[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/gdg/ - Grim Dawn General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: Untitled.jpg (516 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
516 KB, 1680x1050
Come At Me, Bro edition

>What is Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn is an ARPG made by a few left over developers from Iron Lore Entertainment who also made Titan Quest along with with a few other devs including one D1/D2 designer. Currently you can't really pirate it because it it breaks NPCS and quests (custom DRM I'm guessing) but there is a DRM free version planned for launch.

>What are some features
Dual Class System
Faction-Based Questing
Refined Loot Drops
300+ Hero Monsters
Destructible Environments
Dynamic Weather
Recipe-Based Crafting
Modding Tools (Future)
DRM Free Version (At launch in February 2016)
More here http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/featurelist.php

>FAQ
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/faq.php

>Game Guide
http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php

>Wiki
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>Advanced mechanics
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720

>Build Planner
http://grimcalc.com/

>Item Database
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items

>Store Page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

>Why is this game taking so long to make?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257065#post257065
>>
>>127382881
Also, post your trade shit here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/3uje7w/the_trading_post/
>>
File: CASaf6fWMAAcZ3l[1].png (440 KB, 525x654) Image search: [Google]
CASaf6fWMAAcZ3l[1].png
440 KB, 525x654
PoE and D3 > GD
>>
>>127383116
My dick > your mom.
>>
File: somones mad.jpg (248 KB, 642x1130) Image search: [Google]
somones mad.jpg
248 KB, 642x1130
fresh off the press
man did someone get salty when i called it a diablo clone

but seriously, i wasnt trolling, i do think its way way way too similar to diablo
all those "pick award you want" quest dont change shit especially since they gave up on the idea halfway into act 2

also fuck you guys for telling me this game is great, i should know better
>>
>>127383048
I'm not making a fucking account so I can post trade notes. Someone make a google document or something
>>
>>127383320
The fuck, is that one of the devs?
>>
>>127383048
Fuck off.

Just use Steam or the official forums, or even just this general.
>>
>>127383320
>class mixing plain up doesn't work

I think you're the problem here, senpai. This thing already worked on TQ and still works here.
>>
File: 8a5ef0_5149262[1].jpg (72 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
8a5ef0_5149262[1].jpg
72 KB, 1024x576
>>127383594
>le legion face
>>
>the game ends on a big fat cliffhanger
Aw, I expected at least some kind of a resolution.
>>
What does this game do that PoE doesn't?
>>
>>127383331
>>127383594
aite your loss, managed to get most of my gear off there, and unfortunately since /vg/ threads last a few hours theres no consistency
>>
>>127383631
no it dosnt
it should just allow you to pick skills form all classes or make classes that arent split into two

that and makes core classes so limp dicked its just a waste of potentially well balanced and fun class to play
i ended up with demo, a guy who is made of crowd control spells while having no mana regen or survivability abilities

and since i picked soldier second, to get some more life and shit, i plain up locked myself out of any possibility of using my fucking insanely mana expensive skills

but again, its just pointless details that dont do much to differentiate the game core mechanics that end up being a slightly simplified clone of diablo
>>127383529
i guess
since he didnt even let me reply i assume he was just amking an excuse to himself
>>
>>127384334
damage over time properly

>>127371108
>>
>>127383320
>Diablo
>better than GD
ayy
>>
>>127384334
have actual fun, and this is coming from a 100 shockwave totem witch>>127384334
>>
>>127383998
An expansion is already planned, so I guess they had to leave plenty of room for more.

IIRC one of the designers post a way back about not wanting to have the player "save the world" too much, since the whole situation they're in is too big for that and it's more about hanging on in a shitty situation than about fixing the whole mess.
>>
Asked this in the last thread.

I made a witch blade because I wanted a hero that uses slight magic along with martial prowess. I use sigil of consumption and blade arc as my main dmg dealers. I put points the soeltiare or what not, what are some good dmg dealers that are not doombolt or poison eyes? I was thinking of using the raven for the healing and slight dmg it can do.
>>
>>127384334
I can turn on Veteran to make normal difficulty not casual difficulty.
>>
>>127384451
>sucks dick at building a character

>durr hurr game's fault me should be cool at game without thinkie

fuck off you colossal faggot
>>
>>127383529
Yes, the lead dev.

For small indie games like this it's not uncommon for the devs to actually be active in discussions on Steam and the official forums.
>>
>>127384724
If you're using Blade Arc then you should probably invest in Curse of Frailty since that reduces bleed resist.
>>
>>127384797
>Zantai
>Lead dev

Why do people think this? The lead devs are Medierra and Rhis, or at least those were the two that started the entire Grim Dawn project, Zantai is one of the designers.
>>
>>127384724
Blitz+Blindside is super useful (only put 1 point into Blitz), though not really a damage dealer.

Curse of Frailty isn't a damage dealer either, but it can help increase your damage A LOT since it lowers enemy resistances. It also makes getting mobbed easier to handle since it slows the enemies down.

The raven familiar is nice, but probably not worth it if you don't have a pet build. If you want a heal, you can pick up Blood of Dreeg for that.
>>
>>127384536
better, not better
my point stands
it was there first, and god knows it wanst perfect, so copying it to this extent not only brings its positives, but also a fucking wall of problems it had
and fuck another game where you need a fortune worthy of a king to buy a single shitty item while selling enough swords and bows to outfit an army to get that money
can at lest one diablo clone make shops worth a flying fuck?

