[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spessmen on a Spess Station - /ss13g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102
File: station4.jpg (575 KB, 1020x874) Image search: [Google]
station4.jpg
575 KB, 1020x874
Truly Tiny Station Edition
Last time on /ss13g/
>a different kind of frog posting
>are bionics really worth that one million dollar investment?
>mancrowave: clean or meme?
>local botanist replaces 73% of bodily fluids with bong water, goes as well as expected
>why am I doing this guys I wanna go home

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://ss13.undo.it:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
http://ss13.pomf.se/forum/
http://ss13.pomf.se/index.php/bans
http://ss13.undo.it/logs/

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
http://ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

OP Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/wa9fnYbg
>>
remove vox
>>
embrace vox
>>
remove vox
>>
File: 0368ef5d33[1].png (5 KB, 255x127) Image search: [Google]
0368ef5d33[1].png
5 KB, 255x127
Updated mancrowave sprites
Let's get this shit in the game

Also
remove vox
>>
remove vox
>>
>>127631543
why? they're literally worthless, all you need is 1 sheet of metal and 2 tools to make a hot shower to warm people up
>>
>>127631775
Even better, you can just space people and it'll technically have the same effect in the end.
>>
>>127631775
I said this on the PR, but it's a technology issue rather than a practical one.
So, keep in mind, with Celt's changes, people will come out of cryo cold, and without help, they WILL get hypothermia.
What would you expect a futuristic medbay to do to deal with this?
Would you expect them to just throw them in a hot shower or, even worse, have them huddle around a campfire?
No, that's low tech, and doesn't fit with the setting.
What would make more sense is shoving them in a machine designed to bring the human body to proper temperature.
And, of course, this being SS13, why not make that machine modeled and named after a microwave?
>>
File: 2016-01-03_02-27-20.png (56 KB, 203x164) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_02-27-20.png
56 KB, 203x164
>>127632170
>What would you expect a futuristic medbay to do to deal with this?
cryo regulating their body temperature when ejecting them, which is LITERALLY WHAT IT DOES RIGHT NOW UNTIL CELT'S SHIT GETS MERGED
>>
>>127632170
How about just fucking scrap this stupid shit altogether that sounds real good to me
>>
>>127632415
No that makes too much sense and isn't convoluted enough
>>
>>127632415
>>127632454
Listen, I'm not the one coding it. Celt approached me to ask for a mancrowave sprite.
I've played a lot of medbay and I honestly don't know why people are so opposed to a machine that takes seconds to use and wakes the patient up, as opposed to having to shake them awake like it is now.
I like the idea but I'm also invested in it because I spent time making the sprites for it
>>
Some of you guys are alright, don't be in the thread tomorrow.
>>
>>127633341
they need to add in a frozen status for either A) being in an area with lethal freezing without protection B) Basilisk freeze. C) temp gun or other potential freezing devices.
Mancuwave can provide a safe way to thaw someone out and unlike a campfire wont only thaw out half of them first.

Or something.
>>
who /2yearclub/ here?
>>
>Be clown
>Go about playing basketball
>Outdunk some assistant
>Cargo tech wants to mmi himself and be put inside me
>After long journey and dicking around, somehow avoiding the murderers, we get to surgery
>After about 30 minutes I die from bleeding out, probably too many drill holes in my insides
>Get cloned as the shuttle arrives
well that was an adventure
>>
>>127633938
Sometime in May will be my 4th year in this shithole.
>>
Surgery was fun
>>
File: Happy black man.gif (1 MB, 164x154) Image search: [Google]
Happy black man.gif
1 MB, 164x154
>>127633968
>>127634164
>>
>>127633938
Let's see, when was Norodo the serber again? I started just when he left.
>>
>entirety of disposals piping follows an exceedingly long one-way circle that can easily be redirected at any point, has two practically vacant rooms near the end
>entirety of power grid comes out of one cable, purposefully sticks to one ramification at a time with no redundancy for maximum sabotage capabilities
>distribution loop has no filters, comes out of only one pipe that can easily be accessed, all of it interconnected
It was then that I realized Asimov bring flawed is fine.
The ENTIRE station is designed down to the core with hilarious incompetence and ease of sabotage in mind.
Essentially, allowing antagonization comes before logic.
>>
>>127634397
2012 i think
>>
>>127634827
Um duh

Where were you every time people brought up the fact that it's stupid the plasma miner is directly connected to distribution - all you have to do is open valves, no new pipes required at all? It's designed for action.
>>
Does Pomf ever play anymore?
>>
>>127635471
Yes, but always on an alternate ckey so no on knows it's him
>>
>>127635471
Apparently he does but under a different account so nobody knows it's him.
>>
>>127634827

can move the gas miners at any time.

To turn the station into death trap or a room
>>
>>127635152
It's not connected to distribution you parroting piece of shit, it's connected to the mix tank which is a perfectly valid reason. It also takes more than two valves, which shows me you're just parroting shit and haven't even done what you're describing yourself.
>>
>>127635859
Why would you ever do that? Why would you actually steal the thing that requires to be wrenched down and turned on to work, just to overpressurize a few rooms, when you could leave it where it is (conveniently piped to THE ENTIRE STATION) and use that instead?
>>
>>127635964
>WAAAH IT'S NOT CONNECTED TO DISTRO
>IT'S JUST CONNECTED TO MIX WHICH IS CONNECTED TO DISTRO

Also I said "open valves", you were the one who said "two", so nice job revealing that you're just parroting shit and didn't even read. I bet you literally just copy/pasted an old post and didn't even bother to go through and check out if it made sense in this situation - which it doesn't.
>>
>>127636645
Shut the fuck up nerd
>>
>>127636717
>You don't know what you're talking about! Parrot!
>Wait -- I don't know what I'M talking about -- so you're now a NERD!

Apex kek

What new reversals will your next post bring?
>>
>>127636851
Yeah, no, I feel pretty confident just telling you to shut the fuck up.
Go away.
>>
>>127636907
I get it. It's a dead thread, so you're hoping if this argument goes on back and forth for a really long time, people will skip it and won't read your embarrassing blunder post up above. So you get your wish, I'll stop replying - that way this no-reply thread will linger and it will be easier to see your fuck up for longer.

