[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hg/ HITMAN GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84
File: agent-47.jpg (403 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
agent-47.jpg
403 KB, 3840x2160
Essentially no general edition

THE HITMAN SEASON HAS OFFICIALLY PREMIERED.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/

Also, does seriously no else in the world have this game yet? Will be continually bumping this thread until people jump in. Need an actual place to discuss the game.
>>
File: 00457.png (320 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
00457.png
320 KB, 600x582
>tfw you're the only assassin in the world
>>
>>134827764
Best Coast USA here, still no access to the Steam version dispute preloading.
>>
>>134832573
Well when you do, be sure to come here to discuss it.
>>
I won't let you die just yet.
>>
Are the loading times on PC as terrible as on PS4?
>>
>>134842503
I have it on PS4, and I can understand why it takes close to a minute to load up. It really is that big of a level.
>>
>tfw will have to try not using disguises
My self diagnosed autism makes me not liking disguises. I feel that they don't really make much sense to use, and that a professional hitman leaves no marks on the world whatsoever. I've tried doing most lvls on absolution suit only, but it's a pain in the ass. As its my second playtrough the game usually would load a disguise I used in the first one. Very annoying. Hard to use the suit because it involves messing with the AI, throwing items and shooting at walls/objects. Hope it's possible without messing with the AI in this game.
>>
>>134843000
You're gonna have to in order to scope out the level though, no way around it.

Also I've been trying to make my first run a Silent Assassin run just to see if I could, and no luck thus far. It's interestingly difficult. Spent a long long time familiarizing myself with the level and still it's difficult, which I'm absolutely loving.
>>
>>134843271
Remember to throw objects and shoot at distant objects. It works to distract the AI. The AI won't see you unless you are exactly in front of them.
>>
Almost 2-hours to go, what's everyone doing to distract themselves?
>>
Has anyone done the bomb in the camera assassination? for some reason explosives don't fit in the camera.
>>
Bump.

>>134843000
Wearing on the suit isn't for taking it down on a mission. huh? Sort of hitman roleplay.

>>134844478
Playing another games.
>>
>>134847007

are you sure you're supposed to put a bomb into it? I think you're meant to disguise yourself as the cameraman and sneak a gun inside the camera
>>
>>134844478
So it gets released at 9 AM pst?
>>
>>134847538
I don't think you do because the prompt says explosive, and the reporter holds the camera while Kovalov (or w/e his name) is interviewed.

I'll try this method again after work, along with the other (seemingly 40+) methods
>>
FYI I just manually changed my computer's time to past 9 AM and now it's downloading the last little bit, should be playable in a few minutes.
>>
I love Hitman, but no way in hell I'm going to endorse this Episodic shit. Fucking Square-Enix

I'll buy the full game next year.
>>
Good thing the beta doesn't count toward your 2hours refund time. I was lukewarm after the beta. Paris is still full of shitty proximity scripts and other handholding shit. I'm just refunding this. If future levels get better, maybe I'll back in.
>>
>>134855574
I thought the same thing, until I actually bought the game. Hitman as a franchise is one of my favourite franchises ever, so I had to buy.

The episodic thing sounded terrible at first, but the Paris mission itself and all the challenges and replay value can add up to around 4-5 hours, not to mention, Contracts, Esclation and the random spawn targets as well. All in all, the total game will take around 40 hours to do, if you're going to replay for all the challenges, which most people will.

It's definitely worth it for this game, and a new way to keep the game active and fresh, instead of dying off after a month.
>>
I've bought The Full Experience yet I do not have the Paris mission. In steam it says it's not installed even though it's marked for installation and when I start the game it says I need to purchase it but if I press purchase a steam window opens and it says I already own it.

Is there a known fix? Validating files does not work.
>>
>>134860514
It seems restarting steam a few times and waiting a while fixed it.
>>
>>134842503
Of course not. Consoles have always been shit.
TES games also have horrible loading times on consoles but <1 sec on PC, at least with SSD.
>>
>>134827764
R
E
F
U
N
D

This intro part is too short. will the other parts be longer?
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 13-29-58-24.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 13-29-58-24.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone found the sniper rifle in the Paris level yet?

I assume there is one since one of the challenges requires it.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (11 KB, 274x136) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
11 KB, 274x136
>tfw you beat the game just in time for a refund
>>
>>134868883

You unlock it after beating the level
>>
>>330468683
You can't be spotted though, right?

>>134870953
I have beat it and I don't have one
>>
>>134872793
It's a mastery unlock. You have to get a certain level in Paris to unlock it, and then smuggle it in.
>>
How many suits are in the game?

I have the Requiem suit, the standard suit, and the tuxedo.

Sucks you can't wear any disguise in Contracts like you could in Absolution. I want to assassinate people in Paris dressed as that slick as KGB agent
>>
The damn side stories in the this are better than the whole of Absolution, and Absolution's selling point was its story.

I felt more killing the Chess guy or the fashion model evil girl than the main villains in Absolution.

