[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/poeg/ - Path of Exile General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 148
File: poe.png (754 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
poe.png
754 KB, 800x600
Why aren't you mapping with a vsparker? edition
Last thread: >>125881040

>New league Talisman info
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1478438

>/poeg/ HC guild (No sporkers allowed), drop your IGN if you want an invite
https://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/740

>Helpful links
http://pastebin.com/2a5WBcBP (embed)

>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
http://poe.trade/

>Read this before asking for build advice
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084

>2.0 Passive Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

>2.1 Offline Skill Tree Planner
https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.3

>Wiki
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

>Delete This
https://github.com/ben-wallis/Filtration
>>
File: s.png (38 KB, 194x190) Image search: [Google]
s.png
38 KB, 194x190
>>
File: ser.png (453 KB, 637x693) Image search: [Google]
ser.png
453 KB, 637x693
>>126033747
come on guys aren't we past this
>>
What builds should I use on my standard characters with rerolls available? I have a Templar and Ranger I'm interested in respeccing, both level 80.
>>
>>126034024
what kind of build do you want senpai
>>
>>126033980
does this happen every league?
>>
>>126031735
Good luck mate.
>>
>>126034082
just fuck my shit up
>>
>>126034082
I want a dyness tank survivability with vaal spark faceroll clearing.
>>
>>126035450
Say no more senpai
Bladefall
>>
File: 1447563574798.jpg (35 KB, 265x272) Image search: [Google]
1447563574798.jpg
35 KB, 265x272
>>126035495
>standard
>level 80
>"dyness tank"
>>
File: 1446466113952.jpg (59 KB, 634x369) Image search: [Google]
1446466113952.jpg
59 KB, 634x369
me on the left speaking to the /poeg// senpai about different ways to build bladefall
>>
So, /poeg/ I just started on the new league (sc) and got to lv 30.

The thing is: I kind of want to get some better equipment before progressing (I'm pretty much facerolling the content, but it's not quite as smooth as I wanted it to be).

Should I do it? Through poetrade? Should I just continue and worry about it later? I only found one chaos and one vaal orb so far, so Idk how that would go...

Give me some options, guys...
>>
>>126037023
level 30 is really early, I normally don't bother buying equipment (not even leveling gear) until I reach merciless for capping resists.
You shouldn't need to buy anything. The game pretty much starts when you hit maps (end of A3 merciless) which is roughly at level 68.
Also, reminder that you're wasting your time etc etc...
>>
>>126037023
pile your currency and get an Aurumvorax with the highest resistances you can afford, that shit will carry you till merciless and maybe even a bit longer than that, just remember to start getting chaos res somewhere along the way or make sure your skill tree takes a few nodes with it.
>>
>>126037023
vendor recipe weapons and good blue gear should be enough to faceroll shit until mid-cruel
>>
what skill tree builder do you use so you can see all the health % totals
>>
>>126037718
its on the OP fucking illiterate faggot
>>
>>126037718
offline skill tree planner
>>
How do you do the Leo daily? Apparently dueling doesn't count as 1v1.
>>
Light arrow or Blast rain?

Blast rain seems to shit on everything but has a slower clear speed when compared to Light Arrow.

Light arrow is on the struggle bus when it tries to kill high hp mobs/buses.

Which one do I roll with? My body says Light Arrow but my heart says blast rain.
>>
>>126038503
sarn arena
>>
File: 1446300398758.jpg (81 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
1446300398758.jpg
81 KB, 625x552
>>126035876
>different ways
>only one superior way (trap)
>>
>>126038538
Do Light Arrow and just take Vaal Burning Arrow for bosses
>>
>>126038538
blast rain is shit because it sucks to scale AoE on the lower right side of the tree
by light arrow I assume you mean lightning arrow, lightning arrow is ok for clearing, use it with chain
for single target the best option is tornado shot GMP, because there's a damage overlap of the secondary effect of the tornado shot projectiles, so more projectiles = more damage if you can aim correctly
You should have 2 skills or at least 2 setups, one for AoE clear and the other one for single target
>>
>>126038713
tell me, how do you build it with a trap?
It doesn't seem optimal to me since the trap cooldown is so high, you can't rely on it all of the time. If only you could have multiple setups with independent cooldown.
I personally leveled to 85 in hc with both self cast and trap version of bladefall. I scaled noncrit because I didn't want to spend currency on crit gear, and you already have many options to scale bladefall noncrit; homever, if I wanted to reach 100 with bladefall, I would probably go crit, since in a group you would need higher damage scaling.
Traps instagut most packs and clear pretty fast but as I said the cooldown is a pain the ass, and single target is a huge problem if you don't have a self cast setup, that's why I used both.
In fact in 85 I was still using deerstalkers for 5l bladefall trap
>>
>>126038764
>>126038763
Right on, I suppose I'll do this then. Just something about blast rain makes my balls tingle.
>>
>>126038503
it has to be ranked pvp, hit B and join the queue from there
>>
>>126039151
did you get hasty reconstruction?
>>
>>126039507
I did not, but as I said I did not focus only on the traps, but rather on just scaling bladefall itself
However, I feel like even with 30% less cooldown it would still not be reliable enough to use it continuously.
It just seems like a bad idea to focus entirely on traps when you could be using both self cast and traps for different purposes.
>>
>>126039773
try it with hasty reconstruction and then come back, instead of theorycrafting shit on your mind

If you go traps, you need trap nodes, if you don't get trap nodes don't go traps, is that so hard to understand?
>>
File: TheScreamSaitama.jpg (102 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
TheScreamSaitama.jpg
102 KB, 742x960
Can anyone suggest to me a fun templar build that can do higher level maps and Atziri? I've got no particular preference as to which type of build, as long as you think it feels good to play. Thanks.

