[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: braben_explaining_his_vision.jpg (25 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
braben_explaining_his_vision.jpg
25 KB, 1000x562
>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
http://inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
http://www.edshipyard.com/
http://coriolis.io/

important stuff from the previous thread:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD
>>146992739
>>
1st for VISION
>>
Serious question /edg/
Let's put the VISION aside for a minute and take the game as it is right now.

What do you like and dislike in the game as it is right now ?

And more important :
What do you expect from this game ? Even if it won't happen, what kind of features would you like to see in this game ? It can be new ships, better AI, new elements of gameplay, literally anything.
>>
>>147337476
10 year plan sounds all good and dandy, I'm sure that have a lot of cool stuff planned, but I want to have a good game right now.

What I want but it wont happen is better engine. The one that has all players in the same instance always, all NPCs live their live until killed, then new spawn, and system live their live even without players to see it. Sure you might think that people on will brake servers on purpose by gathering in one location. For that case sure make it so that if 50 players or something enter same instance second one is created for new 50. It's killing me that you might be lucky enough to happen to be in the same system as other player but he is put in other instance.

As for something that might happen but still probably wont. I want the game to be Open only or heavily separated open and solo by making people have different characters on both. And scrap groups forever, it's a fricking circlejerk mode.
>>
>>147337476

I like:
>Flying around. The flight mechanics are WWII in space but I enjoy it. Combat feels satisfying and challenging.
>It sounds fucking amazing. Both SFX and music are pretty great.
>The 'mystique'. Ftroop, despite its ineptitude does seem to have some VISION and they won't tell us everything about the space they have an idea what they WANT to do lore wise.
>The visuals and graphics are quite stunning.

I dislike:
>The fucking bugs (on the flipside though, they allow me to easily exploit the achievements)
>The amount of LEGIT grinding towards anything meaningful and exploiting being necessary.
>The lack of any real effect on the galaxy.

I expect ftroop to fix the pretty noticeable bugs and issues. I want less RNGineers.
Walking around ships would be cool, but pretty pointless from my point of view, I just want to fly. Multicrew sounds like a fucking nightmare and would be so hard to pull off decently. I couldn't expect my friends to satisfy with taking the turret position for example.
More role specific SRVs.
>>
>>147337476

>>147338627
cont.
I want player to player interaction to have more variety. Right now there is no reason NOT to avoid another player because chances are they want you dead.

Separate Open and Solo. Prevent Solo from taking part in CGs, enhancing the meaning of >C O M M U N I T Y instead of autistic shutins.

Also Solo having an offline mode would be grand, too bad they scrapped that early on. But since the background simulation just doesn't exist. Everything special is handcrafted and commodity prices just hover around a certain spectrum, no proper variance.

Increase the instance size and make the netcode suck less shit. They have improved the instancing, at least for me. I find more people in Open now than what I used to but it is still a bit woeful. Also lag issues.

The factions could make a bit more sense and the effects of star system statuses should be more noticeable. I saw a fucking wedding barge fly around a CZ in supercruise. Seems probable. Powerplay has always been a mess. It was nice to give faces to the factions and events but still a let down. However scrap the whole thing, I don't care.

More than one pilot profile.
>>
>>147339342
I tend to agree with you. They fucked up what could be the best part of the game : the community and playing online with people.
You got a ship and you can't do anything with people :
trading / selling : nope
fighting for fun (like CQC, but with your own ship, customized) : nope
races : nope

Those things are stupid, but in the end, that's what makes you play with people and enjoy the game even more.
I feel that you should be able to create an alliance / guild, those would have a small impact on the galaxy like claiming a space station and getting money from it, managing the price, fixing some quests people would be able to do, declare war with another guild, etc.
>>
Daddyyyyy we died again~~~
>>
>>147338427
>As for something that might happen but still probably wont. I want the game to be Open only or heavily separated open and solo by making people have different characters on both. And scrap groups forever, it's a fricking circlejerk mode.
This, except I believe solo must be dropped completely even with separated characters. This game is meant to be played online and pussies who can't stand that should play SC.
>>
So what does everyone think the new power play faction is going to be like are they going to offer a Special module like the others, are they going to be part of a faction or independent, what will their expansion and system control be like, and what will their boosts be?
>>
>>147338627
>the lack of any real effect on the galaxy

This is the main thing right here, the source of the ever present "mile wide inch deep" assessment. The game world is huge and beautiful, there's tons of different things to do, the problem is that none of it feels like it's actually DOING anything. The player's ability to interact meaningfully with the game world is limited to making minor faction bars go up and down by a little bit, which is neither satisfying nor especially noticeable.

Personally, I think proper MMO features, like some sort of in-game player group mechanics, as well as some degree of sandbox features, like the ability to build/own stations, would really help alleviate this issue.
>>
File: 37854573.jpg (100 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
37854573.jpg
100 KB, 400x400
The only thing stemming from forced open are trolls and griefers ruining CGs, sweet ez grind spots or any other player gatherings, endless queues on outposts (see Ubisoft about how fun is that) and serious lack of targets for bounty hunting.

Safe journeys, comandantes o2

On the serious side: it would for people to think for themselves, learn patterns of what is good and find their own Sothises and Robigos.
>>
I just started playing this game, is there any reason to play with other people? Can you group together and complete tough missions and stuff? I like this game better than Eve because I can actually, you know, pilot my ship, but it feels worse in the big scheme of things because it takes longer to get money and longer to upgrade your ship. I'm still in the sidewinder.
>>
>>147342480
Yeah, there are no official group missions in the game, but if your group visits the station together, you'll all see the same missions on the mission board, and can work together to complete them. Especially harder ones, like assassinations, are good for this.
>>
>>147342480
>is there any reason to play with other people
no
>Can you group together
yes
>complete tough missions and stuff?
not really
>it takes longer to get money and longer to upgrade your ship. I'm still in the sidewinder.
I don't think that's a real downside. The realy problem is the number of things to do in order to get the money, which is limited
>>
>>147342398
>Confirmed for sperglord who sucks at combat.
People like you are the reason we keep getting carebear updates to make sure NPCs stay braindead.
>>
>>147342656

Can you trade with other players?
>>
ITT: dads.
>>
>>147342656

Same noob here

I'm having trouble with missions that say "ok X guy is gonna be in this system at this time, go get him and make sure you bring an FSD. Search unidentified signal sources for him". Do I need to come out of supercruise in order to search those signal sources or no? Do I just look on my contacts screen and wait till his name pops up and then lock on and try to FSD him?
>>
>>147343197

Sorry when I said FSD I meant an interdictor
>>
>>147343197

Drop in.
>>
>>147342802
Sort of. You have to physically eject the cargo and the other person then has to either manually scoop it, or use a collection limpet to scoop it for them. There's also a limit, you can't eject more than 100 tones in open space, or 20 tons near a station, before your cargo just starts exploding.