Also, is the shadowy ICA guy who gets buttmad you pass the tutorial supposed to be the same ICA director from Absolution?
>>
>>134827764
>The first mission is to assassinate an elite Jew
>>
Are they ever going to fix the performance issues?
>>
>>134827764
Started playing the first game on pc. Can't stop playing must complete game.
>>
Can anyone else on PC not play due to the shit FPS? Even on the lowest graphic settings it's basically a slideshow.
>>
So you really can't filter and rate other people's contacts? What was the point of downgrading that for?
>>
It's really cool that escalations change up the missions a bit. I got a good chuckle when I opened the safe, since I noticed the vodka missing in the kitchen.

Also, is the server dead?

>>134891902
Works well enough on my 660, unless you're someone who can't handle anything other than 60FPS.
>>
>>134895312
server is dead for me too mate

sucks too, I was on stage 5/5 of the escalation and having a blast
>>
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/708446937989648385
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 18-38-50-78.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 18-38-50-78.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>134899412
>>
No one appears to be claiming responsibility for the server problems (lizard squard, etc) so for the moment it looks like SE has just fucking shit the bed.

Still it hasn't been a full hour yet and most of the idiot ddos 'hacking' groups usually only start posting about after an hour of downtime...

I guess in the next 10-15 mins we'll know if it's cunts breaking our game or SE being cunts.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 19-51-00-86.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 19-51-00-86.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
Thank god the beta hours don't count for Steam refunds.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 20-36-43-21.png (583 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 20-36-43-21.png
583 KB, 1920x1080
>general dead on launch day
>Even /v/ has only 1 active thread at a time

Wow. I didn't think this game was going to make billions, but I also didn't expect a complete flop. Looks like literally no one bought it.
>>
File: AI_Detection.webm (2 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
AI_Detection.webm
2 MB, 1000x563
10/10 Detection AI
>>
>>134895312
No, it's like, the FPS is like, less than 30 or even 25. It's weird because I can play other games no problem.
>>
File: 1428985098521.jpg (37 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1428985098521.jpg
37 KB, 480x352
Need to revitalize thread. I've probably been playing the longest here so feel free to throw question my way.
>>
>>134908864
Specs, what have got and what fps are you getting.
>>
>>134912387
I'm playing on PS4 m8, apologies.
>>
>>134904759
only happens if you load manual save or autosave.
>>
>>134912968
No probs, here's a question - did the online go down on ps4 too?
>>
>>134913625
No. The game released in AUS Fri 12am local time. I played for about three hours, then played for a longer time after waking up. Played a bit more during the night and am continuing as we speak.

I've only been disconnected maybe two or three times during the menu, but was able to log back on straight away.

I think it's pretty clear that PS4 was the most focused release (as is usually the case these days).
>>
What suit did you guys wear in showstopper? I chose the classic suit, not only because it is 47's signature suit, but also because I feel it was better suited to the event's dress code. While it was a fancy event, I'm not sure it was black-tie level fancy. I do have a few problems with 47's suit this time around, though. I don't like that they dropped the tie clip from absolution, and I don't really like the belt buckle, just doesn't look right.
>>
>>134917312
I thought they looked fine. I've been using the classic suit for now.
>>
>>134917312
I liked the comments on the tux, so I wear that.
>>
I feel like the amazing level of detail and life in the Paris mission is offset by the fact that every-fucking-thing is pointed out to you.

Also I'm annoyed that I can't get a solid 60 with my 780ti.
>thanks Nvidia
>>
>>134848269
I got the gay Model, and garroted chick while she was offering me a job, then ran around folliwing Viktor, poisoned his guard in the kitchen, got pissed at him not goin anywhere nice, so i just dropped a chandolier on him
>>
>>134879263
I don't think so.
The absolushit director wanted 47 for himself, and got assblasted and surprised that after you force him to "kill" his handler 47 will no longer work for him, also 47 opposed the idea of genetic engineering of lolis for the purpose of elite assassination.
>>
>>134924592
>is offset by the fact that every-fucking-thing is pointed out to you.
Everybody since the games release has been advising people to turn off most of the assistive settings. If you're playing with instincts, opportunities, minimap, etc on, you only have yourself to blame.

I've been playing with all that shit off and I still don't know a lot of the ways to kill people. Been playing about 10 hours and trying to complete the SA:SO run. Then I'll have a look at the challenges and start completing them.

The game is only as challenging as you make it.
>>
Are we going to see more missions in Paris before they going to release the next location?
>>
>>134924592
Literally disable the hints. are You stupid?
Console babies are so they need instinct and handholding
:^)
>>
>>134925040
Should specify my specific conditions for the SA:SO run. On top of all the conditions required for SA:SO, I also add;
-Cannot knock out/kill anyone else other than targets
>>
>>134925040
I like opportunities on "minimal" as teases you with what can be done, but leaves the figuring out for you.
>>
>>134925040
I turned everything off.

Granted it's not as bad as Absolution's Instinct shit but there's still a lot of hints everywhere.
>>
>>134925062
Yes. Contracts, elusive targets, and another mode. PS4 also gets an additional hit per level (which is essentially why I got it for the PS4).
>>
>>134925189
read
>>134925330

Although I did make the mistake of looking at challenges. That should've been obvious but I'm anal about checking everything.
>>
>>134925330
>but there's still a lot of hints everywhere.
The only 'hints' are listening to people and gathering intel. That doesn't count as a hint.
>>
>>134925495
Yes that does.

In fact I think every challenge is hinted at some way or another, usually through dialogue.

