[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 113
File: 1452129587341.png (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1452129587341.png
56 KB, 800x600
s there someone I can call to get my money back then? edition

http://strawpoll.me/6447025/

Previous thread >>127709032

/hbg/ Wiki: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.3 for userland / downgrade, eShop is x.x.x-28 only)
Wii U: 5.5 (Upcoming IOSU exploit)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

N3DS emuNAND can't be updated past 9.5
O3DS emuNAND can update all the way to 10.3

-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 http://i.imgur.com/tH9FMpc.png
DOWNGRADING: http://pastebin.com/ZfA8wtA2 http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji

DS: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

Vita: http://pastebin.com/zwBhCPtd

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-NOTICE: January 11th http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/extended_nintendo_network_maintenance_on_the_way
-Menu/Iron/Browserhax all work on the latest firmware again! DON'T DELAY in getting Homebrew.
-memchunkhax2 is a kernel11 exploit that allows downgrading to 9.2, and works on every firmware including 10.3.

>Is downgrading safe?
Things are going pretty well. Some bricks are simply people using the wrong firmware. Be sure you understand the risks.
-A libkhax variant of mch2 sysUpdater compiled by julian20 implements the safest settings so far
-Getting the downgrader to even start can require many tries, especially with New 3DS. Opening and closing an FTP app supposedly helps.
-Blank screen can be caused by Menuhax. Try pulling your SD card if you get it. Boot, reinsert, change theme.

>Wii U
-Apparently, the Wii U and 3DS use the same fucking keys... LOL
-Hykem is being weird.

>PS4
-Linux can run on PS4. Thanks /g/.

>Vita
-Cobra Black Fin was announced. http://wololo.net/2015/12/07/cobra-black-fin-an-upcoming-dongle-to-play-ps-vita-isos/
-A Vita update got released, you might not want to update since it fixes the email exploit.
>>
first for tech support
>>
repostan

I've successfully unlinked my sysNAND and emuNAND by formatting sysNAND but now my o3DS won't autoboot into rxTools/rxMode

What do I need to do to set this up again?
>>
What files should be in the SD cards root when trying to downgrade a n3dsxl?
>>
>>127726445
>everything else works but FBI.cia
help
>>
first for bricks
>>
>>127726445
>no root folder
>>
File: consider the following2.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
consider the following2.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
What CFW do you prefer?
- rxTools 2.6
- rxTools 3.0 alpha
- CakesFW
- Pasta CFW (jk)
- Reinand (?)
>>
File: Jeb-Bush6.jpg (61 KB, 662x800) Image search: [Google]
Jeb-Bush6.jpg
61 KB, 662x800
Is there a way to install a custom theme on an unlinked emunand without breaking menuhax?
>>
>update emunand
>system reboots
>sysnand is still 9.2.0
>go to launch emunand
>black screen
fugggggg
>>
>pirated Yokai Watch update notification

Is it safe to on 10.3 emunand?
>>
File: not daijoubu.png (404 KB, 722x524) Image search: [Google]
not daijoubu.png
404 KB, 722x524
I'm doing this despite a constant fear of bricking. I've followed all the steps in the guides so far but holding L still doesn't boot homebrew. What could be causing this?
>>
I made an improved non-kickass starter pack.

It should have everything required point-to-point to get up and running from scratch (pre-downgrade) to rxTools (excluding the firmware files). I also took the liberty of rewriting the firmware .bat file to be more streamlined.

I wrote a pretty thorough readme for the entire process, but some wording is either vague or nonexistent so fleshing out those would be nice.

Also, it works during any part of the process so if you just downgraded and don't know what to do next you could follow along perfectly by starting to set up rxTools.

> a.pomf.cat/cgcwnc.7z

Thoughts and suggested improvements are appreciated.
>>
File: 1426306085261.jpg (119 KB, 540x402) Image search: [Google]
1426306085261.jpg
119 KB, 540x402
I'm about to unlink NANDs. Should I be doing this within emunand or sysnand?
>>
>>127726948
Someone said having emunand on shuffle might help. I don't think it'd be reliable though.
>>127726908
that girl's a megaqt.
rxTools nightly build. (no idea which build just downloaded it from some tutorial.)
>>
>>127726948
CHMM2 cia
>>
Where do I place the starter.bin file that comes with EmuNAND? I've tried putting it inside the same folder emunand is in but it still can't find it.
>>
>>127727075
formatting emunand is less buggy/weird but formatting sysnand lets you keep everything on emunand.
>>
Where the hell can I find a "ReiNAND 2.1" for its firmware.bin?
>>
Is it possible to restore sysnand after format, in case I want my saves and NNID there again?
>>
well somehow I downloaded a faulty rxTools nightly with fucked up online play (got a weird "Failed to connect to partner's device" error)

someone using 3.0 alpha or latest nightly can confirm that it got no problems when online playing?
>>
>>127726973
wtf okay
>rebooted after waiting a minute
>tried again after checking that sdcard looked okay
>after 30 seconds Preparing Home Menu
>boots
>everything is there including my old custom theme from before downgrading, my badges, and the eshop games and cia applications

well okay. I can live with this.
>>
How do I know pasta CFW loader is loaded? When I load the app in the HBL it just restarts HBL w/o any confirmation that it's loaded.
>>
>>127726960
Ok so i'll just follow these steps:
>Get the started stuff>BrowserHax>Menuhax

Then i just downgrade when he gets the bigger sd?
>>
Every time I try to launch rxTools it crashes the browser and says: "An error has occurred." Help?
>>
>>127727198
Buggy/weird how?
>>
Can I install cias in sysNAND?

