[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/gdg/ - Grim Dawn General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105
File: writing on the wall.png (760 KB, 792x656) Image search: [Google]
writing on the wall.png
760 KB, 792x656
Spectre title sequence edition

>What is Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn is an ARPG made by a few left over developers from Iron Lore Entertainment who also made Titan Quest along with a few other devs including one D1/D2 designer. Currently you can't really pirate it because it breaks NPCS and quests (custom DRM I'm guessing) but there is a DRM free version planned for launch.

>What are some features
Dual Class System
Faction-Based Questing
Refined Loot Drops
300+ Hero Monsters
Destructible Environments
Dynamic Weather
Recipe-Based Crafting
Modding Tools (Future)
DRM Free Version (At launch in February 2016)
Survival Mode (think endless dungeon) (for all backers)
More here http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/featurelist.php

>FAQ
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/faq.php

>Game Guide
http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php

>Wiki
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>Advanced mechanics
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720

>Build Planner
http://grimcalc.com/
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23967

>Item Database
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items

>Store Page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

>Why is this game taking so long to make?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257065#post257065

>Trade
Post in the thread, in the forums or in the ledit.

>Previous bounty
>>127543516
>>
First for about to get my anus destroyed yet again while trying to progress through Bastion of Chaos.
>>
File: 1450175171988.png (143 KB, 745x543) Image search: [Google]
1450175171988.png
143 KB, 745x543
So i'm making a demolitionist focusing on fire/burn damage, my question is what to take as a secondary class.

I've crossed Arcanist out because i used it a lot recently which leaves me with either Soldier for survivability or Occultist for damage/utility.
My main problem with Occultist is that the extra damage bonuses are a bit weak, and i'm not sure how useful the utility stuff (BoD and CoF) will be.

Think i can get away with Soldier and rely on gear/devotions for the necessary damage?
>>
So on my Spellbreaker, I'm now alternating between leveling Shadow Dance (2/12) and Veil of Shadow (3/10). Should I level both to max, and is there one I should prioritize above the other?
>>
How are the occultist summons? Do they need a major investment to be worthwhile?
>>
Are there any arcanist specific weapoons? So far I found only offhands, so what do I use as main?
>>
>>127654874
occultist, going soldier will skew you towards physical damage
>>127655186
depends, if you want utility/buffs or combat pets
>>
where do I farm chilled steel
>>
>>127655412
I'm using evil eye with focused gaze, was thinking about getting the raven for the heal and hellhound for additional damage
>>
Where do I farm Order of Death's Vigil reputation the fastest?
>>
Is wearing Mirror and Flash Freezing mobs, then nuking them with Trozan's Sky Shard a viable tactic?
>>
>tfw crafted and found green weapons are yet again better than any epics or legendaries just like in TQ
>>
File: bombs internally.jpg (21 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bombs internally.jpg
21 KB, 225x225
>skeletal knight
Gee, that's nice DPS you've got there. It would be a shame if someone were to BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK.
>>
What's the place where supreme chest spawn every time? I only know the gollum one so far
>>
>>127654874
Im playing a Pyro right now and i think going arcanist would be the perfect dual pistol fire strike build. But the utilily from the occultist is nice when you run solo. Flash freeze is nice for CC because of the fire resi debuff but curse is the better option because you dont have to stand in the middle of all that shit to debuff everything. Im really not very sure if i would got Occultist again or switch to Arcanist if i could. I played with the solider idea recently but i have to figure out how it would work with the demo and where the synergies are. War cry is an easy choice and maybe blitz and got for shield and pistol and all the other abilities that go with that. But Anyways you wont run into the problem when dropping an leggi with high physics requirements and you cant wear it because you lack physics.
>>
>>127656764
>Block
more like Reflect bäm you are ded.
>>
Does anyone have a Wildcaller's Cowl they don't mind parting with on Hardcore?
>>
>>127656638
Make the Quests, Play the game. Every Atherial Hero and Boss not low level gives rep for them.
Buy the paper when Honored.
>>
>>127657475
>hardcore

Sorry. Got two on my softcore character.
>>
>>127657387
>sky shards arcanist
>breezing through the game
>didnt even know reflect was a thing
>bam oneshot myself
>>
>>127656887
I think its random and mostly at the end of a boss fight. Also exalted chests are the good ones but they only spawn ones every playthrought.
>>
>>127657492
Okay but do you know any good spots where I can farm Aetherials besides the one in Blood Grove?
>>
>>127654328
Level 20 Occultist Shaman pet build. Boring as fuck.

