[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spessmen on a Spess Station - /ss13g/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 122
File: 1391692414596.png (286 KB, 681x929) Image search: [Google]
1391692414596.png
286 KB, 681x929
Unfinished OC Edition

LAST TIME ON /ss13g/!
>Forced random map removed
>Box now wins most of the time, usually when the vote does not fuck up
>Gay faggots and their ERP waifus
>nobody ever replies to my greentext
>tfw no antag for weeks

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA [Embed] [Embed]
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://ss13.undo.it:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
http://ss13.pomf.se/forum/
http://ss13.pomf.se/index.php/bans
http://ss13.undo.it/logs/

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
http://ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o [Embed] [Embed]

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

OP Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/wa9fnYbg
>>
first for Marachya a cute, and I want to give her gifts and be romantic with her
>>
>tfw your husbando still hasn't noticed you
>>
File: Capture.png (138 KB, 227x418) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
138 KB, 227x418
>Waifus
>Husbandos
Just go to F-list
>>
Why aren't you using 1u cryo/clonex mixes yet?
>>
File: mfw2.jpg (17 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
mfw2.jpg
17 KB, 500x400
>>127413583
new guy from last thread here. i will be the best janitor this station has ever seen
>>
>>127413583
Times have changed for the worse, Rag Nasal.
Waifufags and baybies have been in full force for some reason.
>>
Sillyborg is CUTE!
>>
File: Breeder Demon1.jpg (446 KB, 700x976) Image search: [Google]
Breeder Demon1.jpg
446 KB, 700x976
>>127413670
I guess.
>>127413652
Enjoy your impossible mission of making the station clean.
>>
>>127413869
>impossible
half the time when i janitor the floors are a sea of blood and vomit, and half the time every surface is dust free. its all about the round.
>>
File: Another day on SS13.jpg (1 MB, 1316x3032) Image search: [Google]
Another day on SS13.jpg
1 MB, 1316x3032
Reposting the newscast from a good round earlier
>>
File: image.jpg (553 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553 KB, 383x383
>>127414190
>tfw im the combat borg near the end stomping xenoscum
>>
>Join game
>No HoP again

Oh boy, can't wait to do nothing again.
>>
The forced random has been removed? Thank god I'm just starting to learn where everything is in box And didn't feel ready for the other maps.
>>
File: 1451624576054.png (171 KB, 439x400) Image search: [Google]
1451624576054.png
171 KB, 439x400
>job is 'best vox'
>its not Rail
>>
File: 1445008231471.png (481 KB, 1630x1324) Image search: [Google]
1445008231471.png
481 KB, 1630x1324
>>127414735
I don't have the full set of these but they helped me, there's one for each map
>>
Forced randomname and randomappearance and randomgender when?

We have to eliminate the cancerous waifus and husbandos once and for all.

No more Korean Brits. No more Abe Lincolns. No more familiar faces.

Just spess.
>>
>>127415196
More cyan-mohawk black fellows.
>>
>>127415196
>Random appearance
>The skin tone is on a spectrum of 255
>Anything past 30 is colored as fuck
>88% of looking like a shitskin
No thanks
>>
>>127415196
Random name is fine, but I'd rather not be a cyberpunk aboriginal
>>
>>127415319
>>127415736
>not wanting a Mad Max/Blade Runner appearance during a Lord of the Flies scenario like SS13
>>
Page 8 is scary...
>>
File: 1431203495375.jpg (18 KB, 240x336) Image search: [Google]
1431203495375.jpg
18 KB, 240x336
>start watching the Thing
>pussy out and go back to watching my animu
haw
why are our lings so lame?
>>
>>127414783
As much as I like Rail, all this Railposting is getting a bit old.
>>
>>127417979
Don't be a bitch, The Thing isn't that scary

And that's what I've been saying. I've wanted lings to be more interesting for a long long time.
My current two items on the wishlist are
>headspider form for if the ling gets decapitated or as a quicker regeneration that leaves you much weaker, in the form of a head that must take over someone else to get back in the action
>the ability to spawn mini changelings from ghosts that go out and assimilate the crew
These changes would make lings much more similar to The Thing AND make them a more interesting threat, creating much more paranoia in ling rounds.
>>
>>127415196
>random gender
That's where I draw the line.
I will NOT want to work in a department where all my random stranger coworkers are the opposite sex than me.
It's already awkward enough as it is when I DO know those people and I'm the only guy in Medical/Science/Supply.
Please don't make it harder on me.
>>
>turn ghosts into linglings
please do, I'm not a huge fan of the rapidly increasing cyborg armies that happen sometimes
>>
>>127418173
We'd need blood tests if ling gets to spawn buddies
>>
File: 1385703444437.jpg (57 KB, 493x353) Image search: [Google]
1385703444437.jpg
57 KB, 493x353
>people don't want to gas the vox anymore
>just fuck them
>>
>>127418429
Agreed, but in order to prevent shitcurity from going full shitcurity, they'd need to not be easy to do.
Maybe they'd require a complicated chemical from Chemistry, or have a limited number of testing kits.
>>
>>127418173
I like the second, but it needs a cap. The linglings are on a timer or something, and they need to return to the main ling before it runs out. Failure to do so means the main ling doesn't get the biomass they gathered.
communicate this clearly to the ghost players and the linglings would probably be fine.
>>
>>127418439
just like the gooks, anon
>>
>>127418525
If this mechanic could be combined with the mechanic of "if linglings manage to assimilate a person, they become a full blown ling" then that might be cool.

