[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/domg/ - Dominions General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
Standing on someone's shield while you stab his friends edition

Previous Thread: >>126872330

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is ded.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the pastebin
>Read the memes

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1244612365324.jpg (67 KB, 364x386) Image search: [Google]
1244612365324.jpg
67 KB, 364x386
First for wood poisoning.
>>
File: dominions.jpg (571 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dominions.jpg
571 KB, 1600x900
That's a lot of units...
>>
>>127176273

everything about this post is cringey
>>
Fourth for erf snek, the prophet of erf snek, killing an erf snek, in a province named erf snek, on a map that is a giant erf snek.
>>
>>127176373
what
>>
I took the advice from some dudes here for EA Mic Pretender ........hit me.
>>
>>127176518
Too bad the game isn't called erf snek too.
>>
>>127176584

1. That's not a lot of units.
2. gridsquares/verbose battle reporting in a screenshot
3. the ellipsis
4. filename
5. acting like you know anything about the game when it's obvious you don't
6. SP
7. ugh
>>
>>127176803
#rekt
>>
>>127176803
>7. ugh
You're as big of a faggot as he is.
>>
>>127176896

>pretending you were trolling when you were just being shit

Leave, never come back.
>>
File: EA_Feel_the_Bless.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EA_Feel_the_Bless.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
>>127176663
Forgot pic.....

Also are there any other forums besides Deadura for dominions?
>>
Is anyone trying to start a game?
>>
>>127177029
Yes.
>>
>>127177029
yes
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=domgmagame
>>
>>127177007
Growth 3 > Order 3 if you don't need the gold right away (ie, first 12 turns), and especially for blood nations like Mictlan. Also, why are you going for a blood bless at all if it's not B9?
>>
>>127176896
lel im not the guy who posted the picture you fucking autist. I was just commenting on how utterly #rekt he is now.
>>
>>127176803
there were 800+ units in that battle, that was pretty large for me
>>
>>127177795
>>127176896
>>127176987
>>127176803

Absolutely subhuman. Thanks steamsale.
>>
>>127177991

There aren't 800 units in that screenshot. So, you've totally failed to communicate anything to anyone. Well done.
>>
how does i shoot cumunion magic
>>
>>127176803
Nigga that doesn't matter
What I want to know is why he's managed to research up to getting artifacts but he's still using collosi and few mages
>>
>try out EA ulm
>sacreds are ok, but surprisingly squishy
>get some heroes
>the son of steel is barely better than a generic unit
>mages are shitty
>everything is so squishy
>no good priests

>try playing a random giant nation
>good magic, super powerful units, just cake walk everything

why.jpg
>>
>>127178285
well it was hard to get 800+ units on the screen at once without zooming out to make everything really small

>>127178293
The collosi were left overs from the early game and i wasn't expecting to get hit by such a large army. What units do you think i should have been using?
>>
>>127178432

take order 3 growth 3, research storm demons and staff of storms, then fly around and zap the fuck out of everyone
>>
>>127174896
Nazca can dump sloth to 3 and give zero fucks, much like Mictlan can.
>>
>>127178293

He's playing SP. Big horde of trash units on one side, poorly scripted non mage supported 'units that kill trash units' on the other. Doesn't understand how game works because new, but posting up screenshots to amaze us at his battles with AI xibalba's vast hordes of mermen and ogres.

>>127178297

Because you're new and don't understand how the game works, and you're playing against the AI.

Players wreck giants, and the reason EA Ulm is low tier has nothing to do with it's priests, sacreds, or excellent infantry - it's the path combinations/lack of depth on it's mages that make it hard to use.
>>
>>127178607

But how the fuck do you expand with them?
>>
>>127178432
>What units do you think i should have been using?
Millions of demons and other blood summons
And a lot more mages, seeing as Berytos has really good magic diversity.
>>
>>127178553
>storm demons
>not shed
>not Se'ir
It's like you can't even burritoes.
>>
>>127178774

>can only cast in wastelands

derp
>>
>>127177583
>Growth 3 > Order 3, especially for blood nations like Mictlan
I thought it was the other way around.

Order means less troops patrolling (and less population killed by patrolling). Growth won't replenish the population fast enough to keep up with bloodhunting.

>Also, why are you going for a blood bless at all if it's not B9?
+strength is pretty good for Mictlan's troops.

I don't think it's worth it here though, B5 is more than 3 scales of points.
>>
>>127178737

You use the sacreds, with a bless, or an awake expander. And your expansion is shitty. Nazca is a sub-par nation without multibless supaya spam, at which point it becomes quite good but a one-trick pony exploiting a single broken unit, and one that gets hard-countered after a certain stage in research. And that is super boring to play.

Non-supaya nazca is surprisingly fun. You're a nation of flying skelespam, and other wreckface magic that costs you so much gold and rp to develop that it's rare as hell and might never actually reach the battlefield.
>>
>>127178737
Supaya factory turn 3 :^)
But in all seriousness use your sacreds, they aren't amazong but with a dual bless they give zero fucks.
you are taking a double bless, right? Right??
>>
>>127178906

So fort a fucking wastelands. Bery uses a variety of tactics to lay waste to whatever, and se'ir are an excellent tool in that arsenal. Shed, eh. Shed can take or leave.

Using Bery in SP is like using fine lockpicks to screw in a screw. Sure, they can do it, but why would you.
>>
>>127178906
And? Terrain locking a summon does not make it any less "shits all over everything". It just means you build a fort on a wasteland and you make damn sure you beeline for a wasteland.
>>
>>127179072
>>127179001

Only went with d9 + awesome scales. Maybe should snag d9n9 for tarts, or d9w9 or funsies.
>>
>>127178553
is staff of storms really worth it other than the auto storm? the lightning bolt seems pretty weak

>>127178725
the colossi were set to hold and attack, but they got surrounded before they could move. what would have been better orders?

>>127178758
Why no colossi though? I mean, spamming demons seem like a really easy strategy with any nation that has decent access to blood magic, but is it so good that it invalidates everything else?

What kind of magic do people tend to use? Most of the spells seem to be shitty single target or 1 area spells. Only a few of the spells really stand out because they have decent AOE like false fetters or earth meld. Stuff like armor of achiless seems really shitty.
>>
>>127179125

Ok, so we set out to fort a fucking wastelands. And then it turns out that we don't have any on the map we're playing on. Or there are wastelands, but we're far away from them. Or we do get to the wastelands, but so does someone else, and the province we try to fort becomes a DMZ.