>>147343197
There are a couple ways to do this. The target appears in a specific signal source, not just a random one, so you either need to use a discovery scanner to locate the right one, or you can just drop in on the nav beacon in the system and scan it. You should now have a "Mission Objective" signal source in the system.

You bring an FSD interdictor with you because your target might try to run before you can kill it. If it "low wakes," it jumped back into supercruise, and you can follow it and use your interdictor to pull it back out of supercruise so you can finish it. If it "high wakes," it jumped to another system, and you need to scan the high wake with a frame shift wake scanner to figure out where it went. Then you jump to that system and use your interdictor to pull it out of supercruise and finish the job.
>>
>>147344486

Thanks for the help, I was getting confused on how to find the target.
>>
>>147344972
Yeah the game doesn't really tell you anything outside the basics of flying, docking, and jumping. This is very much a "read the manual" game, or watch a bunch of youtube tutorials or whatever.
>>
>>147342785
I fucked up "serious side" bit of the post. I meant that forced open would force (not "for") people to start thinking.

I was sperglording ironically and I'm sorry.
>>
this cycle has come to an end

it is time for us to return to our slumber

we shall sleep till the forums became tasty again

braben protects
>>
>>147348061

NOOOOOOOOOH
>>
File: yes.jpg (85 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
85 KB, 640x456
>>147348287
you know it is true brotha
>>
File: Orion2010_andreo2000.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1085) Image search: [Google]
Orion2010_andreo2000.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1085
>>147348061
Might be time for Dead space general to make its appearance.
>>
R.I.P in peace
>>
File: pp sniping.gif (2 MB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
pp sniping.gif
2 MB, 250x191
>>147340817
>This game is meant to be played online and pussies who can't stand that should play SC.
Whoa whoa whoa hold up I've been out of the loop for a while. I remember everyone thinking E:D was for carebear casuals and SC was supposed to be the go-to game for PvP and ganking. Did something happen? Is that why I haven't seen a SC general in a while?
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (186 KB, 950x713) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
186 KB, 950x713
>laptop overheating like a motherfucker in this summer heat
>instinctively press the heatsink keybind for ED
>>
>>147343197

Same noob again

I just got enough money to get a 1B FSD and holy shit I can jump 10 lightyears like a motherfucker. a trip that took me like 16 jumps before is now like one jump. Now I'm raking in the dough.
>>
>>147359523
B rank shit is twice as heavy as A and C rank

while a B rank FSD is probably worth it if you're beginning, you'll learn to disregard everything B rank. unless you're trading/exploring, A rank everything except sensors and life support which should be D rank because D rank shit is lighter

weight wise it goes B>E>A/C>D
raw performance wise it does A>B>C>D>E as one would expect

which means that for exploration and trading, you want to A rank your FSD and D rank everything else
>>
>>147360318

That explains why the A is so much more expensive than the B. The B is working for now. I'll buy an A when I buy a better ship. Because it's like all the money I have at the moment to buy an A.

Can you do everything in this game or do you have to pick trader only, combat only, etc?
>>
>>147361691
depends on the ship you have

a multipurpose fitted for combat makes a decent fighter but a shit trader. Fit it for trading and you have a trader that can defend itself. Trading ships suck at everything, even trading. Forget about those. Fighters are fun but have shit jump range and internals
>>
>>147361691
You can sell and buy modules with 0 loss. Go ahead and buy that A grade if you can then sell it later.
Only ships themselves sell at a loss. 10% I think, not sure tho
>>
>>147337476
>>147339342

>More than one pilot profile.

This. Holy shit all I want is this. I would actually play this game again if I could switch between an explorer commander and a regular commander in the bubble, and hell, one more commander just to start the game over in a Sidey.

This is the only fucking game I can think of where you have to buy the game again just to have a separate character slot.
>>
>>147361691
>Can you do everything in this game or do you have to pick trader only, combat only, etc?
You can do whatever you want whenever you want if you have the space bux and time.
To do something effectively you'll need to pick the right ships and modules for them though. You're not going to do well trading in a sidey or a vulture, nor killing nigs in a type 6 or a hauler
>>
>>147360318
But interestingly enough it seems to state that B integrity is better than A. I.e. if you lost shields B thrusters won't get fucked as quick as A?
>>
>>147337476
Like:
- spees, and how good a job they do of simulating the vastness of the galaxy
- GFX/SFX, this game is fucking tight
- docking, most space games have some insta-dock bullshit
- seamless planets, sure it's only the shitty ones right now, but I can see atmospheres being fucking fun to explore
- BGS, the universe could have been fucking static like any other MMORPG
- flying + combat, literally no other game delivers the same experience in my opinion

Dislike:
- no tutorials or guidance, how much shit have I learned from other players?
- skins are fucking cash shop items, literally no one should buy them and lets all fly the same fucking ship with the same fucking paintjob to show FTroop how fucking retarded this is
- exploration is fucking useless with no stellar/astronomical anomalies, pulsars, comets, contact binaries when?
- planet variety seems fucking low as balls
- asteroid "belts" with 3 fucking asteroids
- no dwarf planets
- no station-building
- no guilds/factions
- nothing for players to fucking do matters, literally just farm to Triple Elite and quit because the game is fucking pointless beyond that
>>
>decide to do a few runs for CG
>station is 525k LS away from star
>>
>>147363906
yup
B rank works well for hulltank builds
B rank FAS is a monster battering ram
>>
The constant reliance people have on customer support for this game is absurd. But what is even worse is the constant babysitting customer service actually employs for the players of this game. Risk? No problem, especially when you can just beg customer support to get your lost shit back.
>>
>>147366243
Plebs gonna pleb ¯\(°_o)/¯
>>
Is Universe Sandbox good if I like universes and sandboxes? It has excellent reviews but I can't tell if they're meming on me or not.
>>
>>147367642

Played with it for a few hours, it was pretty cool. You'll get more mileage out of it if you know more about physics/astronomy/spess.
>>
Spessmen? Spessdaddy?
>>
Quick question. Are they aware of all the critisism and what the players like / dislike / wants for the game ? I mean, the last update gave us engineers and I'm just wondering why on earth would they release something like that. I find there's a lot of things more important like said ITT.
>>
>>147370467
Are they aware? Probably. Do they care? No. They're sticking to their vision. Powerplay wouldn't be a shithole if they cared.
>>
How much do individual torpedoes cost to rearm again?
>>
>>147370795
15k/dad
>>
>>147370986
I'm guessing they're not worth it then?
>>
>>147371150
for npcs? nah

their only real use is in pvp now, where you can put that shieldbreaker special on them and gank corvettes in a viper
>>
>>147370467
oh they know, the forums have been full of the same handful of criticisms since beta

I thought, at first, that they just didn't care enough to deviate from THE VISION, but as they have released one lump of crap after the next, it's become increasingly clear that they aren't competent, combined with the fact that they have no understanding of modern game design
>>
>>147370606
>>147371823
seriously ? but they can't be that stupid with their fucking VISION. This game have a fucking huge potential. It is a great basis for an awesome game.
And they are just wasting their chance of being relevant.
I'll check their forums. Even blizzard seems less stubborn
>>
>>147372542
>I'll check their forums.