>Pic unrelated
>>
>>126039864
but why would you specialize in traps when you could have a more flexible build? it doesn't seem worth the investment
If you rely exclusively on traps, you will have to pick up clever construction and hasty reconstruction, which is a considerable investment
>>
>>126040028
You can do bear traps for single target or a conc effect self cast, I was doing both, but that kind of proves your point huh?
>>
Christmas stash tab sale when?
>>
>>126039924
why a "templar build" specifically? starter classes barely matter, it's just the starter nodes. Also most builds for atziri just specialize in single target while builds for maps normally rely on AoE clear skills.
As for the templar class, it's mostly unused in 2.1, since it doesn't provide anything interesting in comparison with other classes that are positioned near in the tree: Witch is just better for most ES builds, be it hybrid, low-life or CI; Marauder start is superior for life based builds, and scion start has more jewel sockets easily available, while the templar start only has awful ele nodes into either mediocre spd or attack damage nodes, and life/mana hybrid nodes which are mostly not used in most builds, so why would you start templar?
anyways, I'm not sure about what most people is doing to kill atziri, the first atziri kill of this league was with essence drain which aparently is good; I guess incinerate is now too shit for atziri and SRS should still be one of the best atziri-killer builds;
As of maps, arc, bladefall and SWT are the most popular casters builds. Of those, only arc would be decent with a templar, but for every single different variation of the build another class would be better. And for melee just go cyclone, for which marauder would just be flat out better in every single term
>>
>>126033567
I have two witches to respec

Which build should I go for

Crit arc?
blade fall?
blade vortex?
CoC?
>>
>>126040028
nigga, this is how it works

you get trap nodes, then the traps become pretty good, so you cast them and they kill shit

it's like you get bow nodes, and then use bow, then the shit with a bow becomes pretty good

Trap nodes provide more damage per node than comparable damage nodes, that's the only secret, they need shit like hasty reconstruction so you can spam them more, and some uniques make them better as well.

Traps have benefits and drawbacks which I don't need to mention here, if you don't like them then don't use them, there's ultimate OP as fuark cookie cutter choice, if you don't see the beneffit of traps then don't take them. But don't use them without trap nodes and then come saying "hur traps are le shit, why wud anywun taek dem traps lulz"
>>
>>126040586
>why a "templar build" specifically?

Because I've got a high leveled templar with a reset available and I really hate leveling new characters. :/

Ah well, I'll figure something out.
>>
>>126040702
I didn't say traps are shit, I said using EXCLUSIVELY traps is a bad idea in general, and not the OPTIMAL way of building bladefall, since the starting point of the discussion was someone saying building bladefall with traps is the best way to use them
>>
>>126040905
because self casting won't beneffit from the points you invested in trap nodes, and you'll miss on the "benefits" that traps have...

so what do you do? you get more traps that do cool shit. If you don't like it then go ahead and self cast bladefall.

The fucking exploit is traps double dip into poison, that's it, that's why everyone is using them, I spoonfed you, you're welcome.
>>
>>126041349
I already knew of the poison stuff, even then, the problem about traps is not their damage, and bladefall has a lot of ways to scale it's damage, but traps are still flawed mechanically cause you need the enemy to walk on them, don't have sustained damage on prolonged fights, have issues with terrain, have no leech and no way of generating charges easily.
And even so, you ignored my point, you keep saying traps are good, yes, I don't doubt that, but they're not the best option
>>
>poison gives 60% more damage over 2 seconds with 3 point investment
>added fire gives 44% more damage instantly with no investment
>idiots still think it's better to go poison on selfcast memefall
>>
ST skill tree....

What do you think POEG?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOyjYTQOWlKBuPdpiYEO-gGh0GFaDCfnob55Bh8pK8bOcpLc-X7BLV4cT_gqbtcDjdwfyRdi9wzqExTrhNZIi6qZX_o_o1k3jmyYFted0MgGNv21sshlRR9QjNj21SOywz3o-zzfU51QwfJ2qVYXUQowLYeu95u0_JP2NfWyMpcumf4RvuXx6U__eI_ZirO1Bdf1Nkha_5oEmlcu9YeJVS4w2idNwUioLXfIOSCsKEZYRLwMekBsHHh9BcFaVLpoT8NXb1ElR44QN0WND8uFHBth2VvXbbpfQjoq5PqxmLOF946OK7g7vetN-AF4Zju2DCC59df66
>>
>>126042750
>123 points
>No phase acro
>No essence sap
>No ballistic mastery
>193% life on a ranged character
Other than that, looks fine.
>>
>>126042728

>16% more damage isn't worth 3 points
>added fire is a reliable 44% with the amount of retarded +resist map mods

lmoa
>>
>>126043176
>he waits for monsters to die
wew
>>
>>126043164
Soul siphon for mana?
Ballistic is pretty sick desu
193% is pretty good right?
>>
>>126041865
there's items that beneffit traps, there's inherent beneffits to traps, they support a certain playstile, the damage may not be sustained in particular situations, but who cares when the damage is so high and negates reflect, as I said their nodes have crazy ratios compared with regular damage nodes, so if your planned build crosses nearby trap nodes it's a considerable damage boost for a low cost investment.

