[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 149
File: elited.png (944 KB, 772x563) Image search: [Google]
elited.png
944 KB, 772x563
neetbux imminent edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.
(A good system is Ray Gateway, Diaguandri)

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/
>>
rip
>>
What happened to the Star Citizen general? You can you walk around in other people's ships and fly around and stuff.
>>
>>144861993
Yeah but it doesn't have VISION.
>>
File: unimpressed.png (94 KB, 260x305) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.png
94 KB, 260x305
So where are the well paying missions? I wanna grind money so I can get myself a combat conda
>>
>>144861993

Features like that only take you so far, especially when the core game is so broken.

Which is the reason why people who think walking around in your ships/stations is somehow going to make Elite so much better are fucking dumb. No amount of fluff is going to save the game if you don't improve core mechanics that bring people to the game in the first place. The AI being revamped was a step in the right direction, but it still needs polish since interdictions are still broken and the game only ever sends really high powered AI at you which can really make the game a chore.
>>
>>144863030

>I wanna grind money so I can get myself a combat conda

Save yourself the pain and don't. All it will do is make you uninstall the game. The grind for the game for you should end at a Python, and Vultures are much more effective at fighting the new AI anyways. Then just have fun I guess until eventually you get money for an Anaconda. It is literally nothing special though and you will feel like shit for wasting your time.
>>
>>144863546
Eh, I've had a Python for a while, fully outfitted for muh multipurpose too. I just want a Conda for when launchable fighters will be a thing
>>
>>144863546
Vulture is best PvE ship now?
What weapon config should I use if I have to have gimballed ?
>>
>>144863715

I'm really not trying to be a faggot and shit on your expectations, but I really wouldn't be that excited about launch fighters. It will probably be a terrible module that will weigh your ship down considerably, and will probably only be able to launch a single Condor that the AI will be able to pop in two hits due to their deadeye accuracy. I will be surprised if they allow you to launch two fighters at a time.

What would be nice is if FD made a dedicated carrier ship that could launch many fighters at once. This would actually break the ship linearity of the ship progression and start introducing dedicated logistic/support ships that would encourage people to wing up. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

>>144863786

Don't take my word for it, I played VERY little of the new update, but I found that the Anaconda was woefully ineffective at fighting the new AI. They were simply too fast and could use their agility to make sure that would would never get your gimbals on them for more than a brief instant. The only way I could imagine using the Annie for PVE is using Engineer mods to give yourself a very strong alpha strike so that the AI would have very little time to react. Turrets would probably help too.

I used a Vulture with 2 gimbaled pulse and found it pretty fun. Invest in the strongest thrusters you can find. Put some hull reinforcement on it and have a SCB with you.
>>
>>144865276
A carrier ship would be fucking great, like you said it would make wings actually fun, just jumping into a system and your mates get in the fighters and go fuck shit up would be great. Shame we'll never ever get it. Never ever.
>>
>>144861993
One is slow as shit with Vision
One is literally a scam or developed by the most money sinking people in the world.

Star Citizen devs are THOSE guys at the office that probably take a break every 20 minutes and drive off home in their audi
>>
>>144861993

Star Citizen is still slowly treading along

There's just not enough content yet to keep a worthy general up all the time
>>
I haven't played since how shit it was at launch, I played with powerplay for like 10min, my ship was broke and my lasers did no damage. Support told me to sell my weapons and buy new ones. I was pretty mad so asked if they are taking the piss, they gave me money to buy new lasers. Game was still shit so I didn't play... Maybe I should stop blogging and just get to the point

Is there stuff to do yet? I just want like combat missions and stuff, to fly around being a dick etc. I'm currently in an Eagle but I heard I got some free ship or some shit for being in beta?
>>
File: 1453680280508.jpg (142 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1453680280508.jpg
142 KB, 1280x1280
>>144866575
>not enough content
oh boy does that sound familiar.
>>
File: 1440887525623.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440887525623.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>144867553

>powerplay

There's your problem. Ftroop recently broke PowerPlay to the point where it isn't worth it in the slightest. You are constantly hounded by faction AI no matter where you go, and the simulation itself is entirely fucked to the point of no return. Powerplay is without a doubt one of the biggest blunders in the history of video game expansions, and that is no exaggeration.

>they gave me money to buy new lasers

They're desperate to keep players, holy shit.

>Is there stuff to do yet?

You can try to collect shit for engineer upgrades if you enjoy collecting mats at the whim of a RNG and then playing wheel of fortune for what upgrade you get. Otherwise the game is still pretty much the same. AI got a boost so they're much smarter now, which is either a good or a bad thing depending on who you ask.

Otherwise the game is basically the same.
>>
Are we getting our 50million or not? Was it rolled back?
>>
>>144868320

Powerplay on paper sounded like it had potential but it really does seem fucked. I just want a space game with stuff to fucking do that's fun reee. Can you at least make good dosh from piracy yet?

Also can you mod the UI yet? The mouse movement indicator they put in just before release fucking triggers me, that giant square that appears in the centre makes it so hard to keep on a target as you just obscure most of it

>>144868598

Why are you guys getting 50mil?
>>
>>144868598
13 hours
>>
File: 20160608175158_1.jpg (177 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160608175158_1.jpg
177 KB, 1600x900
>boot ED since I haven't played in a while
>go to RES to try out new AI I've heard so much about
>be Python with SCBs and all the bells and whistles
>spot mostly harmless python
>75k bounty
>not in a wing
>open fire with 3 large MCs and two med beams
>enemy python somehow parks itself on my ass
>instantly divert 4 pips to eng
>literally can't shake him
>shields down before SCB boots up
>emergency high wake out of there

what the fuck

I know I suck but seriously this is bullshit. I went from full shields to 1% hull in less than 15 seconds and never even stripped a single ring off the enemy's shields
>>
>>144869148
Did you put 4 pepes in SYS?
>>
>>144869148
IT'S LE DARK SOULS OF SPACE SIMS

GIT GUD :^)
>>
>>144869010

Piracy is, paradoxically, one of the most fun and engaging things you can do, but you often operate at a loss because the earnings you get from it are so abysmal that you often have to go into the red to replenish any ammo you used or to repair your ship. And that's assuming you even manage to steal anyone's canisters at all.

