[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/evn/ - English Visual Novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: Vo5z%2Fw.png (503 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Vo5z%2Fw.png
503 KB, 1280x720
Vehicular suicide edition

Discussion about the making or playing of English Language Visual Novels.

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it.
Want to talk about Katawa Shoujo or similar evns? /ksg/ is the place for you.

>Getting Started:
http://pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating

For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
http://meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

Ren'Py Download:
http://www.renpy.org/

Previous Thread >>136369882
>>
I'm in.
>>
>>136815365
It better be a japanese truck.
>>
>>136815714
better than average =/= good.
>>
>>136815714

DanganRonpa looks a hell of a lot more professional
>>
>>136815902
Not even pro level VNs have perfect anatomy or artwork. So listing minor problems with amateur made VNs like it's some kind of huge problem is a little silly, don't you think?
>>
>>136816058
I'm not sure about anything other than the first game, but the CGs are terrible if you actually go back and look at them. The sprites aren't bad though.
>>
>>136816143

The thing is that "using fancy coloring to hide basic anatomy/composition problems" is annoying as hell.
>>
>>136816394
Go ahead and give me a redline of all those anatomy issues and I'll show you just how minor they are.
>>
>>136816143
just pointing out how the faces look really off. No need to get mad.
>>
>>136816394
>annoying as hell
For you.
>>
>>136816637

This. It's the faces. And honestly, the face is the worst thing you can fuck up in a drawing.
>>
>>136816689
>not annoyed by wonky anatomy
For you
>>
>>136816637
I'm not mad, but you really should be more descriptive in your criticism. Just say you don't like the style they used for the faces, not that they used fancy coloring to hide the bad anatomy issues.
>>
>>136816901

> it has to be the same anon, because no way two different people could find the anatomy weird.
>>
>>136816552
Remember, we're the same group of people who flipped shit over Tao drawing some lips, minor or not it's going to be highlighted.
>>
This just in: art is subjective. What doesn't matter to you may in fact matter to someone else, and no amount of trying to tell them it's not a big deal will help.
>>
>>136816789
No? I don't care for perfect anatomy.
>>
>>136816981
Then show me where the anatomy is wrong, because I think you're talking out of your ass for some reason, and I want to know why.

>>136817043
I know, and I'm going to bother the fuck out of all of you until you give some decent examples of what you're talking about. I hate one sided conversations.
>>
>>136816901
>Just say you don't like the style they used for the faces
not that anon, but it's not a style problem. She's got weird proportion issues when it comes to faces. Funny thing is that she can draw old men and old women just fine.
>>
>tfw hit a massive brick wall with planning out an important part of my plot
I've got clear objectives that I need to reach but I don't know how to cover them, or think of satisfying explanations for why they're the way they are.
>>
>>136817221

Their entire lower jaws are too big for the rest of their faces and it makes them look like Ron Perlman.
>>
Post your word count /evn/
>>
File: pp1.png (6 KB, 255x201) Image search: [Google]
pp1.png
6 KB, 255x201
>>136817637
>>
Male yanderes and female yandere romance when?
>>
reverse trap romance evn when?
>>
>>136817865
What program is that?
>>
how long does a sprite take you guys? i find the design process takes me a really long time.
>>
>>136818384
Scrivener, it's a really good word processor. Spell check is a bit frustrating at times, however.
>>
>>136817248
Write through it. That's all you can do. Come back to it during editing and clean it up.
>>
>>136817221
The problem with stylised drawings is that there is always the cop out that "it's my style", but if we're talking about anatomy: as >>136817485 pointed out, the lower part of the face is always blown out. I've seen people pointing it out about her art over and over again, with the most common comparison being made with horse faces. Some people do have weird proportions but she draws everyone like that, whether they're supposed to be ugly or not.

The anatomy of the body is very symbolical as well, which could work better if she didn't use the more painterly coloring she goes for, because it highlights errors more. The muscles of the neck and the clavicles are placed with no consideration for the function they perform, the muscles on the forearm are more or less chicken leg like, the hands are more often than not claws and the legs are scrappily drawn, when they're there.

Sure, if the threshold is "it's free and some JVNs do shit stuff", then we really can't criticise it.

Danganronpa's character art isn't my cup of tea, but it's much more characterful and flows better in terms of gesture.
>>
>>136818551
Depends? For something like nano, if I have the concept already done, a couple of hours at max.
Concept art doesn't take me long because I don't detail things, just color strokes and simple shapes.

