[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shmupg/ - Shmup General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 112
File: 1455260031489.jpg (60 KB, 446x600) Image search: [Google]
1455260031489.jpg
60 KB, 446x600
This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Need something to play? Check this shit out: https://mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama http://store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours http://store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
http://www.3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles http://store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

Battle Crust: http://store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: http://store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
http://bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia http://www.indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice http://amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

>Don't forget to vote!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

There's also this I suppose: http://pastebin.com/deNZ6S1q
>>
File: Tyrannosatan.png (74 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Tyrannosatan.png
74 KB, 320x240
1st for best waifu
>>
File: Impossible One #2.png (60 KB, 644x482) Image search: [Google]
Impossible One #2.png
60 KB, 644x482
2nd for actual best waifu
>>
File: CVST-0008.jpg (227 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
CVST-0008.jpg
227 KB, 600x594
If Casper isn't careful she might hurt someone!
>>
File: 1456565471219.png (88 KB, 951x579) Image search: [Google]
1456565471219.png
88 KB, 951x579
WOULD you play a Madoka Magica shmup, shmupg?
Which girl WOULD you use?
>>
File: psikyo.webm (1 MB, 510x694) Image search: [Google]
psikyo.webm
1 MB, 510x694
1-2-TAP
1-2-TAP
1-2-TAP

Everything in this game goes from impossible to easy once you know the trick. I don't know if I love or hate it.
>>
File: mathias1-wrathofcrimzon.jpg (48 KB, 299x452) Image search: [Google]
mathias1-wrathofcrimzon.jpg
48 KB, 299x452
>>137826269
I'd rather play CCWI again.
>>
OH hey, Look what I stole form shmupfarm!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472
>>
File: saatana.png (35 KB, 153x179) Image search: [Google]
saatana.png
35 KB, 153x179
crimzon clover stage 2 boss is the most unfun boss in shmups ever

you cant prove me wrong
>>
>>137831085
I hate bosses that teabag you in the middle of the fight
>>
>>137830203
I posted that in the last thread as well. GET IN THERE AND VOTE, MAGGOTS.
>>
Has anyone tried this WIP game yet?

http://senro.net/stg/stg.htm

I can't get it to run without the framerate going out of control at 200 fps.
>>
Just went from rank 1800 to 800 in Ikaruga on PC
One day I will not be shit at video games
>>
>>137832649
Hey congrats. What difficulty?
>>
The Gorge is much easier with the girl exclusive to MBL, got to the boss this time
>>
>>137829625
You have some good taste, anon
>>
>>137827502
>Everything in this game goes from impossible to easy once you know the trick. I don't know if I love or hate it.
Just wait till loop 2 then where it goes from knowing the trick to brutally random bullshit and having to intuitively reading every situation especially bosses, making split second decisions of how and when you shoot because of the randomly timed popcorn element.
>>
>>137833914
Normal
>>
>>137830203
isn't this game already out? is this like an upgraded version?
>>
>>137835316
sounds frustrating
>>
>>137836306
Yes at first but when you get to grips with it its really addictive and fun.
>>
>>137836306
A lot of the harder modes are until you can handle them.
>>
NOT AGAIN!
>>
File: ebicen02.jpg (92 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
ebicen02.jpg
92 KB, 480x320
>>
>>137841032
>tfw no arcades
>>
>>137841256
>tfw arcades are fightan, light gun and one GnG
>>
>>137841256
iktfqw
>>
>>137841382
>GnG
Go play her anon
>>
You know what Sunday is? It's the start of the week, of course!

And the start of a week. Try and guess which game!
>>
>>137843991
弾銃フィーバロン?
>>
>>137844413
mayhaps!
>>
File: 1432956033744.jpg (714 KB, 2774x1993) Image search: [Google]
1432956033744.jpg
714 KB, 2774x1993
tfw can't practice because of headache
>>
>>137843991
The S in Sunday stands for Sand Scorpion!
>>
File: teleports behind you.webm (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.webm
1 MB, 1280x800
>>137845256
>tfw have to play so you can distract your mind from pain
>>
>>137843991
But... Sunday is the end of the week.
>>
>>137843991
Alltynex week?
>>
File: Casper.png (156 KB, 320x276) Image search: [Google]
Casper.png
156 KB, 320x276
Stay alive.
>>
>>137850572
/shmupg/ smiles in the face of death
>>
I can smell 200mil in Deathsmiles. Just need to improve scoring on Forest stage.
I've been thinking about dpad vs arcade stick for shmups. I've never played on stick but I assume dpad is pretty suitable for horizontals and stick really shines in verticals. Is this true?
>>
>>137851028
As long as the method of control isn't literally broken, it does not matter in the least. I almost solely use a dpad because I can make quicker direction changes like I'm accustomed to with a keyboard.
>>
File: 5318.jpg (89 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
5318.jpg
89 KB, 600x800
Please don't die on me again while I'm asleep!

Use those bombs!
>>
>>137853153
I make no promises.
>>
>>137851028
>I've never played on stick but I assume dpad is pretty suitable for horizontals and stick really shines in verticals. Is this true?
How would the scrolling direction make any difference?
And it's pretty widely accepted that dpad/thumbstick is the worst input method, but that doesn't mean it can't work for you.

