[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: hdvPIOM.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hdvPIOM.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
Waifu Creator When Edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship & module discounts
Go to https://eddb.io/station
Set power to Li-Yon Rui
Set reference system to your current location
Set Station sells ship/module to what you need
Find Stations
Enjoy 15% discount

>Test your ships before you buy:
http://www.edshipyard.com/
http://coriolis.io/

Previous thread >>126734082
>>
vision bump
>>
>Waifu Creator When
Bald waifus only
>>
Anyone find a system with RES near Cherets for the goal?
>>
Someone in Gende? Want to make some shekel.
>>
A friend of mine is planning on starting this game. I warned him, but he's ignoring me. I quit playing about the time their "big ground breaking POWERPLAY" did fucking nothing.

Can we transfer credits yet? He just wants to explore the void and I'd like to transfer him a few million so that he can just buy an Asp without having to waste time on the grind.
>>
>>126960692
No. Only thing you can do is give him your cargo.
Or just go with him into a hazres and grind a few millions.
>>
>>126960692
This >>126960830 there's not much you can do.
>>
>>126960830
Thanks for the quick response. It is disappointing that we still need to make due with the work around that we had in the beta when we all assumed "we'll have grouping soon. Trading credits/supplies is basic 101 stuff."

Have their been any major improvements since powerplay? Or is it just worthless crap and ship padding by making new variants of old ships?

I still have a dim ember of hope for the game. It just feels like they have a good skeleton that has the potential to be fleshed out really well. I see that horizons is out, but driving around lifeless dust-balls in a dune-buggy seems really underwhelming. Especially since steam is telling me that fucking Space Engineers has planetary landings on earth-like planets now.

Fuck the Brabenvision, and fuck the Forumdads and their Cobras.
>>
god damn it takes forever to find and kill 13 pirates
haven't found any good no-ammo ship weapons yet either so I'm using the starter gear and end up having 5min long fights
>>
File: top snek.png (452 KB, 1000x1102) Image search: [Google]
top snek.png
452 KB, 1000x1102
>>126963292
What ship are you flying
>>
>>126961695
>Or is it just worthless crap and ship padding by making new variants of old ships?
Unfortunately it's this. Horizons added absolutely nothing to spice up the game play, crafting is just another grind for negligible benefits, and landing on planets offers little of interest after the wow factor of doing it wears off.
>>
>>126963662
sidewinder, starting ship
I'm still pretty new and just learning through playing
I know about that one website that would let me track down parts upgrades

I think I'm liking combat way more than the trading game, though. any recommendations on ships/weapons to aim for?
>>
>>126964414
On my Vulture I stick to beam lasers and those do good enough when I go to combat.
For ships depends on what you want but I went from sidewinder to adder then cobra 3, those work for multirole well enough, but if you want to stick to combat I would say get an Eagle, then a Viper.
>>
File: 1431312864376.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1431312864376.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>doing space trucking
>exist supercruise to my destination
>suddenly some hitman drops in claiming I failed to accomplish a mission and starts shooting at me
>station instantly return fire
>blown to bits in seconds
>>
>mfw 26km/s normal space speed and 1,000%+ heat.
>>
>>126966972
How
>>
so no one in gende for an asskicking?
>>
>>126969090
Fly above planet, flight assist on, full speed ahead, hold vertical thrust, aim negative 20-25 degrees until you see your speed rising, pic related.
>>
>>126964669
just found an eagle port right now
hopefully that will speed up my pirate hunting
>>
>>126971450
uh fuck how does this work
buying a new ship + part exchange on old shipt is

total: -172,536

does that mean I gain 172k cr or does that mean I have to pay that much to transfer my shit?
should I just store my sidewinder then?
>>
>>126972145
Negative means they're paying you the difference.
>>
>>126972145
you get 172k cred for the deal. But you're taking 10% off the sale. If you strip modules first you only pay 10% for hull. Best strip them modules boy.
>>
>>126972262
>>126972356
so there's no way to keep what I bought for the SW and put on the eagle?
>>
>>126972454
Nope, the VISION does not allow part swapping yet. Once you buy it you just get default shitty gear and you'll have to kit it out.
>>
>>126972454
If you sell the modules, then sell the ship, then go straight to outfitting, you can rebuy your modules. If the game exits after you sell modules, or launch dock then you cant buy them back.
>>
>>126972454
Unfortunately not.

Luckily selling modules off a ship gives you 100% of the cost back so you're not losing anything.

You only lose 10% of the cost of the ship itself+remaining modules when you sell the ship.
>>
>>126972556
>>126972576
>>126972597
was only able to sell some modules but it looks like the eagle default weapons were better than what I had

related note: what is the general's opinion on gimballed vs turret mounts? fixed seems like a bad idea for a variety of reasons. never tried a turret weapon out yet, I'm worry it might be too confusing to aim while flying
>>
>>126973212
Gimballed auto-aims in front of the ship, and does 70% of the fixed version's damage.

Turret can hit everything around the ship, as long as your ship isn't in the way (can't shoot through yourself), and does 20% of the fixed version's damage.
>>
>>126973212
Fixed for pvp, gimballed for pve, turrets aren't worth it unless they are large.

Gimballed burst is best imo.
>>
>>126973212
Turrets are garbage.
Gimbal are normal if you're just lazily fighting pve stuff
Fixed are for 1v1 me bro pvpers who aren't using multi-cannons and class for plasma accelerators.
>>
>>126973496
Turrets are completely automated, btw. They auto aim, and auto fire.
>>
>>126973212
Only get turrets if you have a huge ship with a lot of hardpoints to harass little nimble faggots in eagles.
>>
>>126973657
Currently turrets don't work like that in FAW mode. They behave exactly like target only mode on a Cutter/Corvette.