I know I heard someone on the security team bitching about how "poorly" the lighting rig is and how it'll "come down on everyone in the runway".
>>
>>134925902
>usually through dialogue.
...which you have to find yourself. I don't get the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>134926005
I literally walked around the level for half an hour ogling the art and learned half a dozen "secrets" in the process.

I'm liking the fact that they've learned from Absolution, but this is still way too easy.

There were times in the recent years I'd read through Blood Money threads and learn something new. I want that back.
>>
>>134926353
>I literally walked around the level for half an hour ogling the art and learned half a dozen "secrets" in the process.
I've been playing the game since launch yesterday and I haven't even come across all the opportunities. Unless you knew before hand or checked in the menu, it's quite literally impossible to know of all the opportunities, given how sparse the level is.

>but this is still way too easy.
It's this delusional elitism that triggers me. The fact that you think you know Paris inside-out already is telling you've got your nostalgia goggles on. If it's so easy then get an SA:SO run without knocking out killing/knocking out any non-target npcs.
>>
File: 65165495.jpg (123 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
65165495.jpg
123 KB, 640x640
>>134926801
Alright, gimme a minute.
>>
>>134925265
This is hard with that nigger following Dhalia around.
>>
>>134928587
Gee you think? She also doesnt check noise disturbances herself, so you cant just bait her.

Like I said, its as hard as you make it. Its superbly designed because it caters for all playstyles.
>>
>>134929267
I can get him out of the way by knocking him out easy,but I havent been able to do it with no knockouts.
Alao the glitch where people get stuck staring at whatever you throw forever is annoying for it
>>
>>134929267
I've gotten her to check the radio in the bathroom next to the room she complains about the missing guard, but only after another guard has checked it out. There might be some specific way to time it so she checks it before him, but that would require a lot of testing.
>>
The fireworks sniper one is hard on console because the sniper is fucking impossible to precisely aim with the controller.
Finally managed to headshot them both within 5 seconds if eachother after like 6 tries though
>>
>>134929576
That's not a glitch. Pretty sure it's just how they're scripted. If they're staring at you their new loop wont start until you move the required distance away.

>>134929661
Doubtful. Unless there's a way to isolate her in the bathroom, I can't think of another way to get her. There's simply to many people around.
>>
>>134929267
I just fucking poisoned him when he grabs to test the sushi or whatever that is in the corner of the kitchen, there's a small window when nobody's looking at the plate.
>>
>>134932601
The guy is easy to handle. It's the woman upstairs that's the challenge.
>>
>>134933719
I just got the model disguise, she picks you up after the meeting, takes for a 1 on 1 discussion, where you can kill her and dump body in a wardrobe.
>>
Can someone explain this game to me?
The game costs $60 for the full version (episodic release schedule) so for 6 months you get one level a month? And this month you only get the Paris level?
Am I lost here or does that sound insane?
One fucking level with only 2 people to kill, and that's supposed to tide you over for a month?
Is there more than one hit in that level?

Srsly, what the fuck am I missing here?
>>
>>134935096
We're talking about Suit Only run where you can only kill targets without knocking out anyone else.

>>134936446
Speak for yourself. I've been playing for 10 hours and I haven't even completed all the challenges. There's also three other modes.

If you aren't interested in replaying the levels then don't buy it. In any case, please only talk about the game here.
>>
>>134936867
Oh, my bad then.
>>
>>134938939
It hasn't been figured out yet so feel free to experiment for yourself.
>>
>Just did a silent assassin run on Paris.
>Decide to go full on cinema hitman assassin mode where I murderwalk my way around.
>Somehow shooting quicker than guards are able to respond, get to the rafters and then shoot the girl through the window, and drop the chandlers on the other guy.
>Murderwalk my way out
>No detections at all, but zero points because I murdered too many people.

Still fun as fuck. I'm curious why the other five levels aren't out yet though, seeing as this has been in development for at least a year or two at this point.
>>
So since 47 is a dead ringer for that Helmut fag, and Helmut is hired to assassinate some nignog by the Supermodel target, what are the chances of Helmut being a Clone?
>>
The fact that the minimap is in real-time but somehow the fullscreen one you access through F1 is the biggest fucking horseshit.

Why didn't they do the thing that's literally EVERY SINGLE OTHER FUCKING GAME (I don't know about Absolution) in the franchise?
>>
>>134943218
>Helmut is hired to assassinate some nignog by the Supermodel target, what are the chances of Helmut being a Clone?

But why male models?
>>
>>134943335
Makes sense to me desu.

The full dynamic map in the past was always OP. Real time info on all targets.

Now it's a trade-off. You can either a smaller dynamic map that's always on (minimap), or one that pauses the game and only shows targets.
>>
>>134943437
You can see everything around you to the point where it makes stealth a joke.

The map in the previous games still left you vulnerable so if someone walked in on you, 47 was fucked. Still, you've had to stop and think about the strategy.

Now if I'm playing with instinct off (which is the same fucking thing you've just said was OP, it's just that they give you the option to turn that off) and minimap off, I can't plan ahead or fuck about while waiting for the target to come to me, and that's just stupid.
>>
What rank do I need to unlock the sniper rifle and silver baller?
>>
>>134943589
5 and 10 mastery, respectively. You can see all of the rewards in the menu somewhere.
>>
>>134943628
thanks
>>
>>134943538
Not really. Trial and error in these games always came from learning the map and roughly remembering where npc's are. The rest is just connecting the dots.

