[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect General - /meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
/meg/ Ghetto Edition

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/0326Anr2

Andromeda info: http://pastebin.com/BiK2KhPw

Friendly reminder to stay the FUCK out of / da g/
>>
gigi-chan best waifu
>>
File: 1436817677082.jpg (95 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1436817677082.jpg
95 KB, 630x420
>>145759401

Well, that's certainly a bare-bones OP.
>>
>>145759634
Beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>145759686

True enough.
>>
>already dying

Goddamnit.
>>
Do Salarian females have ovipositors?
>>
File: 1431032622690.png (243 KB, 770x417) Image search: [Google]
1431032622690.png
243 KB, 770x417
I really hope they add more haircuts in Andromeda. And some player-only haircuts, because it's pretty jarring when you see three other people with exactly the same haircut as you.
And more types of beard. Adding scars to the body would be cool, too, it doesn't really make any sense when your face is covered in scar tissue, but your body is as smooth as a baby's bottom.
>>
>>145762196

I don't think so, at least not something very large. From what I gathered, they just squat in a corner.
>>
ded gaem ded thred
>>
>>145762227
The haircuts in the trilogy were all pretty bad with the exception of the basic buzzcut, which any modeler with a Community College art degree could have made.

Come to think of it, 90% of all the hair in every Bioware game is shit.
>>
they gave us a quarian with goddess-tier breeding hips but can't yield any children with the protag

fuck bioware
>>
>>145764378
>quarian
>yield any children with the protag

The fuck did you expect, son?
>>
File: VARIETY.png (75 KB, 677x1163) Image search: [Google]
VARIETY.png
75 KB, 677x1163
So how many species of interactable """"""""""aliens"""""""""" do you think Andromeda will contain?
>>145764378
That's not really an obstacle if you're sufficiently determined.
c.f. hurians
>>
>>145764653

What do you mean with 'interactable aliens'? Enemies, or speaking with them?
>>
>>145764825
Either.
>>
>>145764561
Mos RPGs usually circumvent the whole "biology" thing in favor of pregnant waifus.

I suppose I should give them credit for sticking to heir guns in one area, at least. But I don't have to like it.

>>145764653
Quarians were literally made for hard missionary fucking and prone boning.
>>
>>145764653

The geth were such great fodder enemies. They made cool sounds, had a great look, and were just generally fun to blast apart either on foot or in the mako. And their lore made you feel a little something about them before you killed them.

Everything after was just Ubisoft-tier cover-shooter dudes with body armor.
>>
>>145759401
Terrible OP picture. At least there won't be any Quarifags in Andromeda.
>>
>>145763236
E3 killed the last bit of interest in ME
>>
>>145764653
I was a faggot who didn't mind the cookiecutter planets from ME1 at all, so cookiecutter characters wouldn't bother me so long as there's more to explore/see/do.
>>
>>145765631
I thought "artisti integrity" did that long ago.
>>
>>145765616
>At least there won't be any Quarifags in Andromeda.
If anything quarians are the most well suited to go Andromeda, since all they need is to slap whatever plot device is responsible for intergalactic travel onto their ships.
>>
>>145765637
The ME1 cast were cookie cutter. MEA cast will be cookie cutter, with the crust cut out.
>>
>>145766019

>ME1
The galaxy map and Citadel were the dough crust, the planets and story section were the circular cookie cuts, and the characters and combat were the chocolate chips.

>ME2
There is no crust. You have a few big, rock-hard cookies with some raisins in there somewhere, but the centers are still gooey (loyalty missions, suicide mission), but it leaves you with some cavities (nerfing RPG/inventory elements)

>ME3
Just the whole bag of chocolate chips. It's fine, yeah, but no real substance and you never really made anything to start with. You're just being tided over with sweats.
>>
>>145766349
don't forget there is a nest of cockroaches at the bottom of the ME3-bag.
>>
>>145766513
Are the roaches the DLC notice at the end or the DLC itself?

And I forgot to take the MP into consideration. What would that even be? The milk?
>>
>>145766349
I'm specifically referring to the characters. All the landscapes that we explore in ME, we've seen them, one way or another in other games. I'd rather explore them, frankly. What makes Bioware games memorable for me, is the company.
>>
>>145766827
I agree. Bioware's characters, if nothing else, have at least been interesting, whether they trigger autists on /v/ or if they're endearing enough that they become waifus/husbandos.

For me, the atmosphere of ME1 is what hooked me. I love the isolation and somber tone of being out in the frontier of space with nothing but your crew and your wits. I hope ME:A can rekindle that to some degree.
>>
>28 posts
>8 poster

wew
>>
>>145767002
But if you played DAI you know they won't be. Which makes me far less inclined to give MEA a chance.
>>
>>145766349
>but the centers are still gooey (loyalty missions)

Those were complete shit, though.
>sheppur pls help me with this, or i wont be gud
>>
>>145766019
>The ME1 cast were cookie cutter.

And the ME2 cast were cardboard cutouts.
>>
>>145766019
More likely a shit twinkie.
>>
>>145765616
I am a very avid fan of the quarians, but I try not to broadcast my autism about it too much. I would be a little bummed if they didn't make another appearance, but I'd bear it in silence.

>>145765835
Aren't the capabilities of the Migrant Fleet just a big DeM for whenever they need a big group of ships to being something somewhere?
>>
>>145767467
They could have been structured a little better; maybe if they hid them in the journal in such a way that you didn't know you were even doing a loyalty mission until "that moment" when you have make some decisions.

Or maybe the culmination of several missions played out in a specific way would earn someone's loyalty. More than being an N7 doctor making house call after house call.
>>
>>145767551
I'm going to have to disagree. In ME1, the characters were barely developed. They were walking codex entries for life in the 22nd century.

ME2 characters had flair. They were over the top, but memorable. Video game characters have to be video gamey to an extent. And the ME2 cast bar Jacob were built on something solid. If nobody cared about hte ME2 cast, why was it that Bioware got so much shit about treating them like that in ME3? Nobody would have cared. So I'm going to disagree with you on that.

>>145767773
>I'd bear it in silence.
Honestly? I think you shouldn't, eddrf. Everyone has something that is Mass Effect to them. Change it too much and you kill their version of Mass Effect, effectively killing off the franchise for them. You could always go look for it somewhere else, but you found it here and you feel comfortable with that and you want to keep coming here for more of it. Even if I don't like Quarians, I like you for liking them, if that makes any goddamn sense.
>>
>>145767994

Or didn't call them loyalty missions at all. You either help me with this thing, or you don't. Don't bitch about your petty problems when this whole mission is a thousand times more important.

The first game did them way better. They're more character missions than loyalty mission, and they not blatantly marketed to the players, either, nor is the game telling you YOU HAVE TO DO THIS QUEST FOR THIS CHARACTER OR HE OR SHE MAY TOTALLY DIE.

You get the quest by speaking to the character, and by getting closer to the character, getting him to trust you more, consider you a friend. And it's still completely optional, you do it because the character asked you about it, not because of a shitty, contrived gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>145768463
>The first game did them way better
Every character in every Bioware game has had their own quest. They just made them more story oriented in ME2 and, if I recall correctly, had done so in DA2 as well. Only DA2 characters were shit entirely.
>>
Playing Me for the first time right now and I can't put any points into the shotgun skill.