I don't know why you would care about getting dunked on an anonymous mandarin puppetshow board though, not like anyone can trace your abysmal fuckup back to your ckey.
>>
>>127637321
I am not hoping for shit. Telling you to fuck off is not part of some master plan centered about this one general like it was my life.
And that's a lie, every single fucking time you say you'll stop responding is a lie.
You know who you are.
I take it back, actually. The only thing I hope for is that you do us all a favor and sincerely fuck off already. You out of all people should know none of us know why you're still here .
>>
File: 1441643301252.gif (495 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
1441643301252.gif
495 KB, 250x375
Oh hey guys what's going on in this sector of spe-
>>
>>127632415
>>127633014

I guarantee you, this will make medbay easier. I've tested it myself, I play medbay a lot, and I find myself missing the ability to delegate out the shaking up process and the annoying coldness they have slowing them down . Cryo dumped people out at -12C body temperature. I'm afraid that's simply nowhere near a "regulated" body temperature - that's dead. Don't believe me? Screenshot this post. If it makes medbay more difficult, I will revert this change and make mancrowaves a situational machine only.
>>
File: 1357612971589.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1357612971589.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>HoP traitor
>Load up in the armory
>Kill target grab thing I need
>Go about killing people I dont like, put the grey mime under a shower for spraying a flower on me and "resisting arrest"
>Kill an officer so he does not question me, and fuck greys and their magic mind powers
>"HALP LING"
>Rush to medbay
>Theres a skrite there
>laser it to death
>Go find the two people who one of which is a suspected ling
>Kill them both horribly
>Toss a welding tanker on top then laser it to secure ling gibb
>Who cares if I killed the nonling, JUSTICE WAS SERVED
>call the shuttle due to lack of engineers who know SME, and because murderboning everyone is not my style, just the ones who look at me funny
>Kill a geneticst for eating my dog
>stun some nerd who breaks into shuttle cockpit
>Diona comes to his rescue
>evovles after I dunk it
>Stun again
>YOU CANT KILL A DIONA
>shoot 3 lasers at it
>Unkown seizes up and falls limp and lifeless
>Find zombie powder on that assistant
>Inject people with it
>greentext
that was fun
also
>Vote result: Metaclub with 2 votes!
>>
File: pigskin.gif (2 MB, 205x270) Image search: [Google]
pigskin.gif
2 MB, 205x270
Top ten juiced up waifus
And the top ten juiced up husbandos
GO
>>
>>127638150
Is that you Celt? Get online somewhere I have a question for you.
>>
>>127639435
That's some other guy but I am here hello
>>
So I don't actually play SS13 but I play a few other BYOND games, and was curious if you guys have any knowhow on how to bypass the fucking ads. They're absolutely ridiculous and i'm pretty sure they're starting to become more dangerous too.
>>
>>127639548
Get online YA NERD
>>
>>127639595
I'm on steam, can't get on byond. Could join the IRC though rizon.net #vgstation
>>
that wiz got fukt
>>
>>127640815
knocked him out and the first axe swing
>>
File: fukoff.jpg (194 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fukoff.jpg
194 KB, 800x800
>>127639057
1. not me
>>
>>127640815
Why don't people throw floor tiles at wizards?

FACT #1: Everyone is carrying a crowbar or can find one at a nearby O2 locker, because they know the dangers of firelocks

FACT #2: A floortile (available everywhere with a crowbar and also easily from metal) deals 15 damage when thrown

If you hit him just once -- just once -- that's a small chance of a bleed (basically instant win), and if not, you've done more than your part in defeating the wiz. If you hit him twice, he's a third of the way to destruction. The damage will make him move slower.

All you have to do is mob them with tiles and they're fucked.
>>
>tfw pew pewing shit, it's okay
>assistant runs up with a locker and hypo, uh oh cheese detected
>have to run around his cheap ass shield
>he runs up to me and hypos me
rip
>>
>>127641259
This is exactly what would happen if humans had to integrate with alien species in average life, we'd meme at them
>>
>>127641910
INFINITY CHEESE

REMOVE ALL POWERGAMERS

WIZARD ROUND LENGTH MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WHEN
>>
>>127632170
I like the idea of some kind of heating machine for people who are fresh out of cryo.

I don't like the idea of the "mancrowave". It seems way too silly and stupid for something that's going to become an integral part of medbay once hypothermia is finished. Just call it something like Heat Stabilizer or something.
>>
>>127632170
>>127642209
Call it a thermo-pod and have it look like a cryopod except red.
>>
>>127642209
Thermal Homeostasis Regulator (THR)
>>
>>127644048
Would it just inject Leporazine?
>>
>>127644089
I'm just pitching a name, Elim seems to be in charge of what it does
>>
>>127644048
Thermal Regulator seems nice enough whilst still being fairly short.
>>
>>127632170
I like the mancrowave, I want it in!
>>
>>127632170
I'd love the standart treatment procedure to involve more than stopping bleeding and cryo, I want the mancrowave, even if the name is changed to something more appropriate
>>
The ability to do surgery on someone in cryo when?

Being able to make a cryogenic surgical room that it super cold to prevent blood loss when?
>>
>>127644769
That would be pretty fucking cool, so never.
>>
>>127644769
There is already an incredibly easy way to prevent bloodloss.
>>
Game keeps crashing, how fix?
>>
DEFF HYPE
E
F
F

