[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dfg/- Dwarf Fortress General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 183
File: 1388261515739.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
1388261515739.jpg
106 KB, 1000x1210
Previous thread: >>139504682

>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf%20Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

>DFHack (Alpha release):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0

>Starter Pack (Alpha release):
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0

>More DF stuff:
http://pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: https://webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
http://imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
http://members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
http://pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!
>>
File: dwarf_by_kikicianjur-d3ldn5i.jpg (149 KB, 782x1050) Image search: [Google]
dwarf_by_kikicianjur-d3ldn5i.jpg
149 KB, 782x1050
1st for chillin'
>>
Are there any raw material ID's for divine metals in the game? I want a new one since i managed to lose my two hander in hell.
>>
File: Beaver.png (64 KB, 1600x861) Image search: [Google]
Beaver.png
64 KB, 1600x861
And now we have beaver rampages every full moon.
>>
Who the fuck thought that having the same OP pic three times in a row was a good idea?

Thank Armok that this one won.
>>
>>140059065
Sorry, I just didn't think you guys would like the change...
>>
>>140058250
>fear the night
>night still isn't a thing in fort mode

>>140058117
Just go back to the vault where you got it? The angels respawn, and they have the same three predetermined weapons every time.
>>
>>140059312
I've had the sword for like an in-game year and getting to that vault with a blazing sword would take swimming across the ocean again. Do these things even have material ID's?
>>
>>140060102
You should grab several swords next time. They weigh next to nothing, so you should carry at least a dozen at the same time.
>>
>>140060291
nevermind, found it myself in dfhack. In case anyone ever needs this info, the metal types are DIVINE_(number)
>>
>Deity is of relevance to freedom
>the temple name is Sanctuary of Emancipation
dude the game might literally know what the god is of beforehand, or it's just divine coincidence and it draws from a relatively small amount of spheres

here's the temples I designed next for said deities how are they?
>>
>>140059065
Who is Armok?
>>
>>140068754
Big Armok is 4U or You
>>
>>140068754
God of blood in dorf fortress senpai.
>>
>>140069627
Is there a god of eggs?
>>
>>140069704
Fertilized?
>>
>>140070140
Yes
>>
So I'm getting crashes playing on the newest version on adventure mode. It happens sometimes when I go to my map screen and sometimes when I'm strolling around town, anybody else having this crap?
>>
>>140071132
Text Will Be Text causes it, sadly.
>>
>>140065197

It relates to the god's spheres.
Like if you have a god of disease it can be called like "The Chapel of Pus" or something.
>>
>>140071859
Ahh alright, thank you.
>>
File: dwarf_fanart.jpg (220 KB, 1600x691) Image search: [Google]
dwarf_fanart.jpg
220 KB, 1600x691
Anyone else got art of events or persons in DF like this?
>>
File: VorpalCurses+1Classic.png (22 KB, 384x576) Image search: [Google]
VorpalCurses+1Classic.png
22 KB, 384x576
>>140072752
Well, technically the town one could be from a sealed library, but yeah, twbt crashes when the map scale changes several times rapidly. I got it pretty consistently when I'd go from the near-site travel map to the world travel map. That's why I started messing around with my larger tilesets and whatnot, hitting upon the fact that nonsquare sets don't shrink down as far as inferior ones do (24x36 vs 24x24) and so forth.
>>
File: ZaWarudo.gif (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
ZaWarudo.gif
2 MB, 720x404
>>140060879
You can also use gui/create-item to make them.

You could artifake one up but until I figure out how to fix the names and such I haven't bumped it all the way to readiness.
>>
File: Necromancer.png (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.png
174 KB, 1920x1080
>>140073673
>woman with beard

NANI!??!
>>
>>140075326
>implying female dorfs can reproduce without beards
>implying the dorf courtship ritual doesn't involve the male approaching after signaling his fitness
>the female coyly entangling her beard with his
>a small piece of his beard, a beardlet if if you will, is left behind to gestate
>the beardlet accumulates booze as the mother drinks, crumbs as she eats, and dust as she engraves
>over time it uses the accumulated material to construct a little dorflet
>when the dorflet is large enough the beardlet transfers itself to the face and begins to connect to the new host
>unfortunately this process means it can no longer maintain a grip on the motherbeard, causing the infant to fall to the ground
>thus the Urist McMomma cancels task: Seeking infant.
>>
hey /dfg/, are there any other games that are considered on the level of df? not necessarily rougelikes.
>>
I'm just getting into this game and I was wondering something.

Are you an actual part of this game, or are you essentially just a voice in the sky to your fortress?
>>
>>140077629
The latter, unless you're playing adventure mode
>>
>>140077484
In what way? There's plenty of autism games with similar depth of detail, there's gobloads of citybuilders, there's few or no games that do the same sort of worldbuilding.
>>
>>140077484
Rimworld?
>>
>>140078387
The procedurally generated craziness that takes place in df doesn't really have an equal. At best you get stuff like that keeperrl game that's trying to resemble df in the current state to some extent, and failing to offer as much as a game that's only 42% done.
>>
File: toadyone.png (1 KB, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
toadyone.png
1 KB, 32x32
>After finishing the resource-based work order conditions, I allowed work orders to be automatically restarted with different frequencies (always/monthly/seasonal/yearly), respecting any conditions. I'm currently working on allowing work orders to trigger other work orders upon activation or completion. I think that'll be it for conditions for this release. Then all we have left are work order job detail settings as well as some bugs to fix.
>>
>>140078387
just something a pretentious turbo autist would ramble on about
>>
File: MrGarrisonsFancyNewVagina20.jpg (48 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
MrGarrisonsFancyNewVagina20.jpg
48 KB, 720x480
>>140078973
>>140078387
>love adventure mode combat
>eventually get bored due to nothing specific to do and no peer interactions like DnD would have
>tfw no time for DnD group

>tfw no games that let you:
>freely attack neutral/friendly units
>delimb enemies
>lock and break joints with wrestling
>beat enemies to death with their own severed limbs
>chuck a weapon across the room to stab a bitch
>weapons getting stuck in their targets and shit
>strangle a bitch
>become a necromancer
>murder and raise an entire town from the dead
>get fucked up and lose a leg
>doesn't grow back, have to deal with that shit
>play the rest of the game with a crutch
The only thing to come close that I know of is DnD and other tabletop/pen and paper games and it's sad.
>>
>>140080249
>needing peers
>>
>>140080636
it's not really a requirement, but after a while it gets kinda lonely and boring.
>>
A new thread without my carefully crafted bear combat stamp on it.