Should I reroll or just uninstall.
>>
>>127657547
Top kek.
I play coop with a petmaster.
> see reflective.
> let the pets do the dirty work.
>>
>>127657664
Reroll.
>>
>>127657664
Ever thought about killing yourself?
>>
>>127657749
Every night.
>>
>>127657614
Fort Ikon is nice for Heros spawns.
The plains outside of Fort Ikon.
The Amory is also nice because you get the boss fight at the end and dynamite. I would go Armory 24/7 if i need to and the Death Vigil quest are already done.
>>
>>127657664
you could make a vitality damage build with storm/wendigo totem + sigil of consumption+solael's witchfire etc. etc.
build it tanky with a sword and board or kity with high spirit
>>
>>127657475
I have one, I'll trade with you when I return home.
>>
>>127657982
Are you the same guy I talked to yesterday?

If so, I've accepted your Steam invite.
>>
Oops, I posted in the wrong thread. Curse Of Frailty or Flashbang?
>>
>>127658247
Canister bomb with 3 points in the 100% stun.
>>
>in Anarchy
>boss teleports outside of locked area I'm in
Cool.
>>
>>127658247
Or Curse if you lack the points/level.
>>
Trading relic blueprints:

Rampage
Deathchill
Sacrifice
Juggernaut
Savage
Arbiter
Mistborn Talisman
Infermo

One for a blood of Cthon/tainted brain/Ancient heart
>>
>>127658045
I dunno, I've traded with 5 people so far in gdg. Pretty sure that wasn't about me.

steamcommunity.com/id/Nezzlorth
>>
>>127658291

Neat. Also is the molotov cocktail skill worth it?
>>
>>127658740
Ah no, it was somebody else.

Is it ok if I send you an invite?
>>
>>127658864
Wouldn't have posted my profile if it wasn't. Feel free to add me.

I am always up to trade items for sc/hc.
>>
>>127658756
I dont really know maybe if you dedicate yourself full in the Ulzuins Chosen and all skills in the Molotov but i think its too weak and doesn't do nearly enough dmg as the fire shot with decent pistols. Also the fly time is to long and most mobs will be in your Face before the Molotov lands.
>>
I noticed that it's much more fun to grind Bastion of Chaos on Veteran than playing the game again on Elite difficulty. More rewarding too.
>>
How rare is epic gear? should I keep it for another character?
>>
The game no longer pauses when alt-tabbed or with steam overlay opened.

RIP'd because of it.
>>
>>127659712
I have 9 mule characters just for epic gear. They are always useful,if not to you, than to someone else.

>>127659594
If I am not mistaken, legendary levels are capped to 50 on normal, so eventually you'll have to move on. I also couldn't stand that place. RED and CRIMSON everywhere.
>>
>>127659831

spacebar
>>
>>127659831
Sure you didn't host a multiplayer game by accident?
>>
File: RZZQq4N[4].gif (718 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
RZZQq4N[4].gif
718 KB, 500x282
>>127659967
Changed my hotkeys around. Spacebar is to stop moving.

>>127660091
See pic. No fucking idea why it's on multiplayer.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_00001.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_00001.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>(Lie)

Fuck you, game. I actually didn't read it, why the fuck do I need to lie?
>>
File: manticore eyes.jpg (50 KB, 1213x251) Image search: [Google]
manticore eyes.jpg
50 KB, 1213x251
What does he mean by cutoff? Does shit stop dropping after a certain level?

What sort of bullshit is this?
>>
>>127660515
When the enemy's level is highlighted by a blue or gray color, they do not drop monster materials anymore.
>>
>>127660515
Praise Ulzuin! The Scorpion cat eyes will be plentiful!

It means that when you out level a mob high enough then they wont drop their special craft mats.
>>
Are there any reliable ways of lowering enemy resistances outside of class skills?
>>
>>127660748
But can you actually lose access to any material if your level is high enough? Like some monster type can't be found at your level at all.
>>
>>127660759
Devotion skills, component skills, items skills and items stats.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (928 KB, 1888x627) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
928 KB, 1888x627
>>127659919
Yeah the only legendary set item I got from there was level 50. On the other hand last run gave me these epics. I just don't see the appeal of having to kite elite zombies and such on elite act 1 when I can just do this. Oh well, eventually I have to move on
>>
>>127660748
>>127660732

So I have absolutely no way of getting manticore eyes anymore? Is this fore real?
>>
>>127660932
No, nothing like that. They will also continue dropping items no matter their level. It only applies to monster materials like tainted brain matter and ancient hearts.
>>
>>127661093
When you out level them by 10 or more levels and when their name/level gets blue, yes you have to enter the next difficulty or you farm them with an other character.
>>
>>127661093
You can, you know, go to epic and/or legendary and fight them on the appropriate levels again.