Again I don't understand why you're trying to figure out which option is absolute best in the world, there's different options for different playstiles, if you really really need to have the only possible thing that one shots everything and never dies you need to lower your autism, you just want everyone to say "yeah man traps suck! lol everyone using them are retards huehuehue".

Again just stop saying "hur I can't recast them fast enough" when there's a fucking node that lowers their recast timer and you're not using it. It's like saying "fug ES builds suck, I die so fast to chaos damage and I get stunned all the time, it's stoooopied!" and you totally ignore CI and the items that negate the drawbacks from going ES. Taking traps or ES does have it's problems, you build and gear up to overcome them, if that's still shit to you, why can't you just accept it isn't for others. You're just asking for someone to post their build, and a video and prove you wrong or something, that isn't goingto happen, I already told you it's fotm because of the poison shit, again the 3 poison nodes are a lot of damage for 3 god damn points and close to traps, hence why it's a popular choice right now.
>>
File: 1431569657151.jpg (376 KB, 983x1073) Image search: [Google]
1431569657151.jpg
376 KB, 983x1073
WHY
AREN'T
MAPS
DROPPING

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>126044262
buy more stash tabs
- Cuck Wilson
>>
>>126043576
again, you're just arguing that traps are good, which I did not say they weren't. What I am saying is that there is no reason to focus entirely and exclusively on traps if you want an optimal build to reach level 100 in a hardcore build, especially after 90 when you'll have to group up with a party.
>>
What should I build as a brand new player going witch?
>>
what the fuck do i play whlie leveling a mjolner char? i'm thinkin meme totem.
>>
>>126044626
I don't get how top players get their maps.

I am trying to sustain T8-T9. I start by building up my T6. I ran dry doing fifteen T5 maps. I ended up with twelve T6 and four T7. Did all my T6 and whatever that drop after. Now I have three T5 and six T7.

I alch and ran all of them. Right now T7 is 2c each. People said just do magic and try to get pack size instead. I did that, and often ended up spending like 20 alts without hitting packsize, which is most than 1c already.

How the fuck do people get maps? I mean there are people selling them, so someone must have surplus.
>>
>>126044926
find a spell you like

use it
>>
>>126044849
You can self cast ALONG the traps if you think it's better, I'm doing it on a lowbie character because I found the wand that gives echo to your spells.

Once you're in the 90's if you self cast you'll be dealing less damage due to the heavy investment into traps, and what are you going to do, waste both your chest and your weapon 6 link to cast a trap and a self cast bladefall (which doesn't get the benefit of your 10-15 trap nodes)?

I just think you'll be wasting potential on your character trying to be doing both things effectively, go with one or the other, but not both, one of them will be shit.

If you're saying you need a filler between traps, then get MORE traps, because those will beneffit from your trap nodes, that's what makes the most sense to me, not casting bladefall from a separate 6 link that doesn't get beneffit from the investment you already did.

I really don't know about any kind of group meta, if you have access to some kind of compendium or guide feel free to share it so we can evaluate if going full trapper is dumb or not. But as I said earlier, I think by the time you have a full setup with items that benefits traps you'll want to cast more traps than self cast. If you don't have items that beneffit traps, and don't want nodes that benefit traps, don't use traps and find a better gimick than trying to do "some traps" and some "self cast" I'm a purist going halfways is gay.
>>
File: 2015-12-21_00001.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_00001.jpg
658 KB, 1920x1080
couldn't see the blade cloud there, oh well

whats next
>>
>>126042728

nigger shadow nodes give both phys and chaos, you're literally getting free damage
>>
>>126048215
Oh man I almost died there yesterday, I'm so sorry for your loss, but at least the league is young. Even nugi died again and is playing his sixth character and shit.
>>
>someone offers half of what my item is worth
>I tell him I want double of what it is worth
>he gets mad

Trading is becoming a very unpleasant experience because of the lingering eastern european jews lowballing literally everything.
>>
File: maymay.jpg (107 KB, 1024x655) Image search: [Google]
maymay.jpg
107 KB, 1024x655
>>
>>126048915
>I'd like to buy your void battery for 1 ex and 800 chromes pls :)
>>
>>126049304
and the winner is.... BLADEFALL
CONGRATULATIONS
>>
File: hailSatan.jpg (508 KB, 933x835) Image search: [Google]
hailSatan.jpg
508 KB, 933x835
got 7 maps from this wild ride
>>
>>126049742
Mapping on shitcore isn't that hard though, you just alch everything since mods dont matter shit.
>>
>>126048215
those goddamn floating swords can really sneak up on ya.

sometimes he'll stack a couple on top of each other and you'll die even more instantly
>>
I have Hatred and Grace.

I also have a level 3 enlighten meaning I have 8% mana, just enough to cast my skills.