They won't track or fire at all unless you hold down their fire group bind and the turrets with no firing solution on anything will randomly either: fire forward as if you had them set to fixed mode, fire for 2s randomly and try to seek a target (that it can't find because it's on the other side of the ship) and they get stuck not shooting again until you release the bind, or they just don't fire at all.

I have no idea what they're doing over at ftroop.

On top of that only class 3 beam turrets do any damage at all. The rest are a total joke.
>>
>>126973572
why is gimballed burst best?

I thought beam was the best gimball
>>
>>126976268
They're not, they're literally the worst kind of laser in the game.
>>
>>126974193
come on man, this is ftroop we are talking about. they couldnt code thier way into or out of a paperbag and the unpaid intern is fed up with brabo visions constant bullshit
>>
>>126976268
Beam does high dps, but drains cap too fast and does worst damage to hull of the lasers.
Pulse does low dps, but shoots one pulse and has best effiiency. It has low penetration of armor but better than beam.
Burst shoots multiple pulses, that do more hull damage than either beam or pulse. They drain cap at just the right amount for me.

Just my experience with the different laser weapons. I prefer burst over pulse, and pulse over beam. Beams drop shields faster but are too weak against hull and drain cap too fast.
>>
File: burstvsbeamvspulse.png (15 KB, 316x205) Image search: [Google]
burstvsbeamvspulse.png
15 KB, 316x205
>>126977005
>burst is the worst
no my friend..
>>
File: 1451335098407.png (120 KB, 611x1103) Image search: [Google]
1451335098407.png
120 KB, 611x1103
>>126976268
Gimbled burst isn't bad, but it's not as good as the fixed variants.

What I use depends on the ship I'm flying. Vulture, it's either Dual Pulses, or a Beam and Cannon.

For my FAS, I put multicannons in the medium spot, and I'm experimenting with the large slots at the moment. Beam drained the capacitor really quickly, but made me overheat even quicker, but had very nice damage while they were firing. Pulses couldn't even drain the capacitor faster than it recharged, and the damage seemed very low. I'm about to try Burst.
>>
>>126979941
Why didn't they test C2 gimballed burst? Because it's too awesome they didn't want it nerfed obviously.
>>
>>126980308
Because at the time that test was done they didn't exist.
>>
>>126979241
>Burst shoots multiple pulses, that do more hull damage than either beam or pulse.
Ayyy i'm gonna need some stats on that otherwise I call bullshit.
>>
File: burstvsbeam.jpg (129 KB, 912x598) Image search: [Google]
burstvsbeam.jpg
129 KB, 912x598
>>126980831
This is old as shit but likely hasn't changed. You can shoot with beams for maybe 5-10 seconds before running out of cap because it just drains too fast. Pic related you do 23%-46% damage.
Fire burst however you can fire for 15-20 seconds easy. You end up doing 57% - 76% damage.

The amount of time on target is important. Not to mention you use less cap in wep so you have more to spare for micromanaging shields and engines.

It's just a more pleasant experience than beams, which make you overheat. Don't overheat with burst. Have you even tried it recently?
>>
pirate hunter reporting in again
how am I supposed to deal with the big packs that have envoys? just avoid engaging while solo or is there a way to recruit AI to help out?
>>
>>126981878
Get a friend
Or a ship that can melt small shits in seconds
>>
>>126982458
avoiding makes the most sense then
any tips for evading them when I pop in to an unwinnable fight like that?
>>
>>126939327
>Sometimes they're in a wing with an anaconda or at least FDL/Pythons, but there are so many shit ships that take 6s of gunfire to destroy that will interdict you.

I chain interdict bigger ships using a max boost Cobra Mk3 for shiggles. Especially if it's one of the tryhards/edgelords from the frontier forum.

I'll just comm HONK HONK while boosting away, then follow them if they go back to SC and interdict again.
>>
>>126973212
>was only able to sell some modules

You can't straight up sell vital components like the power plant, but you could have downgraded them to the cheapest model to get back your upgrade money.

Stripping a ship as much as possible before selling the hull is recommended because modules sold in outfitting return 100% of their value but if you sell the whole ship any modules onboard sell at 90%.

eg: Have class A part worth 120,000, downgrade to class E part worth 600. You get back 119,400. Sell ship, get 540 for the class E you swapped in. Total recoup: 119,940. Total loss of 60cr.
vs
Have class A part worth 120,000. Sell ship, get back 108,000 on the part. Total loss of 12,000cr.
>>
>>126984620
who cares?

>using exploits
>>
>>126984871
>implying this is an exploit
>implying it isn't a flaw in the VISION

dad please
>>
>>126981512
>Class 3 Gimballed Multicannon
This doesn't even exist
>>
>>126985127
Class 4 versions of most of those weapons don't exist either.
>>
>>126984871

Not even an exploit. Frontier was going to make modules sell for 90% at one point but then backed off after complaints that this would cripple the ability to tweak your loadout in the face of ever-changing meta.

They are fully aware that modules sell for 100% in outfitting. It's like that on purpose.
>>
>>126985045
what is the definition of an exploit?
>>
>>126985224
you are getting more money from the sale of your ship if you do an obscure thing, that is an exploit

>frontier was going to make modules sell at 90%
yes, that is what they were going to do, that is the design

that they backpedalled for forumdads doesn't change that
>>
>>126985268
its working as intented
>>
>>126985594

Exploits imply something is not working as intended. Like it or not the convoluted method of selling modules for more dosh is the way the developer intends the game to be right now.
>>
>>126985986
But they don't, they intend the 90% but are afraid of backlash.
>>
>>126986053

If they intended it to be 90% it would be 90%. You don't like that they changed their minds, tough shit.
>>
>>126986207
ok dad
>>
File: 2015-12-30_00001.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_00001.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
Post bounty hunting music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uedOOlI1024
>>
>>126985268
Something found within the game that allows the player to gain an advantage compared to what the developers intended, but without editing the game or using an external program to manipulate it.