For something commercial I take more time doing lineart and coloring, so I think two sprites per day is the max I can do.
>>
>>136819164
thank you based anon!
>>
>>136819301
For what?
>>
>>136818685
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. I just started writing what I thought the characters would do and got a nice section that I feel introduces some of the relevant characters and gets the reader familiar with them.
But now I'm past that and it's such a headache trying to decide what should happen next.
I'll get it in the end, I guess.
>>
Rather than talking about Auro's art, let's talk about firecat's nanoreno wip 3 days before end of nano http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37742&sid=25d71b72a23c9c2db0a7248d92bafc88
>>
File: woops.png (823 KB, 851x623) Image search: [Google]
woops.png
823 KB, 851x623
>>136819164
>but it's much more characterful and flows better in terms of gesture.

I mean, say what you want, but Japan gets a pass for this crap most of the time. This is one of the better CGs believe it or not. I call it a weeaboo pass. If the creator is Japanese, nearly everything gets overlooked or passed over. Looking at the art as a critic you can easily see the flaws. If the artist draws the faces long like that, it's a stylistic choice. Skull anatomy is rarely ever followed in manga, cartoon, and anime. Everything else is very minor really. The body and neck anatomy looks fine. I'm just constantly in awe at how many people expect everything to be just like anime in a thread for English VNs. Most of the issues come down to that simple fact. It isn't Japanese enough for you guys.
>>
>>136820981
Where do people get those sprites? I've seen them in no less than 5 VNs and even TyranoBuilder uses those sprites for their demo. I think only the hair and clothing changes, but the face and body are exactly the same.
>>
>>136821095
i still think DR still flows better in terms of gesture. Sure the legs are too long and there's other anatomical errors, but the picture in general looks professional compared to Auro's art.

And it's not because I'm a weeb and the artist is japanese. Infact, the art looks like they traced 3D models and added their own spin to it. The DR artist is just more skilled at gesture and natural looking bodies, and the faces are anime style that's proportioned.

In comparison, Auro's art looks stiff and the way she draws faces gives them a weird unbalanced look.
>>
>>136821095
No, I've told you what I think works better and what I see wrong with the stuff Aurocyanide does, which is what you asked.
You can make stylistic choices and people can think those choices are bad, it's not an excuse. You're just dismissing our opinion on the basis that you've decided we only like Japanese stuff.
>>
File: woops2.png (765 KB, 874x647) Image search: [Google]
woops2.png
765 KB, 874x647
>>136821609
>The DR artist is just more skilled at gesture and natural looking bodies, and the faces are anime style that's proportioned.

No. Just no. The faces are completely derpy in nearly every CG for DR, and it looks like the sprites were done by an entirely different artist. Most of the sprite facial features are pure symbols. They even use a straight up 3 for Hina's mouth sometimes. The gestures are terrible mostly. I can't help but imagine you are not an artist, and you've never studied gesture drawing in your life.
>>
>>136821428
Hm, I'm thinking dlsite, or something. Pretty sure firecat is using his um, sprite generator? To be honest, this user is such a mystery to me. Other than his bad reputation.
>>
>>136821928
No, I did not. You're twisting my words. Liking a certain style is subjective, that is not the issue. Whether anatomy and stylized anatomy are properly portrayed or not not is a different matter. You don't just say, I don't like their style, so their anatomy is wrong. It doesn't work like that. They either are, or they are not.
>>
>>136822097
Can't we agree that style is subjective? No need to argue on what's batter than the other. I'm sure Auro can take crit if you tell her about the proportions. Every artist is about moving forward and learning to improve from their mistakes.
If you're arguing for arguments sake, then I won't stop you.
>>
>>136822383
I'm arguing for the sake of argument. I have nothing to gain here. I have no affiliation with the artist, and I don't even like the art style myself. The original argument was not about the style, however, it was about the anatomy.
>>
File: Beta_Nanami_sprite.jpg (17 KB, 380x240) Image search: [Google]
Beta_Nanami_sprite.jpg
17 KB, 380x240
>>136822097
>No. Just no.
okay man, look carefully now.

Please compare this to...
>>
File: tumblr_o3rsrofhAK1ulbmmzo1_540.png (186 KB, 540x484) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3rsrofhAK1ulbmmzo1_540.png
186 KB, 540x484
>>136823340
>>136822097