Don't. You will be lost. Lost in a veritable forest of dads, furries, RP-ing and unironic autism.
>>
>>147372542
It doesn't help that the forum dads will make every effort possible to keep this game from becoming great

seriously, head to the forums and try to suggest that they add some depth to the gameplay, or maybe some real MMO elements

you'll be shot down by a bunch of dads insinuating that you're an entitled millenial and saying the same handful of mantras like "ELITE ISN'T EVE"

Frontier actually thinks that players WANT shallow, unengaging gameplay, because they have a legion of old British men who will do whatever amount of mental gymnastics is required to defend the game in its current state and shoot down any ideas that suggest it be modernized in any way

thanks to the dads, Frontier actually thinks they have a fun, quality product that will stand the test of time
>>
>>147337476
I like a lot of things.
What I want to player trading and the ability to build space stations to "own" a part of space.
Also we can raid player stations.
>>
>>147373218
Yeah, Frontier has done a lot to bring in that Brexit crowd.
>>
File: 1446165785781.gif (269 KB, 234x249) Image search: [Google]
1446165785781.gif
269 KB, 234x249
>>147372860
Not him but
>Checking the forums
>UK fags get depressed after losing their ships due to absurd insurance costs
>Actually making a big deal about it and asking for change
>tfw the only way to improve the game is to cause mass depression on the UK population.
>>
>>147372542

>This game have a fucking huge potential

Devs only have experience with mobile games, roller coaster tycoons, mediocre WiiU games, and Kinectimals. Regardless of what potential this game has, it was doomed from the start.

The devs have a 10 year plan for the game, where in 10 years it will be fully fleshed out and be the best space game in the market.

Every major update so far has been a blunder. Wings should have been in the base game, and trying to wing up with instancing is a nightmare. Powerplay is a fucking joke, they have abandoned it and it has sat dead in the water for months and it is currently broken, with a bug that has rendered it useless that has been in place for over a month and with no mention of a fix or patch by FD. Engineers is a glorified upgrade shop that instead of providing creative ship mods, only provides bland stat upgrades after you grind mats until your brain melts for a ship that is unstoppable, I have no idea how they plan to balance shit like thermal shock weapons. Horizons is the only one that is decent, and all it does is allow you to land on barren, empty planets and fight buggy skimmers while you drive around in a rover that is horrible to control.

And this is all without mentioning other features that the game simply lacks for no reason other than the devs have no time or competence to account for them. Only one save/character slot. No player trading. No offline mode. No mission sharing. Bounties are divided between wings, which discourages winging up to begin with. No system/faction/group chat. Every system is the same except with different flavor text. I could go on but you get the idea.

I highly doubt this game will make it to the "10 year" goal that they plan for it. I will be surprised if they make it to 5 years.
>>
>>147372542
Yeah, seriously. Just think of it this way. A consistent complaint is the existence of a severe grind and lack of things to do. So what do they do with engineers? They make another grind that lacks things to do.
>>
>>147372542
>>147372860
>>147373218
>go to the forums
>some random guy points out obvious missings features to make it enjoyable

>b-but you're missing the point!
>b-but it's not a an online game !
>i-it's a solo game trucking whatever the fuck I don't know what I'm talking about
>the game is fine !

pfiew. With people defending the state of the game right now and not wanting it to evolve, I'm not sure this game will go somewhere. Whatever the number of years they'll keep going the development.
>>
>>147373760
>, with a bug that has rendered it useless that has been in place for over a month and with no mention of a fix or patch by FD
what is the bug ?
>>
>>147373793
>They make another grind that lacks things to do.
What is quite unbelievable, is that in the end, the engineer isn't that bad. It means more customization etc. but the farming is just too fucking important. It takes too much time, even for some hardcore player. It's just too boring to farm so much. What the hell are they thinking ?
I could read people that actually spend time to get those upgrades, but what for ? There's not fucking points in the end. You can't even use it to meet up with people and fight together. I don't believe you really need to optimize your ship that much to beat a fucking AI.
>>
>>147373796
The funny part is euro/american truck simulator gets right what elite doesnt.
>>
>>147373915
NEETbux farm
I hope they never fix it
>>
>>147373915

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271203-Powerplay-Expansion-Bug-a-month-of-silence

Combat powers - like Hudson, ALD, and D E L A I N E - are unable to stop their expansions. This sounds like it's good, but they are essentially cannibalizing themselves by eating up a bunch of shit systems that will soon send them into a CC deficit and cause all of them to spiral out of control and self destruct. Opposing powers can do fuck all to stop the expansion either, defender opposition is bugged and just doesn't happen. All the people grinding the AI bug in combat zones are slowly inching Powerplay into total meltdown.
>>
>>147373915

I'd like to know as well. I keep hearing about how PP is fucked but I can't find anything about it. I know AI buffs made undermining stupid but thats about it
>>
>>147374387
>>147374478

Ah, thanks
>>
>>147372542
On the outside, it might look like it had potential.

The primary thing wrong with the game is its very foundation, that it runs p2p. This is the worst way to do anything outside of file sharing. It certainly doesn't help that their network code is hilariously incompetent, something they've done nothing to try and fix. Hey, did you know you can crash other players clients by changing a setting on your router or firewall? Did you know that you can force lag to make your ship invulnerable by denying their damage packets from being sent out of YOUR instance and that this can even be done accidentally? All kinds of cheaty shit can be done because of lag or p2p blocking and it doesn't count as cheating and Frontier has no way of knowing. Of course if you want to cheat on purpose, fucking cheat engine works because everything is stored local and again, Frontier have no way of telling unless someone catches you bragging on a stream of some dad catch you in a youtube video.