Example, buy item for ten gold, it sells for 12 for some reason. Repeat until rich =exploit

Setting custom value of item to 100 gold = cheating.

Cheat codes, while able to fall under exploit, are an exception since at the end of the day they are still intended to be there.

Last I checked, the forum dads were still arguing over this one
>>
>>126986626
an exploit is just a way to gain a benefit due to a flaw in the game design, doesn't really matter whether it was intended or not, it's a design bug.

cheat codes are regular cheats

if they really intended for it to be 100% for modules then modules attached to a ship would also sell 100%, but they don't, so it's an exploit
>>
>>126986904
you need to use your vision, dad
>>
>>126987009
>ships and modules don't sell at different prices in different places like regular goods
>>
File: 1vYUzWL.png (319 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1vYUzWL.png
319 KB, 640x480
>>126986904
Yet the current functionality of selling modules is still 100%, with no way to get around that currently. We can go one further step and say that since this variable is unchanging and constant for the entire playerbase, it's not an exploit but a mechanic. A shitty one at that mind you, but still.

Or look at it this way, if Frontier really wanted to change it, they would have done so by now. The fact they backed off is irrelevant, since it still exists.

If the devs want to change that but are unable to due so because of community backlash, that only says that the devs are a bunch of pussys afriad of pissing off some old men on the internet.
>>
>>126987305
that still doesn't change that it's an exploit, exploits can be intended
>>
>>126985594
You aren't making more money, you're losing less

Selling the ship gives a flat 90%, but taking the time to refit everything gives you the outfitting costs back.

It's like selling your car to a dealer. They give you a flat number, but if you sell some of the aftermarket parts before selling the car, the lower number from the dealer is still offset by what you made back from parts.
>>
File: 1430608164844.png (46 KB, 162x169) Image search: [Google]
1430608164844.png
46 KB, 162x169
>>126987529
Not really no. Thats not how it works. Bugs can turn into mechanics since they can be cool, look at Crackdown and the ability to drive up walls.

Exploits in video games, by their very nature, are unintended side effects that can be used to gain an unfair advantage, and capitalized upon for further gain.

Selling modules gives you exactly nothing more then you put in, you gain nothing. Its a shitty design choice to act as a placeholder for module storage that's never coming, nothing more
>>
>>126987529
An exploit is literally defined as taking advantage of a flaw. If it's intended, it's not a flaw.
>>
>>126987529
>exploits can be intended
Top dad logic.

>>126985594
They redacted their idiotic change because there are modules that cost more than all but two ships in the game and one that costs more than any entire fucking ship.

>1.7b net worth
>139 billion spent on outfitting

With no storage of modules in the game their dead, contentless universe would be even more of a ghost town than it is right now.

>buy a weapon that costs 21 million credery-doos
>it's dog shit
>lose 2.1 million selling that crap back

Yes, excellent. This is the future, a land that has no simulators to try out ships or hardware for them.

Oh, and let's not forget the part where a weapon the size of a medium or small ship does 7% damage to it if it hits because it's been bugged forever.
>>
>>126987529
Exploits would be Robigo and 17 Draconis. The devs don't intend for them to be like they are, but due to systems in the game, they are. The devs have even tried breaking these several times, but they remain under even the tweaked game systems.

Modules selling for different prices depending on which button you push is an oversight on their part. They intend to sell for 100%, but under certain circumstances, they only sell for 90%. That's an oversight on their part, one that hurts the player, and therefore not an exploit.
>>
>>126986904
It's just a shitty mechanic in a poorly designed game. Next you'll be saying that turning off the power to your cargo hatch is an exploit because there's no benefit to having it on when not scooping. What difference does it make whether you call it an exploit or not? Want to shame people for not handicapping themselves in this mess of a game?
>>
>>126988490
>Want to shame people for not handicapping themselves in this mess of a game?

This right here is what the entire argument happening right now boils down to.
>>
>>126988490
Honestly at this point it shouldn't even drain power unless deployed. It's fucking dumb.
>>
>>126988086
flaws can be intended, it's a design bug

>>126987796
you are gaining money by not taking a loss on your poor decision making, you have more money than you would have

>>126988362
>simulators inside a simulation
literally autism

>>126988362
>muh storage
either way you don't want to pay for your mistakes, fuck off casual
>>
File: WCpf3ov[1].jpg (257 KB, 1920x1143) Image search: [Google]
WCpf3ov[1].jpg
257 KB, 1920x1143
image related

I used the website to try to track down a particular weapon but I'm at the station and it's not here
did I do something wrong?
>>
>>126988727

there's literally no difference, as long as you don't go over maximum it has no impact on the gameplay at all whether it's on or off

the module priorities will let you turn it off automatically if you need the extra power
>>
>>126989013
>Wanting more pointless credit sinks when there isn't even any point in having them anymore anyway

Can you honestly tell me the game wouldn't be equally as boring if everything was free, and they focused more on powerplay faction ranking shit instead of shitty 20k credit conda assassination mission flavor text.
>>
>>126989124
These sites are all updated by players, and since there was a patch not to long ago, many of these item locations have changed, and have yet to be updated by players. Just keep checking stations until you find what you need.
>>
>>126989124
what ship are you on
>>
>>126989013
>Pay for your mistakes
That implies there's any way in the game to know the object you're buying is shit.

>A rank!
>A penetration
>Massive damage pips!
>Does shit.

>in b4 the entire game is shit so you should have known better than to try at all.