Whats a reliable setup to curse enemies as a tornado shot ranger?
>>
>>126050580
Split arrow chain curse on hit
>>
I have 7 deaths at 87. I died 7 times today.
>>
Wow i just died at 72 to a freeze explode box. Thought i could tank that shit with a res pot and 3,6k life.
>>
What if there was an armor that turned your player into a spell totem

>+1 max totems
>Freeze has 400% increased duration on you
>You become a spell totem when frozen
>>
>>126051694
>3,6k life
how, I mean I have 5k and not even trying
>>
>>126051824
I returned to poe this patch, so didnt know too much about boxes. Extremely careless of me.
>>
Is staff arc a thing? got this ridiculous +3 lightning gem staff that nobody buys. Might as well make a build with it yh
>>
>>126050580
>grace

i hope you're not evasion
>>
>>126052272
I don't want to be, I have to use it.
>>
File: 1409843219587.jpg (94 KB, 830x554) Image search: [Google]
1409843219587.jpg
94 KB, 830x554
>>126048215
>tfw nearly died on cruel daresso twice
>tfw nearly died on cruel kaom
>tfw friend died to cruel kaom
>tfw eva is suffering
>tfw suffering alone
>tfw i didn't ask for these feels
>>
>>126052297
dont use grace. unless your gear is absolute trash it barely gives any extra evasion chance. that 50% mana could be sued for better things
>>
Do you even need to upgrade witch weapons while leveling? It seems like they all have the same bonus % to spells and I haven't been able to find or roll anything better so far.
>>
>>126052406
here's the idea for you

I have 0 evasion on my gear.

Grace gives me 40% evasion I need for a mechanic so I don't get hit every 0.6 seconds
>>
>>126052843
i thought you meant that you were using evasion gear, carry on then
>>
>>126052710
casters dont really, get a set of lifesprigs and you're good till level 70~

melee definitely has to switch out their weapon every 10 levels to keep up, they get a huge power boost though and will shit all over casters if they get a decent leveling weapon
>>
>>126048215
i never stand still on that fight. i assume the spinning blades will be up my ass at any time
>>
>>126052710
Most people suggest you don't, as long as you have enough resistances worrying about a good weapon isn't that important for a caster. Even some shitty lvl 20 blue with +1 to gems is enough to get to the meaty part of the game.

Spends some chromatics if you need the links for your spells but don't go crazy wasting all your shit.
>>
1-5 continue not playing this garbage game
6-0 play meme ballista
>>
>>126053623
why would you go ballista? it's like a really shitty ranged totem isn't it?

or there's some epic exploiter build already?
>>
File: 1386475400555.png (83 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1386475400555.png
83 KB, 241x228
>crit bladefall
>>
>>126053991
>5% base
sick memeage
>>
>>126053791
It's pretty good if you build it correctly.
The problem is since it's a totem and a bow skill you're gonna have a hard time getting ancestral bond AND all the phys/projectile nodes without coming up short in defenses considering the right side of the tree got gimped in terms of life compared to the left. Not to mention the ballista shoots really slowly without attacks speed nodes + the gem. If it misses its target, it'll really hurt your clear speed.

If you go totem, might as well roll a witch and use FT. Anc bond is nearby, more life, easier damage nodes. So, it's definitely doable. It's just more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be.
>>
File: rapidexpansiondone2.png (4 MB, 672x3424) Image search: [Google]
rapidexpansiondone2.png
4 MB, 672x3424
Here's a 5 rapid expansion jewel build that I've been doing, unsurprisingly it's shit.
>>
>>126054456
looks pretty good actually. especially with the way multistrike takes control of aim. not really worth the weird tree and 5 sockets

tried the heavy strike one yet?
>>
>>126054980
Nope, but that seems like it would be better since AoE isn't the issue with the build but single target is. Would be cool if you could tree-swap on the fly for single target.
>>
>>126054456
shit? what, Ground Slam is fucking awesome now.
With multistrike you hit all around you and you wont need more than one rapid expansion anyway.
Even if you don't use multistrike, the 20% aoe a lvl 20 Ground Slam gets is very good. Ground Slam gets 25% stun threshold reduction, which is huge.

So since 2.1 Groundslam
more dmg
more aoe
more clear speed
safe as fuck because of stuns
one or two rapid expansion are enough
>>
>>126055073
for single target a 4L heavy strike is enough dps. Or just use a vaal ligthning strike setup, it is the most broken shit anyway. Also you can get 2 6L with a two handed build.
>>
>>126055593
There's infinitely better skills that provide more aoe with less investment and more damage/clearspeed, cyclone/ice crash are better overall skills imo
>>
>>126056859
And to be Frank ice crash is enough damage so that it will more than make up for the stun threshold lost from ground slam, if you just pick up the mace cluster or stun cluster in the Marauder start you'll be knocking bitches around and I can't do shit about it
>>
>>126052335
>died to normal daresso from invisible onshot blades with 1.8k hp
act 4 isn't balanced, the difficulty curve is insane, act 4 normal mobs did the same damage as act 3 cruel mobs, maybe even more
>>
is 25k GMP phyical tornado shot good?
>>
>>126058143
is this viable
>>
Why do people get mad at currency flipping

do they not understand the concept of a market maker
>>
>>126058143
its fine

the randomness is still gonna fuck you up at times
>>
>>126058248
make this bitch *kills you*
>>
Just died but I got a 6 socket pledge of hands, still kinda new what can I build with it
>>
File: TTIT4yK.jpg (38 KB, 342x647) Image search: [Google]
TTIT4yK.jpg
38 KB, 342x647
>>126058615
>>
>>126058801
Oh, thanks reddit
>>
>>126058801
>level 30 Spell Echo
>(120 to 160)% increased Spell Damage
>100% increased Maximum Mana

What the fuck
>>
>>126058890
we know, it's literally a stat stick
>>
File: 1438141815473.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1438141815473.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>126058890
>>
Should you always save rares to vendor as a set for the recipe? Or is it only worth doing once you can start getting chaos orbs?
>>
for the higher tier talisman uniques
do you need to sacrifice a unique to have a chance?
>>
Ok memesters, is there a loot filter that is generally accepted as being the best around?

