[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 177
File: guns.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
guns.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
medieval cannons when edition

previously on /egg/: >>123020941

The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Space Engineers, GMod, Starmade, Robocraft, From the Depths, Machinecraft, Corneroids, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, GearBlocks, Factorio and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>Trailer: [YouTube] Besiege Alpha Trailer

StarMade Steam Trailer
>[YouTube] Official Starmade Trailer

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

GearBlocks:
>http://www.moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Factorio:
>http://www.factorio.com/

Robot Arena 2:
>http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>http://www.zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/
>>
>>123186390
Is the Factorio server up now or nah? I've been meaning to get back into the game and having others to play with would be nice.
>>
/egg/station host/amateur mapper here, looks like the cargo shuttle is a no go so far, believe I'm either missing a turf or obj to mark where the cargo shuttle needs to dock.

Also, need to find out where I can set the amount of supply points a station gets.
>>
File: gunsections.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gunsections.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>123186390
cannons when
>>
>>123186523
>set the amount of supply points a station gets.
Almost certainly hardcoded and hidden deep inside some proc.
>>
>>123186431
but the water boils in like 5 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q5gEZGoBnk
>>
There a way to turn off the speedlimit in space engineers yet?

>>123186523
>/egg/ is gonna have a ss13 station

One of our coders over at /ss13g/ recently did a good rework of how shuttles work if you wanna fork that from the github.

After that, you need to do some initialization through another .dm and you're solid.

Unless you're going full manmode like I've heard and starting from scratch codewise as well
>>
I pirated Space Engineers way back when it was garnering its hype, I thought it was pretty fun but overall not really worth the asking price because there wasn't really anything to it.

Does the planets update change that? I saw that there's now enemies to fight and shit. Can you dogfight in space ships?
Also, probably wishful thinking, but can you exit a planets atmosphere?
>>
>>123186741
does space engineers even double precision?
>>
>>123186619
You doublenigger, the water boils but it still isn't heated. That means it will be just soggy shit. Dried soggy shit.
>>
>>123186031
Okay, I hadn't considered the shit that would happen to the lungs even without them popping from someone holding their breath.

>>123186330
>>123186619
Boiling is a cooling process. It's the heat in the water that you need, not the water vapor.
>>
>>123186619
You could cook your ramen in atmospheric air.
That shit is actually boiling at ambient conditions, right as we speak.
We're like lobsters in a boiling pot, but don't even know it.
>>
>>123186390
Source on webm?
>>
File: preload_world.png (466 KB, 950x563) Image search: [Google]
preload_world.png
466 KB, 950x563
Warbros Server here.

Current server status: Running.

To join up with us, follow these instructions.

First of all, you need to get into the access group. To do so, add/msg this guy:
> http://steamcommunity.com/id/ced23ric

To save yourself some loadtime, preload our mods. Subscribe the to collection here:
> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375603526

There is a preload world which is also part of the collection (offline, creative) which you should start once to prod all mods to download: > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=529237944
You can also use that for offline building, blueprinting and then building on the serbian later. I don't care if you want this server to be vanila, it won't be. It's a shitload of mods, but they have been weighted and tested and they work. Half of them are tweaks and visual shit (no beacon glare, for example) anyway.

WARNING. 1.5GB OF DATA. COURIER PIDGEON INTERNET BEWARE.

You will be invited to a group called "Warbros Space Engineers". That group works as a whitelist. Only people in that group will be able to join the server. That is so I can control better who has access and we don't get unwashed pubbies. Not a circlejerk, you jerks.

Quick rule overview:
- Don't be a dick.
- No megalomanic superbuilds. It's bad for performance and FPS.
- No grid spam, every ship/thing you build is a calculated physics object that eats performance. So, no drone swarms, eh?
- PvP is opt-in between two (or more) consenting parties. No ifs, no butts.
- Only one drill per player. Take the Large Ship Earthbreaker, it's a good drill. Why? Drilling kills the game for everyone. Simu speed drops like a white city girl taking a moonshine shot down South.
- Keep Welders/Grinders to a minimum. Not talking about your average welder with 8 Compacts, but avoid grind platforms.
- Talk to me if you have issues. Don't just shitpost on /egg/, talk to me. I'll see what I can do.