>>127384774
as the game dosnt even bother to tell me what skills what class has or even allow me to check them, its rather hard to build a competent class without a guide or trying at lest few times
asking me to put in 30 or so hours into it for me to get past normal a lot, asking me to spend more to make a character that isnt shit is a joke
i couldnt even beat final boss equipped in all legendary and epic gear without dying 20x times and chipping way at him in some parody of what gameplay in such a game should look like
>>
>>127384334
Pros
>no retarded devs nerfing everything into oblivion over and over
>no forced online that gives way to delay/lags
>will be mod friendly, as opposed to poe who banned players for using item filters a week before their very own og donutsteel item filter was released.
>no bullshit of linking sockets/colors just to use your moves.
>skill tree isn't a bunch of meaningless passive stats
>game isn't balanced around alt+f4 so no bullshit lag spike developed one shot moves.
>bosses are challenging without resorting to "deals 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 fire damage, cuz fuck you for getting fire resist" bullshit
>no chris wilson faggotry
>armor/weapon designed isn't held back by a mtx store, so all items look cool/interesting as opposed to poe "look like a drunk bum faggot unless you pay 50 for the divine pee pee armor of glow"

Cons:
>no races/temp leagues
>can't transfer cosmetic look of items to other items (although this involved paying real money so fuck that in poe)
>>
>>127385427
>as the game dosnt even bother to tell me what skills what class has or even allow me to check them, its rather hard to build a competent class without a guide or trying at lest few times
asking me to put in 30 or so hours into it for me to get past normal a lot, asking me to spend more to make a character that isnt shit is a joke
i couldnt even beat final boss equipped in all legendary and epic gear without dying 20x times and chipping way at him in some parody of what gameplay in such a game should look like

holy christ fuck are you this bad at the game?
they have a fucking class calculator on their site you can use. also unlike PoE and D3 any class combo can work, but it will involve thinking and mousing over abilities to figure out how to combine them.

but you already explained thinking is hard, so again, fuck off you horsecock-sucking jew
>>
>>127385427
if you need vendors to get good gear you're truly shit.
>>
>>127384724
This is my (planned) build, it probably looks a lot like what you're doing.

http://grimcalc.com/build/9bjsYf

I don't know how well it does in the long run since I'm only level 32 at the moment, but so far I've been doing fine in Veteran Hardcore. I wish I had more points left for the passives, but I guess gear will have to cover that.
>>
>>127384334
It has less stuff?
So its not such a time sink, where 200 hours isnt enough to figure out how to build anything with that skill tree, other than that?
Dunno, ... less stuff.
>>
>>127385427
>as the game dosnt even bother to tell me what skills what class has or even allow me to check them
At level 2, you click a mastery. You look at the skills. You click the "Undo mastery choice" button. You click another mastery. You look at those skills. The only bad thing about it is that it should also show you what the skill will look like when it's maxed, so you could see how well it scales.
Still, making a viable build for getting through Normal and Elite isn't really hard, if you have a brain. Ultimate is balanced weirdly, though, but there's probably a bunch of fixes coming for that.
>>
Where do I farm epics? I need Immaterial Edge.
>>
Grim Dawn will feature a powerful set of modding tools, giving players a chance to create their own content and challenges. Grim Dawn’s content will be as limitless as the imaginations of the players. Create your own worlds and share them with your friends, and even the world!

woah
>>
>>127385563
i'm saving this post
>>
>>127385887
>they have a fucking class calculator on their site you can use.
it can be up your moms ass for all i care
its not in the game
>>
File: wat.jpg (5 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
5 KB, 243x207
Sup /gdg/, I am a Grim Dawn noobfag (while no stranger to ARPGs) so I've come here with some questions.

How important is it to level physique as an Arcanist? I'm leveling with a friend and I've seen about 0 wands and he's dropped me two, forcing me to use other weapons for DPS, weapons that require a higher physique than normal.

Secondly, I am leveling a Nightblade by myself and I've chosen Lethal Gambit; how important is putting points into skills early on, compared to putting points into your class?
>>
>>127386261
I realy hope the game will have an active modding community.
>>
>>127385427
Just because it's all legendary and epic gear doesn't mean shit. Your resistances were shit.
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/S4TnGV

how's my shaman so far mates
>>
>>127386261
>now posts on 4chan are ads
thanks new moot
>>
Just unlocked Ultimate on my HC Sorc, I don't want to die yet, so I'm gonna fuck around on another character for a while. Someone tell me what the fuck to play
>>
>>127386586
Generally, absolutely all Ultimate viable builds have most, if not all, points in physique. I've seen a few go like 5-15 points in either spirit or cunning, though, to get enough to equip certain gear.

As for putting points into skills or mastery, respeccing is dirt cheap, so I usually just stuff points into skills making the earlygame go by much faster, and when I have enough points to stuff into a later skill, I'll just respec out of the earlygame skill.
>>
>>127386690
resistances to what?
i have no clue what damage type that fucker does, and i dont exactly drown in legendaries and high level epics by end of first difficulty, so i cnat chose what resists i get on what
>>
>>127387004
Christ, go play D3. That game was made for brainless casuals like you.
>>
>>127386964

Alright that's about what I expected, thanks. I believe you can't respec your attributes? Does this mean you have to work towards your late game stat wise from the word go then, or is it just the fact that you get enough attributes for all your equipment from the gear itself?
>>
>>127386586
>How important is it to level physique as an Arcanist?
Depends on where you are in the game. On Hardcore, it's definitely important because Physique gives HP and Defense Ability. Similarly, Physique becomes more important in Elite and especially in Ultimate, since emeies hit a LOT harder there. Without Physique, you'll be very glassy and some enemies might even one-shot you. Equipment, skills and devotions can make up for this though, and the Arcanist has two great defensive skills in Mirror of Erections and Maiven's Sphere.