Beyond changing the colors by modifying a config file, no, you cannot mod the UI.
>>
>>144869010
Afk turreting at combat zones.
>>
>nobody compliments OC pic I made for OP
Being OP is suffering
>>
File: +rep.jpg (21 KB, 1053x675) Image search: [Google]
+rep.jpg
21 KB, 1053x675
>>144869527
Sorry senpai, I've gotten so jaded to my existence I didn't even notice. But I really like it <3
>>
>>144869148

The AI is supposed to scale with difficulty. I think the intention is for harmless/mostly harmless to have stayed at the same difficulty as pre-patch. I have found that Ftroop has no idea how to balance a game like this, and all AI function mostly the same except with differing loadouts. Trying to take any ship larger than a Vulture into combat is almost always a death sentence unless you have the best thrusters available, best shields, military bulkheads, hull reinforcements, and turrets.
>>
>>144869148
Well the python is heralded as the worst bounty hunting ship right now. And they're not wrong, it's point was always just that that it had a massive power distributor with 3 c3 hardpoints on a medium hull. All it was good for was shooting the target dummies that were pre 2.1 NPCs. Now it's more of a multirole ship you might want to use for this and that for people that quite can't afford a good conda.
>>
>>144869813
yeah but python on python should be pretty evenly matched tho
>>
>>144869813

It used to be a decent multirole, but now it's further cemented as the next step trade ship after the T7 or T6 if you want to keep trading at outposts.
>>
>>144869750
Yeah I feel that the low rank NPCs fly the same attack patterns but just can't keep up with you since they're rocking E graded thrusters.
>>
File: fiendishhound.gif (20 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
fiendishhound.gif
20 KB, 100x100
>>144869527
>dat little gluttony fag
Right on, CMDR o7
>>
>>144869527

i saved your image for future generations, don't worry cmdr. its our equivalent of +rep

cheers

cmdr brabosocks
>>
I wonder if the dadposting will ever attact any actual dads that then think "wow this site is really nice and friendly"
>>
>>144870817
It could happen, look at how 4chan as a whole attracts retards because everyone on this site acts like a fucking mouth breathing mong.

Your tea is ready btw.
>>
>>144863030
prepare your anus for a blog:
>grind determinedly
>175 in total game hours I finally get my A-rated combat conda
>'oh cool let's see what fun I can fit into this!'
>test a fun outfit
>it's fucking useless
>get all pulse lasers
>go grind RES for that Elite combat rank
>realise what the fuck am I doing
>downgrade to an FDL, make it a fun loadout with 4 rails
>grief dads
Just do something that's fun, don't grind for an endgame ship that will eventually just let you down because the new AI will outmaneuver you.

SIRA FOR LIFE
>>
File: ayy.png (1011 KB, 810x1759) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
1011 KB, 810x1759
But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.
>>
>>144872368
Do we have to see this every single thread?
>>
File: 1446071096720.jpg (433 KB, 1500x999) Image search: [Google]
1446071096720.jpg
433 KB, 1500x999
>>144872368
>>
File: rep.png (1 KB, 140x88) Image search: [Google]
rep.png
1 KB, 140x88
>>
>>144872540
This is a dead thread so I'll let you in on a secret

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/17/best-space-games/4/
>>
File: 1431312864376.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1431312864376.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUh6qV7biB0
>>
>>144865276
>gimballed pulse
fixed is more fun though (and higher dmg), unless maybe you're looking to grind RES daily, I'm currently in a trade/etc Asp but isn't the Vulture as or more manoeuvrable than a Cobra?
>>
>>144873821

I really have no idea about which is more agile, but it's a very trivial difference, and the punch the Vulture packs more than makes up for it. The Cobra is much faster though and quite tanky for its size, so it can usually break off if it needs to.
>>
>>144873765
Didn't think player base was big enough to make shit like this
>>
File: you're a funny guy.jpg (60 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
you're a funny guy.jpg
60 KB, 300x300
>>144873765
>forumdads discover vintage downfall meme
>exume it to make their own unfunny version like a million unfunny versions before wasn't enough
Might as well tell them about cackling toothless spaniard.
>>
>>144874431
>Dads discover memes
Please no
>>
>>144871486
Can the FDL work for piracy?
Are the internal slots enough?
>>
>>144874568
>he doesn't know
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76212
>>
So I realized I grinded to a max kitted vulture with 30 million and a fully kitted exploring ASP to spare and then quit the game, without ever engaging any players. I think I'd like to try some piracy or maybe just kill some older men. Any tips for this?
>>
File: formk.png (38 KB, 1269x167) Image search: [Google]
formk.png
38 KB, 1269x167
Who said dads were casuals?
>>
>>144875332
All this unfunny shit
>Look, wive's son, i posted a myhm!
>>
File: 1366308545680.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1366308545680.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>144875332
>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76212
Ahahaha, there's that butthurt Bowie fangirl posting Bowie portraits all of the sudden amongst all the facebook memery.

Golden.
>>
>>144873821
>fixed

Fixed weapons are cancer. I cannot fucking use them to save my life. Even though I fly a vulture. ESPECIALLY anything that has a travel time.
>>
>>144876332
You just have to practice using them a little. For 2 fixed beams to your vulture and fight stuff for an hour or two. They get much easier to use over time.
>>
>>144876858
>beams
Why not pulse?
Or railguns
>>
>>144876332
Pulse and every other laser is hitscan though,so why intentionally do lower dmg plus be vulnerable to chaff?
>>
>>144877146
I don't think Vulture can handle rail guns, too power hungry
>>
>>144877938
Because I'm shit at aiming them and miss a lot.