** Loading Adventurer **
It is the 15th of Granite, 100.
You hack at The Black Bear in the upper body with your Steel short sword!
It is broken!
The Black Bear's heart has been pierced!
The Black Bear's upper spine has been badly cut!
The Steel short sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Black Bear charges at You!
The Black Bear bites You in the right foot!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear collides with You!
You are knocked over!
The Black Bear bites You in the right lower arm!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear bites You in the lower body!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear bites You in the upper body!
It is torn!
The Black Bear latches on firmly!
You are no longer stunned.
You stand up. <<== player issued game command
The Black Bear shakes You around by the upper body!
It is torn!
== player command to move away from bear
You break the grip of The Black Bear's mouth on Your upper body.
You maintain possession of the Steel short sword. REMARK This is key
The Black Bear gives in to pain.
The Black Bear falls over.
You hack at The Black Bear in the left rear leg with your Steel short sword!
The left rear leg flies off in a bloody arc!
You hack at The Black Bear in the upper body with your Steel short sword!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear has bled to death.
It is the 20th of Granite, 100.

ahhh that's better
>>
File: VorpalCurses+1.png (23 KB, 384x576) Image search: [Google]
VorpalCurses+1.png
23 KB, 384x576
>>140080972
I think my problem is that I was the superautist who knew the books and ended up being the GM. Though that was Palladium and I hadn't yet discovered how much better Mutants and Masterminds is.

Still, I like not having to play the world for a change.
>>
>>140081448
>superautist who knew the books and ended up being the GM
yeah, I think I'm more suited to being a party member rather than the GM. I would much rather push the boundaries than write them. If I was a GM I would end up throwing a crazy amount of shit so the party would wipe on the first night barring some really good rolls/perfect strategy.
>in my first DnD group I kept missing with my dagger while fighting skeletons
>put dagger away and ripped the leg off the bitch
>beat it and the others to death with the leg
Can't wait till I have a more stable schedule and I can get in a group.
>>
I got an adventurer mode dwarf with two companions and I am trying to lay them off without getting them killed.
One is the grandchild of the oldest surviving couple of dwarves, the other has had a child captured by a goblin fortress and I weakly intend to play out rescuing that captive. Some day.

I've tried retiring but they are still stuck on me, I noticed one with a broken leg stayed in a cave so if I had a reliable way to go to some cave and have them break legs and come back 53 years later I might.

I am about to build a fortress, abandon it, reactivate the adventurer and have 'em show up, then reclaim the fortress and get some stuff done such as having the NPC macedwarf pick a mace up again.
>>
File: Dwarf Bucks.png (42 KB, 1345x747) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Bucks.png
42 KB, 1345x747
>>140077484
Incursion

Post dwarf items that netted you a decent profit!
>>
File: NoChildrenNoFisherdorfs.png (70 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NoChildrenNoFisherdorfs.png
70 KB, 1920x1080
>>140083213
>a billion green glass and steel serrated discs
>>
>>140083213
>Incursion
hm, seems interesting
>>
This game seems good fun but I think Im too stupid to play it.
Is there a less confusing version of it?
>>
>>140085312
Just dive right in with the wiki on alt-tab. All the "less confusing" versions manage to leave out the fun.
>>
>>140085312
>go to wiki
>follow the quickstart guides
>trial and error from there
>>
>>140086003
Screwing up is part of the fun, after all.
>>
File: zulban'schangeofuniform.png (121 KB, 1936x1056) Image search: [Google]
zulban'schangeofuniform.png
121 KB, 1936x1056
i have some minor beef with Retiring fortresses, which I'm sure currently are due to a myriad of bugs in the woodwork undocumented so far

but besides seeing Artifacts you made with love and care disappear and seeing poor capable weaponmaster dwarves fall to creatures whose fighting power is questionable (troglodytes or VCC's) It's the quality and material change of weapons and clothing that grabs my goat, respectively. very tempted to change the quality with dfhack to its respective normal state
>>
>>140085312
Did you read my bear melee post?
>>
>>140085820
>>140086003
Ive tried but I get to a point where I wont understand a single thing of what I am doing :(

>>140086643
Wich one anon, link it
>>
eh, at least I got a carpenter out of this

This first ever artifact of the second fortress could be foresight into the future of the return of the King Lolor, he loves Animal traps
>>
>>140089276
here's the pic I forgot
>>
File: LetMeAxeYouAQuestion.png (74 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LetMeAxeYouAQuestion.png
74 KB, 1920x1080
>>140086594
Check the quality of those, they might actually be 6 (Artifact) quality.
>>
File: ThatsBrutalBro.png (58 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ThatsBrutalBro.png
58 KB, 1920x1080
Well damn.

>please help save us from this vampire
>though it pains me to to ask this of you, for she is my wife!
>>
>30 fucking guests
So I have to feed all these assholes?
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-25+at+08.36.36).png (11 KB, 656x360) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-25+at+08.36.36).png
11 KB, 656x360
>>140090524
fraid not, it's not even artifact quality 6 its 0, and this axe I can recall was exceptional, the ones that would be artifact quality were the named ones left behind in SpecialVaults, and if military screen works the way it is, the weapon would most likely have stuck to the uniform the dwarf migrant used in former fort, with the exception of weapons under "individual weapon preference"

and what question had you axe'd of those you met in your journey? I recall opting for swords for my recent ones, very inefficient at axing and inquiring of the denizens I find out
>>
>>140091795
The axe was a metaphor for a real axe which split the poor fuckers chest open.