The whole foundation of the game is ruined. It was ruined before the game was even released.
>>
> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/235435-Elite-Dangerous-The-Faux-MMO
Holy shit why did I checked the forums. That's some high level of cringe we got there.
>>
>>147374235
>It means more customization etc

To me the implementation isn't significant in the right ways. Turning your multicannon bullets into heat slugs (for example) is pretty cool, but that is the extent of engineers right now. I feel sorry for the people that paid 60 dollars to slightly alter your weapons.

>>147374314
Truck simulator has the advantage of not having a magical FTL drive that puts you into an alternate dimension that only allows you to see planets and stars.

I've mentioned it before, but disregarding the negatives, one thing that X Rebirth did pretty damn well was the highway system. When I tried out the game, it felt like I was still in space, rather than a magical out of reality dimension that has no interaction with anything else.
>>
>>147374387
Why did they make that thread? The fools!
>>
>>147374387

Damn, and isn't Delaine at risk of being removed from PP once the dangerous games complete?
>>
>>147374801
>arcade/nostalgia/simulator/RPG and space-trucking game
im done
>>
>>147374801
Go through and forum report every single dadpost for insulting the OP or whoever.
>>
File: Capture.png (320 KB, 1199x617) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
320 KB, 1199x617
>>147374801
>>147375061
>that post
>>
>>147375454
>Every time trading is brought up gold farmers are strawmanned

Jesus christ.
>>
>>147375578
You can't even do such thing with the way the game is structured. No alts + slow as shit credit grind makes most GF ragequit.
>>
>>147375454

That's retarded. The game needs some fucking tools so I don't have to alt tab to anything. This game relies so much on the player base to fill in the gaps.

>Factions
>Blueprints, wtf is that pin one blueprint bullshit?
>Organizing events
>Finding what station has X module or where you can acquire X resource

You would have to be a masochist to play the game without utilizing any external resource.

On top of the grind in the game, all this serves to do is agitate anyone that plays.

Can't wait to see how they manage to fuck up multicrew ships
>>
Man space rangers 1/2 is still the best space game
Space rangers 3 when?
>>
>>147375578
Not even the chinese would touch this game because its not an mmo
>>
File: 1465093090559.jpg (98 KB, 430x350) Image search: [Google]
1465093090559.jpg
98 KB, 430x350
So i checked the forums and, goddamn it's not only the Dads but literal autists and furries that don't want the game to become better. The slightest implementation of a Clan system wouldn't hurt their fucking solo sessions but no "HURR THE GAME DOESN'T NEED IT", "GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME" "THE GAME IS FINISHED YOU GET WHAT YOU BOUGHT HURR".

Literal cancer.
>>
>>147376567
>You would have to be a masochist to play the game without utilizing any external resource.
Or better option, what most players might be doing : not care about all that and use whatever it comes to you. When I play a game it's to have fun. After buying it and playing the tutorial, I started and found out all those downside. I checked if they were going to improve the ease of use, add built in tools, etc. but nope. And now with this threads I just loose all the hope I had to see this game improve.

I'm kinda sad. It's the first time flying a spaceship was that cool, and fights were amazing. There's no better alternative sadly...
>>
>>147378752

They are fucking retarded

>Company designs aspects of game around organization
>Doesn't include the ability to organize
>>
>>147378857

They certainly got the ship mechanics down perfectly. Its hard to thing of a better alternative,
But then its like they fired that guys that thought it up because they were making too much sense and they couldn't have that.
>>
>>147379175

think* and the*
>>
>>147378752
>>147378965
Even if they weren't going to add guild/clan support, which, let's face it, with P2P and the existence of solo/mobius, wouldn't have worked too well in the first place, they could've at least halfway accomplished this via Powerplay. If they had included some way for the players to organize and communicate in-game, as well as some way to earn merits through PvP, it would have been a halfway functional system to at least simulate the idea of guilds/clans without breaking the dad's immershun.
>>
>they actually made an online game based on P2P
I'm done with this shit. That's not the kind of stuff they'll be able to modify.

Even some shitty indie games provide some servers.
>>
so if I liked the vulture and viper, what other ships would I enjoy?

Pythons a bit meh. the courier was fun but it lacked something firepower. I do love the FDL but its turning and off center cockpit bugs the shit out of me to this day and I havent played since before cqc dropped.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/270315-Old-Account-New-Player-The-feedback-I-read-more-then-apparently-the-developers-have-had-time-to-read

>In answer to your question grinding is a mindset so lets ask why you are playing.
>Presumably you are talking about the large number of credits required to get the best ship and the large number of materials etc to get the best engineering modifications assuming multiple rolls to beat the RNG.

>I'd ask why. Why do you need the best engineering mods, why do you need the biggest most expensive ship?
>Everything in game can be done quite well in a Cobra III. An Asp/Clipper will do pretty much everything you'll ever want to do.

Can those people think when they post ?
>I don't grind. I play.
>I do different things everyday so there is no grind for me.

>if you don't like grinding don't grind and do something else

there's nothing else to do in the game. How can they not realize that ?
>PP was just grinding, going from the station A on system Y to station B on system Z
>missions are going to from the station A on system Y to station B on system Z
>exploration is boring as fuck going from system A to B to C etc. and coming back. And nothing useful / funny comes from this shit.

All there is to do is GRINDING.
>>
>>147381206
Try FAS. It's like a beefier Vulture.
>>
How 2 space jew?
I mean bounty hunting is fun and all but i feel like i want to upgrade from my viper.
>>
>>147381498
thank you.

Any suggested loadouts or just go crazy trying a bunch?
>>
>>147381581
sothis/ceos grind
>>
>>147381682
Not him but how do i do this on a Cobra, i want to get myself an ASP explora and gtfo the bubble.
>>
>>147381680
I liked 3 fixed pulse lasers on the bottom and 1 gimballed beam on top for long RES/CZ grinding sessions

another popular one is two medium beams and 2 large multicannons

just screw around with it a bunch, it's insanely fast and agile for how powerful its weapons are, lots of setups work well
>>
>>147381749
>fly to sothis
>do data delivery missions from sothis to ceos and back again
>repeat this until you're at least friendly with all the minor factions in sothis
>stack up as many of the long ranged delivery missions as you can
>if there are no good missions available, refresh the mission board by switching from open>private group>solo over and over until you get good ones
>repeat this until you have billions of credits or FDev adds something to do
>>
>>147382970
ftroop adding something to do? Come on now its (current year).....and beyond
>>
ded
>>
>>147385697
just like star citizen amirite
>>
In a drunken haze I reinstall X3 Terran Conflict
>>
is there anything that would qualify as an alternative to elite?