Imma go practice with fixed pulse lasers on my vulture now.
>>
I'm at 9% rank4 for for that fsd granny engineer. Roughly how much more exploration data do I need for rank 5?
>>
>>144878836
Trip to the center and back on fuel-efficiency mode should do it
>>
>>144878074
Sorry I missed that part, I was curious about the better hardpoint placement on the Vulture though, it's supposed to be pretty nice.
>>
>>144878836
At exactly the same point, ~3M was for 1-5 so guessing maybe half that or less.
>>
>>144876332

Are fixed weapons still objectively not worth using even if you can aim?
>>
>>144878074
>>144879238
>fit fixed pulse lasers
>go to a low RES for some ezmodo target practice
>enemy power play npcs spawn on me while im fighting a DBE
>DBE dies so fucking slowly because lack of damage uptime compared to gimballed

yeah fixed can go suck a dick.
>>
Any speculations about E3 announcements are Frontiers even going?
>>
>>144880567
New season of CQC tournaments.
>>
ded
>>
>>144880743

>cqc tournaments

They need to completely delete all mentions of CQC and powerplay from the forums and wipe them from the game and pretend they didnt happen. I cant think of any other updates in any game that were as useless and made the game worse as those.
>>
>>144884262
I would play CQC/Arena if there was a game mode for multi crew and it was something like capital ship vs capital ship or maybe capital ship vs (what ever number would be balanced) FDL's.
>>
>>144869750
unironically get good. seriously, the AI is more difficult but its not by a long shot impossible to engage in ships larger than a vulture

quit memeing
>>
>>144886359
It's kind of ridiculous how a courier/viper mk iv can take shields down from a cutter/vette tho. FDEv needs to balance damage/defense in favor of big ships and not the other way around. It's been like that throughout elites lifespan and it's just more apparent now.
>>
>>144886684
i don't have any qualms with smaller ships winning against larger ships but i agree right now they're outputting too much damage. the AI wench gave a lot of them inaccurate damage for weapon size and class
>>
>>144880567
Character creation that should have been along side multi crew. I mean what the fuck, the character creation is useless by itself but it's one major updates the expansion has.

>planetary landing
>engineers
>character creation???
>multi crew
>ship launched fighters
>land on lava planets?
This shit should have been on the planetary landing update
>>
I think I want to try some pvp piracy. Is that even possible? Im in LHS 3447, ready to go. If I were to interdict someone, would the cops just show up immediately? Also, are interdictions illegal, or am I fine until I engage?
>>
>>144887206
Why the fuck would the do character creation before anything else?
There wouldn't even be a way to look at yourself.
They should have done multi-crew first, have everyone walk in helmets, and then worry about face creation. I guess there were reasons...
>>
>>144887206
>>land on lava planets?
hahaha no
>>
>>144886684
Yeah, but it's a weird thing to try and balance. On the one hand I want to be able to have any ship be viable, I lament the fact that I cannot use an Imperial Eagle because it wouldn't dent anything worthwhile. On the other hand I don't want to be fucked over in my Anaconda by some dick in a Viper.

I think what Frontier needs to do is add some form of upgrade system for ships. Like Engineers but not dogshit and you can do it with credits. For instance, spending 100,000,000 to overhaul an Imperial Eagle or any low tier ship and give it tier 8/7/6/whatever slots to make it viable to use on a larger basis. The one thing I hate about the game is the clicker game-esque system of grind for this ship, then grind in that ship for this other ship. I hate abandoning ships, especially when you form a sentimental attachment to them through adverse conditions.

The game sorely needs depth and I think one of the ways to start with that is by making it so the player can turn any ship into a ship they can own forever. I loved my type-9 but the jump range is shit, let me spend my credits to upgrade it's slots to higher tiers.
>>
>>144887427
Interdictions are a 200 or 400?? credit fine.
It won't work. Every traderdad runs away and every sensible person just combat logs.

You can try some hardcore roleplaying and they might play along with you. If you are trying to be a dick just kill them so they don't get to run away.
>>
>>144887427
>is it illegal to interdirect
If they're not wanted yes
>do cops show up
I wouldn't know. Sidewinders I killed in Ervate died too fast for me to find out
>>
>>144887798
t-tier 8 slots on an imp eagle?
>>
>>144888041
It was just an example, I just hate the fact that ships rapidly become useless, and to progress further you have to abandon your shipfu's.
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>>144887739
It would be cool for 5 min
>>
>>144888585
Brabo said something like "we don't know if lava planets will be availabe during season 2, can't promise that" during his recent leddit AMA.

Don't get your hopes up.

Nice dad joke btw.
>>
>>144888914
What the fuck are they doing in that studio all day?
>>
>>144889176
masturbatory self-congratulation
>>
>>144889176
Planet coaster.
>>
Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to lave tomorrow.
>>
>>144887903
>>144887819
well damn, that was easier than expected once I ditched the piracy part. Melted two sidewinders, but this wasn't nearly as satisfying as I would have thought.
I'll go into character and confuse them a little from now on
>>
>>144890530
>but this wasn't nearly as satisfying as I would have thought
Summarized the entire game right there
>>
Do I grind for 4 hours to rank up once to get FAS or just spend the money on a vulture?
>>
File: 1428788014184.jpg (154 KB, 1451x822) Image search: [Google]
1428788014184.jpg
154 KB, 1451x822
Don't die yet
>>
guys got a question,
how do i ACTUALLy rank up?
i am 100% on first empire rank (i should be outsider) but it sitll says NONE.
I see i have to do some kind of mission to actually get the rank but where do i find it?
>>
>>144895952
Naval ascension missions on mission bbs.
You have to get a good reputation with a minor faction that is aligned with the federation or the empire.

tl;dr
GRIND MISSIONS
>>
>>144888131
Agreed. I love my DBS, it's like a space attack helicopter. But two mediums and two small hard points combined with little in the way of shields or armor, it just doesn't cut it anymore. I've since upgraded to a Vulture, but it just feels...soulless.