>how important is putting points into skills early on, compared to putting points into your class?
There's been some debate on this and there are arguments to be made for both approaches, but in my opinion it's always better to spend points in your skills. Most skills become much better with some points in them, and this helps you level faster. If you don't want to use any of the early skills, you can simply spec out of them later on anyway. Putting points in your class masteries lets you reach some of the more powerful skills faster without respeccing, but you'll have a harder time getting there since your skills will be weak. Respeccing is cheap anyway, so there's no real reason to work towards your final build from the start instead of just taking the stuff that works for you right now.
>>
>>127387004
All of your resistances, I had fairly high resistances by the end of Veteran.
>>
>>127387004
>Boss is using attacks with red visuals? Gee, I wonder what damage type it could be (protip: It's either chaos, vitality, or fire)
>Stuff armor full of components that give resists to one thing
>See if you still die as easily, if you do: change components to give resists to another thing
>Repeat
How hard is this to do?
>>
>>127386869
Someone tell me what to play or I'm getting the hacker known as 4Chan to backtrace your IPs and fuck you all up.
>>
>>127386869
Trickster.

>>127387339
Just get the stats you need to equip your gear. There's no need to spend all your stat points right away, so it's better to keep them on hand for when you need them. I currently have 14 unused stat points on my level 33 character.
>>
>>127387339
Pretty sure you can't completely fuck your character over even if you choose to spend your attribute points the "wrong" way. You can definitely make Ultimate harder for yourself, though.
However, certain class combos can get too little spirit to equip endgame jewelry, for example, so just save up 10-15 skill points at all times, in case you stumble upon some gear you won't be able to use unless you put a few points into whatever stat it requires.
>>
File: 1376010321916.jpg (10 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1376010321916.jpg
10 KB, 256x256
>playing a single player offline grinding game

For what purpose?
>>
>>127387636
Play a trickster that dual-wields lightning rods and shits lightning everywhere.
>>
>>127387410

Thanks, this has given me a better grasp of how I should go about building my characters.

Here's another question: I play with my friend and he's fallen 4 behind me. As an Arcanist I just blow everything to fuck before he can touch it. A lot of multiplayer mechanics seem to be very vague or unexplained. I assume that he only shares a fraction of the experience I get for each kill. Are we simply going to have to let him last hit everything so he can keep up? It's made leveling together counter-productive as we're always waiting on him.

>>127387639
>>127387758

Noted. I'll start hoarding stat points.
>>
>>127387828
The same reason you play any other game.

Fun.
>>
>>127387928
Senpai I'ma need some guidance.
>>
>>127387995
>grinding
>fun

ok
>>
>>127388126
wtf why did it change senpai to Senpai, what witchcraft is this
>>
>>127388126
>Start character
>Choose Nightblade or Shaman
>Stuff points into dual-wield line and Pneumatic Burst lines in NB
>Stuff points into whatever lightning-related in Shaman that doesn't require 2handers
I have no idea how to build a Trickster, but I guess that'll do. Also go for the Tempest constellation (5 ascendance 5 primordial, up to the left in the devotion window)
>>
>>127388453
I assume this is your first day on 4chan?
>>
>>127388453
i'm gonna kill myself, i can't say f a m, I can't pretend to be black
>>
>>127388531
â–²
â–² â–²
I guess I'll test this to find out
>>
>>127388830
Fuck it's my first day I guess
>>
>>127387456
>i was lucky with my rng, why werent you ?;)
>>127387481
would help if my stash didnt consist of room enough few few items before it got full

and would that increase my damage output so i can actually kill those spawns fast enough?
i seriously doubt it
>>
>>127389187
>would help if my stash didnt consist of room enough few few items before it got full

Create a new character, get to burial cave so you get access to the prison, stuff his stash full of whatever shit you have in the shared stash, you now have plenty of room in less than 15 minutes.

>and would that increase my damage output so i can actually kill those spawns fast enough?
Nope, reviewing your build after upping your resists will do that, because with high enough resists, you will take much less damage, and can build for a more glasscannon-esque build.

Actually, do you mind posting your build?
>>
>>127389571
this
http://grimcalc.com/build/dk3Pnh
>>
>>127390323
People usually pick soldier for the defensive options it provides you, not for markovian advantage.
>>
File: 1399506995896.png (7 KB, 86x58) Image search: [Google]
1399506995896.png
7 KB, 86x58
>>127387828
>playing a multiplayer online grinding game

For what purpose?
>>
File: 1447094296446.jpg (175 KB, 447x720) Image search: [Google]
1447094296446.jpg
175 KB, 447x720
>>127383320
>make a worthless shitpost on steam forums
>get told off by a dev
>come to /vg/ to cry about your anal pain
>>
>>127390889
honestly all his skills seem shit
regret picking him
>>
>>127390323
Dual pistols > rifle. I beat Normal with a sorceress using the marauder's guns (Level 26), the increased attack speed from using two guns makes it so much better than rifles. Not too hard to fix either, if you've had shit drops and don't have any items enabling it, it's just 1 Tainted Brain Matter, and 1 of each of Serrated Spike, Polished Emerald, and Silk Swatch for the Gunslinger's Talisman Relic, the blueprint for which you get from the DC faction vendor.
Other than that, get some chaos resists from wherever, a source or two of life steal (Blessed Steel is amazing for this, just stuff it in a weapon)
I'd also respec out of Markovian's Advantage and Military Conditioning, and get more points in Soldier to pick up Warcry, that skill is broken as fuck. Or you could want to pick up Flashbang, that skill is also amazing, especially with the modifier.
I don't really see any reason you should have trouble with the final boss on Veteran (Or at least he should be piece of cake on non-veteran), but those are my tips for your build, at least.
>>
>>127391174
Closing a thread after making a short feature list straight out of retail box isnt exactly what i would call getting told.
Dev seemed to talk more to himself rather to anybody else there.
>>
>>127391793
Maybe he's smart enough to know the first thing you learn on 4chan, don't give attention to shitposters.
>>
Alright post builds and how they are doing both fun wise and viability wise.