this at the 3/4's view
>>
>>136823543
It is a bit of an unfair comparison, the DR 3/4 isn't any more realistic than Auro's 3/4. You need to post a photo of 3/4 head.
>>
>>136822357
And where did I say that her anatomy is wrong because I don't like her style?
>>
>>136823340
We were discussing the first game, remember? I said I didn't know anything about the others. At any rate, that sprite is not amazing and it looks like you purposefully picked the worst sprite from the other artist that you could find. That aside, one thing I think we can all agree on is that DR has a serious case of sameface. When you use the same exact face for every character, it would probably be a simple task to get it to look correct, would it not?
>>
>>136824037
If you jumped into the conversation midway through and took up the reigns from someone else, I can't help you. If the comment wasn't directed at you just ignore it. If not, you aren't paying attention to the conversation.
>>
>>136823741
It's not more realistic, but the eyes aren't obviously different sizes and the lower part of the face isn't melting off the skull.
>>
>>136824164
i don't play DR man. Just googled DR sprites and I picked that one. All the DR sprites look pretty decent. The one I picked from Auro is one of her more highlighted sprites that she herself is proud of. It's a sprite from the current game she's working on and he's a finished version.
>>
>>136824320
Boy is this anon chat confusing => a newbie here.
Aka, I'm the anon who believes that everyone has their own opinions. Auro has her fans, and you're not one of them. nbd Her fans can enjoy the work that you're critical of and that's no big deal either. But one things for sure, any Cyanide Tea game will get JP's approval lol
>>
>>136823741
>>136824164

Compare her art here:
http://cyanideteadev.tumblr.com/tagged/Character-Concept

and google DanganRonpa concept art and just look at the images section.

The quality in difference is right fucking there. It's pretty damn obvious.
>>
>>136824320
You're the one who replied to my post in particular. I pointed out what problems there are with her anatomy, as I said there as well. There is no denying the faces she draws are really wonky, it's not simply a matter of style and that's way too often used as an excuse.
>>
>>136824409
But I suppose to other people, they'll think that sprite has a turnip head. Not sure which one's better anon.
>>
>>136824164
>I think we can all agree on is that DR has a serious case of sameface.
The average female face is similar, but you've got people like Sakura and Hifumi in the first game and even more faces that don't fit the mold in the second.
>>
>>136824881
Maybe it's a style that's still in it's growth period? In a few years, Auro will realize that one eye is bigger than another and learn to fix it? Like Deiji.
>>
dumbest topic to keep the thread going yet.
>>
>>136825170
Deiji draws really cute girls and bishounen, but every other type of man she does look weird, too. But that isn't her fault as much as people that hire her.
>>
>>136824869
Yeah, it's an amateur artist vs a Japanese studio that makes games as their job and has released around 30 professional games including franchises like pokemon and one piece. No one expects it to be better, but to say that DR artwork is not plagued with glaring mistakes is an outright lie.

>>136824881
The faces are wonky. They look fine, but they are a bit wonky.

>>136824970
Don't remind me of Hifumi's face please. 83
Also Sakura was the best character.
>>
>>136825402
Are you sure? I argued with an anon about if weed was a drug or not for like three hours once.
>>
>>136825567
That was...fun.
>>
>>136825170
This is clearly the case. Messing up the eyes like that is a beginner mistake. The artist seems to have skipped learning proper forms and anatomy in favor of moving on to coloring with a very basic knowledge of how things should look. They really should work on the facial structure. It would improve the appeal of their art 10 fold.
>>
>>136825715
Well, Auro's background is graphic design. Can't blame that major for not having an adequate ground for anatomy. It's amazing how she grows though, I gotta say. Despite her wonky mistakes. In a way, mistakes can become a style.
>>
>>136825715
I guess I can agree that without mastering proper basic knowledge, it does get in the way of stylizing, as shown that drawing anime without learning anatomy is more likely to harm an artist's growth.
>>
>>136825964
I love her GUI designs.
>>
>>136825527
>Yeah, it's an amateur artist vs a Japanese studio that makes games as their job and has released around 30 professional games including franchises like pokemon and one piece. No one expects it to be better, but to say that DR artwork is not plagued with glaring mistakes is an outright lie.

nobody said DR's artwork was flawless, but to say that preferring DR's art over Auro's because we're weebs who automatically think Nippon is superior was uncalled for. Everyone unanimously started to agree when I posted comparison pics, it's like the person defending Auro never even looked at her work in the first place.
>>
>>136826678
Yes, and her backgrounds are stunning.
>>
>>136826678
yeah i think she does the best GUI. she opened slots a while back but sadly they seem closed now.
>>
>>136826754
I would love to defend Auro, knowing her work from when Break Chance Memento started, but I gotta agree, the eye size problem had always irked me. I was wondering when she'll notice and fix it. Been waiting since 2011.
>>
>>136826754
The art is largely fine for an amateur, that was the point. I compared it to DR not because I was saying it's better art than DR art, but to prove the point that even professionals have issues with their art and often. The only real issues people have brought up is the facial proportions, which are wonky, but that can be fixed with time. I'm mainly arguing this point because some anon said they should just hire an artist to do the art for them, which was a ludicrous statement. If that happened to be you, slap yourself for me.
>>
>>136827412
Damn, is that how this topic/argument started? What if that anon already disappeared, leaving behind this mess?
>>
>>136827412
It wasn't me, but I've slapped myself anyway. What should I do next, anon?
>>
>>136827684
First, take off all your clothes. Then work on your game.
>>
Which EVN should I read to ease the crushing loneliness and lack of purpose in life?
>>
>>136827684
Convert to Islam and make arabic vns.
>>
>>136830195
you should play rpg.
>>
File: tn_1235245586270.jpg (8 KB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
tn_1235245586270.jpg
8 KB, 220x180
so tell me /evn/

what are you working on, what's the niche you're in?