I'd easily drop a couple million Brabenbux to upgrade individual hardpoints and modules.
>>
File: 359320_20160607230122_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
359320_20160607230122_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>144895952
You have to do a special ascension mission, if you can find it. They used to be called "Naval ascension opportunity" now they are sort of hidden and disguised like the screenshot.
>>
File: 1318804615655.jpg (81 KB, 562x453) Image search: [Google]
1318804615655.jpg
81 KB, 562x453
>Its the older demographic that are the sensible ones. Why? Because they actually remember what it was like to play old video games, that were you know pretty hard in most cases.

>Players these days don't have a clue, they want everything on a plate and they want it now, because they are self entitled.

avoid the forums if you don't want to give yourself a stroke
>>
>>144898038
Goddam it, now I'm mad.

I don't want to be handed everything on a plate. I just want Ftroop to FIX THEIR GODDAMN GAME LIKE THEY'RE BEING PAID TO. LAZY ASS BONGS I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
>>144898038
>attempting to argue with the dads

there's no point tbqh, they harp on and on about "posting constructive criticism" but when you actually do they just dog pile it with illogical fallacies.

Now i'm just shitposting to see how long till i get banned
>>
I'm honestly convinced that some of these "dads" are really paid shills doing damage control for fdev.

There's no way some of these people actually believe what they're saying, the lack of self awareness is amazing
>>
is Imperial Courier worth buying for anythnig?
it seems kinda meh
>>
>>144901271
It is meh, it's okay for a fun little fighter, other than that it's shit. Which is unfortunate desu senpai as I would really like to use it for LRS.
>>
>>144901452
i am close to 12-13 mil credits so i am thinking which ship is actually useful and fun...
i am just doing missions in ASP explorer so far.
It is good thanks to jump range but ugh... i want some fucking edgy ship
>>
>>144902070
guess i should've gone with federation
>>
File: Elite Dangerous Core (5).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Elite Dangerous Core (5).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>3k Ly from Sol
>first one to discover the planet
>found this
>>
File: Elite Dangerous Core (6).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Elite Dangerous Core (6).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>144905629
Also there is this pyramid shaped mountain inside the biggest crater on the planet
>>
>>144905846
it's aliums mang
>>
Sothis still giving decent pay?
>>
>>144907142
Depends on what your definition of decent pay is.
>>
>>144907579
I just want to know how much average you can get per mission, and the trader rank you might need to get it.
>>
>>144908072
Last time I was there, a few days ago now, I was getting some 8,000,000cr missions, cargo requirements were mostly 70+ though so you can't take many. I was entrepreneur at the time.
>>
>>144905629
this shit is stupid, over 1-2k Ly they should just turn it off

>jumping along a series of undiscovered systems
>USS appears, contains a ship wreck
>about to jump out and a rescue conda appears

its undiscovered but apparently the coastguard leaves no man behind
>>
https://coriolis.io/outfit/fer_de_lance/4pktfFalidpsif30x1b1b1b1b040404040404B25e5e2o24.AwRj4yNZiA==.CwBhGYzAmXYRkUkjjCA=?bn=FDL

How can I improve this?
>>
>>144905629
are those new ground textures anon?
>>
What happens if you try and fly into a planets atmosphere without Horizons?
>>
>>144914990
magical wall
>>
>>144914990
The game grinds to a halt and switches to Frontier's shop page where a short trailer for Horizons plays and Braben's CGI head floats around and asks for your credit card information.

If you decline, every Forumdad in the vicinity is notified and added to your friend list where they will tell nonstop anecdotes about how much they like forcing their children to watch them play..
>>
>>144914990
this >>144915298
but its currently bugged so magical wall
>>
Is Horizons worth getting yet?
>>
>>144920059
no

literally all you get are planetside stations that do the same thing as orbital stations, boring off-roading and infinite grind rngneers
>>
>>144875572

You might think combat would be a real bitch in a Sidey but it's the trading that'll be the end of this guy.
>>
>>144877146
>>144878051

Huge waste of 2xC3HP too.
>>
>>144879461
>implying time off target
>fly Vulture
>spend 100% of the time so far up the enemy's tailpipe my ship needs to be surgically removed afterward
>>
>>144920059
Fuck no. Engineers is a complete bust and landing on planets is still a shit fest. I don't understand how people play this game still. There's fuck all to do

>Log in because want to fly my Cutter
>Realize that I don't want to sit through five loading screens to do the same thing I was doing a year ago
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUh6qV7biB0
>>
>>144929815
>NPC AI then uses ai cheats to turn on a dime while boosting away and corkscrewing behind you and popping chaff in a python/anaconda

what now
>>
>>144929906
this was already posted

but it's good to see this video getting views
>>
>>144929930
just put pips into sys
>>
>>144929930

Except they don't. They're a bit better now about allocating pips to engines, managing their blue zone and/or using boost + lateral thrust to tighten their turning circle but they are literally incapable of the sort of boost-and-invert FA-Off maneuvers any competent player can do. You can even exploit their power management to alpha them as soon as you see their engines flare up for a boost turn because they're not keeping pips in SYS during that.

Also,
>fixed weapons
>chaff

gitgud4srs
>>
>>144929853
>I don't understand how people play this game still.

Give it time. People are checking out the update, but a month from now there will be 1.5k people online. (so basically Mobius)
>>
>>144929930
It's like this. The AI doesn't use the handling specs that players do, their limitations are in their AI package. The problem is that at some point when initially programming them, a certain someone just copy/pasted the specs from the first ship to speed things along. The first ship of course is the Freewinder. Now as time went on, she probably forgot she did that and has been messing with behaviors and "pattern recognition" instead and has no idea what anyone means when they say the AI is cheating, because like much of the Frontier staff, she of course has never played the game. Of course, on the other hand, maybe she did go back and change those specs to what they should have been and some other dev just took them out without telling anyone. It has happened before and more than once.
>>
>>144929930
>>144930807

The AI can't actually even turn off flight assist. Everything it does is with FA on.