Great bait. perfect dev forum poster right here.
>>
>>126989317
if everything was free the game would be more boring because progression would not exist
>>
>>126989352
>this other bug justifies using exploits to offset it

the correct answer is fix everything, not break more things to accommodate other broken things until you have nothing but a broken mess
>>
>>126989402
>and they focused more on powerplay faction ranking shit
Progression as it is currently means nothing though, except you have more credits to do nothing with.
>>
>>126989341
ship is eagle
does it limit my options for weapons or should I keep flying around trying to find a station with it?
>>
>>126989013
>flaws can be intended, it's a design bug
It's not a bug if they chose to make it that way

>you are gaining money by not taking a loss on your poor decision making, you have more money than you would have
I'm sorry, please explain how selling modules while switching ships is a poor decision?

You're logic is reversed. You aren't getting more money than you should, you are losing less by parting out the ship. This is something that happens in real life.

this is what you should think
>you are losing money by taking a loss on your poor decision making, you have less money than you would have
>>
>>126989745
>does it limit my options for weapons
Yes, hardpoint sizes determine what class of weapon you can put on it. Eagles only have small hardpoints, aka class 1
>>
>>126990005
I was fairly certain that particular weapon could be equipped on the eagle
guess the wiki doesn't show a difference between types of the same weapon
isn't the burst laser a small hardpoint?
>>
>>126990501
every equipment have a class and rating

on hardpoint, class is size
you can look for a small burst laser
>>
>>126990501
There are different classes of almost every weapon. There are class 1-3 burst lasers, increasing in size each class.
>>
Where were you when /edg/ was invaded and destroyed by dads?
>>
>>126990875
robigo
>>
>>126989776
Elite is not real life.

back to the forums with you dad
>>
>>126991246
You call me a dad, but you're the one who is too autistic to understand a simple concept
>>
>>126990713
>>126990650
Oh so I can only get weapons with 2.00 T (Class 1)?

Man I don't understand upgrades at all
The Burst Laser fixed and gimballed both have lower damage stats and higher power drain than the pulse lasers eagle came with
>>
>>126991469
weight isn't a factor, just class. The different lasers have different functions. Beam is for limited time on target, so they are geared for max damage in that small time. Pulse are just balanced lasers. Burst have a longer firing time, but aren't really that great for damage; they are meant for constant fire over time.

Gimballed weapons always do less damage than fixed, and have a higher power draw, but they auto target in front of you. Turrets are the same thing but another step further.
>>
>>126991469
get a 1 railgun and 2 multicannon or lasers, you'll rekt everything
>>
>>126991457
I'm not the one who is clamoring to
>muh real life
>muh minmaxing
>muh probits :'^(

now that is autism
>>
>>126991905
>muh exploit
fuck off dad
>>
>>126991905
I couldn't care less if they changed it. It's also far from min maxing. It's just a smarter choice when you sell your ship, why wouldn't you do it unless you're lazy?
>>
>>126992049
because you want to try and pretend the game is good
>>
>>126991457
Being a dad is not about wanting things to be simple. It's about wanting things to be difficult or obscure for arbitrary reasons that have nothing to do with making a good game. If you believe that something in the game is good because "muh realism","muh immersion","muh difficulty", or "muh old skool Elite" regardless of whether it's fun or translates to good gameplay, you are a dad.
>>
>>126992126
To make this game good, they would have to triple the content.

>>126992242
Like I said, I don't care either way, but to say it's an exploit is a fallacy.

> arbitrary reasons
If it's so arbitrary, then why do you care?

>muh old skool Elite
nobody cares about old school Elite
>>
>>126991864
anyone want to weigh in on this?
I'm using an Eagle right now and just fishing for kills until I can upgrade to Viper.
I have the default fixed pulse lasers on right now and I can probably afford the power upgrade to use a fixed rail gun as well
>>
>>126989013
>flaws can be intended, it's a design bug
This is gonna be the stupidest post I've seen in 2015
>>
>>126992576
>nobody cares about old school Elite
You should try reading the forums sometimes.
>>
>>126992664
For ease of use and longevity, go with a couple pulse lasers and a multicannon. 2 multicannons and a beam if you're feeling adventurous. Or you can go with what >>126991864 said if you want to have maximum fun with little profit margin
>>
>>126992953
Should I just stick with fixed or get some gimball?
>>
>>126993157
you're in eagle, use fixed
>>
>>126993157
My favorite setup is fixed lasers with gimballed kinetics, but it's whatever floats your boat. Since you can sell modules back at 100% cost, you can try out whatever you like until you're happy.
>>
>>126979626
They are the worst, sorry. There's more to a weapon's combat effectiveness than straight damage. Sustained fire capability is also important.
>>
>>126992576
it could be ten times as good with the content they have right now if they would balance it properly
>>
File: Abstract kind of buddy.png (614 KB, 819x983) Image search: [Google]
Abstract kind of buddy.png
614 KB, 819x983
>>126986524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k

Yo buddy, Still alive?
>>
>>126989170

Not entirely true. All active systems generate heat. The less shit you have running, more heat tolerant your ship is.
>>
>>126989124
>>126990501
>burst laser

Isn't the burst laser right there? In your screenshot?

Fixed version 2nd on the list, gimballed 3rd.
>>
>>126993157

I ran all fixed on my old eagle. Beam in the roof mount for pulling down shields and and multicannons on the wings for tearing apart the hull.

Rails have fantastic damage output but the ammo is hideously expensive at the early stage of the game.

The eagle is the most maneuverable ship in the entire game. If you rely on gimbals in that, heavier ships are going to be very difficult to get accustomed to.
>>
>>126986524
I just started playing that again. Its fun as fuck but I feel like it could use a sequel that ups not only the cuhrazee and graphics but the scale of the battles too with absurd amounts of enemies and allies.
>>
DBS or courier? I'm bored with vulture
>>
>>126993157
Fixed beam
Gimballed multicannon

that way you can all cannons go and not worrying about leading the target. I wouldn't do what >>126998593 is suggesting because the lead on the multi means that you can't fire all weapons at once, unless they fixed that.
>>
>>126999867

Don't need both simultaneously on anything you can't fly straight up the ass of in an Eagle.
>>
>>127000112

I suppose, unless you're taking on wings solo
>>
>>126991469
>Man I don't understand upgrades at all
>The Burst Laser fixed and gimballed both have lower damage stats and higher power drain than the pulse lasers eagle came with

Burst lasers have slightly lower base damage and lower rate of fire but note how the overall damage per second is higher.