>>127661074
Yeah, stay on veteran until at least level 60 imo.
>>
>just clear the entrance to the plains of strife
>2 russians join my game and we go kill the bonehunter
>another russian joins and they go straight for necropolis

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Right now I'm sitting in Fort Ikon and they're just killing crap in the Necropolis. I don't to skip the plains.
>>
>>127661415
Dont play with puppies.
Get some coop partners.
>>
>in Entropy
>slowly moseying along, doing okay for the most part
>Void Leech Hero with Unstoppable runs up out of nowhere
>*boop*
>dead
Welp fun while it lasted.
>>
So how does one open the locked gate in the Fort Ikon Prison? I'm assuming since the obvious "locked by Anasteria" bit, it's related to the quest that is "coming soon".
>>
Making a pistol fag, Demo/Arc, Demo/Sold, or Demo/Occ?
>>
>>127662160
Wow I was just about to ask this since I'm tempted to reroll into something tanky and ranged. Getting a little tired of my petfag and my Warlock (AAR) is iffy and tedious to play.

All three are fucking solid too. Wouldn't mind Demo/Occ for curse and chaos damage but, how can you even get much chaos damage?
>>
The description of Primal Strike implies that it works with a rifle, but it doesn't. Some kind of bug?
>>
>>127662160
>>127662308
See >>127656123 for some minor infos on Demo pistol feg.
>>
>tfw run out of room on all storage

Fug, time to make loot holders
>>
>>127662579
Yeah think I've made 5 mules. Good stuff. Max familiar and let it just wreck shit. Pick up a rifle if you see one, best weapon by far at level 1-5
>>
My god, x12 spawning is the greatest, suddenly farming isn't a chore
>>
Is it me or the game is piss easy on normal?
>>
>>127662856
>tfw don't want to run a trainer because I feel as if I'd run the slippery slope of cheating more and more and quickly ruining the game for me
>>
>>127661957

if you kill her, that door turns into a dungeon where can farm her for some downright shitty loot.
>>
>>127662893
Normal is easy mode.
Veteran is normal mode.
>>
Playing Saboteur and dumping all my points into vindictive flame and night's chill. Will putting a lot of points into physique significantly impact my damage output? Should I ideally be putting everything into spirit?
>>
>>127662897

I haven't slipped, and I don't really consider it cheating. I still have to fight all the enemies, it just saves me the trouble of having to reload as much
>>
>>127662856
Does 12x spawning also spawn 12x as many hero mobs?

Fighting 4 at a time is hard enough, I don't even want to think about fighting 48...
>>
>>127663428

It spawns heroes in clusters of like, 8

If you aren't significantly higher level then the enemies you're fighting, you'll get shreked
>>
>tfw have had more uniques drop from mobs than heroes/bosses
>>
>>127663582
>tfw fight more mobs than heroes/bosses
>>
Is there a list of things that let you dual-wield pistols? What does the stat look like on items?
>>
>>127662897
This, i have played abit with character copys to check out massive build changes on some chars. But the slippery slope is always a very dangerous thing.
>>
>>127664071
Volley?
2 Relics i know about.
One chest.
One Gaunlets.
One Belt.
>>
>>127664529
Character copies? How do you import other people's characters into steam? I'd like to try some. I won't keep them, but see if they're worth levelling up myself.
>>
>>127664718
the same way it worked in titans quest. Chars are saved local in your mygames/grimdawn/save folder. Just copy/pasta them .
>>
>>127664794
Is there a way to back-up your own characters? Is it supposed to be in "mygames/grimdawn/save/main ? There's only 1 character on there (my very first) and none other.
>>
>>127664992
shit.
In dont know for sure anon im at work now. Just look in the savedata folder for your chars and yes when you just copy and save your char folders somewhere else you can backup your stuff.
Maybe everything is in the steam cloud you shouldn't deactivate that until you finde your local saves of your chars .
>>
>>127663080
No. Especially if you intend to try out Elite. Survivability > Damage.
>>
>>127665174
I think I've found them. Is there a point in steam cloud outside of me losing all of my data?