http://grimcalc.com/build/8J421p

At level 50 right now, its pretty fun, however not super practical so far.
>>
File: show them online.jpg (26 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
show them online.jpg
26 KB, 300x411
>>127390904
>>
>>127393473
http://grimcalc.com/build/tgUqE4
sitting at +210% lightning and electrocute damage
i set right click to cast wind devil and both totems with a mouse program. i just walk around and stand there holding down right click in crowds of enemies and they instantly melt. i didn't time it, but the final boss died in about 30-40 seconds
i've never made a good build in a diablo-like game before but i'm proud of how well this is doing
>>
>>127393473
Discord is shit unless you have a really good elemental weapon, since it's not an actual transmute.
>>
>>127386716
please respond
>>
File: 1439400902691.jpg (2 MB, 1880x2080) Image search: [Google]
1439400902691.jpg
2 MB, 1880x2080
replying to the guy asking if vindictive flame scales with total retaliation damage.

>>127317805
It scales with fire and physical % the skill description never says it does any retaliation damage just flat fire, and physical with lightning and burn later, 100% chance on struck.
>>
File: 1451487350473.jpg (18 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
1451487350473.jpg
18 KB, 252x200
>AAR build against Herald of Flame
>>
File: Sheeit.jpg (841 KB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
Sheeit.jpg
841 KB, 1920x1082
I'm going to die soon, I fucking know it
>>
Is dual-focusing elements worthwhile, or should I solely focus on one?
>>
>>127394368
It depends.
>>
>>127393473
http://grimcalc.com/build/OpGxsj
Not that far into the game yet, but getting carried by Pneumatic Burst healing and one-shotting everything. Can't fucking wait until I get Reckless Tempest, though, that's gonna be great. Slicing people up with lightning is fun as fuck.
>>
What's the consensus on hardcore and veteran modes?
>>
>>127394762
What do you mean
>>
>single class builds are shit
>dual class builds make for it impossible to take high level skills and have points left for anything else
why do people actually defend this?
>>
>>127394951
just leave my man
>>
>>127394070
Hmm thanks for the tip, I will have to free up some points.
>>
>>127394762
>consensus

Anyone on hardcore will tell you how bad ass they are and stroke their ecocks all over you.

Anyone not on hardcore probably won't argue with you because they're too casual to care in the first place.
>>
>>127394762
>Veteran
Should be harder
>Hardcore
With the way Ultimate is now, I feel like hardcore isn't really worth it.
>>
>>127395012
Good argument.
>>
>>127394328
>tfw level 30 and can't handle the pressure
how'd you do it
>>
>>127395156
>arguing a blatant lie

sure thing bud
>>
File: 555125215.jpg (1 MB, 2164x1468) Image search: [Google]
555125215.jpg
1 MB, 2164x1468
>>127395156
>>127394951

>literally stupid and wrong
>>
>>127395286
>>127395368
Don't reply to shitposters guys just ignore it.
>>
>>127394951
With the amount of +skills you can get from highlevel gear, getting a bunch of skill to max isn't even remotely hard.
>>
>>127393473
http://grimcalc.com/build/K4Pals

Pretty even split on attribute distribution. It's pretty viable so far but I need a few more levels to round him out. I rushed Cadence and Fighting Form because I just wasn't dishing out enough damage to survive beforehand, and rushed the max mastery I need on Occultist because Sigil and Solael's just kinda suck without their modifiers.
>>
>>127395368
with leave I ment he should leave the thread because I though he is the same guy with the Steam forum post.
>>
>>127395250
10 minute boss fights because shit damage but insane resists.
>>
>>127394762
>What's the consensus
There is none.

>on hardcore
I like it because it forces you to play smarter. You can't just go glass cannon "nuke everything oops I just got one-shot by a boss, doesn't matter lol". Playing Softcore and never dying is essentially the same thing, but knowing there's no safety net makes the game more exciting for me. I certainly get people who prefer Softcore, though. Losing a character you spent hours and hours on because of one moment of carelessness is painful.

>and veteran modes?
It should be the default setting. "Normal" is easy. "Veteran" is normal.
>>
>>127395368
What a dumb-ass looking build. Speaking as a high level Conjurer.
>>
>>127394762
Veteran's decently challenging but not super-hard. Normal is babby casual in comparison, you'll rarely die even as a glass cannon build.

As far as HC goes... I've personally never seen the point of it. One mistake can kill your character. If you're playing regular mode, oh well, you can keep playing. If you're playing HC then that's possibly dozens of hours down the drain for nothing.
>>
What in the fuck is Ultimate, I leave the god damn bridge and I have 4 elites in my face
>>
>>127395947
"Fun", anon.
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/KFMuD2

r8 and h8 my deployable build
>>
File: yet it works tho.jpg (1 MB, 1909x1073) Image search: [Google]
yet it works tho.jpg
1 MB, 1909x1073
>>127395759
>>
>>127396049
looks funny
>>
>>127396091
lvling pet skills is useless
>>
File: Tango.png (3 MB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
Tango.png
3 MB, 1920x1082
tango fucking down
>>
>>127396649
great job fragging that charlie anon
>>
>>127395947
>>127396649
Ultimate's actually pretty okay for Act 1, with the exception of the unfortunate times when 3 heroes spawn in one room, and 2 rooms over, just within aggro range, there's 3 more heroes. My phantasmal blades spellbreaker with 4.5k health didn't have any trouble. Act 2 and on, however...
>>
>>127396341
briarthorne mai waifu, you're useless.
>>
>>127396941
I JUST HAD FUCKING FIVE SPAWN
>>
>>127397089
Kite like a motherfucker.
>>
>>127397089
Yep. It's fun, isn't it?
>>
>>127397159
2fun4me
>>
File: Here lies Anon.jpg (21 KB, 345x178) Image search: [Google]
Here lies Anon.jpg
21 KB, 345x178
I wasn't cut out for the big leagues :(
>>
File: wat.png (806 KB, 633x537) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
806 KB, 633x537
>shrine needs frozen heart
>i have frozen heart in my inventory
>i can't offer it to the shrine
what the fuck do i do to fix this? i hate everything about these shitty annoying shrines
>>
>>127396649
Do you have any tips for hardcore?
>>
>>127397670
What happened?
>>
File: [2015.08.11_13.47.04].jpg (17 KB, 203x233) Image search: [Google]
[2015.08.11_13.47.04].jpg
17 KB, 203x233
>>127397676
kek