Now do you understand the problems that could arise from relying upon that strategy? Besides, Storm Demons kick ass. You need to reach a certain critical mass with them before they work on their own, but still. They're awesome. Fuck your berserking furries.
>>
>>127179270

>d9n9 for tarts

Yeah, you should definitely take a sub par bless to wait for a possible lategame tactic that requires fuckloads of gems you probably won't have due to a sub par bless. That strategy is one that doesn't get the shit kicked out of you by most people.

The best supaya bless is b9f9. There are arguments for d9f9, and for d9f9n9. But the blood vengeance combined with the +atk turns supayas into blenders and shuts down evo based defenses to their antics. This ensures you'll overrun several nations in midgame, and thus, have the possibility of actually winning before counters to you come online.
>>
>>127179447

Gasp, if there are no wastelands within range or on the map at all, you don't use se'ir. It doesn't mean that 'use se'ir' is bad advice.

Storm demons are an EXCELLENT unit. In a storm. When you have enough of them.

You know when se'ir are a BETTER unit? At all other times. You make se'ir until you can mass-produce storm demons in lategame, and have flying mage support and commanders for a flying demon army.

In the midgame, you are deploying se'ir, making them into marble liquid strong se'ir, or fog flying se'ir, or all of those things, and then you watch the se'ir rip apart literally everything. They have TWO MAGICAL NON ELEMENTAL ATTACKS EACH. It's almost worth taking a bless for them, if the map has actual wastelands on it (as most good maps do).
>>
>>127178928
There's something to be said for order in blood nations, but growth will be more valuable later on when blood nations tend to do better. I think I would rather take G3 and have better income later on and just move to different provinces to bloodhunt instead of worrying about depopulating them.

>>127179323
Colossi aren't great, especially compared to other sacreds in EA, even if they do fine against indies. You're better off buying another mage than another few colossi, but this is the problem with Berytos in that they have bad troops all around. Spamming demons what you do since they are way superior to anything you can recruit (although recruiting chaff to shield your mages is fine, just don't recruit them to do more than that), but it takes a while before you can do it effectively. At the stage of the game you're at, you should have primarily demons and some chaff whilst your diverse and strong mages go to work.
>>
>>127179839

>Gasp, if there are no wastelands within range or on the map at all, you don't use se'ir.

Aaand, guess what that means?

I'll give you a hint: it has something to do with their actual availability.
>>
>>127179447
So fucking trade the nigga for a wasteland.
>>
>>127179976
How do you judge whether a unit is good or bad? Colossi looks like it has decent all round stats and i had a E9/B4 bless so they were pretty tough.
>>
>>127180169

Who the fuck would just give Berytos a wasteland when they have a summon like that? You'd have to be dealing with someone who simply doesn't know about it, and again, you're banking on something that is very unreliable. You can't just assume that your opponent is ignorant.

If I was facing Berytos and saw that they were about to capture a wasteland province, I would stop them. I would not accept anything in exchange for that province. I would force them to fight me for it.
>>
>>127179323

You're playing SP, and you don't really get how the game works at all. Storm stops flyers, and enables first-turn casts of Storm Power, the air boosting spell. If you don't have a Storm Staff, enemy flyers can and will hit you if you are attacking them (first turn defensive advantage) - with a storm staff, they walk along the ground. The lightning bolt effect has nothing to do with anything and you should have your storm staff on a large, powerful unit that is hopefully a mage, in the back, and buffing itself to protect against stray arrows/explosions, so you don't lose your air gem investment.

Colossi are a decent sacred, but not for the price. Without a bless, you should only buy them as bodyguards if you expect assassination on important mages. Even with a bless, you stop buying them fairly quickly and rely on berytos excellent mages to win fights.

Read this: http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/another-magic-primer

and this: http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/basic-magic-a-primer

Mages can teleport in, kill thousands of enemy units, and then go the fuck back home. Mages can summon giants who wade through lesser mages, troops, and whatever to wreck entire armies. Mages can link their shit together and explode entire battlefields, or individually hurl enough fireballs to blot out the sun. Mages can turn 100 shortbows into enough firepower to wipe out 300 armoured troops. Troops become chaff (useless units used as speed bumps) as the game and research progresses, some slower than others. Buffing troops turns them from chaff into actually useful assets, giving them the ability to fly to enemy mages, rout enemy troops, or just not take any losses while killing stuff. Regular humans generally are not worth the time to buff. Demons with buffs will kill literally everything.
>>
>>127180464

>give berytos a wasteland

Yeah, cause every nation beelines for wastelands purely to stop berytos summoning se'ir. If that's how you plan your expansion, my guess is you lose every single game around early midgame.

>if I saw berytos

Okay. So in expansion, you have scouts inside other people's expansion zones, and armies ready to pounce?

>I would force them to fight me for it.

So you've crippled your expansion, marched your armies across the map to 'deny' a wasteland province to berytos, you're lucky enough that that is their ONLY possible wasteland, and now you're forcing them to.. kill your weakened, shitty self in order to get that wasteland plus whatever other land you've managed to get in a truncated expansion? Well, okay.

And if they can't do that for some reason, they now have to gasp, use one of their many other fantastic things to kill people with? And you've still fucked yourself to slightly weaken one of your multiple neighbours?

Theorycraft harder.
>>
>>127180406
It depends, really, but the main thing is that colossi only have one attack and are size three, and don't have anything particuarly good aside from better than average stats. Compare them to Se'ir's, a national summon of Bertyos, which have three attacks each, have more hp, berserker 4 and unbreakable morale. They don't cost anything but blood slaves, which gives you more money to buy more mages (which will actually win you fights). They're not strictly bad considering them by themselves, but Berytos has much better stuff to use once they get a blood economy going.
>>
>>127180945

That post was based upon a specific in-game scenario. Kind of like your obsession with se'ir.
>>
>>127181163
Dude there are at least two people posting about se'ir, probably 3.
And 'hypothetical situations' are gasp! Theorycrafting.
>>
>>127180945
how do you tell what terrain type a province is? pressing i doesnt tell you, mousing over the province doesnt tell you either...
>>
>>127181745
truly, you are the most retarded amongst us
>>
File: here.png (109 KB, 744x218) Image search: [Google]
here.png
109 KB, 744x218
>>127181887
Mouse over the little icon under the province name
>>
Open game......
>>
>>127181009
okay, just found their stats. they seem to have pretty low protection, defence skill and hp...how do you keep them alive?
>>
>>127181745

It's not hard to understand, you dolt. At least not for a normal person with a properly functioning brain.