1/2
>>
>>123186590
Noticed that I can set it to infinite, which would work fine for what we're doing.

>>123186741
I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, so I'll probably need some help eventually. Getting the cargo shuttle to work is beyond me.
>>
>>123186948
The Tudors, season 3 or 4, whenever the English invade France and capture some city while the Emperor captures the French King in the southeast in Naples or something.
>>
>>123187008
Are you actually working from a fork of something, like /bay/ or whatever, or from absolute scratch?
>>
File: wbsserbfaq.jpg (265 KB, 1822x685) Image search: [Google]
wbsserbfaq.jpg
265 KB, 1822x685
>>123186986
Some general stuff:

READ THE FAQ (pic related) AND SAVE EVERYONE SOME TIME.

- Server is running in Survival-10-10-10 game mode.
- You are encouraged to make your own faction. Warbros will auto-accept peace. Buddy up with someone, make things happen.
- Warbros faction will not hold your hand. We'll hep if you are conveniently close and can spare the time/resources, though.
- The server will have some QoL addons, such as the helmet mod. Read the description and understand it. Protip: Turn of the glass reflection, set the shadow scale so there is no shadow and deactivate delayed movement.
- Another is Chat History. Type /ch to see the last 50 messages typed in /global. Might help with catching up.
- Also, Build Info, which gives you information about blocks you're placing. Turn it on/off with /buildinfo in /global chat.
- There's three respawn ships, the Sparkies. It has all you need to survive, some mats, beacon, solars, nuke reactor, refinery/assembler, air. Spawn in one of those and set out to meet the cold void. Keep in mind that Sparkies cannot land on planets because lol thrust. One of them can hover above the Moon and Europa, though.
- There will not be a Starter Zone for new players, unless you make and maintain one. But Conker wants to. Get in contact with Conker and help him rebuild Centrepoint Station.
- The server is set to autosave every 15 minutes. There are no manual saves. Expect crashes and reboots.

You might want to grab the Warbros UI, too. See through menus and generally improved visibility and an increased G Menu size.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375575227
I run it with the yellow font pack.

Offline raidfags, pls go. You are butts.
>>
>>123187082
/vg/station's bleednig edge.
>>
>>123186563
The moment you get Besiege
>>
File: 2000px-Solid_blue.svg.png (16 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Solid_blue.svg.png
16 KB, 2000x2000
BBBLLLLUUUEEEE
>>
File: sparkies_collage.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1680) Image search: [Google]
sparkies_collage.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1680
>>123187151
Pic related are the three Sparkies you can pick from.

When the server crashes - as in, "host has left the game", and it wasn't an announced reboot, help out by giving me some sort of summary of what was going. If you were online, please describe in detail what you were doing as it happened.

e.g.:
>Started to grind a 1x5 ramp block
>Crashed my new fighter into my main cargo hold
>Fired 50 gravgun projectiles at Joe, fuck Joe, I am glad he's dead.

This will help to find and hopefully prevent such things in the future. Thanks.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST.
STOP DEPRESSURISING EARTH.
IT DOESN'T WANT THAT.
FUCK YOU JOE, YOU DON'T NEED TO BREATHE. DIE ALREADY.