Could I back-up all of my characters, turn off steam cloud and put them into the save folder? What about the stashes?
>>
two questions

am I the only one who finds Grim Dawn beautiful

and

Is there an overall guide to how I progress as a new player, should I just run through normal? etc etc etc
>>
>>127665638
Steam cloud could decide that your local stuff isnt up to date and delete everything or override your local save with old saves out of the cloud.

You could just copy your whole /mygames/Grimdawn folder and turn off steam cloud and check if everything stays. I backup my whole grim dawn folder daily since the empty transfer stash bug.
>>
>>127666041
The thing is all of my characters are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\83932987\219990\remote\save\main

How do I back up my stashes though as well? My /mygames/grimdawn only has my first character which is out-dated as well. I just want to make sure I don't fuck this up.
>>
Has anybody else tried an Aether Ray/Sigil of Consumption chaos/fire damage build?

My build is something like this right now
http://grimcalc.com/build/Yc8LOx

The damage seems to be lacking, kiting is difficult because of the slow start up of Aether Ray, and mobs just move out of Sigil of Consumption. Playing on Veteran.

Will this work as I put more points into it or is it fucked?
>>
>>127666040
I wachted gameplay of diablo 3 yesterday and the visual difference is just shocking. The clean and outlined comic look of diablo is a hard contrast to the realistic dark and dirty look of grim dawn. i personally pfeffere the visuals of grim dawn but i think the particle and visual effects of D3 are slightly better.

When you play alone just stick with normal so you dont run into problems that your build is to squishy and you die to often and dont have fun playing, the most frustrating thing for me is having a build idea that dies off when you realize you cant handel all the enemy alone on veteran.
>>
>>127666175
Oke i dont have this problem all my chars are saved under mygames...
When your char folders names are like _Imp you maybe can just backup these.
>>
>>127666535
Yeah they are _Name

Thing is I'd like to go off of steam cloud but where is my stash? How do you back up your stash? It's all good to send all of _Name from steam folder into mygames folder. What about stash?
>>
>>127666652
There should be a files names transfer and transfer.bac or something.
>>
What skill should i use for a 2h witchblade ?
>>
>>127666901
For some reason mygames has transfer.gst.bak but steam has transfer.gst (neither have both)

Feel as if I'm so close but this could fuck everything.
>>
Are opponents in depraved sanctuary always ~5 levels higher than you?
>>
>>127667072
.bak means backup, it's not a real extension.
>>
>>127667072
i cant tell what your game is doing there maybe ask a dev in the steam community they are pretty active there.
But just for the sake of it make copies of both when you want a local backup of them
>>
Has anyone tried PvP yet?

How awful is it?
>>
>>127667232

How awful do you imagine it to be? It's just as you imagined.

>>127667072
>>127664992

If steam is giving you trouble, before turning off steam clouds, on the network tab in the ingame menu, select download cloud saves.

It will overwrite whatever you have locally saved on your pc. Then you go and turn off steam cloud saving.

You could also follow this guide:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752
>>
Any idea for a 2h crit build ? Would like to try but dont know.
>>
File: fear-face.jpg (65 KB, 626x443) Image search: [Google]
fear-face.jpg
65 KB, 626x443
>>127667520
>It's just as you imagined.
>>
Okay, gamesavefag here. Should have just done >>127667520

Overwrites local with steam cloud (latest) characters. Fucking easier. I'll backup some more and report back. Also can you turn off steam cloud for just one game?
>>
>>127666332
You're spreading yourself too thin. I'd focus on one mastery at a time and on trying to cap one skill at a time as well, although going in for a quick Curse of Frailty isn't a bad idea. Maxing out Maiven's Sphere first is more important than Conversion as well.
I'd remove skills from Occultist and invest them into the Arcanist tree ASAP, especially the bird summon. It's not that good.
>>
>>127667852
yes
>>
Is there any possible idea worse than allowing characters to be stored locally?

It basically gives faggots a free pass for hacking, duping, restoring dead HC characters, etc.
>>
>>127667909
Thanks.

I'll move some points around. I like the bird line as a 1 point wonder because his heal and stun have come in handy so far.
>>
>>127667852

Yes, you also need to right click on grim dawn in your steam library, click on properties, updates, untick steam cloud synch.

>>127668074
So what? it's a single player game that allows you to do what ever you want. We will start seeing mods soon enough.
Would you prefer an always online system? Hadn't we suffered enough from that shit in D3 and PoE?
>>
>>127668000
Have to look into it shortly.