I'm using ziggyd filter but I have the impression that it can get improved.
>>
>>126059730

Only once you can actually get chaos orbs. Also the only rares you should save is jewelry. Rings ammys and belts. The rest is easy as fuck to get.

>>126059784

Get that fishmancer or whatever, something with fish.
>>
>>126059784
Neversink
>>
>There are people in this very thread who didn't make their own loot filter
>>
are you retarded?
>>
File: 2015-12-21_00001.jpg (27 KB, 195x460) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21_00001.jpg
27 KB, 195x460
>tfw
>>
>>126060918
>rain of arrows
memed
>>
File: 1436300063384.jpg (13 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1436300063384.jpg
13 KB, 526x526
Holy fuck Malachai is such a bullshit fight. Does anyone enjoy this, at all? There is so much bullshit going everywhere, none of following any apparent logic like piety / oversoul / voll. It all does a heap of damage and he has a ton of hp, which he heals in heart phases. Its impossible to meaningfully dodge all the shit so dont even try if you're evasion. The only option is to invalidate mechanics with insane tankiness AND dps on the move. To top it off the returns for actually killing him are shit comparative to time taken, you're better of in dried lake, which is why everyone stays there. yes i'm mad
>>
File: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (189 KB, 788x784) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
189 KB, 788x784
>>126060994
>almost die to him after i've killed him from all the shit he leaves on the ground
>>
>>126060994
>dont even try if you're evasion

acro/eva has a comfy time vs him

the problem is shitters believe that mechanics that let you be hit less means you dont need further phys mitigation so few people use lc/cof and charges on top of it
>>
how much do I need to pay for someone to kill Malachai for me on normal hardcore?
>>
>>126061231
normal malachi is pretty easy

man up
>>
>>126061310
I have like 1.5k hp and 500 ES, fire and lightning rest around 70% but cold res is really low

is that enough?
>>
>>126061826
max your cold and the other res and you are fine

really there is no reason why you shouldnt do a4 without capped res
>>
File: Untitled2.png (767 KB, 651x785) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
767 KB, 651x785
help
>>
>>126062584
make an alt or two and take all the gems with him/them
write down in a notebook what he/them is/are holding for future reference
>>
>>126062584
Alright for the gems think about it do you REALLY need two Ethereal Knives? You can get the gem at level 1 and there's probably a lot of those gems you can just buy stop hoarding them.
>>
>>126049742
spoiler that shit
>>
d
>>
>>126045082

RMT yo.
>>
D
>>
Is Lightning Arrow build still good?
>>
>>126065794

Its decent. Consider using Physical to Lightning and Thunderfist gloves.
>>
File: tYCRlsr.jpg (248 KB, 889x667) Image search: [Google]
tYCRlsr.jpg
248 KB, 889x667
this squirrel walks up to you and slaps your favorite build on the ass

what do you do?
>>
Where's Catposter
>>
Did they fixed the awful trade system and performance issues?
>>
>>126066074

no
>>
>>126065908

So last night someone left a comment on one of my build ideas, and I quote: "retarded shitcrow. have fun rerolling on a4c"

I sat there stunned. And cried.

And before you start the: "fuck haters, don't listen to elistist hardcorers" - do't. It isn't helpful.

Thing is: I've been insecure about my builds ever since i started playing.

I'm *not* bad (but even if i was, so what?) at all. Depending on how i feel I'm anywhere between Phox and Ziggy in gameplay. I just don't stream because its too stressful for me so maybe that makes me seem lesser to most people.

But i like how i play. I have fun and my guildmates have fun playing with me. And my audiences (people who watch me play in my room) cheer when i kill very hard bosses.

All builds are beautiful. Even mine. And they sure as fuck don't take away from me being a good Softcore player.
>>
File: what.png (55 KB, 130x212) Image search: [Google]
what.png
55 KB, 130x212
when can I play again

People said it was too late to start playing due to some sort of update which will introduce subclasses

please assist
>>
>>126066385
March
>>
File: 14395390912300.jpg (93 KB, 604x551) Image search: [Google]
14395390912300.jpg
93 KB, 604x551
>>126065962
>>
>>126066385
you're joking right
>>
>>126060128
Spoiler that shit
>>
>>126066265
um excuse me
>>
>>126066527

No, just very uninformed
>>
Whatever happened that Unique that resembled Dominus' gloves, like facebreakers? Has it even been released?
>>
> Make topic on official forum before Talisman about how overpowered broken vaal spark is
> Get told it isn't because lots of currency investment

People are stupid in this game if you say a certain skill is overpowered. Same shit with incinerate it was so mind blowingly overpowered yet everyone said it wasn't.

2.0 is more horridly balanced than before. At least flameblast wasn't clearing so much faster than other builds at the time. On top of that the high end maps are usually too hard if you run it with alched mods unless you're doing an exploit build such as incinerate or vaal spark or any other skill GGG fucked up with such as bladefall.