This is because the burst actually fires three shots every time it goes off.

Small gimballed pulse lasers deal 1.75 MJ of damage per shot and fire 4 times per second = 7 MJ damage per sec

Small gimballed burst lasers deal 1.66... MJ of damage per shot and fire 1.7 times per second (resulting in 5.1 actual shots per second) = 8.5 MJ damage per sec
>>
>>126991469
>Oh so I can only get weapons with 2.00 T (Class 1)?

All class 1 weapons happen to weigh 2T right now, though could change in the future.

The class is what actually determines if it'll fit in your hardpoint. Outfitting on stations won't even display weapons that don't fit. When you go to fit a class 2 hardpoint, you'll be shown all the class 2 and class 1 weapons available, but none of the class 3 or 4.
>>
In the medium weapon tier, how do Rail Guns, Particle Accelerators, and Cannons compare?

I'm toying around with the medium weapon slots on my FAS, and currently, I'm using cannons, and the amount of heat they generate per shot, and the amount of capacitor energy they use works well with my Large weapons, but the way I'm using them currently, I might as well have a Rail Gun, or a Particle Accelerator.
>>
>>127004067
Cannons are great on their own and the ammo is cheap. Rail guns and PAs are really powerful, but the ammo is obscenely expensive at first and the ammo capacity isn't really worth it for long bouts of combat. Single fights with reloading runs between is where they shine.
>>
>>127004067
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140240

rail gun looks good on paper but that fucking ammo count
>>
>>127004379
I was more wondering about the heat generation and capacitor usage of the PA and Rail Gun. Currently using Burst lasers for my Large weapons, and my capacitor is recharging slightly lower than the energy they use, and the heat generated by them isn't too extreme. Cannons firing don't make any noticeable difference on my heat generation and capacitor usage. With this setup, I can kill anything before heat and capacitor become a problem.

I was just wondering how badly PAs and Rail guns would fuck with this setup.
>>
>>127004067

I prefer multicannons. Cannons have a very slight edge in DPS but the ammo supply on multis lasts over twice as long.

Rails are even worse for ammo and I don't like sharing my capacitor or radiators with them or plas. Both consume cap and generate heat in huge amounts.

I'd put a class 3 multi in the bottom large if they existed, and then a beam on the roof.
>>
>>127004706
depends on the ship, but they generally create fuckloads of heat if fired off in succession. If you pace the shots, you won't have any issues. If you shoot your guns like an ork desperately trying to get more dakka, you might want a heat-sink
>>
>>127005042
PA seems to generate less heat than railgun
>>
>>127005042
>>127005093
Yeah, I usually use multicannons. I was just trying out different stuff just for the hell of it. But knowing that Rail Guns and PAs will gobble up all my heat and capacitor, I'll probably not try them.

Thanks for the help, bros.
>>
>>127005378
As I said to someone earlier, try out whatever you want. Selling modules back has a 100% return rate. Try out as many different combos as possible until you find your groove.
>>
>>127005378
you kill ship faster with dual PA or railgun but you had to strip down your shield
>>
File: serpent_visionaire.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
serpent_visionaire.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
I outfitted my Python in-game exactly as I set it up in EDShipyard, but the values like power output and jump range are different, even though I double checked it to be the exact loadout. Is EDShipyard flawed?

Has anyone come across this before?
>>
>>127005572
Nah, I'm trying this stuff out on a FAS. Reactor power isn't a problem. I have more reactor power than I know what to do with. Hence why I'm just trying shit out. I could slap 4 PAs on this thing, and still not have to worry about setting energy groups.
>>
Riddle me this

Huge gimballed cannon or Huge PA on an anaconda?
>>
>>127005178

Railguns cause more heat than they draw power, and PAs vice-versa.
>>
>>127005610

You may be overlooking something after all.

Does the same thing happen at coriolis.io?
>>
>>127005784
pretty sure those thing kill internal module faster so its worth trying
>>
So is Horizons any good? I have the base game that I bought on launch but haven't played that much because I don't have a stick, and I don't particularly like PvP.

Are there any nice new ships that I can get without grinding for years? Are there any new PvE things to do? Is landing on planets fun?

Character creator when.
>>
>>127006369

I like drift racing on ice and jumping huge craters, but then I'm fucking weird.
>>
>>127006369
Making credits is incredibly easy.

Getting the Cutter/Corvette is a huge grind now for rep, so I hope you did that before 1.5/2.0.

PvE is the same, but you can play pretend with powerplay if you want and community goals pay much more than before.
>>
File: aceCombat.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aceCombat.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
>>126995150
The land of Strangereal has many songs that can get your adrenaline pumping. To help you fly amongst aces. But that can only take you so far.

It takes something else to push you further. To become something greater. Something elemental. An avatar of war. As unstoppable as the tide.

Have you forgotten? Listen and remember.

Feel the it flowing through you. Let the feels guide your hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35y6kw7L7Ms&list=PLB5A294C912C49005&index=33
>>
>>126995150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVx1kq0B38U
>>
>>127007134
Is the 17 Draconis exploit still working, or did they nerf that durring the server downtime a few hours ago?
>>
>>127007887
>best soundtrack
>worst game

why
>>
>>127008002
Not sure, I had the rep before the patches went live.

AFAIK the swapping solo/private/open thing to refresh for more donations is dead.

