[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skyforge General /sfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
File: 18922568560_fe111189ee.jpg (71 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
18922568560_fe111189ee.jpg
71 KB, 500x431
>What is Skyforge?
Skyforge is a FREE TO WIN, free to play MMO action RPG where you take the role of being a god. Like a god, you will have believers and followers and it is up to you to go and smite the many evil of the world (PVE). At the same time, there are other rival gods that will compete with you (PVP) and other gods that want to ally with you to defeat other gods (pantheon/guild/clan). On the other hand, you must give directions to your followers and believers to grow your religion ever more powerful. It is up to you on how to make your religion great and become one of the best gods of the world.

>How do I get this game?
Go to sf.my.com and download the client (10GB). Check the codex for Steam integration.

>Game Guides
http://pastebin.com/2P2UKuEz

>what is this game like?
13 classes, with more coming, no healing class.
DPS, tank, support, Switch classes at will.
World/instance system that is the same style as FFXI.
combat system like Dark Soul; you have to move your ass to avoid or dodge attacks, 99.99% of all attacks are readable.
Unlock passives, classes, and increase stats in a FFX-style grid with PoE elements.
Enhances any class you play with the general tree or the actual class in its own separate tree.
Each major node also has some milestone talent, slot or passive.

>What about gear?
General gear for all classes.
Class-specific gear for dmg/hp.
Gear carries stats; dmg, crit%, hp, etc. and prestige; your power level.
Prestige unlocks new content.
No traditional levels.

>/vg/ guilds?
NA: Warbros
Also: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skyfgen

>OC & lewd
http://imgur.com/a/pTgUC

>OP pasta:
http://pastebin.com/Gf5XDj7R
>>
File: kek2.jpg (629 KB, 3605x622) Image search: [Google]
kek2.jpg
629 KB, 3605x622
>mfw archer class tree is an arrow
>>
File: Comic_Template_Skyforge.png (926 KB, 720x740) Image search: [Google]
Comic_Template_Skyforge.png
926 KB, 720x740
>>
for some reason ignum 3man gave invasion bonus
>>
File: _recruitmentpic.jpg (339 KB, 1575x788) Image search: [Google]
_recruitmentpic.jpg
339 KB, 1575x788
>>123829908
Warbros recruitment has recommenced on NA. The Ether Projector is finished and all obelisks have been upgraded to rank3. Distortion runs have been going smooth, with A1 on farm and more in the future as more people pass 68k.

Respond to this post or the OP with:

>your IGN
>a haiku or poem

and I will invite you to the pantheon as soon as I am able. You must follow all the steps in a single post to be invited and you must be online in order to receive the invite.
We currently have 13 slots available for recruitment.
>>
File: 3funart.jpg (177 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
3funart.jpg
177 KB, 722x1024
>>
File: 1445699047358.gif (161 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445699047358.gif
161 KB, 640x480
playing pvp with a stock cryos for gears and tac sense and no ice slide is hard. I wanted to get on pally to rape them right up their ass.
>>
https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/565bf88f3798d7fc2d3165b6
>>
File: Sun-Cryomancer-Fan-Art-CBT3.png (359 KB, 800x685) Image search: [Google]
Sun-Cryomancer-Fan-Art-CBT3.png
359 KB, 800x685
how do you fight slayers in pvp as cryos?
>>
>>123846885
we should absorb that guy to spam for warbros :^)
>>
What do you call a group of people who are brain dead? Cerebral
>>
>>123849953
Go to sleep Raz
>>
Gorgonide bike mount when?
>>
>>123835503
ebin

very subtle

i like it
>>
ded
>>
File: Datass.jpg (72 KB, 590x775) Image search: [Google]
Datass.jpg
72 KB, 590x775
>>123829908
>>
I'm looking for an MMO with lots of getting a group and farming mobs for hours, is this one like that?
>>
>>123867467
yes, we farmed clan raids for 6 hours non-stop 2 days ago
>>
>>123868293
okay! I see there is some support classes, are they some kind of dedicated buffer or just some dps class that has a buff or two?
>>
>>123868394

Alchemist buff skills dont use rosource so you are free to use all of it on damaging skills but still i wouln'nt call it a DPS class

Lightbinder is more about ptotection and uses a chanelled light beam (that consumes energy) to buff people
>>
>page 10
>>
>>123868394
Alchemist is the dedicated buffer. It has basically a 180% single-target boost every 40 or so seconds (with items) which can be used as a 90% boost every 20 seconds instead. It has a team-wide 30% boost every 1:30 and it has a AoE debuff that increases damage done to targets by 45% boost every 2:30. These all stack for retarded burst (2.9 * 1.3 * 1.45 = 5.466). Coordinating alchemist buffs is one of the biggest (but definitely not the hardest) parts of higher-prestige play. Alchemist's other jobs include timing their terminal which can be used by teammates for a temporary invincibility and prancing around with a comical walk animation.