Just be aware there will be a fairly long transition period if you pick up stick
>>
>>137855969
I would like to try a stick before buying it but the nearest arcade cabinet is 300 miles away.
>>
>>
>>137855969
>And it's pretty widely accepted that dpad/thumbstick is the worst input method
Still better than fucking keyboard
>>
>>137859920
>Still better than fucking keyboard
It's literally the exact same thing expect you get to use three fingers instead of one
The results are in - you're retarded
>>
>>137860221
It's not the same at all, retard. Pad is much more intuitive and you can do diagonals with it much better.
>>
>>137860440
>It's not the same at all, retard.
>4 buttons, one finger
>4 buttons, three fingers
It's exactly the same.

>Pad is much more intuitive
Just means you're more used to it, not a valid argument

>and you can do diagonals with it much better.
Bullshit. Three fingers covering the same area lets you do diagonals and change directions a lot faster and more precisely.
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (532 KB, 3060x1721) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
532 KB, 3060x1721
>I use a stick to play my shmups, I'm a real hardcore gamer!
>>
>>137860631
>It's exactly the same.
No, it's not the same at all. It is a huge difference if you have to use three fingers or only one.

>Just means you're more used to it, not a valid argument
No, it means that it is more intuitve if I just have to press right/up on the thumbstick or d-pad, instead of having to press two keys simultaneously.

>Three fingers covering the same area lets you do diagonals and change directions a lot faster and more precisely.
I thought it was exactly the same? Are you fucking retarded? First you say keyboard is better than pad, then you say they are the same, now you say keyboard is better again... You are obviously fucking retarded...
>>
>>137861148
>It is a huge difference if you have to use three fingers or only one.
Yeah, the huge difference is you have less control and precision, which is my point. Are you suddenly agreeing with me now?

>No, it means that it is more intuitve if I just have to press right/up on the thumbstick or d-pad, instead of having to press two keys simultaneously.
When I want to go up right on a keyboard, I press up/right on the arrow keys. Same shit. Are you stupid? The only reason you'd see that as any less intuitive is if you're just more used to dpad, which is not an argument for its general viability.
>>
>>137861341
>the huge difference is you have less control and precision, which is my point.
You don't make any points, fucktard. You constantly change your opinion and just talk retarded nonsense.

>I press up/right on the arrow keys. Same shit. Are you stupid?
It's not the same at all if you have to press two keys simultaneously with two fingers instead of just having to press a single direction with only one finger. You are obviously fucking stupid, since you can't even comprehend simple logic.
>>
>>137861682
>You constantly change your opinion and just talk retarded nonsense.
>first fucking post
>It's literally the exact same thing except you get to use three fingers instead of one
>except
Reading isn't hard, anon

>It's not the same at all if you have to press two keys simultaneously with two fingers instead of just having to press a single direction with only one finger.
On dpad you're pressing two buttons with one finger, on keyboard you're pressing two buttons with two fingers. Same thing but more control.
>>
Sleep enhances memory and learning ability. Always get enough sleep /shmupg/
>>
Place your pad on a flat surface and use an overhand grip to tap the d-pad and face buttons with multiple fingers, ignoring thumbs entirely.
>>
>>137861881
>Reading isn't hard, anon
You fucking retard first said pad is worse than keyboard. Then you said it would be the same, then you said it would be worse again, etc etc. You are completely fucking retarded.

>Same thing but more control.
It's not more control at all, in contrary, doing diagonals is much more difficult if you have to press two keys simultaneously with two fingers than just pressing in a direction with one finger.
>>
File: stage5.jpg (536 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stage5.jpg
536 KB, 1920x1080
Everytime I get to stage 5 my heart starts racing like crazy and I get super nervous. ;_;
>>
>>137862074
Why should anyone do this? There is a reason why people buy controllers for pc, just like there is a reason why arcades have a stick instead of a fucking keyboard layout, because many games are better played with controllers or sticks.
>>
>>137862074
I can't even begin to imagine how retarded this would look.
>>
>>137862564
>You fucking retard first said pad is worse than keyboard. Then you said it would be the same, then you said it would be worse again, etc etc. You are completely fucking retarded.
Thanks for proving you still can't read, because the answer to that is clearly right there in the post you just responded to.

>It's not more control at all, in contrary, doing diagonals is much more difficult if you have to press two keys simultaneously with two fingers than just pressing in a direction with one finger.
Are you only playing the first few stages of games? Because being able to instantly transition from direction to direction with perfect precision is mandatory for these games. When you have to physically move your single thumb around to do so, that's objectively less control than being able to cover multiple directions at the same time.

Try doing a pattern where you need to rapidly tap left and right with frame perfect precision, go ahead and tell me it's easier to rattle your thumb left and right than to press two separate keys with individually moving fingers.

There's no point in arguing with retards who refuse to read or take in basic logic.
>>
File: 1938565.png (173 KB, 376x243) Image search: [Google]
1938565.png
173 KB, 376x243
>>137860976
B-But I just like the stick out of personal preference... plus it might be nice to be used to controlling with a stick in case I get the chance to play in an actual arcade. Not that there are any around.

Really though, I think this argument is kinda pointless. People should use what they like and not care if other people use different controllers. It's certainly not worth fighting over.