Why is that? Can I level the shotung somewhen in the game?
>>
>>145768959
which class did you pick?
sometimes you have to invest points in pistol first to unlock shotguns.
>>
>>145768818

I don't see how that has anything to do with my post. I said that they were better done, not that they didn't exist at all.

>They just made them more story oriented in ME2

Not really, no more than than Garrus' or Wrex's missions. They were, however, a forced gameplay mechanic to allow people to die arbitrary deaths. I still have no idea what Jack/Kasumi is doing in the reactor core room.
>>
>>145768959

Invest a few points into Pistols, then unlock the Shotgun path.
>>
>>145769081
I didn't know you could pick a class.

I'm playing as the default shepard then, I guess.
>>
>>145769317
>I didn't know you could pick a class.
what? the game offers you choices in the beginning.
clearly you are a casual pleb kek
>>
>>145769317
>I didn't know you could pick a class.
>>
>>145768463
This is all mostly true. But I wouldn't necessarily want to see the whole concept nixed, but definitely done better/more subtlety.

Take away the labels, make them regular missions, or maybe do certain things other than literal "missions"

>one character has a crippling fear of thresher maws: don't consistently bring him on trips to planets that have thresher maws
>one character copes with stress by talking A LOT: earn a degree of trust by letting them yammer on at you while you just nod your head
>maybe one character gets antsy when they don't see enough action, prompting you to bring them on more missions, or have an extended conversation to find out why they constantly need to be fighting

Imperfect ideas, but it's something I think. And all of these scenarios and the like could have gameplay effects as well (higher damage, lower DT, ect.) Or maybe they just react to you differently based on those actions.

but this would require time/effort, and usually those are mutually exclusive/nonexistent.
>>
>>145768959
It's gated early on. You need to allocate points into other weapons first.

It's worth it though. If you roll with a shotgun squad that all have carnage rounds, it's nasty.
>>
>>145769158
I'm trying to say that, as missions, character quests aren't something new to Bioware games, nor something that was "better handled" in previous games. It's how it was handled in all their games. They tried to change that in ME2 and DA2. I understand that it doesn't work for you, but the change of pace, for me, was refreshing. Especially since it didn't have to commit having said squad member in my party for long periods of time, or having to carry them along in multiple places, often redoing maps 2-5 times, to trigger the right prompts and conditions for quests, without, simultaneously fearing, that I might have locked myself out of something else that was on the way.

I am not entirely sure I'm making sense, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

>They were, however, a forced gameplay mechanic to allow people to die arbitrary deaths. I still have no idea what Jack/Kasumi is doing in the reactor core room.
That has to do with Normandy upgrades, not loyalty.
>>
>>145768338
>If nobody cared about hte ME2 cast, why was it that Bioware got so much shit about treating them like that in ME3?
Biodrones have autism and think they were really characters with depth. The reason I care for them being dropped was that you spent an entire game assembling a crew and it's all for nothing since they split up first chance they get. It made the second game even more irrelevant to the series than it already was.
>>
File: 1465792158419.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1465792158419.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
So who's in charge of the lore of MEA? That's really all I need to know before deciding to give it a chance or not.
>>
>>145769497
>>145769478
>Story rpg focuses around a pre given character
>Allowes me to mess around with his identity

Welp

>>145769281
>>145769645
Allright, thanks.
>>
>>145769864
>character quests aren't something new to Bioware games
Never said it was.
>Especially since it didn't have to commit having said squad member in my party for long periods of time, or having to carry them along in multiple places, often redoing maps 2-5 times, to trigger the right prompts and conditions for quests, without, simultaneously fearing, that I might have locked myself out of something else that was on the way.
None of this is in the first game.

Literally the only things they changed in Mass Effect 2 was forcing it on the player because it meant the character was a liability, and that every, single character had a problem that needed to get fixed by yours truly to check the loyalty box. That's it. Do you even have to speak with them at all? I can't remember if you do, or if Kelly just tells you they want to speak with you.
It's not more story focused than in the first game, it's just a badly developed gameplay mechanic.

>That has to do with Normandy upgrades, not loyalty.

Riiight, I forgot about that.
They were pretty badly done, too. It's not something that changes gameplay (aside from the upgraded scanner and fuel cells), it's only function is preventing deaths at three (the magical number) stages of approach toward the Collector base.
>>
>>145770208
>Biodrones have autism and think they were really characters with depth
ME2 characters are, for the most part, on par with other Bioware characters. In terms of writing and character depth. There are a couple in every game that are a cut above the rest and really good, but those are exactly as rare as that sounds.

I don't understand what makes you like ME, or Bioware games in general, though, if you're so against that.
>>
>>145770465
everyone from the original game is gone, expect many inconsistencies and retcons of the ME lore.
Mac Walters is in charge of everything, he was the one responsible for the story fuckups in 2 and 3.
that should give you the general gist of it.
>>
File: 1436865816732.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436865816732.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>145770519

The computer voice LITERALLY tells you to pick background, military service and class.
>>
>>145770465

I would assume the writers are, but as far as I know, it's a totally different studio than Bioware Edmonton. It's Montreal now, I think.
>>
>>145770651
>None of this is in the first game.
I ME1, most of the time I did the quests as I went around from planet to planet and when the time came to talk with the characters about their said quests, I just gave them their quest items and the only reaction was "ok, cool, did that". It's a lot more distant and actually ruined my immersion. Like, I had Wrex along when I found his ancestral armor, but he didn't even recognize it, until some time later when it came up in a conversation, off to the side. I think it's clearly the wrong way to handle it.

While what I described didn't happen in ME1, it did happen in Baldur's Gate 1 and in Baldur's gate 2 and in Neverwinter nights and in KotoR and in Jade Empire and literally every other game pre-ME1.

While ME1's way was better, it still wasn't that great. And while I ME2's was better for me, I understand your point and I understand it requires refinement.

I would like the Normandy upgrades to be more meaningful, as well.
>>
>>145770936
It doesn't, tho. It tells me to confirm that my identity is john shepard, soldier, from earth.
>>
>>145770936
he has gone for the pleb option an just took standard Sheploo solfier option.
>>
>>145771275
no you can literally choose everything if pick "create class".
But this was probably too complex for your little casual brain and you went for the "give me gears of war" option. open your fucking eyes
>>
>>145771204
>While ME1's way was better, it still wasn't that great.

It could still have been improved in the first game, obviously. Like you said, stumbling onto Wrex's ancestral armour before getting the quest, and without him ever making note it. But, I guess that's what happens when you put a character quest on a sandbox planet.
I'm not sure if you can stumble onto Garrus' quest, or if the trail leading you to it only unlocks after you speak with him.
>>
>>145771418

Calm down, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>145771418
>>145771296
I thought it might be an advanced option for players who already played through the game with the default shepard, just like PoE's Scion or DS' Deprived.

There are no downsides regarding story or quests when picking my own class?
>>
>>145771861
then dont say there was no option for a character creation if you are too retarded to read, fucking cunt
>>
Mac Walters @macwalterslives 12 t12 tuntia sitten

@Gavin_J_Porter Ryder is a last name. And the dog tags found in the N7 day trailer belong to another...
>>
>>145771985
no, why would there, soldier is the most boring class to play.
>>
>>145772018

4chan is more than one person.
>>
>>145771985

No, it doesn't matter what class you go with. As for the background, you only get a single quest out of it.
>>
>>145772250
>>145772130
Thanks lads.
>>
>>145771740
I don't remember Garrus' quest, but Tali's was also solved through picking up an item that was readily available.