I know I've had adventurers I retired at a fort wind up with artifact quality stuff that had been masterwork previously.
>>
>>140092490
ofc I'm just taking a 'stab' at banter and to convince you I'm in on the joke too
which kinda failed like wedding two adventurers together, and hey! I do also recall one of the silver long swords have also increased from 0 to q 2 as well for the coyote hunter sorta like yours, maybe skill is a factor to what quality weapon is expected of the 'semi-world-generated' character if that is even a thing. Take for example the various hammerlords with pretty nice masterwork to superior weapons

I kinda inferred both of them wouldn't be an item anyway since the 'gaydar' determined them to be "indeterminate in sex (might be adventurers)"
>>
>>140073673
poor dogs, they serve even after the death as the bones for her crossbow
>>
what the hell, man
One year I'm away and my meticulous battle tactics gone the former fort goes to shit, man, and I lost my resident adventurer who I parked in there for the sole reason that the 50 weaponmaster - 200 scrubtier goblins odds could protect her, sadly I think Its self explanatory how the world activation handles battles, less of a skirmish and more mano- e-mano, calculated battles between two figures at a time
I don't think I'm down for this That's it I think I'm going to reload and fight against the inevitable, and stick with my fort
>>
File: WtfBruhYouJustAskedMeToKillHer.png (61 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WtfBruhYouJustAskedMeToKillHer.png
61 KB, 1920x1080
>>140093445
Yeah, adventurers don't have any preferences sexually or romantically.
>>
>>140097159
heh, and apparently here in this post I found out that the adventurer
>>140097132 Curo got kil
welp that's what backups are definitely for, this unavoidable calculating and indifferent world mechanism

Hey the brightside for your vampire hunt was it wasn't for a hearthperson that would request of you to go on a wild goose chase to find said vampire, who managed to elude me with 4 - 8 year gaps in rumors spread around of her/his last residence, and then finding out to my genuine chagrin he resided in my very fort, then having to slog through FPS death to actually find him/her.
>>
File: InternalizedHypeEngine.gif (63 KB, 404x200) Image search: [Google]
InternalizedHypeEngine.gif
63 KB, 404x200
>>140079172
>Then all we have left are work order job detail settings as well as some bugs to fix.
Some time in month of May release confirmed
ALERT THE INTERNET
>>
File: wow.png (56 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
56 KB, 1366x768
Five pages of this and I wondered why they died
>>
what do with these magnificent beings? Can't give them jobs, assign their beds to them, assign to a military squad to perhaps off themselves in a demon echochamber. I'm all ears
>>
File: OhDearThatWasAmazing.png (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OhDearThatWasAmazing.png
52 KB, 1920x1080
>>140097560
Gotta use the storytelling to track them down.

>>140098214
Internet is alerted!

I'm holding out hope that maybe it'll be out with the FotF reply.

>>140099167
Exterminate them.
>>
>>140099167
What would Jackson do?
>>
File: Lions.jpg (147 KB, 750x609) Image search: [Google]
Lions.jpg
147 KB, 750x609
>>140099603
nice hehehe
>>
>>140099603
in retrospect now that I think of it, that experience that was the vampire hunt was something that was a genuine experience, a historical figure that eludes capture going place to place and needing something like trusting rumors to track him down, this is the stuff of legends (mode) literally
the culmination of everything that Toady one has worked on enables organic events like this to happen, and its still continuing I am sure
>>
File: region1-00290-01-01-world_map.png (788 KB, 3096x4644) Image search: [Google]
region1-00290-01-01-world_map.png
788 KB, 3096x4644
>>140100657
That's why it kills me that world-gen can take so long on bigger worlds. Shit like being told to go enact a rather brutal divorce on a vampire by the lord I serve, or the one dragon (intelligent/god impersonating modded) I had that took over a criminal gang and racked up like 10k kills so I mention killing it and I'm instantly a legendary hero and protector of the weak.

Hell just now the goblin bandits who were harrassing the hamlet with the vampire wife and dragon deity had elf language names. How did that happen?
>>
>>140087018
Check the OP
>>
>>140077629
More like voice in the head, iirc the retirement message in legend mode sounds like "In year XXX dorfs of FortName came back to their senses."
>>140085312
There are a lot of poor man ripoffs out there with nice graphics and tutorials but they really lack in FUN, depth of detailing, number of features and so on.
>>
>>140087018
I remember when i was learning how to play. Fuark it was a huge learning curve. It's worth it in the end.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-25+at+11.22.27).png (21 KB, 656x339) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-25+at+11.22.27).png
21 KB, 656x339
I think these 'zones' are responsible for why my glass furniture deconstructed and my beds disappeared, everysingle one like the Dwemer did with the Dunmer-turned tampering with the Heart of Lorkhan

That and a mixture of a few other bugs Im sure as accomplices
>>
>>140081139

did you fight that bear for 5 years?
>>
>>140099167

Is this a reclaim? Last time I used reclaim it was messed up what happened in like 2 weeks.
>>
>>140107364
>>140081139
>I just looked at the dates
Nigger how did that span of text last 5 god damn days
>>
File: GangsAllHere.png (61 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GangsAllHere.png
61 KB, 1920x1080
>>140107821
It's different uses of the time/date/weather/sunlight checking. The game doesn't give a notification on day change unless you check for it.
>>
>>140107579
>>140105529
It is thus the zones being procedurally placed in the rooms and practically everywhere which lead to those merchants attracted to them and getting inside them, even if they previously had beds attached to the room. Man this is some messed up af cant begin to define a statement for this
>>
>>140108070
Yeah, zones and beds deconstructing is annoying as shit but eh.
>>
File: aesthetic30x36.png (13 KB, 480x576) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic30x36.png
13 KB, 480x576
>>
>>140073713
>inferior
Thems fightin words
>>
File: aesthetic battle.png (9 KB, 312x334) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic battle.png
9 KB, 312x334
>>140112776
>tfw someone reposts your tileset in HD
I miss my vaporfort.
>>
File: reward.png (23 KB, 798x301) Image search: [Google]
reward.png
23 KB, 798x301
>>140114107
I have so many nice memories from that world, you know.

I remember setting off as a beast hunter, then deciding to climb the highest mountain in the world. When I got there, I got attacked by several squads of goblins from a nearby fortress, which I then proceeded to fight on the peak of the mountain. One of the soldiers turned out to be an elf who carried a book. After winning the grand battle, I remember reading the book(about some shitty site) while sitting on the top of the mountain. I then retired the adventurer in a gobbo site before founding my vaporfort in a shrine(I had already killed the titan there with my adventurer).