>>127668074
yeah I just wanted a more reliable back-up. I've had steam cloud fuck me over once or twice. Wouldn't mind downloading other characters to have a test of some things but I'd still reroll and make my own type of character.
>>
Do you reckon I should keep going through occultist for vile eruption and shit or grab my second class (arcanist) now?
>>
>>127668607
Arcanist.

Inner Focus is at level 1 mastery anyway, you can grab it right away and go back to Dreeg the next level if you want.
>>
Is putting a point into summon a good idea? I need something to shield me from arrows and bullets.
>>
All backup is all good. Deleted cloud data and my characters have been restored and is all good. Stash included.

Final question, how to import new characters to test? I've dumped the new character in the main folder with the other _Name characters. Verify integrity of cache?
>>
>>127668996
Can't imagine a single point summon protecting from much.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.23.10).png (4 KB, 432x106) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.23.10).png
4 KB, 432x106
>>127669102
All right I re-delete cloud data and all of the characters come back. However, the cloud data is still there despite it being turned off. There is still cloud data for GD in the steam folder.
>>
Every time I want to steal Rover's quest relic and every time I just can't do it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.31.10).png (15 KB, 667x212) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+03.31.10).png
15 KB, 667x212
>>127669294
So it's still getting shit from steam cloud. Hopped on a character, killed a few things and grabbed up some items. Hop out, delete steam cloud then import steam cloud and it's back to before (less XP and items)

Why is it still making a steam cloud folder even though it's ticked off? >>127669294
>>
>>127668074
Just like in titans quest. But when you do such things you will get bored of that game quickly so you just destroy your own fun with such means.
>>
>>127668607
Boi use blood of dreege its bretty gud heal and the second ability gives a huge acid dmg boost.

Also i would like to know if the eye is a useful aoe skill its seems that it does to little dmg to singel target and does not have a huge aoe dmg.
>>
File: harold.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
harold.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
>grinding to get revered status with Outcast and Rovers for chaos-aether and vitality resist augments
>>
>>127668074
Oh boy, I sure love always online games with singleplayer content. Didn't drop PoE and D3 because of it at all.
>>
>>127669832
Well seems as if I can backup/save, just in a very odd fashion. I'll need to save cloud data > delete cloud data > import (all in GD main menu)

How do you guys do it? Same way I presume.
>>
I'm about to re-make my pistol wizard in hardcore, give me some tips. When should I step down a bit and get my gear in check before continuing?
>>
>>127670253
The modifier that improve its damage and AoE adding a 4 sec. cooldown is pretty radical, deals decent damage to groups without letting you spam shit and drain your energy.
>>
File: d3.png (576 KB, 1082x733) Image search: [Google]
d3.png
576 KB, 1082x733
>>
How many weapons and abilities are there?
>>
>>127671216
Do you think you can go all the way with that skill?
>>
>>127670864
Both are piss easy to get. A few runs of SoT or Bastion of Chaos and you're there. You'll get great items and rep.

>>127671689

A lot.

>>127670914
I just never use Steam cloud and just remember to back up my date manually every few days. Cloud saving always fucks me up in most games, so I hate it with a passion.
>>
Can DOT like poison crit ?
>>
>>127672213
I honestly have no idea how it will play out on elite and ultimare, the skill from Mark of Dreeg is fucking asswrecking too, spawning missiles in all directions. I think that relying on DoT with a squishy character could get you fucked. If it's just acid damage maybe it isn't that great.
>>
File: dreeg.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
dreeg.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>127673190
>>
is a totem build viable
>>
>>127673971
Maybe
>>
Guys can you make me a nurgle champion build? I've been trying for the past hour but I haven't got a clue about lategame items and devotions
>>
>>127674171
You can change your skills and devotions almost for free, so don't be afraid to experiment.
>>
Where are the blueprints stored?
>>
>>127673971
Vitality damage only. So you need occultist.
>>
>>127674171
Nurgle champion?