And the thing is, one of the first conversations you have with Tali on the ship is about her pilgrimage. So I know she wants something unique to take back to the flotilla, I know I have something like that, but I can't even offer it to her, not until her Quarian Codex entries are depleted, which is when she gives me the quest.

I know I am not by any means the smartest pea in the pod, but come on!

>>145772069
Oh boy! Speculesshuns! Your new characters will be a joke, Mac. Just like the rest of your game.
>>
>>145770661
Against what?

And I didn't play Mass Effect for the characters, I did it for the setting. Let me sum up Bioware's catalogue and what I thought of each game because why not. We need something to talk about.

>Baldur's Gate
A fun D&D romp much like the old goldbox games but more accessible. Characters have flavour with their quips but not much more than that.
>MDK2
Terrible sequel to a very good game. It's been clear since this game that they were shit at art direction and style even though they keep trying.
>Baldur's Gate 2
It's like the first game but edgier and with more character interaction. Since the release of this game it has been the formula for all other RPGs made by the company. It's probably also their best work since it's the least dumbed down.
>Neverwinter Nights
The final and most genuine attempt at doing tabletop roleplaying justice with a multiplayer that emulates how it is played. The SP was thrown together very quickly at the end of development and is shit.
>Knights of the Old Republic
The proto Mass Effect, nails the Star Wars feeling and is a great licence game. Built using the BG2 formula it works very well and the twist for those kids who didn't see it coming was amazing. Unfortunately the combat was shit since it was console first.
>Jade Empire
KotOR reskinned into a faux wuxia game with martial arts instead of lightsabers. Same BG2 formula, unfortunately it didn't have the same impact since it didn't have the Star Wars setting to fall back on and thus it is largely forgotten these days.
>Mass Effect
Bioware decides that since kotor did so well it was worth investing in their own science fiction setting. Again built on the BG2 formula and what they learned from kotor they made something pretty much unheard of, a new expansive action RPG in an completely new and original setting developed from scratch. The cool thing is that they actually put a lot of effort into the setting, something they wasted in the sequels.
>>
>>145759401
What a lovely picture.
>>
>>145772913
Part 2.

>Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect was a success so naturally they were trying to do the same thing with fantasy, making a new BG game but without a licence. They wrote a new expansive fantasy setting that wasn't half as interesting or had a smidgeon of the potential ME had but it did well anyway. Classic RPG design didn't work very well on consoles however. As generic as it was and even though they couldn't make the gameplay match the BG series it was a success. Needless to say it was the old BG2 formula yet again.
>Mass Effect 2
Bioware is now owned by EA, this will be noticeable in their future games. This is Bioware's attempt at the second darker entry into a trilogy. For some reason they made it into a mix between the dirty dozen and a heist movie. Lore and setting was flushed down the toilet. It's also a straight up linear action game now instead of an open action RPG. Aside from the writing it was a pretty fun game with some cool ideas that would have worked better in a standalone game but it shat all over ME1.
>Dragon Age 2
An expansion to Dragon Age gets out of hand and chaos ensues. It's the standard BG2 stuff but developed on a shoestring budget and a crazy deadline.
>TORtanic
Bioware makes WoW with a Star Wars skin.
>Mass Effect 3
They figured out that they were supposed to be making a trilogy and quickly tied together all plot points and finished the story, previous setting information and story was run over with a tank. Much like DA2 this game was rushed as fuck but as far as gameplay goes it was alright. Level design went to shit with the multiplayer integration. Somehow it didn't turn out as bad as DA2.
>Dragon Age: Inquisition
Bioware took what they learned from TOR and applied it to a singleplayer game.
>>
>>145772913
>And I didn't play Mass Effect for the characters, I did it for the setting
I play Bioware games for the Bioware/BG2 formula. Especially since BG2 is probably my favourite game of all time. Good times with fun companions. ME3 was 3 good occasions the entire game and shoved the fun companions to the side, in favour of Kai Leng, Diana Allers and Steve Cortez. So I was upset. I still am upset.

Haven't played MDK2, but I had fun with all the above mentioned games. Less so with the NWN OC and Jade Empire, more so with KotoR, BG1 and BG2. ME1 lacked the variety of companions I wanted, but was OK.

As for ME1, there are figuratively a million other sci-fi settings out there. It's not the setting I want so much. It was OK, on par with Jade Empire, in terms of overall setting quality. Lacked variety in fun characters, was pretty boring, Virmire choice was rather trivial and could be prevented, but we just went total braindead. Metal Cooler for a final villain was a mistake.

ME2 had more characters, they seemed much more fun. Shame how they handled ME1 cast, i.e. Liara, Wrex and VS, but the new characters compensated and then some.

I already said my piece for ME3 above.
>>
>>145772632

Tali doesn't really have a personal quest in that sense, it's a direct follow-up to the quest that takes you to the geth outpost that keeps the data, and the only thing her 'quest' entails is whether you give data to her.
>>
>>145772069
Yeah, the Ryder family stuff is already confirmed. I wonder if gender selection will make you pick between playing the brother or the sister. Twins maybe? And then you face off against your twin in the end because they do the opposite of you?
>>
>>145771740
>sandbox
Open world. Not sandbox. Minecraft is sandbox, terraria is sandbox. The Witcher 3 and GTA are open world.
>>
File: 1465264183045.jpg (211 KB, 1600x1129) Image search: [Google]
1465264183045.jpg
211 KB, 1600x1129
>>145774448
No I bet its like the father who is the N7 dude antagonist. They said that the dogtags arent Ryders, and in the same trailer next to the doogtags theres the family portrait with a dad and two kids.
>>
>>>/v/341743682
>>>/v/341754253
Anyone heard of this? Know source?

>>145774440
I don't know. It seemed like overall sloppy to me. Like an afterthought, more than anything.

>>145774448
>And then you face off against your twin in the end because they do the opposite of you?
Didn't we play Devil May Cry already?
>>
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-dev-on-studio-tensions-femal/1100-6440814/

RIP
>>
>>145771054
ME1 had a dedicated lore guy who was great. He also worked on ME2 for a while before the staff was assfucked by EA. Wrote all the planet descriptions and codex entries in ME1. He also wrote some of the best characters and locations.

Basically I'm wondering if it will be as coherent as the first game or if nobody gives a shit like in the last game.
>>
>>145774790
just asked the guy.
sources:
http://archive.is/xJtHH
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-dev-on-studio-tensions-femal/1100-6440814/
>>
>>145774708
He'd have to be pretty old. I still think it'll be sibling rivalry. Although the evil dad thing does sound pretty SJW...
>>
File: mass effect 3 ending.png (683 KB, 537x955) Image search: [Google]
mass effect 3 ending.png
683 KB, 537x955
>84 posts
>14 (fourteen) unique ips

jesus christ just let it die, it's pathetic
>>
>>145775034
>Although the evil dad thing does sound pretty SJW
Jesus christ I hope this is bait. What's SJW next? Breathing?
>>
>>145774938
Yeah, reading it right now. Sounds as bad as you'd expect and management denying everything like it's regular brothers quarrel. Only everyone understands it's not quite like that.