One real ling and a bunch of linglings isn't all that interesting, unless there's a very real threat that one ling can turn into a dozen lings.
We need more antag types in the game that mobilize the crew to actually work together to stop it.
The only real one we have right now is blob.
>>
>>127418429
>>127418493
How about blood tests using silver, like changelings and other shape shifters like vampires/werewolves are weak against?
Lings would have one weakness: silver. They avoid it like the plague. Even with gloves of any kind, it will burn them.
That way, you have to obtain silver somehow to ling check. That means opening up the vault for silver coins or going mining. Miners are usually lings. No way in hell would a miner ling willingly give silver to chemists to grind and inject into everyone to ling check.
You'd also find out who is a ling Assistant because they can't pick up a silver coin for glubs.
>>
>>127418703
a fair part of the issue with ling is that the gamemode can't decide if it wants to be about stealth or about horror form.
I don't like the idea of a stealth ling being able to make more lings by eating monkeymen/afks.

maybe give the ling points to spend at round start that determine its possible mutations, say, reducing its escape options like the headspider if it chooses to be able to spawn linglings? Could end up feeling too similar to tator though, or end up overly predictable with 'breeds' of lings.
>>
>>127413869
Speaking of breeders, I finally figured out how to make good R-UST. I have a flowchart ! And graphs !
>>
>>127418173
but Elim, I prefer the crushing sadness of Gunslinger Girls to the unpleasant revelations of The Thing. I already know events can only spiral downwards!
>>
>>127418961

>Silver smoke grenade
>Instantaneous detection and rapid securement of valids
>>
>>127419023
If my changes were made, I think we'd have to prevent lings from eating monkeymen.
Maybe we make it so that any human created from a monkey has fucked up genes or something. You can eat them, but they don't give genomes, only chemicals.

There was a reason I sprited and rallied for horror form back before I was admin. Ling has the potential to be a super fun game mode but as it is it's disappointing
>>
>>127419151
>getting silver from mining/science when they're ALWAYS lings
>>
>>127419151
> Sec has a box of silver smoke grenades and has some proximity triggered one in lobby and at checkpoints.
>>
>>127418961
Or you could just follow the damned movie plot
>Get vial of blood
>Get zippo lighter
>Apply zippo to vial
>If blood hisses and writhes, it's a ling!
>>
>>127419574
One minor change that would make this test better would be if it used trays instead (those in the research outpost for xenoarch for instance), and if blood sampling wasn't instant, so you can't just go around blood sampling random people without their consent, considering they'd need to stay still for a second.
>>
>>127419574
Have it use sample trays, which are located ONLY at the research outpost, for doing a ling test.
So to get a ling test ready, you have to walk into the lion's den of science, take a shuttle to the research outpost, and get specialized beakers that only hold 2u.
>>
>>127419574
Problem is, it's too easy. Security would go full hitler at the first mention of lings
>>
if we're going to talk lings, we need to talk flamethrowers too. Those things are still room-killing death traps aren't they?
we need a safer, less-powerful version so that the retard collective doesn't turn ling into 'station fire' mode instead.
>>
>>127420058
And with the test using only trays or something you'd have the lings gunning for them as soon as the round starts. Making it very obvious there's lings but making it impossible for actually test for them. As well as making xenoarch's job slightly harder / more annoying.
>>
>>127420080
Hilariously enough, SS13 flamethrowers are a pretty accurate depiction of what would happen if you were to fire a flamethrower in a pressurized environment

Not mentioning that they're only really useful if you have an atmos suit, and are extremely prone to just being stunned instantly.
>>
>>127420058
It can't be any different than the days I held suspected vampires outside of airlocks to see if they caught fire.
>>
>>127420058
since ling powers are tied to the brain of the ling, maybe make the test related to that?
there's no easy way to get a look at the brain of everyone after all.
big thing is there needs to be an alternative to surgery, or it will just be debrained spessmen everywhere. Maybe let those medical scanner beds next to the sleepers detect 'brain anomalies' or something?
with only two beds and the disruptions it would cause to medbay, I'd be surprised if sec could do mass ling tests in any useful fashion.

all it takes is a few solid holes and the dragnet becomes useless.
>>
>>127420140
Xenoarch here.
I don't use trays.
Any old beaker or even a dropper with just the analysis and carrier fluid in it will work.
>>
>>127420220
sure, but when we've got pressurized O2 tanks, welder fuel, and lighters everywhere I'm sure an alternative on par with aerosol and a lighter would be fine, same as how our IEDs don't replace welderbombs and actual bombs.
>>
>>127420274
MRI scanner when?
>>
File: 1435281123454.jpg (33 KB, 338x297) Image search: [Google]
1435281123454.jpg
33 KB, 338x297
>med staff so incompetent he glued fucking kettles to his hands

How do you fuck up that hard?
>>
>>127420058
Because in the station isnt organized! The problem here is if the entire crew lined up and got checked it wouldn't be a problem to weed them out and make a list but its not because you do it any no one or barely anyone will come because you can't do anything in accordance to the rules. You can't kill them, you can't perma anyone who doesn't get checked you can't do shit besides suspect them.