Hm. Probably start with Soldier for a solid defensive sword and board setup. Nurgle is all about being able to survive literally anything. Choose a main attack, grab all the defensive passives (especially Shield Training) and go for Menhir's Bulwark in the long run. After that, probably Occultist for the poison/disease stuff. Blood of Dreeg/Armor of the Guardian is a must. Bloody Pox would be very thematically appropriate as well, so you can watch everything around you die a slow and painful death.
>>
>>127674886

I was thinking more two handed scythe, maybe some lifesteal and lots of acid/poison damage with some retalation, but I have no idea how to make it work
>>
>>127674171
Are you planning to be caster or poison tank?
You can (and should) stack poison damage from multipute skills as far as I know. Spamming one skill will just refresh its duration. So you need as much item skills as you can get.
>>
>>127675064
http://grimcalc.com/build/b4IiNe
It's shit but it's something.
>>
>>127673441
on char page 2 whats the dmg you get shown there for DEE? With fire strike i was at round about 5-6k at lvl 50 for comparison.
>>
Is life leech an entirely unique type of damage like bleeding, chaos and all the others? And does it actually deal damage by itself?
>>
>>127676849
1845 - 1932
>>
>>127677417
whats the dot dmg on poisen/acid ?
>>
>>127677515
781-858 acid
1058 poison
That with acid and poison modifiers being pretty much the same
>>
Does energy absorption absorb spell damage too or it's just glorified energy leech?
>>
>>127678820

I wonder myself
>>
>you will never stop getting FPS drops despite applying fixes
>>
AYY
>>
File: GD_charstats_28.jpg (187 KB, 951x424) Image search: [Google]
GD_charstats_28.jpg
187 KB, 951x424
hey guys someone know a way to improve my char?
>>
>>127679689
18% armorpiercing is this alrdy added in? and if you add some gear up item in barrelsmith it will possible outdmg your other weapon (not because the 30
>>
>>127679828
Just dump all in physique.

But you should probably post your build aswell
>>
>>127679967
What?
>>
>>127680551
(not because the 30% lesser element buff)
>>
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
>>
>get a decent Transcendent relic blueprint that fits my build
>need another relic that I can't make
Was only a matter of time before it happened to me. ;_;
>>
File: GD_charskills_28.jpg (363 KB, 1382x630) Image search: [Google]
GD_charskills_28.jpg
363 KB, 1382x630
>>127680147
damn the 8% xp will buff me up
>>
>loxmere nightmage

wew
>>
>>127680949
YES
ANUDDA SACRIFICE
>>
>>127680949
Don't they say "Death is just the beginning?"
>>
>>127681072

What's the name maybe I have it for trade >>127658735
>>
>>127681072
>Got the ancestor relic blueprint
>haven't haunt blueprint to craft it
Relic are the only truly retarded equipment pieces in this game, literally grinding and RNGesus.
Did anyone find mythical relics?
>>
>>127681095
i forgot the devotion tree but i dosnt skilled something there because i dont know what's good and it dont looks like it would be respec-able
>>
>>127681263
Nah. It's a Conflagration.
>>
>>127681341

You got the mats for Haunt? I can craft it for you for an ancient heart/tainted braind/blood of chton
>>
>>127681189
>DEATH IS ONLY A BEGINNING
>>
>>127681646
No I haven't founf the blueprint yet, that's the problem.
>>
>>127681706
He's saying he can make it for you if you have the mats and then give you the relic.
>>
>>127671216
The thing about the modifier is that it's SO EASY for the eye to not reach its target. At least if you can spam it, that's mitigated somewhat.
>>
What should I do?
http://grimcalc.com/build/kb2xKZ

I can't decide on 2H or dual wield and I have a hard time on choosing multiclass....
>>
>>127682524
skill pneumatic burst
>>
>>127682524
Max blades get pneumatic burst. Get rid of that melee/dual-wield shit OR get rid of the ranged blades. I'd personally get a point in the passives and RoS but most people skip them.
>>
Do you always 100% clear every single map you go through?
>>
>>127682784
Phantasmal blades gives me and incredible burst of damage every 3 seconds so nope. But might switch to guns since I just found one really powerful.
>>
>>127683069
Yes.
>>
>>127681368
SC or HC? I have it on my sc bank.
>>
>>127683069
Of course.

