[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hmg/ - Hotline Miami General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: hotmeme memami 2.jpg (523 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
hotmeme memami 2.jpg
523 KB, 1680x1050
"YOU LITERALLY COULD BE MAKING SOME OF THE BEST MAPS OF ALL TIME RIGHT NOW" edition

MAKE SOME LEVELS OR PLAY SOME LEVELS ALREADY

http://dennaton.blogspot.no/2015/12/level-editor-manual-basics.html
http://steamcommunity.com/app/274170/discussions/1/
https://www.reddit.com/r/hotlinemiamimaps
>>
>>125361642
so is the level editor any good?
>>
>>125362530
It is. You can make pretty decent playable maps with it and have cutscenes and everything

My problem is that shotguns have random ammo counts when you pick them up. So sometimes you'll get a shotgun with 30, fucking the balance of the map entirely.
>>
Fucked around with it a bit. Already have a nice idea, but the controls are really shaky.

When I have more time, I will try it out.

Also:
>put door in wall thinking it would replace wall
>doesn't, wonder why door doesn't open
>>
File: 1436752741468.png (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436752741468.png
168 KB, 400x400
>>125361642
>no static melee enemies for when random or patrol just don't do it
>>
can we compile a list of verified meme free maps
>>
File: level.png (705 B, 34x57) Image search: [Google]
level.png
705 B, 34x57
It's pretty good so far. It's crashed on me a couple of times now, which is fairy frustrating but I'll give that a pass because it's still in beta. I've played a few good levels from the community but I'm honestly kind of annoyed with the majority of the levels. A lot of people have no idea what makes for good gameplay and base their maps around baiting and shooting, which isn't very fun. I'm looking forward to Steam workshop support so we can get some truly good levels without having to search through /vg/ and the Hotline Miami subreddit, but when the fuck is that going to happen? Dennaton Games has a tendency to delay things and while I'm glad to have my hands on the editor, I'm afraid it's going to be in beta for a while.

Also, rate my VHS cover art.
>>
>>125371462
can you link your level?
>>
>>125362530
Not in the slightest
I don't want to link my shit but trust me when I say there's more broken in it than working
>>
>>125371462
f*ck you my levels are great
>>
>>125377851

It's still a work in progress but here's what I have so far

mediafire.com/download/m3zbg3pg0uzlg3l/Trap+House.zip
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.