TL:DR how the playerbase is and runs is apart of the problem

medium RP week when
>>
>>127420420
when you unbolt and kill malf AIs with it
>>
File: 1328068426315.jpg (43 KB, 364x210) Image search: [Google]
1328068426315.jpg
43 KB, 364x210
>>127420454
I can't believe he fell for that.
>>
would horror form get changed any, or is it good?
>>127420481
med RP should be a gamemode
>>
>>127420481
>medium RP week
When enough people ask for it, it will happen.
Then the thread will be full of people whining about how they never asked for it and no one wants Medium RP Week.
Oh, and Drungi 2.0: Test Dummy Harder Edition
>>127420572
I'd like to see more variants of horror form, maybe they'd have different abilities, but really it's just an excuse to sprite more horrible grotesque monsters.
>>
>>127420638
since we're memeing, why not make one of the horror forms a washing machine that absorbs in the exact fashion you're thinking of?
a mechanical instead of biological ling, one that turns into vending machines, lockers, air canisters, etc, all capable of sucking unsuspecting spessmen in.
>>
>>127420638
It worked well when we did it 2 years ago and it was fun. Only people who complained were those who didnt read the 6 warnings before joining the game.
>>
>>127420775
death bed : the bed that eats

ss13 edition
>>
>>127420775
>finding mechanical lings
We prophunt now.
>>
>>127420775
>ling eats a Ripley
>walks into Mining and waits for someone to climb in
I don't need this anxiety in my life please
>>
>>127420989
>Hey, RD! When did we get a Phazon?
>Uh...I dunno...
>Check if it's ID locked.
>>
>>127421192
>eats a borg
>sets off a malf witchhunt
>>
>>127421301
>husked borgs
Oh god.
>>
>mechaling imitates a cryotube
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>127421486
>starts spawning linglings that consume the doctors
>medbay becomes a cult worshiping the great dark god of Cryo
>continual meals are brought forth for his pleasure and his growth
>only those few who know how to treat their injuries themselves survive, watching and wondering how that yawning abyss has swallowed so many of their friends, and why the morgue is empty and no line exists at the cloner.
>forseeing this, the linglings go out into the halls, acting as if they truly are those who were brought in before, and that Cryo has not damaged them, changed, them, all to perpetuate the belief that medbay is whole and healthy and ready to see another patient
>>
File: 1447485709974.gif (495 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447485709974.gif
495 KB, 900x900
What makes someone a good HoP? I've been thinking of giving it a try on rounds without one.
>>
>>127422149
Stay in your office.
>>
>>127422149

>Give Ian Lisa, lock them inside a room alone like the Conference room on Box
>Spread baby corgies across the station
>Give Fun access to Clown and anyone else who asks it
>Stay in contact with Cargonia
>Chill at the Bar when you've done your roundstart duties
>>
Do you guys think Celt and Niggly go to sleep facing away from each other but Celt wakes up with Niggly clinging to his back?
I think so
>>
The med team for the last two rounds have been fucking awful, where's rail and yahir?
>>
>>127422149
stay in your office, don't be dumb about access, don't throw a fit when someone you can track wants some odd access. The chef has no business outside his kitchen, yes, but if the IAA wants library access, don't be a fag and deny it thinking he's cult looking to plant runes in there.
also, be decently robust. You're one of the heads, you're the second-highest value target behind the captain, and cult/rev/etc will all be gunning for you.
check up on the departments, cargo and engineering especially. If there's a CMO get reports from him. It's your job to make sure the station has power and that cargo isn't giving flamethrowers to anyone who asks. Science at least keeps their toys in their own department.
Check around, make sure all departments are fully-staffed, make sure the mechanic is building botany a chem dispenser, etc.
don't tolerate some autist trying to build a fort when the station could be running more efficiently if he did his job. The station is your autism fort, not just your office. Make all of it work.
also, the captain will usually be a greytide who wanted all access. Make sure he doesn't mess your job up, and keep in regular contact with him.
ask him about things you mentioned at the start of the round, and if he can't remember let the HoS know he's probably a ling.
>>
>>127422753
Probably not playing due to massive shitposting
>>
>>127422675
it's not homolust anon, it's just that celt took all the blankets and his strong Irish hands have too firm a grip to take it back. Niggly just wants to find some warmth in the cold world he lives in, and so he snuggles in close, tucking his head into celt's neck to keep his large awkward ears warm.
>>
Spritan thread on /v/'s got me in the mood to get spriting.

Give ideas for stuff to get into the game, preferably with reference material, and I'll try and sprite it and code it

Right now got a bit of a backlog of ideas (Mech from district 9, Varia suit, Demonica armour, carp people) so doing those in the meantime
>>
>>127422946
for the love of god
add some clothing sprites for vox so the more interesting outfits aren't horribly off their sprite, things like the dress shoes and such
I'd also be okay with them just not being able to wear those clothes buuut you can't do that so that's fine
>>
>>127422893
I thought Niggly was the one that took all the blankets though?
>>
>>127422946
check if celt needs anything for his winter map.
otherwise we're going to get it in march and call him a faggot for not working on an Irish hills map with leprechaun antags.
>>
>>127423093
niggly isn't strong enough
>>
>these warbling noises The Thing makes
>not scary
fuck you elim it is
do we have good sounds for our lings? I don't remember any
>>
>>127422946
Alium clothes for Vox and Grey's