I'm asking because currently I don't have enough space for an emuNAND, and probably the most I can install is one game in this 2 gb SD. I'm buying a bigger one next week.
>>
>>127727278
Can confirm it's just you/your partner and has nothing to do with rxTools.

Why are you so quick to blame it? TFH uses shitty P2P so you're at the mercy of your partners to connect.
>>
File: 02brwOo.jpg (474 KB, 1806x2713) Image search: [Google]
02brwOo.jpg
474 KB, 1806x2713
>>127726682
plzrespond. I don't understand if you should have the 3dsx file or the smdh too?
>>
>>127727406
mostly to do with NNID/eshop stuff.
>>
This may help anyone downgrading, going to repost here too.

First, this may take 100, 200 many tries. Many hours trying. And if something doesn't go right, don't panic.

If Y doesn't respond - Keep smashing Y
Cia not found - Press B
Black screen - Press R L DOWN B (keep presing until you are on the home screen)
Frozen screen - (no button works) - wait 5 minutes, power off, if the lights still on, power off again (hold it)

It's scary but never give up.
>>
>>127727436
I've got the same error screen with Smash, it's not only TFH, some anon said I have a bugged nightly
>>
when i try to install a cia it does this shit, what does it mean?

Summary: Wrong argument (0x8)
Description: Invalid description (0x189)
>>
>>127727420
Yes, inject FBI using rxtools into your sysnand, and you can install a cia into your sysnand.

Any game you want would have to be less than ~800MB though, otherwise there won't be enough roomon your sd card
>>
>>127727378
Well the problem is that he will get a bigger sd soon so unless he can copy and be good to go, i wouldn't know what steps to go through again
>>
>>127727150
Solved it. For anyone else having this issue stick the "EmuNAND9" folder containing starter.bin into the root of your card. It'll find it then.
>>
>>127727243
Yeah, take the original NAND.bin and put on root

Then access gateway menu and hold up when pressing A on downgrade to restore nand to sysnand. No need to buy the gateway red card to do this
>>
Formatted my sysnand to unlink
Do I need to do anything else? Relink my NNID?
>>
With unlinked nands, it's safe to go into Data Management in emunand, right?"
>>
>>127727605
Its possible to copy emunands to different cards

Its easier to just start on a bigger card, but, it's still possible.
>>
>>127727243
Backing >>127727642 because I had to go back and redo everything after I forgot to inject FBI. Worked perfectly.
>>
>>127725386
>I'm not going to check the guide to find out, so I'll ask you. Did the guide make you unlink your NANDs?

I had already unlinked them before and got all my games onto emuNand. They disappeared after I went through the fixing the eshop stuff.

But I managed to fix it by just lots of googling. Found some info on gbatemp about renaming the old ID folder in /Nintendo 3DS/ with the name of the new folder. Now I've got my games and saves back on emunand, and can access eshop. So I'm all set. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question though.
>>
>>127727230
pls respond
>>
>>127727642
>>127727742
Nice! Thank you
>>
reposting

>>127724945
thanks for the heads up. I didn't install any cias (but I launched FBI to check if it's working), just updated emunand to 10.3 and tried to enter the eshop

it recognized the NNID I already had in this 3DS, but I got "an error has occured, please try again later"

not sure if I'm fucked
>>
>>127727642
I think you can even extract your emunand with emunand tool and restore that too, but I don't know how badly cfw fucks it up

Has anyone confirmed this works?
>>
File: 1406160345734.jpg (121 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1406160345734.jpg
121 KB, 512x512
So I'm on EmuNAND with rxTools, everything is fine. I've heard some games need higher firmware to run though. Wouldn't I lose rxtools and FBI if I updated? Is there a different way to update or do I just use the system settings? O3DS for the record.
>>
I understand .cias are safe to play online. Is there anything I need to do once I'm on 9.2 to play online? Do I need to go to 9.5? Do I need to install anything extra?
>>
>>127727568
Damn it. I might as well wait until I buy the card then.