>>145775115
>pic
Inaccurate. We never got Yellow ending.
>It only happens if you kept Kai Leng's corpse and threw it into the Catalyst.
>>
>>145774868

Chris L'Toile, or something, yeah. Pretty insane, writing every codex entry and planetary discription.
>>
From the article
>I'm pretty confident. We're lucky to have an amazing publisher in EA, who want us to make the best Mass Effect game we possibly can. We talk to them constantly, they're always asking questions and giving advice

Sounds pretty bad, if you decode the PR talk.
>>
>>145775283

The boogeyman is everywhere, anon!
>>
>>145774448
>I wonder if gender selection will make you pick between playing the brother or the sister.

That would be pretty cool.
I'm still wondering what they meant further explaining female Ryder's non-default face. If it is indeed that you pick how your parents look.
>>
>>145774264
>ME1 lacked the variety of companions I wanted, but was OK.
The thing is that it was the first entry in the series so your companions had to give you insight into the game world. I actually liked the ME1 characters the most because they felt so connected with the setting as a result of that. The ME2 crew were edgy comic book style characters. You even had a capeshit light character with the Asari milf.
>As for ME1, there are figuratively a million other sci-fi settings out there.
But pretty much zero RPGs using them. The closest thing to Mass Effect 1 out there is Star Control 2 and Starflight and they aren't exactly new. There's nothing quite like it at the market at the moment, that's why I liked it so much that I'm posting here years later. If it had been another shitty fantasy game or a generic cyberpunk game I wouldn't have liked it half as much.
>>
>>145775307
>Inaccurate. We never got Yellow ending.
it's the refuse ending then
>>
File: 1453488729548.png (15 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
1453488729548.png
15 KB, 300x309

>But now we have a new generation of developers who are trying to bring their vision of Mass Effect to life.

YES! change the staff that made the original series and swap it with people who dont know shit what Mass Effect is about.

>I also heard that some gameplay features are now being stripped out to meet the release date.
>Oh I haven't heard about any of that.

Gameplay elemtents are cut: confirmed

>We're lucky to have an amazing publisher in EA
Is this all just a bad dream, am I already dead? WHERE AM I

>A lot of fans hold the studio to a really high standard
they are fucking delusioned

>I can understand those fan concerns. I feel that, this close to release, it's a bit worrying there's no deep dive on how the game plays.
>Oh okay, we could absolutely go into all that detail now. I have no concerns with that stuff.

Doesnt go into detail....wtf is this shit

>So moving on, so the Pathfinder character that was revealed at the end of the trailer appears to be a female by default this time?

>Well there's a trick there, I can't get into it
Tranny confirmed

>Now that we have some years of distance from it, how did you feel about the Mass Effect 3 ending? The backlash, the alternate ending, bowing to fan pressure; how do you feel about all of it?
>Oh yeah, I mean [releasing the alternate ending] was an incredibly cathartic moment for the studio. There we were, desperate to pay off a decade of work, and to have that negativity come back we thought, god, what are we doing here?

Heads were hanging like this [puts heads in hands between his knees]. It was a deeply introspective and challenging time for all of us. We carry a lot of scars from that time, and took a lot of lessons.

YES! PLAY THE FUCKING VICTIM YOU FUCKING BITCH; YOU DESTROYED MASS EFFECT FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: Alien Hackfresse.jpg (147 KB, 1898x668) Image search: [Google]
Alien Hackfresse.jpg
147 KB, 1898x668
>>145774817
>>145774938
This fucking face is following me everywhere!
>>
>>145775789
>I actually liked the ME1 characters the most because they felt so connected with the setting as a result of that
They seemed realistic. But I don't really care for realism in video games. Different and over the top is how you make something memorable. For me, at least. But I understand it's not up to your taste.

>But pretty much zero RPGs using them
So make one. It's not that hard. For example, Shadowrun is one of my favourite settings. For a time Microsoft owned the rights to Shadowun, right around the time they were working in tandem with Bioware. Cyberpunk still counts as sci-fi last I checked.

And even so, many more out there Bioware could work their hands on. With their reputation, at the time, people would practically throw franchises at them. It doesn't have to be Mass Effect, you just have to use it and use it well.

>>145776091
This is not me, but boy, does it sure sound like me. Also, you're absolutely right.
>>
File: 1385118837-pic2_0937.jpg (332 KB, 778x1100) Image search: [Google]
1385118837-pic2_0937.jpg
332 KB, 778x1100
THATS IT
IM already raging over ANDROMEDA like the mess MASS EFFECT was
ITS DONE; ITS FINISHED, RIP MASS EFFECT FUCKING THANKS EA#

FUCK This gay earth fuck everything, WHAT IS THIS CRAZY SHIT
Im done, I cant come here anymore to get new bad news about this franchise, I will paly ME1-3 till the end of days ignoring everything else
fuck man this is just depressing
>>
File: 1464503600391.jpg (25 KB, 547x379) Image search: [Google]
1464503600391.jpg
25 KB, 547x379
>>145775283
You got it the wrong way around. Making a father the villain isn't inherently political at all but SJW demagouges have ideological motivation for making the villain your father. Much like having a negro in the lead role isn't really a leftist thing or anything but modern leftists are motivated to cast one because of their identity politics.
>>145775526
Yeah, I'm sure bogeymen are behind the state of comics and the tabletop rpgs. Bogeymen apparently run Hollywood and Brittania too.
>>
File: Parasite laugh.webm (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Parasite laugh.webm
85 KB, 640x480
>>145776091
>Well there's a trick there, I can't get into it
>Tranny confirmed
>>
>>145776091
>>145776280
>scars
>SCARS

is this chick from tumblr
did she get PTSD from being told that ME3 blew krogan dick
jesus christ
>>
>>145776091
>alternate ending
Huh?
>>
>>145776907
the refuse ending from the extended cut
>>
>>145776967
It was just a big FUCK YOU from EA into the face of everyone who picked this ending, it was a disguised insult against the fans for the backlash.
>>
Feeling quarian waifu's puffy labia through the suit?
It's actually a tiny dick.
>>
It'd be cool if they used callsigns in Andromeda. Since they're still N7, or whatever the fuck the Pathfinders are part of, they're still military, so using callsigns would make sense. Would also be nice.
I've always liked the callsigns in the MoH game from 2010 (funny how they're all two syllable words).
>>
>>145776967
That was just a very long game over screen.
>>
File: 1464753698343.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1464753698343.gif
2 MB, 696x478
>>145776372
>So make one. It's not that hard.
Which planet are you from?

And cyberpunk isn't really science fiction, at least not more than steampunk is.
>>
>>145777082

Crysis has two-syllable callsigns, too. Nomad, Prophet, Psycho, Jester and Aztek.
>>
Are we already past Stage 1 and into Stage 2?
>>
>>145778585
wat
>>
Hello /meg/ how's it going? Is the afterlife treating you well? You seem to die a lot.
>>
>>145775404
I think it contributed to make everything feel so cohesive. He also inserted so much character into the planet descriptions, they were really enjoyable to read.
>>
>>145778984
It's funny that the general dies more often now that we got a sort of substantial trailer and more info on the game. The survey leak was also confirmed to be authentic. Yet there's less activity than before.
>>
File: 1466188516342.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466188516342.jpg
512 KB, 1920x1080
>>145778984
>>145779193
>>
File: 2.jpg (23 KB, 494x491) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
23 KB, 494x491
>>145779460
they are out for our waifus, and they won
>>
>>145779193
I think people are pretty disappointed with what they got. Me included, the ME segment of the EA showing was pretty lackluster. No substance, no hints at what the story would be, just a fugly asari and some very brief cuts showing desert planet and jungle planet.