For eg I only ever needed the map to check where I or the target was. It made things easy because it instantly comes up when I press a button.

Again, I think this is a good trade. In any case I've been playing just fine with the minimap turned off because I'm slowly learning the level and how it works.
>>
>>134943889
I just think having the fullscreen map animated in real time is a non issue, especially since the minimap and instinct are already there and they help you more, so it has nothing to do with trading one thing for another.
>>
>>134943969
Yeah I mean I'm not saying it's a good thing they didn't include. I just think its absence doesn't take away from the experience.
>>
>>134944147
>I just think its absence doesn't take away from the experience.
Well, not overall or by much, it's just an annoyance.
>>
Playing on PC here.

Game was running fine but now it always gets stuck at 62% loading when loading a save.
>>
Does it have hacked version for now?
>>
>>134944946
Denuvo
>>
>>134913092
Oh, so it only happens like literally every mission then.
>>
File: 1420735964158.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1420735964158.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>Want to kill Novikov with the extension lead in the puddle
>Go to sabotage it
>Get electrocuted myself because I didn't switch the power off first

World's greatest assassin
>>
>>134947756
It's standard practice to restart the level if you mess up (if you're looking for a good run), because save files generally mess up a level's scripting (by mess up I mean change it so it's not the same as when the level first began).

For normal games this isn't a problem, but for stealth games it can alter npc pathing and such. It's also a habit thing, for me anyway.

>>134947969
Did the exact same thing. Took me a few seconds to realize my stupidity.
>>
Are servers down? Can't reconnect anymore.
>>
how do you take out Sato, the designer? Havent seen him anywhere but inside the dressing room and at the walkway
>>
>>134949146

I think you can fuck around with the diorama thing next to the makeup area and that'll piss him off and lure him away from people.
>>
>>134949146
If you mess with the diorama thing next toward the back of the dressing room he goes to check it out. Haven't tried anything on him but it seemed isolated enough.
>>
>>134949146

There's a Walkway schedule behind the stage that will tell you exactly when he and Viktor will be up to present their speech.

Drop the lights on them.
>>
File: SYlXaAd.jpg (423 KB, 1773x1932) Image search: [Google]
SYlXaAd.jpg
423 KB, 1773x1932
>>
>>134948535
I would be fine with restarting a mission, but some of the targets timed rounds are so fucking long. It can take 10 minutes for them to get into position for some of these kills.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 13-01-08-69.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 13-01-08-69.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>swagass coat from first segment isn't unlockable
>can't even unlock the tutorial turtle neck

How do you fuck up this bad?
>>
>>134951453

I have a feeling they'll be unlockable as elusive contracts rewards.
>>
>>134951559
Elusive Contracts have rewards? Where was this confirmed? I thought they were just for fun.
>>
>>134951629

Confirmed in a FAQ the devs put up on reddit, you unlock legacy outfits from previous Hitman games by completing the elusive contracts.
>>
>>134951629
>I thought they were just for fun.
You're thinking about the other new mode. That one is designed for fun. Given how challenging elusive targets are in nature, they'd have to have rewards.
>>
>>134950845
CSS wasn't that bad, faggot.
>>
>>134953087
CSS wasn't viable competitively. It was alright at best, which is what Absolution is. It's actually a comparison imo.
>>
What do you think about the scoring system in this game?
>>
>>134953295
I don't think it matters desu. Everybody who completes the game with SA rank will all have the same score anyway (check the leader-boards, they all cap out at 210,000), so for me there's no incentive.

I think the competitive side of this game will come from Elusive targets. Whoever can complete elusive targets with the most amount of points will be considered 'pros'.
>>
>>134953295
It's pretty pointless since it caps so easily (210,000).

It's really just the ratings in a leaderboard-presentable format, I guess, but I do wish it was more flexible.
>>
Challenges are bugged to hell right now.

I literally just dropped a speaker on Novikov and killed him, and didn't complete the challenge. Also, some challenges I completed last night aren't checkmarked anymore, and at least on I'm pretty sure I didn't do is checkmarked.

This isn't Episodic. This is early access.
>>
If you have some graphic bugs then isntal the latest amd/nvidia drivers. My shadows were bugged until I install crimson 16.3 drivers. I think performance is a bit better now, but now sure.
>>
>>134954947
>Challenges are bugged to hell right now.
It's not the game that's bugged. It's the data not being sent to the cloud that's the problem.
>>
Been denied a refund with less than an hour played, what in the actual fuck.

Read a few other reports of others with sub two hour play times also being denied.