Ignore the skills that have been useless for years, even if GGG tries to buff them they still suck (glacial hammer, viper strike).
>>
so

6l with no rng voreichi (1500 fuses = 750 chaos = 15 ex)

or with fuse spam (1-????? fuses)

?
>>
>>126066678
Do Vorici that way you won't get fucked over if you have bad luck
>>
>>126060994
>>126061146
His normal / cruel version is fine. His merciless version is overtuned. He's easily harder than all of the bosses pre tier 9 (76) maps. Only exception is Temple Piety, but I think that boss needed a hotfix long time ago (beams deal 1.1k damage each on 75% resistance with no damage mods and you can get hit 4x in a single second)
>>
>>126066649
Doryani's Fist.
>>
>>126057461
Fourth difficulty where every boss is Torchoak Grove
>>
>>126066632
just fucking play jesus dont listen to poohgee
>>
>almost have a retarded rip because forgetting to flask a bleed by some rare

remember to get 7 hours of sleep poeg!
>>
File: nice meme.png (385 KB, 670x372) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.png
385 KB, 670x372
I just opened up the game... I'm scared
>>
File: 1447563574794.jpg (33 KB, 268x280) Image search: [Google]
1447563574794.jpg
33 KB, 268x280
>>126067502
>having global open
>>
>get a nice item with a fairly stable price
>can't be assed putting it in the shop
>try and sell it in trade
>100% item flippers whispering outrageous lowballs

trade chat is fucking unusable
>>
>>126067616
trade chat?
>>
>>126067240
They actually made Torchoak grove harder every patch by making all the little totems fire at different spots.

That unique rakango Tsitseraki or so is absolutely insane as well. I wonder if they tested that boss at all. You can clear all of act 4 with ease, but this guy can gib you instantly for all your life.
>>
>>126067616
>>126067727
Oh its nice.

But it works only if you sell for a price slightly lower than the lowest on poe.trade (discarding the joke prices on poe.trade).

I often even managed to sell an item higher than poe.trade simply because everyone was offline.

>>126067502
Nicememebuild.

Sounds like vaal spark.

How come GGG doesn't hotfix that crap? Its much more broken than someone who can 100% slow with a lv 4 empower, atziri's disfavour and all 20% quality gems.
>>
>>126045082
I chiselled then alched rip tier mods on a penninsula tier 8 map. I got 5 tier 9 maps as returns lol.

tier 9 maps are like 8-10 c at the moment. Only bad thing was 2 damage mods and beyond. If I spawned a beyond boss he could easily oneshot my 6k hp, even with fortify on. It was curse immume map as well.

I almost died to a fucking rare devourer in that map along with a few beyonders hitting me for insane damage at a certain moment.

This is how people sustain maps by continously running this kind of shit. That's why top maps are cheaper in softcore since softcore players don't care much about dying past 90 or so since 90-100 takes so insanely long.
>>
>>126067608
I use 820... it opens up to whatever when you open the game
>>
I have a 45 witch with a skill reset, she was a summoner, any fun build you can recommend? Are support builds viable?
>>
>>126034308
it died off since gems are sold in vendors now, before everyone put the ones that dropped there
>>
Do tormented spirits have a higher chance of spawning on maps inhabitated by undead? I just had 4 in my undead Shore
>>
File: 1436704850028.png (81 KB, 896x198) Image search: [Google]
1436704850028.png
81 KB, 896x198
>>126069025
>playing perm leagues
kill yourself, fgt
>>
>>126069025
I'm currently running summoner support, it works pretty well. Victario's Influence with Hatred, Wrath, Anger and Haste, Prism Guardian with Discipline and Purity of Elements. My solo clear speed is not amazing, but it's really safe, and my summons are practically immortal
>>
>Thraxia
One volley of her screen covering projectiles does 4k damage what the fuck
>>
File: 1448245699560.jpg (16 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1448245699560.jpg
16 KB, 356x356
>>126070078
>current year
>not having block
>>
File: PRAISE.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PRAISE.jpg
649 KB, 1920x1080
Have the gods smiled upon you today /poeg/?
>>
File: 1449569410369.jpg (127 KB, 1044x488) Image search: [Google]
1449569410369.jpg
127 KB, 1044x488
>>126070445
>reserving life

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Capture.jpg (65 KB, 589x625) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
65 KB, 589x625
He just runs away, like RUNS away!
It's so fun to miss killing him because he just keeps running away
We need to praise the individual who designed such epic mob, it's just so great!
>>
are you retarded?
>>
>>126070956
Some of those spirits are also completely overpowered (their effect).

The arsonist one that gives the firestorm effect at higher maps does insane base damage without even damage mods active. Not sure why GGG hasn't hotfixed that, after all the firestorm buffs it can even make the Gorge map boss an impossible task.
>>
Is it even worth trying to sell 5 socket stuff? Seems like it just takes up space.
>>
>>126071864
who the fuck buys 5s stuff? you mean like white 5s? nobody would buy that trash
>>
File: Ondar's_Guile_passive_icon.png (24 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Ondar's_Guile_passive_icon.png
24 KB, 128x128
>>126070078
>he doesn't know how to dance around arrows
>you will never have the guile of ondar ever again
>>
>>126071381
why do you keep asking me this
>>
File: 1360603001496.png (13 KB, 340x45) Image search: [Google]
1360603001496.png
13 KB, 340x45
>>126073502
>>
File: Untitled.png (89 KB, 1529x290) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89 KB, 1529x290
>accidently log on to old character on sc

wew lad
>>
>>126070956
The most annoying shit with these guys is that you can't push em away from walls, the best you can do is run them along the side. ggg also nerfed the bonus for running through mobs, so chances are it'll not be worth your time.
>>
>>126071936
>sold two 5 links for 15c each the first week into the league

I'll never be able to jew like this again
>>
File: 1440670048402.jpg (36 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1440670048402.jpg
36 KB, 500x414
esk is on the verge of becoming reddit

how do we save him, poeg?
>>
File: 1386629165007.jpg (18 KB, 567x78) Image search: [Google]
1386629165007.jpg
18 KB, 567x78
>>126070956
>he doesn't use vaal rain of arrows to lock them in place
stay pleb, fagit
>>
>>126073654

The worst, absolutely worst thing is that tormented spirits expire in such a short time. It is a chore and luck to find a rare/unique to bait it TO a tormented spirit. Sometimes, all you have to do is to be in vicinity, not even hearing the fucker for him to engage timer and expire.