Eventually, I got sieged by gobbos, of course. What I didn't expect was that their second siege was to be led by my old adventer, who still had all the scars I got in adv mode, and moreover, still had the book I got from the elf on the mountain. It was a tough battle, and several of my militiadorfs died. The book I got from my old adventurer was a nice reward, however.
>>
>>140114519
>climb the highest mountain in the world.
That's what I usually do as adventurer.
It's a shame there aren't any mountains that are challenging for climbers yet.
>>
>>140114789
There are many ways in which this can be improved:

>moving up slopes should be exhausting
>if you fall to the ground while on a slope tile(after becoming over-exhausted, for example), the game should check if any of the surrounding tiles are on a lower z-level, and if they are, you should tumble down, causing progressively increasing falling damage the longer you tumble(unless you manage to hold onto the walls)
>a higher climbing skill should make moving up slopes easier, and moving up slopes should train your climbing skill

That's what I can think of at the moment.
>>
>>140114789
How about the mountain ranges in Syria?
>>
>>140116289
That joke doesn't even remotely work. Even more so because the mountain ranges in Latakia are mostly under Government control again.
>>
jesus fuck, i hate this shitty bug-ridden game so fucking much. i turn off burrow for 3 fucking minutes to collect goblinite and this fucking happens. and not a dabbling furnace operator. not a novice fisherdwarf. A LEGENDARY FUCKING ARMOURER. THE ONLY ONE I HAD.

i'm so done
>>
>>140117152
I'm not sure what happened. Would you mind explaining in more detail?

I'm also not sure about what you meant by deactivateing the burrows for "three minutes". Do you always use the burrows? Or did you turn them off in the middle of a siege?

Also, it's not that much of a deal. A new decent armorer can be trained in a few months.
>>
>>140117152
Why the fuck your legendary armoursmith have any hauling enabled? You just called it yourself
>>
File: git-gud-o.gif (864 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
git-gud-o.gif
864 KB, 320x180
>>140117152
>i hate this shitty bug-ridden game so fucking much
I see no bugs in what you have described.
> i turn off burrow for 3 fucking minutes
Do you always burrow? Why?

>anyone but useless peasants doing the hauling
Let this be a lesson to you.
>>
>>140114107
>>140114519
Yup, I went ahead and gave it the cleaned-corners treatment a couple threads back since it's got a nice... well... aesthetic.

>>140114018
Truth hurts. :D

>>140115148
It's fun when you find a really sheer section to scale, though it's scary when you just start going up without checking to see what your climbing skill is until you're 20+ z above the ground.

>>140117152
This is the root of the elfhate, yanno.

Trees can't be trusted.
>>
File: 1432148074829.png (102 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1432148074829.png
102 KB, 600x400
nvm, resurrected tosid with dfhack. this fucking shit almost get me tilted.

>>140117521
for some fucking reason dwarves climb into trees and then die of dehydration because they forget how to use gravity. and thanks to the new shitty "missing" system you don't know that your dorf is in the tree before spring overwrites your saves. it's a known bug and i lost dozens of dwarves to it. yes, even with stepladders. yes, i always use burrows so that dorfs don't
a. ignore my well, go to drink from pond, get spooked by a frog and drown
b. legendary mason go to chill out(throw up rather) in the sun, trigger a goblin rapesquad instead
c. to prevent EXACTLY THIS FUCKING SHIT.
>A new decent armorer can be trained in a few months.
you can't train +5 legendary and i have only so much waffles.
>>140117572
how the fuck is hauling related to this? there is nothing in the trees or above ground for him to haul.
>>
>>140118075
guys, there was no hauling involved, you fucking retards.
>>140118083
nah, elfhate stemmed from when you couldn't chop down 10 logs without these pansies complaining.
>>
File: dumbass.png (131 KB, 229x256) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.png
131 KB, 229x256
>>140118219
>to collect goblinite
>no hauling involved
>>
>>140118138
>There is nothing to haul
How about some goblinite on that ant woman?
>>
>>140117152
>>140118138
>>140118219
You could have just restricted your legendary dorfs to burrows mate. No need to be a cunt before clarifying.
>>
File: dank.jpg (55 KB, 600x290) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
55 KB, 600x290
>>140118845
>>
MATERIALS MOD GUY
>>
File: HolyFuckbats.png (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HolyFuckbats.png
150 KB, 1920x1080
>>140118219
Yes, but we NEED to cut the trees down to prevent exactly this sort of shit. Trees can't be trusted, and neither can tree-sympathizers.
>>
>>140118845
goblinite vein was localised inside my fortress entrance, nowhere near that fucking tree.
>>
>>140121715
There is a fucking Ant woman up there. And she could be goblinite he was trying to get. Or he was hauling her dead body in your corpse pile
>>
>>140122247
that ant woman died 2 years ago to an bad case of ogres, what are you even talking about nigger?
>>
>>140122247
That's the unit screen, the dead/missing page.
>>
>>140122963>>140122941
Oh, now I get it. Sorry, thought it was some kind of DFhack feature, showing you dead units around cursor.
>>
File: TooDamnManyLairs.png (25 KB, 272x272) Image search: [Google]
TooDamnManyLairs.png
25 KB, 272x272
Blargh, made a megamonster world and lots of the lairs are too packed to approach without a segfault.
>>
>>140077484
Nethack is pretty much the mother of all roguelikes and dungeoncrawlers.
It also follows the same philosophy as dwarf fortress (complex mechanics, simple interface) and you have to be a surpreme neckbeard to actually enjoy it.
>>
>>140125709
>dwarf fortress
>simple interface
Ahem.
>>
>>140127363
"Ahem" right back at you, casual.
>>
>>140128464
>calling someone a casual in the nested nerdpile which is 4chan/vg/dfg/
>srsly
>>
anyone else experiencing problems building stairs atop of stairs? (mid air/next to a wall)

Some of them seem to go through, others not.
>>
>>140128721
>"muh sekrit klub"
>"no casuals come here"
>"it's all hardcore nerds"

Yes fucking srsly.
>>
>>140128908
There aren't nearly enough casual gamers in here screwing around and trying out the game, and that's a fact. Lots of other spots you can go and be bitchy and hostile at right here in /vg/ or further out in the rest of 4chan, or the rest of the internet, or hey, you can go cuss out pederasts on Tor/i2p/etc if you want!
>>
>>140118138
Certainly do not rely on autosave, why should you let it make that decision for you when it is going to overwrite the data?