H
Y
P
E
>>
>>127645265
What is it?
>>
>>127645935
le olde activeX filtering
>>
Wouldn't it still be cold on a depressurizing station due to all the gas expanding and whisking away? When you use spraying cans of pressurized gasses they get cold, on a larger scale it would be the same, no?
>>
SCOTLAND
>>
>>127647032
Bandages you fucking mongoloid.
Literally one click.
>>
>scotland round
>doesn't end with scotland
>>
File: mw.png (852 KB, 815x815) Image search: [Google]
mw.png
852 KB, 815x815
>meteors on deff
wew
>>
>>127648365
>bandage
>internal bleeding
Oh wow you're fucking retarded
>>
>>127648390
>ai on scotland meteros
>>
File: abandon thread.gif (1 MB, 340x218) Image search: [Google]
abandon thread.gif
1 MB, 340x218
>that round
>>
>>127648441
To be fair your average medbay player doesnt know to use bandages on external bleeding
>>
>>127647951
in general, yes. this is an adiabatic process as temperature of leaving gas remains constant with that of 'source' gas as there is no time for heat exchange between these two bodies of gas to occur.
think PV=nRT. As pressure drops, left side of equation decreases as volume stays constant (station dimensions aren't changing). As for the right side, number of gas mols inside and out of the station is constant. R is the ideal gas constant, and T is temperature. So as T is the only variable in this case, it decreases for the equation to remain.
so yes, expanding gases cool down. Hence, if a room on the station depressurizes completely, you'd expect the temperature to drop to space-levels. However, you get heat stored on various surfaces (walls etc) which transfer to remaining molecules in space that just float around. I don't think this is included in spessmens. Due partially to SS13's atmos system and to realistic effects of gas flow (say you have a vent emitting breathable air at a suitable pressure far away from a breach in the same room) half the room may be fine while the other half is depressurized. The vent will work harder and spend more gas to make the room as livable as possible, but that depends on the location of the air alarm and what that senses.
>>
>>127648693
How much real science is in spess? I'm new
>>
>>127648772
i'm an undergrad physicist and as far as i can see, there is /some/. there's a lot of unrealistic BS like infinite-pressure pipes, but there are things like heat capacities (how much energy it takes to raise the temperature of a thingy by one Kelvin, obviously this is a function of its existing temperature, for large ranges heat capacity is not constant) which is why you use things like Nitrogen to cool the SME or Plasma in the TEG. As for the electricity side of things, there are a lot of inefficiencies introduced by the code, but in general it's pretty close to the real thing (although is looks like not many people understand what a Watt is, including some devs) and for the most part things work the way you'd expect them to work in real life.
Simulating things like gas flows in depressurization is tough in an engine like BYOND and so it does this through tiles. It kind of works, but the sheer processing power needed to do it realistically - especially on a tile-based game like spessmens - makes the current plan pretty good.
Lighting works very much the way you'd expect.
i have a real gripe about getting electrocuted by high-power wires, though. Power (Watts) is equal to resistance times current squared (P=V*I^2). When it comes to circuits, it's the current that actually kills you. Now, without knowing the resistance of wires in spessmens - if it's even part of the code - current would still be pretty high. However, no current would flow through you if you just grabbed one end of a high-current wire while the rest of you was perfectly insulated (still don't do this in real life, idiot). Insulated gloves shields your hands from the wire. If you were perfectly insulated - i.e, no circuit was ever created - you'd be fine. So if you wore insulated boots and held one end of a bare wire, you'd be okay. But if you then touched another end of an exposed wire and closed the circuit, then you go kaboom.
>>
>>127648772
More than you would think, Less than you would hope.
>>
>>127648772
>>127649363
Following on, it would make sense to open a wire in Engineering, connect it to a metal wall, and electrify the whole station with megaWatts of power. Anyone who touched a wall would die instantly. If the walls had a resistance, then they would heat up and probably melt with that much power. That could be some real fun. Wires with resistance can melt if too much power is passed through them, so in this sense, it's unrealistic as hell, unless the wires are somehow super low resistance. I think that when atmos had exploding pipes, that made a lot of people very upset (and it lagged the server hard) so we can't have melting wires for the same reason. Speaking of pipes, again, raising the pressure in atmos distro would immediately raise the pressure equally in, say, brig distro. This is also unrealistic, gases moving faster than Mach 0.3 begin to show non-negligible compressibility effects (leading to increased friction losses) and it would take much longer for the pressure to be reflected in brig.

All this being said, including this level of realism would go far over most people's heads, and for now, the system works fine as-is.
>>
>>127649685
>>127649363
>>127648693
>someone this smart
>is wasting his life playing an autistic 2d spessman game
>on an anime image board

fuck.
>>
>>127649831
>if you make science studies you can't have fun
>>
>>127649831
bruh it's the only game i play, and it's for maybe 30-60 minutes every couple of days. and it's a nicer community here than /sci/. cut me a break
>>
>>127649685

had fun with pipe bursting as antag atmos.

over load the wast loop with hot co2 and plasma and the station turn into death trap as all the pipes busted and killed/made holes in the floor on top of starting fires due to the plasma
>>
>>127649363
>>127649685
>>127648693
Thank you, that was interesting to read

I should learn atmos someday
>>
>>127649363
You must've missed out on some lectures about gas heat capacity: the SS13 representation of it is faulty to say the least, and the main difference is not in heat capacity being a function of temperature, but in heat capacity being completely different in different processes and not neccesarily different for different gasses: N2 and O2 are both molecules, which consist of two atoms, hence they have the same amount of degrees of freedom, which makes their heat capacities the same, assuming they are undergoing the same process, since the heat capacity for an isobaric process is not the same as one for an isohoric process and so on. SS13 just assigns the different gasses different static heat capacities, as if they were just different materials.
>>
>>127650343
you're right, i was switching between SS13-physics and realworld-physics a bit. it's been a while since i did any thermodynamics, all i remember is that for small ΔT, heat capacities can be seen constant and for large ΔT they can't be. completely forgot about degrees of freedom - the lecturer i had was this deranged swedish guy, so you'd be right i missed a few! i was trying to explain that part in a more SS13-physics relevant way, but yeah, your explanation provides better detail.
>>
>>127645265
having multiple open incisions causes massive bloodloss. Yes, even if you hemostat all the incisions. Yes, you can test this, I have.

Cryo surgery would be invaluable for large scale operations or emergency work
>>
>>127649363
>Now, without knowing the resistance of wires in spessmens
I don't know about the code but if I recall correctly the description for cable coil when examined claims that it is superconductive.
>>
>>127649831
>Smart
He's not smart. He's knowledgeable about his field of study. It's not really impressive. If you want to school for the same thing you'd know it too.
>>
File: 1436223965277.png (14 KB, 528x530) Image search: [Google]
1436223965277.png
14 KB, 528x530
>more esoteric, half-documented medical shit is on the way because of a snow mode that'll sit on github forever like the stupid steampunk cult
>>
>>127651109
Superconductivity (which is a feature of quantum physics, themoreyouknow.png) occurs in certain materials below a certain critical temperature to that material, typically <100 Kelvins. But hey its spessmens, NT probably has all sorts of crazy bullshit that superconducts at room temperature.

>>127651420
Th-thanks
>>
File: okay.jpg (49 KB, 567x304) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
49 KB, 567x304
>>127651420
>>
>>127651679
you smot
>>
File: thanks.jpg (35 KB, 905x345) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
35 KB, 905x345
>>127651767
>>
>>127651886
you loyal
>>
>>127651679
That doesn't really address his point in any way. You my friend, are an idiot.
>>
>>127651679
You're not very intelligent yourself because you fail to make the basic distinction between knowledge and intelligence.