We need more posts like this to lighten the thread up.
>>
>>127397670
RIP in peace, Anon ;_;7

>>127397676
You need a completed component. What you have is a 2/3rd completed one.
>>
>>127397695
Sacrifice damage for resist imo. It got me through Elite.
>>
>>127397676
>Partial Component 2/3

Found your problem dipshit
>>
>>127397695
yeah just one kinda of a spoiler tip. ロééÿÿ git good
>>
>>127397676
It's a partial component, you nerd. It says so in the description. You need a full heart for the shrine.
>>
>>127397676
>I'm a huge retard please kill me
>>
>>127397749
I was cleansing the water pump, and I got collapsed on from all 4 directions, and there were 3 of the big fuckers.

>>127397819
Rest in kill, my sweet prince.
>>
File: 1333092243564.png (13 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1333092243564.png
13 KB, 284x284
>>127397845
>>127397993
why so angry anons
>>
>>127398171
To be fair you could have just taken a few seconds to read instead of being retarded. Sorry, anon. But it's the truth.
>>
>>127397825
>>127397695

Another tip would be to have multiple characters all on hardcore. They all share the same recipes you learn and stuff in your shared stash. Helps when you lose somebody if you have an alt past some of the boring parts.
>>
File: 1333068691011.png (46 KB, 649x434) Image search: [Google]
1333068691011.png
46 KB, 649x434
>>127398337
the shrine doesn't say anything about how complete the component has to be, it literally just says "frozen heart". needing a complete component makes sense in hindsight but it's not something that should make you so upset at someone else on the internet
>>
>>127398706
It literally shows the icon for a completed Frozen Heart, though, not an incomplete one.
>>
>>127398706
fuck you cunt
>>
>>127398706
Just accept that you were being dumb and move on anon you're just embarrassing yourself now
>>
>>127398775
they look pretty similar desu senpai

>>127398858
thank you for the (You)
>>
>>127398957
>pretty similar
Pretty similar isn't the same.
>>
So last night I could host with my friend connecting to me. Today we've tried again and we can't connect to each other's game for some reason. Both of us can connect to random multiplayer games on the browser. Is there a fix for this phenomenon or is it chalked up to "Early Access what did you expect"
>>
File: 1430053279868.png (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1430053279868.png
8 KB, 200x200
>>127399042
good job identifying that different words have different meanings
>>
>>127399049
It happens to me at random too. I don't understand it.
>>
>>127399049
Could be a port forwarding thing.
>>
>>127399237

I doubt it, but I'm getting him to try to forward his ports, I've already done mine.
>>
>>127399223
Someone has to do it for you.
If you need me to wipe your ass, just let me know, I work with autistic children often.
>>
>>127399412
>condescending "you're autistic" jab
you can always tell when a person doesn't have anything worthwhile left to say when they pull this one out
>>
>>127399741
What happened to your :3 pictures, Anon?
Did that other Anon strike a nerve or something?
>>
>>127399741
>you can always tell when a person doesn't have anything worthwhile left to say when they pull this one out
I'm amazed you managed to type that out without realising how ironic it was, but that's autism for you.
>>
IS THIS A THREAD ABOUT RETARDS OR GRIM DAWN
>>
File: 1333223859698.png (71 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1333223859698.png
71 KB, 900x900
>>127399885
no i just ran out
this is the only other cute one i have

>>127399993
what's ironic about it
>>
>>127400235
LITERALLY.
NO.
DIFFERENCE.
>>
So why wouldn't you hand over the Hargate's Formula to Kasparov?
>>
>>127400260
>what's ironic about it
And this is why I had to point out the difference between 'pretty similar' and 'the same'

We've come full circle, autismo.
>>
>>127400357
No reason at all, the only difference is that if you keep it, you don't get iron bits from him.
>>
>pick wrong dialog choice
>guy immediately torches his house and kills his family

s-sorry
>>
>>127400478
no i think you just misused the word. to be ironic it would have to be unexpected, but you already think i'm retarded. i think hypocritical would be a better word choice

>>127400235
post your build
>>
>>127400629
What's the purpose in keeping it? Iron bits are pointless (2k normal 10k elite)
>>
>>127400734
I have done this too many times myself, the poor Skinner family.
>>
>>127400794
I just died, I have no build
>>
>>127400794
>have to be unexpected
Not necessarily.
Not everything is measured in absolutes, autismo.

>i'm retarded
I don't disagree.
>>
what would be the best class comb to make a Paladin type character?

Soldier + Shaman?
Soldier + Arcanist?
Soldier + Demolitionist?
>>
>>127400928
There's no difference in XP or Relic Blueprint recieved, there's literally no benefit in keeping it. You probably just have to choice to do so because they wanted more "choice and consequence"-quests.
>>
>>127401193
Figures. A shame some of the quests/choices are absolute bullshit though. Like permanent damage. Such as >>127400734 and not letting the guy in Act 2 live (the vendor with the daughter)
>>
Hello. Can I play as a cute girl? This is very important.
>>
>>127401352
No.
>>
>>127401352
There's literally zero character customization apart from choosing gender. You can choose to play as a girl, but you can't make her cater to your sense of cute.

