[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/arkg/ Ark: Survival Evolved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: Terror_Burd.jpg (122 KB, 800x518) Image search: [Google]
Terror_Burd.jpg
122 KB, 800x518
Delayed meme dino edition

>Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral

>Patch Notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server

Dinos 'n Chill
NFA PvP
149.202.195.127:27057

NFA PvE
72.20.53.53:18816 (Password: arkg)
>>
First fur burd
>>
>>
>>125730304
How are the pvp servers? I heard you guys are on some custom map. Is it just a bunch of griefing at this point, or can you build without much fear of complete annihilation>
>>
File: 2015-09-12_00001.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-12_00001.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>The basin will never look the same
>>
>>125737353
Eh, it looked like shit. Should've just left the thing with some turrets and tried to build something nice.
>>
>>125736817
The latter. Everyone is super chill on DnC PVP. you can build without much fear
>>
>>125739021
This pic was really early on in building and the main pen for dinos
>>
meme beaver when?
>>
D
DE
DED
ED
D
>>
>>125741229
We need to finish the meme snails first
>>
>page 10
>>
>tfw no moa gf
>>
The sky needs more diversity
>>
Guys, Question.

I'm currently in the process of taming an Argentavis on my Raft/Barge.

When this thing finally wakes up, will it follow me Flying, or do I need to keep it on my Barge?

We have a base set up on Herb Island and I went far north in exploration, but I'm just checking to see how tedious this Argentavis is going to be.

So... Will it fly along in Follow or will it try to walk?
>>
>>125763475
Flyers always follow by flying and its based on distance.

Anyone want to bet that the patch is going to get delayed again?
>>
>>125763712
Thanks bud.

I was just curious, It's my first time going after a flying mount/dino. (I'm level 41)
>>
>>125763712
I'm so happy we've waited so long for the meme Dino no one wanted or asked for but Reddit.

Thanks, Wild Card, for these wonderful updates.
>>
server hasn't crashed since that update mania day a while back. no lag besides the autosave thing either.
awesome.
>>
>>125768318
Yeah even my ping had been around 50 - 70 lately.
Connecting from east coast US
>>
Quick. Keep the thread alive. Post pictures of your dinos/bases
>>
>>125772121
I would ,but Sentinel killed my tames
>>
>>125772121
I live in a cave deep in the sea. We don't have Cameras down here. Only Cold, Eerie Darkness... and Teeth.
>>
>>125758692
This the other birds there adding or fucking shit small meme birds.
>>
>>125774794
I bet they have done dumb ass taming gimmick too.
>>
So how is the game these days?

I bought it in early access when it was first released, but I didn't expect it to be THAT unstable, so I refunded it for something else I was interested in at the time.

Worth a purchase?
>>
>>125777504
Do you enjoy minecraft?

Would you enjoy minecraft with better graphics?

Do you enjoy losing everything you own offline if you go to a PvP server?

If you decide to do PvE, do you enjoy only having Dinosaur AI as a major threat?

Do you enjoy teamwork?

Do you have friends?

Your choice depends on your answers, Anon.
>>
>>125778094
>Do you enjoy minecraft?
Somewhat, I had a lot of fun with it when it was new
>Would you enjoy minecraft with better graphics?
Probably
>Do you enjoy losing everything you own offline if you go to a PvP server?
I'm not into PVP
>If you decide to do PvE, do you enjoy only having Dinosaur AI as a major threat?
This is fine, sounds like Minecraft
>Do you enjoy teamwork?
yep
>Do you have friends?
**no**
>>
>>125778295
It's a pretty solid game if you just enjoy being Turok and hunting down your Tames and building a House.

Stability is "GOOD" if you pick the right server. Generally low Pop, close as possible. Still a few LOLWUT moments with collision factors and whatnot.

I personally have fun with deep sea exploration. I like to isolate myself but peep in every once in a while on those land dwellers and the deep sea is the best way to do it.

Your call, Anon.
>>
>>125778295
Buy it. Join us in dnc. Pretty calm server with a huge map so even if you're new you can hide in the woods and learn how to play before getting better and joining a tribe. Sometimes you get raided. Shit happens. Rates make rebuilding bearable. Trust me, we recently lost everything, but we're rebuilding and are continuing to build.
This game will occasionally frustrate the shit out of you. Just take a couple days off.
>>
>>125777504
No, don't buy this game, wait for release.