It feels like we have this argument a lot, but I guess that's the price to keep the thread alive sometimes...
>>
>>137862943
>>137863364
I play JRPGs like this, since holding the controller is too much of a chore for those games and there's so little to press you usually only need one hand on the controller.
>>
>>137863364
>Thanks for proving you still can't read
I can read perfectly fine, but you just talk complete nonsense.

>Are you only playing the first few stages of games?
Post your scores if you think you are so much better, or stfu.

>Try doing a pattern where you need to rapidly tap left and right with frame perfect precision
I can do such patterns perfectly fine with a pad. I fail to see your problem with this.
Why don't you try to do a fast transition from pressing left/down direction to pressing right/up direction for a change?
Doing this with a pad is simple as fuck, but with a keyboard it is much difficult.
>>
File: 1457620052342.jpg (23 KB, 294x333) Image search: [Google]
1457620052342.jpg
23 KB, 294x333
>>137841256
>tfw you will never own an arcade named "Special Round" so you can tell people "WELCOME TO SPECIAL ROUND"
>>
File: kamui almost 1cc.jpg (85 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
kamui almost 1cc.jpg
85 KB, 800x600
Reposting from last thread. Score's in the top 10 on shmup farm and it's not even a 1cc.

>>137862074
That sounds very uncomfortable, I'm going to keep using my gamepad how I normally do.

>>137862676
Stage 5 is rough, but don't lose hope yet.
>>
>>137864137
>I can read perfectly fine, but you just talk complete nonsense.
If you still don't know what the word "except" means, then no, you can't read.

>I can do such patterns perfectly fine with a pad.
And you could do it a lot better on a real input method.

>Why don't you try to do a fast transition from pressing left/down direction to pressing right/up direction for a change?
>Doing this with a pad is simple as fuck, but with a keyboard it is much difficult.
In that example they're the same thing, you're moving one finger between two states.
So what you're telling me is in your best case example they're equal, in my typical example keyboard is better. So why even reply?

I don't care what method you use and prefer, but trying to pitch an objectively inferior control scheme with less rapid precision as the best is always going to be stupid.
>>
>>137866092
>If you still don't know what the word "except" means, then no, you can't read.
You fucking retard didn't even write "except", you wrote "expect". And apart from this were you acting as if it was the same.
>It's literally the exact same thing
>It's exactly the same.
You were acting as if using one or three fingers wouldn't matter, you fucking retard.
>And you could do it a lot better on a real input method.
So now pads are not "real input methods" anymore? You are trying to troll on the lowest levels now.
>In that example they're the same thing, you're moving one finger between two states.
You do not move one finger on keyboard there, you have to move three fingers.
>So what you're telling me is in your best case example they're equal
No, they are not equal at all. Pad is obviously better for these games. The best is still arcade stick, but keyboard is just complete crap for these games, except you only play simple shit like touhou or whatever.
>>
>>137867739
>You fucking retard didn't even write "except", you wrote "expect". And apart from this were you acting as if it was the same.
I don't even have words for how stupid you are if you can't read through a blatant typo.
Ignoring context and arguing semantics instead of the actual point only weakens your argument.

>You were acting as if using one or three fingers wouldn't matter, you fucking retard.
Even more proof you can't read.

>You do not move one finger on keyboard there, you have to move three fingers.
No, you move one. Left and right fingers stay exactly where they are.

>No, they are not equal at all. Pad is obviously better for these games.
"I'm right because I say so" is not an argument, anon.

Intuitiveness has nothing to do at all with hoe effective an input method is. Hitboxes for fighters are unintuitive as fuck but lots of tournaments ban them because the amount of control and precision they give you is practically cheating.

Meanwhile your only argument for pad is "hurr it's more intuitive"
Fuck off retard, you lose. Play whatever you want, but don't run around trying to convince yourself the shitty method you're used to is better.
>>
>>137868329
>Left and right fingers stay exactly where they are.
If you do this you won't move at all, you fucking retard. All you will do is just moving upwards when pressing up.

But whatever, I'm done arguing with retards like you.
>>
>>137868814
Pressing a button is not moving a finger, it's already in place. Moving a finger from place to place weakens precision, having fingers already on multiple spots so you don't have to move before pressing increases precision.
On keyboard you just have to press for everything but up/down, on pad you always need to move and press. I don't understand what there is to not get about this.

>But whatever, I'm done arguing with retards like you.
Right back at you!
>>
No please, don't stop yet we could use the bumps.
>>
>>137869194
This. I don't want to deathbomb the thread constantly.
>>
File: gradius stage7 full recovery.webm (3 MB, 696x544) Image search: [Google]
gradius stage7 full recovery.webm
3 MB, 696x544
I did a thing
>>
>>137871037
Impressive!
>>
when u panic bomber at the end of a fight
>>
>>137871358
You can feel the survival rank kicking in. The old route for the middle section was too dangerous to do here because of the higher rank.
>>
>>137872610
Is this Gradius or Nemesis? There is a startling amount of shit flying around at 0:15.
>>
it boggles my mind how someone got 300 mil on ds arcade
>>
>>137873064
Just regular old Gradius. The reason there was so much there was because I messed up a little and had to dodge my way out of it.