A mildly mentally retarded man is forced by the government to do nothing but eat, sleep, and study Physics for thirty years with slight breaks in between the daily study sessions. After 30 years have passed, the man is compared with many people whose job has nothing to do with Physics. It turns out he knows more about Physics than the President, a random school teacher, an FBI agent, a famous philosopher, a famous actor, a 12 year old boy, a chemist, a doctor, a lawyer, a billionaire CEO. When asked about any other subject than Physics however, the man doesn't know much. Would you wager that the man is smarter than all of the above people? Or simply more knowledgeable in the subject of Physics?

In this case, who is this Anonymous poster? He's just some random retard who's studied Physics. It's only impressive if you yourself are an idiot. Wow! A guy who has a degree in physics knows some things about Physics (though it could be said he doesn't know much or he could be wrong about the things he's said, we're just not qualified to judge) that is just so smart!

Would you be impressed with the French student who could speak fluent French? Or the Computer Science student who could write a program? Of course not. Why then is Physics impressive? It would be more impressive if say, a Physics major could tell you all about Physics AND give expert level knowledge on things outside of his field, but even still we are dealing with knowledge.

Now perhaps if he excelled at his field, and discovered or utilized knowledge in an impeccable way, it would be a sign of intelligence. But no, this guy isn't smart.
>>
>>127652376
Spotted the butthurt dropout.
>>
>tfw want to run away from life and all it's issues and know that spess will always be here to help me dream my life away

Help
>>
>>127652475
>No arguments just insults
Another internet argument won.
>>
>>127652376
>studied
studies*. i said i was an undergrad. If you want more detail, i didn't do physics in high school, did plenty of maths, was let in to do a physics degree based on my understanding of highschool maths, and just finished my first semester, so i've been studying physics as something completely new to me for around 3 1/2 months now. like i said, i play spessmens for maybe a couple of hours total over the week. i'm study for minimum 20 hours a week. judge me if you want, i don't really care, but given your essay i'd say you're fairly upset. why are you so upset, anon?
>>
File: 1428567729643.png (179 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
1428567729643.png
179 KB, 500x395
>>127652613
>playing for anything other than fun
>playing a mary sue character instead of an interesting gimmicky one

I hope you're at least shouldering the blame for this and not whining about them ebil vidyers or da joos on /r9k/.
>>
>>127652801
>butthurt anon writes 5 paragraph to argue that some fag ain't smart
>huur le ad hominem
You're a riot
>>
>>127652376
There are some field of studies that require intellect to actually understand.

You can spout off random facts about physics, or any subject, for days. But the true test of intelligence comes from being able to come up with original solutions to problems in the field. You don't get that ability with simple knowledge, and you sure as shit won't get a degree if you can't solve problems.
>>
>>127652987
doesn't mary sue apply more to self inserts who can do fucking everything?

i'd figure the phrase special snowflake would apply better here, since it covers anyone who's character is 'unique' and 'out of the ordinary' and yet not powerful/smart enough to qualify as a mary sue

mary sues are all snoflakes, but not all snoflakes are sues
>>
>>127652849
I'm not upset, I'm just correcting an idiot. Maybe now he knows the difference between smart and knowledgeable and won't throw around words that are supposed to mean something dilly dally.

As for you, I was right. If you couldn't grasp such a basic point you're an idiot. Also refusing to speak properly. Yes it is 'studied'. Use your brain. Unless you've never been exposed to any formal education whatsoever, you've studied physics. This doesn't preclude you from continuing to study Physics, viz., He "studies" physics, but you seem to miss the main point.

There's nothing impressive about people who have been formally educated in something spitting out whatever it is they were educated about.

>>127653078
>Smartest man on Earth dignifies you with a post in a 4chan thread, to help you grow and be more knowledgable about important things, such as distinctions between two commonly used words
>Asshurt 4chan poster calls him dumb, and a drop out, knowing absolutely nothing about him ignoring everything he says.

Yeah okay buddy. Reject the fruit of knowledge. No Garden for you though either way.
>>
>>127653143
I was referring more to self inserty characters in general, or characters that act as wish fulfilment.
>>
>>127653143
Wouldn't half the station be mary sues then

I'm pretty sure most people on the serb know how to do every job by now
>>
>>127653535
god bless man
>>
>>127653409
You'd be surprised how few people know stuff about atmos and engineering in general. The people who know the most about engineering stuff tend to know way, way more than the regular crewmember. As in, you don't get people at intermediate stages of competence, you get the regular joe, and you get the mega autist.
>>
>>127653581
I've seen people work together on projects. One of them usually knows everything there is to do, and is only slowed down because he can't do everything at once.

The other doesn't know how to use a multitool.
>>
>>127653535
Thanks!
>>
>>127652987
What are you talking about? I just want to run away and be spessman. I don't know what I implied before
>>
>tfw no qt vox to call me smart when i explain to her physics
>>
>>127657426
>tfw no qt vox to take the helmet and nitrogen gear off of and stab in the gut multiple times, savoring their screaming and pained squawking as they beg for me to stop, then slowly start plucking her feathers off, pained screeches coming with the loss of each feather

don't judge me
>>
>>127657570
No.
>>
File: ss13_roid_lowFPS.webm (323 KB, 917x918) Image search: [Google]
ss13_roid_lowFPS.webm
323 KB, 917x918
Asteroid is perty at night
>>
MEANWHILE
>>
>malf, blue apc spotted
>borgs get blown and Plasma is unwrenched from distro
>some idiot took the pinpointer so everything after AI shunts is just a disimpowering B&E easter egg hunt
>absolutely nothing fucking happened otherwise, making the round extended but cut
Fuck this shitty ass gamemode so hard
>>
>>127658647
It's always night in SS13 though.
>>
>>127661094
the solars run off moon power?
>>
>>127661184
The sun has no real effect on the station is what I'm saying. Regardless of the Sun's position it's always dark on the outside.
It's essentially just a number the game looks at for solars.
>>
>>127661094
>>127661184
>day and night
>existing on a space station
>>
>>127661806
If you're orbiting a star there is some form of Day and Night on each side.
>>
>>127661882
>it takes a whole year for a day (whatever a day is deppending on the orbit.)
>>
>>127662030
Well then one side would be lit up, and the other dark, wouldn't it?
>>
>>127662114
It could be facing the sun and it's ass dark.
>>
File: snaaaaaaaake.png (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
snaaaaaaaake.png
314 KB, 1920x1080
Hello, my name is Nuklear, and yes, this will all end in tears.