Do publishers have any control or input over Steams refund policies?
>>
>>134953825
>>134953469
>>134953295
Probably one of the worst things to come out of Absolution.
Blood Money's newspaper and vague end-of-level scoring was more than enough.
The game is meant to be played with and enjoyed, not turned into some arcadey competition.
>>
How do you get 210k on the last hangar escalation? It seems impossible to do without killing non-targets, unless there's some well-hidden disguises placed somewhere on the level.
>>
Still can't connect online. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>134931358
It is a glitch. They said theyve been looking in to it when someone told them about it during the beta on Twitter
>>
>>134943218
Helmut isn't a clone. If you listen to the dialogue after she tells him to just get information from the guy, not kill him, and he even says "what the hell have I gotten myself into afterwards.
>>
>still no Elusive Targets released
>>
File: Reviews.jpg (68 KB, 679x344) Image search: [Google]
Reviews.jpg
68 KB, 679x344
>>
>>134969275
It's only because of the episodic structure. People really complaining about a $15 game, like what more do you want?
>>
>>134974094
>You have been disconnected to the game. Returning to the main menu
>>
>>134974094
A $15 game that has two hits, and only two hits. One map, with a plethora of ways to kill those two people. This game is bullshit, and I regret spending money on it.
How anyone can sit and play the same mission 75 times to do the same thing over and over again is beyond me.
>>
Does Rieper get any alone time with Margolis, or do I have to get creative?
>>
>>134980869
When you are Reaper, she'll go into the restroom to call someone to do a background check on you. Just wait in the closet and kill her when she comes in.
>>
File: time.jpg (11 KB, 251x125) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
11 KB, 251x125
>>134980095
>How anyone can sit and play the same mission 75 times to do the same thing over and over again is beyond me.

And this is on top of the 7 hours I spent in the beta.
>>
>>134981646
How do you get into the restroom? It's behind three guards.
>>
Any PC players want to post their contracts?
>>
>>134982204
Climb in from the outside. You can access windows from the attic.
>>
>>134982741
>>134982741
>Climb in from the outside
Yeah, I guess I should've tried that.
Attic's a pain in the ass to get into but if I throw enough shit I should be able to manage.

Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>134982960
You can just walk in past the butler. He doesn't care.
>>
>try to kill Dalia in the bathroom
>try to utilize the clock radio to lure her in
>the first time I turn it on, her guard comes in and turns it off
>knock him out and hide him in the closet
>the second time, her personal bodyguard comes in and turns it off
>knock out, put in closet
>3rd time, i'm assuming no one else can be around, since it seems to be her private bathroom
> the motherfucking sheikh walks his happy ass in and turns it off
>rage and restart
>>
>>134983130
Thanks! Didn't realize where that door went or that the waiter didn't have it in sight.
>>
File: 1435864883842.jpg (11 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1435864883842.jpg
11 KB, 300x400
>>134984138
>the sheik is her personal undercover bodyguard
>>
>challenges aren't saved when you save the game
>if you make a single mistake you have to start over
THANKS IOI
>>
what constitutes lethal melee? I garrotted some chefs for a contract and didn't get the lethal melee bonus
>>
>>134985470
A weapon only counts as lethal melee if it's marked "Lethal Melee" in your inventory. That's mostly sharp objects like scissors and swords. Blunt objects like pipes and wrenches are "Non-Lethal Melee" because they just knock people out.

The fiber wire is its own thing.
>>
>>134985709
shit, didn't even notice that. thanks!
>>
so guys, ica-19 or hwk21? I haven't shot one person in the game yet, but which do you like to have on your person the most?
>>
File: 1.png (9 KB, 777x132) Image search: [Google]
1.png
9 KB, 777x132
>>
>>134987136
Isn't the HWK unsilenced?

>>134987230
Isn't the scoring system just a checklist of one-time bonuses and then a variable bonus for your time?
>>
>>134987421
Yup, but it has 17 rounds compared to ica-19's 7
>>
>>134987421
>Isn't the scoring system just a checklist of one-time bonuses and then a variable bonus for your time?
Yes, but apparently some issue is causing time to not be considered if you do it and get Silent Assassin, so the timer points max out because it says you took 0 seconds to do it.
>>
>>134987614
>because it says you took 0 seconds to do it.
Ah, I noticed this. But I also got a lower-than-max score for time despite it showing 0:00, so I think the bug is more complicated.

The timer was working last night, I'm pretty sure.
>>
Fucking hell the load times on PS4 sure kill any desire to experiment. Does the game reload the entire map every single time or something.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 20-56-53-83.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 20-56-53-83.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>134987421
Just use the silenced one.
>>
>>134981825
Wasn't hitman always replayability? It's not just about you doing the same exact thing 75 times over, but exploring different options and locations each time. Plus there's contact mode. ,so there is more than 2 hits.
>>
>>134989262
best suit
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-12 14-55-53-79.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-12 14-55-53-79.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>134989262
Wrong pic. This one <--
>>
Where are all the animations? Didn't someone say the sniper suitcase makes a return and you can assemble the sniper like in Blood Money?
>>
>>134989480
why did they have to put that shit camo pattern on it?
>>
>>134990370
Considering there are "Master Crafted" items in the game I would not be at fucking all surprised if they introduce a CS:GO crate system for cosmetics and suits in the game.
>>
>>134990581
>Considering there are "Master Crafted" items in the game I would not be at fucking all surprised if they introduce a CS:GO crate system for cosmetics and suits in the game.