What it does have that humans don't is inhuman control and awareness of its surroundings. For example the AI can time pip management perfectly and knows exactly where you are in relation to them even if you're out of view from their canopy.
>>
>>144930807
>Except they don't

Different anon here. I seldom log in any longer, but every time I do I watch NPCs pull off shit maneuvers like that

>Engage a wanted Deadly ranked Asp Explorer in a vulture
>Get on his tail
>He rotates in place and five seconds later is staring me down firing at my face

I'm fully aware of the capabilities of the Asp E as I've used it for very many hours, and I know it's not capable of rotating in place like that in the middle of combat.
>>
when does PP end? 3 hours?
>>
File: 18_Starchart.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
18_Starchart.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>
File: Despair.jpg (107 KB, 1600x1143) Image search: [Google]
Despair.jpg
107 KB, 1600x1143
>>144936062
>What could have been
>>
>>144936062
>>144936320
No shit. This is so much better than what we ended up getting.
>>
>>144936320
>>144936062
I held hope for awhile that they would put out the orrery view, but I know now that they are too incompetent to make it work
>>
>>144936320
I feel like the entire game is one giant "what could have been" at times.
>>
So uhh, anyone interested in the Formidine Rift story?
>>
>>144938425
It's not going to go anywhere meaningful

it never does
>>
>>144936804
>at times
>not all the time
>>
>>144938628
b-but it's supposed to be something scarier than Thargoids
>>
>>144938793
This disaster of an update is scarier then the thargoids
>>
File: 1321447165296.jpg (35 KB, 429x468) Image search: [Google]
1321447165296.jpg
35 KB, 429x468
>>144938930
true
>>
>>144938930
I just want some cool mysterious story thing to ponder and discuss like the unknown artefacts were when they first popped up, but it seems the Formidine Rift stuff is dead in the water until we get nudged in the right direction or someone randomly stumbles across something.

Speaking of the unknown artefacts I was pretty fucking disappointed when I found out the noises they make are just a coded line art of a nearby ship. There's more to their story I'm sure but still.
>>
>>144938425
Yeah dude, i've been delving into the story hardcore

but i concur with >>144939443 , even drew himself said we have to wait for the story to develop further since currently its a needle in 400 billion star haystack. biding my time and watching galnet i suppose
>>
>>144941214
Drew posted April 25th he was expecting a Galnet article to go live but it didn't show up and he didn't know why.

I think it still hasn't shown up, assuming he meant something to do with Kahina/Salome/the Rift.

It's vexing that he says it's not as simple as going and finding a POI and that's it, yet it's supposedly out there to be found now, and has been since gamma builds.
>>
>>144938425
I discovered this a couple days ago and im researching material constantly since. I did the same thing for the UA mystery and back then I came to the conclusion that whatever is related to it has to be in the orion nebula. And well, that nebula ended up getting a bunch of permit locks this patch.

As for the rift, I am not a fan of the brute force method. When i have enough leads that point me at specific systems I will go out and investigate, but not sift through the rift for months. Also i theorize that either 1) you have to play in open to get the encounter or 2) only people who have only played in open exclusively can get the encounter
>>
>>144941930
i'm guessing it's permit locked or otherwise obscured until we do something back in the core

my assumption being the old woman's message, kahina's tiara being left and its connections with ishtar; "getting permission", and the core of the problem stuff.
>>
>>144942731
>whatever is related to it has to be in the orion nebula
Care to share how you came to that conclusion? What do you make of jettisoned UAs always pointing to Merope?

>When i have enough leads that point me at specific systems I will go out and investigate, but not sift through the rift for months.
Yeah I agree 100% with this. Still I have an urge to go out there just for something to do. Then again I haven't logged in since Powerplay. I don't even own Horizons...

>1) you have to play in open to get the encounter or 2) only people who have only played in open exclusively can get the encounter
I dunno about that. That seems like quite a stretch, especially #2.

>>144942742
>my assumption being the old woman's message, kahina's tiara being left and its connections with ishtar; "getting permission", and the core of the problem stuff.
Well if you interpret it that way, Salome as Ishtar, permission has already been granted, since she has already removed her tiara and passed the first gate.
>>
>>144943525
Orion, the hunter, is linked to the Pleiades, particularly merope. Orion 'pursues' merope, he basically looks on to the pleiades. The UAs are his eyes with which he looks upon the sisters, so to speak. Merely probes of course, but it does give a very strong lead to the orion nebula. There are more connections, odysseus, for example, but that lead nowhere. I concluded that the leads just end at the orion nebula. Shortly after Horizons came out and when the barnacles were found they have that symbol depicting the orion nebula as it looks from about as far away as the pleiades are to it. I don't think theres more to this yet, or maybe whatever new they put in has not been discovered yet. What did change is that we now have a whole lot of permit locked systems over there.

I'm really just working on the engineers right now, once I get a FSD grade 5 upgrade on my conda, I will be ready to try the trip.

As for your third point, this is something that fdev has promoted since the beginning of the game. The rewards for being the first elite and triple elite player were only eligible to those who have never once played in anything but open play. Fdev still constantly and always says for each of their employees that they only play in open. So here we have the statement "Whether it is found or not depends entirely on who goes looking.". It strongly implies that there are people who quite literally can't find it. Or perhaps the wording was just too ambigious. But the thought is in the back of my head and this would mean i don't qualify.
>>
>>144943525
Right, but as far as that extends to us and the players finding it, that means we need to get "permission" too. And with how many permit locked systems there are, it makes me think some sort of event needs to occur in the core for us to properly be able to explore the mystery of the Rift.

/autism
>>
>>144944595
>It strongly implies that there are people who quite literally can't find it. Or perhaps the wording was just too ambigious.
I hope it was just ambiguous. Promoting open-play and locking what I would consider important story content to it are two extremely different things.

>they have that symbol depicting the orion nebula
Personally I think it matches the Large Magellanic Cloud quite well, but I haven't seen it compared to the Orion nebula.

>>144944715
I know a lot more permit locked systems popped up with 2.1, but I haven't heard of anyone spotting any in the area we think the Rift occupies.

Drew's said there's no rank requirement to find whatever it is, but I just re-read this and had a thought:

>How might certain player groups who may or may not be patrolling the rift improve their efforts?