>If I was facing Berytos and saw that they were about to capture a wasteland province, I would stop them.

Does that sound like I intended to cover the map in scouts, and lock down each and every wasteland as a matter of general strategy? No, genius, it really doesn't. Because that's obviously not what I meant. Since you're having so much difficulty understanding this, I'll explain it to you: I was saying that *IF* I was up against Berytos, and I *HAPPENED* to notice that they were about to take a wasteland, I would stop them because that would give them access to a powerful spell.

Of course I'm not going to base my entire strategy around taking wasteland provinces, just in case one specific nation decided to use one of them to cast one specific spell. Why would you even assume that? It takes a special kind of moron to arrive at that conclusion.
>>
>>127182085
but most provinces have no icon?
>>
>>127181163

I've posted twice. It's either 2 or 3 people who are disagreeing with you here, mate. And saying se'ir are a better buy than storm demons in most circumstances is not controversial, or the sign of an obsession. You're just wrong. Look at the stats of both units. Consider the possible buffs in play. Look at the research/mage turn/slave cost of summoning them.

Have you ever actually played bery? I have played a lot of bery. And you are just incorrect.
>>
>>127181982
Why because I used anon number two's expression? Because I disagree with you? Or because you've lost the argument and are resorting to calling me a retard?
or because GASP se'ir are better than Storm Demons in almost every case, and the few that they aren't Shed are.
>>
>>127182351

The best part is that guy isn't even me.

>*HAPPENED*

Do I even need to refute you, or can you go back to SP on your own
>>
This is why we need IDs.
>>
The bottom line is this: yes, se'ir are nice when you can get them, but you can't bank on getting them if they're only summonable in a single terrain type.
>>
>>127182267
They're not there to stay alive, they murder everything else because they have 6 attacks per square and take buffs extremely well. Having a bunch of flying, ethereal high protection berserking Se'ir running into a front line will murder shit fast. 28 hp isn't exactly bad for a size 3 unit, either. Note that they're sacred as well, so you can take a bless for them if you want to make them more durable or more killy.
>>
>>127182606
I seriously considered putting a name down, but that is not /domg/'s way, nor should it be.
>>
>>127182578

>Do I even need to refute you

Go sharpen your $20 ebay katana or something. You make it sound like I should be afraid of your stupid argument or something, like I'm in some sort of real, physical danger.
>>
>>127182416
Most have no icon, that's just generic terrain. You'll see icons if it's a mountain, swamp, border mountain, wasteland, forest, farm or cave. There's differnt terrain for UW provinces as well.
>>
>>127182831

The bottom line is look at the map, look at the coastal starts, and then consider how likely you will be to snag a wasteland. If it seems likely, bank on it. If it seems maybe, bank a little on it. If it doesn't, just make fiends of darkness or demon knights.
>>
>>127183001

I understand you may have nothing going on m8, but I prefer not to have to write a bunch of words if I don't have to.

Since the bread seems to already get that you're wrong, i'm gonna save my fingers the effort.
>>
>>127178297
Ulm's sacreds aren't good at all, you're supposed to use their troops and buff them.

Their mages are weak individually but really cheap and don't need a fort.

Giants are only mediocre troops (as a general rule, some are better or worse than average). They have good stats but size 4/5 is really bad and they cost a lot.

>>127179976
>just move to different provinces to bloodhunt instead of worrying about depopulating them.
Moving provinces regularly is a sign of poor bloodhunting. Every time you move province you waste a bunch of mage-turns which could have been spent getting more blood slaves or researching.

Besides, Mictlan can (and probably should) bloodhunt every province that's between 4000-8000 population by the time they hit midgame.

>>127182416
That means they're just a generic province with no type. Some provinces can even have 2 types.
>>
Tips on Bandar Log?

Do they want a w9 bless for their tigers? What do they expand well with?
>>
>>127183214

>i'm gonna save my fingers the effort.

Yeah, you'd better do that. Wouldn't want to, uh, break a finger or something from over-typing. Yup.
>>
>>127168087
There actually is a nation like that.
It was kinda like Pangaea in that it had Nature/Earth/Blood paths mainly, and also in that it had lots of freespawn. It had some pretty unique mechanics though.

It didn't have any recruitable troops or mages, but summoned everything with bloodslaves.

Their mages had two forms: an immature, mobile "princess form" (with B1 or something because of negative pathboosts), and a immobile (and permanent) "queen form" with N2B4E2 (I think).

Only the "queen form" produced freespawn and both quality and quantity depended on dominion strength. The freespawn didn't have popkill or anything, but they were size 4, came in the hundreds once you really got your factories going, and didn't have "need not eat", so you couldn't just turtle on them forever because they would starve to death within a year.

Furthermore, once you got Dominion to 10, the very, very slight domkill would slowly begin to outpace even Growth 3.

This all amounted to a very strong reason to spread as fast as you can once you get going, paired with a military that can facilitate that desire.

It was a lot of fun to play around with.
I wish I could remember what it was called ;_;
>>
>>127183251
why is size 4/5 bad? it just means more hp, which seems like a good tradeoff compared to humans that die in one hit.
>>
>>127183251

Moving every few turns is, but i've had good success with straight up depopulation. Saves on the micro, and you get more slaves overall than spread hunting, in the short term. And more slaves = more lands, or staving off an otherwise fatal invasion, so it's generally worth it.