If it was Nemesis you would have seen some mercy powerups at the start.
>>
bampu
>>
Deathbombing just in time.
>>
File: nemesis.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.webm
2 MB, 640x480
Decided to do Nemesis for comparison.
The mercy powerups make it much easier, and the rank seems to increase more slowly too.
>>
>>137869130
>Pressing a button is not moving a finger
Of course you move a finger if you press a button... LMFAO how retarded can you be
>>
>>137876313
>>137877806
Is /vg/ really that fast today?
>>
>>137878196
>multiple
Judging by the last thread, I'm guessing that's the PAL version of Nemesis, which isn't as stupid as NTSC Nemesis.
>>
>>137878693
There are two versions of Nemesis, one is an exact clone of Gradius with a different title, and multiple instead of option. The other also has the text changes in addition to a modified rank system, mercy powerup enemies appearing after death, and the ability to continue. This is the latter.
>>
>>137879072
Ah. Sorry, still really retarded when it comes to Gradius. Should really fix that if I'm gonna post here.
>>
>>137880612
Don't worry about it, Nemesis is pretty irrelevant nowadays. It's just that weird localization that there isn't much reason to play anymore.
>>
>>137878492
Try reading the second and third sentences too
>>
>>137878507
You have no fucking idea.
>>
Actually, I've heard of some people who want to play the original Gradius on actual hardware buying PCBs of the unmodified version of Nemesis.
The original bubble memory PCBs of Gradius are mostly non-working now, and the ROM version is apparently very rare and expensive. So they go with nemesisuk since it's much cheaper and easier to find than either a working bubble board or a Gradius ROM board.
>>
>>137881052
Try using logic for a change. You make no fucking sense.
>>
>>137884142
>being this asshurt that you were wrong and have no arguments to defend yourself
>>
>>137884423
In your dreams retard. Keep living in your twisted reality.
>>
>>137884643
still waiting for that argument, any time you're ready
>>
Nothing beats the feeling of executing ultra-precise omnidirectional tapping that the keyboard is capable of generating.
>>
>>137884884
What argument? There is nothing to argue about. If you think you don't have to move a finger when pressing a button then you are clearly retarded.
>>
>>137885131
>>137881052
>>
at least we won't 404 now
>>
>>137885398
Speaking of, the /vr/ thread is almost dead too.
>>
>>137885394
I already read your nonsense, fucktard. You still have to move a finger when pressing something, though.
>>
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/strikers1945/strikers1945.htm
It says here the first 5 levels of Strikers 1945 are in a random order. Is this a mistake? It seems like only the first 4 are random
>>
are there any shmups with music/instrument themes?
>>
>>137885603
So when are you going to show me how dpad is better?
>>
>>137885958
I already did, but you will never accept it. Keyboard obviously sucks at diagonals, which is very important in arcade games, but if one is as retarded as you, you can not comprehend why.
>>
>>137885958
Can you counterstop Futari Ultra?
>>
>>137886275
Most of the people who have done that used a stick
>>
>>137885840
I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, but Symphony makes a stage out of songs that you have on your hard drive.
>>
>>137886353
To be honest I lost track of what was being compared and with what.
>>
>>137886225
I explained to you how that's not true, and you just ignored it.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong.
>>
>>137886469
He basically said keyboard is better than anything.
>>
>>137886423
nah i meant like a music aesthetic
>>
>>137885785
4 random 4 fixed
>>
>>137886469
keyboard vs dpad/analog
>>
>>137886563
Hm. Let it be known, also in relation to the dpad, that everything Gobou did he did on a dpad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaXmnG7dBk
>>
>>137886495
You didn't explain shit, all you did is talking retarded nonsense.
Just because you can lay two fingers on your 4 directions on keyboard, doesn't mean it's better at anything.
You can't even do a fucking 360 motion on a keyboard without breaking your fingers, because they fucking suck at diagonals.
>>
>>137886838
>You didn't explain shit, all you did is talking retarded nonsense.
It's not my fault if you can't read.

>LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I'M STILL RIGHT
Whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo.
>>
>>137886958
If you got no arguments, just stfu
>>
>>137887093
Take your own advice
>>
>>137886838
>You can't even do a fucking 360 motion on a keyboard without breaking your fingers, because they fucking suck at diagonals.
Not him, but this is bullshit. I can easily do 360 degree motions, it just takes some practice. Hell I used to play that Touhou fighting game with a keyboard, and I promise that the dragon punch combo is a lot harder than a 360.
>>
>>137887201
I don't believe you one word. Just the fact that you play touhou fighting games is reason enough to ignore you.
>>
>>137887358
lol okay, thanks for the bumps.
>>
>>137887358
He's pretty good if he played IaMP, Hisoutensoku is pleb tier though.
>>
>>137887148
I posted arguments, you just ignored them.
>>
>>137886838
>Just because you can lay two fingers on your 4 directions on keyboard, doesn't mean it's better at anything.
It means you can change directions faster and more precisely, since those two directions are both covered at once.

>You can't even do a fucking 360 motion on a keyboard without breaking your fingers, because they fucking suck at diagonals.
Your own lack of skill with a control scheme doesn't mean it's bad.
It's time to stop posting.
>>
File: 1456078448605.jpg (1 MB, 1480x680) Image search: [Google]
1456078448605.jpg
1 MB, 1480x680
>>
>>137887608
>It means you can change directions faster and more precisely
I can change directions perfectly fine with pad or stick. Also if you have to move left-down and right-up for example, keyboard becomes complete crap.