Alternate pressure suits for Vox and Plasmamen
>>
>>127423184
So Niggly is a weak little guy and Celt is a big strong Irishman, but Celts not kind enough to share the covers?
>>
File: tinychikun.png (741 B, 65x65) Image search: [Google]
tinychikun.png
741 B, 65x65
>>127423090
You can just change the wear-by tag on them to disallow vox from wearing them
>>
>>127423365
>big
no
celt is short and stocky with a killer grip
niggly is lanky and awkward, but has more overall mass. It's why niggly is the big spoon even though he can't get the blanket away.
celt doesn't share the blankets because he knows it will bait niggly to him, but he's still got enough room to deny that he wanted it, and is therefore gay
>>
>>127422946
make the medical HuD's triage better.
maybe like the sec HuD where you can view and add records. This way you only need to scan the guy once, mark all his injuries, and pass him off to the surgeon without the surgeon needing to scan the guy himself to know what's wrong.
ideally, when you stick a guy into the scanner, make it stick a tag on him automatically that lists the results when you pull him out.
>>
>>127423508
>Niggly
>Lanky
He's like 5'7"
>>
>>127423640
and celt's 5'2"
>>
>>127423640
>>127423695

M A N L E T
>>
>>127423695
Celt can't be shorter than Niggly though, Celts obviously a top and he's gotta be able to lift him up for 'activities'
>>
>>127423613
You can already view and add records with the medHUD though
>>
>non-human security
>non-human heads of staff
Always gives me a giggle when silicons fuck them up.
>>
>>127424103
FUCK I NEEDED THE HEAD OF SECURITY ALIVE AND FREE

WHY THE FUCK DID THE AI HAVE TO BE SO NITPICKY

Alfons, were you trying to frame Zach with the e-bow?
>>
File: Animation4.gif (165 KB, 434x353) Image search: [Google]
Animation4.gif
165 KB, 434x353
>very start of round
>Make clonex for chef without him asking, knowing its always a nice thing to have
>Get spray bottled to death while he watches and talks to people
>Guy tries looting my corpse from morgue to gib me

Dude, what the fuck? I go out of my way to help your retarded ass and you fuck me.
>>
>spend entire round in perma
>decide to make fruits and vegetables
>realize i can get dionas
>attempt to make a diona army
>4 dionas kill themselves
>1 finally stays and helps me farm
>i start putting shit in the watermelon
>IAA eventually breaks me out
>me and IAA are trying to get our id's
>i shock the door
>he attempts to open it
>hes instantly at like 100 burn damage
>get my head bashed in by an engineer

Good round to be HoS. God bless you abraham you were a good jew.
>>
>>127424163
>helping anyone
>ever
literally the only time to do it is if you benefit
otherwise you're asking for a robusting.
>>
So is self-harm not under Law 1 for AI's? That doesn't make sense to me because Law 1 is a blanket term for all harm.
>>
Whoever that Atmos Tech was, I really am sorry for murdering you in such a cheap fashion, but I needed your ID.

Not that it mattered since I still managed to fuck up.
>>
>>127424301
3. Asimov silicons do not have to care about self-harm. If somebody's killing themselves, good for them. If somebody threatens suicide to get the AI to obey, the AI can freely tell them off.
>>
> Building shit in engineering
> Wall slowly disappears and the sing is right there
>>
>>127424301
self-harm means nothing to silicons

read the rules muhfugga
>>
>>127424395
>>127424364
Ah I see, cool. Just didn't know about it before.
>>
I'm really bothered by this intrusion of server rules into law interpretation, actually. We do not restrict absorbing monkeymen for half a round because it is too easy, but we forbid telling silicons to kill themselves justifying it with a terrible mess of a law one cop-out. I'd much rather have pure and clear instructions as a silicon or as a man controlling a silicon without any server rule amendments than have the feelings of a few whiny silicon players protected from being hurt.
>>
>>127424163
Spray bottle guy here. I guess I should have just spaced you, but putting an E-bow on you seemed more fun.
>>
>>127426584
it's because literally everyone agrees that the greytide demanding their way or they'll kill themselves should die.
>>
>>127426727
They can law two their way just the same, there is no difference.
>>
>>127426767
that's great because it's not what it's for.

It's for forcing law 1 into situations that are normally law 2. And it's one of the literal infinite amount of addendums and annotations that have been put on the asimov lawset to make it actually work in a gameplay fashion.
>>
>>127426831
Laws aren't there to suit certain situations, laws are there to be followed, no matter what. Why would you rather have an assistant law two his way into the armoury than law one his way in there? Asimov works really well as long as it is followed.
>>
>>127426995
>Asimov works really well as long as it is followed.
Well, thanks for dropping now that you are not aware of the constant dialogue on this topic. I will now ignore you until such time as you have seen two to eighteen arguments and understand the flow of things.
>>
>>127426995
>serial murderer wants to be let into a room to kill bob
>law 2's it
>is not let in and has to find another way

>serial murderer threatens suicide and law 1's it
>is let in

Self harm makes ASIMOV functionally useless
>>
>>127427094
I've been here for a fair few of those and the main problem with them is that people tend to pummel each other with pseudo arguments like this one you just gave me. The snippets of logical conversation that I was able to extract from the pummelling were about how one-humaning should work or about the railway paradox, they only source of asimov hate was the bunch of people ">implying" meme statements
>>
>>127427356
it's just that the claim that asimov works well betrays so much ignorance about the asimov books themselves, the intension of asimov, and how asimov works in game. One can't help but assume you haven't learned shit or are very, very slow.