>>127183281

w9 tigers are pretty okay. Mostly people use cascades and various tricks to carry through midgame. Tigers help with the expansion, which can be a bitch otherwise if you get unlucky with elephant use. Either full scales with a touch of prod, or w9, is generally what I see people using. You could probably try an awake expander, too. The problem with the nation is crappy troops and not good enough magic to fully counteract that. Bypassing that problem somehow is often what determines success. Summoned troops is what i'd look at, claymen perhaps.
>>
>>127182848
its just that you can only summon 2 of them per mage right? so you need lots of mages on summoning duty to keep replinishing them, which means mages not in combat...
>>
>>127183652

Less attacks per square. More attacks on each individual giant. Means they get whittled down fast, and their defense stat/shield is weaker. Given that they cost as much as 3-5 humans, it's not a good trade.
>>
>>127183669

Are there blood/death summons worth fucking with or n
>>
>>127183652
Size 4/5 only fits one to a square. Size 2 fits 3 to a square. So a giant gets attacked at least 3 times for every attack it gets on a human. And if the giant has a short weapon, they have to deal with three repel attempts every time they make an attack.
>>
>>127183763

You also need mages on blood hunting to get the slaves for them, troops on patrol to reduce blood hunt unrest (or scouts/commanders shuttling slaves around), mages researching to get spells to cast, mages walking around sitesearching.

Most mages don't spend their time walking around with armies. This is why you have lots of forts and lots of mages.

The main issue with summoning them is that they need a cap-only STR expensive mage on that duty. But later you switch over to cheaper mages with blood boosters if you need those brides in battle.

The thing about se'irim is that you don't need 500 mages in a battle where you have 40 se'irim. You buff them, send them on their way, and watch the carnage. They replace mages needed in battles, and they do so for 4 blood slaves each, and zero upkeep. A low gold cost, compared to the high cost of a Stormcaller.
>>
>>127183763
2 per mage for a low level demon summon is actually quite good. Not to mention they're B1 so your workhorse mages that you need a lot of anyways can summon them.
>>
>>127183930

Their blood summons ARE worth fucking with. Since their summons can blood hunt, and thus create more blood summons, and break them into blood.

The problem is, though, that bandars that go that path tend to die before it produces any results, because they're already a weak nation, and no bless/less gold to spend on cascades or whatever tends to get them eaten before it pays off.
>>
>>127183763
Se'ir are fairly easy to summon, really. The ritual only needs B1 to cast, so you can set a few Berytian priests on it (which are pretty expensive for bloodhunters but aren't going be seeing combat much). It's an easier spell to cast than the summoning rituals that only summon 1 demon at a time. Later on you'll be moving towards the high end demon summoning spells which give you lots of demons per mage turn, so it's not so bad.

>>127183930
Death summons are good if you can afford them, they're extremely good if you can get gift of health and tartarians, which are extremely cheap, strong and durable casters that are a bit insane and usually have afflictions (which is what you need the gift of health for, to heal them so that they can cast spells).

Blood summons are the best in the game, it's the main feature of the school. Unique demons are tough and high level casters, normal demon units are better than almost every other regular unit.
>>
>>127184219
B3a2 is shed.
>>
>>127184426
>>127184219

Whoops, I mixed up Scapegoats with Summon Se'irim. Scapegoats only needs b1, so your little noncap blood mages can cast it, and you give ZERO FUCKS about their time. Compared to needing a cap mage to summon 1/turn of demon knights or fiends of darkness, it's a good deal. A great deal in fact. And the demon knights/fiends are worth summoning if you don't have a wasteland for se'ir. Well worth. Buffed knights/fiends are insanely powerful.
>>
>>127183930
>>127184451
Woops, thought you were talking about them in general.

The monkey blood summons are good if you can get them, but it takes time and effort to get a blood economy going. Dakini especially are great for the price.
>>
>>127183652
Say you put a giant against 3 humans.

The humans have 3 attacks, all of which aim for the giant. Since consecutive attacks reduce defense, the giant will have -2 defense for the second attack and -4 for the third attack. This gets even worse if the humans have more than 1 attack each.

Meanwhile the giant has something like 11 attack against a human's 10 defense. While he's going to kill for sure if he hits, it's only about a 50% chance of hitting and he only gets one chance per turn.

So the giants end up taking ages to kill the humans. During this time they take a lot more hits than their stats would indicate because of the defense reduction from multiple attacks.

>>127183669
>but i've had good success with straight up depopulation
We're in agreement then, I think that's the optimal strategy too.

I just don't think growth 3 will help to alleviate the population loss from that kind of bloodhunting. Order 3 won't help much either, but it will at least reduce the number of patrollers you need by a little.
>>
>>127184862

Neither really helps. They both mitigate it slightly. You take either/both because you want gold to buy more mages to hunt more bloods to make more demons to kill more fools so you can hunt more bloods.
>>
Dom score of 5 is safe with non forted temples right /domg/?
>>
>>127185428

Most people seem to agree that dom 6 is the minimum. Personally, I'd say that you shouldn't go below dom 7. 5 is definitely too low.
>>
>>127185428
That should be safe, though having lots of non-forted temples is a bit risky.

Consider using a bit of preaching to help keep your dominion high and not so many non-forted temples.
>>
>>127187059
the unforted temples at least serve a purpose (terrain specific recruitables which require a temple)
>>
>>127187270
That's fine then.

You better not be talking about flagellants, though
>>
>>127187531
someone already submitted Mari to domgmagame, and flagellants aren't terrain specific.
>>
File: boom.jpg (46 KB, 624x467) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
46 KB, 624x467
Has anybody tried alternate strategies with Abysia? Something besides evospam? They get Prison of Fire at thaum 4, which is basically earth meld, but with fire magic. It binds enemies in place and lets your guys beat them up with impunity. At thaum 5 you get Raging Hearts, a powerful unrest ritual, which has a range of 5 and costs 10 fire gems. In my experience Raging Hearts creates about 50 unrest per casting, so with 3 castings you can reliably shut down mage and troop production in an enemy fort, as well as killing that province's gold income. 30 fire gems to shut down a fort (a fort that could easily be an enemy capital, given the spell's range) is a meagre price to pay for Abysia. Hell, the range on that spell might as well be 6, because at construction 2 you can make a Staff of Flame Focus for 5 fire gems.
>>
>>127187868
Prison of fire looks nice, but it's nearly half the AoE of earth meld (3 vs 5). It's also easier to break out of (morale vs 20 compared to strength vs 22). Worst, thaum doesn't lead to many other useful fire spells, whereas alteration has a wide array of vital earth magic spells.

