[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dyg/ - Duelyst General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-Rust_Crawler.png (82 KB, 250x316) Image search: [Google]
250px-Rust_Crawler.png
82 KB, 250x316
OUR SAVIOR FROM THE ASSBANDIT SONGAY BRIGADE EDITION

PATCH NOTES: https://forums.duelyst.com/t/duelyst-beta-0-59-0-pending-release-2-25-afternoon-pst/29470

Previous Thread: >>133495392

Use "redditpals" as a referral code to receive 100 gold upon starting.

>What is DUELYST?

DUELYST is a competitive strategy card game focused on tactical combat, squad building, and ranked ladder play.

>Play in Chrome
http://beta.duelyst.com/

>Client Download
https://updates.counterplay.co/launcher

>Squad Builder
http://duelystdb.com/

>Forum, Announcements...
http://forums.duelyst.com/

>Faction overview, guides and general information
http://duelyst.gamepedia.com/Getting_Started
>>
Dead dead thread. I blame the fact that Songhai mirror is the most boring thing in the world after Vanar mirror.
>>
>>133832012
>Warn people that the game is going to total shit after the magmar culling
>fuck off scalie game is BEST now FUCK gaymar scum!!!
>Give explanation of why this is so
>fuck off scalie game is BEST now FUCK gaymar scum!!!
>Game dies
I FUCKING WARNED YOU.
YOU CALLED ME SHITPOSTER.
>>
>>133831192
Bloodtear Alchemist is the unsung hero.
>>
>>133832012
>games that don't last longer that 5 minutes
>not fun
>>
>>133834593
Maybe I could use them instead of rust crawlers. Those fucking worms feel fucking useless clogging up your hand while the opponent has no artifacts. Yet this meta NEEDS artifact breakers. Bloodtear's ping is surely more useful in more situations, but is it enough to destroy that absolutely ridicolous 2 mana 2 atk 4 backstab mask in a reliable way?
>>
>>133832012
I actually like Vanar mirror. No AoE involved, just ol' good minion combat. Most of the times the first that plays Jax wins, but I just had a game where he played Jax first and I efficently pinged all the Jaxes with Bloodtears/ff, then I played my Jax, who got honestly pretty painfully removed from the other guy (2 hailstone and a Chromatic cold to get rid of 1 card is a horrible trade, but kinda forced), then he played his second Jax but I stealed lethal before his Razorback turn thanks to some Hearthsiter+Razorback shenanigan.
Quite a fun game to be honest, I'd prefer something like this to some songay/Lyonar bullshit anytime.
>>
>>133835429
I've tried rust crawlers and they're pretty damn awkward. It feels wrong not play them when you have no other play and often it is, but if they equip their artifact after it's even worse. Songhai rarely equips mask of shadows without comboing with it on the same turn so eating the 8 damage regardless sucks. I just found it mediocre most of the time, and when it does break a full artifact properly that didn't make up for all its lows. Bloodtear Alchemist is more relevant since you don't have to wait for a general to equip an artifact to get good value it'll pretty much always have some utility unlike the rust crawler. If you ping at an artifact, it only takes your general and a minion hit to break it which is good enough in my opinion.
>>
File: 1454416453551.jpg (279 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454416453551.jpg
279 KB, 557x605
holy crap those patch notes
I mean vanar still isnt fixed at all but they actually touched keeper and jaxi
>>
>>133838106
And LITERALLY killed lyonar, magmar is still crap and vet is the new useless pile.
>>
>>133838364
>Songay: the meta
>Lyonar useless

I mean, Abyssian matchup got a lot worse (And Abyssian more popular), but Lyonar is good vs Songay and that is the most used faction atm,
>>
>>133838653
Anon...
>>
>>133838106
Vanar lost Twilights that were pretty important for the deck, and Abyssian got more popular thanks to the new Nightsorrow and it's honestly a rough matchup. Even Songay is rough, and they're fucking everywhere. Patch did a good job at nerfing Vanar imho.
>>
>>133837637
>no AoE involved
>no playing fun Vanar decks
>>
>>133834665
>2 Songhai only play out of hand damage/Rush minions.
>Fun.
>>
>>133832410
Fail to see how that's relevant. The nerfs to ALL other factions (Lyonar most of all) are what brought Song to the top, not the lack of Smegmar specifically.
>>
>>133840296
It is.
>>
>>133840648
It was the mentality which I warned you all about, but again
>Implying anyone listens to people who are 100% right
>>
>>133838364
honestly I think it's exaggerated how bad Magmar is. did a few quests with it and beat Vanars/Abyssians at rank 7
>>
>>133840747
>Rank 7
I used to win at rank 7 with a quest deck, vanar prebuff. And I won too.
>>
>open orb
>mask of shadows
Sweet. 2 more and I can join the winning team.
>>
>>133842015
good luck getting balanced boars.
>>
>>133842775
Oh right I need those aswell. It's a long grind.
>>
>>133843298
it is. if you don't get them you could try a combo dagger kiri. pretty cheap and highly effective songhai deck
>>
>people keep bitching about Songhai

>>
V
>>
A
>>
N
>>
S
>>
Damn daniel back at it again with the dead thread somebody fucking kill me please
>>
>>133832012