>Your own lack of skill with a control scheme doesn't mean it's bad.
This has nothing to do with skill, fucktard. Just because some people also can play fighting games with their mouth, doesn't mean it's an acceptable input method.
>>
>>137888069
>This has nothing to do with skill, fucktard
This has everything to do with skill. You suck eggs with one control scheme and so assume it's the input method's fault, and when presented with people that perform just fine with a keyboard you bunker down and shitpost about it.
>>
File: 1437682691534.png (422 KB, 474x434) Image search: [Google]
1437682691534.png
422 KB, 474x434
>>137886809
>put all this effort into a perfect run
>used an external modification so the replay is void
>>
>>137888069
>This has nothing to do with skill, fucktard.
>I can change directions perfectly fine with pad or stick. Also if you have to move left-down and right-up for example, keyboard becomes complete crap.
Oh the irony.
It's funny how the amount of skill you have on your control scheme of choice does count but the amount of skill you have on the one you don't like doesn't.

Shmups rarely even have you moving in 360s, which is keyboard's weakest point, but shmups have you CONSTANTLY tapping left and right with a high amount of precision necessary which is pad's weakest point.
You're right, skill level has nothing to do with this, the baseline control capabilities of each method when played at optimal experience does, and that's where pad falls short.
>>
>>137888251
I don't even ever played with keyboard seriously, fucktard, because I know that it's crap. It's just common sense that pad and stick is better, because you don't have to press keys simultaneously to do fucking simple diagonals.

There is a reason why arcade machines have sticks on them, and not fucking keyboard layouts, dumbass. Because playing arcade games with a keyboard fucking sucks.
>>
>>137888660
>There is a reason why arcade machines have sticks on them, and not fucking keyboard layouts, dumbass. Because playing arcade games with a keyboard fucking sucks.
There's also a reason why arcades don't have fucking dpads.
Nobody's saying keyboard is better than stick, they're saying pad is the worst of the three.
>>
>>137888581
Only by Royalflare's retarded-ass rules
>>
>>137888854
I don't know where the hell you got that idea, each input method has its drawbacks and it literally only matters to autists.
>>
>>137888602
>It's funny how the amount of skill you have on your control scheme of choice does count but the amount of skill you have on the one you don't like doesn't.
I already explained why it doesn't count, but you are too retarded to understand it.
>Shmups rarely even have you moving in 360s, which is keyboard's weakest point
I used the 360 example to emphatize on the fact that keyboards suck at diagonals, fucktard. And diagonals are needed in this genre, no matter what kind of simple crap you like to play.
>>
Gee, it sure is hard to use two fingers at once.
>>
>>137889349
Keyboard doesn't suck at diagonals, you suck at keyboard.
Have you never used arrow keys for anything in your fucking life? Like, I don't understand how it's possible to be bad at that
>>
>>137888854
>Nobody's saying keyboard is better than stick
Except you fucking retards say this the whole time here, but you are even too dumb to understand your own words.

If you say keyboard is better than pad, just because you can lay your fingers on some keys, then this also means you think it is better than stick.
>>
Are there any top-tier 2hu players who use stick btw? I'm curious
>>
I think it's better to bump this thread every 40 minutes instead.
>>
>>137889637
>Except you fucking retards say this the whole time here, but you are even too dumb to understand your own words.
Show me where anyone in this conversation has said keyboard is better than stick, and not that keyboard is better than dpad.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>137889591
Of course it sucks at diagonals. It is something completely different if you just have to press a fucking direction, than if you have to press key combinations simultaneously.
>>
>>137889824
It's too late for that anon.
Nothing to do but sit back and bet on who will win this argument.
>>
>>137889950
>WOW I HAVE TO PRESS TWO BUTTONS TO MOVE TWO DIRECTIONS AT ONCE
>SO FUCKING HARD, MY BRAIN CAN'T HANDLE THIS
>I STILL HAVE NO ARGUMENT FOR MORE RESPONSIVE LEFT AND RIGHT MOVEMENT SO I'LL KEEP SHITPOSTING ABOUT HOW I'M BAD AT DIAGONALS AND HOPE HE FORGETS
>>
>>137889849
Again, you say it the whole time, retards.
>keyboard is so awesome for rapid direction changes because you can lay your fingers on 2 of your 4 keys
>>
>>137888967
>retarded-ass rules
lol
>>
this hurts
>>
>>137890292
Maybe not as retarded as that alcoholic hack ZUN for not including native d-pad support in the first place, but still pretty retarded.
>>
>>137890269
>mentioning one of the keyboard's strengths means we prefer it over stick
Can this thread 404 already, we need to reset.
>>
>>137890269
>not a single word about stick
Still waiting.
>>
>>137890209
>>WOW I HAVE TO PRESS TWO BUTTONS TO MOVE TWO DIRECTIONS AT ONCE
You also could press 10 keys to do diagonals. Doesn't mean it's a good idea to do this though.
>>
>>137891139
Name a controller that requires 10 keys to do diagonals.
>>
>>137890535
If you say that this "strength" is the reason why it is ostensibly better than pad, then you also think it is better than stick, because stick is similar to pad in this regard.
>>
>>137890779
>i can't use simple logic
Still laughing
>>
>>137891305
>because stick is similar to pad in this regard.
You use your whole hand on stick though, you use all 5 fingers to manipulate it rather than one thumb.
As far as I'm aware that's why the order is generally considered stick > keyboard > pad, but at the end of the day it really doesn't fucking matter and you should just use whatever you want
>>
>>137891239
What does this even have to do with this?
>>
>>137891474
>>137891549
>>
I've never lost and thought, 'well shit, if only I was using a different input method I would have won'. This argument is completely pointless, just play with whatever you want and get good with that.
>>
>>137891646
>What does this even have to do with this?