Also people are saying that surface missions for factions give zero rep, so don't bother doing any of those if that's what you want.
>>
>>127008358
>swapping solo/private/open thing to refresh for more donations is dead

Still works fine for me. I was blasting it on Robigo earlier today no problem.
>>
>>127008454
1.5 or horizon?
>>
>>127008516
Horizon.
>>
>>127008454
Ftroop can't even fix the things they specifically say they're going to fix.

This shouldn't surprise me at all.
>>
>>127007134
I'm in an Eagle that I got for free, I've got fuck all credits, and I don't really know how to make some either. I smuggled some cargo back and forth earlier with it which was easy, but boring.

What community goals are you talking about?
>>
>>127008675
If you check the game launcher or the official forums there's always a post about current community goals.

Basically you go to a system and agree to work for the goal and then you turn in bounty vouchers or combat bonds or trade materials, whatever they want you to do.

Then they pay you at the end of the time or when it completes based on how much you did for the goal.
>>
>>127006082
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=705,A5e4zh4zh7u57u50_g0_g0mI0Wg,2-B69Y7_6uB6A08I,0AA7jw7UIA8c9tQ4_w5DI2UI5Bk

This is the loadout I've got. and from what I saw yesterday my Python in-game had different power values and a lesser jump range. Haven't tried it on Coriolis yet, since the IT faglords at the office somehow filtered the website as gaming related.
>>
>>127008830
Alright, thanks

Also, I bought the mercenary edition when the game first came out. Is the Art Book now available for download, or are they just going to forget about it?
>>
>>127009181
If it's not on your frontier account page under downloads then maybe email them.

I never bothered checking honestly.
>>
I just did one of those "Take a specific piece of cargo from a specific NPC" mission objectives and now the mission is completely gone from the Transactions page. Did I miss something?
>>
>>127009275
I've emailed them multiple times about it earlier, and it's always the same answer (Soonâ„¢).

I guess it's never coming out, which is a shame.
>>
>>127010723
What you missed: All the new mission types are fucked, don't do them until they fix them.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (793 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
793 KB, 1920x1080
>>126943769
here from previous thread. I was waiting for payout to do some timed haz res runs. This was all done in 1hr 15mins with ALD 5

Using an Arated Vette with 3x large beams and the rest multi canons.

If you really want to make money join a group or get a bunch of anons grind to rank 5 ALD and grind some more. Join a group because power play pvping with a large group especially ones that are faction focused fun as shit.
>>
File: dago.jpg (36 KB, 800x646) Image search: [Google]
dago.jpg
36 KB, 800x646
>>127013593
What am I looking at here?
>>
File: 1446019103577.png (20 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
1446019103577.png
20 KB, 500x560
>>127013745
>>
>>127013745
I was just continuing my post from previous thread on how bounty hunting can make you a lot of money. The drawback is getting to rank 5 which took me 3 days with a full wing. I really only wanted rank 5 because it was a nice incentive on trying to get elite combat rank. Just talk to other players or form a wing with anons/dads from /edg/ and it should be pretty easy
>>
Are there still any decent pastebins about ship guides and weapons and shit like that like we used to? Or are they all outdated to shit now?

>>127013593
>>127013882
Rank 5 what?

Would I be able to do shit like that in a Vulture?
>>
ded chan
ded game
>>127013593
lmao just run robigo it's 20 mil per hour with just an asp
>>
>>127014886
maybe about 10 mil, and that's just potential 10 mil, you're more than likely to get fucked over with the shitty station scanning
>>
>>127014886
>maybe about 10 mil
That's like 3-4 missions
I take 10-15 while switching modes
>shitty station scanning
Just kill the process
>>
File: bahahahahaha.png (18 KB, 634x96) Image search: [Google]
bahahahahaha.png
18 KB, 634x96
>>126955146
>80 dollars
I BOUGHT THE GAME FOR FUCKING 70
>>
>>127015254
>>127015071
>>
>>127015254
>Just kill the process
wat
>>
>>127015254
>>127015545

>cheating
>>
>>126961695
>fucking Space Engineers has planetary landings on earth-like planets now.
They aren't fully sized earth-likes
>>
>>127015545
As in kill it with task manager
It can be done really quickly with a script
>>127015650
>accepting the grind
>>
>>127015731
>having autism
>>
I recently upgraded from an Eagle to a Diamondback scout and I'm loving it

question is, should I keep my small beams or should I swap them out for bursts? I'm a lazy fuck who uses gimballs and I run them with two med multicannons which I think I'll be swapping out for cannons
>>
>>127016727
>beams
Best DPS worst DPE (damage per energy)
>pulse
Worst DPS by far best DPE (more damage in the long run)
>burst
Inbetween DPS and DPE. Best DPS against hull specifically.
Your choice.

>MCs vs Cannons
Keep the MCs. Cannons are way less reliable and run out of ammo way faster for the extra damage they do. Just remember to target powerplant with the MCs.
>>
>>127017357
Ment to say best DPE against hull in regards to burst lasers, not best DPS.
>>
Could someone please repost that one image with the diagram of what ships I would buy depending on my playstyle?