pic may be related
>>
>>136830195
https://kyuu.itch.io/tuesday
Carpe Diem: the EVN
>>
>>136830195
Sakura Clicker
>>
File: Ara_0027_var-2-shy-closed.png (2 MB, 1371x2894) Image search: [Google]
Ara_0027_var-2-shy-closed.png
2 MB, 1371x2894
>>136832842
>what are you working on
Alpha's Adventures
>what's the niche you're in?
R18 Yuri
>>
>>136835769
Oh nice, I saw this on lsf, good luck. Can't wait to touch some anime titties with anime titties.
>>
File: 250px-197Umbreon[1].png (38 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-197Umbreon[1].png
38 KB, 250x250
>>136835769
My mind instantly goes to Umbreon whenever I see the thumbnail of this sprite. Looks and sounds really good though.

I've really got to get some writing done on my own project. I've been so lazy. Even if I can just get a few lines down today I'll be happy that at least SOME kind of progress is being made. ;_;
>>
File: demo ready.png (123 KB, 400x233) Image search: [Google]
demo ready.png
123 KB, 400x233
> http://purinproductions.blogspot.com/p/demo.html

looks nice.
>>
File: soon.jpg (785 KB, 3248x2224) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
785 KB, 3248x2224
Soon.
>>
>>136832842
A lot of math.
>>
>>136837289
what is this?
>>
>>136837783
looks like an SC3VN teaser
>>
>>136837289
the colors hurt my eyes, but okay.
>>
>>136837289
I can't tell if that's one of the characters or the main protag.
>>
>>136837289
>Red and blue version of SC2VN

pokemon monetization strats
>>
>>136832842
>what's the niche you're in?
That glorious ground in between subtext and actual lesbian romance which will disappoint everyone involved.
>>
>>136840834
it's okay. I'm a veteran shipper thats used to subtext.
>>
>>136832842
I'm working on Parallel Percent, I guess my niche is sci-fi. I don't talk about my project much, I'll make a LSF thread someday soon I guess.
>>
>>136824686
Reminder to everyone not to make a game for JPs stamp of approval. Don't get lost trying to appease reviewers. Make the games for your fans.

Don't have fans yet? Think of the audience you're reaching.
>>
>>136832842
Fetish, kinks, and fluff.
>>
>>136843327
And what happens when they don't play it because of conspiracies?
>>
>>136843327
Thanks, that's pretty solid advice. Especially since I don't like JP.
>>
>>136827268
If you care that much, you can tell her instead of waiting. Maybe your wish will come true.

Afraid to tell her? Send it anonymously like a Tumblr Ask or if she uses that ask.fm.
>>
>>136843762
I don't care that much, since it's a common mistake that anime stylized artists tend to do. I let it off since I think her current work has improved to the point that it doesn't even matter anymore.
>>
>>136843608
Some visual novels he gave low scores to are still loved. There might be some readers swayed by his reviews.

The vast majority of people are smart enough to know what is opinion, personal likes and dislikes.

If your games is on steam, player reviews weight more than opinion from his site.

If your audience likes games in your genre, they will read more than one review before forming their own opinion.

If you still fail, figure out why and try again.
>>
>>136843327
What is the reviewers ARE your fans?
>>
>>136844680
Uploading on Steam seems scary...
That Green Light process...
>>
>>136825459
Someone said she was slow in a previous thread but she's really fast during Nanoreno. Too bad she doesn't draw for bishoujo games anymore.
>>
>>136844959
Then that's great for you.
>>
You think it's hard to compose your own songs as a newbie?
>>
>>136845539
Yes.
>>
Sex game.
>Western style art
>Animu style art
Pick one, but only the best one.
>>
>>136845539
Paying for music doesn't cost that much. Very few people criticize you for using pre-made music. Just choose ones you think no one has heard. The ones from Tam Factory will interfere with the experience because a lot of people heard them before
>>
>>136846192
do we mean western style like detailed semi-realistic painted witchblade stuff, or do we mean western style like spaghetti noodle limbs and ren and stimpy faces, or do we mean western style like tits and tumblr noses?
>>
>>136847010
What's a Tumblr nose?
>>
>>136847010
Western style like Akabur games.
>>
>>136847207
fucked if I know but we're always complaining about them so

i mean, I think it means that the nose is overly round and large and has a red shine on it for no particular reason?
>>
>>136847602
Well, that google image search result was entertaining.