>>137891139
>You also could press 10 keys to do diagonals

Either point out a controller where this is actually necessary, because without an example this is just a stupid argument to absurdity.
>>
>>137891549
You still have to move the stick though, just like you have to move an analogue stick or dpad or whatever.

The argument was about keyboard would be better because you have to move your finger manipulate the dpad, instead of having 2 or 3 fingers rested. On a stick you also have to move your fingers instead of having them rested, but this doesn't mean shit.

Also where did anyone ever come up with that keyboard would be better than pad? In general people prefer pad much more keyboard. Keyboard is something which people will laugh at you for, if you say you use it.
>>
>>137892135
inb4 the "either" I forgot to delete when I was typing up this post is used to "prove I'm a retard"
>>
>>137892135
You fucking retard just miss the whole point. Just because it is easy to press 2 keys simultaneously, or to press 10 keys or 20 keys simultaneously, doesn't mean it is a good idea to constabtly having to do while playing a game.
>>
File: 55364694_p0.png (850 KB, 1107x958) Image search: [Google]
55364694_p0.png
850 KB, 1107x958
You know Hina/Hibachi has grown on me for the past couple years. Though I will admit, I did cringe a bit when I saw Hibachi turn into her for the first time.
>>
>>137892334
So you can't provide a single example of having to use more than 2 keys to do a simple movement. Pressing 2 keys at once isn't a hassle for people that aren't developmentally stunted, pressing 10 keys at once would be but that has never ever been necessary.

Christ, I'm going back to Kamui. I hope this thread burns.
>>
are there any shmup episodes of gamecenter cx?
>>
>>137892596
Who cares if it ever has been necessary? Using your logic, if you can't press 10 keys whenever doing diagonals then you are also fucking retarded.

Anyone can press 10 keys simultaneously.
>>
>>137892516
I'm willing to accept her existence if only because lolibachi rolls of the tongue so well.
>>
>>137892736
There's one where kacho plays NES Gradius and gets wrecked.

There's another where he plays Futari Ultra and gets wrecked
>>
>>137892736
I'm sure they played Gradius at some point, was even posted on these threads. I'll go look and post if no one else does first.
>>
>>137892736
Episode 136 is Gradius, and I think he plays Futari in non-challenge portion of 68.
>>
File: fucking kek.jpg (67 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
fucking kek.jpg
67 KB, 634x476
>>137892736
>>137893129
Yup, as >>137893162 says it's episode 136. Also this is the first picture that comes up if you google Gamecenter CX
>>
>>137892516
She's cute, but the fact that she exists still pisses me off. Hibachi should be a mechanized doomsday machine, not some frilly girl with a squealy voice.
>>
>>137862074
That's probably how fucktards who prefer keyboard play with pad lol (so basically noone)
>>
>>137893162
Oh, he also plays Gradius in ep 9, in a find the secrets thing. I didn't know there was another Gradius episode.
>>
>>137892158
There's a big difference between manipulating the controls themselves and moving YOURSELF to the controls before you manipulate them. It's another layer of interaction that needs to take place before your intended input is read by the game.
On stick you don't have to do it at all, on keyboard you need to do it for up and down, on dpad you have to do it for everything.

>In general people prefer pad much more keyboard. Keyboard is something which people will laugh at you for, if you say you use it.
Source?
Popularity has nothing to do with this and it just shows me you're desperately grasping as straws for ways to defend yourself.
>>
>>137892962
That actually does roll off the tongue the more I say it.
>>137893531
>Hibachi should be a mechanized doomsday machine, not some frilly girl with a squealy voice
The funniest thing about that is that her voice actress also voices Madoka Kaname. You can only imagine my face when I found that out. Though yeah nobody will deny she's adorable.
>>
File: 1421651391236.jpg (20 KB, 380x254) Image search: [Google]
1421651391236.jpg
20 KB, 380x254
>>137893897
>her voice actress also voices Madoka Kaname
You've got to be shitting me.
>>
>>137894063
NO bullshit. Both of them were voiced by the same person.
>>
>>137893383
>5 minutes in and he's already cheating
lol
>>
>>137893801
>There's a big difference between manipulating the controls themselves and moving YOURSELF to the controls before you manipulate them.
If you play with analogue stick you also don't have to "move yourself" lol. Also, if this would play any role on a dpad, then people would use dpads like this >>137862074 instead of with their thumbs. But noone does this, only if you are fucking retarded perhaps.

>Popularity has nothing to do with this
Of course it has to do with it. You retards argued that keyboard is generally seen as better than pad, which is actually complete nonsense. In general people prefer pad much more, and keyboard players are defensive as fuck, because everyone just laughs at them.
>>
File: eat-shit.jpg (222 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
eat-shit.jpg
222 KB, 900x600
>>137894517
>Also, if this would play any role on a dpad, then people would use dpads like this >>137862074 instead of with their thumbs.
Of course not, because if you're going to try and make pad better like that you'd just use a keyboard instead.