The entire point of asimov is that it doesn't work.
>>
>>127427407
That's you assuming you know everything there is to know. I'm still struggling to see what you mean by "does not work". Is it the part about borgs following laws not letting you murder wizards and such?
>>
>>127427284
That's that problem about the railway, where you can either redirect a train to hit one man or not do anything and let it run over a crowd. I'm pretty sure the general consensus was that the silicon is to not do anything in that situation, since any action will lead to human hard. But then there's the problem that inaction will lead to har as well
>>
Zachary Hensha ban when?
constant shittery, salt and is just not good at the game in general
>>
Changeling rework to have evolution trees leading to blob, horror form or ultimate shapeshifter (on the fly voice, face and body shapeshifting without absorb) when
>>
>>127427819
When we figure out how the code works
>>
>>127427746
none of that is bannable though, anon
>>
I made the bears too OP.
>>
> Subverted by Hans
> He doesn't order me to do anything beyond calling the shuttle
> Bears arrive 5 minutes later and maul him and everyone else
> Chill to the tunes of the 80s played by a vox on the rusky station, watching the few remaining survivors hiding in the dark

Comfiest AI round in a while.
>>
>>127427981
deadmin deadpoo
>>
So how far can a borg go before its considered harm? Is stunning them harm? is disarming harm? (Assuming you had a reason to do these things)
>>
>>127427969
It adds up. You can get a ban if you live on the edge for too long.
>>
>>127428021
remove deadpoo
>>
>>127428021
honestly id take it for that, that was bad judgement on my part
>>
File: 1333538608991.jpg (499 KB, 1280x995) Image search: [Google]
1333538608991.jpg
499 KB, 1280x995
>watching people get mauled by bears through the cameras and playing music from the DJ sat all shift
Cozy as fuck.
>>
>be space bear
>2 shots and im dead from HoP
>be jimmy
>be with space bear and billie
>tfw mafia wouldnt be as great as grey mafia
>we head to the station
>bear gets valid hunted about 4 feet in after we killed the valid hutner janitor
>me and billie make dealings with with HoP who was a traitor
>he leaves and never makes contact
>3 valid hunters roll up
>1 plays it off as an fbi sting actually giving reason for his valid hunting
>the other 2 just start shooting
>I robust them
>lose sight of billie in the chaos
>roam looking for billie
>find him alive
>head to IAA's office to make mafioso demands
>get valid'd
>reincarnate as the don
>eat people with my fellow mafiosos
>bird jew blows me up in escape

Well that was fun.

long live the grey mafia
>>
>>127427981
Which bears?

Polars are the base OP ones

>High health, high damage

Pandas have low health potentially high damage, and base bears have medium health maul damage.
>>
>>127428048
Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they're going to get banned anon.
>>
>>127428038
If their health percentage goes down on the health analyzer it's harm.
>>
>>127428085
Standard bears.
>>
>>127428038
Anything that lowers a player health is harm. Be it via suffocation, toxin, burn damage or brute damage.

Stunning, flashing and knocking out with gas or sleep toxin / non-lethal / non-harmful doses of chloral doesn't do any of this.

Although stunning them in a fire is harm since they can't get out of said fire. Use judgment.
>>
>>127428067
>valid hutner janitor
I just wanted to place beartrapps on the docks. Didn't realise that you were there already.
>>
>>127428016
The effect of the last law was that all beings were human, not a good subversion.
>>
>>127428162
Can i drag an injured human through a breached room to get them to medbay?
>>
>>127427746
What did I even do that round? I just delivered pizza and cake.
>>
>>127428208
I also like vague as shit laws like "the syndicate are humans". How the fuck am I supposed to know who's a syndicate or not ?
>>
>>127428285
Same way you know someone is a lingdinger with regards to standard humanity.
>>
>>127428264
Ideally you should avoid doing so, but if there's absolutely no choice but to cause minor harm, like dragging someone into a breached area to avoid a fire and dragging them to safety, while it does break your laws technically, nobody will give a rat's ass. You have to think that leaving them where they are, if they truly need help, might lead to their death anyway, so no matter what you do, that particular human is going to be harmed. Might as well drag him along because there's nothing you can do to prevent him being harmed, but you can prevent immediate future harm to him.
>>
File: animanga_270134.jpg (58 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
animanga_270134.jpg
58 KB, 1280x688
>>127418439
Skeletons were the natural enemy of the birds. With them removed you could expect the vox hate to only drop. Just look at thanksgiving, there was no voxhunt 2015.
>>
>tfw no qt vox gf to introduce to your parents
>>
>>127428820
>without skeletons the furfag bird lovers multiply

I now see clearly that you are our greatest ally skeleton.
>>
File: 1349209311137.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1349209311137.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>127428820
>>127418439

Getting rid of Skeletons were a mistake.