>>145779460
>It's okay to be racist if you're brown.
I hate that mentality, people who don the victim-coat and use it to shield against reprisals when they act like assholes. But it's okay, because they're victims!

>>145779649
There won't be a qt femquar in ME:A will there?
And if there is, she'll be trans, lesbian, or both.
>>
>>145777046
She keeps that gelded malequar penis with her for luck.
>>
File: 1466183877297.jpg (53 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
1466183877297.jpg
53 KB, 400x333
Do you think we'll get to turn her into a crater?
>>
File: dfd.png (196 KB, 1211x1259) Image search: [Google]
dfd.png
196 KB, 1211x1259
>>145779460
I wonder if MEA will have a TFA effect and make people reevaluate ME3 with the knowledge of how much worse it could have been.
>>
>>145778681
5 stages of grief I guess, we're in the anger stage then.
>>
>>145780179

Wouldn't say 'we'.
>>
>>145779826
The desert planet looked sort of neat tho.
>>
>>145780286
Right, you're still in denial
>>
>>145779865
>tfw you'll never buy her a gelded malequar penis that wasn't cloned and grown in a vat, but the real deal.
>She'll never watch the surveilancevideo of you getting into a gunfight with quarian pirates, then remembering her wish, and bringing out the scalpel. (From the citadel branch of Daro'xen's medical emporium, of course.)
>She'll never hum happily on the way home, reading the info you gathered on the formerly male pirate.

I don't know what feel to feel.

>>145780020
I sure hope so.

>>145780389
I can agree with that, but the showing was too brief. Where's the teaser hinting at treasures buried in the sand, the cozy little desert hamlets. The subterranean sandstorm proof homebase. The characters and the prominent locations?
There was nothing, might as well have been a terrestrial desert for all the info they gave us.
>>
>>145779460

I don't know what the fuck he's talking about, but he's not wrong about laws not being inherently right or 'just'.
>>
>>145771985

The story is mainly concerned with Shepard's last name and his status as a special operative which are given, specific class and background are just for fluff (which is also how they are referenced in sequels)
>>
File: SilkRoad.jpg (1 MB, 5760x1080) Image search: [Google]
SilkRoad.jpg
1 MB, 5760x1080
>>145780627
>terrestrial desert

Deserts do tend to be on terrestrial planets. ;)
>>
>>145778984
you can't expect me to bump and or post in the general I look at every day
that's for some other cuck to do
>>
>>145780458

No, I just don't get angry about it, anymore.
>>
File: ocean_landscape_07.jpg (1 MB, 1229x768) Image search: [Google]
ocean_landscape_07.jpg
1 MB, 1229x768
>>145780627
The game is suffering from huge development issues. I was surprised they showed us even hints at gameplay since the game must be a mess at the moment.

We all already know it's going to be Inquisition in space but I'm wondering if they have made it more SJW friendly than ME3 was. I don't think lewd stuff like EDI's sexbot shell or Miranda's tight suit will be in the new game. Expect ugly waifus from here on.
>>
>>145781212
>some other cuck
Have your waifu been taking Krogan dick today, anon?
>>
>>145781563
not today
>>
>>145780810
>I don't know what the fuck he's talking about
He's a curry supremacist. What he means with justice is "death to white men".
>>
>>145781716
I take it she's indisposed by excessive BT foaming. I feel your pain. Foam parties do tend to get out of hand, you should always make them wear condoms.
>>
>>145781730
>He's a curry supremacist.
>"Death to other cuisine!"
>>
>>145780990
heh
I thought the term terrestrial meant earth and only earth? Wikipedia says "Terrestrial refers to things related to land or the planet Earth." So it applies to any planet with land then?

That's a lovely picture.

>>145781212
A thread that lives only through bumping can't be considered alive in the same way that a thread with a living discussion can. In my opinion anyway.

>>145781418
Considering Bioware's aversion to alienating the SJW crowd I assume it will very LGBTQAI-+ friendly. Bioware is capable of making qt waifus (sometimes), but they're really bad at making stories that make sense. I expect the eponymous ancient evil to be the main adversary and characters will be shallow archetypes.

I hope the game will be fun, but I don't have much faith in Bioware's ability.

My ideal ME:A would be all about dealing with megacorps who wish to take as much of the galaxy as they can, resources for a very vulnerable colony fleet. And an alien community that while initially welcoming is growing quite hostile, especially when they realize their tech is hopelessly inferior compared to the colony fleet. But they have numbers, and a large portion of the community are advocating nipping the colonization in the bud.

>>145781958
Condoms?
You should only attend foam parties if you're wearing a rebreather with oxygen tanks and a large bottle of olive oil (to keep the foam from sticking too hard).
Preferably some audiobooks, because rescue from a foam cocoon can take awhile.
>>
>>145781958
an omnidiaphragm is preferable, condoms either harden into clubs that BTs can't resist using to bludgeon nearby males of other species, or burst from overfilling
>>
Wow, we die fast.
>>
>>145782417

Rocky planets are also called terrestrial planets, like the four inner planets in our own solar system.
>>
>>145782417
>megacorps
Considering the state of the galaxy when the colonists left I'd think a militaristic theme would fit much better. Just think about it, the potentially last survivors from the Milky Way wouldn't be in it for money or greed but survival. They'd be very aggressive against any potential threat.
>>
>>145785273
Also, the whole relic hunting from the leaks sounds dumb. Considering the reaper stuff from the trilogy you'd think they'd be very sceptical towards found technology.
>>
I cried a bit at the end of ME3. Fuck off.
>>
>>145777325
I meant as in, if you're Bioware, you can take literally any sci-fi setting and I really do mean literally and make an RPG out of it. Fucking Halo RPG, do it, doesn't matter.
>>
>>145781418
The worst part of it is the level design. I remember in DA:I I had to do some kind of platforming to get to certain places and/or quest items. Movement in DA:I is wonky at best, at its worst it's like playing the ice stage of a Mario game and trying to move using the NES controller while handling it with just your dick. It takes more than just practice.
>>
>>145785978
fuck off shill
>>
>>145781360
D-E-N-I-A-L
>>
>>145786403
M-E-M-E-S
>>
File: 1466191466585.jpg (561 KB, 1357x1920) Image search: [Google]
1466191466585.jpg
561 KB, 1357x1920
So, what have we learned today?
>Bioware devs fighting among each other
>Everyone jumping ship because of it, like the company is a sinking ship
>Game stuck in development hell for 4 years with no real progress whatsoever
>In game features getting cut to meet EA's deadlines
>EA execs breathing down their necks
>Probably missed every deadline so far
>9 months away from game release
Now, I don't wanna shout ToRtanic 2 but I might
>>
>>145787814
Indeed.
>>
>>145784657
OCD referred to me as you when I brought up the quarians. That was neat.
>>
File: 1456886698198.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456886698198.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
>>145787814
Im still so fucking upset, even taking a walk didnt help.
Its quite sad to know that we will never again get a Mass Effect game.
The biggest part that gets me is how they replaced 98% of all people previously working on Mass Effect, meaning there will be no feeling of Mass Effect in the new installment.
Everyone with talent is now working on the new BW IP, and the Mass Effect license has been given free to salvage.
>>
>>145787814
>>In game features getting cut to meet EA's deadlines
I'm actually praying for a delay just so this doesn't happen. Hold me, /meg/
>>
>>145787174
being retarded isn't a meme
>>
>>145788947
What if CDPR or Obsidian got a hold of the license?
>>
>>145788731
Well, we don't get many Quarian fans. While it wasn't in the usual style of eddrf's writing, I took a chance. I was wrong. As I usually am.
>>
>>145787814

to be fair, Bethesda showed proportionately equal amounts of content when they announced Fallout 4, which at the time was just as far off as ME:A is now, iirc

m-maybe they're just being conservative with their marketing?
>>
>>145789253
>tfw I'll have to start tripping when I bring up quars so as not to impersonate another tripfag

i never should have come here, guys
>>
>>145788731
Neato.

