do anything fancy now that their location is known from the very first second the hunters arrive. Might as well remove useless possibilities. They should remove the birds and the smell too.
>>
>.28 win rate

do i have to play monsters if i wanna start winning?
>>
this game is really frustrating
>>
i played this game in beta way back, did they take out the caves on the ice level or something?

maps feel weird, also level 1 monsters need a nerf.
>>
>>147909859
I only find it frustrating when I get dumb teammates that solo initiate a monster as a support or something along those lines
>>
File: wheela.png (247 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wheela.png
247 KB, 500x375
>mfw Griffin

This nigga is fucking unstoppable or might i say, the monster is fucking stoppable
>>
what's your favorite perk? mine's "0.5% better accuracy" and "0.25% more damage"
>>
>>147910432
Most of them actually seem pretty sizeable, and on top of that the tiers stack. Highest health regen perk for hunters before f2p was only 30/s and the first level of the tier 3 is even more than that. Couldn't you just stack all of them and be pretty much unkillable?
>>
>>147910432
Weapons swap, all of it
>>
>>147910432
17% ability cooldowns for monster is my favorite perk
>>
>sweet i killed 2 of them!
>they respawn in the dropship
>they fly back down and kill me
this is really not fun.

>next match
>any time i try to attack someone they just fly away
>>
>hey lets totally hamstring and remove the most interesting and unique part of our game and just turn it into an arena fighter
why do the maps and domes even exist anymore, they are obsolete and serve no purpose in the game as it is. just spawn everyone inside a little arena and make them fight until someone dies because that's all the game is right now.

congrats TRS, in your efforts to appeal to shitters and make the tracking less """tedious""" you've just made it actually tedious by removing all interesting and skillful parts of the game. monster tracking and feeding is totally irrelevant now so just remove it all and make it a deathmatch because that's clearly what you want.

you made a game that was truly unique in a lot of ways with plenty of depth and then just threw it all out

t. fucking mad
>>
>>147910951
yeah i remember watching streamers whent he game came out. they would do hilarious juking by sneaking around bushes and cliffs and stuff. i tried to do that, but just got owned
>>
>>147910951
>30 minutes of fucking nothing happening followed by one big fight that decided the game
>unique

DotA did that years before Evolve came out, the fuck are you on about
>>
>>147911087
You can't do that now, hunters know your location the entire game from second one and can dome you 20 seconds after landing no matter what. The map is just there so the monster can try run away by spamming abilities.
>>
>>147911135
>30 minutes of nothing happening
it's shitters like you who ruined this game, i hope you are happy for the week or two that you play before quitting and never touching it again
>>
>>147911227
how do they know?
>>
>>147910326
griffin used to be shit before this free map scan
now he is super good because of harpoon
>>
>>147911274
What? Griffin was top tier just for the harpoon gun.
>>
>>147911317
his tracking was shit compared to abe or crow
>>
>>147911267
>the game is ruined because I cant lead hunters on 30 minute wild goose chases as Wraith
>>
>>147911270
They have a scanner that shows your location every 20 seconds.
>>
>>147911348
you don't need a gimmick ability to track the monster, just map knowledge and coordination. in combat and other utility was always more important, its why maggie was also top tier despite having the worst tracking ability
>>
File: What.jpg (872 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
872 KB, 1920x1080
Do these guys know something I don't?
When you cant test characters how can anyone confidently spend all there silver shekels?

Also is there anyway to buy perks outside of the perk select screen?
>>
>>147911450
jack is also now top tier
>>
How 2 crow?
>>
>>147911382
>the game was bad because i am too skill-less and lazy to learn the maps and area control and monster routes and co-ordinate with my team, please trs i just want to hold spacebar and spam dome and fight fight fight instead of using my brains
>>
File: Wraith.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Wraith.webm
3 MB, 640x360
How do I wraith against decent players?
3 Decoy, 1 Nova doesn't work against ppl that know what they're doing.
>>
>>147908907
>What in the shit is wrong with this game?
what the hell is wrong with the minimap? why does it shut down after random action so you have to open it manually?
>>
>Hyde variant coming out some time soon

