[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Barog/ Barotrauma General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1458413999549.webm (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1458413999549.webm
3 MB, 1440x900
game is kill edition

>What is this?
A free SS13-ish game about dying horribly on a submarine.

>Where do I get it?
http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

>Is there a server?
There is usually a server being run from here in /vg/, and they are often password protected. Check the thread for details.

>Where do I get the subs?
https://mega.nz/#F!3MUDiAJb!6FxQW3qXBTmcXBmBppQCfw
You can also download custom subs from the host if you don't want to get them manually.

>What do I do in-game?
If its your first time playing PLAY THE TUTORIAL. It's short and it will teach you everything you need to know. General rundown is: Get generator running, set up the railguns, go to objective marker, kill monster/get artifact, go to endpoint. Also fix any hull breaches and get any unwanted water out the sub during all of that.
These tasks are all shared across the crew obviously, so you don't have to (and shouldn't) do all of it yourself.

>I'm new to this, should I take assistant?
No. The game has character skills and the assistant is objectively worst at everything. Take engie or mech.

>What are the controls?
WASD to move, E to interact, Tab to chat. LMB uses most objects in your hand, some others have to be "aimed" with RMB first, like any weapon or the welder/cutter.

>How do I set up the generator?
Set shutdown temp to 6-7k, then fission to 100% until around 2k (grid load and temp should be the same), then enable auto-adjustment and you're basically done unless someone fucks with it. Just make sure to replace the fuel rod once it's empty.

>How do I set up the railgun?
Set the capacitors to charge at 100% and put the shells into the loader (pick them up with E, then hit E on the loader and drag them into the boxes with your mouse).

>How do I fire the railgun?
E on the periscope, then RMB to aim and LMB to fire.
>>
First for newbie
>>
File: deepsea1.png (443 KB, 1279x799) Image search: [Google]
deepsea1.png
443 KB, 1279x799
Holy shit it keeps dying

aaaaaa
>>
we should just move to the forums or a slower moving imageboard
>>
This newbie always arrives too late for the game
>>
We can try bumping it, but it won't work forever
>>
Faggots stop working & get in here!
>>
>>135749608
Game is dead, this is a cycle, it will come back to life soon, when regalis does an actually meaningful update to the game
Just let it die for now
>>
>>135760337
this, game was dead for a few months and then came back and now it's dying again
>>
>>135755559
There'll still be servers hosted every now and then for a while probably
>>
>>135766994
The one server that's up is full. I've never encountered that before.
>>
Sadly, I think I'm gonna become pretty infamous by the time this game comes out.
>>
Just make a thread on /v/ if you want players. I have the feeling this general is actually detrimental to the game, because people for some reason think it's now the only place where it should be posted about. No shit we have less and less players compared to one or two months ago when there were threads on /v/ constantly.

That said:>>135590148
>>
File: Barotrauma_Justice.webm (2 MB, 754x474) Image search: [Google]
Barotrauma_Justice.webm
2 MB, 754x474
>>
>>135775191
It's a hard life being a janitor in a submarine
>>
Current version?
>>
>>135782329
Just use the launcher
>>
File: Barotrauma_Ladders.webm (803 KB, 750x472) Image search: [Google]
Barotrauma_Ladders.webm
803 KB, 750x472
Remember when desync was actually bad?
>>
File: Barotrauma_PlayerDesync.webm (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Barotrauma_PlayerDesync.webm
2 MB, 1280x800
>>135785130
>>
is there a server up?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.