>>145788961
Me too. I hate to see games that could be good get ruined because the higher-ups want to rush the release.

>>145789253
Nah, you're pretty spot on when you detect me sans trip.
>>
>>145789363
Bethesda isnt know to fuck its fans over with false marketing like EA or Ubisoft. Everyone knows Bethesda games are buggy and unappealing at release, and the trailer showed that quite accurately.
>>
>>145789050

Seek help, then.
>>
>>145789105
>CDPR get the license
>Everyone in the game is an asshole.
>You can fuck everything.
>Political correctness is out the window
>Story is otherwise great, hard choices implemented competently
>Gameplay takes a backseat
Still, not my kind of game.

>Obsidian get the license
>Gay characters are involved, but not overblown
>Waifus are there, but cannot have any of them
>Semi-decent themes explored
>Writing/plot isn't that great.
>Needs more Avellone/Ziets, but are stretchgoals for kickstarters now, so no go
>Nice RPG elements
>Loads of rebalancing
>Actually works now
>Big heads
I'd still take the Obs one.

>>145789363
Sure, but they showed a torrent of stuff in such a short amount of time, it was surreal. And the game came out in 6 months, too.

However, Bethesda may be hacks, if you wish to call them that, but they are not Bioware levels incompetent. I doubt the game is gonna start writing itself.

>>145789820
Exactly. Bethesda games come with modding tools that allow you to fix their games for them. EA is against that. Frostbite is nearly unmodable.
>>
>>145790298
I like waifus, but I think i'd prefer the obsidian one nonetheless.
Although CDPR's version might be great too. Honestly it's difficult to fail harder than bioware did.
>>
So let's say you chose the Synthesis ending at the end of ME3. That would mean that the crew of the Ark and the Tempest were the last surviving "pure" members of all their respective species. The bulk of all the council and non-council races and like 99% of humans would all have been transformed into spooky synthetic hybrids; every generation from right now to 2193 or whenever ME takes place would now be a part of a different race with different culture and galactic poise, but they're all stuck where they were when the relays got destroyed.

That means the passengers of the Ark are the last of their kind technically, even though they all have a synthetic "sister race" they left behind. So in that sense, the Synthesis Ending adds some cool lore to the universe.

Am I rationalizing?
>>
>>145790941
Synthesis is the literal meme ending to expose faggots who are too retarded to understand the plot of ME1. Its an insider joke. someone says ironicly synthesis is the best ending and everyone who agrees is instantly outed as an idiot.
>>
>>145788947
>The biggest part that gets me is how they replaced 98% of all people previously working on Mass Effect
Didn't that happen with ME3 already?
>>
>>145791286

Doesn't understand the plot of ME1 how? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Synth, but the only parallel I remember from ME1 would be Saren's indoctrination, meaning Synth = Reaper win
>>
I was not on here for ME3. Does this general ever pick up?
>>
>>145790941
It's potentially spooky since the machine hybrids might have developed quick FTL travel while the colonists were on their way. Imagine green reapers coming loaded with cyborgs making landfall in Andromeda. But since not all players got that ending we won't see that happen.
>>
>>145794285
That's the thing, how in the hell are they going to circumvent the entirety of the series? I think it's smart not to bank on any one ending, but by that same token it would be beyond weird if not a single character makes reference to the trilogy. And if they did, it would have to be in the most vague terms possible

>"hey, remember Shepard?"
>"oh yeah...what I trooper."
>>
>>145794610
Eh, they could talk about Saren, the attack on the Citadel, human colonies disappearing and stuff but it's only natural that they wouldn't know the exact specifics of the events.
>"Hey, remember that time Shepard spoke to Garrus about being a good/bad cop and he became batman?"
>"I heard that one time Shepard kissed Aria and got a chess board, wasn't that cool?"
It doesn't make sense to reference the events of the trilogy other than in a general sense.

The big problem as I see it is that the Ark was never referenced in the trilogy but I guess it must have been pretty hush hush. On the other hand femshep narrated the first trailer and you'd think such a major thing would have been brought up.
>>
>>145795273
Not to be that guy, but the fate of the entire rachni, geth and quarian races also rests on the players' decisions. And although nobody gives a shit about the rachni, it would be odd if nobody mentioned the quarians or the geth being genocided (unless the truce is the canon outcome of Priority: Rannoch).
>>
>>145789537
>>
>>145791286
None of the endings really make any sense.
>Destroy
This would have made sense if there was no starkid, you deploy the weapon and the reapers die, the end. But since its the reaper butthole controller that gave you the option it makes no sense at all. Why not just stop murdering everyone if that's an option? How about the reapers murdering rogue AIs if they become dangerous instead of just exploding all tech? Why didn't the reapers simply do that in the first place? That's their fucking job.
>Control
Again why do they need Shepard to control them? The starkid seems to be able to do so on his own. It's also the renegade ending so it makes even less sense since Shepard is a murderhobo.
>Synthesis
Lol wut? U wot m8?
>>
>>145790298
>big heads

damn you!
>>
>>145793775
if the FUCKING AMERICANS COULD KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE FOR JUST ONE FUCKING NIGHT then it would
>>
>>145795910
The rachni were hidden on a remote world until ME3 if they survived. Pretty much nobody knew about them.

The quarians and the geth thing also presumably takes place after the Ark leaves. Otherwise the state of the quarians in Andromeda would be in flux and Bioware doesn't like that sort of thing. It makes sense that some would opt to leave before the war against the geth.
>>
>>145790298
Avellone is working on or was working on the spiritual successor to System Shock and ip fraud Prey (2016).
>>
File: 1464814905786-0.jpg (134 KB, 540x765) Image search: [Google]
1464814905786-0.jpg
134 KB, 540x765
>Still no waifus announced
Do you think there will even be any?
>>
>>145796432
I'm literally keeping this general afloat from burgerland, at work AND at home. Step up, foreignfriend.
>>
>>145796926
No waifus, only husbandos now.
>>
>>145797358
I'm doing that as well until 4 in the morning in central europe, but the last few threads after that always folded.
>>
>>145796448
Aaaah. Very clever.

...too clever.
>>
>>145796926
More waifus than ever before is my guess and hope.
>>
>>145797747
If Bioware would have made that DoA beach waifu sim I suggested years ago this general would be more active than ever. Just imagine all the voluptuous waifus playing volleyball while drenched in oil. The soft parts jiggling pleasantly as they jump around. Side games would include collecting seashells with Mordin and massaging waifus. Cover EDI with coolant paste so she doesn't overheat. Play cards with all your favorite characters under a roof and in the light of torches as a tropical thunderstorm sweeps the beach and the ocean roars in the background. Help McLargeHuge cook and score points with your waifu if she likes the taste.