Thanks anon.
>>
Does anyone know exactly what happens with your NNID when unlinking?
>>
>>127727975
update emunand to latest version and you might have to format your sysnand to get it to work with nintendo network
>>
>>127728054
nothing, you can link it again on a different console and it will work, including your eshop purchases
>>
3DS GUYS!
What's a good 3DS game with file seize is lower than 500MBs?
>>
how do i fix the fail to load native firm 4 issue?
>>
>>127727849
never mind I found a tutorial that seems to explain my case:

5) Great now you have separated your sysnand from emunand but there is a problem. When you try to go into eshop from emunand you get an error. This happens because after format NNID info on sysnand are lost so you need to go back on sysnand and enter your existing NNID info on your 3ds. Do not create a new NNID. PUT EXISTING NNID ON SYSNAND NNID. After that you can get into eshop on emunand normally

6) Last step is to boot gateway mode, backup sysnand again and downgrade your 3ds via the gateway downgrade option. After doing so you end up with a 4.5fw sysnand (for EU 3ds, I don't know about US or Japan etc) and your emunand as you left it. Eshop works normally on your emunand and sysnand is separated from emunand.

not too sure about this step 6 tho, will try just 5 first
>>
>>127727778
Wait so what did you do because all of my stuff disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back
>>
I've been enjoying pirated and other region games for a few days now, everything is good but I haven't been able to test out streetpass with any games yet as I've been visiting familly for a few weeks. Is there anything you have to do to get streetpass stuff working with cia games or should it all be good from the start?

The reason I ask is because I launched streetpass plaza to clear some streetpasses I had gotten before doing all the downgrade stuff and it worked fine other than giving me a notification that it couldn't do something with spotpass data on the SD card. I don't care about spotpass at all, but will it cause issues with streetpassing in games?

I haven't used my 3DS much in the past year I got it, so I don't know what all this spotpass nonsense really does.
>>
>>127726445
>didn't even change the edition

NIGGA
>>
Trying to install rxTools and I get "Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4" I'm following one of the pastebin guides mentioned in the previous thread
>>
To anyone wanting games, here's a link posted on /v/ but got deleted.

https://mega dot nz/#F!cc10iZ7I!6lsenuB_u1kvLukCOpDXSA
>>
Aw sheeit niggas. Forgot about Girls Mode 3. Now I don't have to wait for NoA to not localize it.
>>
Is it possible to create a new NNID on my N3DS's emunand? I downgraded to 9.2 without setting up a NNID. I don't care if my sysnand is without NNID.
>>
Does anybody know exactly what to do to backup an Animal Crossing New Leaf save? In 10.3, just to be safe before downgrading.

I hear it's difficult to backup.
>>
I finally got Cakes running. Thank you based anon.
>>
File: alis mom.png (20 KB, 152x155) Image search: [Google]
alis mom.png
20 KB, 152x155
Using the "old store version" to download v1 of ironfall put the present box in my 3ds desktop but it isn't downloading.
Did it stop working/has it been fixed by nintendo?
Or should I assume it's just too much traffic?
>>
Following this gude: http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji

>First off we'll need signature patching so we can run FBI. To do this, launch Pasta. It'll kick you back to your home menu, only this time with signature patching, allowing you to install whatever you want. If Pasta doesn't work, try MiniPasta. Now return to the homebrew menu via the browserhax URL again. Once here, launch FBI. Now that you're in FBI you can install .cia files. Go to where you save fbi.cia and install it. This will allow you to access FBI from your home menu instead of the homebrew launcher.

My question is, after launching Pasta or miniPasta and it kicks you back to the front, do I need to go back to homebrew menu without powering the system off? Can't figure out if that's possible with menuhax, and browserhax fails every time I try it after being kicked back.

If this does not matter, only thing that does matter is that fbi.cia is not installing no matter what I do.

>Install failed!
>SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
>Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)
No idea what to do from here, I'm pretty sure I have everything I need so far.
>>
File: 1403050182230.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1403050182230.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
>downgraded first try
>installed cfw first try
>installed fbi and .cias no problem
>but tfw you only have the stock 4GB SD card

Well fuck, I guess I'm stuck with the ambassador games until I get a new SD card.

Any small retail games or dsiware you'd recommend?
>>
whats the safest sysupdater to use on n3ds
>>
>>127727465
Nobody knows the answer?
>>
>>127728456
Go into your /Nintendo 3DS/ folder on the root of your SD card. You should have a Private folder and then most likely two other folders with long IDs.

In my case one was 13gigs because it was my older folder that had all my games. When I fixed the eshop it created a second, new folder, that was only 99mb. I copied both folder names then renamed the newer 99mb one something like "newID". Then I renamed the 13gig one with the original folder name of the 99mb folder. Booted up my 3DS and all my games were back and I had eshop access still.
>>
>>127728774
The two in the pastebins works. I tried them with my 2 3ds and got it to work the first time.
>>
i'm having some trouble booting into gateway on my n3ds, using oot3d. im on 9.2.0 and have the correct savefile on my gamecard

when i boot in, the top screen turns black and the bottom screen turns white
>>
>>127728138
will emunand work perfectly at 10.3? I see reports that N3DS can only do 9.5 right now? All the info is scattered and fucking confusing and all I want to do is maybe just maybe hunt with some buds.
>>
File: 1385028439059.jpg (103 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1385028439059.jpg
103 KB, 500x540
So, I am trying to downgrade my o3ds from 9.8 to 9.2, everything went fine until the end, but now is frozen in "Updates installed, rebooting in ten seconds".