I've never tried Raging Hearts, but 150 unrest will only shut down an enemy province for a short time if the enemy is smart and starts patrolling away unrest. It could have some use in an extended war, but actually killing their troops and armies is a lot more valuable then preventing them from making more.
>>
>>127183968
but the humans cant hurt the giant anyway due to having way worse stats, while the giant is insta gibbing at least one human per attack.
>>
>>127188725

What about Inner Furnace (ench 5) and Heat from Hell (ench 6)? Both are easily castable with EA Abysia's Anointed of Rhuax, but I can't say how effective they really are. Ench 6 also gives you Eternal Pyre, the fire gemgen.
>>
>>127187868
With MA and LA Abysia, I focus on Ench 4 first. I spam a ton of indie archers, and they wreck face with flaming arrows, which only requires one mage for a big spike in offensive power. And my gold+prod scales means I can field a lot of indie archers. And there is great synergy with my tower shielded fire immune infantry. (also, if I do want more fire, ench 6 gives me great heat-fatigue spells)

Also, it leads into my next tactic, which is antimagic+bloodletting. Bloodletting is easy to spam with a tiny bit of construction (one blood booster+void eye/spell focus), you want construction for bloodhunting as LA abysia, and bloodletting means you can fuck up entire enemy armies that have been preparing for your fire magic instead. Then, for fire magic I spam a ton of fire jars and have anathements raid by summoning fire elementals.
>>
>>127190095
heat from hell is fucking awesome for Abysia
>>
>>127190218

How do you cast those big fire enchantments with LA Abysia's F2 mages? Phoenix Power to boost to F3, then an extra gem?
>>
>>127191109
LA Abysia gets F3 access on anathement dragons, and I'll probably swing by const 6 relatively early on for blood thorns, flaming skulls, and lanterns in any case. I mean, most cap recruitment is warlocks, but you only need 2ish fire mages to cast all the big spells you want, since you probably won't combine inner furnace and flaming arrows anyways, since you don't want to cook your archers.
>>
>>127191543

>anathement dragons

Right, I forgot about their random paths. As for Inner Furnace/Heat from Hell, when would you use them if buffed indie archers are such a big part of your strategy?
>>
>>127191893
Later on. One of the smarter things to do in dominions is to rotate strategies. Flaming arrows is a great early-midgame strategy, but by the time people start to hit research 6 a number of counters come online. It's still helpful, but not something to lean on. So you want to rotate in other strategies so they don't know what to expect. Heat from hell/impspam/innerfurnace is a great combo to switch in. (not only will imps tie enemies up to give heat from hell longer to work, but inner furnace will affect previously summoned imps).
>>
>>127192248
Also, I'm going to add an additonal note:

People who keep using their midgame strategies for longer than a single war, and don't have something new within 10 turns of deploying their last trick are asking to get their asses kicked. It's one of the biggest issues I see mediocre players struggle with.
>>
Why is blood so much better than conjuration.

There is literally no reason to go conjuration if you have access to blood because blood summons are so much better. Assuming you dont need the weird utility spells in conjuration (which should be in other schools anyway)
>>
>>127193143
>why is blood better
dunno
>no reason to go to conjuration if you have access to blood

now you're just saying stupid things. One fundamental reason is that you can't spend all the gems you're accumulating on blood summons, but you can spend them on Living Foo, Elemental Royalty, Tarts, Summon Foo Elemental, Ivy Kings (for that mass regen buff), etc, etc, etc. Blood is generally a better spell, but that doesn't mean there is no reason to go to conj, since that is a better source of mages and lets you use more resources.
>>
>>127184862
thats what armor is for, so that the puny humans can't hurt your giants. And if you stack a fire bless, you won't have any problems hitting.

Also 3x humans per square is a huge disadvantage when enemy mages are throwing those 1 AOE spells that can't hurt giants but kill humans in 1-2 hits.
>>
>>127193143
Unlike gems, which just passively accumulate once you've found some sites, you need to sacrifice mage turns and potential gold income in order to acquire blood slaves. It's a bigger investment but has a bigger return.
>>
>this fucking admin
This is why we can't have nice things.
I'm considering going AI, but I'm gonna miss having half the artifact list.
>>
>>127194331
I sent you the gems I knew you needed and some gold, since you'll probably feel AI skele dick.
invest in EQ is all I can say, and sorry.
>>
Agartha a-are you okay?
>>
>>127195684
>tfw two of your neighbors are diplomonsters
shit which one do I kill?
>>
>>127198805
the one with late game
>>
Skeleposter come back!
>>
i like how some autistic kid got mad at a guy for posting a screenshot that wasnt up to his standards and not knowing everything about the game.
>>
Do damage sustained and fatigue gained persist between a magic phase battle and an actual battle?
>>
>>127199184
I never left!
>>
>>127187868

I often spam fire elementals as abysia. It helps. A lot. As does devil raid groups. MA gets flying demonleaders.

Bloodletting + Antimagic is another tactic that helps.

Fire elementals are better though, because you can do it with anathemant salamanders. Bloodletting needs a small pile of warlocks.
>>
>>127189121

you should test this theory by joining mp as a giant nation. I'm sure you'll be proved right.

>>127190095

Heat From Hell and Firestorm are both okay, but they don't end fights very fast, and abysia lacks chaff generation. Even losing 50 humanbreds is painful, because those are 13g a pop.
>>
>>127189121
EA Ulm and EA TC devour giants as a past time, and EA Vanheim, while not humans per se, make an all you can eat buffet out of them.
>>
>>127203243

Watching jaguars consume giants like a delicious meal is fantastic. Anakites evaporating like dew in the morning under the gentle caress of Arcoscephalian acid and magma casters is the aperitif served with the wine course. Niefel giants burning like twigs under the relentless fireball hail of advancing abysian artillery is the sweet scent of your girlfriend's perfume. Fomorian infantry falling beneath the hacking axes of TNN firbolg infantry is like the after-dinner mint - odd, a bit old-fashioned, but weirdly appropriate.
>>
>LITERALLY NOT A SINGLE RACE OF POLAR BEARS

WHAT
THE
FUCK
DOMG
>>
>>127203592

LA Atlantis is the inuit nation, they have a undead bird bear fish thing. The tupilak.
>>
>>127203592
>Tfw no dog race
>Tfw no cat race
>Tfw no horse race
>Tfw no Swedish race
>>
>>127203786

Vanheim

beautiful long golden haired elvish swedes riding fay horses and being better than everyone at everything
>>
276 is not ocean type terrain, despite being sea coloured, etc.
>>
Any games need another player? Noob here.
>>
>>127204679
I think Counter Strike could use another player. Or League of Legends if you're into MOBAs.
>>
>>127204679
admin mentioned banning ermor.
>>
>>127204679
Noob to, although I played a few hours of SP
and lurked here for a month.
Here's an MP game with six more slots MA. Also you know basic MP stuff right ?