>>127683139
>taking ranged ability when melee
k bud
>switch to guns when you have melee skills
k bud
>ask for advice
>ignore it
k bud
>>
>>127683154
SC yes.
>>
>>127683139
there are no
>really powerful guns
>>
>>127683154
Was meant for >>127681341
>>
File: CHOMP.webm (3 MB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
CHOMP.webm
3 MB, 1024x600
>>127683398
Got my hopes up.
>>
>>127683291
Post game info, I'll join
>>
How often does the raven use it's heal?
>>
>>127683554
Goddammit I JUST began a Bastion of Chaos run. Give me, I don't know, 20 minutes? Or until I inevitably die, whichever.
>>
>Have Juggernaut relic that activates every time I'm crit
>I can't be crit

I didn't think this through
>>
>>127683139
You don't get it, the blades are ranged, if you just ditched the melee and went all into blades it would be worth it, but as a melee you're going to need defensive skills and as a ranged you're going to need overwhelming damage, going half-half is not really good.
>>
>>127683505
I have both, hard to keep track who is who on phone.
>>
>>127683731
Well shit let me try to get this place done ASAP.
>>
>>127683690
Take your time,, post info when you finish.
good luck
>>
>>127683917
Heh I fucked up and let myself get swarmed and raped. Oh well.

name: gdg
pass: longcat
>>
Which one was the best blacksmith to give the hammer to? Apprentice or master?
>>
>>127684240
old man adds physic buff or resis and thee jungster adds some magic buff or resi
>>
>>127684240
master adds small phys damage and phys resist to crafts.

apprentice adds small elemental damage and ele resist to crafts.
>>
Question: do "chance for X% damage" mods work with Storm Totem?

I have a couple of those mods that give chance of increase lightning damage, but given how big lightning damage's range tends to be, I'm not sure if they're working or not.

Also, the Tempest devotion proc skill, the one that activates off criticals, does that work with totems or wind devils? Have it on my wind devils now, but I don't know if it's working or if it's just the big thunderbolts you already get from maelstrom.
>>
>>127684058
Can't find it. I will start one, same name and password. You probably did a lan game.
>>
>>127684610
reckless tempest is kind of unique looking, these giant tree branch looking bolts come down every half second around you. it also puts a tiny buff icon on you when it happens.

I imagine it will proc with your totems and or wind devils but im not sure. i have mine linked to Savagery
>>
>>127684701
Ah shit you're right. Weird. Would auto-internet for me in the past. Will look for yours.
>>
for the love of dick how do I stop having a million different components taking all my stash/inventory space
>>
>>127684794
>I imagine it will proc with your totems and or wind devils

It does and it's absolutely beastly. I think the current record in DPS is done with this kind of build.
>>
>>127662856
what trainer are you using? As far as I'm aware the one from the cheatengine forums hasnt been updated yet
>>
>>127685090
Make a mule to carry all that shit.
>>
>>127684794
Maelstrom drops forked lightning bolts every second or so around the wind devils too, and I imagine the storm would be summoned at their location, not mine, given that my tsunami shoots from my totems, not me. This is why it's confusing.
>>
>>127685090
dont pick them up- easy solved
but to reply correct i would say make a stash in your chest and one in your backpack you got like 5 layers so one is only for mats
hit the "complete components" button ans hard as possible
>>
>>127684701
Not seeing yours either.
I went ahead and made one correctly this time.
>>
>>127685156
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/hhvzQ6CS06hZaTZQJd32Xr9iULUWURiJQOw8s5MTaE8tQH0qZk7ZX1bhtl98p3uf/file?dl=1
>>
>>127685136
Yeah, it's kind of hard to tell where all the damage is coming from on my build. I have wind devils, totems, and lightning storm from the squall relic.

Alls I know is when I see mobs, I press buttons, my screen fills with lightning, and a couple seconds later, everything is dead.
>>
>>127685442

>error 404
>>
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNDED
>>
So where do you farm Tainted Brain Matter when you're too high of a level?
>>
Has anyone made a melee Acid/Poison build with Nightblade + Occultist? I'm on the fence between this and doing another and more successful Gun Wizard. My last character focused on Physical / Chaos damage and hit a wall pretty hard.
>>
>>127686430
You go to the Chthonian rifts, you farm Chthonian blood and then you trade them for brain matter or hearts.
>>
>>127686186

Whoops, try this

j.mp/GDTH_v53c
>>
>>127686578
Is it 1:1?
>>
>>127687170
Yeah. Costs 10k iron bits iirc.
>>
>>127687382
Does Horrus spawn in the same place every time?
>>
File: hkieo.jpg (35 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
hkieo.jpg
35 KB, 320x278
>drops right after you leave
Shieeeeet
>>
Is Saboteur dual wield Melee good? Also what skills to get besides the dual wield tree and the fire strike tree?
>>
>>127687504
yup
>>
>>127687839
And that's close-ish to the Interior riftgate right? I really don't remember.
>>
Does higher difficulty yield better xp/drop rate?
>>
Ranged build are op like POE ?
>>
>>127688428
Melee overall is stronger and easier. Ranged usually requires some love early/mid game (esp spell casters are shit early) whereas melee is strong from level 1 all the way to 85. Far tankier and sustainable.

