[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/parag/ - Paragon General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10
File: paragon logo.jpg (13 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
paragon logo.jpg
13 KB, 500x302
Inaugural Edition

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/

>What is Paragon?
Paragon is a new MOBA developed by Epic Games, owner of the Unreal Engine. Powered by UE4, it has most of the trappings of other MOBAs: 5v5 objective-based games, heroes, lanes, towers, minons and so on. The game has a fantasy sci-fi feel to it. The game is available on PC and PS4, featuring cross-play and cross-progression. It is currently in early access/closed alpha.

>What's special about Paragon?
Similar to SMITE, Paragon uses a third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls instead of a top-down view. Unlike SMITE, this game takes full advantage of the Z-axis: you can aim up or down and there's multiple levels of elevation. In addition, Paragon uses a card system, which is, for all intents and purposes, a player-customized item shop for individual characters that you build before the game; cards can only be earned with in-game currency, meaning you can't buy power.

>Do you unlock heroes?
No. Like DOTA 2, all heroes are free to everyone. What you can purchase with in-game currency is a character's Master Challenge, which essentially lets you unlock extra skins, taunts and boosters.

>How can I play the game?
You can purchase a founder's pack for at least $20 to buy into the early access. You can win founder's pack keys off whatever contests are run on Twitch. Otherwise, wait until this summer for the game to enter open beta.
>>
File: 500px-Muriel_Promo_Wallpaper.jpg (28 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
500px-Muriel_Promo_Wallpaper.jpg
28 KB, 500x281
Also, there will be occasional free weekends in the coming months.
>>
File: FinGAdj.jpg (231 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
FinGAdj.jpg
231 KB, 2560x1600
>>
8/10 it's ok
>>
>>
>>
File: murdock2kminiWT.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
murdock2kminiWT.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Paragon_Gideon_March3.jpg (915 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Paragon_Gideon_March3.jpg
915 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>138654764
Wow it sure seems like nobody got paid to make a "general" for a moba that just came out and isn't even free.
>>
>>138669931
There has to be at least a few people playing it.
>>
>>138670580
Yes but I'm a PS4 user.

Voice chat in game when?
>>
>>138680119
Soon, according to the blogposts.

How does it feel playing on a controller, anyway? Is it harder to turn or make shots? I know SMITE made a big deal that there would be no PC/XB1/PS4 crossplay since PC "has an advantage."
>>
>>138680249
An option to adjust turn speed would be great. Auto aim isn't incredibly annoying, but it has a presence. I don't want to bother with USB trinkets to play the game because I could have just gotten this for PC instead. Missing shots isn't too punishing because of superior movement and speed, but you can still get punished hard. Then again, I've been on teams where I'm the only console player and the other team is console players and they win. I guess I gotta know when to take breaks because PC gaming gives you a weird carpal tunnel feeling once you start console gaming (owned my PS4 for 8 months.)

Sevarog and Sparrow are my mains.
>>
>>138680896
I've only just started and have one PVP game with Steel under my belt. I haven't played a game like this since SMITE about a year ago, so I was out of practice, but this game feels fun.

One guy I was watching suggested PS4 players should get an "instant 180" button so they can turn around faster rather than wait for their manual turnspeed.
>>
>>138681396
I thought about that too, but then I remembered that CSGO has that feature and it can be annoying when you have to wait for the camera to turn, you can't interrupt, and you have to wait a little bit even after it's centered. Meh.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>138682081
I can't imagine how quickly the turn would be.
>>
Dekker is bae
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>138688106
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.