IDK what GGG were thinking when they made them - absolutely retarded AI and pathfinding, and that dreadfull expiration timer.

I missed a Smugler like that. It kept hugging the wall like a treehugger and refused to enter a rare monster, that was a hands reach from him.

Fuck GGG.
>>
File: a8d45359b6[1].jpg (11 KB, 489x19) Image search: [Google]
a8d45359b6[1].jpg
11 KB, 489x19
>>
>>126075092
just ignore them if you hate them that much
>>
File: 1439893750830.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439893750830.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>>126075202
>ignoring free drops
kek, stay poor
>>
>>126075527
>tutorialcore
>>
File: Breads.jpg (36 KB, 200x313) Image search: [Google]
Breads.jpg
36 KB, 200x313
>>126075527
>Divine Orb 14c
u wot
>>
>>126075648
They're 2:1 exalted orb in perm leagues.

If it wasn't for tabula rasa they would be more like 2 exalted orbs for 1 divine as they're more rare than exalted orb drops.
>>
>>126075202

I dont hate them, i hate their mechanics. I actualy like TS very very much, because of potentialy good drops and a good challenge.
>>
>>126066265
>But i like how i play. I have fun and my guildmates have fun playing with me. And my audiences (people who watch me play in my room) cheer when i kill very hard bosses.

this line really boost it from a meh tier copypasta to some good shit my man
>>
yo any build advice for new League?

Just came back from 6month of Break
played SA/TS Ranger before, want something with Energy Shield or atleast fun this Time
>>
>>126049304
bladefall and srs are fine
vaal spark is just overpowered
>>
File: AYOOO.jpg (38 KB, 940x288) Image search: [Google]
AYOOO.jpg
38 KB, 940x288
>>126076258
CI EE Trapper
>>
Didn't they change boss map drops making them only be able to drop -2 and +2? Temple piety just gave me a fucking grotto
>>
>>126070627
retard
>>
>>126076673
could u spell it out? im kinda new ( 250hrs )
>>
>>126076829
Just google hybrid trapper path of exile

Probably better than CI 2bh
>>
>>126076691
calling someone a retard doesn't accomplish anything unless you explain why they're a retard, anon
>>
>>126076673
>that post gets you a warning on /vg/

could someone have a chat with /sp/s jannies about being more relaxed then? a comparable post there would've been a 30day.
>>
File: 1438452057668.webm (2 MB, 305x267) Image search: [Google]
1438452057668.webm
2 MB, 305x267
>silly catposter
>>
GUYS
what new unique build I can roll a build on? It will be an attack build because spells are for leveling (aside from vaal spark)
>>
File: 1449397238464.png (75 KB, 348x301) Image search: [Google]
1449397238464.png
75 KB, 348x301
>>126077417
what do you want?
>>
>>126077968
~cat
>>
>>126077968
I-I love you
>>
>>126066654
what expensive gear do you need for vaal spark?

also link the thread if you can
>>
>>126078304
shavs 5l
chill of corruption
sacrificial harvests
>>
>capped resistances
>4.5k hp
>fortify
>need to get close to deal damage
>t6 temple boss shreds me in seconds

What am i missing?
>>
>>126078441
The "not getting hit" part
And the fact that some bosses are retarded compared to others, like temple one
>>
Can someone explain why divination destille is not used in every build for farming?

It seems retardly good since it only takes a flask slot?
>>
>>126079015
you need to be able to reliably deplete your manapool/life it's not possible for some builds
>>
>>126076690
they only limited the map drop levelwise upwards (so +2), downwards it's unlimited. Which is pretty retarded
>>
>level 90 5700 life 120k + penetration single target dps cold based tornado shot
>shit dies fast, clears well, great DPS
>really fucking hate the inconsistency of crits(65% crit and 93% hit rate)
>just want to go pure unmitigateable physical DPS EK

How good is EK's solo clear speed? I have 30 regrets free and just need 2-3 exalts for the gem and a new wand/shield and rings.

His stats will be

37k physical dps + 11k cold from hatred zero buffs/charges/curses factored.
2% life leech from gem
6000 life, 47% eva(65% with flask) and acro+phase acro + atziri spell acro boost

37k physical damage is equal to 150k tooltip elemental DPS anyway cause

>muh res
>penetration?! that's a tooltip dps loss!
>>
>>126079107
What does depleting life/mana have to do with it?
>>
>>126079225
The flask effect goes away if your life/mana is refilled.
>>
>>126079225
The mf effect ends as soon as flask recovers your hp/mana
>>
File: spongebab.jpg (11 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
spongebab.jpg
11 KB, 392x243
Do craft a 5l or take my chances with a 6l?
>>
>>126080057
take a 6socket base and use the inevitable 5l
>>
File: 14506885991160.png (73 KB, 298x448) Image search: [Google]
14506885991160.png
73 KB, 298x448
r/ GULP GULP OUT OF MANA copypasta
>>
Using Mjolner with Molten/Lightning Strike, what's the best to sustain mana?
Or just bend over and use Blood Magic support?
>>
I could use some help with my new non-devotion mjölner build:

Im roughly folling some guide, my tree has only lightning damage, no elemental, for this reason i was told to use lightning strike as the trigger ability.