Generally, this is. Not saying non-melee is shit.
>>
>>127688428
>>127688564
I started with a sorcerer (ranged dual wield pistols) and later made a druid...melee is miles ahead in terms of dmg
>>
Are any of the following worth using for a Fire Strike pistol build?

Markovian's Advantage
Fighting Spirit
Zolhan's Technique
Counter-Strike

Assuming these work with pistols.
>>
>Just want to keep making characters to try out different builds rather than stick with one to end game
Every time
>>
>>127687920
he's kinda in between the first and last riftgates in the necropolis
>>
File: regen.jpg (23 KB, 312x122) Image search: [Google]
regen.jpg
23 KB, 312x122
BUT WHY
>>
File: gatsu.jpg (31 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
gatsu.jpg
31 KB, 400x417
best class combo for a Guts build?

Soldier+Demolitionist
or
Shaman+Soldier
>>
>>127689808
Soldier + Soldier
>>
>>127689808

Soldier occultist, get that chaos damage son
>>
File: GD_warp_shard.jpg (22 KB, 319x195) Image search: [Google]
GD_warp_shard.jpg
22 KB, 319x195
damn if i not use it i feel like i would need 10 pots more per minute
>>
File: wut.gif (1003 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
1003 KB, 250x251
>heroic bug swarm
>>
>>127689369
because the devs are retarded. Then they add in things to the game like Mogdrogens pact and pretend its an actual thing that people might use.

Compare that to the same passive buffs at the bottom row of either soldier or arcanist and you wonder if any thought went into the classes at all
>>
>in BoC
>4Hero lmao
>one keeps summoning adds
And that's the story of how I got my anus reamed again.
>>
File: Shaniqua_WAT.gif (785 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Shaniqua_WAT.gif
785 KB, 400x225
>>127690397
>mogdrogen's pact not useful

>11 points gives you an aura with +30% max health to yourself and allies along with some health and mana regen

>not useful
>>
So I just died to that serpent fuck down below the dungeons in devils crossing. I dont even know how I was watching my health, was around 75% and then I just died.
>>
Anyone has Reckoning blueprint?
>>
>>127689808
Soldier + Demo + http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Mistborn_Talisman_%28relic%29
>>
Guys if I have two skills that proc on default attacks and the sum of their proc chance goes beyond 100%, what happens?
>>
>tfw sitting on 6 defenders of devils crossings

I just want a hellmaw shotgun ;_;
>>
>>127690753
it will guarantee every default attack is instead either of the skills. with more frequency being given to the skill with the higher percentage.
>>
>>127690576
MOGDROGENS PACT not heart of the wild you fucking imbecile.

Maybe try reading once in a while?
>>
>>127691108
heart of the wild is part of mogdrogen's pact

you can't have it without it.

maybe you try not being a colossal retard
>>
>>127690594
Get poison resist
>>
>>127691260
You're telling me that the dev's necessarily had to create a useless bloat skill in order to provide us with the level 15 equivalent Shaman Military Conditioning?

Is that what your fucking telling me? Yes, sure Mogdrogens Pact isn't a useless filler skill and was totally necessary to be added to the game so that you could use 11 points on heart of the wild instead of 10

Good point anon, great logic
>>
>>127691432
it provides a second class alternative to getting a passive health boost besides soldier

since shaman also deals with pets, they intregraded it into an aura so it not only boosts your health, but that of your minions as well.

I understand this is difficult to grasp because your a horsecocksucker, but try for once in your life to not be a faggot.
>>
>>127691618

Why waste time with a retard?
>>
>>127691752
said your father to your mother on the day you were born.
>>
>>127691618
Mogdrogens Pact does not provide the benefit you are talking about. Heart of the Wild does this. What are you not getting you nignog? Its a useless bloat placed at the beginning of the good stuff. Literally would be better had the first skill in the line been HotW. How can you even be arguing this?

At 10 points MC gives 30% health and 10% physique

At 12 points MP gives 30 health regen, and 7 energy regen... ITs FUCKING USELESS

Why are you drawing attention to a skill that I am not even talking about
>>
>>127691432
>being this mad because some skill doesn't compliment your build
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 105

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.