Also don't jump the ATeam bus. Any vehicle with wheels will crash the server on using jump drives.
>>
>>123186986
>>123187151
So what are the chances of it just crashing again in 10 minutes?
I want to play but I don't want to deal with the constant crashing headache.
>>
r8 my cockpit
>>
File: bab.webm (2 MB, 289x520) Image search: [Google]
bab.webm
2 MB, 289x520
>>123187189
oh

does it have a memesurvival component?
>>
>>123187171
Oh, for docking ports then you'll want to place 2 objects that are direction-biased

/obj/structure/docking_port/destination/supply/centcom for where the supply shuttle docks at central command (Where it should be at roundstart)

/obj/structure/docking_port/destination/supply/station for where the supply shuttle should dock at the station

You have made the supply shuttle's area /area/shuttle/supply right?
>>
Finished more or less. The new version blows the other one out of the water.
>>
>>123187552
no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_oY5xwqoqE
>>
>>123187552
It has freebuild and missions e.g destroy 90% of a castle or kill these soldiers charging at you and attacking your siege machine.
>>
>>123187228
Huuuuuuuurt
>>
>>123187861
Why did it burst into flame?
>>
>>123186031

That's not osmosis, that's just diffusion.
>>
>>123188673
Same general kind of process, different terms.
>>
>>123187681
I can't seem to find any proper documentation when it comes to mapping, which sucks.

/area/shuttle/supply, this defines where the supply shuttle should be originally at centcom right?

My problem is I don't have a cargo shuttle yet, I'll have to import one then.
>>
>>123187860

I always find the AI is too retarded to point itself at the enemy when using hull-mounted guns like that.
>>
File: bike.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bike.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>123187861
thanks for the dank music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ocBLCwohM
>>
>>123188726

You don't get to decide what the terms mean. Osmosis specifically refers to the diffusion of water.
>>
>>123188979
But the lungs are wet[citation needed]
>>
>>123189047
Calm your baitposting please.
>>
>>123187447
Anon, here's what I can tell you about that: I don't know.

Is the server inherently instable? No.
Am I loligagging arund, giggling as the server comes down? No.
Am I paying for the cheapest piece of shit server I could find? No.
Is some faggot doing something that causes a crash? I don't know.
Is Keencode find new ways to crash? I don't know.

I can't give you any guarantees. I can only tell you that people play for hours uninterrupted, and sometimes crashes happen three times in an hour. If you don't have the resilience to deal with that, then I would advise sticking to a diferent game. Not even singleplayer is safe from this.
>>
>>123189792
I blame keencode.

You know your code is garbage when SS13 is more stable than your game.
>>
File: success.png (168 KB, 1649x985) Image search: [Google]
success.png
168 KB, 1649x985
>>123188771
Supply shuttle is now arriving, very good. Now to fix the supply point problem, or just turn all the costs to 0 to make it all infinite.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=508161635
>mfw SE doesn't have leveled detail
>>
Wiings probably this week.
>>
>>123190467
It makes no sense
>>
>http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu//full/1973NASSP3006.....P/0000001.000.html
NASA has apparently put quite a bit of thought in how humans survive in vacuum.
Just in case anyone else is curious.
>>
>>123186761
you can leave a planet's atmosphere but if you play on warbros you have to depressurize it
>>
File: fuckoffjoe.jpg (30 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffjoe.jpg
30 KB, 269x187
>>123192352
>but if you play on warbros you have to depressurize it
>>
>>123186761
>Can you dogfight in space ships?
Yes, although the best way to actually hit enemies is to take careful aim from outside their targeting range.
>can you exit a planets atmosphere?
Yes? I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking. Just fly up.
>>
>>123191293
>Venous pressure will meet or exceed arterial pressure within one minute
>continual evaporation of water will cool the mouth and nose to near-freezing temperatures
Neat.
>>
>>123190307
Still don't how to set the amount of supply points. Anyone with experience have any clue? Should I just set all the costs to 0, seeing as how we'll mostly just be building anyway?
>>
>there's no tonemapping option to disable in Medieval Engineers
I can't deal with this postprocessing shit Keen does
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>123189792
Eh just asking you defensive nigger, I'm not blaming you faggot, I am very very very well versed in Keen code and the intricate gospel of the god Clang.
I figured it was Keen Code just trying to get a feel how often the server shits the bed.
>>
>>123193690
Might as well. At least we won't be bugging you for supplies all the time.
>>
>>123193690
>cargo with 0 costs
the horror