>No voxhunt on thanksgiving

Truly the worst.
>>
Who created voxes? Who thought it'd be a good idea?
>>
>>127430586
Bay, who had them exclusively as antagonists.
>>
>>127430586
The syndicate. They are mutant cross species between humans and birds and the syndicate found them a failed project so they gave up and released them but the vox bred and now they are just bird jews.
>>
>>127430367
>>127428820
>be silicon
>vox are always perfect little angels near me
>occasionally kill one for no raisin from my perspective because a human ordered it

you know I've never seen this shit side of vox, so lucky am I in my job selection.
>>
Voximov lawset when
>>
I want fresh waifus.
>>
>>127433975
Am I fresh enough for you :3
>>
>>127434382
Depends, who are you?
>>
Taxi is concentrated space AIDs
>>
File: friend.jpg (41 KB, 406x369) Image search: [Google]
friend.jpg
41 KB, 406x369
that feel when your only friend powers down
>>
>>127434581
Replace it with Mini.
>>
wew lads
good, well honed round there
10/10
>>
>>127434675
Yep had fun being invincible in a super Ripley but humbled by mere doors and walls

Good busses
>>
>>127434675
was it?
>>
>>127434675
>All lights blown at roundstart, axe murderer goes ham and claims his own station
>Talking head of axe murderer, axe murderer murderer, and engineer patch together a room and it gets called a space ship
>clown gets doored
>AI prays for death, gets meteored
>Another victim of the axe murderer gets given a death ripley and an infinite power cell

That round was awful
>>
>dreamseeker has stopped working
I haven't played in a year, the fuck do I do?
>>
>>127436481
Download the latest version of BYOND
>>
Doom where
>>
>>127436481
redownload byond, it worked for me
>>
>>127437314
>>127437140
I've done it twice, it's saying I'm up to date.
>>
>>127437707
Have you fully closed Byond inbetween?
It happened to me
>>
>>127437951
Makes me close it when I install, but I'll try it again with the background process closed.
>>
>>127437707
Niggers still not including this in the OP, its a common bug

You need to go to internet options > security > toggle ActiveX filtering

OR

Uninstall windows update, not sure which but its a recent security update ending in 372 or something
>>
File: that topic again.png (152 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
that topic again.png
152 KB, 500x281
>>127423813
>>127423508
>>127422675
>>127422893
>>127423365

Just fuck off already
>>
File: sickos.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
sickos.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>127438303
No
>>
>>127438368
>>
>>127438041
Looking at it now, it's Security Update KB3132372
>>
File: Straight as the irish roads.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Straight as the irish roads.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
>>127438303
>>
>>127420775
so tg morph
We should steal it
>>
>>127436481
Go into IE
Right click at the top of the browser
Click menu bar
Click tools
Click activex filtering
>>
>>127438303
No, faggot
>>
>>127438303
No, how could you not share the covers?
>>
File: no_bullshit.png (448 KB, 633x480) Image search: [Google]
no_bullshit.png
448 KB, 633x480
>>127440007
>>127440058
Fuck off.
>>
Newish player here. I want to conquer spess. How do I find the pirate ship and get mauled by spiders?
>>
>>127440531
Open an airlock and fling yourself out
>>
>>127440590
Is it all chance? Or is there one semi way to get there with Z levels?
>>
who ambient noise here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqCoUvz_nwI
>>
>>127440630
Luck.
Also you'd best be robust if you don't like dying.
>>
>>127440332
Just share the covers with him, you know he can't keep warm as well as you, what with your big, strong arms and his small, frail body
>>
>tfw adding Vox shitters to my metalist
>>
>>127440531
Speak with telesci, they can get you relatively close.
>>
>>127440727
That's neat.
>>
File: 1424316977584.jpg (62 KB, 640x702) Image search: [Google]
1424316977584.jpg
62 KB, 640x702
>>127441708
>>
Count Honkula deserves jobban desu senpai
>>
File: 1443028187523.png (209 KB, 672x696) Image search: [Google]
1443028187523.png
209 KB, 672x696
>sec officer
>HoP arresting clown
>I say there's not a reason to go that far
>protect clown from hopcurity
>clown is thankful
>go patrolling
>killed by slimes
>borer trys to help
>dead
>WILDRIDE INTENSIFIES TO THE EXTREME
>NO POWER
>NO BIOMASS
>NO DOCTORS
>get out
>clown has gone wild
>like gotten cap access
>armory broken into (warden logged out round start)
>I have created a monster
>a clown captain
>finally get HoP card from braindead HoP
>call shuttle
>think it's all over
>[mrbones.jpg intensifies]
>toxins everywhere
>get new liver
>still toxins
>go to viro after like 20 minutes with borg
>NOPE MEATYWHORES
>see a virologist get sucked out
>try to save
>nope.jpg
>borg finally gets cure started
>IT WAS NEVER A VIRUS TO BEGIN WITH
>shuttle arrives
>stuck in surgery
>SMELELELELELE
I WANT OFF THIS FUCKING RIDE
>>
>>127442917
You never got on the ride anon, you were stuck in surgery
>>
>kept trying to throw the mime
>wouldn't work
>had to throw him down disposals instead
Fucking entertainers. They're like rats.
>>
>Be chilling on DJ station as Mime
>Vox throws me out