What should I do?
>>
File: preview.png (121 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
preview.png
121 KB, 400x480
By the way what happened to these sluts? And why do they have so many themes on JP?
>>
File: Capture.png (51 KB, 623x546) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
51 KB, 623x546
>>127728760
>Any small retail games or dsiware you'd recommend?
>>
Is there any upside in updating emunand to 10.3 on my O3DS?
>>
File: 1428365817478.jpg (618 KB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
1428365817478.jpg
618 KB, 1201x884
>Update emuNAND
>Rxtools black screens

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>127728706
Shit nevermind yeah I learned you can't power it off after being kicked back to the home screen. fbi.cia installed now.
>>
>>127729071

One of them left and was replaced by a new girl.
>>
Whats the name of the program that allows region free cia installing in rxTools?
>>
File: 20160106_225803.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160106_225803.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Help what do
>>
How to launch rxTool after instalation?
>>
>>127729206
run pasta under sysnand, clone sysnand to emunand
>>
>>127729206
Trash it and get a vita.
>>
Why are people using rxTools over CakesFW, anyway?
>>
Autobooting rxTools doesn't work on o3ds 10.3
alternatives?
>>
File: 1428298477902.jpg (14 KB, 158x243) Image search: [Google]
1428298477902.jpg
14 KB, 158x243
>few weeks ago
>move all data from 4GB microSD to 8GB microSD
>everything works, no problems
>today
>try moving 8GB data to 32GB using exact same method (copy everything to desktop, put it back on new card)
>digital games refuse to show up
FUCK
>>
>>127729378
Cake CFW
>>
File: simple question.png (78 KB, 981x588) Image search: [Google]
simple question.png
78 KB, 981x588
Hey folks, small simple questions here.

The files above are in my 3ds folder and the files below are in the root.
Since I know a few of the homebrew apps I use can be replaced with a .cia now, can I remove everything but the installer and menuhax?
I won't need sysupdate and the updates folder anymore since I'm on a O3DS (right?)

However, I'm having trouble figuring out which files in the root I no longer need.
Even then I install the emulator via .cia I will need the roms in the root, correct?

My last few questions are simple too:

I installed menuhax before my downgrade, will it need to be reinstalled?
Once I upgrade to 10.3 via emuand, will I still be able to access my NNID and miiverse or is it not safe to log in? I can still access the eshop so I should be able to right?

Thanks!
>>
Can anyone help me with this, I'm a bit stumped.

>Cakes
>https://github.com/mid-kid/CakesForeveryWan/releases
>Copy everything to the SD card. There are three files that end in .here (two are in /cakes/ ) you will need to copy the actual files so they are next to the .here files.

So I threw the .bin and .nds files into the sd card, but I'm confused by this last bit, am I only putting the .here files in?
>>
Should I use the beta gateway firmware or the normal one?
>>
hey which cia installer did you guys use for translated FE fates? fbi doesn't work.
>>
File: panic.jpg (381 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
381 KB, 2400x1800
>load my 3DS with a few dozen games
>can't figure out what to play
>launch something, get 5 minutes in
>maybe I should play X instead...

HELP
>>
File: 20160107_005803.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160107_005803.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Just about to install Gunvolt's Update when...

Yeah, I made sure both were USA.
>>
I have a 4gig microSD, should I bother setting up CFW or should I wait until I get a bigger card?
>>
>>127729063
wait, if it doesnt reboot wait 10 minutes and reboot
>>
so it seems people are using this tutorial to fix error 022 on eshop with emunand

http://3dshomebrew.blogspot.com.br/2015/12/tutorial-how-to-fix-emunand-error-022.html

but wouldn't it work the same if I just went to sysnand (which was formatted) and set up the same NNID that is already on emunand? Did anyone try that?
>>
>>127727973
unlink your nands and then just update your emunand the normal way
>>
File: literally cucking nintendo.jpg (157 KB, 936x1248) Image search: [Google]
literally cucking nintendo.jpg
157 KB, 936x1248
A couple days ago I was here on /hbg/ asking about DLC that wasn't working

I had FE:A installed but the game didn't recognize the DLC I installed both via FBI and BigBlueMenu

I think I found the solution to that: For DLC to work on your system, you need to have the game and the DLC in the same region as your 3DS. I have an EU o3DS running US FE:A and the US DLC and it didn't work. Tried downloading the EU version and EU DLC and it worked perfectly (installed via BigBlueMenu, not sure about FBI, some people say it's better than FBI for DLC)