people wouldn't clean up their fucking crates
>>
>>123195142
>>123194924
Welp, I set all the costs to 0 and still the station with its N/A credits can't order anything. "Not enough credits" when trying to approve.
>>
File: displaced.jpg (104 KB, 682x541) Image search: [Google]
displaced.jpg
104 KB, 682x541
What do I do now.
>>
>>123193538
>although the best way to actually hit enemies is to
Fill every cubic centimeter of space with bullets.
For anything outside of the atmosphere, gravity drives are simply too powerful for anything to reliably hit a target.
>>
File: 2015-03-21_00004.jpg (219 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-21_00004.jpg
219 KB, 1440x900
>>123195374
>>
>>123193036
:^)
>>
what is this? i haven't played since the devtest update

can these be collected or are they just markings of destroyed vehicles?
>>
File: wat do eggs.jpg (538 KB, 1891x1001) Image search: [Google]
wat do eggs.jpg
538 KB, 1891x1001
>>123195719
i did attach an image

HIRO!!
>>
So I just thought to myself, "Don't close that Word document, that's /tg/. You like /tg/"

I swear I keep seeing the little green block with the arrow in it you see when placing metal blocks and stuff in FtD in this post >>123195374

My laptop is plugged in and I don't remember doing that

I think I fell asleep for a bit less than a minute and got woken back up by the song I was listening to

Does FtD crash when you try to close it for anybody else? I only ask because it usually does that for me, and because it just crashed while opening.

>>123195920
do you have storage? I think you need storage or something

I haven't slept in about 30 hours and I might go to sleep but I feel like I shouldn't because I still have things to do but I can't remember what they are.
>>
>>123191293
>there's a section titled "human tolerance for gaseous environments composed of air"

Either this shit makes no sense or it's time to go to bed
>>
>>123195214
0 is probably an invalid number. Try 1.

Also, last I checked the console pulls funds from the users personal bank account on /vg/ code, so if you don't have any bank account or dosh than that would also explain why you can't use it.
>>
>>123196360
Changing them all to 1 now. I do have an account as I can check it in the PDA on the virtual balance app.
>>
>>123196917
My problem seems to be "Unable to connect to accounts database. The database is either nonexistent, inoperative, or too far away."
>>
>>123196092
>William Faulkner: The Post
>>
>>123196092
If you're incapable of doing things anyway, there isn't much of a reason not to sleep.
>>
>>123196917
Alright, if that doesn't work I don't know what will. I'm not a coder, and even if I was it doesn't take a coder to know BYOND is shit.
>>
>>123197313
Try one of those account management machines they have in between the HoPs office and the meeting room. I can't remember the name of the machine off the top of my head but I know its responsible for handling bank accounts across the station.
>>
>>123197781
Well see, we don't have one of those because we're starting a station from scratch, starting in a shuttlecraft with initial supplies/docking port for cargo shuttle so that more supplies can be ordered.

Any clue what they're called? I'll add them and see what happens.
>>
>>123186390

I hate when cannons have no recoil in films. It's not that hard to fake.
>>
>>123198005
>no recoil
>wimpy little poot of sparks/fire from the barrel
>wildly inaccurate sound effects
plz no
>>
>>123198005
>cannons never explode due to faulty manufacturing or user error

are film makers even trying
>>
File: swordmodguystrikesagain.jpg (99 KB, 957x735) Image search: [Google]
swordmodguystrikesagain.jpg
99 KB, 957x735
Oh, fucking hell...
>>
>>123199312
it's not hard :^)
>>
>>123196279
tl;dr (not of that, but from what I know personally): Too much oxygen will kill you, too high pressure pure oxygen destroys your lungs.
>>
>>123197903
More economy related problems

Added the database, now I'm getting "Unable to access bank account. Either its security settings don't allow remote checking or the account is nonexistent." so.. where the hell do I change the settings?