Human oversight on this for saving the data.
>>
>>140128726
What level of play is your question at?

If you built stairs 'going up' then the next set on top of that would need to be stairs going down to connect to it (right?) and the X is both. Or are you way beyond me on this one
>>
>>140131206
I want to build a column like this:

down stairs
up/down stairs
up/down stairs
up/down stairs
up stairs

Next to a wall in order to reach a ledge, but sometimes dwarves just don't want to construct one of the up/down stairs.
>>
>>140132168
ok you answered me wellenough.
So now I dunno what is going on with that in your game.

I can throw some suggestion-darts, if you might choose to build a column next to the staircolumn to warm the labor force to the idea.
If the ledge is atop a plumb straight wall you might issue a dig order in to the wall next to the highest stairs you could build.

I am not liable for any injuries incurred in this construction if you do it.
>>
>>140130798
it's toady's oversight, actually.

creatures do this stupid shit with climbing and jumping when they're in combat. so a shitty fucking cat can spook dwarf into climbing into the bowels of hell itself.

so, the logical thing would be to make dwarves enter combat mode(actually toady should stop being a shitstain and designing his code in this imperative fashion. it's not 80s anymore ffs) and try to jump/climb path when they start starving, but toady is just shit at programming. i've just had to again deal with 8 stupid fucking crundels stunlocking 14 of my dorfs and sending 3 amongst them on top of nearest towercaps- all by just being terrified on the cavern ceiling.
>>
>>140133660
Sounds like something that would happen in .40, not in the current version. Dwarves aren't total wusses anymore.
>>
>>140133660
> but toady is just shit at programming
hasn't he been doing it for 30 years? How can he this bad at it?
>>
>>140133925
he has a math phd from stanford. i'm sure he's competent.
>>
>>140133918
Problem solutiable by running the more recent version maybe, but
problem also solutiable by running some of the older versions where trees keep their parts above their ankles to themselves.

Now I will have another reason to be phobic about upgrading because I have heard trees will harbor skeletal remains of dwarves they have lured.
>>
>>140134576
I always thought that Toady was defined by
"man that did not complete his math degree track," if he got his Ph.D. then his definitional frame is a bust.
>>
>>140136095
The obvious solution is to declare war on trees, isn't it?
>>
>>140133660
There is a trope in DF about how "things go wrong in hilarious ways."
That includes builders walling themselves in, but as we all know there are wiggle-around constructs to tackle that one, and so on.

You have a troublemaker dwarf living in your fortress? Just let them die, right? But then you still have the ghost of the troublemaker, they are still there and make trouble just they are dead. and so on. It makes it hard for me to assume that any inconvenient fetters or nettles are strictly an error.
>>
>>140136440
Treeson
>>
>>140056586
Wtf

What version/edition is this?
>>
>>140136291
>I always thought that Toady was defined by
what? Toady is literally a doctor. He was doing his post doc as a researcher, then became a professor for a year until he quit academia
>>
>>140136291
It was Academia that drove him away, not education. He's always been a fully educated mathematician.
>>
>>140136291

It was in the NYTimes article about him.
>>
>>140133660
Fucking weabos should be banned here
>>
>>140133925
No formal coding training. He's learned over the last couple decades, but only so much.
The greatest challenge Dorf Fort will ever face is going back to the code at the foundations of the game and optimizing and correcting it.
>>
>>140137094
underrated post
>>
>>140137094
>>140137216

I thoroughly enjoy DF and don't think much of anime anymore so it hurts me when i see loli and weeaboo shit in these DF thread. But then i remember that i'm on 4chan. Ugh the fact that i openly liked anime as a teenager makes me cringe with the force of a thousand suns
>>
so is loli just youthful characters?
>>
>>140137751
>tfw you wasted your high school years being an open weeaboo
I feel you, anon. I'm just happy that I eventually got my shit together.
>>
>>140138260
[T_WORD:BUTTERFLY:loli]
>>
File: fun.png (20 KB, 315x161) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
20 KB, 315x161
Well these will make for interesting decorations.
>>
>>140140734
hot
>>
File: scaredsiegeop.png (319 KB, 1076x912) Image search: [Google]
scaredsiegeop.png
319 KB, 1076x912
fuck... I had my siege ballista all set up for when the zombie hoard, which has been on my doorstep for too long now, wondered in its sights.
>my bitch siege dwarves were too scared to fire it because the zombies were too close -.-

pic related
>>
>>140145478
Siege weapons need like 20 tiles of space between them and the target cause the operators are pussies
>>
>>140136882
>>140136992
>>140137008
OK, but there was a time way way back
in the primordial mists
in the very dawn of DF
when Toady was defined by "man that did not complete his math degree"
and I for one have always held true to that table-driven entry for the author of DF.
But more recently, apparently that is a bust.
>>
>>140145883
I'm salty as fuck right now. i guess i'll move the ballista back a bit, closer to the operator's teddies and pillow forts
>>
>>140145975
I have never heard of this. I began playing DF back in 2008 and this was never a thing so I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>140147295
He's not making sense.
>>
>>140145975
>"man that did not complete his math degree"
Toady was never defined like that. Go look at his posts from 2006 when he began working on DF full time. He said specifically that he was quitting his CAREER as a mathematician. He was already a PHD working his way up as a reseracher. That's what he gave up to work full time as a game dev
>>
>>140147295
>>140147359
>>140147790

I lose.
>>
File: definition of toady.png (11 KB, 519x268) Image search: [Google]
definition of toady.png
11 KB, 519x268
>>140147790
>Toady was never defined like that
He literally was, and still is.
>>
>Legendary female elf dancer guest
>is in my tavern because she heard it was 'the place to entertain people'