Just hire me already Bioware.
>>
>>145798732
Sad part is I'd prefer you in that office over whoever the opening attack scene of ME3.
>>
>>145798732
can't have that, the tumblr crowd would get mad and you don't want this infinitesimally small number of people with literally no influence on anything get mad at you, would you?
>>
>>145797747
It's like midnight in Germany, Fritz. How are you going to post in the later at reasonable hours if you're completely out of gas?
>>
>>145798930
I think just about anyone with a modicum of talent and who also liked the ME series could have written a better ME3, however, the plot was sort of fucked since the second game since the middle part didn't set up for the final conflict at all like second parts in trilogies should.
>>
>>145798732
>Play cards with all your favorite characters under a roof and in the light of torches as a tropical thunderstorm sweeps the beach and the ocean roars in the background.

I'd prefer strip poker.
>>
>>145798732
I'd hire you.
As long as you include a scene in which Tali walks along the reefs on the sea bottom, totally ignoring swimming in favor of walking assisted by Mass effect fields

I can imagine it now, Liara in a soft bikini, her breasts bouncing as she jumps to punt the ball. Samara on the other side in a traditional beachrobe that manages to seem even more revealing than Jack and her panties and pasties. (She forgot her swimwear.)

Edi is getting ice cream, and legion is studying the multitude of fishes that live along the reef.
And the normandy is hovering above, occasionally dropping down for shade if the sun gets too harsh.
>>
>>145762227
>And some player-only haircuts, because it's pretty jarring when you see three other people with exactly the same haircut as you.

That happens pretty often in real life though. Take 100 people at random, and most of them will be wearing one of three or four haircuts.
>>
>>145799037
Problem with vocal minorities these days is widespread and sensationalized social media has given them all a soapbox to appear much more relevant than they really are. It only takes 50-odd bluehairs to cause a shitstorm on Twitter and freak out the PR dept.
>>
>>145798732
>>145799201
Can you give them gifts?
Can you and they drink so as to become intoxicated, during the card games and otherwise?
Will waifus which don't normally like you as much stare at you in increasingly affectionate manner during strip poker?
>Cover EDI with coolant paste
Aroused.
>>
File: seyshels.jpg (251 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
seyshels.jpg
251 KB, 1366x768
>>145799201
That's only available during the night time together with other lewd games. You have to make sure that you have gathered enough points first though, otherwise they will think you are a creep.
>>145799037
You could easily allow the players to do the same things with husbandos. They'd still whine like no tomorrow though because they are sex negative (fox and the grapes syndrome) and journos would give it bad scores for not being something it was never supposed to be instead of reviewing it for what it is.
>>
>>145799192
2 and 3 could easily be merged into one game. It wouldn't even take a talented writer, either, EA just wanted their trilogy bucks.

Thus, ME went from a personal narrative with subtlety and atmosphere to another SAVE THE WORLD IN LESS THAN A MONTH slog.
>>
>>145799489
>walk into a C-Sec office
>all the turians have dirty-blonde sidecuts
>>
Why would the Illusive Man build an android infiltrator with a vagina?
>>
File: the question.jpg (62 KB, 712x534) Image search: [Google]
the question.jpg
62 KB, 712x534
>>145799056
>How are you going to post in the later at reasonable hours if you're completely out of gas?

what?
>>
>>145799719
>Can you give them gifts?
Of course but you have to make sure it fits their personality. They will also wear any clothes you give them that they like. Giving Legion a Hawaii shirt will work for example because he's a robot with no taste.
>Can you and they drink so as to become intoxicated, during the card games and otherwise?
Yes, this is a valid strategy. You can also cheat at cards but if you are discovered you will be punished by heavy bullying. If you have got them drunk before that the bullying will be executed by you getting smothered by butts and breasts.
>>145799359
>Tali walks along the reefs on the sea bottom
At the beginning of the game Tali is anchored to a reef, she's only available once freed. She's also very tricky to buy gifts for. The trick is to get her one of those cute curly straws and make her shitfaced, then she starts hitting on you and doesn't take no for an answer.
>>
>>145799489

Yes, but it's not literally the same thing with a colour change.
>>
>>145762227
gee, imagine some other male in the military having the exact same crew-cut as you
>>
>>145762227
I don't care what styles they throw in so long as they don't look like the attachments to a Lego minifigure
>>
>>145800914

I meant other haircuts, genius. Like the shitty female one that looks like you've got a spider on your head.
>>
>>145800110
How do you infiltrate without a vagina?
>>145799836
>2 and 3 could easily be merged into one game
Sure but what does the second game add? You could just skip to the third and the only thing missing would be the cameos and the hamfisted cerberus enemies when you should be fighting the reapers. The second game only adds pointless stuff instead of adding and moving the overarching plot line forward. The only really relevant thing was the arrival DLC that made the reapers wake up and teleport without any explanation.
>>
>>145800518
If you are indeed a german, according to Google it's past midnight where you are. Around 10 here in the states, when most people will be home and posting, it'll be like 4-5AM. How will you stay awake to post in the busiest time of the day for the largest userbase?
>>
File: 1342659507274.jpg (483 KB, 1414x2550) Image search: [Google]
1342659507274.jpg
483 KB, 1414x2550
Have they said anything about cerberus in Andromeda?
>>
>>145801735

no, and hopefully they never do

they had some mystique in ME1&2, but since then they've just been a cheap plot device to pump out covershooting fodder enemies.
>>
>>145801964
>they had some mystique in ME2

Not really, they were a shitty plotdevice even back then.
>>
Nighto /meg/
>>
>>145801178

They really said all they needed to say with the first one. It was a nice, well-rounded story with every element of the series represented.
>>
>>145801253
my sleeping rythm is fucked because I have a lot of nightshifts and late shifts. also it's friday night here. and I'm at work
>>
>>145802146

gonna post as you now
>>
>>145802221

I am also at work

>tfw getting paid to post on a dead general
>>
>>145802490
whats your job?
>>
>>145802146
Good night, Edward.
>>
What if when you wake up in ME:A (after character creation) you run into another early riser, like a young jumpy turian private?

What if the two of you explore the Tempest together while you wait for the others to wake?

What if a sudden calamity kills him off, just as you were starting to get attached to him?
>>
>>145802919
I work in used vidya retail (not GS, though)

it's terrible

but it's still better than /v/'s current ME threads
>>
>>145803435

Well, it would be another Bioware cliché.
>>
>>145803794
what if you have dreams of this character in between missions?

what if at the end, when the DeM is being activated, a VI of that character's likeness explains the endings to you?
>>
>>145804091

That's not really a Bioware cliché.
>>
>>145802180
The sequel potential was great though and completely wasted.
>ME1 start
>Saren attacks a human colony to get info on how to get the reapers into the galaxy
>"It's a mystery, some xeno butthole is doing something bad, let's find out what!"
>ME1 ending
>After the best fleets barely manage to take down one reaper to stop an invasion
>"The reapers are still out there and I'm going to make sure they'll never get here and fuck us up."
>ME2 start
>Shepurd died in an attack by some asspulled new enemy
>"They are kidnapping humans and shit, I'm sure this is related to the reapers somehow!"
>ME2 ending
>After blowing up retardo terminator and delaying the reapers by a day or two by blowing up BTs
>"Uh I guess they will be here any moment now and I still haven't a clue on how to stop robot cthulhu."
>ME3 start
>Reapers arrive and fucks up Earth for some reason
>"Uh I guess all that baby reaper nonsense was completely pointless since it only took a month or so to get here anyway. Also let's never talk about my resurrection again. Oh and the reapers forgot all about the Citadel, that's lucky. OH AND WE FOUND THE PLANS FOR THE ULTIMATE ANTIREAPER WEAPON LYING AROUND ON MARS LEL. Oh and Cerberus is fighting us for no reason."
>ME3 ending
>The reaper controller gives you three options for no reason and then the reapers are no longer a threat but also the galaxy is fucked in some way.
>"Thanks reaper brah for your Deus Ex Machina, now there are some adventures I forgot all about before I got here..."
>>
>>145802490
I know that feel