Also, aren't you supposed to get an account number/pin at the start of each round? I'm not getting that.
>>
Why doesn't Warbros have the hinges mod. It's perfectly fine and it's not like pistons and rotors don't clang already. I won't have to use rotors.
>>
I am LITERALLY about to uninstall spengies
>>
File: merging_cockpit_test.webm (1 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
merging_cockpit_test.webm
1 MB, 700x394
>>123199818
We had the hinges mod.
We removed the hinges mod after it created a mine field of ever-spazzing hinge remains that could not be grinded, touched or approached without death.

Hinges are not safe.
>>
Server is booting up.

Due to common complaints, the sun rotation speed has been changed from 8h/cycle to 3h/cycle.
>>
baziul, please kill yourself
>>
File: YOU DA MAN.png (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
YOU DA MAN.png
27 KB, 300x300
>>123200572
>sun rotation speed has been changed from 8h/cycle to 3h/cycle.
tx bb
>>
File: 1444921998168.jpg (55 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1444921998168.jpg
55 KB, 514x536
>>123200572
FASTER
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFk7FhOapg
water in a voxel world when
>>
>>123199809
I have no idea, these issues are a bit out of my league.

Go to /ss13g/ and someone might be able to help you.
>>
>>123202553
Already fixed it actually, I needed a second account database at CentCom before it worked. Now when people join they get an actual account and pin so everything should be good to go.
>>
Artillery when keen?
>>
File: rocket salvo.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rocket salvo.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>123203809
>>
File: glorioussupplies.png (106 KB, 813x923) Image search: [Google]
glorioussupplies.png
106 KB, 813x923
>>123202818
Ayup, supplies work.
>>
>>123204287
>no sound
>>
>>123204617
Sound only works on /wsg/ and /gif/.
>>
>>123204741
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>no sound
>>
File: 1446562579045.jpg (165 KB, 504x428) Image search: [Google]
1446562579045.jpg
165 KB, 504x428
>>123204423
>People getting gibbed by the supply shuttle constantly since right where people would normally leave the shuttle
>Not a superjuke

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess. I'll play as soon as you host.
>>
>>123204423
You got cyborg chargers in that there shuttle yet for our silicon brethren?
>>
>>123204895
Hadn't considered borgs yet. I'll get on that.
>>
>>123204895
>Silicons

Might as well just play sandbox tbph fammy.

You also probably can't start the round as a borg so build your own before getting borged.
>>
>>123205139
Nah borgs are cool, added a recharging station to the shuttle.

Probably going to have to toy around with this shuttle a bit more to make it more spacious, allowing for more suit storages, tools etc.
>>
>>123203809 needs to utilize >>123200176
>>
>>123186482
Maybe later.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Add me on steam or post IGN ITT for invite
>>
>>123203809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uptJ73TYyY
go for cruise missiles instead
>>
>>123206780
>Trebuclang
>Exceedingly dangerous, will destroy anything in the vicinity even if it successfully fires the projectile
>>
>>123200176
>trying to merge that shit when the poston parts would be occupying the same block space
CHRIST
ITS NOT HARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: SpoolDrill.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SpoolDrill.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>123199818
>>123200176

We don't have hinges anymore because I made this.

(It's a chain of hinges on a rotary spool)
>>
>>123207762
WHY
>>
>Figured out how to build proper planes + AI controllers in FTD

HAHAHAHA YES
>>
File: Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg (85 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg
85 KB, 970x545
>You will never space with more than 20 players
>You will never have actual faction battles
>tfw no artillery
>tfw no infantry weapons
>tfw no nukes
>tfw no battles on planets with your clang-free land rovers and tread tanks
>>
>>123208107