I hope it's an armored up Hyde.
>>
>>147912378
Blue Hyde
>>
>>147911452
i think they were selling some kinda pack for $6 that unlocked some characters they probably got that
>>
How the FUCK do I get enough keys to unlock a monster aside from Goliath? I keep getting shit on in stage 1 because I can't GTFO fast enough and get domed before I can eat and I can't hide for shit with the scanner thing happening every 5 seconds.
>>
>>147912378
Hyde with two eyes.
>>
Are there any good resources covering stage 2 for a new player to read through? Everything seems out of date.

I'm not sure what I should be doing in regards to unlocking perks and stuff. Trying to get away as Goliath after I'm spotted the first time just feels impossible and I'd like to look into what I'm doing wrong. It's embarrassing.
>>
File: stats.jpg (33 KB, 587x207) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
33 KB, 587x207
How many people actually enjoy playing as the Monster?
>>
HOW DO I GIT GUD WITH EMEEEEEET
>>
>>147912730
I do. Currently broken as fuck and takes some skill to not win as a monster. Especially Wrath or Kraken.
>>
I have 8000 shekels who is the most OP piece of shit that will make people hate the game?
>>
>>147913182
see >>147903786
>>
File: for-you.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
for-you.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>>147912652
perks are a meme leave them well alone unless you are going after tier 3.
Level 1 and Level 2 perks unlock via level characters Not your account level up. you can check this by clicking the rectangle in the top right that has your user name.

Stealth is a useless mechanic as now all hunters are meme planet scan, really as goliath if you're spotted you just spam jumps, leaps and charges. Unless they're cutting you off and splitting up you will always outrun them, be sure to kill anything with firebreath because it's quick, don't waste time rock smashing unless you're going to fight a big guy.
if you get caught just meme on the medic and the support untill the dome goes down then run.
>>
so were meant to be getting half of much as we are now?

Not playing after this weekend.
The grind would kill me.
>>
>>147913524
yeah fuck that i wont be playing after the weekend either
>>
>>147912378
Jekyll Hyde
>>
File: 1340396604593.jpg (185 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1340396604593.jpg
185 KB, 1280x960
>>147903786
>four idiots group in a clump and stand next to kraken so he can pop all of his abilities on all 4 of them
>they don't even use a single fucking ability, they just sit there and die

>LOOK HOW OP MONSTERS ARE THIS IS BULLSHIT
>>
>>147913182
>Making people want to hate the game
Fuck man. Why do you hate Evolve?
>>
>>147913754
they just dropped in? of course they are all standing next to each other?
>>
>>147913524
>>147913686
Okay.
>>
>>147913809
I don't want to make anyone hate the game, I just didn't know i was getting twice what i was meant too. The grind feels pretty depressing thats all.
The real reason is because i had a friend who fucking spent months trying to push this game on me, when i saw the dlc i was said no, but that didn't stop him from shutting p about it, I'm glad it failed, I'm glad its f2p but I don't want him to enjoy his revived shit game. fuck you brandon
>>
File: Sem título.jpg (17 KB, 764x134) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.jpg
17 KB, 764x134
>yesterday
>download at 91% after the entire day
>thinking that i'll be able to play today, since only 9% left
>turn on pc and login on steam
>140MB/18.9GB downloaded
>it went back to fucking 1%

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'M NOT PLAYING THIS SHIT ANYMORE
>>
>>147913950
nice blog faggot
>>
Guys, i'm this guy >>147913950

After my ragepost i figured out what i can do.

Can someone PLEASE upload appmanifest_273350.acf somewhere so i can download it? I'll make steam recognize the game as installed and download only the 9% again.