>>145803761
>Not GS
You dodged a bullet there I guess. Hotel here, pretty nifty.
>>
>>145803794
It's more just a general writing cliche

Joss Whedon made a whole career on it
>>
>>145804857
We have a regular customer who works at a real swanky hotel, makes an inordinate amount of money for being the autist that he is. He makes enough that he's bought & sold a PS4/XB1 from us at least thirty-some times. He just keeps switching them out like money means nothing.

How can I get a comfy hotel job where I can dress nice and post on /meg/ from my phone?
>>
File: Gesellen1.jpg (539 KB, 1324x1916) Image search: [Google]
Gesellen1.jpg
539 KB, 1324x1916
>>145805693
>How can I get a comfy hotel job where I can dress nice and post on /meg/ from my phone?

how about you just apply? also it helps if you've done proper apprenticeship and stuff and have some qualifications.
Also watch "The Night Manager" because that's totally not related but still cool.
>>
>>145804821

You can see the quality being drained from the writing. ME1, imo, is a perfect adventure story, made even better by its setting. And even though it was left open-ended, it could still stand on it own. The problem is they didn't expand on any of the interesting elements of the first game, and instead went the blockbuster route because that's what sells.

There's only a handful of segments in ME1 that really qualify as "set pieces," whereas the next two play out like a Die Hard movie.
>>
>>145806360
great show, great cast, great everything
shame it's a mini

>>145801735
Cerberus should have stayed peripheral instead of being forced right into the center of the main narrative.
>>
What race makes the most sense to see first in ME:A?

What race would make the least sense to be there at all?
>>
>>145807758
>shame it's a mini
stop right there! it's finished and thankfully they won't be able to milk it any more by producing sequels, prequels and side-stories because the writer has all the rights to it and won't allow it.
wanting anything else is enabling companies like EA.
>>
File: ElcorX2.png (124 KB, 338x343) Image search: [Google]
ElcorX2.png
124 KB, 338x343
How did the Elcor achieve space travel? It says that they were contacted as a race by the Asari when they were making their first forays into space travel.

Not only do they have no thumbs or hands but the gravity on their planet is at least 4 times earths. The amount of fuel that would be required is insane.
>>
>>145808018
>What race makes the most sense to see first in ME:A?
Asari I guess.

>What race would make the least sense to be there at all?
as much as it pains me, batarianss have no business in Andromeda. Neither have quarians though, which is a good thing. I mean why would they want to take those to Andromeda at all? BTs are slavers, pirates and isolationists and quarians have literally nothing to offer.
>>
>>145808113
I know! I know. It's just hard to let a good thing go. We're creatures of excess, after all.
>>
>>145808113

>congrats! you have completed the story of Johnathon Pine. Though his journey has come to an end, you can continue to explore the world of The Night Manager through poorly-acted spin-offs and remakes!
>>
>>145808414
The quarians at least canonically have a huge fleet of liveships run by experienced spacefarers that are prone to fucking off to the ends of the galaxy at the first sign of trouble. So logistically it makes perfect sense that a few salients would wind up in/around Andromeda, but I do not know what they'd do once there. Probably just continue being space gypsies.

>>145796448
this fella raises a good point
>>
>>145808265
>The amount of fuel that would be required is insane.

I don't think you could even build rockets that are strong enough to lift their own weight to escape velocity in this kind of gravity without mass effect fields, which they didn't seem to have at the time.
>>
>>145808265
I'll confess to having played through (to completion) ME1 5 times, ME2 3 times, and ME3 once, and I still know precisely jack shit about the elcor
>>
>>145808265
asari just wanted some elcor bulls to fuck for a while
>>
>>145809332
there is no mention ever of the ark project in the trilogy so for all intents and purposes you have to assume that it's secret. you can't just "sail along" if you don't know it exists, so it simply makes no sense for the quarians to show up in andromeda because they simply don't know anything is happening.
>>
>>145809361
More importantly, how do they build anything at all? THEY HAVE NO HANDS.
>>
reminder that any non-quar non-ME1 liara waifus are shit

>ashley is a crater or composed entirely of silicon
>miranda is a HUGE bitch (and has a shitty sex scene)
>jack is psychotic AND a bitch
>ME2/ME3 liara is fucking vindictive and psychotic/obsessive/nothing like the qt from ME1
>kelly was cute 10/10
>you can't fuck samara + she's a cold fish
>morinth is FUCKING EVIL AND WILL KILL YOU

tali and me1 liara = only good waifus
>tali; nerdy, shy, exotic, qt flashlight eyes and is definitely not a fucking human with 3 fingers fuck you bioware you cheap ass cunts
>me1 liara; nerdy, shy, still sorta exotic, perfect all around
>>
>>145809725
I think the theory is that a fair amount of quars defected from the fleet before the war with the geth began, and just wound up in Andromeda.

And there's no mention of the Crucible thing in the ME trilogy either, but hey, we got it.

I think the point is that anything is possible when you don't take lore/continuity into consideration, which shouldn't surprise anyone who's played a Bioware game at this point.
>>
>>145810046

Tali best waifu

She meets the Commander as a shy, inexperienced girl and gets swept up in a grand adventure.

and then they meet again, and now she's older, more world-wary, and discovers that she fell in love with the Commander years ago

and her whole loyalty mission and rannoch mission is tailor-made waifu drama
>>
>page 10
I leave you alone for 40 minutes and this is what happens
>>
>>145810046
>>145812275
>Tali
>waifu
hah! good one
>>
>>145814213
Is Western waifu material?
>>
>>145814597
He's persistent, if nothing else
>>
>>145814597

>good grammar
>has job
>knows ME lore
>posts consistently, even in dead threads

Best waifu
>>
>>145808265
>It says that they were contacted as a race by the Asari when they were making their first forays into space travel.
Obviously Asari propaganda. They wanted a warrior slave race like with the krogan but it turns out the elcor is a species of gentle giants. They had no plans on leaving their safe home world before the blue sluts arrived.
>>
>>145814064
I had to be in the car. I can only do so much.
>>
WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO SEE A VARIATION OF ME1s INVENTORY SYSTEM RETURN IN ME:A?
>>
>>145815559
I'd like an inventory system, yes.
>>
>>145815559

I want loot, yes. Fuckin' love loot.
>>
>>145814597
I want to be his waifu.
>>
What position does your waifu prefer?
>>
>>145815710
>>145815771
you know it won't come back in any complex way because it'd overcomplicate things on consoles and since they will dumb it down so that it properly works on consoles and PCs will basically just get a console port, it will be extremely simplified. I mean look at how shitty Skyrim's inventory was, because it had to be dumbed down so that it worked at all on consoles.
>>
>>145814213
Who, pray tell, is your waifu?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.