>>127401335
Yeah, the Family Crisis is okay, though, it's just losing some XP and a shitty ring, but the Homestead vendor is a bit worse, since he can save you a bunch of dynamite farming.
>>
Do I play a Witchblade or a Warder?
>>
>>127401689
>>127401335
Are there any other permanent damage choices like this in the game?
>>
>>127401172
Soldier+Demo, I'd say. You can purge shit with fire and channel the fury of gods.
>>
Do legos not drop in Elite act 1-2? I got 4 lego in normal Act 4 (was farming there for a while before hitting Elite) and I'm 50% done act 2 and not a since lego drop at all in Elite.
>>
>>127401721
Do you want to bleed acid or shoot lightning out your ass?
>>
>>127401827
You've got the choice of killing/saving Anasteria (The Outcast), killing her denies you an entire faction, with faction items.
Choosing to give the Rover guy early on their elder's talisman makes you unable to get a pretty decent relic at a fairly low level.
Of course the Order/Chosen faction choice, but that gives you a faction no matter which you choose.
I think that's all, at least that's all I can remember right now.
>>
>>127402015
Bleed Acid, but idk what to take on the Soldier side of it
>>
>>127402260
Well if you want to build around Blood of Dreeg, Overguard is a good one-point wonder to pair with it. Besides that, Soldier's got a lot of good passives for survivability, Cadence is fun to use, as is Blade Arc, and both pair well with Curse of Frailty due to its bleed/phys resist debuff.
>>
>>127399095
oh god anon im so sorry
will you keep playing hardcore after that?
>>
>>127401964

They do. You just have to pray to RNGesus harder
>>
>tfw your first lego is for a shit class combo that you will never play
>tfw your second and third are as well
>>
>>127391261
>I don't really see any reason you should have trouble with the final boss on Veteran

Me and a friend play coop and we fucking die like flys on vet at the final boss. Also i play a duel pistol build as well, it feels op as fuck but i only got 3500 hp...
We now grind lvl and gear to beat that fucker.
>>
File: best.jpg (254 KB, 1599x899) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
254 KB, 1599x899
This build is gonna take me to ultimate, I can feel it in my bones.

Wish the bird would stop taking 10 second piss breaks after shooting a couple times though
>>
>>127405092
Hellhound is better to max first. Make sure you right click your pets and set them to aggressive.
>>
>>127391212
Boi menhirs will the auto heal skill is nice as fuck.
The shield Abilities are also great.
Decorated solider is useful as fuck too!
>>
>>127405092
that bird will take you absolutely to the grave.

Curse of fraility is nb.

you can put one point in hellhound and use it like a jihadi fighter for -15% hp on every enemy in the game.
>>
Is grimcalc broken? Every time I open a build page the tab just says loading and the classes won't pop up.
>>
>>127401172
Solider and Arcanist for lighting dmg and Template shield and retaliation shit. Also use a mace.
>>
Is arcanist/occultist summoner viable? Or is shaman the only way to go
>>
>>127402753
Sweet. Got Boneweave Legging lego from a shrine just then :^) Cheers anon.

>>127405350
>>127405264
Don't even max the bird. Personally 1 point in every bird skill is absolute best. Keep bird on medium.
>>
>>127405712
Shaman gives you a toggle, at max rank, that gives you huge bonuses to your pets. Occultist gives you an active that gives you a huge bonus to pets.
Arcanist would just gimp you pretty hard, considering pets are your primary damage source.
>>
i want to make arnold schwarzenegger in grim dawn, which build suits me best?

soldier, obvs. but what other mastery?
>>
>>127410363
Shaman has 2h support up the wazoo. Also lightning if that is your bag.

Another good candidate would be nightblade and then you can throw daggers yelling "stick around"
>>
File: cool.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
>>127383320
>Shitpost on steam forum
>Get rekt by devs
>Come to general to call the dev salty after getting btfo by dev
>>
>>127384334
Everything
>>
>>127410363
soldier + demolitionist makes commando
>>
How does '%reduction in enemy health' work exactly?
>>
Looking for some advice, Im currently playing through with a occ/sha build im tentatively calling the Party Crasher. Veteran difficulty.

Basically it means I can be upfront with my pets smashing things.

Most devotion points have gone into pet + stats and you can view the build im kind of working towards: http://grimcalc.com/build/1FkEmc

So my question is how can I improve survivability/ are ANY of the pet "skills" worth jumping into.

Im focusing on pets that DONT dissapear over time, are the others (namely wind devil and primal spirit) that much better then I should move points into them?

Anyone mess around with something similar?
>>
I think Grimcalc is fucked. My build in-game is exactly http://grimcalc.com/build/nfvAip (I've taken all gear off and my tree is exactly this) and Grimcalc is telling me I'm level 78 yet my character is level 67.
>>
what is this my reputation reached despised by aetherials?
can I be buddy chums with these zombie overlords?
>>
>>127420434
No point in using wind devils without investing in lightning damage %.

You are missing curse of frailty + vulnerability.

I don't see the point of investing so many points in blood of dreeg and armor of the guardian, as I don't know where any poison damage is coming from.

Put one point in possession, drop the points in mend flesh and put them in lightning strike.

Put a point in grasping vines and one in emboldening roar.
>>
>>127421395
Each threshold of like/dislike gives different things. For dislike, there'll be more of those enemies and of higher tiers (stronger--Nemesis = Nemesis enemies)

And no I don't think you can buddy buddy with most factions. Most of them are laid-out for you except for the two you have to pick between (Death Order/Vigil and other useless faggots, forgot their names)
>>
>>127421436
See >>127421219
Totally not my post btw. ;)
>>
Why couldn't we get TQ2 with fixed masteries and randomized terrain?
>>
>>127421436
Yeah Curse just seems too strong to avoid.