>modernish
>you fly a spaceship
>MMO

or is this shitty half-a-game the only option?
>>
>>147387601
Not really. FDev got lucky in the sense that they "released" their game while everyone kept on developing theirs. Alternatives are in the next couple years.
>>
>>147387863
Which games?

For all i know there is NMS although it's not MMO and SC, you made it sound like there are more decent space sims coming out.
>>
File: shiiiit.gif (927 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
shiiiit.gif
927 KB, 301x300
MFW flying a conda with only multicannons and beam lasers.
>>
>>147388269
No Man's Sky
Star Citizen
Pulsar Lost Colony
Wings of Saint Nazaire
Dual Universe

But you are correct, not MMO save for Pulsar's multiplayer. You take what you can get with this genre.
>>
>>147388825
>>147388269
Oh apparently Dual Universe is going to be an MMORPG
>>
>>147388614
should have went all beams for the disco ball effect
>>
File: E X P L O R A T I O N.jpg (665 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
E X P L O R A T I O N.jpg
665 KB, 1000x1000
Is there anything worth doing in this game other than exploring?
>>
>>147390069
Terrorism.

Seriously why aren't we UA bombing some shit right now.
>>
edg fagdion wen?
>>
>>147388825
>>147388934
DU looks good but it seems like it's limited to one star system. Pulsar seems like a fun SC Lite so i may be checking it out too.

I don't personally like action-oriented games like wings though.

At this rate we should be founding Space Engine to make it come out and make our own space sim desu.
>>
>>147390028
Some messing around on ED shipyard indicates my Conda could go all beams but I would only have 2.8 seconds before my capacitor runs dry with 4 pips to wep.
>>
>>147390948
all you need bruh
>>
>>147390948
2.8 seconds of awesome? The only thing better would be explosions.

This is Mr. Torgue and I told you to explode things now!
>>
>>147391363
>>147391782
ah fuck it I'll refit my conda and post results
>>
File: 1336755328983.gif (1010 KB, 233x226) Image search: [Google]
1336755328983.gif
1010 KB, 233x226
>farm 2 mil in bounties
>1 more kill before going to cash in
>cops fly infront of laser
>wanted
>>
Used to play Elite Frontier on my Amiga back in the days. Im a furnituremaker. I have Asperger Syndrom. But very diversed in fields outside that. Composed musik, writer, lecturer, artist and thinker of many thing, inventer and so on. But I try to stay out of anyones attention.
>>
File: 1458532463171.jpg (33 KB, 314x353) Image search: [Google]
1458532463171.jpg
33 KB, 314x353
>>147395279
k
>>
>>147396126

If you have a solo game the computer does a lot of stuff. If you invade a place it does not simply not do anything. It act acordingly to counter your moves. Otherwice it whoud not be funny.

If humans acts instead of the computer, its sort of the same thing. They react to your actions. If they are more they win ground. Thats a even more realistic game than a simple solo computer game.

In life it not always goes our way. I find that level of real workings in elite make me enjoy it more. Becouse its biting back some times. You make mistakes but you have no saved games you can take up, erasing those mistakes. You have to live whit it and learn and adopt.
>>
>>147395279
>>147396317
who told ollobrains about /edg/?
>>
>>147396317
i bet if i was russian this would make sense.

Sadly, this guy just typed a bunch of words and hoped to land on a sentence.

Anyways, Holy crap its been a long time. Sold my annie, parked my FDL and bought a viper to try and remember what the fuck is going on. Wish me luck/hurl insults. Either way im space debris for the space gods. Shits changed....alot.
>>
This game had such potential...
>>
>>147397254
That's pretty much the Elite Dangerous tagline these days
>>
>>147397254
Na m8, you got caught up in the lies. Go watch the original trailer. None of that is in the game.
Now watch the Horizons trailer. None of that is in the game.
Watch the CQC trailer. None of that is in the game.
Even the title screen image is impossible in the game.

It's all a well crafted lie.
>>
File: Pythonkill2.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Pythonkill2.webm
3 MB, 640x360
So here's the full beam conda against a python
>>
File: Clipperkill.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Clipperkill.webm
3 MB, 640x360
and a clipper. The setup worked better than I expected honestly.
>>
HIP 10716 and Wu Guinagi have lots of "massacre Nobles of HIP 10716 ships" missions issued by Empire factions and they seem to be stackable easily. The faction on the receiving end is unaffiliated.

30-36 ships for about 2M spacebux seem to be very common, but the time limit is just above 4 hours. What's the best way to go about it? Where to look for these ships to find them quick and not in overwhelming numbers?
>>
>>147397423
>>147397602

I just wanted EVE with actual gameplay. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>147398718
Yes. Elite is not EVE, and I like it that way. Asking for a game billed as an MMO to have MMO mechanics is pure entitlement. Let me guess: you're a millenial aren't you?

o7 CMDRs fly safe
>>
>>147399128
Well it's certainly doing well without being an MMO isn't it?
>Oh wait

Also
>Le millenial meme

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>147390651
If "Elite Generals"-submission anon reads this post, any word on how it's progressing or how long we have to agree on faction stuff?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLg83QMmlGs

Have our glorious red overlords won yet?
>>
>>147400141
nah, there's still two more CG cycles for them to destroy in a matter of hours
>>
Why are brown dwarves so damn annoying ::((
>>
I saw Elite's for sale, what exactly do you do in it? Is it pure dogfighting or is there more to it?
>>
>>147405510
shut up and buy it already you consumerist piece of shit.
>>
>>147404213
This offends me greatly. My wife's son is brown, and fairly short.
>>
>>147405510
It's not pure dogfighting, there's tons of shit to do. Bounty hunting, mercenary work, trading, mining, smuggling, piracy, salvaging, deliveries, assassinations, exploration, raiding ground bases, working for a major political power, supporting local factions, community goals, pvp, working for engineers to craft ship upgrades, griefing dads, wishing it was more like EVE, and complaining about it here.
>>
File: conf.jpg (3 KB, 164x123) Image search: [Google]
conf.jpg
3 KB, 164x123
Is it just me or they removed commodities market at Demolition Unlimited?

INARA cays I can get rep for LIZ RYDER by selling commodyties there, but there is no marked.