Mongrels aren't implemented, are they? I don't want little disgusting half-elves running around.
>>
>>140152268
build a wall
>>
>>140152268
Not yet, but they probably will be an option at some point.
>>
>>140153321
Didn't Toady confirm that he DID plan on implementing race-mixing(or should it be species-mixing, since "races" sort of already exist within each of the DF races?), but wasn't quite sure about how to go about doing it?
>>
>>140154432
Yeah, it'll probably end up with bugs where you can fuck a mug and half a half dorf half goblet child and then drink yourself from them.
>>
>>140154824
kek
>>
File: balding man thinking.jpg (700 KB, 2360x1568) Image search: [Google]
balding man thinking.jpg
700 KB, 2360x1568
>>140154824
>fuck a mug and half a half dorf half goblet child
>>
>>140154824
i can envision the specificity with which the jizzum will land
>>
Reminder (again) to remove the "(alpha release)" part from the dfhack and starter pack links next thread.
>>
File: yoko15.png (101 KB, 261x271) Image search: [Google]
yoko15.png
101 KB, 261x271
>>140158801
lmao

this ANON aint havin it HIS way
>>
>>140158969
Who is this seaman daemon
>>
File: loving the skin you're in.png (915 KB, 730x607) Image search: [Google]
loving the skin you're in.png
915 KB, 730x607
>mfw the elves pull their short jokes
>>
>>140158969
Waifufaggot please
>>
>>140155009
>>140155038
>>140155787
Oh lawd, I was running outside to mow the lawn before it rains and didn't check while typing.
>>
File: KeenCurses+1.png (15 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
KeenCurses+1.png
15 KB, 256x384
Oh yeah, forgot to post this one in case someone is looking for a smaller text will be text tileset or just likes gaming in style on a smaller screen.
>>
File: 1438317775442.jpg (807 KB, 1350x1359) Image search: [Google]
1438317775442.jpg
807 KB, 1350x1359
>>
>>140166741
We can actually tell dorfs to do shit like that now!
>>
File: burngob.jpg (422 KB, 2048x939) Image search: [Google]
burngob.jpg
422 KB, 2048x939
>>
File: 1439567902472.png (34 KB, 611x455) Image search: [Google]
1439567902472.png
34 KB, 611x455
>>
File: DF odd animals.jpg (281 KB, 2048x1723) Image search: [Google]
DF odd animals.jpg
281 KB, 2048x1723
>>140170191
Were-Shrew?
>>
File: 1445644987367.png (335 KB, 462x370) Image search: [Google]
1445644987367.png
335 KB, 462x370
>>
>>140170621
I severely dislike the Loomer... all the SCP shit I was reading through the past few nights does little to endear it to me, but the box burro is quite amusing.
>>
File: 1440279375953.jpg (265 KB, 1013x793) Image search: [Google]
1440279375953.jpg
265 KB, 1013x793
>>
File: 1439423968467.png (104 KB, 263x1023) Image search: [Google]
1439423968467.png
104 KB, 263x1023
>>
File: Capture.jpg (12 KB, 450x21) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
12 KB, 450x21
If I have this fucker killed, will it trigger a loyalty cascade or put me at war with wherever he's from?
>>
>>140174783
>put me at war with wherever he's from
probably not
> will it trigger a loyalty cascade
I know for a fact the answer is no here
>>
>>140176043
Rad, thanks
>>
Can I dig that wall behind the waterfall for mist?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (590 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
590 KB, 1920x1040
>>140177017
whoosp
>>
File: i am AGRY.png (456 KB, 518x468) Image search: [Google]
i am AGRY.png
456 KB, 518x468
>>140177269
I hate your tileset, Anon.
>>
>>140177017
If by "mist" you mean "dead dwarves at the bottom of the river", then yes.
>>
File: laffin.png (281 KB, 491x453) Image search: [Google]
laffin.png
281 KB, 491x453
>>140177269
>all those corners left unsmoothed/unengraved due to statues
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 925x66) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29 KB, 925x66
Damn, sorry Ingish
>>
>>140177269
Put fortifications there instead.
>>
>>140178656
> the assignment and removal of militia leaders matters historically

> all those times you added/removed militia leaders while fiddling with the military screen
fug, how many of my engravings are like this?
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-26+at+03.58.29).png (66 KB, 1920x1041) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-26+at+03.58.29).png
66 KB, 1920x1041
I'm serious, should I just burrow these guys to death? I'm afraid of wasting my first burrow placement (same anal feeling like the Stockpile) on them to realize I can't assign them to it,

Also the other screen is wonky, I reloaded after attempting to kill the "hostile" poets and visitors when the human mercenaries I ordered to kill them, kinda started killing each other. It's like a smol Human Loyalty cascade except a tad bit tenuous and may extend to humans also killing dwarves (the actually useful ones) which will lead to shit hitting the fan
>>
File: ngerxung.png (27 KB, 688x450) Image search: [Google]
ngerxung.png
27 KB, 688x450
>>140185469
>same anal feeling like the Stockpile
So you're THAT anon.
>>
raise from the grave
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11 KB, 412x21) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
11 KB, 412x21
lewd
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15 KB, 620x36) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15 KB, 620x36
Fucking furries
>>
File: amiibo.png (963 KB, 1123x767) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.png
963 KB, 1123x767
Let me ask you this question my friends.

If an animal is bitten by a werebeast and survives, will the animal in question turn on the next full moon?
>>
How do I find vampires in adventure mode? I'm in the location he's supposed to be in
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-26+atjadedgeneral).png (109 KB, 1420x835) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-26+atjadedgeneral).png
109 KB, 1420x835
you guyscan guess whatever, idk even know what's possible for these 'limbo' merch and generals and nobles anymore

I also know whatever he builds is null and void seeing that the artifacts have no [can_be_contained] tag or whatnot, meaning they'll disappear for ever (or duplicate I've heard) every time the fort is retired and unretired

yeah I'm p jaded and shit so
>>
Begone page 10
>>
I think this actually works ; might have some collateral damage, but everyone important and labor-assignable is in the military permanently until further notice
>>
File: frog.png (51 KB, 881x676) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
51 KB, 881x676
>>
File: 1438900936086.png (36 KB, 1268x794) Image search: [Google]
1438900936086.png
36 KB, 1268x794
>>
File: 1439138268257.jpg (1 MB, 2084x2318) Image search: [Google]
1439138268257.jpg
1 MB, 2084x2318
>>
>>140196543
I noticed someone posting about a vampire that was on the circuit system of great undead, kept moving from town to town and was found in the player's fortress.
I don't know, how much experience do you have in adventurer mode before I try telling you anything about it. Have you found many Mayors and giants in their lairs?