First off, this is not finished.

Please criticize the fuck out of it, point out holes in the logic, make suggestions to better it, ways for it to incorporate the presence of, say, cultists, and how the escalation go from there once someone is found guilty.

Secondly, the goal of this is not to make an extensive and rigid document(it definitely needs and will be slimmed down considerably to just the basics). What it's basically for is having a clear process fora trial to take place and not take all the time in the world.
>>
>>127664256
Nah, I don't care
>>
>>127664256
trials get in the way of actual justice considering 9/10 arrests are open and shut
the only thing a lawyer can do is greytide the fuck out of a department by suing them for everything they have. not like any lawyer ever does that.
>>
Sorry Caleigh, I tried.
>>
File: 1451616619357.png (3 KB, 411x354) Image search: [Google]
1451616619357.png
3 KB, 411x354
Jesus that round was a shitshow.
>>
>extended
Can't tell who was worse.
>>
>>127665071
The fact that you tried so hard in the first place is good enough for me.

Also,
EXTENDED
X
T
E
N
D
E
D
>>
>>127638401
How about you feed them a chili or literally any other fucking way in the game to easily heat up a player.

Holy fuck the playerbase is retarded. We don't need more fucking redundant features because you are too retarded to learn about the ones we already have. This is Baytitude is exactly why their server is laggy as shit and we are headed down that path if we keep adding retarded shit like Celt's mancrowaves.
>>
File: manuel de potro.png (268 KB, 383x446) Image search: [Google]
manuel de potro.png
268 KB, 383x446
>the material cost of EVERYTHING that can only be made at the general fabricator is RANDOMLY GENERATED WHEN YOU SCAN IT
>you can literally scan something over and over until you get a version that doesn't use silver or gold
>the metal cost is picked with a random modifier FROM 3 TO 15
COMIC
WHY
FUCKING
WHY
>>
>>127666730

Comic was a one-man disaster to our code

He sounded like he knew what he was doing since he was constantly bitching at others for not using his datums, but he really wasn't. We're still fixing his shit
>>
>>127666305
>Coder being retarded
>>"Holy fuck the playerbase is retarded."
????
>>
File: are you real.jpg (7 KB, 144x141) Image search: [Google]
are you real.jpg
7 KB, 144x141
>>127666730
is this real
>>
>>127664256
I'm sure you meant to link something here but I'll throw my two cents in.

The process should be straight forward:
>Ciminal who is non-life threatening but in for perma/execution asks for lawyer (no piddly dindunuffing 3min brig time cases)
>If a lawyer is not present then normal space law applies, no court. Defending yourself shouldn't be allowed because then everyone will do it.
>If one is present, contact Captain or a Head to preside, cuff and legcuff prisoner and drag them over, along with evidence collected beforehand
>Defence and Crown/State each get one oppourtunity to present their case (the crown or state being HoS, Sec, IAA, or another head)
>if a witness is called, they have 1 minute to respond. Evidence admissible if they don't respond to summons in a timely manner to let the court know they are/aren't coming
>The final and only ruling should be by the Judge. Juries take too long to organize and will never be unanimous.

This should streamline things a bit more, but any sort of legal process is always going to take at least 3-4 people and a lot of organization, and if that can't be done in a timely manner (or at all due to lack of personnel) then I believe we should revert back to space law ruling regardless of whatever the prisoner wants.
>>
>>127666914
He made a list of bitflags.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>127667210
I always thought of Comic as a Goodcoderâ„¢, but the more I read of his blunders, the more it dawns on me that even I'm better than he was.
>>
>>127666305
>Holy fuck the playerbase is retarded. We don't need more fucking redundant features because you are too retarded to learn about the ones we already have.
See >>127632170
Also, SS13 is literally all about redundant features you big eejit you.
>>
>>127667084
Trials are stupid. They won't happen. EVER. You shouldn't WANT them to happen either. All the admins should be forced to set Head of Security on High and play it exclusively for a month. That would put an end to the stupid trial meme.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_14-13-26.png (28 KB, 870x219) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_14-13-26.png
28 KB, 870x219
>>127667346
I keep finding awful stuff.
I just can't put into words how stupid this is.
>>
>>127664256
Trials seem like a bad idea for executions.

Executions should be done asap after getting captains aproval, that fucking AI if it is still on asimov will crash the trial because of human harm, if it isn't a shitter.

That is the main problem with asimov, if you don't try to save people from validhunters you are a shitter (IE handcuffing the wizard as people start jamming screwdrivers into their eyes and doing nothing as sec borg), but if you griff sec you are a shitter. It is a double standard. Law one doesn't extend to dead humans so you should be able to just fucking murder the guy found covered in blood with an esword and ebow before he can even mutter over the radio 'AI HALP SEC KILLIN ME'
>>
>>127668641
>Mentioned to him something that would be actually necessary to port many things over to construction datums
>"Not currently, no."
>"It's infrastructure that might be worth adding at some point, but has no easy way to implement without a sub-datum of some kind."

I'm pretty sure that isn't even true, but it wouldn't matter because IT'S FUCKING NECESSARY
>>
>>127661184
MOON
PRISM
POWER
MAKE UP!
>>
>>127668559
>>127664256
>>127667084

And because I'm Sarca, I'd just like to point an absurdity in the trial system.

The only trials you'd ever want to do or for things like execution and being permabrigged, however, wrongfully executing or permabrigging people is ban worthy. So nobody ever permabrigs or executes people who they don't actually have evidence for. Almost every time the Captain or HoS wants to permabrig someone they deserve it. Every single time the HoS or Captain wants to execute someone they're a confirmed antag. The purpose of a trial is to give people a fair shot at defending themselves as if they were innocent, but the admins already offer this except they KNOW if someone is innocent or not.

This means that to have a trial is usually almost all of the time going to be inefficient and a waste of Security's resources.

>Person is guilty of executable crime and is found guilty
A huge waste of time, resources, and energy.
>Person is guilty of executable crime and is found not guilty by some stupid meme
They're set free and fuck the station and round up.
>Person is innocent of executable crime and is found not guilty
The only time the trial would make sense, but this rarely happens, and if the trial didn't exist they'd just admin help it.
>Person is innocent of executable crime and is guilty
The trial results would be invalid because the admins would have to step in once they admin helped it.