All i need is appmanifest_273350.acf and the evolve folder name inside steam/steamapps/common.
The appmanifest_273350 is inside steam/steamapps/

>>147914102
Please, send help
>>
Why is there only one fuckin game mode
>>
>>147913950
>tfw it only took 15min for me to download
>>
any general tips with Gorgon?
>>
File: 20160709140110_1.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160709140110_1.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
>post yfw the loading screen finishes and this greets you
>>
>>147913950
Sounds like your fault
>>
appmanifest_273350.acf is a 1kb file, can someone upload it here? dropfile.to

Please help, i just want to play some evolve, anons.
>>
>>147914167
"AppState"
{
"appid" "273350"
"Universe" "1"
"name" "Evolve Stage 2"
"StateFlags" "4"
"installdir" "EvolveGame"
"LastUpdated" "1468049792"
"UpdateResult" "0"
"SizeOnDisk" "20397745134"
"buildid" "1219530"
"LastOwner" "76561198042175027"
"BytesToDownload" "20205571696"
"BytesDownloaded" "20205571696"
"AutoUpdateBehavior" "0"
"AllowOtherDownloadsWhileRunning" "0"
"UserConfig"
{
"language" "english"
}
"MountedDepots"
{
"228983" "8124929965194586177"
"228984" "3215975441341951460"
"228990" "1829726630299308803"
"273351" "3295358997257548033"
"273356" "3212513328632810285"
"273357" "730598743171856973"
}
"InstallScripts"
{
"0" "_CommonRedist\\vcredist\\2010\\installscript.vdf"
"1" "_CommonRedist\\vcredist\\2012\\installscript.vdf"
"2" "_CommonRedist\\DirectX\\Jun2010\\installscript.vdf"
}
}
>>
>>147913946
>not wanting your friend to enjoy game he enjoys.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>147914515
Thanks.
>>
File: 5646574675.png (15 KB, 347x91) Image search: [Google]
5646574675.png
15 KB, 347x91
What's this number top-right of the screen?
I can't see anything new when I click on my profile.
>>
>>147914339
Get +traversal regen for sanic speed and +cooldown for more web and vomit
Leave spiderlings along the way as you easily avoid the hunters with your godlike speed.
Reach stage 2 and max web and acid (ignore mimic)
Set on the wall to make an ambush and pounce them.
Web key targets and vomit acid everywhere around them.
Watch how the acid melts them.
Keep throwing spiderlings in the fight for CC.
Win
>>
To lose vs level 1 monster you must be dumb s fuck

I even won against lvl 3 monster

You just need a good healer and support.
>>
File: 1467073985149.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467073985149.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>147914418
>>
File: 1453895119443.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
1453895119443.gif
1 MB, 300x223
>>147914418
>>
>>147914592
>good healer and support
Yeah, good luck finding one.
>>
File: thanks.jpg (13 KB, 387x102) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
13 KB, 387x102
>>147914515
Almost there now, goliath bless you.
>>
>>147913415
Thanks man. I'll try some of this and hopefully get better at the game, for you.
>>
>>147914716
Glad I could help, enjoy the game.
>>
>>147914418
i bet it is a guy cheesing the dropship aoe spam start tactic
>>
>>147911673
pls?
>>
>>147915086
You really don't need to cheese at all. Most Hunters are simply too unorganized. Usually they just follow each other in a straight line chasing tracks, finally catch up to the monster on stage 2 and get instantly obliterated.
>>
File: 1466833239183.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1466833239183.gif
2 MB, 380x285
Will someone add me? I just want somebody to play with

Please speak english and be over the age of 18, I'm on the East Coast of the united states

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nuffalope/
>>
File: 1460610201452.jpg (64 KB, 469x402) Image search: [Google]
1460610201452.jpg
64 KB, 469x402
>>147914418
mfw

>>147915210
It baffles me that there's no tool tip or HUD element to encourage players to cut off the monster.
>>
>>147915393
but there is a tooltip that says STAY TOGETHER PRESS TAB
>>
>>147907497
4 slims

All throwing bugs, spamming bursts
>>
Should I get gold dmg reduc or capacity/reload on Slim?