And it's widely known objective fact that popularity =/= quality so there's no purpose in even trying to play that card.
>>
>>137894184
>it's actually true
Holy fuck.
>>
>>137894873
>Of course not, because if you're going to try and make pad better like that
The fact that you really think playing with a pad like that would be better only proves how retarded you are.

>And it's widely known objective fact that popularity =/= quality so there's no purpose in even trying to play that card.
It was not me who played that card, fucktard. I was just responded to you retards arguing that keyboard is generally seen as better.
>>
>>137895306
>The fact that you really think playing with a pad like that would be better only proves how retarded you are.
That's the exact opposite of what I just said so I guess we're back to the whole "you can't read" thing

>>137895306
Of course, it was posted by the other sperglord autist brainlessly defending a shitty control scheme with zero arguments and constantly calling everyone "fucktard."
Oh, wait...
>>
>>137895526
>That's the exact opposite of what I just said so I guess we're back to the whole "you can't read" thing
You are totally missing the point again, fucktard. You said you think it is better to play with a pad in such a retarded way, playing it with your fingers, than how you would use it usually, with your thumbs. Only a fucking retard can think that way.
>>
>>137896225
>You said you think it is better to play with a pad in such a retarded way, playing it with your fingers, than how you would use it usually, with your thumbs
But I didn't say that.
Reading.
>>
>>137896440
>if you're going to try and make pad better like that
>make pad better like that
>>
>>137896565
There are more words in the sentence after those, I highly suggest reading them
>>
post your scores?
>>
He's obviously trolling, stop replying.

>>137896698
Already did. 21 million in Kamui, now I just need to get an all clear alongside it.
>>
>>137896698
i got 65 mil in DS arcade with rosa but died to tyrannosatan
>>
>>137896690
These words don't change anything about what you said. Just because you think keyboard would be still better, doesn't change the fact that you said playing on a pad like a retard would be better than playing it like a normal person.
>>
>>137896937
>These words don't change anything about what you said.
Yes they do.
Thanks for confirming you can't read.

>doesn't change the fact that you said playing on a pad like a retard would be better than playing it like a normal person.
This was never said.
>>
>>137896802
nice, but what was your input method?! this is the only way to get the retards to shut up.

>>137896921
likewise!
>>
>>137896802
He is not trolling, just fucking retarded

>>137897053
>This was never said.
>if you are going to try and make pad better like that
>>
>>137897192
>nice, but what was your input method?! this is the only way to get the retards to shut up.
Dpad on a 360 Afterglow. I was actually planning on moving back to keyboard for a while, since I wanted to go back for some hard or lunatic clears in that series that triggers people, and ZUN can't into dpads.
>>
>>137897428
>rest of the sentence
>>
>>137897470
Again, the rest doesn't change anything about what you said.
>you'd just use a keyboard instead.
Doesn't change anything about that you said playing a pad like a retard would be better than playing it like a normal person.
>>
>>137897435
I've heard that ZUN himself plays on one. is that no longer true?
>>
>>137897637
You'd use a keyboard instead because doing that on a pad would be retarded.
You can't read.
>>
>>137897428
>He is not trolling, just fucking retarded
He's either trolling, in which case you're feeding him, or he's retarded in which case you're not going to convince him of anything. Stop posting.

>>137897729
Well then he's gone full shmup because I'll be damned if I can get the dpad to work in the games of his I want to play.
>>
>>137897759
If it would be retarded why do you say you'd make pad better like that?
Also, why is acceptable to play keyboard but not pad like that? It's basically the same.
>>
>>137897985
Because pressing buttons with more than one finger is better, doing it on a little tiny thumb-sized dpad on a controller that doesn't sit flat or stable is a terrible idea.
How stupid can you get? Why am I even still replying to you?
>>
>>137898254
>pressing buttons with more than one finger is better
What does this have to do with it now? We were specifically talking about playing a pad with multiple fingers now...

>doing it on a little tiny thumb-sized dpad on a controller
There are many pads with quite big dpads. Your 3 fingers easily can fit on it.
>doesn't sit flat or stable is a terrible idea
It sits a like a stick. There is absolutely nothing unstable about this.
>>
>>137898710
>X
>what does that have to do with anything? we were talking about X
jesus christ dude
>>
>>137897435
You should go for a clear in UFO, that game triggers even the people who claim to like Touhou.
>>
>>137898807
You really should learn to express yourself. You only write complete nonsense.
>>
>>137899007
I would but it triggers me, too. More interested in LLS and PCB lunatic and SA hard than ever touching UFO again.
>>
>>137899007
>You should go for a clear in UFO, that game triggers even the people who claim to like Touhou.
UFO was hell. That game frustrated me to no end.
>>
File: Yotsuba_NO.jpg (45 KB, 576x353) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba_NO.jpg
45 KB, 576x353
>>137899007
>You should go for a clear in UFO
>>
>>137899007
tfw 11 and 12 are my favoirite 2hus
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