Is the location the vampire is purported to be in some ramshackle place you built or is it a human town or something?
>>
File: DwarfFortressHammerTime.jpg (58 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
DwarfFortressHammerTime.jpg
58 KB, 500x397
>>140185469
> all those merchants

> still alive
>>
>>140207371
yis and it was the most grueling task at the time while seeking him out, then destroying
looking at it in a different experience, it demanded slightly more from my intuition and troubleshooting in the context of using quests and rumors to one's advantage, or confusion and misleading but I digress

also going back to Fort mode I embarked on a SS-style holocaust starving the merchie's and killing the 'hostile' other units with exception of those very weird 'limbo-mercenaries' who somehow in their attempt I guess to leave the fort got stuck to the squad system, mmm that'll require some ironing
>>
File: 0d8.png (217 KB, 490x356) Image search: [Google]
0d8.png
217 KB, 490x356
>>140208921
stay your hammer and hold your horses my man, refer to here>>140201261
implemented a new policy of starving them in Ganadubbul'ingrad' and it is working so far, no deaths but in time
I am afraid of collataral damage, especially to my adventurers, since they aren't able to join squads, or do anything with labor systems afaik
>>
File: monster hunter.png (148 KB, 1381x806) Image search: [Google]
monster hunter.png
148 KB, 1381x806
Well that's horrific
>>
>>140214718
Please, explain.
>>
>>140196530

It probably needs the intelligent tag
>>
>>140217227
Lady Consorts are monsters that escaped from the underworld spire right?
>>
I have one war dog with a broken leg/smashed open toe who just keeps dragging himself across the fort trying to catch up with his owner. It's so sad...
>>
>>140220370

No, they're the partner of a lord
>>
Does wordsmith do anything in adventurer... ;_;

I took 5 points in it as well as speaker, speaker has gained maybe 1/8 a bar and wordsmith nothing, my stories are always pretty good.
>>
>>140220370
You might be thinking of Night creatures who convert normal intelligent creatures to their own species. In that case they'll be called something like "Night Gloom Spouse"
Also "underworld spires" no longer exist, however, the first goblin settlements do have a central tower that reaches hell, where their demon host resides.
Simply >>140221128
>>
>>140221648
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Wordsmith

always be reading that wiki for information on the new skills.
take only one level in reader, ever, and only if you want to become a necromancer.
>>
File: 1458812692665.jpg (24 KB, 314x267) Image search: [Google]
1458812692665.jpg
24 KB, 314x267
>>140224051

>Experience in Wordsmith is gained from writing and composing any verse, whether written or not.

I figured that to mean maybe it affected poems and speaking.
>>
File: lazybitch.png (16 KB, 149x136) Image search: [Google]
lazybitch.png
16 KB, 149x136
Did crossbows change in the latest version or what? Just brought a hunter on embark with profecient ambush, novice marksdwarf and there's available prey around but he won't go hunting.

Could it be because his bolts are not the same material as his weapon? Using a bronze crossbow with copper bolts. He just stands by the wagon with his stupid hunting dog.
>>
File: goodshit.png (18 KB, 638x237) Image search: [Google]
goodshit.png
18 KB, 638x237
>>140224794
Nevermind my boy out there hunting wild boar
>>
File: everything is fine.png (13 KB, 725x226) Image search: [Google]
everything is fine.png
13 KB, 725x226
>>140224276
>>
>>140220527
Yeah, sometimes you pity animals more than dorfs. Once I was testing my bridge system and accidently catapulted a kitten. Poor thing had three broken legs, broken ribs and was bleeding and vomiting a lot. Yet, while conscious, he was trying to get back to my fortress. This was heartbreaking to watch, so I butchered him and made a funeral meal using his meat.
>>
>>140227960
funeral meal sounds delicious
>>
File: 1455267709779.jpg (82 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1455267709779.jpg
82 KB, 480x640
>>140117152
>all those trees

you are asking for elf troubles
>>
>>140228041
Well, it was first masterpiece meal by my cook he also had high empathy, so I like to think he was doing his best, so I guess it was delicious.
>>
File: amxu animation.gif (685 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
amxu animation.gif
685 KB, 500x450
begone page 10
>>
>>140229698
>Destroy a big chunk of trees
>Burn them
>World temperature goes up
>Glaciers are melting and water level is rising
>No dry land left
>Slaves to Armok: God of Blood. Chapter III : Dwarf Battleships
Ecology update when?
>>
happening soon
>>
>>140236615
>destroy a big chunk of trees
>use slash and burn agriculture
>let your lifestock graze the fields during fallow season

>the protective vegetation progressively degrades
>the bordering desert biome begins to expand
>your forests and fields are swallowed up by the desert
At least dorfs aren't dependant on the surface for their agriculture. It would still be a nice "fuck you" to the elves, though.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-27+atthirstyafmofos).png (103 KB, 1076x1037) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-27+atthirstyafmofos).png
103 KB, 1076x1037
>>140236796
starving days are over, those that resisted hunger may live but spare no merchants
>>
>http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146473.795
What the fuck?

Japa changed the the surrounding areas to look absolutely hideous, and Bay12 is PRAISING him for it? Sure, it may look ok from above, but imagine how it will look through the first person view, on ground level.
>>
>>140238414
>any sort of pseudonymous forum having any sort of taste

Extremely rare.
>>
>>140238576
It's just a matter of time before Japa totally ruins AV by forcing diagonal or rounded walls, and subsequently receives even more praise from brony12.
>>
>>140238414
>imagine how it will look through the first person view, on ground level.
I imagine it will look more consistent with the detailed view you see your immediate surroundings in.

Why don't you wait for first person screensh--
>>140238947
Oh now you're just shitposting. Is it so hard to try bumping the thread with a reasonable discussion instead of this bullshit?
>>
Why do my miners not channel a downward shaft but instead stop at like 2 z-levels
>>
>>140239056
I'm not. There are several people in the thread who suggested diagonal walls, and it's just a matter of time before Japa's judgement is swayed. I would go there and protest wildly against the idea, but that would require getting an account.

As for the surrounding area, look at this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ovGNymp.png

In the current AV version, if you looked at this cliff from the ground level, you would see a fairly natural/realistic looking mountain. With this new rendering method, however, all you would see would be a very unnatural/artificial looking wall extending to the sky.
>>
>>140239692
>you would see a fairly natural/realistic looking mountain
There is nothing natural or realistic looking about that smudgy piece of blur.
On the other hand that "unnatural artificial looking wall" is exactly the information DF has of that piece of terrain (if you haven't been there yet).