I'm running bronze jump height and silver swap speed.
>>
>Getting my shit kicked in as Goliath 'cause can't stealth cant run cant evolve
>Decide "Fuck it" and get all the speed perks
>ALL of them
>+6, +10, and +15
>Play Meteor Gliath instead because it's faster
>Mfw Sanic
>Mfw immediately end up on a huge win streak because nothing can catch me and I leap half the map
>>
>>147915662
Might as well play Wraith, faggot.
>>
>>147915727
I can't, I haven't unlocked anything except a few perks yet. I only started playing a few hours ago. I think my biggest mistake was trying to be stealthy. It seems to be much more effective if I just chimp out and fuck everything up and disregard stealth entirely.
>>
>>147915727
dont give him stupid ideas, turbo homo
>>
Anyone else stuck in "SEARCHING" screen?
It shows other 4 PLAYER FOUND and i can see them in player options but game wont start.
>>
>>147915958
I think it's a small bug. Backing out real quick works. I've only run into that a couple times.
>>
>>147912730
I really do
its great right bow because hunters have no clue

Still i expect the balance to shift in 1 month
>>
>>147915506
pls respond

I also see that there was a reload perk bug in that it doesn't work for heal bursts. That was a year ago though, was it fixed?
>>
playing the game as hunter while listening to Attack on Titans music is perfect
>>
File: 20160709145346_1.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160709145346_1.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
>>147912730
It's fun
>>
Periodic challenge is not a bad idea
I prefer playing few games spread around the whole day instead of playing streaks anyway
>>
>>147916407
>hunters 24/24
>monsters 7/7
>32 perks
>level 14
literally what?
>>
>>147916862
Looks like he bought the game and season pass.
I did too.
>>
>>147916862
there was a time where you could get monster race edition for cheap on g2g or other sites. I think it was like 20 bucks? If you own the game before it was released you get all monsters and hunters unlocked without having to grind them.
>>
so monster nerfs when
>>
Can someone post a safe place to get a founders key? All these sites look shady.
>>
>>147913828
You can jetpack away right before you hit the ground.

>Match starts
>Freefalling
>See monster trail
>Moment you see your weapon you dash in the direction the prints are headed and get to high ground without touching the landing zone

Tell me I'm not the only one doing this
>>
>>147917329
In weeks if monster still win against stacked comp

Which will not happen
>>
Lmao wraith is a fucking easy win
Won 9 matches in a row now
>>
>>147917653
who gives a shit about stacked comps
only pubs matter
>>
So can we still buy the Character CD-keys off g2a?

I just dont want to spend keys on the Hunting Season 2 characters when I can buy them dirt cheap.
>>
>>147917801
Even pub stomped monster at lvl 40
>>
is emet just shit
>>
>>147917329
At first I thought monster were imba, but now that I know the game more, (noob) monsters die so fast and they can't do anything.

First you have to know how good the monster is.
If he doesn't
-attack your healer/support first
-know the environment (runs into a dead end)
-play Wraith or Kraken
you have very good chances to win

How to spot a good team:
-they never ever stack!
-(they spilt in 2 teams of 2 to hunt the monster)
-they use the full environment if the monster is trapped
-if 1 or 2 hunter died, the other 2/3 split in opposite directions until they respawn (you can't solo anything you need your team)
-They use their skills (a healer heals, supporter gives shield/other protection, a trapper slows the monster and an attacker only damages the monster), but if the monster is bad the healer and support can also attack the monster until heal or other support is necessary.
-the most important thing for me: The range of skills/attacks/buffs is insane (therefore you don't need to stack)

Having a blast with this game, but a (good) Wraith is gg. I don't even know if you can defeat a Wraith even with a good team.
>>
Is there a way to actually watch the replay that sometimes shows up after a match? It seems weird they'd leave that out.
>>
Is there a way to buy perks outside of being in the game already? I don't want to make people wait even longer just because I'm looking through pages of fucking perks and deciding on what I want.

There's the character's page, but I don't see any way to see what any character's abilities are, or any area to purchase perks.