Anyone has had any similar experiences? Any NA game runs fine on my system, but the DLC so far didn't work, I should try that with more games

I think that shouldn't be a problem unless you are that guy from a couple days ago that was having the same problem as me with Taiko no Tatsujin, so installing JP DLC might be hard right now

Pic somewhat related, my 3DS homescreen with two FE:A copies
>>
>>127727075
If you format Sysnand you lose everything forever. If you have a bunch of stuff off the eShop and want to someday return to normal and pretend CFW never happened just unlink the Emunand. If you have a specific 3DS exclusively for piracy then unlink the Sysnand.
>>
>>127729454
Retard guide pls
>>
>>127729608
This 10 minute bullshit needs to go.

I walked a couple friends through it and they were fine powering off 10-20 seconds after it failed to reboot (so 20-30 overall). If it's done, it's done. Waiting ain't going to make it more done.
>>
>>127728669
is it a cart? if so then there's nothing to backup

is it a digital download? just backup your SD card
>>
>>127729709
It's my girlfriend's digital copy, and I was just wanting to be really careful in case of brick. She has about a million hours in that game.
>>
>>127729515
I used the beta one and it worked fine

not sure if there's risks tho
>>
File: 1431709883035.jpg (119 KB, 617x932) Image search: [Google]
1431709883035.jpg
119 KB, 617x932
>>127729651
>literally cucking nintendo.jpg
>ntr cfw
>>
>>127729515
I'd like to know this as well
>>
Is there anything specific I need to do to safely using wifi on CIA games?
>>
File: chihuahua2.jpg (108 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
chihuahua2.jpg
108 KB, 764x1024
>>127729819
>>
>>127729675
http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
>>
>>127728332
ace attorney
>>
>>127729579
i recommend getting a bigger card, but with a 4gig you can at least play one game at a time
>>
>7GB card
>all the games i want are huge
>>
I used FBI in the HBL to install fbi.cia. It said it worked but it's not showing up in the home menu like I thought it would? Still have to do the stuff with emunand though
>>
>>127729697
I pulled the battery on my N3DS at every lock. Sped up the process significantly with no damage. Only 4 hours spent brute forcing the exploit!

Call it reckless but if I waited 10 minutes every retry I'd still be nowhere.
>>
File: 1452120670726.png (239 KB, 708x537) Image search: [Google]
1452120670726.png
239 KB, 708x537
reposting
guys I installed a gba game on FBI in sysNAND by accidenet
How do I delete them now?

>>127725386
Uh I think I installed them in both
They appear as black boxes in sysnand and they appear and quickly disappear in NAND
Did I fuck up bigtime?
>>
>>127729139
please answer.
>>
File: Z5.jpg (50 KB, 732x432) Image search: [Google]
Z5.jpg
50 KB, 732x432
>>127729819

>cucking nintendo with ALL the smash DLC
>>
What's different about formatting emunand from sysnand? Leaving the SD card, I'm guessing?
>>
to undo everything is just to delete all the shit of the sd card and paste your backup on it?
>>
>>127729576
Also, help please.
>>
>>127730019
Online games
Some games need firmware (only example I can remember that happened with me was translated MHX)
E-shop
>>
>>127729907
Okay thank you
>>
If you don't format you SD card before downgrading will all your digital games still work after the fact, or do they become dead weight?
>>
After using tinyformat to format the emunand and unlink the emu and sysnands can I use emunand9 to clone the sysnand to the emunand and have them be basically the same but still unlinked?
>>
Anybody know anything about:
>>127728683

Getting ironfall v1, I mean.

Won't I get it if I download it from the normal store?
>>
>Get everything ready for pirating
>go to look for games
>realize I already bought and played every 3DS game I was interested in
At least I have it ready for Fates.
Can't wait to go through all this shit again when the Wii U exploit drops.
>>
File: IMG_20160106_201017.jpg (828 KB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_201017.jpg
828 KB, 3120x4160
Using a N3DS with what I believe is Julian's latest sysupdate
is it safe to reboot here and try again?
>>
File: 1442506036886.jpg (31 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1442506036886.jpg
31 KB, 852x480
Is it safe to download dlc while in emunand? I'm trying to play MonHun but I'm scared that i'll fuck something up.
>>
rip sd card

at least my system is still downgraded and working fine
>>
How do I boot up rxtools? I'm pressing L on boot up but it's just a bottom red and top black screen
>>
>>127726908
rxtools 3.0 on o3ds
cakes+ntr on n3ds

minipasta for sysnand on both
>>
Is it ok to update games with eShop in the emunand?
>>
>>127729541
PLS HELP
>>
>>127729459
Just a few simple questions... anyone?
>>
>>127730440
reboot your console from the sysNAND
>>
>Failed to get CIA file info

Do I keep trying or do I need to do something else?
>>
To unlink my NAND's it's as simple as booting with no sd card in, going to the system settings and using the format system option yeah?
>>
File: 1348490422517.png (98 KB, 276x400) Image search: [Google]
1348490422517.png
98 KB, 276x400
>>127729608
>>127729697
I've waited 10 minutes and it warked! Thanks guys, I'll get into this CFW stuff.
>>
>>127730587
How do I do that if I cant access the homebrew menu?
>>
>>127728796
I know the answer but I don't like the picture you posted so I'm not going to answer.