DariusBurst CS Sega ships are out!!!
>>
>>137902025
Fuck me, I just spent all my money on Gungeon.
>>
File: 241m Casper.jpg (71 KB, 367x547) Image search: [Google]
241m Casper.jpg
71 KB, 367x547
>>137896698
A run from like 2 years ago on the 360 port. I actually think I can beat this on the Steam version soon, I just gotta get more consistent with my route. And stop fucking up at Hades Castle.
>>
>>137897192
i use stick but used pad when i was learning ccwi/getting back into shmups
>>
>>137897192
Stick for arcade, keyboard for touhou/similar doujin stuff
>>
>>137897192
>>137902864
Also I used stick.
>>
Goodnight, /shumpg/, dream of high scores

Don't die on me
>>
Looks like Deathsmiles peaked at 6k Steam sales after all.
>>
File: 4PJ3MNs.jpg (255 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
4PJ3MNs.jpg
255 KB, 1080x1920
>>
>>137905145
We should have autismo control scheme arguments more often, keeps the thread bumped
>>
>>137905145
High scores, a TLB run ,or fucking the girls from the shmup, dream on.
>>
>>137908170
Her normal outfit is cuter.
>>
File: tc9yaQW.jpg (270 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
tc9yaQW.jpg
270 KB, 1080x1920
>>137910264
Yes it is. This is also Windia, apparently.
>>
The DBCS Sega pack is really fucking fun holy shit

Opa Opa 4 dayz
>>
>>137911713
If not for the wings I wouldn't be able to tell, even after being told.
>>
>>137822308
Yo guys, I just got into the genre with Crimzon Clover and REVOLVER360. On the former, I can only last without making a continue until the third stage and for revolver I can't get past the third stage. Any tips for getting better besides you know play more, since that's implicit.

I have to say, I shouldn't have denied this genre, I'm having a blast
>>
>>137913374
You have to find what makes you your best. Some people concentrate, others try to enter a sort of zen state. This is the most general rule.

For specifics: learn when to use bombs. Don't let them sit stockpiled if you need to use them to save your life, that's what they're there for.

Crimzon Clover is a great starting point for the more traditional side of the genre, so good choice.
>>
whens zing zing zip week
>>
>>137913658
I have lots of trouble with stage 2 boss. But I do my best when I concentrate on what's going on, that goes with Revolver too. I think I need to manage my bombs way better. And get a better controller because mine is about to die
>>
>>137913904
after Xevious week
>>
>>137914103
Consider a stick. There was arguing before. Honestly, I use a regular controller depending on the game, but for the most part I use a stick
>>
>>137914239
I never considered using a stick. I'll try mine then and see how does it feel. Thanks dude
>>
File: 5318.jpg (322 KB, 1000x1304) Image search: [Google]
5318.jpg
322 KB, 1000x1304
>>
File: ApJjGTR.jpg (208 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
ApJjGTR.jpg
208 KB, 1080x1920
>>
>>
File: 1440640644629.png (212 KB, 2500x1504) Image search: [Google]
1440640644629.png
212 KB, 2500x1504
>>
File: 1447179882094.jpg (121 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1447179882094.jpg
121 KB, 600x800
>>
Jesus christ i wake up and it's another spectacular shit storm about fucking controllers? Can we please just finally settle on it being personal preference and fuck off with this tiresome never ending solution starved debate?
>>
>>137924975
D-pads have more input lag and are therefore objectively worse than keyboard and stick.
>>
>>137926204
Blahblah whatever cunt. A tool is only as good as its user and in my experience after 4 years of stick i switched to pad and have since destroyed every one of my high scores since which were all already decent. Keyboard might be "objectively" the best in theory but i am total shit at keyboard so in reality for me it's the weakest tool. I don't expect you to grasp this you number fetishist slab counting sperg fuckboi, type of cunt to build a cock from lego.
>>
>>137926690
>Keyboard might be "objectively" the best in theory but i am total shit at keyboard so in reality for me it's the weakest tool.
Keyboard seems to take months to learn in comparison to the other popular options so I think this is why it gets so much hate. That and because it's associated with Touhoufags I imagine.
>>
>>137926690
I'm not talking about specific cases since obviously someone who is used to one controller will play better with that. What I mean is that if the circumstances are the same for all players the ones with better controllers will play better.
>>
>>137927074
>What I mean is that if the circumstances are the same for all players the ones with better controllers will play better.
Fanciful, but impossible, since no two players are the same.
>>
>>137927074
>What I mean is that if the circumstances are the same for all players the ones with better controllers will play better.
Oh so you think entirely in completely fictional theoretical terms and apply them to real life arguments? What a dumb ass, see
>>137927241
>>
>>137926985
It doesn't get any hate from me though I just accept everyone has a tool they prefer. My only gripe with keyboard play is all super plays done with them I can spot a mile off as they are full of janky correctional movement and it just looks visually unappealing but of course it doesn't detract from the achievement of a high score.
>>
>tfw Tyranno-chan will never swallow you whole
>>
File: 1442516362162.jpg (131 KB, 616x750) Image search: [Google]
1442516362162.jpg
131 KB, 616x750
>>
File: 1406503190769.png (545 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1406503190769.png
545 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>137911845
Is the DLC worth getting then? I thought it was pretty expensive
>>
>>137924975
I wish
>>
>>137922372
What game is this?
>>
File: volcano milk.webm (3 MB, 870x680) Image search: [Google]
volcano milk.webm
3 MB, 870x680
>>
>>137942810
Never thought of this, nice
>>
>>137943692
Make sure your options are exactly like mine or you'll get a rock in the face at some point.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 112

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.