Lightbinder's single-target buff is awkward and their AoE buffs are great to stack onto Alch's buffs, but in isolation Alch's are far better. Lightbinder's play mostly revolves around timing team-wide and damage reduction, immunity, and debuff-purging/immunity so that everyone survives and is healthy.

There are a few DPS classes that have some minor debuffs that increase team damage, but besides Witch's Volatile Curse, I don't think any of these are very good.
>>
https://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/wars-onset-pantheon-wars

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>123868394
there are no healing skills in this game, you can only shield people
>>
>>123876216
>more grinding
>now you have to get your pantheon to grind with you

I want off this train.
>>
File: 1409675402956.jpg (63 KB, 496x833) Image search: [Google]
1409675402956.jpg
63 KB, 496x833
>>123878770
>I am an autistic loner that hate the sight of people
mean while everyone loves to play with friends
>>
>>123884417
Not everyone thinks grinding in a video game is the same as playing it ya dumb cunt.
>>
>>123846885

Aurora picked up their progression team.
Exile picked up their PvP team, which was mostly the scrubby TBT guys.

Did Warbros Autismâ„¢ slay the Avatar?
>>
>>123876145

Some clarification:

Lightbinder provides 100% damage to the raid for 14 seconds. Stream is actually very good, it's just not used as often because it doesn't stack with Stims (unless you're providing off-stats). If you don't bring an LB to your raids, you're a scrub.

As he said, though, every end game fight relies on you taking greatest advantage of your supports. They're responsible for most of your survivability, and around 70% of the raid's damage output. If you like coordination, you're going to like this game.

I should also note that Volatile Curse is in fact a shit ability. You can't crit shields, so it's a huge damage loss for the raid unless your top DPS are Berserkers. Witch is a garbage class for garbage players, and should never be taken to serious content.
>>
>>123890042
>Witch is a garbage class for garbage players, and should never be taken to serious content.
Please tell me at least Necro isn't worthless because I really wanted to main Witch...
>>
File: vc.jpg (153 KB, 1360x780) Image search: [Google]
vc.jpg
153 KB, 1360x780
>>123890042
Just because you can't SEE the crit graphic doesn't mean you aren't critting. I bet you also think you can't crit on impulse.

(left is a normal Explosion of Darkness: 38k, right is a crit Explosion of darkness: 98k. For the sake of this demonstration I put on 0 crushing blow.)

Go ahead, spread more disinformation.
>>
>>123892364

Take 3 Kinetics, 3 Alchs, a Lightbinder, and a Witch. Do two boss fights.

On the first boss fight, the Witch curses during burst.
On the second boss fight, the Witch doesn't curse.

Which boss takes more damage?

The answer is the second boss, by a very significant margin.

It's been tested many times by many people.

Nice red herring, though
>>
>>123891187

Necro is worthless.

There's no "{maining" classes in this game, though, and you need not always play an ideal one. You will be switching frequently to suit your group, or if only to avoid boredom.

Most content can be completed regardless of your group or raid composition, and all solo content can be completed by all classes.

You do need a viable class for serious content, though.
>>
>>123891187
>>123896259

That being said, we're also having a major balance patch in a few days. Things may very well change.
>>
>>123896009
That has nothing to do with whether you crit shields or not, that has to do with the ratio of boss HP to Witch damage. The barrier which you need to overcome scales (I'm not sure if it's linear or what) with the enemy's HP, but the amount of damage that it does when popped doesn't. This means VC is extremely strong until it isn't, and the determining factor is how much HP the boss has.

If you don't understand something don't try to explain it.
>>
>>123897164

Is it? That's possible. Whether or not the justification is wrong, the conclusion is the same.

The same cannot be said for your counter-argument, though.
>>
>>123897462
Your conclusion is incomplete. Witch is not a "shit class for shitters" Witch is a class that has very specific uses and can be used to great effect to speed up certain weaker bosses or bosses with high shields and vulnerability phases.
>>
>>123896447
But we already know the contents of that balance patch anon.
>>
>>123897648

I don't think it can, though. What situations are you talking about, exactly?