Looks like it is all just based on unlocks. You can already see that when you complete 10 Escalations you'll get a shitty camo AR, and when complete 5 Elusive contracts you'll get the Absolution suit.
>>
>>134990581
I think they said no micro-transactions and no paid DLC in a FAQ
>>
>>134991752
OVERKILL and Tripwire said the exact same thing, and we all know how that ended up.
>>
>8k peak players

I guess this it, gentlemen. The last Hitman game that will be made.
>>
>>134991239
does it bother anyone else how hunched over and weird 47 looks if you point a pistol at yourself while facing a mirror? its like his torso and his lower body are disconnected
>>
File: 8k.jpg (64 KB, 734x454) Image search: [Google]
8k.jpg
64 KB, 734x454
>>134992129
Forgot pic
>>
>>134992129
>>134992562
A low amount of people that buy a game is in direct correlation to the last game in the series' quality. If the last game was a shitty game, people won't buy the next game no matter how good it is, it happened with DMC 3 and Total War: Attila, it was going to happen to this game too.
>>
>>134992129
The episodic format and lack of marketing killed it. Pre release trailers got like 30k views and before you knew it the game was out. Now Square Enix is panicking and there are ads on half the sites on earth. I'm wondering if they're gonna cancel future episodes. A game that will last until August starting out with mainly 7's and 8's in reviews does not help either.
>>
>>134993481
Ironically, thats where pirating would have been most useful. All those people with a bad taste in their mouth would have been able to try it, and even they don't buy it, and least it would have spread by word of mouth. As it stands now, even Hitman fan forums are ghost towns. /v/ can't sustain more than one hitman thread at a time, and we are still on the same /vg/ thread (and its fucking launch weekend).

At least if piratefags could play, there would be discussion of the game.
>>
>>134994116
Honestly it's kinda sad. If you look past the bad release system the gameplay is awesome.
>>
File: comparison.jpg (109 KB, 580x928) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
109 KB, 580x928
>>
This may honestly be the greatest Hitman game ever.

Even better than Blood Money. I just hope they continue in this way.
>>
File: 1334303177807.jpg (10 KB, 290x249) Image search: [Google]
1334303177807.jpg
10 KB, 290x249
>tfw nobody plays my fiber wire suit only contract
>>
>>134996168
What's it called senpai?
>>
>>134996752
Russian Trust.
>>
>>134997065
Would play it if there was some kind of search function since it's not showing up under new contracts...
>>
File: 1389315046583.jpg (13 KB, 148x200) Image search: [Google]
1389315046583.jpg
13 KB, 148x200
>>134997483
>it's not showing up under new contracts
Well that explains why nobody's played it then. So what do I even do now? Just delete it and redo it to upload it again or will it eventually be found by somebody? Maybe its because the high score on it is my own to prove it can be done without being spotted or bodies being found?
>>
>>134997883
No idea to be honest. I made a little contract that got uploaded the first time.
>>
>do a pretty good run, end up making viktor look like an accident and kill dalia in the bathroom.
>make it all the way to the end cutscene
>disconnect

10/10 GAME
>>
>>134998202
>not saving every 15 seconds
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
GOD DAMMIT I SPENT SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO GET THIS RIGHT
>>
>>134987230
Good. Its stupid that 210,000 is the max you can get.
>>
>>135003721
Do it again :)
>>
>>134996168
What platform?
>>
>>135004080
Never mind i didn't actually read the text. I assumed it said something about disconnected so u gotta do it again or some shit.
But man the reality was even worse.
>>
>>135004207
PC. Are contracts not cross platform though? Its the same game and same system being used to make the contracts all on the same server, it should have no problem cross platforming the contracts.
>>
>>135004484
Probably not. I know how you feel though, I made a hotline miami type contract on ps4, "phone call" type description included and only one person has played it.
>>
>>135004784
>a hotline miami type contract
What do you mean?
>>
>>135004784
Well if the changing of the scripting is anything to go by, IOI is willing to listen to suggestion on how to improve the game, maybe if we tell them to try and add a Contract search function and cross platforming them they might do it.

Honestly though I'd rather they first work on making accidents useful again when going for Silent Assassin runs, that alone would open up a lot of new Contract ideas.
>>
>>135005118
I made the description of the contract seem like a phone call. It goes like this
>Bonjour! This is "Alec". I'm glad you decided to come to the party! There are a few people I'd like you to meet. I'm sure you'll become fast friends with them! Dress to kill and enjoy the party!
I might make more.
>>
>>135005486
That sounds cute. I like it.
>>
>>135006057
haha y-yeah
>>
>>135005486
Oh, I thought you meant it was a massacre contract. That would be pretty weird.
>>
>>135007895
How many targets can even tag in a contract?
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-12 20-07-01-66.png (916 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-12 20-07-01-66.png
916 KB, 1920x1080
So close I can taste it.
>>
>>135008504
five i think
>>
>>135006218

>>135007895
A massacre contract sounds cuter.
>>
So you seriously can't search for other people's contracts? Leave it to the french to fuck shit up.
>>
>Kill Dahlia
>go to exit via boat
>pass the male model
>he's on the phone with Dahlia

Did the devs ever bother to play this game before they released it?
>>
At what point do I need to shoot Victor novikov and dahlia with the silence pistol, I've done it a few times now and it didn't count
>>
>>135008847
Maybe if you can tag more than five people in the future I'll remake it.
>>
How do you get Novikov to go to the river so I can push him in?
>>
File: ghost_of_dahlia.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ghost_of_dahlia.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
get a bodyguards uniform, go to Decker (he'll be near outside where Novikov gets his drink. There will be an opportunity pop up. After that the meeting location will be on the map. After taking him and he talks to Novikov, Viktor will stay by himself and be near a ledge.
>>
>>135015254
Meant for>>135014754
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-12 22-12-04-68.png (915 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-12 22-12-04-68.png
915 KB, 1920x1080
You fuckers said that Paris would last until the next mission came out.
>>
>>135016497
That's because I'm not a scrub and I haven't checked how to do everything from the menu until I figure out how to do True SASO.