So my chest looks like this: LS-Faster attacks-multistrike-?-?.

The guide says blood magic and LMP for the last 2 slots, but i always have full mana even without BM and LMP would only help with AOE damge, my problem is boss damage though.

Should i stick in empower?

Second weird part is the shield gems, guide says CoH-HoT-Warlords mark which results in the mark only being applied when 1 of the thunderbolts from the heralds hits, which is really unreliabe

Any help appreciated
>>
>>126078441
temple piesto is godmode pretty much
even my 75/75 mjolner had trouble tanking her
>>
>>126080917
if you don't have the mana just go blood magic.
or get a +2 mana on hit jewel/s
>>
Post your background music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw5AiRVqfqk
>>
>>126080725
AHAHAHAH IM LAUGHING IM IN TEARS
WHAT HAS THIS RETARD WILSON DONE TO HIS FUCKING GAME?

Everyone told him "Normal diffculty is slow and boring" so what he did was gut mana leech so that now the early game is 10 times slower and more boring, what A FUCKING IDIOT.

mana leech has been divided by like 20, it stacks but reach the rate cap after like 3 stacks, and then mana pots were fucking nerfed to restore less mana per use, and then clarity was fucking nerfed too why not. So basically, even with leech and clarity you can't sustain attacks even while poting while before leech was enough. And they didn't even remove that fucking oom line so your retarded char is permanently stuck in a time loop saying 'I'm out of mana' 'I'm out of mana".

AHHHH WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS SO BAD SO SUCKY SO BORING SO AWKWARD SO MEDIOCRE GULP GULP GULP GULP IM OUT OF MANA GULP GULP OUT OF MANA IM NEVER GIVING YOU ANOTHER CENT YOU IDIOT YOU DESTROYED YOUR OWN GAME IM GONNA SIT BACK AND WATCH YOUR FACE WHEN YOU REALIZE EVERYONE IS PLAYING TOTEM THEN LEAVING THE GAME OUT OF MINDNUMBING BORINESS GULP GULP OUT OF MANA
>>
File: 1445722404985.gif (35 KB, 408x397) Image search: [Google]
1445722404985.gif
35 KB, 408x397
>>126081460
Thanks family
>>
>>126081460
doesn't the reduce mana cost jewelry fix all that shit? and the reduce mana cost nodes?

I think the intention was to make more things required to sustain skill spam, and not just lel I use this one thing and now i have infinite mana and can abuse MOM or have a retardedly small mana pool and a bajillion auras reserving 95 of my mana.

I think the problem was not realizing this sooner and spoiling the players. There's a lot of unfun mechanics and gear checks in the game which hate, but I can see where having near infinite casts with so little effort was a problem, blood magic was a big tradeoff, either the node or the gem, both gimp you considerably to have near infinite mana, while clarity and mana leech were too good with no drawbacks.

The problem is how they change things, and leave people with their stupid expensive to cast builds, and now they can't sustain what they used to do.
>>
Just started the game lads what spec should I go?
>>
>>126082137
Nigger the post that was responding to specifically asked for the gulp gulp oom pasta. It's a pasta you autist.
>>
>>126082340
holy paladin
>>
>>126082340
just fireball with LMP, fire pen and echo, pretty OP right now
>>
For TailsmanHC its maybe viable a CoC+Ciclone with Staff starting with Scion? Or I'm wasting my time doing somenthing impossible?
>>
>>126082394
GMP, all AOE nodes and 4 jewels minimum bitch
>>
are corrupted items good?
>>
>>126080975
Nobody has any pointers?
>>
so incinerate was gimped right? what's a good alternative to that?
>>
>>126084439

Bladefall.
>>
>>126084439
>base damage nerfed
>casting speed nerfed
>more multiplier divided by two for each stage
nah, it's fine, it's just around 600% less efficient :)
>>
>>126084773
but bladefall is physical, my build has fire shit
>>
>>126085181

Flame Totem / Searing Bond or Firestorm Spell Totem.
>>
>>126085181
standard shitter pls go
>>
File: 2038402384230.jpg (14 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
2038402384230.jpg
14 KB, 320x213
>a 5 second delay on my logout macro
>>
>>126085712
>esc
>logout

only plebs use macros.
>>
File: 1449962461386.jpg (116 KB, 394x500) Image search: [Google]
1449962461386.jpg
116 KB, 394x500
>trying to get willorin demontamer to pick up a talisman
>drop the 3 talismans i had in my inevntory
>he stands right on top of them
>doesnt pick any up
>try for 2 minutes
>get asspissed
>go to my stash
>get literally 30 talismans
>drop them all on the ground near him
>30 seconds later he finally picks one up
>kill him in three hits
>>
>>126085818
>I'm too lazy/dumb to set up a macro

escape+clicking is the only REAL GAYMER way of playing this game
>>
>>126085818
>doesn't directly send tcp packet to disconnect
>>
>>126086025
alt+f4 isn't safe?
>>
>>126086014
>drop talisman near him
>portal out
>portal in
>stand around in grace period until he picks it up
its fucking easy mate
>>
>>126067984
>>126067984
what is it that vaal spark actually does so well?
dont you have to kill billions before getting to use it?
>>
>>126089057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwgnqLtRC_E
>>
>>126079170
>EK
senpai pls
>>
have you found something that you think it's OP but the community doesn't acknowledge it?
>>
>>126075043

hey, thats my character
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 148

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.