Is info outdated or am I retarded?
>>
>>147407198
U A B O M B
A
B
O
M
B
>>
>>147407329
???
>>
>>147407408
If you spam unknown artifacts to a station it will 'die'. All typical station services get removed.
>>
File: absolutely doin it.jpg (18 KB, 469x500) Image search: [Google]
absolutely doin it.jpg
18 KB, 469x500
>>147390276
>UA bombing Jameson Memorial
>>
>>147408072
Fuck yes.
>>
>>147399993
You mean Elite Furfags?
>>
So uh, how do I play this game? I'm out here doing missions and whatnot, but at what point do i get a better ship etc?

i'm at like 150k, which is nothing i know, but flying a literal rectangle is pretty fucking gay desu.

What do?
>>
>>147409645
R E F U N D
>>
Any advice on >>147398502?
>>
>>147410189
signal sources, supercruise

if there's an RES or CZ, those
>>
>>147409645
Well ugh... You could probably afford an Eagle if you want to do combat.

Watch a youtube video about beginner bounty hunting.
>Get Eagle
>Outfit it
>Fly to a system with a RES
>Killsteal bounties
>??????G R I N D
>Profit
>Get Diamondback Scout

Or you know, explore the game. You're still in the honeymoon phase where you have no clue what's going on and everything is mystical and difficult. I'd say enjoy it before the VISION sets in.

>>147410189
Nav Beacon?
Any HAZRES sans authority?
I can't check the system myself now. Otherwise just signal sources.
>>
Has anyone seen class 3 pulse lasers?
>>
>>147410295
pretty much fucking anywhere

just use eddb.io
>>
>>147410295
https://eddb.io/station
>>
>>147410295
Shinrarta Dezhra - Jameson Memorial
>>
>>147410295
*class 3 fixed pulse lasers

>>147410348
Yeah I've seen gimballed and turreted, but not fixed.

>>147410354
eddb.io is lying. Went to Korovii, said data was good since 4 hours ago. No fucking go. Just gimballed.
>>
>>147410412
Thx senpai.
>>
>>147410417
Actually I went to the wrong station. Found some.

>tfw still can't find a better loadout for a vulture than 2 fixed pulses

When can I ditch this thing?
>>
>>147410808
For future reference:
Read the fucking OP:
>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

Go to galaxy map, select the map tab, then filter out system type to only show Hight Tech, then move the Minimum Population Bar towards the end to only show high population systems. You will always find what you need.

Bonus: Also go for the Chinajew -15% module discount.
>>
>>147410279
What's VISION stand for some op ingame faction?
>>
>>147410253
>>147410279
Thank you!
>>
File: edg.png (679 KB, 1121x1758) Image search: [Google]
edg.png
679 KB, 1121x1758
>>147373218
But what makes Elite so compelling isn’t so much about the game as the experience. It’s the tinkering with and the taking out of a performance car for a Sunday drive, not to rack up more miles, nor to break any speed limits, but to just feel the growl of the engine and the wind comb through what’s left of your hair. To remember those carefree days arched over a BBC Micro or blinking angrily into a Lenslok and to forget for a short while that you have to make 357 people redundant in the morning. Elite is a hermetically-sealed escape capsule and it’s the best there is. Hell, you could fire the game up and just sit there on a launch pad and the sounds are enough to carry you away, so strong is your ship’s presence and so absorbing are the station surroundings.

Taking off, tearing through the station entrance a little too fast and just missing a Python, angling for the next jump, scooping fuel from a blazing sun, spinning the camera around your ship to catch its best profile, starting a fight just for the hell of it, seeing smok rise from the command console, hearing the screen crack and precious oxygen escaping into space and landing back at base with seconds to spare – these are the moments that make Elite essential. Trading, missions, mining – not so much. But it’s ok, we’re not going anywhere.
>>
apperantly i need to find weak signal sources in rish, but there aren't any up in this bitch, what now? Does warping out and back into Rish spawn new one?
>>
>>147411162
No, it's indeed used in randomly generated names, but VISION meme mostly refers to the difference between what Lord Braben wants the game to be and what lowly anons want to be entertained, hence all the cognitive dissonance and grieving posts you can see around.
>>
File: visionary grand leader.jpg (78 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
visionary grand leader.jpg
78 KB, 600x437
>>147411162
>He doesn't know

The OP picture and it's name should give some hint
I envy you. Vision is the grand plan for the game that the developers, specifically Brabo, have. It is the 'reason' why we cannot have nice things. It is the principle the developers use to create new features in their MASSIVE incompetence and what the dads of the gulag unironically praise.
>>
File: whenthevisionjustright.png (126 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
whenthevisionjustright.png
126 KB, 557x605
>>147411271
>>
>>147411406
Is it mission related? They usually tell you where to go in the description.

But otherwise, supercruise around at 0 throttle and identify unknown signal sources - they have been changed from multiple types into identifiable USS, IIRC
>>
>>147411406
If it's a mission, scan the nav beacon if there is one.
Otherwise you just have to fly around looking for Unknown Signal Sources and scan those and hope you roll double sixes and get what you are after.
>>
>>147388825
>No Man's Sky
even worse than ED when it comes to online gaming. They said the unique online stuff would be when you name a planet or a species, people will be able to see that. Nothing else.
>>
>>147411774
>>147411943
yeh it's for a mission.

I bought a scanner, but uh, how do i use it?
>>
>>147411969
Let's just wait for Star Citizen, surely that game will give us all it promised right lads?

at least the ships won't look like a retard designed them
>>
>>147411993
Holy shit, maggot, do you really need to be spoonfeed on that?

Figure that shit out yourself ffs.
>>
>>147411993
assign it to a fire group in the right panel
>>
>>147407097
>griefing dads, wishing it was more like EVE, and complaining about it here
biggest features in the game IMO
>>
>>147412264
>griefing dads
Except that part is a lie.
>>
>>147336593
that episode was fucking nice.
>>
>>147412232
i did, i have it showing up on my HUD, do I just need to get close enough and it'll automatically work or is it like the guns and i gotta bind a button to actually make it work?
>>
>>147388825
>NMS
Rust/Starbound crafting simulator in space without the slightest chance of ever seeing my friends. Even more fucking RNG.
Pass

From all of those only Star Citizen offers remotely what I'm after.
And Star Citizen is a real money ships MMO.
Fuck me.
I stick to E:D. At least it is the devil I know.

>>147412484
Drop out of SC to Nav Beacon, fly close to it and scan it like a stellar object.
How new are you?
>>
Guys im confused with the thrusters mods.

Clean drive is designed for smaller, light craft, and dirty for big, heavy ones?
>>
>>147412618
>How new are you?

Quite literally finished installing the game less than 20 minutes ago.

Configured my stick/keybinds to my liking around 10 or so minutes ago.