I'm easily 15 hours in and together with the online content can see myself getting another 10-15. That's over 20 hours of content for me for one level.
>>
>>135017413
You realize that that I've already done SASO like 4 different ways, don't you? Who are you calling a scrub again?
>>
>>135017603
True SASO is the only run that counts for stealthnerds m8.

That's the same conditions as normal SASO, with 'No knocking out/killing non-target npcs' added.
>>
is there a stray soviet soldier's uniform somewhere on the map on final test? the 5th level of escalation requires you to kill the soviet officer with one on, but I've been getting mine from the fucker near the floodlight. level 5 won't let you pacify anyone, so I'm out of a uniform
>>
>>135018028
Pacify here means make sleep.

Just break their necks instead.
>>
>>135017413
True SASO doesn't seem that hard in Paris. Sneak into kitchen, poison sushi, distract Viktor with a coin near a hiding place. Get the IAGO invitation, meet with Dalia, go into the bathroom via the attic and wait until she calls Ezra, hide her body in the cabinet, get out.

Maybe the Viktor part won't work -- I haven't observed his pattern enough yet to know -- but the Dalia kill is really simple. If anything, for Viktor you might be able to trigger an evacuation with the fire alarm, and take him out in the second his guard leaves him before entering the safe room.

>>135018028
You can still kill people, pacify just means knocking out. I've seen someone do the mission with 0 non-target kills, so there might be a mechanic uniform hidden somewhere.

I hope Paris escalations are added soon.
>>
>>135018438
oh shit i just figured out how to get a soldiers uniform. you kill chessman's body guard first!
>>
>>135018438
Viktor is easy to kill, it's Dalia that's the problem. I go to the bathroom first thing and have waited for literally over 10 mins for her to come but she doesn't. When does she call Ezra for you?
>>
>>135019121
you have to go to the auction first, tell her that you're reaper, and then she goes to the bathroom to call someone to get a background check on you, and that's when you kill her.
>>
>>135019121
You met her as Mr. Reaper, right? I dunno exactly how long it takes, but I don't think it's that long. Though some things in the level do take forever to happen, so it really might actually take that long.

I wonder if people have already started timing things.
>>
>>135019121
>>135019684
You can also poison her cocktail and she'll go in to throw up.
>>
>every automatic is burst-fire
God damn it.

It took me over two hours to kill EVERYONE.
>>
File: hitman_2016_03_13_04_52_16_366.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman_2016_03_13_04_52_16_366.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw you're on a job but the cock wants some fun
>>
>>135019878
where's her cocktail at? I've seen her drink out of the one outside, but I can't poison it without alerting everyone
>>
>>135019878
You won't be able to use the poison in SO, because you can't get a costume with permissions to interact with the drink. Well, maybe with some coin shenanigans, but it's probably easier to just meet her in the auction.
>>
>>135019684
You have the start the level from default position though, not as Mr. Reaper.
>>
>>135020187
Also, once her bodyguard is taken out, you can hack the laptop and she'll go to her office alone.

The dongle is on a desk in the attic. It can be reached without even tossing distractions if you run right to it while the two guards are having a conversation by the power box.
>>
>>135020262
you can steal an invitation from one of the bathrooms downstairs and still get into the auction.
>>
>>135020417
Correct but how would you get her to call Ezra?

Like I said, I've grabbed the invitation and went straight to her bathroom. She doesn't come in for anything. At least not for the 10 mins I've waited for.
>>
>>135020262
It doesn't matter where you start the level from, she's always going to talk to you in 47's seat because she doesn't recognize you. Not sure if you need the invitation or not to sit in the chair, and I'm not able to test it right now, but it's not hard to grab it.

>>135020359
True SASO is not knocking out any non-targets, so you can't take her guard out.
>>
>>135020609
Testing now
>>
>>135020595
I'm not sure I'm following you. All I've had to do in the past few times is steal the invite from the bathroom, go upstairs to the auction, sit down and tell her you're reaper, then go to the bathroom via the attic and hide out until she comes in. she talks to her bodyguard a bit first, but then she comes in and pulls her phone out
>>
>>135020595
She's not gonna call Ezra for no reason. One of the seats in the auction room has "Blend as 47." You sit in that seat, and when she enters the room she talks to you because she doesn't recognize you. After that, she'll call Ezra for the background check.
https://youtu.be/eYieFGiclIA?t=86
>>
Why did they put so much echo on 47's voice when he tells Dalia he's Reaper? sounds like the fucker's in a cave or something
>>
>>135021120
he wuz talkin into her bagina lmao
>>
>>135018028
>>135018438
>mechanic uniform hidden somewhere.
First floor, the shower room right under the radio room. There is a mechanic costume.