I've cleared up to B4 and killed the Mech Avatar. I can't imagine any situation where I would choose to bring a Witch to anything. The only time I can imagine it being useful, as I said, is if you have shitty supports and your highest DPS are Berserkers.

Are you talking about in 3 mans?

>boss with high shields or vulnerability phases

I honestly don't even know what you're implying here. Are you talking about something like B1? Are you saying that putting a big ass shield on top of another big ass shield would somehow be helpful?
>>
>>123896259
>You do need a viable class for serious content, though.
Which would that be? Besides tank and support.
>>
>>123898639
Whichever is the #1 dps for that specific content.
>>
>>123899004
which are usually amongst the top?
>>
>>123899797
Right now Kinetic is the top single target dps in the game.

After Wednesday's patch it'll be Gunner.
>>
>>123899885
so following the logic of this quote chain you need to play gunner or gtfo after wednesday
>>
>>123900065
It isn't that simple.

Unless you're doing uber high end content there's no need to play the #1 dps class.
>>
>>123900235
so which classes are viable then?
>>
>>123902515
After Wednesday's patch:
Gunner, Cryomancer, Berserker, Kinetic
>>
>>123902849
what about monk, necro, witch?
>>
I literally just started playing this game due to this general.

How do I maximize my fun without getting bored like I did with Tera?
>>
>>123903084
Monk is useless, Necro is close to useless.

Witch and Archer aren't as bad but they're not very up there.
>>
>>123903263
>Monk is useless

why ;_;

what a shitty balanced game if half the dps are useless
>>
>>123903228

Same as most MMOs; find a pleasant group of people to play with.

Use your sparks carefully. Don't rush your cap; always get holy texts when you can.

If you're going to spend money; Use it on

>keeping Premium
>Upgrading your Red and Green Vectors
>Upgrading your Chapels (only up to rank 25)

Try to avoid converting Argents to credits as often as possible, since it's pretty inefficient compared to buying Ether Cores / Holy Texts.

The events are pay to participate, but always try to plan it so you can spend money on them. They give a lot of enhancement stones, holy texts, and consumable items that are worth the cost, and they usually reward you with an upgrade item that is necessary for staying viable. You can buy those items afterwards, but it's usually more expensive.

In general, just be patient. Unless you're trying to keep up with friends / pantheon members for progression, you shouldn't have to be spending much money.
>>
>>123904921
But anon, holy texts are cheaper if you buy them with converted argents into credits.
>>
Can't fucking wait for cap increase on Wednesday...

Bored as fuck atm.
>>
>>123905370

That's bonkers, anon, I never noticed. Then again, it's been a few months since I've actually had to buy holy texts.

What I basically meant is that for things like upgrading the ranks of your vectors and ritual ornaments, it's better to use the credits from your cap rather than converting argents for it.
>>
>>123905812
Since you mentioned events how much money should I expect to spend to max one? I've been holding to my 20k Argents for a few weeks now.
>>
>>123905985

It varies from event to event, anon, but on the last event I think I spent around 35k argents to get to the second chapel upgrade item.

The reality is, though, that the events are literally just slot machines.

If you're terribly unlucky, it can be quite a bit more.

It obviously costs less to simply buy the item you're looking to get after the event ends, but the amount of shit you get in the process is worth more than the amount you would normally spend buying it.

If your chapels are maxed, your ritual ornament is hella strong, and you still have a lot of consumables from another event - it's possible that simply buying it will be more effective.

For newer players, that usually isn't going to be the case though.
>>
>>123906404
Can't wait to get my Temples to 25 so I can start catching up on other shit
>>
>>123906404

Actually, perhaps I take that back. It may cost significantly more if you try to buy it after the event.

If you buy Victor's Medals and purchase the two chapel items from the last event, it's actually 70k argents total. Which is almost double the amount I spent.

It seems you should absolutely participate in the events either way.
>>
what are these events you guys are talking about? I'm on my second week playing this game.
>>
>>123908027

As I said, they're not exactly events so much as a glorified slot machine, and they basically function the same as your adept missions.

You send an adept out, it costs some tokens that you either buy or get as a reward from missions. 8 hours later they come back with some shit. It's either flat event points, or points and an random item like holy texts, consumable, credits, etc.

The event has a progress bar. When you reach a certain amount of event points, you get a certain reward. Most of it is cosmetic shit, but there's usually one or two exclusive upgrade items that you want to get.

It's a shitty ass system, but it is what it is. You're pretty much forced to do them to stay viable.
>>
>>123908971
that sounds really close to being p2w if you can buy tokens with argents.

