[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/PGG/ Paragon General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Paragon1.jpg (77 KB, 582x383) Image search: [Google]
Paragon1.jpg
77 KB, 582x383
Early access/ open beta started today
https://www.epicgames.com/paragon

no thread

first thread?

>everything is either under or overtuned
>>
Not sure this is gonna be popular enough for a general, but i'm about to start and have no idea what i'm doing. Wish me luck.
>>
does anyone know if penetration affects abilities?
>>
>>135655234
energy penetration does
>>
>>135658125
does physical pen not affect physical abilities?
>>
So here are a few things that I've noticed today
-Kallari abilities do not scale with damage
-you can only upgrade cards with stats that are already on the base card
-jumping is pretty much useless
>>
>>135661597
It shold , like speed atacks
>>
>>135663305
well, rn kallari's ult and dagger don't scale with damage, so I figure I might as well try to go full armor pen and cooldown on her.
>>
I really hope we will be able to trade cards with other players, or at least refund some for rep or craft them into packs.
>>
been getting flashbacks to Evolve from chasing Rampage all over the fucking map.
>>
I know it's F2P, but will this require PS plus
>>
>>135666878
who is stupid enough to chase when you get free tower if you have slightest advantage
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-14-22-58-52.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-14-22-58-52.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
I'm downloading it now, it better be worth the time and HDD space but since it's a moba by epic so it just mite b. I've never even heard of this till today.
>>
Is it cross plat?
>>
>>135675105
Yeah. Buy it on one platform you get it on both as well.
>>
When it installs is it supposed to make the PS4 sound like a jetengine?
>>
File: tumblr_ntz0pjxdgw1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg (568 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntz0pjxdgw1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
568 KB, 1080x1080
This game is pretty good. Loving it so far.
>>
Murdock's ult a bit too powerful in my opinion. Really enjoying the game so far too.
>>
>Attack damage isn't 1:1 ratio and differs across each hero.
>you can't use armor pen to boost damage by making it go negative
>lifesteal is per hit, and you can get the same amount as regen costs the same so there is no point
>locked out of trying your new upgrade because you didn't get a card with that stat on it.
>its possible to never get a certain card you need for a build

the game is really fun, but the card system and stats need a big rework.
>>
>>135689481
I understand that they were copying the mechanics from hearthstone and warframe, but you can't buy packs, and you can't recycle cards or buy specific cards. so I don't get why they make it intentionally frustrating.
>>
>>135651289
is that cat in the mech decent?
>>
>>135663301
When Gideon teleports other players can enter his portal if they jump through it. So jump has mechanics
>>
>>135667357
no it doesnt the devs confirmed
>>
This looks like a shitty Monday Night Combat
>>
>>135689481
>>135689709
Of course the card system is intentionnally frustrating. It's for players to spend a lot of money on card packs. Some kind of thinly veiled paywall, like Hearthstone; You either spend money to have powerful cards, or play the game 12 hours a day to stand a chance against paying users, card-wise.
There will always be a difference in chances to win between free users, and paying users.
And I'm slightly buttmad because my friends convinced me to buy the $20 pack, and told me the game was intended to be F2P right after I did that.
Well, at least we can enjoy the game a bit before the gap between free and paying user becomes too big.
>>
>>135707103
I thought you couldn't buy packs. They stated multiple times the only way to get them was by playing games.

>>135689709
I think they mentioned in the live stream a few days ago that they were going to implement and recyc/crafting system at some point.
>>
>>135713463
>>135707103
Like I said, you can't buy packs...yet
Thanks for the info glad crafting is coming.
>>
>>135715378
I'm gunna be a bit hopeful on the fact that the won't make packs purchasable. They've been very big on the whole "if it effects game play then you can only get it from playing the game."

I remember someone relating the cards to runes in league. I can't remember if it was someone else or epic so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>135716529
Even if you can't buy packs with real money in the future (Which I doubt), you're able to buy RP/XP boosts right now.
Players buying those will get two times more packs than people who don't. Still affects the gameplay.

Also I have absolutely no idea of how enhancements works. Sometimes I just can't put enhancements on an item with free slots, even though I have spare cards and everything. Also whqt's up with those card types, like "Rage" type?
>>
File: ZSk88kR.gif (4 MB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
ZSk88kR.gif
4 MB, 500x210
>Go check out the game beta
>Turns out I already have an account
>Log in
>display name is "UT 3 Reskinned"

so what's this game again. and it's early access right
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.