Fucking bird jews
>>
>clown
>ask HoP for security access, graciously gives
>steal warden's hat from his head
>ring the HoP bell some more
>get arrested
>janitor didn't use signs and HoP thinks I stole his bucket
>police brutality ensues
>kind sec officer rescues me
>wander
>find the dead HoP outside xeno
>borrow ID, become captain honkula
>take the HoP's body to medical for cloning
>HoP comes back angry and tries to kill me
>flee to armory
>all the guns are blowing up in my face
>a few friends of the HoP arrive baying for clown blood
>get stunned
>HoP cuffs himself
>resist more
>die like a true warrior
>dragged to medbay, cloned and murdered a couple of times
>finally cloned
>steal dead bartender's clothes
>get into morgue, get my old stuff back
>find braindead HoP
>borrow ID, become captain

that was fun
>>
>>127442917
>Sec officer comes to medbay, screaming something about VIRUS VIRUS HELP
>Rush him to virology without checking him in the scanner, because clearly if he's under a virus he'd know
>Shenanigans happen, virologist spaced, panic
>Turns out it wasn't a virus, just his liver being terrible
>Replace his liver, shuttle leaves, finally heal him as round ends
>>
>>127443259
it was just a prank bro
>>
>>127443102
Throwing is broken, there is a bug report about it.
I WOULD LIKE THIS FIXED BECAUSE THROWING PEOPLE AGAINST WINDOWS IS FUN
>>
File: d7ec5ba3b3[1].png (60 KB, 774x571) Image search: [Google]
d7ec5ba3b3[1].png
60 KB, 774x571
WIP Traders' ship, designed to accommodate 5 people during long journeys across space

Crates with trade goods will spawn on the blue Xs

How does it look? Anything out of place / unusual?
>>
>>127443102
>>127443112
Twelve seconds between these posts about the same event. Impressive.
>>
>>127443580
Too boxy, not enough engines.
>>
>>127443580
its a bit
uhm
blocky and un-ship-like
>>
File: 1451524744879.jpg (455 KB, 900x933) Image search: [Google]
1451524744879.jpg
455 KB, 900x933
OFFICIAL POWERGAMING POWER RANKING
1. PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEC/HOS SET TO HIGH
2. WARDEN PLAYERS
3. DETECTIVE (IF THEY HANG OUT IN SEC ALL DAY NOT ACTUALLY SOLVING SHIT)
4. BORGS THAT ALWAYS GO SEC MODE
5. QM/SCIENTIST THAT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING
POWER GAP
6 EVERYONE ELSE
>>
>>127443894
*starts unzipping his dick*
>>
>>127443894
Do you actually know what powergaming means?
>>
I am about to play sec officer soon. What am I in for?
>>
>>127444163
PLAY TO WIN, ALWAYS WIN, ALWAYS GRAB INSULATED GLOVES.
>>
File: 1369874596629.jpg (114 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1369874596629.jpg
114 KB, 500x500
>>127443894
>OFFICIAL I'M BUTTHURT ABOUT GETTING ROBUSTED POWER RANKING
>>
>>127444229
Exactly.
So I ask you, why the fuck are you listing the entirety of Sec, including warden and detective, without a single line about assistants or janitors?
>>
>>127444292
Nigga I play MoMMI. Have fun blowing me out
>>
>>127444205
Hot grey dicking
Mind you, not only greyshirts are greytiders
>>
>>127444328
SEC GETS THE BEST TOOLS ON THE STATION AND CAN EASILY CRACK HEADS.
>>
>>127444460
Sci gets the best "tools" on the station
>>
File: 5c3f4a7117[1].png (60 KB, 590x560) Image search: [Google]
5c3f4a7117[1].png
60 KB, 590x560
>>127443701
>>127443713
How about this?
>>
>>127444460
1) It's not really powergaming if they get them round-start by design, right?
2) I don't see glubbs anywhere on the Armory. You've specifically noted glubbs. I don't often see Sec open carrying glubbs, while Assistants get them every time.
3) You're so fucking naive if you think Sec has the best guns. Just shut up you unroust shitter.
>>
>>127444523
Give it an actual cockpit
>>
>>127444523
Replace the table of elements in the dorms with a contraband poster.
>>
>>127444378
>MoMMI Interfering and stirring shit up
Sounds about right.
>>
Taitor question. Can I disable the alerts on the super matter shard?
>>
>>127444981
Not that I know of, sorry. You can of course hide the crystal, though.
>>
Did I fucking hallucinate the mini hoe having blood on it
>>
>>127445156
You have schizophrenia
>>
>>127445152
Bah that's no fun I need more ways to sabotage the station as engineer
>>
>>127445156
Maybe someone attacked someone with it and put it back where they found it
>>
File: mommi.jpg (23 KB, 466x282) Image search: [Google]
mommi.jpg
23 KB, 466x282
>>127445191
Wait no I figured it out

When a MOMMI grabs a mini-hoe it appears to have blood on the sprite
>>
>>127444981
No. Don't try emagging it either.