Take that, kill the bodyguard, take the bodyguards outfit, kill the general.
>>
>>135021536
Oh no, I knew where to get the mechanic's uniform, i was trying to get a soldier uniform without pacifying or killing anyone. I figured out that I could get the uniform by killing chess guy's bodyguard first and using his uniform.
>>
>>135020892
>>135020894
I see, but she takes too long for my liking to go to the bathroom. Takes like 4-5 mins after she speaks to you to go to the bathroom. Gonna look for faster ways.
>>
>>135021536
crap, when i did it i subdued the mechanic working near the plane, was real hard to make it with no witnesses.. gotta look harder next time.
>>
>>135021836
Assuming you don't need the invite: go straight to the pipe to the third floor, meet her, go back down to kill Viktor, go back up to kill her.

If you need the invite, just quickly grab it before going up. Should work fine, unless you kill Viktor super early in his cycle.
>>
>>135022275
That's exactly what I'm trying atm.
>>
>Am assured game is closer to Blood Money than Absolution.
>Buy it because I'm a sucker for Hitman and desperate to wash the taste of Absolution from my mouth.
>Training mission is kinda fun
>Hey here's some challenges niiga
>Really like the system for encouraging replays and alternative solutions beyond just getting Silent Assassin or SA with Suit
>Do all the challenges for the training mission before taking final test.
>Holy shit the final test has even more challenges this is great.
>Finish that
>Check career options before starting next mission
>Challenge list
>21/42 for ICA facility
>0/72 for Paris
>Fucking 72.

I am optimistic as fuck about this game right now and I haven't even started the first real mission.
>>
>>135022275
This is actually quite interesting

Victor has random paths and rooms take he takes and goes to respectively when you pull the alarm. I pulled the alarm straight after grabbing the invitation, and when I tried again he went to a different place.

So much for 'scriptman'. It also just made the True SASO run all the more complicated.
>>
>>135024710
A problematic thing with the lack of levels is that it almost forces you to "power level" the challenges in the few levels that are available to you.
This means you'll be aware of all "secrets" and interesting ways to kill your targets.

I love the feeling of discovering a new way to reach or dispatch my target and I still find new ways to do so in Blood Money to this day.
For instance, in that vineyard mission I had no idea there was a rainwater pipe you could climb up in the courtyard.
The reason for this is because I wasn't restricted to that map and the tutorial level.

But with this I'm afraid I'll discover every secret and way to kill the target because there so few missions to switch between.
>>
>>135025751
This is what bugs me too, but I think we have the power to change it.

Assassination and discovery should still be numbered imo (so we know how many there are) but they should all be 'locked', where they only reveal themselves after the players has completed it.

This was we will know how many ways/styles there are to kill the targets so we can look for them, without knowing exactly what we're looking for. Because I know for a fact if it wasn't specified, kills like where you throw Dalia on top Victor would take much longer to discover.

Hitman forums is the best place to make our case, and I feel like IO would follow, since it would make the game even more replayable.
>>
>>135017909
Honestly, SA,SO isn't hard on this level, but doing it without knocking out the body guard seems like it might be impossible.
I'm not done exploring everything but I can't think of any way to separate Victor from his body guard without poisoning the sushi. If you used rat poison, he wouldn't die, right?
But then you need to make sure you have time to run down to the basement and ambush Victor from the stairwell before his bodyguard recovers.
>>
>>135018028
I actually found this easier than level 4 because being forced to go for the uniform in the locker room made me skip my overly-complicated normal route (which involves taking out the security guard just past the mechanics who talk about the safety check).
That's what I like about escalation mode, it forces me to find more efficient ways to play the game. I can't wait for more escalation contracts.

>>135018326
If killing doesn't disqualify you, whats the point?
>>
>>135028225
That's the challenge nigga. Whoever can figure it out is gonna be hugely respected within the community.

Plusi t's adding a metric fuckton of replayability for me. I literally haven't even started the Challenges because I'm obsessed with nailing this.
>>
>>135025751
>>135026304
Alright, made a thread on the Hitman forum regarding this.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=186969&p=2202595#post2202595

If people give their voice and show their support, I don't see why they won't listen.
>>
>>135029482
Fantastic. I'm glad you took your time to do this. Well written and to the point. Hopefully someone from IO pays heed and makes changes since it would be a huge service to the game and its longevity.
>>
>>135026304
>Because I know for a fact if it wasn't specified, kills like where you throw Dalia on top Victor would take much longer to discover.
I'm not sure about that. As soon as I found the fireworks remote I took it and pressed the button.
Someone's eventually going to set off the fireworks and notice it positions Margolis and Novikov right above each other, and then they're going to push Margolis just to see what happens to Novikov. I don't think it would take more than a couple of days.

But I do agree that hiding unfinished challenges would make the game more exciting, especially for people who avoid spoilers.
>>
>>135029482
You should post it here as well since it has IO members reading this too.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/
>>
>really like watches
>notice that 47 has a watch on with his training uniform
>can't make the camera get a good view of his wrist

truly suffering
>>
For people playing on PC, what CPU do you guys have?
Pretty sure my 3570K is bottlenecking my 980 in a lot of Paris, unfortunately.
Interested to see what people are using and how the game is performing.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-13 00-59-28-23.png (543 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-13 00-59-28-23.png
543 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Anyone else notice a large number of people don't respond to poisons at all? I'm trying to make contracts now, and probably 1/4 of the characters can drink from poisoned glasses and not react at all.
>>
>>135030752
>briefing
read that in Diana's voice, good shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.