That stuff always says "porn comedy" to me more than actually sexy though.
>>
>>136847983
You can't have comedy and sexy at the same time?
>>
>>136848317
Not really, for me? You can have naked comedy, but if I'm giggling at it as a comedy, I'm not being turned on by it.

When I was a teenager I used to watch a lot of bad softcore porn movies and found them stupidly hilarious but not erotic.

I guess if it's only slightly comedic, a bit saucy and teasing instead of an outright farce, then it can still be sexy. But overall they're very distinct reactions to me.
>>
>>136849020
Akabur makes some of his art to look like say, Disney princesses. Do you have a sudden reaction to laugh whenever you see a Disney princess? What about the sad scenes in Frozen? I get where you're coming from, but I think your reasoning might be off a bit.
>>
>>136849237
>Do you have a sudden reaction to laugh whenever you see a Disney princess?

When I see them naked, yeah, kinda.

I may simply have seen too many shitty porn flash games in my time.
>>
>There are loads of visual novels that I really love from developers like Winter Wolves, Otomate/Idea Factory, Nitroplus, Cyanide Tea, and MoaCube. But I'm pleased to say that Hackers Versus Banksters is completely unlike any of the VNs they've ever released.

why
>>
>>136850298
I'll tell you why

>I say that Hackers Versus Banksters is unlike any other vn on the scene, because I personally loved this game and I have to make my writing exciting somehow by hyping it up and offering you some exclusive piece of news that I hope will entice you to keep reading this review I worked so hard on
>>
>>136850298
Sauce?
>>
>>136850298
Well, none of those developers would ever put their names on something with such little effort put into it.
>>
>>136850298
Yo, I saw this and I call bs on it. You don't just call out a bunch of vn devs that make varying quality of games and compare it to your piece of shit first time vn.
>>
>>136850298
Is this because of Twitter today?
>>
>>136851085
Oh wait that's just the KS page. My bad. I thought someone reviewed it "positively" or something.
>>
>>136851381
what happened on Twitter?
>>
>>136851381
Probably Auro tweeted it and I found it on tumbr.
>>
Holy shit. So I just tried the Starlight Vega demo for the first time today, because yuri isn't really my thing. Something seemed weird about the text to me, but then I realized what it was: I'd read this shit before.

Not even joking, look up a graphic novel called "Amulet" called Kazu Kibuishi. The first book, "The Stonekeeper." The very beginning of that book is the exact same as the start of Starlight Vega. Even some of the lines and dialogue are copies of each other. In both, the main character and her family move to their grandfather's old house because "new things cost money." The grandfathers vanished under mysterious circumstances. They decide to clean the place up because there's so much dust and they don't want to sleep outside. The main character hears a noise and stumbles upon Grandpa's old study. Finds a mysterious book. When they touch it, a crazy powerful stone comes into their life.

Holy shit guys. I'm not even kidding. If I had a working camera I would take pictures of the graphic novel to show you the copied lines.
>>
>>136851359
It's literally true though. Hackers vs Bankers is completely unlike anything ever released by a decent company.
>>
>>136851750
This doesn't surprise me one little bit, especially considering the history of that game.

OTOH probably nobody much cares, either, especially if they phrase it as a 'parody' or 'inspired by'. There's still people who get seriously bent out of shape about kara no shoujo supposedly ripping off some other series but most people don't GAF
>>
>>136851750
Does your phone count as a camera?
>>
>>136850298
Can't we ignore this person. It's like punching down. They're not worth it.
>>
>>136851768
And the creator looked like she self inserted herself into the vn.
>>
>>136852007
i only found it since auro cyanide was ranting on twitter.
>>
>>136852007
I agree. I'm fairly sure this was put in to attract any attention possible, we're better off leaving them in obscurity.
>>
>>136853598
I see... So that was the plan.
>>
>You play a sort of Ugly Americans peacekeeping bureaucrat between humans and monsters and end up banging one of them.