Don't you see? Trials are shit. MANDATORY TRIALS are the stupidest fucking thing on the planet.
>>
>>127661439

It's only dark because we have yet to port that really good lighting engine someone else is going to make and proof-test for us, to add sun lighting

It's been an idea for a long while to have the sun illuminate the station from the side it is on
>>
>>127669314
it's an RP thing, you wouldn't understand sarca, you are just a big stale meme.
>>
File: 1450992947001.jpg (1 MB, 1792x1412) Image search: [Google]
1450992947001.jpg
1 MB, 1792x1412
WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN GOD BLESS
>>
>>127669872
So get your money and rent a serb
>>
>>127669872
because pomf does not want loli on the server
>>
>>127669314
Have you ever considered not coming here anymore?
>>
>>127669314
>what is roleplaying guise
>>
>>127632170
hot shower you stupid fuck
>>
File: autist.jpg (69 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
69 KB, 1000x400
>>127669314
>>
>>127669923
But serbs are expensive and they smell bad
>>
>>127648693
no you faggot, the mols of gas inside the station is decreasing because gas is escaping to fucking space, otherwise you'd have to be increasing Volume as well
>>
>making people cold once taken from cryo
Well ok thats fine after all cryo is supposed to be cold any-
>make mancrowave to heat them from cryo
Excuse me what
>>
>>127673407
He's talking about Joule-Thomson effect, but you're right that it's not explained by the law of perfect gases.
>>
Idea

Large amounts of damage to a limb can damage sensory and motor nerves

Nerve damage can be fixed by surgery or a special late-game chem
>>
>>127674267
>hey you know how medbay is overwhelmed literally every round because of all of the annoying fucking status effects we keep adding?

>LET'S ADD MORE USELESS SHIT THAT NOBODY WILL EVER FUCKING FIX, MEANING YOU ARE FUCKED FOR THE ENTIRE ROUND

Fuck you, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>127674267
this adds nothing to the spessman experience
what we need is cocain
>>
>>127674428
Medbay is only overwhelmed because of idiots
>>
>>127649831
he's fucking retarded and doesn't understand how the ideal gas law nor electricity works
>>127674173
Is that the name of that effect? Neat.
Electrifying the station wouldn't do shit either, btw guys. You'd have to complete the circuit somehow; standing on a bare wire, even if it's carrying a shitton of juice, won't do jack shit to you.
>>127674267
SINRL (SS13 is not real life)
>>
File: normal.jpg (20 KB, 652x94) Image search: [Google]
normal.jpg
20 KB, 652x94
>this is completely normal on /vg/station
>>
>>127674428

>You know how Medbay is overwhelmed every round

Literally when
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+04.32.44).png (14 KB, 831x251) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+04.32.44).png
14 KB, 831x251
What went on here? I got on just as the round ended.
>>
>>127674556
>Now crew member must be harmed from now on

That's the kind of mistake that ends lives.
>>
>>127674556
i've made a fucking typo, borgs batoning but not killing

kek, hope you had fun
>>
File: 1424534734098.png (62 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1424534734098.png
62 KB, 250x238
>>127674556
>>127674629
>Now crew member
>>
>>127674643
We just had to harm them a little, what is the problem?
>>
>>127674643
>>127674684
The law is just telling the AI to harm all things that are not crewmembers.
Wiz never saw it coming.
>>
File: 1429485290413.jpg (21 KB, 313x235) Image search: [Google]
1429485290413.jpg
21 KB, 313x235
>be a shitter hop all round because traitor

now I have to hide until the heat goes down and people stop thinking I'm a bad hop, time to play another character
>>
>>127674615
I had multiple rounds where I was the only one in medbay as other people just kept looking for powers
Wasn't great
>>
>>127674487
Right, so raising the skill floor on Medbay is a good idea how?
>>127674556
FUCKING BRILLIANT
>>
>>127672252
That's medically speaking is a very bad idea and a way to make the condition worse. I don't know about gameplay wise though.
>>
>>127674751
>shitter hop all round because traitor
Wait because you were traitor or there was traitor
>>
>>127675003

>Hot showers/baths are medically speaking a very bad idea as far as hypothermia wrong

Unless it's searing hot, that's completely wrong, although baths fare much better than showers
>>
>Wanna join MedBay
>Know that the second I do it'll be the end of days and I'll have ghosts yelling at me because everyone's dead

Only just got it into my head science isn't for me, after flooding RD with shit like 5 times.
>>
>>127675123
I was one
>>
>>127675003
And bringing them to a FUCKING HUMAN MICROWAVE won't harm them how?
>>
Cant we all agree that 'mancrowave' is the stupidest pun ever uttered?
>>
>>127675214
Oh that's ok then, you are expected to be shitter when you play traitor hop.

Tip: give all access to yourself. ALWAYS
>>
File: do you feel like a hero.png (659 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
do you feel like a hero.png
659 KB, 1280x716
>Officer
>do officer things
>get vamp warning from paramedic
>search person
>nothing
>continue patrol
>some scientist teled everything into telesci
>they run and insult me, calling me a luddite
>brig them for 7 minutes, and give ID to HoP for demotion
>continue
>people think it's ling now
>hop is in interrogation
>detective there with me
>he questions the HoP, saying he did ling things
>hop denies it
>det falls over
>panic.jpg
>tell CE to help the detective
>hop still denying it, he's panicking
>have no fucking clue what to do
>det comes back
>we kill the HoP
>medbay calls us, AGAIN
>go to medbay
>borgs got valids
>die
>find out that the HoP was never a tator or a ling
>I've been played like a damn fiddle by the detective
>mfw I helped the detective kill an innocent person trying to save the rest of the crew
I'm so sorry HoP
>>
>>127675195
Just know how to clone people and don't touch chemistry unless you're randomnaming and you're golden.
>>
>>127675185
>>127675250
Just use a thermal blanketEven DS9 has those
>>
>>127675470
Yeah why not that instead of a FUCKING MICROWAVE that can burn you into a crisp if the doctor is either a retard or a traitor
>>
File: 2016-01-06_15-46-21.png (58 KB, 860x467) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_15-46-21.png
58 KB, 860x467
>Let's check if we should try to use up materials or not!
>Okay, I'm done checking all the materials now.
>Let's forget all of that and use all the materials anyways I'm sure the check wasn't important.
C
O
M
I
C
>>
Comic has an PR up by the way

https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/5000
>>
>>127676331
>jun 16, 2015

anon...
>>
Do you remember you first SS13 death ever? Did you walk out of an airlock?
>>
File: 1450495951166.png (231 KB, 589x398) Image search: [Google]
1450495951166.png
231 KB, 589x398
>>127675424
I was a traitor so dont worry