Poison damage was coming from a devotion, but I was mainly using it for the healing, having a tough time going toe to toe but perhaps curse will fix that.

Should I max out curse and vulnerability?

And why the grasping vines?
>>
>>127422327
>Should I max out curse and vulnerability?
Yes, but for now just put a few points in both

>And why the grasping vines?
Grasping vines like Dreeg's evil eye (although you can get an augment for this latter one) can be used to proc devotions like shepard's call and bysmiel's
>>
>>127422658
>>127422327
Careful though curse has higher aggro priority than anything else including pets.

Enjoy getting butt-raped.
>>
>>127422658
Alright thanks for your suggestions, at the moment I have Bysmiel teathered to feral hunger and shepards call to savargry, both seem to be procing ok (considering Bysmiel has a large internal CD).

The only other proc on attk I was looking to grab was howl, I'll see if I cant get an augment so I can swap these around, rather investing a point
>>
>>127383320
Why are they called Roguelike dungeons? There's nothing roguelike about them. They're not even randomized.
>>
>>127422949
im kind of doing that at the moment anyway. I can handle most packs (at Necropolis) but im struggling with some bosses.

I do end up kiting them and getting them down with my pets, in retrospect a more defensive class might be better then shaman.
>>
>>127422949
Some enemies will beeline for you regardless of agro and will ignore your pets completely.
>>
>that devotion shrine in SoT on Elite

This has to be the worst thing ever for lots of classes.
>>
>>127423186
You'll love the one in Ultimate.
>>
I can't wait for the balance patches to roll in an fix Elite and Ultimate. It's a bit absurd how much health monsters have and how much damage they dish out. I finally was able to equip my full set of Legendary armor on my soldier and now don't take way too much damage. I hate to think how bad it is for anyone who doesn't have a shield and lots of armor and resistances.
>>
all the constellations say % chance on attack
what qualifies as an attack in this case?
do spells/AOEs/retaliations count?
>>
>>127423121
Yup. A few come to mind. Those ghost faggots (dunno if they have an actual name) like in SoT they usually go straight for you. A couple Cthonians do it. The tentacle worm/leech things and hulking black armored faggots go straight for you. So retarded.

>>127423083
Pets are terrible at chasing as well. They do like 10% of the DPS if they chase than if they were to just stand still or go from monster to monster.

>>127423186
I'm just about to do it. What are the odds. Time for fun!
>>
>>127420434
Thi is my Conjurer build at 80

http://grimcalc.com/build/DkT92u

Devotions went like this:
+ Crossroads (Ascendant)
+ Crossroads (Eldritch)
+ Shepard's Crook
+ Raven
+ Akeron's Scorpion
+ Rhowhan's Crown
- Crossroads (Eldritch)
+ Crossroads (Chaos)
+ Fiend
+ Bat
- Crossroads (Chaos)
+ Empty Throne
+ Bysmiel's Bonds
+ Crossroads (Order)
+ Assassin's Blade
- Crossroads (Order)
+ Mogdrogen The Wolf

So far ive been literally just standing while my pets demolish everything. Like I did Loghorrean Elite and killed him in 20 seconds, just my Primal Spirit does around 20k dps at max debuffs and buffs. Most of the Devo points have great pet stats and the spells you can all put on your pets as well as one Temp pet from Bysmaiel's Bonds. I got the Savagery relic for a Permanent storm hound pet, Empowered Blightshard Amulet for a permanent riftscourge pet and looking for Og'napesh for a permanent skelly, 6 permanent pets and 2 temp pets. Just grab gear with any pet bonuses while leveling, Forget about Pet life as they will be tanky as fuck as it is. Beast callers set is key, the rest look up on the database for items to suit you.
>>
Im feeling abit unhappy with my Shaman/Arcanist, its good fun chain lightning everything on the screen but i feel squishy and single target is lame. How to fix
>>
>>127423885
What level and build, lightning damage%?
>>
>>127423884
Forgot to say, Shepards call on Noxious Poison Bomb (given by Venom Tipped Ammo), as it will proc it almost 100% of the time. Bysmiel's Bonds on Grasping Vines, and Howl of Mogdrogen on Dreeg Evil Eye. The rest of the keystones can be spread among your pets.
>>
File: Grim Downs.png (3 MB, 2546x1010) Image search: [Google]
Grim Downs.png
3 MB, 2546x1010
>>127423981
Level 25, +56% lightning damage and on the devotion i was going to get points to move over to the Tempest constallation
>>
Just bought this game off steam I have a few questions.

There is no character creator?
Why the fuck is scrap metal so hard to find?
Is the game always this easy or does it get harder?
>>
>>127423440
someone please answer me this is really critical information for how I build characters :(
>>
>>127424209
Toggle Veteran Difficulty on the main screen before starting. Gives you more of a challenge on normal. Also Scrap will come your way later on, I have like 200 scrap
>>
>>127423884
MHM WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703

fag
>>
>>127424272
So when you use a skill that the keystone is bound to, there is a chance that when it hits your keystone will cast.
>>
>>127424394
what's a keystone?
im on my first char atm maybe i just havn't gotten to it
>>
>>127424302
I need scrap for the fucking goddamn 5 scrap quest and I have been searching for at least 30 minutes and have only gotten 3.