>I'd suggest following Michael Brookes' advice and put some guns on your exploration vessel!

What if it's some kind of encounter or signal source that only triggers if your ship is armed? Then again, with the Children of Raxxla out there patrolling I'm sure there's at least a few armed ships.
>>
I plan to have a basic setup for combat on my conda when I go there, it's not a big deal, the weapons aren't all that massive and maybe I'll have to do 10 more jumps total on the way there but who cares about that eh. It doesn't necessarily mean that we will be fighting against ships, but it could be something like a cargo rack that you shoot open to make it drop its contents, you can't do that with ramming.

However we know that this thing to be found has been in the game since before it released fully. That means the game mechanics involved come down to what was possible then. So here we're looking at either (a)signal sources,(b) a playership used by an affiliate or employee at fdev - similar to salome, i dont know what the deal is with salome and fdev but if they go through the trouble of having an actual human interact with the community like this it is not far fetched to think that the same player that plays salome is waiting for someone to arrive in the system we're looking for. Or (c), something waiting to be found like the voyager 2 probe. It is not on your radar until you get close enough and so it is entirely possible that the system has already been completely scanned including every moon during the brute force method but missed the important piece, something, that is simply much more likely to be found if you manage to figure out the mystery through the clues.
>>
>>144946247
Wow, now we have genuine canonn dads here.

Calm down your autism and just wait for ftroop to point you good sirs to your "mystery".
>>
File: best update.png (16 KB, 699x89) Image search: [Google]
best update.png
16 KB, 699x89
oh leddit
>>
File: exciting.png (82 KB, 311x395) Image search: [Google]
exciting.png
82 KB, 311x395
>>144913402
>Nothing but Gimbals
>Nothing but Shield boosters
>SCB's with no heat sinks

Nigger the fuck you doing. The new AI spam chaff like nobody's business, get some fixed weapons. Also the engineers made multi-cannons op, so keep that in mind. You need to have heat sinks if you are using shield banks, and chaff is never a bad idea.

>Docking computer
Learn to fly your ship.
>>
>>144946247
I'm not sure I like that there is a player Salome. From what I hear it's actually just a player. Maybe it is someone that works at FD just doing it in their spare time, but Drew's said that the player Salome doesn't have any special abilities and is limited by everything any player is limited by. Meaning she can't teleport around the galaxy. She also moves between open/solo/private group mode, and should only be considered in character when in open.

I wonder what they would do if someone found her in open and killed her.

I doubt the thing to be found is something like a probe or some NPC, that seems to similar to a simple POI which we've been told isn't correct.
>>
>>144913402
What are you going to use it for? RES grind?
Take fixed beam at least so you can do damage when the enemy pops chaff.

>>144898038
Visit the gulag only for hilarious screen caps of logical fallacies and dad level insanity.
>>
>>144946971
Well, we know what to look for in terms of clues. It's gonna be in that reclamation thing, but all the clues have been extracted from that, so now we are left with galnet and then relevant folklore and mythology related to the terms coming up there. I'm not moving out until I have some sort of theory what the 'core of the problem' means and which galnet articles are actually related to it. I'm not sure about the Halsey stuff
>>
>>144947649
Do you think there's any connection to the Emperor's marriage and illness?
>>
>>144946873
gimbals are great for killing PP, and you can just un-target and use them like fixed when ai chaffs
>>
>>144947959
The only thing i can tie to this is some statement given that when we find whats in the rift, it will 'spread out really fast'. Sounds like a virus or disease kinda thing. Or just news. Ambiguous again. I do think that all of these events are there for a reason, since each article is some writers task for his assigned storyline. Can of course be only a leadup to the emperor race through power play, too. I wouldn't rule out the article anyhow.
>>
>>144860847
I like you OP
>>
File: 20160606214429_1.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160606214429_1.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_assault_ship/2pktkFflndpsif41epa1b1b04040l004a5j33f36b0e.AwRj4yqA.IwBhrSutiA==?bn=Federal%20Enforcer

Is my build a shit?

>inb4 gimbals

I'm a lazy fuck and i don't feel like actually gitting gud, i just want to grind RES and have fun making cash.
>>
>>144948817
Notbad/10
The only thing I would change is get a bi-weave and swap out one of the boosters for a heat sink. Your shields are already so low that the boosters will only slow down the recharge time.
Why did you choose a frag over MC?
>>
File: when the vision kicks in.gif (976 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
when the vision kicks in.gif
976 KB, 300x172
>>144875332
>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76212
A new breed of froumdads
>>
File: 20160606215612_1.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160606215612_1.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
>>144949274
Because frags are fun, and i love seeing that hull percentage drop when i land all three shots at close range.
>>
If I wanted to actually attempt piracy, should I aim for NPCs or players?

I'm currently sitting in a FAS with 35 million cash float so I can afford a couple of deaths.

page 10 bump
>>
I dont entirely understand Horizons, what exactly do I get if I buy it? Is it just the ability to fly down to barren planets and drive a scarab around?
>>
>>144954163
You can grind RNGineer upgrades for your ship!
Don't buy it.
>>
>>144954043
Players can and will just boost away or combat log.
>>
>>144954278
Are NPC cargo hold contents random or do they correspond to their rank and/or ship?
>>
>>144931516
Yeah, it can. Most ships can. Reverse throttle in the blue zone and you can flip over easily in the face of a pursuer. They can't go all the way around the outside of your turn circle when you flip this way.
>>
Did 4chan die for an hour?
>>
>>144946971
>>144947649
Most likely, all of this shit isn't actually turned on in the game yet. fdev wants things to move at their pace. Like the UA's, they didn't point at Merope until 2.0 and even though fdev said there were barnacles there since Horizons came out, not a single one was found with people scouring those planets day and night until an hour after a patch hit.

So for Raxxla, the rift, whatever, it will be undiscoverable and not active in game until someone gets close or fdev decides it's time and then suddenly there will be a random patch that fixes fuck all (and maybe moves jacques station) and everyone will find suddenly find it right there in the open.