How can we entirely fix Songhai?
>>133747714
>>133658418
>>
>>133846346
>>133847736
>>133848642
>>133848780
>>133850895
christ
>>
>>133852070
I assume it was supposed to spell vanar
this is the truest kiss of death
>>
>>133851847
MoS at 4 mana, or 2 mana but without the 2 atk. Tusk Boar becomes a 3/2 (It's still a powercreeped Tiger but at least it's a bit less nonsensical)
>>
>>133851847
>How can we entirely fix Songhai?
Easy:
Revert magmar nerfs, revert ret nerfs, yes, le how will they le learn returns, revert lyonar nerfs.
Time to go full retard
>>
I just unpack my second Zurael. He's a very slow card, but he may work in a control deck somehow. But do I need 2 of them or he's definitely a 1 of? I could use the spirit from the second one.
>>
>>133853463
>two mana burn/chromatic colds
>>
>>133853463
which deck would reign supreme? prob control mag
>>
Is Vanar still good in this meta?
>>
>>133857178
There is only abyssian and songhai that is good.
>>
>>133857178
>Vanar
>good
>meta

SNICK A NICK
>>
>>133853992
Use 4. You can eventually chain resurrects.
>>
>>133857178
b tier
>>
This feeling of being in 3 generals all on page 10
I dont like it
>>
>>133857178
They are rare but they STILL keep +5 drops out of play. Jax wins games in 2 turns because no one packs removals.
>>
File: 1446134176580.gif (3 MB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
1446134176580.gif
3 MB, 380x214
>I'm not interested in "good portion of the playerbase". They chase the decks that are meta, that are the best. I like fighting my enemies with style, using elegant dervish stuff instead of pleb tigers shooting blasts from their ass on turn 6 (thank God they fixed the animation and now they actually turn around when attacking behind). I think Vet are in a decent place at this moment. If they'll be too weak, they'll get a buff sooner or later. I can see a future remake for some cards which do not fit any deck at the moment (like Windstorm, also you can just add cards that will combo with current Windstorm, just make it playable, it's sitting there alone, useless to most) but if you are good enough, you will destroy people with Vet anyway.

Fresh pasta off Duelyst Forums
>>
>>133864624
Fuck, forgot the 1st part

>Yes. I meant exactly that. Playing a faction considered worse and burning enemy face with a well planned Third Wish from a innocent looking dervish that popped from your Obelysk this turn I consider skill. Third Wish is an extremely powerful card. Its limitation to dervishes allow the game to balance Third Wish around the Vetruvian Faction not around the entire base of cards. It allows Third Wish to be that extremely powerful because you can limit the targets of the spell. The fact that Obelysks are actually very annoying gives the enemy a choice. Save the removal for the dervish asshole with Third Wish, or deal with the Obelysk. This choice has always negative consequences. And don't forget about momma Aymara which, not silenced, can be a gamechanger.

I can see the fedora already.
>>
>>133864624
>>133864836

>elegant dervish stuff instead of pleb tigers
>momma Aymara

jesus christ that guy can't be serious... right..?
must be joking
>>
>>133864836
>>133864624

>Third wish on ephemeral dervishes w/o dunecaster
>Silencing obelysks is a negative consequence

Jesus, does this person even play vet? The second your opponent has minion advantage over you, your obelysks goes to shit since they're going to get shit on the second you play them.
>>
>>133864836
haha. It's a wonder how an autist of this level exists.
>>
File: vedgetruvian.png (938 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vedgetruvian.png
938 KB, 1920x1080
>>133871084
You guys are just a bunch of neckbearded losers. I'm not interested in "good portion of the playerbase". They chase the decks that are meta, that are the best. I like fighting my enemies with style, using elegant dervish stuff instead of pleb tigers shooting blasts from their ass on turn 6 (thank God they fixed the animation and now they actually turn around when attacking behind). I think Vet are in a decent place at this moment. If they'll be too weak, they'll get a buff sooner or later. I can see a future remake for some cards which do not fit any deck at the moment (like Windstorm, also you can just add cards that will combo with current Windstorm, just make it playable, it's sitting there alone, useless to most) but if you are good enough, you will destroy people with Vet anyway.
>>
>>133871324
>edgetruvian

Love it
>>
>>133867449

Change chromatic cold
>chromatic cold: if your general and enemy general are on the same side of the battlefield, stun the entirety of that side of the battlefield
>if your general and enemy general are on opposite sides of the battlefield, dispel the opposite side of the battlefield

Change one of Vet's shittiest spells (maybe the sun dispel one or dominate)
>dispel a minion. if it is still standing, bend its allegiance to you.
or
>dispel a space. if one of your minions is on that space, give it provoke, sand trap, and this minion is not affected by ANY spells.

Thoughts? I was thinking about ways to further Vet's shitty board stability, given that Obelysks are already a fucking mess. Figured that removing Chromatic Cold from Vanar might help the CC + HS meta, but I'm not really sure what to think of the Vet rework. I do like the Vanar one, though.
>>
>>133871324
>uchigatana facing backwards
>not fuck-you-from-behind songhai
>>
>>133876653
>sun dispel
>doesn't even know the name
>shit
>>
>>133879152
>thought it was sun dispel but thought they couldn't be that lazy with names so my memory must be failing me
>when I said shit I meant take one of its shittier spells, or just replace sun dispel with the rework since they're so close
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.