Literally played a whole 2 games so maybe I'm just retarded.
>>
>>147918370
There's a replay?
>>
>"ill just boost up to avoid this monster attack"
>it still hits
>>
I really enjoy playing Maggie, is there any special way to not have your harpoons btfo as soon as you put them down? Like any sort of tips?
>>
>>147918519
An overview of the map with the paths that people took.
>>
File: back.jpg (65 KB, 591x188) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
65 KB, 591x188
from 100 to 35k people
>>
>Losing a fight really bad
>Everyone is half or less health and the monster is smacking our shit
>Gotta fucking run before we lose
>Our medic deploys the dome and trap us all
>Lose

Jesus christ man
>>
How do I wraith without the cancer setup?
>>
>2400 keys till I can buy Wraith

Almost there guys
>>
File: 1446816521301.jpg (36 KB, 262x284) Image search: [Google]
1446816521301.jpg
36 KB, 262x284
>mfw the game dies because despite f2p people still cry gaem is 2 hurd
>literally every pub game i have is full of window licking tomato paste makers
>poor people ruin it for people who didn't give a shit about microtransaction

Fuck this gay earth and fuck all of you.
Monster4ever. Haven't lost a single game as one yet.
>>
File: 1388660672953.gif (936 KB, 227x175) Image search: [Google]
1388660672953.gif
936 KB, 227x175
>>147919713
>mfw i spent 6000 on Cosmic Kraken
>>
>>147919663
>be monster
>hunter dropped the dome so shit, half his team could be cornered between dome and som random cliff
thank you
>>
>>147919513
so they are tryin to do a tf2 here
>>
>>147919876
It's the power of poverty.
>>
>>147919778
You won't be so smug when they nerf the bastard
>>
who do i buy, rogue val or griffin?
>>
How do I unlock more colours for my badges?
>>
File: 1467323253578.jpg (381 KB, 1100x959) Image search: [Google]
1467323253578.jpg
381 KB, 1100x959
Guys, let your medic do their fucking job. If someone is down, let your medic use their abilities to heal from a distance.

I've been in three games in a row were I watched our assault run to the downed hunter, and proceed to get raped by the monster, because they weren't doing their job.
>>
>>147920324
You can just heal people from a distance instead of having to pick them up L4D style?
>>
>>147919782
I've been thinking about shenanigan potential with the dome.
In the right situation, you can probably trap the monster alone in an inaccessible deadend and make everyone stuck for 5 minutes
>>
File: 20160709160944_1.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160709160944_1.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
>fun police arrived
>>
>>147921013
i bet he is gonna lvl 1 cheese you
>>
>>147920413
medi-gun can res people without having to pick them up as far as I know. I think the only medic that actually needs to go near the corpse is Lazarus.
>>
>>147921124
But even then, his whole play style has two options.
1. Cloak and rez
2. Let them die and rez.

So you're not in direct danger.
>>
>monster ability grazes you even if you tried to boost out of the way
>you are flung 20 miles into a pit by it
im calling horseshit on this fuck
>>
>>147921210
Lazarus is shit anyway. A good Monster player is going to eat the corpse of the Hunter. Lazarus can't rez team-mates if the Monster ate them.
>>
File: Runningexplosions.gif (2 MB, 174x176) Image search: [Google]
Runningexplosions.gif
2 MB, 174x176
>Pick Medic
>Monster picks Kraken
>Tfw getting focused every fight
>>
>>147921296
> Not shooting the monster to interrupt
Sounds like you're shit.
>>
How the hell do you beat a hank+val combo?
>>
>>147921427
I AM the monster player. I have never ever had any issue against Lazarus. You throw someone into one corner of the arena and either eat them because no one can interrupt you, you are too far away, or you just corpse camp because you know Lazarus tries to reach the corpse. And when you corpse camp Lazarus will go out of cloak a couple of seconds later because he's going to initiate cloak beforehand to get near the corpse.