It went something like this
>if you want to trade, then go to this route
etc
>>
>>127014886
top kek. When I run Robigo in an Asp I reap 30-35mil. Interdicted? Submit. Scanned? Target and deploy hardpoints then boost away and spool up FSD. Rinse repeat.
>>
>>127016727
keep small fixed beam for burning enemy shield
then use medium rail/cannon
http://coriolis.io/outfit/diamondback/24A4A4A2C3A2C4C2a2a101000020n04406k2927.AwRj4yKA.Aw1sIwlxA===
>>
File: 1441507619687.jpg (33 KB, 540x283) Image search: [Google]
1441507619687.jpg
33 KB, 540x283
>killed because my x52 decided to recalibrate in the middle of a fight
Saitek not even once.
>>
PSA
One of the 17 Draconis factions went into civil war so there's less charity missions wanting money and more that need weapon and medical supplies
>>
>>127018083
http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1451089768645.png
>>
>>127020212
what about cutter and corvette?
>>
>>127017357
I think I'm gonna keep the beams then

first thing I upgraded was the power distributor to A rank and power plant to C rank so I can run them at full potential. Capacitors recharge pretty fast so when they're empty I just maneuver if the enemy still has shields, otherwise I just unload the MCs

with 3 or 4 pips to weapons, I can pretty much fire indefinitely by alternating beams and MCs

>>127018394
I'm shit at aiming m8, fixed ain't for me, at least for now
>>
>>127020335
multi purpose
>>
>>127020212
god damn, I'm going right down the combat path

I went Eagle>Dback S and I'm planning to get either a Vulture or a FDL in the future
>>
>>127020615
You can get FAS before aiming for FDL
>>
>sitting in anaconda
>farming high rez
>fight elite anaconda
>no shield 91% armor
>multicannon turret somehow hit a navy viper 300fine
>elite anaconda dies
>heading back because wanted
>4 navy viper out of nowhere
>as I heading back get attacked by these fuckers
>start FSD
>FSD broken
>motherfuckers you will bleed
>engage first viper
>cockpit canopy breaks
>7:50min left
>fuck fuck since when these fuckers shot on my modules?
>hull at 67%
>FSD works again
>jumps out
>heading to station, ask for permission
>get my permission
>500m till enter the station
>ship scan detectet
>CRIMINAL SCUM BLAHBLAH
>station opens fire
>anaconda blows up
>lost 29 mio because of 300cr fine
VISION!
>>
>>127017357
My MC's need to be gimballed in order to specifically target power plants, right?
>>
>>127021174
>not having the skills to hit modules manually
>>
www reddit com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/3yu5zg/for_the_last_time_they_are_not_toptier_ships/

Holy fuck is this maximus dadus?
>>
>>127021174
left menu
check subtarget
>>
>>127021174
If you target the power plant with fixed it'll show you where to shoot.
>>
>>127021386
>le stealth dbs meme
Now that was gay af.
>>
Can anyone run me through how they smuggle?

No matter what I keep getting pinned in the big space stations..
>>
File: human-cannonball-750x501[1].jpg (44 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
human-cannonball-750x501[1].jpg
44 KB, 600x401
>>127022690
silent running, FA off, boost
>>
>>127022690
at 7.5km request docking
at 4km align yourself with entrance
silent running then boost
>>
>>127015725
are you implying elite will have anything like that no matter how many decades the vision lasts
>>
do missions work yet
>>
>>127023879
it will be at least a week before they start fixing anything

brabens creative vision and genius has allowed him to release unstable software just in time for the holidays and then take the month off before doing anything
>>
>>127024249
it can't be as bad as warframe
at least here they're still working in between the holidays
warfarme's devs released some broken shit about 2½ weeks ago which completely ruined one of the mission modes (and could make them impossible to complete). complete radio silence on that issue in particular, but they still tweet and talk about dumb shit no one cares about like rescaling helmet size

i'm having a lot of fun with e:d from the steam sale. not enough fun to warrant spending $60 on horizons, but I can see why people like this game
>>
What's the solo/open switch mission trick? I tried it but every time I switch it just shows no missions at all.
>>
When smuggling, if you make it INSIDE the space station, are you all clear, or do you still have to land it as quick as possible?
>>
>>127026619
you're clear
>>
just so we are clear

twitch tv/rheaayase

is a trap right because it sure sounds like it
>>
>>127027147
It sorta sounds a bit like Eloise (Hearthstone "pro")

>I have a vocal cord disability, and I can't speak loud. I have to run microphone with amplification, which causes a lot of noise and stuff.
If true would explain the retarded voice, but i'm also guessing it's a dad trap or something.
>>
>spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to find and scan a fucking data link
>>
>>127021054
this shit bothered me since I first started the game

>enter country
>"hold it right there!"
>"according to my border patrol computer there are 3 pesos on your head!"
>*loads gun*

fuck this
>>
I cant buy limpets to refuel people. I do have the cargo space but the option to buy it is just grayed out.
>>
>>127028608
You need a fuel limpit controller.
>>
>>127028608
maybe the station doesn't support it?
>>
>>127028812
>>127028820
For some fucking reason it was grayed out and now works. Maybe I was just retarded.
>>
>>127014829
Arissa Lavigny-Duval, one of the power play factions. high ranks = bonus bounty dosh
>>
File: 1413547457317.jpg (23 KB, 223x247) Image search: [Google]
1413547457317.jpg
23 KB, 223x247
>>127018905
>Thrustmaster released a new hotas
>it's a ps4 compatible hotas x
Somebody has to make a mid range hotas so we don't have to settle with madcatz garbage.
>>
Lads I'm on the fence ATM.
Should I buy this or nah?
Is the player base big enough or is it /ded/
>>
>>127029881
The player base is sizable but you'll never notice it because the space is too huge and solo mode exists
>>
>>127029881
For $15 yes.

Multiplayer is pretty much solo. A lot of people play but it's just the way the game is.
>>
Why is there no ingame tutorial, how can I git gud when I'm not even told how to do the scenarios.
>>
>>127020212
thanks
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00001.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00001.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1080
>flying to Robigo
>about to come out of hyperspace
>get interdicked
>escape velocity has me aiming directly for the rings of the planet
>okay
>EMERGENCY STOP
>guy who was chasing me is nowhere to be seen
Welp that was a bit of waste of time.
>>
>>127032198
>2016-01-01
>he's spending the first day of the 2016 playing elite

also PSA
17 Draconis spawns almost no charity missions requiring money
>>
>>127031306
There literally is a tutorial
>>
>>127032528
>he's spending the first day of the 2016 playing elite
Like I have anything else/better to do.
>>
>>127032724
I clicked it and its just a series of missions with no instructions and links to YT.
>>
>>127016727
I ran 2 C1 Pulse and 2 C2 fixed multicannons on my DBS. Cut through pretty much anything.
>>
>>127021054
>not jumping to a different system

Brought it on yourself m8
>>
What's the first ship for someone who's going to do non-combat stuff for the time?