I'm surprised it took someone this long to notice (or at least comment on it).
>>
Did the new patch fixed everything wrong in sunrider ld?
>>
>>136853598
build wall the visual novel
>>
>>136853948
apparently yes and then some
>>
>>136853948
Nothing could fix EVERYTHING.
>>
Should I make a Kickstarter noticeable enough by Sekai so they would pick and fund it?
>>
>>136855235
They don't fund people who aren't their friends.
>>
>>136840834
internet high-five
>>
>>136855235
They'll fund you like they funded Monstrous Lovers and promote you like the rest of the EVNs where the best you can hope for is a tweet.
>>
Would the reception for the new Rising Angels have eben better if it had been sold as 'Early Access', where updates are expected?
>>
>>136856275
i think they should have funded ML.
>>
>>136856286
I doubt it. Early access is a death trap and you still lose that initial release.
>>
>>136856738
>death trap
why?
>>
>>136856945
Because you get the stigma of episodic and the stigma of everyone thinking your game is a buggy mess.
>>
>>136856683
that would require for them to care about evns in the first place.
>>
>>136857183
It seems to have worked out okay for some games.

People put up with Sunrider Academy being unfinished for eons.

Besides, if your game literally is unfinished on release surely it's better to have the reviews of it then marked as Early Access reviews
>>
>>136857596
Sunrider had a massive fanbase and had all the framework from the start. Besides, it isn't like the Rising Angels game had bad reviews. Most people who played it, including /evn/, seemed to like it.

Even if you have the episodes 90% done from the start, episodic is a turnoff.
>>
File: gig.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gig.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
Slav master race coming through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXi0-lJI96Q
>>
>>136860253
Anon, you had your shilling moment last thread. Give it a little time before you try again.
>>
Which reminds me, I kinda collaborated with a Slav and I'm rather shocked to read that he has like 300 CGs waiting to be colored...

Are commission rates in Slavland that cheap?
>>
>>136815365
>those character sprites
>and
>those BGs
>and
>that textbox
Their team leader is complete shit. Or do they have excuses ?
>>
>>136861313
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that it's a nano project
>>
>>136861313
What's wrong with the textbox?
>>
>>136856275
>Sekai Project retweets more stuff about ML than tweets
You'd think they would at least make their own tweets. Right now it looks like they see a tweet on their timeline and then go "Oh yeah we're funding that!" and RT it
>>
>>136861538
That's spaced out question mark anon you are replying to, don't expect an actual critique.
>>
>>136861313
Sprite looks pretty nice to me. Is it stock?
>>
>>136862423
>>136861313
>Don't know OTL
This guy has advertised his VN in quite a few places you know. He wrote the entire story and then went around asking for artists to help. He got some luck and a really nice artist drew all his sprites and CGs for free.
>>
>>136862291
The actual critique is: they don't match together and BGs and UI is complete shit, but that's irrelevant
That's why I blamed TeamLeader.
>>
>>136862608
It's all mismatched from whatever volunteers he could get, so beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>136862608
>UI is complete shit
Please elaborate. I agree with the assets not matching, but the UI doesn't look that bad besides not having quick save and load options.
>>
>>136860359
Well, to be honest, no one's said anything about the song including me
>>
File: socute.png (381 KB, 1038x791) Image search: [Google]
socute.png
381 KB, 1038x791
omg so cute ^_______^
>>
>>136864562
you're cute :3
>>
>>136862153
That's better than ignorign it completely!

Honestly if the writer has a good tweet already RTing has some advantages because it will point followers to that account
>>
>>136862608
Give him a break man. At least he finished his chinese flip book.
>>
File: jiiv11C.jpg (86 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
jiiv11C.jpg
86 KB, 800x560
>>136864562
so cute!
>>
>>136864562
HAHAHAH ALL THOSE NAMES ARE SHUFFLED FROM AKB48 MEMBERS.
>>
>>136864562
That user is literally 11 years old. How do you end up on LSF at 11?
>>
>>136864973
Don't you have to be 13 years old to sign up for email/online message boards or some shit? I remember an old pokemon board I used to frequent banning people who admitted to being under 13 for some reason like this.
>>
>>136865091
I feel like LSF should implement similar rules, if they don't already exist.
>>
>>136864562
>>136864772
This looks fucking hilarious, and based on the "dark comedy" tag it sounds like it's intentional, which is a good sign. Getting a real LLTQ vibe from this one, where you alternate between playing cute dress-up games and striking sinister business deals.
>>
JESUS CHRIST IT'S ANOTHER RUSSIAN PROJECT.
>>
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=29331

NO WONDER IT'S SO FAMILIAR.
>>
>>136865091
COPPA?
https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule
>COPPA imposes certain requirements on operators of websites or online services directed to children under 13 years of age, and on operators of other websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information online from a child under 13 years of age.
>>
>>136865546
Where ?
>>
I am deeply rustled.
>>
>>136865546
>>136865631
>http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=29331
>Last Post: Sun Dec 28, 2014
Are you alright ?
>>
>>136867461
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37865