But I was sad
>>
>>127675250
>>127675470
>>127675887
These. Fuck the god damn microwave.
>>
>>127676527
Spawned as clown because the job looked simple
Captain dragged me and started shooting his laser gun at me while the HoS watched
>>
>>127676527
Yes

>Following the "Guide for New players" to a T, spawn in as assistant, put on internals, etc.
>Walk through the entirety of the map
>arrive at escape
>clown is slipping somebody
>Continue walking, and straight out the escape airlock because I couldn't see the space on the other side
>Stop playing for a month because, when I ahelp when I can be back in and talking about respawn, they say "Oh I coded it so it should be about 4 months to a new respawn"
>Don't come back for 4 months because I didn't know the game was round based

Woow
>>
>>127676598
>convinced by a traitor to kill another traitor
PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
>>
>>127676527
>spawn in as Assistant
>walk around a little
>have toolbox
>fiddling with buttons
>try to open toolbox by clicking on its actual presence on my character
>bash myself in the head
>think maybe I misclicked
>wind up critting myself
>never actually did anything that round

And I haven't done anything of note since.
>>
File: 6mw.jpg (112 KB, 888x491) Image search: [Google]
6mw.jpg
112 KB, 888x491
>only got up to 6mw before wizcuck died
>>
>>127676527
well I got dragged.
>>
>tried to draft someone to be a wizard hunter
>he rejected it
>>
>first wizard round
>staff of change
>hit borg
>borg asks nicely to be turned back
>God damn it
>turn her back
>get bullied by a monkey
>Teleport away
>die of blood loss

INTERESTING ROUNDS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THIS ANON
>>
>>127677350
I ASKED THAT YOU GO TO MEDBAY!
>>
Please fucking work. P.S. Fuck Mozilla fireshit.
>>
>>127676527
>spawn in mid-round
>ask if anyone needs assistance
>people clearly know i am new
>at least 3 different antag types instantly rushed down the hallway to jump me
>end up tied to a chair in maint begging for my life
>wizard removes all of my organs and brings them to life with his staff
>traitorling keeps scrambling my DNA
>vampire keeps spooking me with bats and trying to thrall me
>this entire time they are all dressed as stereotypical antags
>robes for wizman, vampire outfit on the vamp, syndie hardsuit on ling
>when i finally die they all laugh and collect my organs
>without changing clothes they go to medbay and sell them my organs
>everyone in deadchat laughing at me so i disconnect

And that's why i didn't try playing again for a few months.
>>
>>127677545
My photoshop isn't working

Man, FUCK MICROSOFT EXCEL!
>>
>>127678121
That sounds god damn amazing.

Don't really remember my first round, I didn't sign up as antag for months because scared. First round probably went like:
>Hey does anyone want any assistance?
>Friendly xenobiologist invites me down to his lab and teaches me the way
>Forget it all immediately
>The emergency shuttle has been called.webm
>'Oh well anon time to go to the shuttle'
>follow him out
>he murders me with a toolbox on the shuttle
>i dont understand
>>
>>127678121
Don't lie.
>>
>>127678817
It did happen but it was on /tg/
>>
CHECK THE HUB

HIPPIE IS KILL
>>
>>127679282

Oh boy, time for the shitler tide
>>
>>127679282
u wot
>>
>>127676527
It was actually several rounds before I died in Space Station 13, I was more hyper-observant back then.

I think the first time I died was my first shift as a miner. Too slow fumbling with my scanner to disable some gibtonite, got my shit pushed in and another miner bailed my ass out.
>>
>>127667931
>SS13 is all about the redundant features
NO. STOP THIS.

STOP MAKING UP NEW SHIT WHAT SS13 IS ABOUT.

IT'S FUCKING PARANOIA VIDEO GAME IN SPACE WITH WACKY ATMOSPHERICS.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS IRRELEVANT.

God damn I swear every week you people say something new:
>SS13 is about the antags!
>SS13 is about the RP!
>SS13 is about the Adminbus!
>SS13 is about the MoMMIs!
>SS13 is about Woody Got Wood!
>SS13 is about RnD!
>SS13 is about bomb making!
>SS13 is about slipping people!
>SS13 is about ERP!
>SS13 is about valids!
>SS13 is about Waifus!
>SS13 is about Redundant features!

FUCKING STOP IT ALREADY.

These are the absolute worst kind of features where they are designed with ONE SPECIFIC PURPOSE in mind to solve a problem that shouldn't even exist because a shitmin decided to start coding his winter rape fetish into the game.

Stop it with these fucking anti-emergent features designed to appeal to babby's first medbay.
>>
>>127667931
Fuck you retarded admin. Nobody gives a shit about your fetishes.
>>
>>127680215
>paranoia in space
6 pack of clones when?
>>
>>127680215
SS13 is about satisfying my autism!
>>
>>127680215
>SS13 is about the antags!
>SS13 is about Woody Got Wood!
>SS13 is about bomb making!
These are correct.

The rest are wrong and cancer.
>>
>>127680215
Nah, it's a 100-man CQC simulator. Your idea is stupid. Atmospherics aren't even that old and most servers don't even have the robust atmos that ours has.

So stop it. Your ideas about what SS13 is happen to be terrible.
>>
File: 1449439177224.gif (412 KB, 189x300) Image search: [Google]
1449439177224.gif
412 KB, 189x300
>>127679282
https://youtu.be/iNzYiLriH8Q
https://youtu.be/6NfRUpoUZaQ
It's time
>>
>>127680578
STATE YOUR ACCESS LEVEL, CREWMEMBER.