Is there any event running right now?
>>
>>123909532
No event running right now.
>>
>>123909532

It's not pay to win for that reason, the tokens are easy as fuck to get.

It's pay to even participate. You're essentially required to speed up the missions with argents in order to get the higher rewards.

If you want to stay viable, you have to pay sometimes. That's the deal with this game - have no illusions about that.
>>
>>123912486
so, the whole "free to win" thing in the op is a lie?
>>
>>123912827
No, he's only talking about specific events that aren't competitive or ranked, just cashgrabs.

You can play the game entirely ignoring them or not spending money on them.
>>
>>123914953

Yes, but you'll miss advantages that other people will have. The last event, two double chapels, is very significant.

$35 dollars worth of event rolling, or $70 to buy it afterwards. Or, be at a huge disadvantage. Up to you.
>>
>>123918231
Two double chapels isnt nothing unless you're an autistic minmaxer, plus you can get them withuot paying easily.
>>
Don't worry about the game being pay-to-win. You'll never win even if you pay because of the retarded weekly caps.
>>
Stay alive you beautiful general you
>>
>>123923469
And a mod just locked my thread about cerebral melting because someone in that pantheon got super butthurt that I just wanted to watch their shit burn. Kek.
>>
So, how do I make a very short, very thin woman without ending up with huge missplaced tits?
I put the at the minimum and they are still huge and point up so hard.
>>
I just started today and the game looks pretty fun, it looks like I can easily switch between classes (the only three I have) without losing much progress, but I suppose that changes later, right?
Does leveling a few classes together make sense or should I focus on one and then move onto another one?
Is there a point in the game where you can just get a group of people and farm a lot instead of doing quests?
>>
>>123925202
You get rewarded for completing a class (getting all Ability/Talent nodes) by getting a powerful (usually) class symbol and unlocking two extra symbol slots. There are some pretty powerful symbols so you'll want to focus on maxing a few classes before moving on to a few more. Maxing one at a time is better but I understand if that's a pain early (I didn't max a class until I had already finished most of Lightbinder, Kinetic, and Knight, but after I maxed those three I did it one at a time).

Quests in this game are pretty pointless and solo instances drag on. Like all MMOs grind is the glue that holds the real content together: the end game content. Raids of various forms have interesting mechanics and feel rewarding without requiring high mechanical ability (just good coordination). Unfortunately because of weekly caps it'll take a while to get there. Five mans might tide you over, but they're generally either too filled with idiots who ruin your day or are filled with people who trivialize the entire session because they're past their training wheel phase.
>>
>>123927539
>Quests in this game are pretty pointless and solo instances drag on. Like all MMOs grind is the glue that holds the real content together: the end game content. Raids of various forms have interesting mechanics and feel rewarding without requiring high mechanical ability (just good coordination). Unfortunately because of weekly caps it'll take a while to get there. Five mans might tide you over, but they're generally either too filled with idiots who ruin your day or are filled with people who trivialize the entire session because they're past their training wheel phase.
Oh I see, should I just join some random clan to get a steady group or do I just queue alone until I learn how to play properly?
>>
Why the hell am I a tickle cannon.
And no, the answer isn't git gud.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 176x217) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 176x217
>>123885471
>this anon don't knwo everything you do or play is a grind
>>
>>123927849
You should join Warbros
>>
>>123924969

Go a little bit into the muscled slider, they get smaller.
>>
>>123933326
I thought of that but in the post about rectuitment, it looks like they are pretty organized and are only looking for a small amount of people, it doesn't sound like they are signing random new guys.
>>
>>123933626
>>123839578
Ah, the thread isn't that long, is it always this slow?
>>
>>123933626
>doesn't sound like they are signing random new guys

Fill out the post and find out.
>>
>>123933740
>>123933626
Yes, the thread is slow. Yes, we take random guys just starting out. We're organized but we are a 4chan clan first and foremost, and we're pretty goddamn inclusive.
>>
>>123934785
>>123934929
Okay! I don't remember my character's name, but tomorrow morning I'll post it... except the poem, I'm much too autistic to write anything...
>>
File: Skyforge 2015-11-30 23-49-13-33.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skyforge 2015-11-30 23-49-13-33.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>123933626
>>123935302
If you think skipping steps in the application process is the best course of action, then we eagerly await the results.
>>
File: 1419003252057.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1419003252057.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>joined a steam rolled 10v10 flag game 0-3 with 7 min left
>use pally
>game end with 4-3 came back
at one point I was holding back 3 archers, a slayer and a gunner solo to wait for the other shitters from my team to walk up to the flag and take it back to our base
don't care
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.