This. Man, the Russians are rolling.
>>
>>136867565
It's written/designed by the same guy. The new thread has the artist posting in behalf of the old poster...
>>
>>136867461
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37865
Russian programmer, at least they got a writer who appears to be a native english speaker which I think is more than you can say for 50% of EVN
>>
>>136836612
normally i dont do this but you've got some problems with your demo

you should play through it again. there are missing sprites and hope's name appears before he is introduced
>>
>>136867747
>Using the same "unreleased" idea
>Bad thing
Why you so salty ?
Looks like previous project was never finished, so they started a new one, just reusing old assets.
>>
>>136867998
It's literally the same project. First thread is from december 2014 in the recruitment forum, saying "pls join my project," the other thread is posted in the WIP forum by the new guy actually saying "other guy has been working on this since 2014, I joined the project in 2015". Sounds like the recruitment thread worked out for him then, as he now has a writer and an artist.
>>
>>136867998
Huh? I'm not even salty anon, I was actually glad to see an old project come to life again.
>>
>>136868325
So why you angry again ?
>>
Nah let's just forget what happened lol.
>>
>>136868978
what happened?
>>
>>136868745
I don't think the project was ever even dead to begin with, devs have probably just been working in secret for the past year+. Shit takes time yo
>>
1h10m bump
>>
does it even matter
>>
>>136875363
shhhh
calm sleepy white bumps matter
>>
>>136875363
#EVNthreadlivesmatter
>>
IfuckinghateeverythingwhydoIkeepgoing
>>
>>136879004
Why not, really?
>>
>>136879004
because you know you can't make a masterpiece on your first/second/third/etc try, but every shitty attempt still moves you closer to the goal, so it's better to trudge along
or maybe it's not and we should just kill ourselves
>>
Super long thread reply on a time budget edition.

>>136861313
It looks good, shut up jealousy master.

>>136862153
The people who sign with them only have themselves to blame. They obviously saw something worthwhile in the deal, or they just didn't believe their project would succeed any other way.

>>136862291
Don't tell him. Now we won't be able to identify him.

>>136862423
Is this the automatic assumption? If a sprite looks good it must be stock or traced?

>>136862608
Here's your reply. I hope you enjoy the attention.

>>136864562
I like it.

>>136864606
No you're cute, baka.

>>136864848
Never end a series of HAHAHA's on an H. What's wrong with you?

>>136864973
The same way you end up on many sites. Google.

>>136865294
That wouldn't keep anyone out. They would just make new accounts and not make the mistake of giving their ages again. That's generally how it goes.

>>136865546
There's a bunch of Russians and they have nothing better to do than be cold and hunt bears. They finally got computers and the Internet, so they can do something that's not hunting bears for the first time in their lives. You should be happy for them, comrade.

>>136868746
4chan is how they vent their anger, or they are very emotional about this issue for some reason.

>>136868978
No one will forget.

>>136875363
It always matters.

>>136875719
Why do they have to be white though?

>>136878091
This anon gets it.

>>136879004
You need to relax.

>>136879257
I started this and I'm going to end it.

>>136879739
Or maybe you should go shove a waffle up your ass.
>>
File: here your reply.jpg (15 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
here your reply.jpg
15 KB, 234x230
>>136880913
>>
>>136881653
Here's yours in return, friend.
>>
Thread of the Dead
>>
>>136836019
Thank you anon.
>>136836348
Haha, I can see why. It is quite the striking resemblance. Laziness is a hell of a drug, and I know how hard it is to battle sometimes. Just keep doing your best, and try not to take it too easy, and progress will come naturally.
I believe in you, anon.
>>
paging mr President
>>
>>136886850
ground control to major tom
>>
What is the VN with the undisputed most amazing character art?
>>
>>136887920
Mahou Shoujou Fuck Off With Your Poor Bait.
>>
>>136887920
Mine :^)
>>
>>136888034
It's not bait asshole. I'm asking so I can see some good art since I don't play VNs myself. How about you go stick your face in some water and leave it there?
>>
>>136887920
>undisputed
>character art