Can I change difficulty mid game? I see expert and higher difficulty is locked. Is it in game? Where you must beat normal to unlock higher difficulties like Diablo or just not in game?
>>
Conjurfag here. Did the SoT shrine, was really cool at first. Was amused by the amount of shit that came out. Near the end I thought there a was a trick to the constant spawning of the giants or so. But nope, it's just wave after wave for a while.
>>
>>127424549
Oh and the shrine dropped Ancestor BP. About fucking time I get a pet BP. I swear.
/blog
>>
>>127424481
Alot of Constellations have a Keystone, where you can bind them to spells you already have. For example, I have the Elemental Storm keystone from the Rhowan's Crown Constellation, and have it bound to my Hellhound. So, theres a chance when my hellhound attacks it will cast Elemental Storm on the enemies.
>>
Do you get a free SoT run in each difficulty when you first complete the quest to kill the boss that guards the door? In normal and now in Elite neither time I've had a Skeleton Key and it opens for me first try.
>>
>>127424198
I have a druid with build like this http://grimcalc.com/build/a7KgFu

Fun to play and it's powerful with yellow items
>>
>>127424839
When you kill the boss infront of the door, the quest fromt he Ghost dude gives you a key for a reward as well as the BP.
>>
>>127424839
>>127424923
Well shit.

First time in normal I didn't know it required a key, so I went in the first room and was all "nah I'll do this later" and just now the door closed as soon as I went to town.

I'm not a clever man.
>>
>>127423884
Its a super strong PET ONLY build yes, but I wanted to be hitting up on the front lines with my pets, and somehow make it viable at the same time.

Dont think its doable, spread too thin, I have to either focus on super strong pets and hope they die quickly, or talents that build on defense. I'm level 50 now, my first playthrough, think I'll roll into something that is more focused on one goal instead of several next run.
>>
>>127424893
Where's the damage coming from? Normal auto attacks or the tornado things?
>>
>>127425067
You gotta be focused on one thing, especially in Ultiamte or it'll kick your ass
>>
>>127425072
Tornado left click, lightning totem keyboard and right click is empowered spell that Amber gives. You can craft Amber with blacksmith. Link Tsunami and that lightning devotion to both spells the way you like it
>>
>>127424198
Your problem is the 1 point in Wendigo totem. You should invest more in it. It's pretty much the only real survi a Shaman has.
>>
>>127425379
I got some ideas to mess around with my talent tree, how important is armor though? Im thinking about talents and such that gives like, +8 armor etc
>>
File: sky.jpg (360 KB, 1392x1262) Image search: [Google]
sky.jpg
360 KB, 1392x1262
>>127424198
Starting out with lightning druid is rough unless you get lucky with drops (Stormcaller's effigy, Stormcaller's gem and in your current setup Falcon's claw).

Assuming you are going the full caster route (speccing out of primal strike etc), your build will look like pic related @60 550% lightning.

Make sure you pick Kymon's chosen and get Chosen Skysplitter from them at 35.

Key devotions are: Tsunami, Hawk, Elemental storm, Empty Throne, Viper, Tempest (obviously asap).
>>
>>127425462
Armor is very important, actually, since it mitigates damage instead of giving you a chance to dodge attacks like in Diablo 2. The difference between lots of Armor and low amount of Armor is really like night and day.
>>
File: Soiled Trow.jpg (62 KB, 344x442) Image search: [Google]
Soiled Trow.jpg
62 KB, 344x442
THEY EXIST
>>
>>127425984
http://grimcalc.com/build/gJ9ACy
this is the build im going for so far but I just noticed that destruction gives sigil of consumption more damage so that sigil of consumption would also heal me for more and since it does chaos damage it would get boosted by solael's witchfire and curse of frailty just like all my other dmg, but I have no points for it im wondering if I should take points from some other skill else to max destruction, what do you guys think?
>>
>>127425984
What a load of shit.
>>
File: 1358382051816.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1358382051816.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
>>127426239
>>
>>127426195
woops didn't mean to link your picture though those are some sexy pants
>>
I'm considering buying the game, I was hoping to make a paladin type dude with high survivability etc. Would something like this work at all?
http://grimcalc.com/build/LGF0Sa
Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing, I was going for high health regen and elemental damage
>>
>>127427970
>I have no idea what I'm doing
I can see that.

If you want to build a tanky dude battlemage or commando are both great.

As for the build take a look on the grim dawn forums to get the general idea, because right now you are missing some crucial skills and wasting points in placing you shouldn't. e.g. in arcanist you are missing Maiven's sphere which is absolutely mandatory to have, one l
point in arcane will and nullification. In soldier: field command, squad tactics, warcry (1), blitz (1), oleron's rage are all things you should be looking at.
>>
>>127428565
Not him, but do people actually try to max out field command? I thought it was only a 1 pointer to get to squad tactics which only seems good when maxed out for the +50% total damage. The amount of OA and DA seem minimal and there's better ways to get more armor via gear (and maybe devotion?) without the heavy point investment. The shield skills alone should make you tanky enough.
>>
If i want to make a battlemage, what would be the best build? any suggestions?
>>
>>127428864
Yes I meant to say to put one point in squad tactics as well.
>>
>>127426195
guys pls
>>
Do weapon enchantments from different classes stack? Like, could i combine Solael's Witchfire with Flame Touched?
>>
>>127429195
Why not.
>>
>>127426195
http://grimcalc.com/build/U7GmZN

Here you go. You don't need to invest so much into the tanky skills. It really isn't needed. You get a lot of +Skills from gear, too. +Physical% is useless, no, horrible if you want to do Elemental damage.
>>
>>127428962
I meant should tanks go for 12/12 field command when they already should be using maxed out shield skills?

Also, having 1 point in squad tactics does jack shit imo, +5% dmg and 1% movement speed is not worth the point unless you're maxing it out.
>>
>>127429267
>http://grimcalc.com/build/U7GmZN

Oops. forgot to remove forcewave.
>>
>>127429289
Fuck, I am retarded. I meant one point in field command and maxing squad tactics.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.