We already had this fucking discussion back in alpha. So many scrubs thought that Lazarus is OP because he can just revive people. No one seemed to understand that he's not even good at that since the Monster has very clear counter-play to it that doesn't even require much effort. Val is still tier 1 medic.
>>
File: 1467893542111.jpg (5 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
1467893542111.jpg
5 KB, 206x245
>its a "team gets wiped by stage 1 meteor goliath" episode

better yet, they were spouting memes on mic
>>
rogue val is a monster compared to normal val
>>
>>147921794
Don't worry the game will die within a month.
Then we can move the problem to the next game.
>>
>>147921013
What do people max as kraken anyway
i usually go 1234 lvl1 and max thunderstrike and vottex
>>
>>147921937
>it will take a month for the game to die

I give it a week.
>>
>>147922076
I was trying to be optimistic.

Reddit is going to say otherwise tho, for sure. It's not dead until there are no redditers to say otherwise. According to them it wasn't dead before the f2p hit.
>>
>>147921961
2 LS, 1 Vortex, 1 Banshee. Rank 2 lightning strike is near impossible to dodge out of if the kraken is maintaining high momentum since more momentum when casting strike = a faster moving strike indicator. Aftershock is pretty useless for actual kraken gameplay since your goal is to focus down the medic or support and your snowballs outdps aftershock and you're a lot safer using them.
>>
>>147922228
http://steamcharts.com/app/273350

Looked pretty damn dead to me. Avg 100 players in June.

Turns out when you make an unfun mess of a game, it doesn't sustain a playerbase. Who knew!?
>>
File: 1460010682822.png (57 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
1460010682822.png
57 KB, 301x300
>Finally gotten gud, on a 15 game win streak
>Clanfags I've dominated been matched with several times so far drop out when they see me now
>>
>>147922435
I was just poking fun at reddit. Every dead game they claim is still alive especially if there is a console version.

The game had it's issues but it wasn't really that much of a mess. The real problem was that they gave the average player too much credit assuming that they weren't mouth breathing retards. Even now with the game dumbed down people are still having problems understanding what they're supposed to do and 90% of the pubs respond with memes or just flat out tell you to go fuck yourself when you try to guide them politely in the right direction or give any help.

You tried, TRS. I give you bunch of bearded faggots a silver star for trying.
>>
>>147922228
Reddit was non stop calling the game dead and asking for trs to do something
>>
>>147921492
just keep attacking, Hank is old and cant beam forever
>>
>>147923003
You didn't hate yourself enough to scour it and find the consolecucks screaming that it was still alive.

"Sucks to be on PC, brah! On ps4 we find games in 3 minutes!"
>>
>>147921427
>fully armored level 3 super monster who can get shot thousands of times and be completely fine
>a single inconsequential bullet taken to any part of his armored body is SO POWERFUL that it stops him dead in his tracks while he's eating
>so powerful that even if he's 99% done with eating, he will, i guess, vomit it all out or something.
>>
>medic ignores the team and stays alone at the rele
What the fuck did you thought it would happen dumbass
>>
>>147923120
>millennials
>le old people memeing meme jokes

kill yourself
>>
File: 1452920621834.png (139 KB, 352x291) Image search: [Google]
1452920621834.png
139 KB, 352x291
>enemy team has a big win streak
>i start off feeding like normal
>get to level 2 no problem
>notice it seems they aren't even trying to find me
>they're all sitting near their power relay and they see me
>i freeze, they just stare, then i run off
>get to level 3, get a poison buff
>they kick my ass hard
>mfw
>>
How do you change chat channels?
>>
So what about Wraith makes it so hated?
>>
>Wraith runs like a total bitch for the whole game
>10 seconds left
>It's paused while he mauls the power relay

What a great game.
>>
>>147924129
Why didn't you just stand back and spam ranged attacks?
>>
Is gargatua the worst beast?