>>
>>127204830
Anything else admin mentioned?
>>
>>127204947
that you can bitch about the mods + map if you'd like.
>>
>>127193505
>thats what armor is for, so that the puny humans can't hurt your giants.
Good troops will hurt your giants through the armor, especially as they get tried from fighting in heavy armor.

Smart players put buffs on their troops and/or cast destroy armor to make it even worse for your giants.

>And if you stack a fire bless, you won't have any problems hitting.
Your cap-only sacreds might not have any issues, but the rest of your army still will.

>Also 3x humans per square is a huge disadvantage when enemy mages are throwing those 1 AOE spells that can't hurt giants but kill humans in 1-2 hits.
Giants do make better chaff, but when you want good troops rather than a big sack of HP you go elsewhere.
>>
>>127177149
Is Ermor banned in this one or n?
>>
>>127205313

Pretty sure that guy is trolling.

>>127204873
>>127204679

Maybe there should be another noobs game. Not that they are very good, best way to learn is to watch people better than you turn you into a thin slurry.

>>127204828

Underrated post.
>>
Is it common practice too sell map info MP and how does trade working (gems and items)?
>>
>>127205458
they're the same game.
>>127205585
people might pay for it if they're desperate but it's not common. gems are usually 1:1 items you'll usually overpay for (by a lot if it's a booster)
>>
>>127204873
Yeah, I know the basics. So do I just send the pretender in? Or do I need to contact the admin first?
>>
>>127205941
Just send it in .......who are you playing as btw?
>>127205880
But how do you transfer items/gems between to players I don't see any trade interface
>>
>>127206138
Send message should have an option to send gems/items. Each player sends the agreed items/gems to the other.
>>
>>127206138
>send messages
>send gems
>send items
you'll have to communicate your needs though.
>>
>>127206138
Abyssia. I'm going to lose, but oh well.
>>
>>127206361
>>127206315
Thanks for being so helpfull
>>127206419
Don't be so pessimistic look up so some guides and advice your should be fine .
I'm ulm btw.
>>
>>127206829
I'll look up some but again, I've only played Ulm and Ermor extensively and this is my first mp. I know I'm going to lose, but I'm gonna have fun with it.
>>
Does a trampler with heroic quickness trample more?
>>
It seems C'tis is really negative about Abysia after all.
>>
>>127208825
Yes, but also got tired more quick.
>>
Oh man agartha, I wasn't aware your cap circle was this close.

Well what is done is done.
>>
File: Splatterroad the trampler.png (406 KB, 748x462) Image search: [Google]
Splatterroad the trampler.png
406 KB, 748x462
>>127209091
Bueno
>>
>>127209447

Dude's gonna die. Needs two shields, reinvig, amulet of giants, armour, if you're going to actually try to trample stuff with him.
>>
I just want to hide behind over 9000 skeletons.

Can i hide behind over 9000 skeletons?
>>
>>127211848
Pls respond.

Wont buy unless i can hide behind over 9000 skeletons
>>
>>127210773
I picked up this stuff randomly, This would work if it's still early game right?
>>
File: let me tell you about ermor.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
let me tell you about ermor.jpg
457 KB, 1920x1028
>>127211848
>>127212146
This is a slow general, don't be impatient.

Yes, you can hide behind many skeletons.
>>
File: ermor.jpg (381 KB, 1346x722) Image search: [Google]
ermor.jpg
381 KB, 1346x722
>>127212146
Yes, although there are plenty of spells that can blow them all up
>>
>>127212332
JESUS CHRIST HOW TERRIFYING
>>
File: awe 6.png (1 MB, 1040x806) Image search: [Google]
awe 6.png
1 MB, 1040x806
>>127212146
MA ermor gets endless skeletons

>>127212312
Forgot my picture, awe 6 total
>>
>>127212332
Then i shall grind my enemys to dust with an endless horde of skeletons.

>gotta wait to download when i get off work.
>>
>>127212431
Awe doesn't work against arrows or spells.
>>
>>127212365
Good, from their ashes only more skeletons will replace them, endless tide of white death.

>will look at the faq later, needed a new game and strategy was next on my list.
>>
File: 1451639646496.png (487 KB, 800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1451639646496.png
487 KB, 800x1800
>When you tell someone they're gonna have a bad time but they attack you anyway
>>
ded
>>
>>127216541
game
>>
Atlantis 2h file received
Shinuyama 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Jotunheim 2h file received
Nazca 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
Pythium 2h file received
Ulm Waiting for 2h file
Vanheim 2h file received
>>
File: 1451478011331.jpg (32 KB, 330x226) Image search: [Google]
1451478011331.jpg
32 KB, 330x226
>>127218121

Atlantis Waiting for 2h file
Shinuyama Waiting for 2h file
C'tis Waiting for 2h file
Ermor Waiting for 2h file
Ashdod Waiting for 2h file
Jotunheim Waiting for 2h file
Nazca Waiting for 2h file
Pelagia Waiting for 2h file
Pythium Waiting for 2h file
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim Waiting for 2h file
>>
>>127204947
>>127204830

actual admin here. don't give a fuck if you sign up as ermor, nor have i ever made any posts even hinting to that.

feel free to bitch about mods/maps.
>>
>>127218729
Glad you woke up and did your turn Ulm.
>>
Any good mod for conquest of Elysium 4?
>>
File: Untitled.png (429 KB, 653x554) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
429 KB, 653x554
How is this for an MA Caelum pretender? Can summon all national summons, given some gear that he can craft himself.
>>
>>127223243
Whoops, I just realized it needs only F2
>>
So, this game has been in my inventory since i think 2015 Spring Sale, and i have finally installed it now.

What am i in for exactly?
>>
>>127223927
Autism.
>>
>>127223243
Why magic 3 instead of luck 3? cealum doesn't really need research that bad, their labrats are super cheap.