This is the laziest way to run a story, half the people are going to lose interest before anything is revealed.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 559x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 559x363
Right on CMDRs! o7
>>
>>144960485
aww yiss
>>
>>144954043
If you want to actually pirate players have a pre-prepared message ready to paste into the chat box and do it in something like a Cutter that will mass lock retards otherwise people will just boost or log out.
>>
/edg/
What are the best ways to gain faction ranks post-2.1? I loathe the idea of doing 800+ missions just to get my Corvette or Cutter.
>>
Whats the best way to earn money in this game? A friend just bought it against my advice and he wants a better ship. I think we should just do trade routes or missions in the starting systems for the fun of being interdicted, but hes not feeling that idea.
>>
>>144961958
none, welcome to elite dangerous brabogelion
You can(not) gain ranks

>>144962687
smuggling missions
>>
>weapon numbers deobfuscated
>maneuverability rating still exists
Is there a current compiled database of all the ships or do I need to start running tests myself?
>>
File: 1464311272896.png (1 MB, 900x4241) Image search: [Google]
1464311272896.png
1 MB, 900x4241
>>144962904
asp is the best ship
>>
>>144962850
is the robigo run still viable? Surely thats been nerfed? I havent played since last year
>>
File: visiond.png (301 KB, 390x510) Image search: [Google]
visiond.png
301 KB, 390x510
>>144963053
dunno, there is significant boost to minimum mission cargo and there is 20 max missions limit

but the long range missions are still there
you just have to have enough vision to bear through it

pic related captcha
>>
>>144963053
Theres trading that requires more cargo, but is even MORE profitable than Robigo per tonne. Without the NPC's interdicking you. I just made 70mil a run!
>>
File: 20160609095326_1.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160609095326_1.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
>>144963453
Holy fuck where is this goddamn millitary intellegence I've searched like 20 unidentified signal sources
>>
>>144964975
They made them more complex. Go scan the nav beacon in the system. It'll point you to a planet. Orbit the planet until a special blue USS shows up. If you're unlucky, pirates will show up in the middle of your scooping adventure. Also depending on how far away the USS is from the planet, your scoopables can be falling towards the planet.
>>
>>144965520
how the fuck do you scan a nav beacon
>>
>>144965586
Just get up in its instance and target it and fly up to it. It'll do it automatically. Try not to get your ass eaten by all the pirates hanging out next to it.
>>
File: 20160609100646_1.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160609100646_1.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>144965520
Thanks m80
>>
File: 20160609104209_1.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160609104209_1.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>144965973
Motherfucker that mission didn't make me rank up. Goddamn it.
>>
Does anyone actually play CQC i've been sat here for about 7 years now trying to find a match
>>
>>144968614
They will be disguised like >>144896662
. They will still mention "Imperial Navy" or whatever navy. The two missions I managed to find did anyway.
>>
>>144968614
Of course it, didn't you have to do like 2 or 3. They wouldn't realistically expect you to be worthy after one good deed!
t. brabo and the design boyz

>>144968640
No. The Beta had a total of 150 players and the released CQC hit like 500 for the first week
>>
>>144963009
>mfw there is nothing in between vulture and python except shitty ass orca for players without imperial/federal rank

>getting rank is now absolute hell

fuck
>>
>>144970706
This is why I made sure to grind out Rear Admiral and Duke before the update. Of course this means that I now have zero reason to play the game any longer.
>>
>>144968640

No. Just like Powerplay, it's a terrible mess that no one gives a single shit about. I actually sat for about an hour trying to find a match to no luck. Just more dev time they pissed away instead of polishing the game.
>>
Why the fuck are there no planetary based community goals? It would be nice to see other people actually going in and out of the planet stations.
>>
>>144970706

Orca is really fun to fly if you give absolutely no shit about anything else. Will also be pretty comfy if walking around ships comes out.
>>
>>144973209
They thought the combat oriented pvp griefers and adhd-shooter-fans would like it...
>>
>>144973228
Because a total of one thousand people have Horizons, so they probably don't want to alienate the other three thousand people that don't have it.
>>
>>144973228
Because poor fags would start crying "le Jew devs lock events behind DLC"
>>
>>144973365

Ever since I saw that reasoning way back last year before Horizons was even, well, on the horizon, I began to question what in fuck's holy name was seriously going through Sandro's head.

>people are complaining about muh grieffers and muh carebears
>lets give the pvp crowd an off game shithead so they can fuck off and stop complaining

It's too bad too, because a lot of CQC looks pretty damn cool.

Fighting around stations? In derelict zones? Large wreckage fields? Just above a planetary atmosphere? Now why the fuck don't we actually have this IN THE ACTUAL GOD DAMN GAME instead of a complete separate mode that they shit out and everyone forgot about literally a month later?

Why don't they use their fucking love of RNG and create missions that generate random small outposts in deadspace that you are tasked with flying to and destroying? Or docking and rescuing a hostage? Why not have a RNG big ass station that gets generated as a WING mission that you have to wing up with to have any hope of completing, where you have to fight off the security and then destroy key structures around the station to cripple it and then destroy it, to foster people to play in open or atleast to wing up? Why the fuck did they take these ideas and butcher them in another mode that they clearly had no idea how to design?

I really hope atleast Sandro is happy with what he's doing. I should send a letter to Ftroop personally thanking him for single handedly ruining the game.
>>
>>144973351
I was under the impression that orca was a garbage fluff ship though.
>>
>>144974773
You already have to wing up to have any hope of completing a mission that takes place at a +++ planetary outpost, given that they are now patrolled by constantly respawning system security ships.
>>
>>144974773
>Why the fuck don't we actually have this in the actual god damn game

Because Frontier are full of incompetence. Look at what order they're developing everything. They included worthless weapon upgrades prior to having significant content in their damn game.
>>
>>144976398
They should have had a way to gain rep for every engineer without making useless mods, and then made those mods static with zero RNG, and increased the materials required to get them. Yeah we'd have the grind but RNG wouldn't fuck us at the last minute that way.