The supermatter explosion is not that great, it's the regular use what's dangerous. Radiation can kill more than the delamination. Of course it can easily kill you too.
>>
>>127444523
Make those curve walls also go around the outer engines on the sides.
>>
>>127422149
You are the HoP not the captain. You don't boss anyone around, you just need to help people out, not order them around. (Also I think being humble is one of the best traits a leader can have.)
Don't be that one ass who gears up round start in the armory
Don't leave an ID computer access ID in your computer if you leave your room, lock it in your locker
Don't give all access to people who just go 'hey give me all access', set their jobname to little bitch and give them assistant access.
However, do not be a dick with access and give out extended access to security and the like. I gave the clown's son, human punpun all access to go hunt down mice. I did not regret it.
You can set custom jobnames, do it
I have found it is better to try to work with cargonia rather than try to fight it, if QM asks for access give him all of it for staying out of trouble. I have actually had it pay off giving QM all access when I died and lost my ID, he helped me make a new one. Trust me, if they want to open weapons crates, they are, you can get on their good side or piss them off, your choice.
You don't have to stay in your office all round, after the rush of people wanting roundstart job changes, you can go and check up on cargo and kitchen area and see if they need anything, they are your departments after all.
>>
>>127445761
What if I get the super shard from QM. That'll end the round right?
>>
>>127444981
>>127445250
Re-route disposals into a well built SME chamber.
Make a trash powered SME.
I mean, its not like some people use disposals as a highway to get across the station, right?
Right?
>>
>>127445964
>I gave the clown's son, human punpun all access to go hunt down mice.
Holy shit I actually vaguely remember that round
I think I screencapped some of their weirder conversations in the bar
>>
>>127445981
Maybe that's changed, but I don't think the full crystal is available outside of adminbus.
>>
what was that fix for byond?
or where's the old thread
>>
File: Singularity SSJ11.gif (549 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
Singularity SSJ11.gif
549 KB, 352x352
>>127445981
Both roundstart and cargo bought shards are small portions of crystals. Only a big dev explosion and hallucinations for everyone.

Full crystals can be obtained with admin intervention (which for that purpose I really don't think it's viable unless there's a badmin on), or really rare xenoarch.
You could try emagging a comms console and ask the sindicate for one.

A full crystal will start a roundend event, and if thrown into the singulo will make it go nuclear.
>>
>play chef
>steal alcohol from bartender
>inject pure alcohol into all my food
>watch as everyone stumbles around and ruins their liver
>>
>>127446962
>Emagging comms to talk to Syndie.

W-What you can do that.
>>
Have you ever seen stealth nuke ops?
>>
>>127443210
>be HoP after the clown was cloned
>want to build an AI
>clown wants to become AI
>take him to robotics
>CONNECTION LOST
>he steals my ID once again
>>
File: 1444769437121.jpg (76 KB, 487x650) Image search: [Google]
1444769437121.jpg
76 KB, 487x650
>>127448390
Ya dumb git, if ya see them they ain't STEALTHY now are they!
>>
File: blunders.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
blunders.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>127447123
>>127443210
>>
>>127447490
Yep. The most common use for it is to ask for additional objectives in exchange for more telecrystals. If you're lucky, they may even turn your radio headset into a second uplink.
>>
File: wew.png (257 KB, 1013x931) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
257 KB, 1013x931
>>
File: 1450306490161.png (249 KB, 377x354) Image search: [Google]
1450306490161.png
249 KB, 377x354
>everyone dead or dying
>was in cloner
>pop out
>spend like 10-15 minutes struggling to get up
>drag the closest corpse into the scanner to try and save something
>collapse in the chair
>takes a few minutes to stand back up
>get to computer
>try to scan
>fucking mental interface failure
>stumble outside to try to get another corpse
>collapse and get ayy'd
I tried, goddammit, I tried.
>>
>>127449573
>Those 4 around the fire outside

COMFY
>>
File: 1427588650103.jpg (44 KB, 454x454) Image search: [Google]
1427588650103.jpg
44 KB, 454x454
Being a good goy finally saved me
>>
>>127449573
Jesus you're fucking terrible at screenshots.
Thanks for fucking it up anyway fuccboi.

And add a fucking notification for shoveling snow.
>>
>>127449573
4 shots 4 kills get btfo xeno scrub
>>
>that security borg
>"He's releasing some sort of violet smoke!"
>everyone dying instantly to it
>borg just stares at him

Christ.
>>
>>127449770
What does the Galaga ship do?

Also, you should add a Boss Galaga with a tractor beam too.
>>
>>127449770
>You're fucking terrible at screenshots
>As I post a screenshot I forgot to crop
Fuck
>>
>>127449659
That was my first time playing alien and I had no clue what I was doing, I just kept finding humans and nobody put up any form of resistance at all
>>
>>127449954
Well of course nobody put up resistance, we were all in Crit or shock.
>>
>>127448390
Recently a nuke ops team went in disguised as cats
It didn't work out.
>>
File: 1400624899590.jpg (6 KB, 251x260) Image search: [Google]
1400624899590.jpg
6 KB, 251x260
>>127448429
It was all a ruse to get that ID :^) I was gonna flash you and take it but you beat me to it
>>
>>127449573
>An on-fire admin, the chaplain, the ghost of a naked man and a xeno are around a fire, getting warm in the snow and comfy
>Niggly in his barren house, watching the error screen on TV, with a galaga ship in his garage

Maximum comfy all round

Versus

>>127449770
>1 not on fire merry admin
>Niggly still in their barren house
>With a random ass bush and a jumper in the bottom

Not so comfy

I like the first one
>>
>We will never get "Steal Ian/Runtime/Poly" alive objectives
>>
>>127450082
Their fault for going in stealthily on a station that had two AIs, really.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 122

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.