Also you're a cuck for waiting so long and hoping to piggyback off others who already blazed the trail on n3ds
>>
how do I exit out of homebrew channel withouth turning it off?
>>
>>127730593
Are you on a mac?
>>
File: 1361526308465.jpg (75 KB, 560x550) Image search: [Google]
1361526308465.jpg
75 KB, 560x550
>Updated emuNAND
>Rxtools freezes at black screen now

Please help, MHX is almost within my grasp.
>>
>>127730710
You don't.
>>
>>127727402
Pls respond
>>
>>127730770
No, I'm on loonix.
>>
I sucessfully dowgraded, but I can't use browserhax... When I open the link nothing happens.

What should I do?
>>
>>127729142
same kek
>>
>>127730307
anyone?
>>
Asking again, does anyone have a full smash dlc bundle? I don't want to wade through a million threads on 3dsiso.
>>
How do I go about formatting emunand? I'm assuming it's different from sysnand.
>>
is there a way to install .cia files via network? SocketPunch doesn't work for shit
>>
Hey, so. I can't seem to access the eshop despite everything. I've got the spoofer and everything running as told but whenever I open up Eshop, it loads up my name and what not for a few seconds before telling me that I need to update to use eshop, EVEN with the spoofer.
>>
>getting an sd card for games
>reviews on amazon say a ton of them are fake

which brands are you using and what sellers did you buy from?
>>
>>127730924
TinyFormat
>>
RxTools doesn't show the region or version when I check TMD, how do I install FBI?
>>
>>127727717
I did it and deleted some games to make room for downloading the update to 10.3. Everything seems fine.

This was on an o3ds running RX3D 9.2.0-20U
>>
>>127730489
help
>>
>>127730974
Oh, and I've got the N3DS. Almost forgot to mention, my bad.
>>
Is there a quick way to get into the Homebrew Launcher from emunand? Using an rxTools nightly.
>>
>>127730487
What if I use Cakes on o3DS? The rxTools author seems an idiot. Also, what is NTR? A CFW without piracy, or what?
>>
File: received_528385093997518.jpg (14 KB, 337x506) Image search: [Google]
received_528385093997518.jpg
14 KB, 337x506
sysUpdater 0.4.2b keeps freezing on me before i even hit downgrade.
what do i do?
>>
I'm using cakes. When I use go to system settings, am I still in cakes? I'm asking this because when I exit out, I'm out of cakes.
>>
>>127728332
Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+
>>
>>127731138
install home-brew launcher cia
>>
>>127731073
I went ahead and did it earlier, works fine (o3dsxl running cakes on 10.3 (9.2sysnand))
>>
>>127730823
O3DS?
>>
Can anyone tell me of a good 3ds to cis converter
>>
>>127730968
SocketPunch works fine, it's about the only method currently to transfer over network. It's also slow as shit anyway, because of the internal limitations of the 3DS hardware.

>>127731067
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

>>127731151
Cakes and rxTools work fine on both versions. I personally like rxtools more on o3ds because it boots more successfully, and vice versa for cakes. NTR is like... a shell process that you run on top of homemenu, so it's not necessarily a "CFW" in the traditional sense. You run the boot program, and then you get a nice menu that you can access with X+Y in any game or on the home menu. So you can run RX+NTR or Cakes+NTR.
>>
>>127730821
Mac has a tendency to creating hidden files on every folder, try looking for any hidden file.
>>
I have a N3DS XL (9.9E I think)
Since the whole downgrading thing doesn't seem to be stable yet, I'll wait until I can do it without hoping one of the steps work on the 50th attempt.

Can you play pirated 3DS games with a cFW and what SD card size would be recommendable once piracy works?
>>
Every time I hit downgrade on sysUpdater 0.4.2b it hits an error when gathering cia information. What did I do wrong?
>>
>>127731263
Yeah.
>>
Are there any special steps to installing games and DLC/updates from other regions using rxTools and FBI?

>>127731383
It's perfectly stable if you just follow instructions. You want at least 32gigs probably.
>>
>>127731383
Yes and you should get either 32 or 64.
>>
>>127730863
It's fine, reset and keep trying

>>127731406
Reset, try again. It might take 100+ tries

>>127731479
Click the slider on the blank page
>>
>invalid database save hash check failed
What to do?
>>
>>127729459
anyone?
>>
I cant start up rx tools because I dont have access to my Homebrew launcher ? It's just bottom red and top black. What did I do wrong?
>>
File: 1450380158980.jpg (157 KB, 510x1027) Image search: [Google]
1450380158980.jpg
157 KB, 510x1027
I'm using the retard's autoboot guide and I completed up to step 4. RxTools 3.0 has been run for the first time, my emuNAND has a different homescreen layout from sysNAND, etc.