Accepted first mission shortly thereafter, now I'm floating around in space.
>>
>>147412848
Clean makes you go fast but cooler.
Dirty makes you go faster, but hotter.

>>147412890
Oh that explains it then. I suggest you go through a couple of handy tutorials on the web/youtube. Although learning by doing is still possible.
>>
>>147412890
Lurk more, try to figure things out yourself first, use the info ftrom the OP before shitting up the thread with basic bitch questions.

You're stealing space from quality dadposters.
>>
>>147412484
Like >>147412618 said, jump out of SC at nav beacon, then fly within ~1 km to the nav beacon object itself (it's white on the radar, or you could select it from target list on the left panel), just target it and wait for it passively complete. In general if you do this in "Unknown" but populated system, it will discover all astronomical objects there, though you can't sell that data.

Stellar scanners are different: they have to be bound to a group and when you're in the unknown system, you "honk" it and it will say stuff about (no) new astronomical objects, if you throttle down to zero and target the star, your ship will scan it passively. Planets are the same (detailed scanner is not really necessary), but since pretty much all the systems in the bubble have been scanned, you don't have to worry about going around, I don't think scan bonus is worth the time if you're just trying to get a bit extra cash on a way from one system to another.

Back to your mission, however, nav beacon will probably update you with some planet. Go to it and fly around in its vicinity, a few seconds later it will say "Objective updated" and you'll have a blue-coloured signal source target.
>>
>>147413154
>You're stealing space from quality dadposters.
I dunno if he really does, the dadposters are a bit stale after three previous threads I read. Sure, if it makes them feel better... But the thread is better with people who keep it actually game-related, rather than lamenting their dreams never come true.
>>
>>147413628
>dadposters are a bit stale
This whole fucking thread is stale along with the game.

I doubt that saleshitters posting their dumb questions will change anything for the better, Mr. Helpful Wiki man.
>>
>>147413751
Hey there's more of us than just one helpful wiki man!
>>
I currently got a viper MK IV, What's a good ship for bounties ?
>>
>>147413861
Noice, you two can yiff in the background now.
>>
>>147413909
Viper mk III
DBS
>>
>>147413909
DBS, Viper Mk III, DBX, Vulture, FAS, FDL
>>
>>147413909
Keelback.
>>
*raises paw*
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-13+at+10.28.39).jpg (54 KB, 608x539) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-13+at+10.28.39).jpg
54 KB, 608x539
>>147413938
I'm going to yiff YOU, you motherfucking motherfucker.
>>
File: fiendishhound.gif (20 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
fiendishhound.gif
20 KB, 100x100
>>147415108
Can't yiff the top dog, pal.
>>
File: 325235.png (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
325235.png
12 KB, 300x300
>https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271188-Drew-Wagar-s-article-about-supporting-SEPP-and-why-%28Elite-Exploration-is-Paramount!%29
How pathetic those dads can get?
>commies totally dominate the dangerous games throug honest in game means
>NOT FAIR! PLS NERF!!!
>HURRR DEY ARE FILTHY GRINDERS!!!
>PLS SUPPORT OUR EXPLORATION CIRCLEJERK AND ADVERTISE IT EVERYWHERE!!!

>all that is done under a gay pretense of forcing ftroop to work on exploration
>tfw dads actually think everyone needs to proove something for ftroop for them even think of starting doing their motherfucking work

This is some bizarro parallel universe shit.
>>
>>147415884
Why the fuck do they think their shitty dad group winning will make FTroop work harder on exploration?
>>
>>147416365
>>147415884
>tfw can't wait for the thargoids update to thoroughly kill dad exploration circlejerk by having a chance to get pulled out of hypercruise and get instantly REKT with every single jump outside of the bubble.
>>
File: 323253453436.jpg (234 KB, 724x724) Image search: [Google]
323253453436.jpg
234 KB, 724x724
>>147416365
That's what triggers me the most.

Instead of coming out straight and admitting they are attention whoring bunch of faggots like fuel dads they come out with weak just cause wishful thinking bullshit.

Even that fanfiction writing fag joins the gangbang.

Shit, can't wait when this whole game gets Black Prophecy'd.
>>
>>147398070
>>147397782
So, how many beams did you tack on that conda? 3 C3 and 1 C4?
>>
File: another quality thread from dad.png (139 KB, 1834x406) Image search: [Google]
another quality thread from dad.png
139 KB, 1834x406
>>
>>147417273
HUD says he has 6 beams.
>>
File: 132532456465476.gif (992 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
132532456465476.gif
992 KB, 250x250
>>147417594
Reminder to remind that fag that David Bowie is a dead hack.
>>
>>147417273
I used 3 gimballed large beams with 2 fixed mediums and one fixed huge beam.
>>
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/
Argh, just untie warning/enemy red from the fucking filter and it will be usable. Dads will still be pleased and others will feel less like killing themselves trying to mix up a decent scheme. Pass it to Braben please.
>>
>>147418207
Or maybe put HUD customisation functionality into the fucking game?

It was asked for since what? Premium beta?

Goddamn 3D Fallouts have this.
>>
>>147418370
I'm reduced to the point of willing to compromise. Because touching red channel on that thing fucks it. I want some green with unfucked red.
>>
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271111-How-Elite-Dangerous-disincentivizes-playing

Please tell me its one of you guys trolling.
>>
>>147419435
>its one of you guys trolling
>trolling the dadland by pretending to be a dad
nah that's too meta bordering on "i was pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>147419435
>>147419743
Imagine the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if >>147416794 ever happens...
>>
File: bra2.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
bra2.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
QUICK /EDG/

Its me, David.

Give a quick idea how to fix thermal shock weapons!
>>
>>147419989
Nothing will happen. They will just combat log on them.
>>
>>147420089
Stop adding shitty, buggy, shallow, grindy new mechanics and flesh out the core game. Give persistent meaning to the player's in-game actions. That's how you fix thermal weapons.
>>
File: bra5.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bra5.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>147420518
Hey there CMDR,

It seems you do not SEE the game in a way that I do.

