[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/parag/ - Paragon General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9
File: paragon-shrine.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
paragon-shrine.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/

>What is Paragon?
Paragon is a new MOBA developed by Epic Games, owner of the Unreal Engine. Powered by UE4, it has most of the trappings of other MOBAs: 5v5 objective-based games, heroes, lanes, towers, minons and so on. The game has a fantasy sci-fi feel to it. The game is available on PC and PS4, featuring cross-play and cross-progression. It is currently in early access/closed alpha.

>What's special about Paragon?
Similar to SMITE, Paragon uses a third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls instead of a top-down view. Unlike SMITE, this game takes full advantage of the Z-axis: you can aim up or down and there's multiple levels of elevation. In addition, Paragon uses a card system, which is, for all intents and purposes, a player-customized item shop for individual characters that you build before the game; cards can only be earned with in-game currency, meaning you can't buy power.

>Do you unlock heroes?
No. Like DOTA 2, all heroes are free to everyone. What you can purchase with in-game currency is a character's Master Challenge, which essentially lets you unlock extra skins, taunts and boosters.

>How can I play the game?
There is a free beta weekend going on all this weekend (May 26-30) you can join right now, assuming you signed up before May 25th. Beyond that, you can purchase a founder's pack for at least $20 to buy into the early access. You can win founder's pack keys off whatever contests are run on Twitch. Otherwise, wait until this summer for the game to fully enter open beta.
>>
File: Paragon.jpg (274 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Paragon.jpg
274 KB, 1024x576
>>
File: paragon_1.jpg (366 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
paragon_1.jpg
366 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: FinGAdj.jpg (231 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
FinGAdj.jpg
231 KB, 2560x1600
>>
File: Sparrow_Concept_Art.jpg (27 KB, 386x599) Image search: [Google]
Sparrow_Concept_Art.jpg
27 KB, 386x599
>>
>>
It's a beautiful game I've watched some videos but I haven't seen anyone talking about the game play. How's the gameplay?
>>
>>143661153
As mentioned in the OP, Paragon plays like SMITE with a functioning Z-axis. It does just enough things differently to set it apart from any other MOBA out there, and since the game is in closed alpha, it has plenty of room to grow. I like it, personally.
>>
>>
>>
Since this general is full of shills, how about you drop some founder packs guys?
>>
>>
>>143668393

>paying for a free game

nah m7
>>
>>143661153
Played it a bit and I've also got a ton of hours in LoL, Smite and Dota 2

It's ok. It feels really slow and clunky at times. The 'sprint' mechanic is really awkward and they should just increase the base MS of the heroes. The abilities are cool and overall the style of the game is great. You can tell its in alpha, though.
>>
this game suffers from the same shitters who play every other MOBA, you get a decent team 1 times out of 5 matches.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.