Now I'm trying to run browserhax on sysNAND so I can install menuhax and eventually get autoboot up, but every time I try to launch browserhax it says an error has occurred. I've cleared my SD card of any .bin payloads and retried many times, but sysNAND still refuses to install browserhax (on 9.2.0).

Is browser/menuhax supposed to be installed on emuNAND instead? I feel like I've hit a wall here.
>>
>>127728886
Thanks man, that completely fixed it
>>
>>127728452
Can you share the tutorial? having the exact same issue.
>>
>>127730489
guise
>>
>>127728182
So you can never link it again on the one you're using?
>>
can i still buy physical games and use online with them without fucking up the cfw?
>>
>>127731575
i cant even get to the downgrade screen, ive only gotten it to show once and it froze before i could hit Y
>>
>>127730629
Lads please.
>>
>>127729576
help
>>
>>127730987
SanDisk
Walmart
Buy it site-to-store if the store doesn't have what you're looking for. They deliver but those shipping prices are atrocious. Might as well grab it while you're picking up some veggies.
>>
>>127731687
Believe it's just trial and error, but I don't have a N3DS
>>
>>127731734
yes as long as you have done the emunand9 process
>>
>>127731687
It's finicky, my n3DS liked to freeze on the HBL's yellow screen and my friends o3DS liked to freeze on the sysUpdater
>>
I have a black icon/blank title installed on EmuNAND, how to remove? When opened it just stays on the 3DS logo screen
>>
>>127731336
I didn't see any hidden files in the updates folder. What do I do now, am I fucked?
>>
>>127731894
Not him but what if I didn't use the emunand9 one? i used the gateway one
>>
File: 1232225213398.jpg (42 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
1232225213398.jpg
42 KB, 400x540
>>127731318
Ok, I'll install rxTools then. I should grab the CFW from here, right? https://lavanoid.github.io
Also, this guide is still valid for doing it? http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
>>
Is there anywhere I can find PQ undubbed?
>>
>>127731894
I have, yes. I'm following the pastebin guide that ends in Aji.
>>
>only have a 16 gb sd card
>impatient and dont feel like going and getting a bigger one
I'll be fine with just 16 gb right?
>>
Anyone managed to figure out how to get past it softbricking every time when downgrading?
>>
>>127731010
How do I run this while in emunand, before? Before I've unlinked my NANDs.
>>
Just wondering, is there any issue with using a MicroSD to SD converter? Like, the SD cards you can plug a MicroSD into, just wondering.
>>
>>127732058
Lavanoid dropbox is dead for the moment, so here's the rxtools build I used. https://mega.nz/#!lR03UIZD!cJ8bhIwlN-JqYAM1p_aUwmus2jxK70fy8M5DEwyJcwA

And yeah, that guide is valid.
>>
File: 1450330580270s.jpg (23 KB, 526x464) Image search: [Google]
1450330580270s.jpg
23 KB, 526x464
Finally got everything where I want it. It's a testament to how pants-on-headretarded I am due to the fact that it took me two days to do it

N3DS 9.2 emuNAND w/ Cakes coldboot and some netorare on the side. Just tested everything using FEif, MHX, and RTTB+.
>>
>>127731734
yes
>>
So I'm trying to install the 2.5 Homebrew Launcher on my 9.2 sysNAND, and after trying multiple times with different downloads of the starter pack it keeps fucking saying it's the 1.1b version of the Homebrew Launcher, which doesn't work with Menuhax.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
hey, i'm getting an error when i try to use browserhax. it simply says an error has occured and that i should restart the system. i've done this before, and i'm doing it the same way i did back then, but it doesn't want to work. has anyone solved this problem?
>>
File: 20160107_023121.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160107_023121.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>127731575
When I click the slider it gives me pic related, any ideas?
>>
>>127732127
so yeah, just format that bitch up (remove SD when the red format button appears)

you'll have to install menuhax again, though

>>127732010
I'm not sure, I didn't use that method, sorry

but it should be the same process

at worst you'll have to install menuhax again
>>
File: image.png (421 KB, 598x723) Image search: [Google]
image.png
421 KB, 598x723
http://strawpoll.me/5723003/r

>>127732130
Yes just copy/paste when you get a bigger one
>>
>>127731894
It's the "Format system memory" that I should be selecting? Just because it says it's gonna connect to the internet.
>>
Is downloading patches or buying games off the eShop safe with emunand on the latest firmware?
>>
>>127731954
Just keep trying.
>>
>>127731824
You're welcome, been doing tech support since it came out and even wrote this quick little flowchart guide thing.