I hope you realize your mistake
>>
File: DakimakuraVincent-600x900.jpg (88 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
DakimakuraVincent-600x900.jpg
88 KB, 600x900
I wasn't planning to print pillowcases for myself because I already have too much shit like this already, but now I really want to.
>>
>>136888971
What are you faggot?
>>
>>136888828
>not bait
>undisputed most amazing character art
Oh, you're right. It's not a bait. It's just blatant shitposting.
>>
>>136888867
>Thinking I am capable of making mistakes
I hope you realize how inadequate you are at life.
>>
>>136889358
If you think it's shitposting, why are you responding to it? Your need to demonstrate your superiority is just enabling them.
>>
>>136889358
>Calls me a shitposter
>Is doing nothing in return but shitposting
Just what kind of point are you trying to make?
My plan is already well underway.
>>
>>136889536
Fuck. Good point.
>>
>>136889696
If you had any brain cells, you would have realized that from the start. How about you spend time answering my question instead of reverse-trolling me, onii-chan?
>>
>>136889221
Fujo
>>
File: DakimakuraBen-600x900.jpg (101 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
DakimakuraBen-600x900.jpg
101 KB, 600x900
>>136889221
I'm not even a proper weeb. All my stuff is from western shows.
>>
>>136890471
I would swap his face and head pose because the first one looks more lewd than the second one.
>>
>>136890471
undisputed best boy
>>
>>136892602
Don't say undisputed here. It triggers people.
>>
>>136892653
Undisputed trigger word.
>>
File: smug_anime_girl (94).jpg (13 KB, 252x276) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_girl (94).jpg
13 KB, 252x276
>>136892653
What if this is my goal?
>>
Anything positive going on with your projects? Any goals for the week/day?
>>
>>136891094
Vincent enjoys being lewd, Ben is a little more reserved.
>>
>>136895915
Trying to decide if I should pull out a Love Live SIF style card thing on my game, like a new card per relationship level up.
>>
File: prev.jpg (68 KB, 765x635) Image search: [Google]
prev.jpg
68 KB, 765x635
>>136895915
Gutted half the plot, now we only need a fraction of resources planned and while we'll still blow the 'reno timeline, at least it'll hopefully be done in the next month instead of the next decade. It sort of given me back the motivation to finish.
Also writer buddy resurfaced so the other project is possibly back from the dead.
>>
>>136895915
The goal for today is finishing writing so I can start slaving over Python input. Nothing special. I just want to get to the beta-testing stage so I can collect feedback before releasing our first demo.
>>
>>136896985
>765x635
Kool aspect ratio brah
>>
File: screenshot0013.png (676 KB, 1184x666) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0013.png
676 KB, 1184x666
Tell me /evn/, should I do away with this kind of presentation and go full-blown icons?
>>
>>136897615
it's a fragment broski
>>
>>136899181
Yeah, icons would be better, I think. Or maybe arrange them on a wheelie wheelio or something.
>>
>>136899775
Thinking of having the MC appear at one side, then a radar chart showing possible (added) values if the player hovers overs a button.
>>
>>136896873
Will you implement gacha too?
>>
>>136899181
The perspective of this room gives me a headache.
>>
Has anyone else played Rising Angels Hope? My playtime counter isn't working. All my other games count my playtime just fine, but that one.
>>
>>136906427
I heard someone else in a previous thread saying this, unless that was you
>>
>>136906660
The Steam overlay says how long my play session lasts, but once I close the game the time doesn't get applied. This is really gonna suck when the Steam cards for it come out.
>>
>>136905075

Yea the coloring is not all bad but the perspective is seriously wrong there.

I'm not an artist myself, so I can't pinpoint exactly how to fix it, but it's really...really messed up.
>>
>>136906427
I guess there's no hope for you
KEK
>>
>>136906965
It might still work if you keep it running?
>>
>>136906427
Mine works just fine. I've seen this issue before with random steam games.
>>
>>136905075
>>136908237
it's not one of them free resources people give out on lemma? I thought I've seen it somewhere.
>>
>>136896985
That looks nice, I like the tree bark.
>>
>>136896985
I love it, more pics please
>>
>>136909365
I wonder how many people would refund a several hour long game if Steam doesn't register more than 20 minutes of your playtime. Luckily I'm not that much of an asshole.

The game hasn't recorded any playtime past the first time I launched it to make sure it worked. Usually if it's a Steam issue, none of the games would be recording time. I'll try Steam's suggested fixes and see if any of them work, if not I'll try reinstalling the game.
>>
>>136910058
What was the easiest way to fix it?
>>
>>136912646
>I wonder how many people would refund a several hour long game if Steam doesn't register more than 20 minutes of your playtime. Luckily I'm not that much of an asshole.
I wonder if you can actually do this. I have games that I've played for 30 hours that only show 30 minutes played because I was playing them offline.
>>
>>136912646
>Usually if it's a Steam issue, none of the games would be recording time.
Steam can be quite weird.

I can't see any logical way that reinstalling the game would help. The main thing I can think of is that I know some renpy games won't mark time correctly on Steam if you run them as administrator because that screws with the permissions of the bits Steam is trying to run to log it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.