>>127680712
>Atmospherics aren't even that old
What the actual fuck am I reading?
>>
>>127680712
Wasn't the whole game built around atmos?
>>
>>127680801
>>127680808
If you can call what Exadv1 had "atmospherics" then I guess we had it from the start - but it wasn't anything like what we have now in any recognizable way, and no, the game was at that time built around finding the hidden guns built into walls and murdering people with them
>>
File: FRIEND COMPUTER.png (183 KB, 794x1123) Image search: [Google]
FRIEND COMPUTER.png
183 KB, 794x1123
>>127680578
When friend AI authorizes it.
>>
>>127676527
>Spawn as Assistant
>Following the newbie guide
>Accidentally toolbox a braindead assistant
>Thought it was fun
>Kill him
>Try and toolbox another assistant
>Scrubgloves me
>Stabs me to death with a spear
>Cuts my head off and runs away with it
>>
File: lawerewants.jpg (11 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
lawerewants.jpg
11 KB, 206x244
>>127676527
>first few rounds were just getting used to the interface and controls
>just playing on the most popular pub serbs paradise and yog as training before going on pomf station
>after assistant, try a few other newbie roles
>favorite so far is janitor. clean messes while observing the now typical station chaos. love the fuck out of the push cart we never use cuz it holds all my supplies. the pussy wagon just never gave me the same feels
>RPing as a space man is new and fun, the magical new player experience
>this one round, starts out pretty normal
>I clean messes, replace lights, make small talk etc
>greytide is strong ,lots of light griffing. mime wont stop drawing grafitti, just keep cleaning after him and shaking my fist angrily
>be chilling in medbay cleaning blood drops
>some IAA tells me he needs to see me in his office
>first time someone has RPed with me specifically, play along
>act innocent and follow him to his office, irl thinking im in big trouble for some raison
>get to his office, same spot but only one desk
>he closes the shutters while sitting me down across from his desk
>still freaking out , ask if iv done something, or am a witness to something like the mime shitter
>he keeps RPing with me, says im fine, its not about the mime
>suddenly, while I was typing more RP chit chat, he whips out a revolver
>shoots 5 boolits in my head, instantly wake up dead
>im utterly stunned irl. my trust in spacemen from then on has been deflowered
>he drags my body and hides it nearby in maint
>ghost around abit while freaking out in deadchat
>no one notices im missing, the IAA even left my janicart in his office in plain view(he opened shutters
>follow the detective around, hoping he can find me
>after about half an hour of him patrolling maint he finds my body, as well as 2 others
>I get cloned and immediately shout IIA TRAYTOR!, but no one gives a fuck becasue he was already caught and prosecuted
>>
>>127680950
Exadv1's system was far more advanced and realistic than ZAS and LINDA is a modified form of FEA.

You fucking mong.
>>
>>127681872
It definitively was not. It was pretty shit mate.
>>
>>127681990
Yes it was.

Tilebased > Zonebased.

Exadv1's system was limited by the fact that Byond is absolute shit and ill-equipped to deal with large-volume calcs because the retard coders have no idea how to implement GPU-based calculation.

This meant it had to run at extremely low ticks or otherwise the game would be nigh unplayable.
>>
File: 1450127118579.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1450127118579.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>Another round of AI stretching out the round for no reason and with only one person able to stop them
yaaaaay malf is so fuuuuun
>>
>Flashes a secborg on malf
>Immediately lags out for about ten seconds

Thanks
>>
Sillycons are rogue, and you can't get into the Big red Button in the RD's office.

How do you fight it?
>>
>>127682293
>wahhh i cant win
>>
>>127682229
LINDA is just an optimized version of FEA, and guess what? IT'S ALSO SO SLOW THAT IT'S COMPLETE SHIT.

That's why tilebased schemes will always be inferior to zone based ones.
>>
as goonstation put it best
"In theory, this is a game mode, but in actuality, this happens every round, so it's more or less redundant. "
>>
>>127682445
No, not really, with the entire section of silicons being security and there only being three Ion guns behind a bunch of locked doors with no sec or heads.
>>
>>127682426

Flashes, numbers, evasion and surgical strikes.

Haunt maint like a ghost, stay off camera if you can and cut everything electrical that you can see.

If you're a bad enough dude to rescue the captain, get a suit and deconstruct your way to the Ai's power system from behind.
>>
>>127682426
1) flash
2) extinguisher
>>
>>127682293
Deff is incredibly hard to defend as an AI. You only win if you can blitz everyone worth a damn and hold your capture points or you're assfucked.

>>127682532
>Move a rable
>smash 4 or 5 windows
>Get armory
Ahahahhaa
>>
>>127682638
Turrets in space nigga. Assuming that anyone even goes in through there, during any given milf half of the people that give a shit assault the UPLOAD.
>>
>>127682229
>tilebased vs zonebased

GUESS WHAT YOU FUCKING NIGGER

ZONES ARE MADE OF TILES. YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TILEBASED VS SLIGHTLY LARGER TILES BASED.
>>
You can either play Janitor for the rest of your life or HoS.

What do you choose?
>>
>>127682786
>not wanting single atom based atmospherics simulation

plebes
>>
File: 1436207062721.jpg (40 KB, 203x229) Image search: [Google]
1436207062721.jpg
40 KB, 203x229
>>127682786
>YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TILEBASED VS SLIGHTLY LARGER TILES BASED
This might have been true if zones were basically a 4x4 room of tiles but they aren't.
>>
>>127683114
Yes because squares are god given instruments to modeling how gases move. That's why when I release gas IRL it expands cubically.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>127683073
Janitor, definitely
I still have fun playing janitor occasionally and I've been playing well over a year
Only ever playing HoS sounds hellish
>>
File: 1447698943692.gif (2 MB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
1447698943692.gif
2 MB, 400x535
>>127683073
Janitor and just have a cozy round of fixing lights and cleaning the bar.
>>
>>127683292
>Going around screaming "IDIOT IDIOT" when you don't even understand how tile based atmospherics would be slow and laggy as fuck
>>
>>127683508
That's precisely what I'm saying you fucking idiot.
>>
>>127680215
>people trying to define SS13
It has no definition. That is up to the players and admins to decide.

You can treat it as Die Hard 2D, Trouble in Terrorist Town, a roguelike, Lord of the Flies the videogame, an atmospherics simulator, Garry's Mod, a Second Life knockoff, Sealab 2021 in space, a disturbingly gruesome and disheartening VN, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in Space, Pokemon in Space, Paranoia in Space, etc. You name it, it can be done, and has been done before. That is the beauty of spess.

SS13 is whatever you make of it, much like life. Everyone has their own definition and approach to spess/life, and everyone treats it differently. Take spess for what spess is. Sit back and enjoy the spectacle firsthand. Everyone has their different visions of what spess is and do their thing, and as a result, conflicts arise as someone's vision clashes with an other person's vision.

When you realize how perfect spess is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the stars.
>>
>>127683073
You can't git gud at janitor, because the moment you git gud is the moment you do un-janitor-like things.
If I'm devoting the rest of my life to a role I'd want to git gud at it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.