The idea was to have a stabilized mining platform you could deploy over ore deposits, then have the drill burrow down, collect the minerals and then be retrieved using the rotor, all without having to actually enter the asteroid yourself.
>>
>>123208369
>stabilised
>all those hinges
>a drill on a moving element
>non-grid aligned gyros
>all hooked to a rotor
>it's the wrong kind of rotor to boot

literally wat
>>
>>123208369
>moving parts
>attached to moving parts
>MORE MOVING PARTS
>NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
W H Y
>>
File: swordmod.jpg (384 KB, 1598x901) Image search: [Google]
swordmod.jpg
384 KB, 1598x901
>>123199312
Well, looks like he already did all the tricky design work, so all you'd have to do is press a few keys and maybe click some icons. Five-minute job, tops.
You're just holding out on him out of cruelty.
>>
>>123208503

The drill had rear-facing thrusters and overridden gyros, with the intent being that once you had the drill pointed the right direction you'd enable said gyros to force the drill to maintain a fixed orientation while drilling.

Also it's the right kind of rotor. That was just a test model to make sure spooling didn't clang up; the working model had a conveyor instead of an armor block in the center of the spool.
>>
>>123208580
there's a threshold that once you cross you're free to use as many moving parts as you can without crashing
>>
>>123208580

The worst part is that it worked. Then I tried to use a merge block to fuse the grids on either side of a rotor.
>>
Serb deded. Goddamned spiders on the moon, of all fucking places.
>>
serb crashing with no survivors
>>
>>123209758
I'm builing base for few days and literally once encountered spiders, during first landing.
>>
File: v6cBc93.jpg (148 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
v6cBc93.jpg
148 KB, 1000x1000
>>123209758
AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS
>>
>>123210068
I got swarmed by the fuckers shortly after I set up landing lights. ....are they attracted to light sources?
>>
>>123210256
Maybe, I don't have any lights yet.
Also have you tried using gatling guns on them? Mine didn't wanted to target them.
>>
I crashed on the moon once, in the dead of night. Spiders. Spiders everywhere.

Add a 23mm gun to the sides or bottom of your ship, tends to hold 'em off. The modded 23mm, not the default gatling.
>>
>>123210384
Interior turrets seem to work alright, but they're fucking AWFUL at targetting from vantage points, it seems. They need to be level with their targets to score reliable hits judging from the 15 or so minutes I had to screw around with them.
>>
>>123210570
from what you say, it seems like the turrets aren't calculating the ayys trayectory like with ships
>>
>>123210570
Mount them upside down.
>>
>>123209758
>>123210157
>>123210256
STOP THE INFESTATION.
>>
>>123210570
If only programmable blocks weren't utter shit I would write program to wipe out all the ayy.
I guess I should make mod with programmable Lua blocks and various radars, sensors, controllers and stuff to make them actually usefull.
>>
>>123211319
a more useful mod would be one that disables all character collision damage

would be a huge improvement to the server, thanks to keenkode :^)
>>
>>123211894
I think it won't be possible as long as we don't have "total access" mods/API. And I think we still don't have it.
>>
What engineering game should I buy for my toaster /egg/?

Already got my eye on factorio
>>
how many warheads to blow up the moon?
>>
>>123213072
Factorio will, indeed run on toasters. There's often an /egg/ server for it as well. Pretty good game.

Space engineers will NOT run on a toaster.

Other games - not sure. maybe?
>>
God I love this netcode.
>>
>>123213072
StarMade is free, so you can easy check if it runs. Can make factories like Factorio--tho not as extensively and planet covering unless you really wanted to.
>>
>>123213273
>yfw it does this in singleplayer too
>>
>people pay for vidya
>>
>>123213072
Garry's mod for software engineering.
>>
>>123213803
>it works fine in singleplayer
>it explodes in multiplayer

God fucking dammit. My friend joined and was walking in the air where he said my ship was. When he jumped onto where my ship ACTUALLY was the entire thing blew up.
>>
>>123214193
>8 pistons end to end
>8 pistons
You have only yourself to blame
>>
>>123213072
Machinecraft will run on waffle irons, and no pay needed or possible.
>>
>>123214193
Doesn't even so much as twitch in singleplayer either. How the fuck do I see youtubers playing with other people while using shit like rotors and pistons?