If you can get water 4 fire 4, you can craft elemental staffs, great boosters
>>
File: Untitled.png (428 KB, 646x553) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
428 KB, 646x553
>>127224085
All of Caelum's good summons are at high levels of research, and the summons themselves need high research to be utilized properly. In my opinion they're definitely a lategame nation, and Research 3 helps them reach this a little sooner.
>>
>>127219724
Are story events turned on in your game?
>>
File: Untitled.png (483 KB, 650x561) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
483 KB, 650x561
>>127224085
Better? A water bracelet'll bring W to 4
>>
>>127224525
That seems good.
>>
>>127223243
I don't think aiming for all national summons is necessary at all.

Get something which can summon the F/D summons, those are the only ones you can't really get without your pretender.

Ahurani are available from a High Seraph with the +S helmet.

There are a variety of methods you can use to boost your astral magic for Yazads/Spentas.
>>
>>127193331
you can spend gems on items instead.

blood slaves are so easy to farm compared to site searching which takes forever.
>>
>>127193546
you need to spend mage turns site searching anyway, and it takes a LOT longer.
>>
>>127203854
why are vanheim and helheim so similar
>>
Well, this is a surprise, I hope half awake me sent in a decent pretender at least...
>>
>>127227142
>>127227268
Site searching uses different mages and produces different resources than bloodhunting.
>>
>>127227820
Scandinavian favoritism.

There's literally no reason why Vanheim and Helheim couldn't have been one nation other than Shillwinter wanting to have even more nations based on Scandinavian mythology.
>>
>>127204830
>using a massively outdated version of worthy heroes

why.jpg
>>
>>127205313
>Good troops will hurt your giants through the armor, especially as they get tried from fighting in heavy armor.

In most games, giants can wear much tougher armor and get tired less quickly because of their massively increased strength. Also a human sized sword doesn't do much when poking a giant the size of a mountain.

But doms doesn't have this for some reason.
>>
God damn it TC, your god couldn't have waited just one more turn could he?
>>
>>127219724
Sorry thought this: >>127149632
Was part of your post for the game for some strange reason.
>>
>>127227925
site searching is slower, that was my point
>>
When you guys imagine an astral/blood/death nation of not-elves what do you imagine for theme?

Anything in particular?
>>
File: 1445473151406.gif (203 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1445473151406.gif
203 KB, 600x338
>>127230583
Tremble before the bigass statue! Or at the very least, be mildly inconvenienced by it!

I can't actually see what's going on there though. Is it sieging the fort?
>>
>>127230704
Since you use different mages for one and the other, they're not in competition, so its a useless point. Your WSD mage doesn't care that bloodhunting is faster (over the short term) because he can't bloodhunt. But he can sitesearch, and once he finds ~3 sites he'll produce a greater passive income than the same number of bloodhunters.
>>
>>127224525
You could instead just drop F to 3 and either keep W at 3 or drop it to 2, since caelum has no native priests, and using fravashi to preach is naughty. (Flame helm +water robe +bracelet makes an f3w2 f4w4 you could also throw a flaming skull in if you only wanted F2)
>>
>>127230972
Yeah but I have no means of getting a flame helmet without getting F4
>>
>>127230953
Yes, its sieging the fort. Not really hurting much, since the indy statue will never storm the castle, and my units will never starve, but he is costing me something near 100gp per turn by reducing the income of the Province.

Not important enough to divert actual troops to deal with it though. Probably just gonna see how many Mind Hunts it takes to get to the center of a statue for funsies.
>>
>>127230886
my first thought was Aztecs, but Mictlan already does that, maybe some kind of steppe nomads? They could sort of fit that range and are criminally underused by the setting. Make it an EA/MA race to fit into them conquering TC in the LA
>>
>>127230886
A star gazing race that lets their spirit leave their body in order to explore the stars.

They want to go ever further traveling, for that use blood magic to extend their lives to the furthers, and death magic to keep at it once their body fails.

Allows astral summoning of ayys and whatnot.
>>
>>127230886
I usually think of Gath, which has Astral/Blood/Death/Earth/Fire

Sometimes I think of LA Abysia, though. They've got blood/astral/fire/death.

Of course, Bogarus is all about dat astral/blood/death.
>>
>>127230886
A nation of not-elves that have been corrupted by blood thirsty undead astral beings that raid other races for torture slaves.
>>
>>127230970
yes, but research uses the same resources, why devote RPs to conjuration when you have blood which allows you to easily spam better summons, at a much faster rate than conjuration can?
>>
>>127231954
because you get different units and use your other magical resources. If you can summon elemental royalty, for instance, you can probably get a higher level caster than what you used to summon it (assuming that you can transfer the boosters over). For blood in particular, if your nation doesn't have units that are good at leading demons, then summoning a Bane, Bane Lord, or Mound King to ferry your demons about can be very useful. There are many examples of where summoning something with gems just does stuff that summoning things with blood slaves can't do as well.
>>
File: dominions2.jpg (310 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dominions2.jpg
310 KB, 1600x900
I'm guessing this is a hero that worthy heroes added. Why don't his weapons gain bonus damge from strength?
>>
>>127234419
Lugh is a base hero and one of the main comparisons for power level that worthy heroes tries to make most heroes.
Cause they're magical nonsense, I dunno.
>>
>>127235047
how do you mod his weapons to use strength?
>>
>>127234419
Because one is a magical sling and the other is a flying spear that fights on its own
>>
>Have a mage that is N4
>can craft thistle mace to boost to N5
>Need N6 to craft the treelord staff or cast gift of health

Any ideas on how to boost it to N6? I'm playing EA tir na og.
>>
>>127236292
Moonvine Bracelet
>>
>>127236086
Well it has the #nostr tag, so that'd have to be removed. I'm not a modder so I am not sure how.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to do something clumsy like remake/clone Lugh and give him a remade Gae Assail without #nostr, to be honest.
>>
Is the desura forum broken? I cant sign up because it claims im already registered, but at the same time i cant do a password reset (never get the email) or sign in with any of their options.
>>
>>127236292
Break into blood and make the Armour of twisting Thorns
>>
Midget's revenge says that it gives you enlargement but your max size is 1? what does that mean?
>>
>>127237851
Desura is bankrupt, so yes, it's broken
None of their email functions work for shit, and I won't be surprised if the entire site goes down relatively soon.