Moreover, it depends a lot on the exact situation you find yourself in.
Have you seen the Adventure mode video Japa posted? At the end when he finally exits the fortress, you see him standing in a tiny piece of visible tiles surrounded by a shapeless blur. You can't tell me that you think this looks good either.
With blocky map graphics, they're at least consistent with the blocky nature of the detailed tiles in DF.

Right now the two options are totally blocky, and completely blurred.
What about a style that uses the resolution of the detailed tiles to blur the big map chunks?
I'll see if I can draw something up.

Regardless, I don't see how these cannot be optional settings in a config file.
>>
I finally understand the difference between say "leopardskin" and "leopard leather" items are, the mat literally draws from the material properties of said animal, preserving the color of the skin or fur, instead of refining it to a brown leather.

ah thanks whomever posted his list of conveniences which included such a simple tweak weeks ago (not for aesthetic mainly for bulk skinning)
>>
File: interpolate.png (27 KB, 2000x1383) Image search: [Google]
interpolate.png
27 KB, 2000x1383
>>140240364
So instead of either completely interpolating on no interpolation at all, you interpolate up to the same resolution the detailed tiles have.
What's your opinion about this? I'm thinking about suggesting it to japa.
>>
>>140240364
>There is nothing natural or realistic looking about that smudgy piece of blur.
To be honest, I think that the AV horisont, as viewed from first person mode, is really impressive. Sure, the part where the local map meets the regional ditto looks a bit weird, but I still like how the regional map looks.

>With blocky map graphics, they're at least consistent with the blocky nature of the detailed tiles in DF.
At least it will be in tune with the current trend in indie games in general, and df/minecraft-clones in particular, namely having blocky, "ironically shitty" graphics. It's definitly not my cup of tea, and I suspect that many people are ready to agree with me.

I wouldn't have any complaints if the current rendering method remained as an option, though.
>>
>>140240827
>"ironically shitty" graphics
The point is that it represents the way DF works accurately.

In my opinion the old method makes it look like "actually shitty" graphics like you see them in really - really - bad 3D games or early 90s public sector 3D animations where you have a blocky model and apply a very basic interpolation to it.
>>
>>140241141
I'd still prefer a fuzzy shape somewhat resempling a mountain to a huge fucking cube in the middle of a flat plane, supposedly representing a mountain.

The regional map is primarily supposed to be a backdrop for the local map. It doesn't need to be THAT detailed. It does, however, need to actually resemble what it represents.
>>
File: DF1925.jpg (615 KB, 1300x948) Image search: [Google]
DF1925.jpg
615 KB, 1300x948
>>
Has anyone built a wall blocking immigrants and a Trump statue yet?
>>
>>140241372
The blocky representation isn't ideal either, no doubt about that - honestly at this point, I really would like to see how the third variant proposed here >>140240778 would look in Armok Vision.
>>
paper money when, Toady?
>>
File: bushdidit.png (304 KB, 1125x989) Image search: [Google]
bushdidit.png
304 KB, 1125x989
Well, guys.. i had too much fun just now. It's the end of my dwarf skyscraper
>titan spider that shoots webs appears
>oh shit i'd better seal the top of my skyscraper just in case the spider somehow manages to climb over my two-lip defence
>ok so i'll remove these stairs under the highest most ceiling and put floor there instead to seal the top of my skyscraper off
>stairs finished removing
>game lags for some reason, not saving ??
>next minute i see white cloads
>in the following seconds i realise my skyscraper did a 9/11 impression and collapses
>all the floors fall in and kill around 60 dwarves

oh fuck i spent two days of solid playing only to do the most dumbest shit and fuck up my lovely skyscraper

>pic related
>>
>>140244924
>dwarf skyscraper
The first thing that popped into my head regarding a building like that populated by dwarfs was pretty much the end point of the book High Rise.
>>
File: upper levels.png (134 KB, 1117x909) Image search: [Google]
upper levels.png
134 KB, 1117x909
>>140244924
here's an upper level to show how the middle fell in
>>
>>140245058
Yeah, i saw the trailer for that movie and it kind of inspired me. It was pretty cool. I think i'll let the spider in now and finish the rest of the dwarves.

oh well, it was fun i guess ;-;
>>
File: 1394380122662.jpg (27 KB, 498x390) Image search: [Google]
1394380122662.jpg
27 KB, 498x390
>>140238019
You only think that.
>>
>>140245208
Are the bottom levels full of bloodstained walls (probably dragged bloody handprints), miasma and vomit?
Are there functional pockets of surviving and (moderately) sane dwarfs?
>>
File: DemFeelsUrist.jpg (130 KB, 779x634) Image search: [Google]
DemFeelsUrist.jpg
130 KB, 779x634
>>140238414
They look better than the smooth grey hills of vagueness... which could be an actual place in a world now that I think about it.

>>140238947
Nah fuck you nigga, well done diagonals are nice looking (and fucking impossible to do right), and nobody was suggesting diagonal walls for AV. The blocky interpolation method seems the best, the blank hills are useless due to the seams, while the huge blocks are slightly more useful they're too jarring.

>>140244924
>kek'd fools can't help feel memes
>>
File: laughing.gif (26 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
26 KB, 200x200
>>140245739
>kek'd fools can't help feel memes
>>
>>140245973
My work here is done.
>>
Is there an image that exists or something that shows off all the skin/texture packs? Newb here about to start my first game
>>
>>140236615
Kek n chekd
>>
>>140247639
Don't use tilesets
>>
>>140247809
No offense, but my autism is only so powerful, i cant play a game with this much stuff just represented by characters
>>
>>140248010
>i cant play a game with this much stuff just represented by characters

That's exactly what a tileset will do though, the characters are just arguably more recognizable at first.
>>
>>140248010
You get used to it. You abuse the 'v' and 'k' keys and you eventually learn what each symbol is. I use a graphics set only because the tiles are rectangles in the original and the one i use has square tiles. Actually i like the vivid colours of a graphics set too.
I'm the skyscraper guy. I'm using the CLA's ASCII-like graphics set
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 183

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.