Devs are starting to get shitty and with the new xbone release it's going to be a toss up whether they get worse or not.
>>
>>125780082
At a $30 price if say it's worth it. IMO
>>
>>125781571
I expect there to be a winter sale soon
>>
>>125781571
Oh you'll get your money's worth for sure.

The devs just don't deserve it right now.
>>
>>125788034
I'll cut them a bit of slack because it's holiday season, but if they carry this into the new year, I'll agree
>>
>>125767036
Why is reddit so shit?
>>
>here have a meme kangaroo
>meanwhile the seas are still barren
>>
jax raid when
>>
>>125796423
After he gets his metal arms put on.
>>
>>125796719
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.
>>
>>125790241
That's such an easy fix too, they just have to change the spawn system so it stops thinking trilobites count as sharks.

Or just make them actually despawn at a reasonable rate.
>>
>>125800707
I don't want 50 million sharks, I want more diversity than 3 apex predators, ichtys, and the occasional angler. I would love to see bait balls, and other smaller filler fish, plus some herbivores/filter feeders. Right now, the ocean is boring as fuck
>>
>>125801132
I'd be happy if we had 50 sharks. The seas as is you're lucky to find ten.

Yes it needs diversity, but the diversity isn't going to mean shit when everything turns into trilobites.

It also needs stone, metal, obsidian, and crystal spawns.
>>
>Place gets raided
>pin coded boxes were destroyed to get the things in them
>rebuild
>place raided again
>left boxes unlocked this time so I don't have to keep replacing them
>still get destroyed
for what reason?
>>
>>125803396
I agree on stone and metal, but the other two should be on land only. I like Valhalla because the oceans are necessary for chitin to make paste, plus pearls and oil. Sharks sharing spawns with trilos is dumb, but more sharks doesn't make the ocean better.
>>
>>125803767
Vaults are cheap enough to spam, build those. Even if you stick them out in the open on thatch foundations, no one with touch them
>>
>>125804139
I'm on an official server so I'm having trouble getting all the mats needed for more than one right now
>>
>>125804886
So? Build one. They are expensive to destroy compared to their cost, especially if you are going to store misc low value shit in them
>>
>>125805116
I already have one you stupid faggot. I said I can't get the materials to spam them like you suggested. Reading comprehension is key.
>>
>>125803991
You mean like how oil and pearls are underwater only? There's no reason to restrict things that actually make sense underwater from being underwater.

Sharks make the ocean dangerous. Up to a point more sharks make it better because it provides something to do with you massive useless mosasaur. Eventually you want something to take some of the shark spawns, but for now they are the xp fodder of the ocean.

I am of course talking about the vanilla map, because Valhalla is irrelevant to balance discussions.
>>
>>125737353
>triton will never enter TS again and ask "are ya winnin son?"
>>
>>125805306
So get more materials for more or just get your shit destroyed every time, but don't bitch when it happens
>>
>>125805692
good riddance. He showed his true colors during the fight with Padiddy. Sometimes I kinda wondered if he was actually in communication with him and making a deal to let us lose ground to them just so he didn't have to fight.
>>
>>125806086
>Triton has us farm so he can build a city
>"game lags too much I don't want to play"
>quits game for months
>>
>>125805657
I don't agree with the way oil and pearls became easier to farm thanks to the winter biome. But if they add underwater volcanic activity, I'd be fine with obsidian and crystals.

Endless sharks just feels like if you went to a zone and all it had was carnos or rexes every 10 feet. Predators are less menacing when they are the only thing around. I want them to add more to the ocean so it's not just sharks, then they can boost the density of the wildlife.
>>
>>125806609
Well, yes, that's what I meant by "up to a point." The way it was before was annoying, the way it is now is boring.

Until they give us diversity I'd at least like the ocean to be useful for something, even if it's just prime farming. Either way the ocean suffers from the trilo-blight.
>>
>>125807179
We might be able to look into some way around this but Im not actually sure how we would go about it, would probably mean weighting shark spawns but that still involves people furiously killing trillos to stop them accumulating..
>>
>>125807450
I don't play really, ask the active players what they think.
>>
>>125807179
Speaking from Valhalla, I constantly go to the ocean to farm trilos. Frogs completely remove that need on vanilla. Even though it's more difficult to get paste, I prefer it this way
>>
>>125807450
I think he's talking about vanilla. Please don't kill my trilogy spawns on Valhalla, fuck sharks.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.