Over and out! o7
>>
>>147420751
My liege!
Quick, to the spess: https://youtu.be/4TQxUHpgoss
>>
>>147420751
brabo has such a punchable face

I swear every time I see him I wanna deck him right in the mug
>>
File: 12312423432543.png (90 KB, 1200x272) Image search: [Google]
12312423432543.png
90 KB, 1200x272
>>
>There are people playing this game when Star Citizen exists
plebs
>>
>>147423105
>Star Citizen
>exists
I guess /scg/ is dead because people are busy playing it?
>>
>>147423105
I bought the $45 pledge package for SC. I see the potential, but as it stand right now there's just not enough meat to keep me interested.

inb4
>elite
>meat
>>
As an Elite veteran player flying my Cobra MKIII exclusively in solo I must say you guys are playing this game wrong.
>>
>>147423207
>I see the potential
Hilarious to read this in /edg/ of all places. Both "I see" and "potential" parts.
>>
File: 123243563465.jpg (17 KB, 490x100) Image search: [Google]
123243563465.jpg
17 KB, 490x100
>>147423298
>>
There are a lot of folk like me who are currently out in deep space ... too far to make it back in time to participate in "The Dangerous Games".

Thankfully ... there is an answer! Right now Elite: Dangerous is on sale. Can't make it back to help SEPP? Buy a second account! Why didn't I think of this earlier? Its not like we need a full-on Horizons account. A basic Elite: Dangerous account is on sale now for just $20.09USD / £13.39GBP.

In just four hours of game play you can easily earn enough credits to afford a Cobra Mk III. Plenty of time to get into a 'great all-rounder' before they announce the next CG. Just haul Rares from Wulpa to Altair and back (gradually upgrading along the way).

Consider the money spent on the second account to be a donation to our favorite Developer plus: With a second account you'll never have to worry about not being able to participate in something inside the Bubble because you're 'stuck' some place like Beagle Point!
>>
>>147423447
T-this is supposed to be SFW board...
>>
File: 24343254563.jpg (42 KB, 1016x388) Image search: [Google]
24343254563.jpg
42 KB, 1016x388
>>147423727
>>
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=707,7u57u55CD01Q0Wg0_g0_g,2-6Q4s4s2C4s3I5A,7Py05U7dg03w03w2Uc
How do I improve on this?
>>
>>147423706
>shilling this hard

Dads have literally zero shame/self-awareness.
>>
>>147423965
I mean stuff like better guns. Also will enhanced thrusters work for it or is it too heavy?
>>
>>147423706
>help SEPP
Funny thing is they actually can't help SEPP anyway, cos that would require them to stick inside the bubble and do actual work like hauling/combat. Braindead explorer vegetables ain't got time for that, so they think bitching and moaning on the forums and leddit will win them Dangerous Games.

Britcucks in the shell nut.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>147423830
>>
>>147423965
>no point defense
missiles are gnarly af, PD is a must these days
>A grade sensors
nigga what the fuck are you doing
>BDS
if you have to have a discovery scanner, ADS or bust
>2A SCB instead of 3B
B grade gives you one more cell. 2A replenishes fuckall of your shields, you need rank 3
>gimballed burst
fixed beam or GTFO
>>
>>147424053
But British citizens upset over Brexit ARE entitled millenials. I'm confused...
>>
File: 43546547657.jpg (30 KB, 850x160) Image search: [Google]
43546547657.jpg
30 KB, 850x160
>>147424301
>>
>>147412405
The only people you can grief in this game are people who have no fucking clue what they're doing. If you are aware of high waking then you are invincible, but somehow dads seem to not know about this at all.
>>
>>147424338
>PD is a must these days
Did they buff missiles? Does the AI uses fixed weapons more often, so it's better PD than chaffs?

A grade sensors: it's not like iCourier is power starved.
BDS was a mistake. Probably ADS and fuel scoop when I leave for greener pastures (rip engie trash cargohold)

>2A replenishes fuckall of your shields, you need rank 3
But 3B is considerably heavier, that extra cell is less powerful than 3A and it will probably cook me alive in any case.

>fixed beam or GTFO
This is xbone controller newbie with untrained thumbs. Though the gun placement is underneath the cockpit, so might as well... But what about miniguns on the sidepods?
>>
>>147424765
>the only people you can grief in this game are saleshitters
Dads know about high waking and combat logging. They've learned that lesson long time ago.
>>
>>147424848
MCs are alright
they did buff missiles and AI uses them a lot
AI spams fixed weps and railguns so unless you're preying on large ships 24/7 it's basically useless
3B is heavier, will cook you but the heatsinks will help you mitigate that. Also B SCBs regenerate more in total than A because of that extra cell
I use a xbone controller and fixed weapons on small ships are easy enough after some training. I trained on an Eagle and a Vulture
>>
>>147424865
Then they need reeducation. A forum "regular", an insider who will feed them stories of honour and nobility that will cause them to stay and tumble in combat awkwardly, beams shining like a disco party.

Perhaps also teach them about the importance of "report crimes against me" to "off"
>>
>>147425135
Go teach them in a lesson in solo/mobius/private, big guy.
>>
>>147425057
>MCs are alright
MC are fucking beastly with mods. One corrosive and one thermal.
>>
>>147425319
Which would be the best base mod for them?
>>
>>147425695
I use overcharged.
>>
>>147425695
I use overcharged on my Python, you can use efficient weapon on your courier.

And I'm talking about grade 5 mods.
>>
>>147425695
Overcharged 100% for multicannons. Don't bother until you have grade 5 unlocked, anything less will throw your aim to shit.
>>
>>147413909
From best to worst:
Anaconda
FDL
Vulture
FDS
FAS
DBX
Dadbra MK3
Other shit

This also might be in order of most expensive to least expensive, not sure.

Alternatively, if you are filthy rich and want an actually fun time, buy an orca, outfit it for maximum mass and ram shitters for laughs.
>>
>>147425889
>>147425918
Thanks for the tips! Overcharged 5 definitely looks great, but gonna try other stuff while I build relationships with the guy, that low-level jitter looks terrible.
>>
>>147420751

Hey visiondad, you do not use over AND out, you just use out.
>>
*strokes the dog*
>>
File: tmp_11835-2E8N4yFl1232605746.jpg (38 KB, 640x315) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11835-2E8N4yFl1232605746.jpg
38 KB, 640x315
*hardpoints deploying*
>>
>>147428436
>not just ramming with hardpoints retracted

it's like you don't know the joys of the FAS
I once rammed straight through an anaconda
>>
>>147411969
>When it comes to online gaming

It has no online gaming. It's a single player game that occasionally connects to a server that stores the names of planets people discovered and named. But then again, I'm not surprised you think it has multiplayer/online. There are retards that legitimately think you can't meet up with people just because the game is big.

>>147412072
Hopefully it will. It's better than paying 60 dollars every year to have FDev shit down your throat with incompetence.
>>
>>147429114
>It has no online gaming
Jesus H Christ, chill your fucking nuts sperg and read his post again. You are basically repeating his words.
>>
>>147426404
Wait, I thought the Assault Ship was better than the Dropship.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.