http://pastebin.com/U6pGq6ih
>>
>tried to update emunand
>update failed

Should I just retry or did I overlook something? Where are these cias installing anyway? The guide I'm following just says to install some useful stuff like bigblue and hbl but no other details.
>>
>>127731658
it's this one, but quite old and for 4.5, though it seems to be the same problem

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-on-4-5-to-4-5-with-separated-emunand-and-eshop-working-correctly.378275/

the one in the pastebin people are probably using is this one

http://3dshomebrew.blogspot.com.br/2015/12/tutorial-how-to-fix-emunand-error-022.html
>>
>>127732304
repeat the process several times

it's retarded, took me like 15 tries every time I had to redo it

there's a way that supposedly works every time

>turn off wifi
>go to browser
>delete history/cookies
>go to camera and read the QR
>go to browser
>do the initial browser setup
>quit browser
>turn on wifi
>open browser and click slider

it worked once for me
>>
>>127732304
Clear cookies, reboot and try again until it works.
>>
>>127726678
yeah menuhax need to be resintalled after a format.

the rest of the files should be okay
>>
>update in emuNAND
>it's all gone
what?
>>
>>127730489
Someone?
>>
>>127731605
PLEASE HELP
>>
>>127729559
play psmd
get the german/french/italian/spanish translation patch if you want http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04142126285816082300
>>
>>127732306
And just triple checking here but all my saves are 100% fine on emuNAND after unlinking?
>>
>>127732448
yes as long as it's same region
>>
>>127728796
read the open, read all the pastebin and stop being retarded
>>
>>127729459
Please, its just a few simple questions...
>>
File: 3dslawyer.png (2 MB, 2586x2266) Image search: [Google]
3dslawyer.png
2 MB, 2586x2266
is there a way to create .cia game patches that are installed like updates to create/install mods? hasnt this been done with the pokemon games?
>>
>>127732394
It's the definition of insanity, but ok. I was using 9.0.0-20U firmware before before my retard brother updated, so that's what I'm downgrading to. Does that make a difference?
>>
>>127732447
Did you unlink first?
>>
QUICK
Link me the latest guide for setting up CFW and stuff on 9.2
I JUST downgraded on my N3DS
>>
>>127729828
No, nothing at all

>>127730489
Yes
>>
>>127732431
Thanks a ton!
>>
is there anyway to play online without being in 10.3?
>>
This is stupid but how do I exit bigbluemenu?
>>
File: 0106162308.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
0106162308.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Thanks for all the help you guys
I <3 you
>>
>>127732637
see
>>127732408

Quick and easy all you have to do is follow the steps.
>>
>>127732339
yes

reminder that if anything goes wrong you can just do everything again

>>127732503
I think so

my SMTIV and sm4sh saves were fine
>>
I'm trying to downgrade a n3DS using sysUpdater 0.4.2b and I keep getting the message

"titleException:
main.cpp : 148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

every time I hit the downgrade button.

>>127731575 says to keep retrying but I am worried that I fucked something up along the way
>>
>>127732782
That guide says O3DS
I'm using a N3DS, senpai
>>
>>127732438
That worked, thanks!
>>
>>127732613
>pic
THANK YOU FOR THAT

Yes, it's possible
>>
>>127732692
Home button
>>
>>127732667
you're welcome. If you could report back in case of success would be nice (and which tutorial you used)

I'm just waiting for my nand backup to finish before doing it
>>
>Summary: Out of resource (0x3)
>Description: Unknown description (0xd2)
I spent five hours on this. WHY?
>>
If I update my Emunand to 10.3, what entrypoints do I have available? OoT? Ironhax? Menuhax? Browserhax?
>>
>>127732880
then how? ive been searching around and havent found any guides pertaining to that.
>>
>>127732905
4GB right? Get a bigger card.
>>
>There are three files that end in .here (two are in /cakes/ ) you will need to copy the actual files so they are next to the .here files.

Call me stupid, but what the fuck does this mean?
>>
File: HNI_0001.jpg (106 KB, 432x528) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0001.jpg
106 KB, 432x528
I don't know why some people are that scared, everything was piss easy.
>>
Just finished downgrading to 9.2 and am now working on the next steps. It says I should put the FBI and emunand "3ds" folders into the root of the SD card. Should I merge it with the old 3ds folder I got for installing homebrew, or delete the old one and make a new one for these next few steps?
>>
>>127732970
I'm a pokefag and have spent way too much time on getting me some different coloured pixels
>>
>>127732959
8GB. Bravely Default block size can't be 20000
>>
>>127732613
>>127732880
Uhm. Sorry for being extremely dumb, I guess you wanted to know how to do it.
Check this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-rebuild-a-custom-update-for-pok%C3%A9mon-xy-oras.391282/

>>127732931
Sorry.

>>127732921
spider exploit
sliderhax
oothax
ninjhax
themehax
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 113

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.