>>123214321
It's rock solid at the moment though. Merge blocks are the best shit ever.
>>
File: lilith.jpg (21 KB, 438x500) Image search: [Google]
lilith.jpg
21 KB, 438x500
>>123213273
That looks familiar...
>>
Server coming down for some grid cleanup.

Any grids that are deleted will be exported. If you came back after three weeks of absence, looking for your shit, don't freak out, message me.
>>
GAS THE GRIDS!
SIM WAR NOW!
>>
>>123214454
I wouldn't been surprised if Keen causes the Third Impact.
>>
>>123208360
Don't trigger me like this
>>
>>123204287
>Not Rockets Slavo
you disappoint me
>>
>>123215030
You want to see triggered?
Bluuuuue
>>
>>123214705
Reduced number of grids from 200 to 130. Exported all named/owned grids that were deleted for safekeeping. Worldfile from 36MB down to 28MB. If you are "done" with Spengies, please let me know so I can mothball your shit.

Server booting back up.
>>
>>123200608
Just got back from work, haven't been in the thread/server for 13 hours.
Why?
>>
ded?
>>
>>123214095
>>123213072
Not even just for software engineering, it's fun as fuck.

I actually had an /egg/ server up which a couple of people joined and we dicked around and built shit for a while, but I had to take it down at some point and nobody was super interested in playing again.

I wish people were more interested in GMod. It's my favorite /egg/ game but I guess since it's fairly old people just don't play it as much anymore.
>>
But in reality it's 10 minutes to reboot plus another 3 minutes to reconnect.
>>
>>123226059
If someone can just get a few ACF vehicles made and set them up in teams we could do that for sure.
>>
>>123226245
>caring
>>
>>123226325
>shitposting
>>
>>123226245
Then rub out another one.
>>
>>123226396
Look m8 you might be a masturbation machine but some of us have refractory periods
>>
>>123199761
scuba diver detected
>>
>>123226520
Gotta stay in form. Alternate hands. Do some prostate massaging.
>>
>>123226583
1, 2 or 3 fingers?
>>
>>123226520
Anyone can pump out another after another if they ignore the burn, you just gotta believe and get past that non-horny phase and launch into space.
>>
factorio serb when?

can we do the save from last night?
>>
FACTORIO SERB:

SAME MAP AS LAST NIGHT AS PER >>123228438

68.97.165.226:34197

Join the /egg/ group at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio, leave your steam here or add me on steam.

Version 0.12.15
>>
>>123230389
>>123228438
Wait, how is Factorio multiplayer? Did it get an update for it? AFAIK it's a wave-based(?) survival(?) game where you try to launch a rocket.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (849 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
849 KB, 1920x1040
>>123232486
It just werks :^)
>>
>>123232486
>>123232614
(the non-red on the map being the xeno scum)
>>
>>123233249
Biter pls go
>>
>>123230389
if I join am I able to go settle off on my own and be a grouch and maybe hook up a cute train later? does that even work or do you have to be on the same "discovered grid"?
>>
>>123233670
You'll spawn in the base but you can do whatever you want.

There is no fucking way you'll survive on your own though
>>
>>123232614
>luigi never said goodbye
>he just left
>>
PRAISE CLANG AND THE GOODNESS IT BRINGS

FOR WE DESIGN ONLY THE MOST STURDY OF SHIPS TO OFFER IT
>>
>wake up in cryo
>die getting out
>lose 20% health walking out airlock
>build half of ship
>server crash
>restart for 15 minutes
>begin building ship again
>die for no reason
>die walking out airlock again
>server crashes
Getting real fucking sick of this serb.
>>
>>123234975
Are you retarded?
>>
>>123234975
I am sorry that you feel that way. You are welcome to find a server with better performance.
>>
>Subjecting yourself to SE multiplayer

Why do you do this to yourselves?
>>
File: 2015-11-23_00002.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_00002.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
>watching a slow productive penetration
Comfy.
>>
are planet explorers in this generals too ?