Oh an add some fucking module / commodity / material / data storage for fucks sake.
>>
>no pp faction is expanding for two weeks now
lololo devs still can't fix the AI. I bet pp dads are mad
>>
>>144976691
powerplay folks are fucking furious, even well known community leaders are coming out and saying they fdev fucked it all up.
>>
>>144976691

>trying at all to fix pp

I stand by my statement that they should just scrap it and start over. The whole concept of PP is total fucking garbage and not even adamant roleplaying redditors that spend literal hours upon hours trying to coordinate and rein in retards that do nothing but grind merits hate it.
>>
>>144976691
NPCs have been fucked up for a very long time now. Nobody significant noticed it though because of their retarded death spirals. And it wasn't obvious until plasma accelerators were being rapid fired.
>>
>>144976691
what happened to the AI cunt after the three little piggies incident
>>
>>144960391
If it's bugged it's bugged. But it is supposed to be here and this is made clear through official statements.
>>
>>144960391
Just woke up, but yeah. That's what happened to me with the UA story, I got bored as fuck waiting for it to develop.

I only learned about the ship line art decoded from the sounds and them pointing at Merope well after the fact, when I got curious again and looked for new info on the forums.
>>
>>144979032

Nothing. What did you expect them to do?
>>
How's that cash money reward looking for PP?
>>
>>144982440
Make a fun game

but that is apparently asking for too much
>>
>>144984108
Got mine, 50 m as expected.
>>
>>144984807
I'll have to check when I get off work. I raised 40k merits. Lets see if I'll get all 200m in a couple weeks.
>>
>>144860847
i feel op pic should be an animated gif with the furry winking
>>
File: 1465452690012.jpg (84 KB, 803x790) Image search: [Google]
1465452690012.jpg
84 KB, 803x790
who /KWA/ here?
>>
>>144974773
I'm a pvp griefer asshole and I do like it tho
>>
>>144986737
oh sorry thought you were talking about the better npc's and not the cqc shitfest

incidentally I sort of like the cqc shitfest too but that wasn't my point
>>
>you will never be this autistic
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uPoL_ylM-ELUZxMEFFWlZKQlE/view
>>
>>144986891
cqc got fucked with 2.1 they "rebalanced" it to make it so that the higher unlocks are flat out upgrades to the lower level stuff which defeats the point of an arena mode.
>>
>>144987009
that's kind of cool someone put that together for vidya t b h
>>
File: Euphoricman.png (36 KB, 162x160) Image search: [Google]
Euphoricman.png
36 KB, 162x160
>that one guy who always ends his posts with "Cheers cmdr's"
>>
>>144987226
Uhu. He sure earned his PhD in Autism.
>>
Known Forum Dad worst offenders

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang

Can anyone else think of any more?
>>
>>144990651

Marc_Hicks and RedAnders are some of the most aggressive forum dads I've ever seen. They get riled up very easily if you say the game is anything short of perfect.
>>
>>144990651
Anyone who is a member of the "teabaggers" CG group.
>>
File: 1451750202474.png (221 KB, 349x320) Image search: [Google]
1451750202474.png
221 KB, 349x320
>>144990651
>Ziggy Stardust

That guy is such a fucking smug asshole holy fuck
>>
File: 1453845463560.jpg (27 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1453845463560.jpg
27 KB, 295x295
>>144988552
>one guy
>>
>>144990886
RedAnders is fun, he can say whatever he wants but if you respond you'll get a dev or mod telling you to stop flaming.
>>
>>144990651
Updated

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang
>Marc_Hicks
>RedAnders

any more?
>>
>another week of no CGs because muh rise to power
>>
File: 1464724395711.jpg (133 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1464724395711.jpg
133 KB, 720x400
>>144991083
He's actually hilarious.

He's shitck is being all smug, ironic and cool except he looses his temper rather quickly and turns into pissy bitchboy.

Actually, many forumdads see themselves as cool and ironic wise guys. It's a common form of delusion running through the gulag whole.
>>
>>144991223
Max Factor
Bitstorm
OriginalBadBoy
Chris Simon

Those are all i can think of at the top of my head
>>
>>144991223
h347h
>>
>drop in on distress call
>pirates attacking traders
>start attacking pirates
>traders and escort open fire on me
Thanks braben
>>
will faction rep grinding ever get better? fuck, why didn't i do this pre-patch
>>
>>144992897
And the escorts chased me out of the distress call, what the fuck
>>
>>144991223
Updated list of infamous Forum dads

>Pecisk
>Ziggy Stardust
>Bacalao
>GluttonyFang
>Marc_Hicks
>RedAnders
>Max Factor
>Bitstorm
>OriginalBadBoy
>Chris Simon
>h347h

This list is getting big...
>>
>>144993190
>This list is getting big...
Are you surprised?
>>
>>144993319
sadly, no
>>
>>144993478
The surprising bit is more how short the list is so far.
>>
>very rare material from a 10ly data transport mission
Thank you vision
>>
>>144993572
I'm sure theres more

I just felt like making a list of them, since it's always the same repeat offenders shitposting in every thread.

they go on and on about how "people should just make constructive criticism instead of just whining :^)" then proceed to shitpost and derail every thread that tries to do so.

it's always the same people, and i'm just sick of seeing it.
>>
I'm convinced from a design perspective that supercruise is the wrench in the cog of this entire game. Supercruise is the primary reason the game is empty with nothing to do. Incompetence is the secondary reason of course, that and not enough $$$ from kickstarter
>>
>>144994287
Well back in their day they enjoyed space sandboxes and weren't entitled enough to demand insignificant things like working mechanics, interesting progression and balanced varied gameplay. You shouldn't expect these things as ED is a game thats never been done before by anyone and no one else is even trying to do and you get far more from your $5 spent on ED and all expansions than a $200 Call of battlefield!
>>
>>144993572
Those are just the WORST offenders

if we were to try and document every single one of them the games "10 year plan" would be finished
>>
>>144994654
ironic dad posting is still dad posting
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=258294&page=14

>people are actually voting no to this
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 149

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.