IIRC their sever bills are due on the 4th (?) and they have no money, so who knows what'll happen then. Maybe the entire site goes down? I dunno.
>>
>>127238018
You have to be size 1 when you initially put it on, and Enlargement makes you bigger.
Once you were tiny, now you're normal-sized! But no normal size becoming huge, etc.
>>
>>127236613
>>127237578
But tir na og has no access to astral or blood?
>>
>>127238423
What good melee commanders are size 1?
>>
>>127234419
he's not actually wielding the spear, it's flying around and attacking on it's own.
So you keep it even if you equip him with crafted gear.
>>
>>127239052
Mages slapped by gnomes.
>>
>>127239141
weird, why is that not mentioned ingame?
>>
>>127239803
did you look at the sprite? And how it's clearly not held by anything?
And how it's mentioned as being awakened?
>>
File: Dominions fan art.png (227 KB, 1012x800) Image search: [Google]
Dominions fan art.png
227 KB, 1012x800
ded
>>
>>127240054
It's not very clear, the description should have said it was a flying spear.

For all i knew the spear was just there to show it had a spear and he could switch to it in melee.
>>
>>127242301
That's really good.
>>
>>127243135
I didn't make it, some other anon posted it a while back.
>>
How do you see how many units are defending a castle?

How do you tell what units a province can recruit, without going into the recruit screen? It looks like some provinces have special native units that can be recruited, but how do you tell without conquering them first? Is there a way to tell what kind of natives a province has before attacking it?

What kind of units are best to use as a prophet?
>>
>>127244018
>How do you see how many units are defending a castle?
Send in one unit (like a scout or something) to attack.

>How do you tell what units a province can recruit, without going into the recruit screen? It looks like some provinces have special native units that can be recruited, but how do you tell without conquering them first? Is there a way to tell what kind of natives a province has before attacking it?
Usually, the type of units that are defending a neutral province before you take it are the same type of units you can recruit from that province. For example, a province guarded by lizards will almost certainly have recruitable Shamans.

>What kind of units are best to use as a prophet?
It depends. You can prophet a scout for stealth preaching, a flying unit for additional mobility (useful for capping thrones), a good commander so he can lead lots of sacreds and bless them, an undead unit so he can animate skeletons, etc. The sky is the limit.
>>
>>127244018
Usually an expensive mage (no upkeep), an H3 priest if you want H4, or a highly mobile commander (sailing, flying, etc)
>>
>>127245685
Or a undead for free skellingtons.
>>
What's the special thing with armor encumbrance for cavalry, again?
Or is there nothing and I am retarded
>>
>>127249142
Barding penalty
Useless horse armor basically
>>
Hey I thought Ermor was banned in the domgmagame game?
>>
>>127251543
Well we had one guy claim to be admin and said it was (I think), and then another claimed the same thing and said it was fine.
>>
What's the reason for Mictlan having a dying dominion/temples-dont-spread
Is it just to counter/offset their H3 priests with bloodsaccing?
>>
>>127245019
i meant, how do you see what units are defending a castle before the gates are breached?
>>
>>127245685
when is it good to go H4?

The HP bonus from being a prophet seems most useful if you have a SC, but at the same time you want a H3 prophet (if you dont have access to H3 normally) to bless sacreds (assuming you are using them).
>>
How much fatigue do you incur per melee attack? The fatigue menu doesnt say for some reason.

And is the defence penalty per attack from one squad, or per attack in one round? E.G. If 10 mooks in 4 squares attack your SC, does he get a defence penalty of -20 or -4?
>>
File: dominions.jpg (281 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dominions.jpg
281 KB, 1600x900
Would this qualify as a SC?
>>
>>127255880

No, it would qualify as 'dies to two mages'
>>
>>127255880
Tarrasques are newbie baits.
>>
>>127252698
Their god has a prayer intolerant diet
>>
File: 1407665697243.png (712 KB, 919x550) Image search: [Google]
1407665697243.png
712 KB, 919x550
Oh hey guys, didn't see you there.
>>
>>127256032

I wish the Dom Tarrasque was as OP as the D&D one
>>
>>127255880
Looks like a really fancy Evo catcher. Use it over Vine Ogres if you want to show off your high levels of research I guess.
>>
File: 1405146971020.png (94 KB, 288x326) Image search: [Google]
1405146971020.png
94 KB, 288x326
>>
>>127252698
thematic balancing
their god tier sacreds encourage you to have a high as shit dom score and build temples everywhere so they make you have to blood sac to not get easy dominion supremacy.

plus the Aztecs are what everyone thinks of when they think of blood sacrifice anyway
>>
>>127257549
The Dom Tarrasque is as OP as the DnD one, which is trivialized by competent level 5 wizards, and with any halfway intelligent level 7 wizard. Killing it can be a bit tricky, sure, but disabling it isn't tough.

The fighter gets fucked, of course, but that's par the course.
>>
>>127258185
>which is trivialized by competent level 5 wizards

uwotm8
>>
>>127258558
Misjudged the level of the spell that summons Allips. Level 5 wizards can only casually escape from the Tarrasque (Fly). 7th level is actually needed to deal with it, unless you count items . . . which I'm not.

In DnD, if the monster doesn't have spells or spell-likes, chances are it isn't spooky, no matter what its base stats say.
>>
>>127255974
why? its got lots of hp and 20% regen.
>>
>>127259136
what edition is that? Isn't the 3rd or 4th edition Tarrasque not even killable unless you destroy its body and then wish it away?
>>
>>127259964
The edition for the example I gave is 3.5, in which a 7th level wizard can defeat it with 2 spells (Fly and Summon Allip). This leaves the Tarrasque incap'd for as long as that wizard is around, though the wizard can't actually kill it, because he needs Wish.
Best solution at that point is the Patrick Star solution of push it somewhere else, which given it weighs a little more than 1/2 lady liberty, isn't impossible, but isn't easy either.

Not sure about 4th, but the 5th edition tarrasque is pathetic. No regen, no wish needed to remove, literally dies to hordes of archers because crits don't even need to be confirmed. I am disappoint WoTC, I am disappoint. Would take the Dom Tarrasque over the shitty 5th edition one any day.
>>
File: stonehead.jpg (104 KB, 313x312) Image search: [Google]
stonehead.jpg
104 KB, 313x312
>>127259964
>Haven't played since Dom 4 came out
What does wish do apart from get you gems?
>>
>>127260763
The salty tears of Pan when you wish for the end of the world.
>>
>>127260763
Wish in D&D gives you whatever the DM says it will I'm pretty sure
>>
>>127259796

It also losses consciousness really fast and then can be critted to death by militia.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.