The Hauler looks like the next step but I'm not seeing much of a difference between it and the Sidewinder.
>>
>>127034007
don't get the hauler its shit

get an adder
>>
>>127034007
cobra
>>
>>127034007
The difference is the internal compartments let you go up to 22 t of cargo. But the Adder is more worthwhile and it only costs a bit more. >>127034569
>>
Any other Viper MkIV pilots here? Been experimenting with the Bi-weave shields and I'm really hating them. Was wondering what others are using.
>>
FUCKING GOD DAMN FUCKING CUNT OF AN ANNOYING SHIT CUNT GAME FUCK SAKE

Fucking interdiction is broken as fuck, no matter how long I have the exit in my sights reading blue, the enemy ALWAYS FUCKING MANAGES TO BEAT ME GET FUCKED

it's a stronger ship and my shields are shit so i'm no match for it in my asp, I can't manoeuvre and well so I have no hope of destroying the cunt and all I can do is outrun the guy

but it gets SO FUCKING ANNOYING HAVING TO DO THE SAME PROCESS EVERY FUCKING 30 FUCKING SECONDS WHILE I'M TRYING TO GET TO THIS STATION

JUST FUCK OFF LEAVE ME ALONE MOST FUCKED UP PIECE OF SHIT I'VE EXPEREIENCED IN THIS GAME GET FUCKED CUNT
>>
>>127036834
we use Anacondas, cuck
>>
>>127036834
>viper mkiv

Should've gone with the Diamondback Scout
>>
>>127037395
>submit to interdiction
>all power to shields and engines
>charge friendship drive
>boost boost boost in a corkscrew
>supercruise awayyy
>>
>yt video for wolfpack training mission doesn't explain wolfpacks
ty
>>
>>127038137
>Should have

The viper has gotten me 6 million credits in bounties already. But looks like no one uses it.
>>
>>127038465
Yeah, that's what I was doing, but it shits me to tears when as soon as I jump away I get interdicted 5 seconds later
>>
>>127039204
yeah that's annoying and it'll keep happening until you managed to evade the interdiction. I had htat happen to me two days ago

thankfully I was in an agile ship so I could evade with minimum effort
>>
File: 8k kek.jpg (2 MB, 7680x4320) Image search: [Google]
8k kek.jpg
2 MB, 7680x4320
>>127038659
Because its shit.

Cheap, inefficient trash.
>>
>>127037395
>Get interdiction by NPC pirate
>Wrestling with the cunt for what feels like 10 minutes
>About to get pulled out of FSD
>The blue fucking shoots up all of a sudden and I jump to safety

Did they give up? Wouldn't expect an NPC to do so.
>>
>>127018905
If you're spending 200 dollars on madcatz garbage just buy a chproducts flight stick and throttle.

Or get a CH throttle and a t16000m stick.
>>
>>127039823
>Inefficient
>Can get me 1 million plus bounties an hour
>Only had to pay 400k for it

Nah.
>>
>>127039607
>>127040364
just had two seperate npc pirates following me all the way from the star to an outpost, not taking the dummy cargo I dropped for them

every time I got to 0.25ls away from the outpost i'd get interdicted and thrown another 30ls away and have to fly the distance over and over
>>
File: 1432679409966.png (158 KB, 331x285) Image search: [Google]
1432679409966.png
158 KB, 331x285
>>127040982
>1 million an hour
>The very definition of inefficiency
>400k as if it's actually worth something
>Not makeing 7 an hour doing trade
>Not making actual dosh like >>127013593

Stop being a poorfag and buy a Vulture already, you ain't killin shit quickly with only 2 smalls and 2 meds.
>>
>>127041030
Here's a magic trick. Don't slow down when coming up on the outpost/station, the second you pass it, do a hard vertical flip and then cut throttle to 75% so you're coming at it from above or below. they can't interdict you at that angle, they have to be behind you.
>>
>>127041251
>Buy a vulture

That's my next purchase you cunt.
>>
File: 1430607971990.png (343 KB, 350x509) Image search: [Google]
1430607971990.png
343 KB, 350x509
>>127042323
Then fucking buy it instead of claiming that trash is good. You literally get what you pay for.
>>
File: I see resources.gif (429 KB, 499x330) Image search: [Google]
I see resources.gif
429 KB, 499x330
>>126955146
happy new years /edg/

how are you guys spending the new years eve?
>>
>>127042559
Spending too much money to fix my car and general related depression.
>>
>>127042559
I'm drinking rum. Happy new year to you too!.
>>
>>127042403
>You literally get what you pay for

Yeah, I got what I paid for. A cheap fighter capable of taking out most targets within seconds and has already made back my amount I spent on it 10 times over. Pretty goddamn good for a player that has only just started. Why are you acting like such a cunt immediately?
>>
File: 1434703153358.jpg (84 KB, 514x405) Image search: [Google]
1434703153358.jpg
84 KB, 514x405
>>127043250
Dads have proclaimed time and again that the Viper is the second coming of christ, and for a very long time was what Frontier balanced the rest of the ships around, that if a single viper could not take it out, then it was OP.

Viper fags are also the reason why the Python was nerfed.

Fuck that ship. Its ass, and there is plenty that does what it does far more faster, more efficiently, and allows you to stay out for far longer periods of time without murdering your jump range.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.