Top kek all she did was run from corner to corner, even at lvl 3 with hyde I took half of her shield left and almost killed her alone, with Hyde
>>
>>147924419
I didn't expect to be btfo'd so hard when i had full health, and they domed me and cc'd me when i tried to fuck off. The fight was a lot faster than I expected. I think they had full-on damage perks or something.
>>
Who is the best husbando and why is it _Abe_?
>>
>>147924129
what was their team composition?
>>
>>147924907
Griffin Henk Lazarus Grandma
>>
>Win match as Goliath
>The results screen doesnt appear and i win nothing

NICE FUCKING GAME
>>
So, is this game worth the 20 gigs?
>>
>>147925212
if you like games that are as grindy as Smite or Heroes of the Storm, yeah.
>>
>>147925212
I've enjoyed it so far. It took me about an hour to download so it wasn't too big of deal for me
>>
>>147903576
>rock throw
Wait for it to be about to leave his hands then jetpack dodge perpendicular to him. He'll either throw it where you were and miss or guess which way you went for 50/50. Better yet have a competent assault turn on his shield and body block the rocks

>Wraith Supernova
double tap to jetpack straight up and stay in the air. Wraith has shit for vertical range.

>Gorgon acid spit
Jesus it's bright fucking yellow don't touch it

It sounds to me like you have absolutely no concept of jetpack management
>>
File: 1453772700786.png (94 KB, 213x292) Image search: [Google]
1453772700786.png
94 KB, 213x292
>>147925820
>Heroes of the Storm
>>
>>147925184
>>147924907
>>147924129
>Lazarus
It was your fault. Lazarus is a free win for monster.

Also not engaging at stage 1 and 2 is a rookie mistake. You get some health back from evolving and armor is apparently static, you should be trying to engage before evolving to score downs.

Teams are also usually retarded about doming and will hit it as soon as they see your fully-armored self instead of holding it for when your armor is gone and you try to flee.
>>
>>147926187
rock throw is a bit harder since they kept goliaths animation canceling for it, so if you leap smash > rock throw, you skip about half the animation and the rock just suddenly flies out of his hands.
>>
>>147912378

It's Parnell

If Hyde ever gets one I wanting to be chems sprayer
>>
>>147926429
Thank god, I hope his variant is useful

His shotgun is fucking garbage outside of very rare circumstances and his rocket launcher isn't enough to consider him against savages like the new Markov variant.

the game's hit detection doesn't do his high-spread weapon any favors either
>>
Bucket is the most broken piece of shit doing massive damage, nerf when
>>
>>147926967
dont even say something like that
it is not even funny as a joke
>>
Who /Markov/ here?
>>
Guys, how do I gorgon?
>>
>>147926753
the nerf to his super soldier so that it only increases fire rate made him total garbage. There's no reason to play parnell anymore.
>>
I like Cabot, Abe, and Val. Will any of these picks upset my team?
>>
Who's your favorite hunter?
Its really bad we cant test so I have no idea who should I buy first
>>
>>147927302
all solid picks, go nuts.

>>147927331
Gameplay wise it's sunny, she's 7 levels of bullshit, personality it's EMET
>>
>>147927302
Nope
>>
>Get monster down to nearly dead on Stage 1
>Because he stayed and fought after the dome went down, it's back up
>I put the dome up
>He incaps someone as it goes up
>It IMMEDIATELY goes back down

?????????????????????????????

I lost because of that fucking retarded shit, what in the actual fuck is that.
>>
File: 1468028837594.jpg (76 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1468028837594.jpg
76 KB, 601x601
>>147913946
>have a friend named branden
>he wont play with me
WHY WONT MINE BE LIKE YOURS REEEEE
>>
File: Bob+Dylan+scan.jpg (58 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
Bob+Dylan+scan.jpg
58 KB, 500x552
Any europoors wanna play with someone? It's shit teaming up with these retarded mouthbreathers all the time.

post ids
>>
>>147915727
>WOW MAN YOU LIKE PLAYING FAST? HERE, PLAY WRAITH FAGGOT
go back to /v/ where hating opinions is the meme

>>147915662
>Love goliath
>played him since launch, just like his design, always love bulky meme characters
>just put all the feeding speed and transversal speed perks i have on
>sanic
I love this feel, who 8 winning streak here
>>
>>147917191
>yfw I got everything except T5 hunters and Gorgon and now I own gorgon and Lennox
>all for 10$
I regret literally nothing, I had fun playing it when it launched and I really enjoy the large amount of players it's getting
>>
>>147927701
If the Trapper goes down, the dome goes down.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.