since custom armor is here now
>>
>>123236419
'cause singleplayer feels purposeless, and roleplaying your pretty moonbase by urself isn't fun
>>
File: laughing_cowboy.jpg (656 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
laughing_cowboy.jpg
656 KB, 1600x900
>>123236573
>not drillo
>>
>>123236678
And crashing repeatedly is?
>>
File: Ribbed for her pleasure.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ribbed for her pleasure.jpg
413 KB, 1920x1080
>>123236708
>drillo
I don't get it.
>>
>>123236747
Yes. I am having great fun here.
>>
File: 1398502066963.jpg (105 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1398502066963.jpg
105 KB, 1600x1200
>>123226563
More like skub-a diver
>>
I just discovered I can play as a sabiroid.

How the fuck do I control it? Can I attack? Why does crouch make me hover slightly above ground?
>>
>>123237439
Don't get me wrong, if your having fun then keep on space trucking.

I just see the serbia go down every hour at best. It just seems so insanely horrible I couldn't imagine subjecting myself to that.
>>
>>123237012
some football guy
it's a local meme
>>
>>123237724
>dont sports
>dont norwegian sports
>dont norway
Okay
>>
>>123237667
i understand that it may seem horrible. But that is what happens at the worst of times. At the best of times, shit works and you can autism away and make things happen. Create. There is a reason why people have hundreds of hours in this game. The quickly rowed-up crashes we had were due to Keencode in multiplayer. Like, depressurizing Earth or jumping with wheels attached. The reboots are for maintenance and controlled. I can just not do them, and leave the server running for longer.

I am putting time in so people can play. When shit goes wrong, I try to fix it as fast as possible. There is no versioning, no save backup handling, no error logging - because when the server restarts, it starts a new log, overwriting the old one. I can't even recover those.

It's a bitch of a piece of software. But there is nothing like it, either.
>>
how are planets by the way
>>
>>123238254
yes
>>
>>123238254
Escaping the gravitational pull is really fun
>>
>>123238142
>There is no versioning, no save backup handling, no error logging - because when the server restarts, it starts a new log, overwriting the old one

Well at first I was gonna say "why not just run a batch file that copies it every minute" but then I remembered you said you paid for it so I assume you don't have that amount of control.
>>
>>123238142
>or jumping with wheels attached.
I keep seeing this, but what the hell does it even mean?
>>
File: 2015-11-24_00001.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-24_00001.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1080
FUCK
>>
File: ba_sorrows.jpg (145 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
ba_sorrows.jpg
145 KB, 700x350
>>123238952
>have ship
>have jump drive
>have wheels
>jump

>>123239075
Check the error log. It should tell you what's up.
>>
>>123218854
Not actually bazuil, there was someone on the server and I think a very similar name asking stupid questions
>>
File: HAW HAW.jpg (42 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
HAW HAW.jpg
42 KB, 800x804
>>123239203
>out of memory
>>
>>123237478
>cave diving
I'll take my chances with sharks, thanks.
>>
How do you view the player list on spess enginies server?
>>
>>123241545
ESC -> Players
>>
Fucking finally
>>
>>123241767
Thanks.
>>
File: 1395304867968.jpg (560 KB, 2456x1632) Image search: [Google]
1395304867968.jpg
560 KB, 2456x1632
>>123241484
YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, GRIM REAPER
I KNOW THIS IS WHERE YOU KEEP YOUR TREASURE
>>
How's From the Depths? Is it a decent alpha?
>>
>>123243273
FtD is fantastic. You have to put a little effort into learning how things work, but once you get a handle on the basics it's terribly fun.

The fact that it has a meaningful campaign alone honestly elevates it far above most voxel building games. It's also under very active development.
>>
>>123243273
I highly recommend it
learning how everything works is a lot of fun, and using your work to tackle the campaign is rewarding
If you don't like the restrictions of the campaign, you can easily spend hours designing vehicles and stuff in the designer and testing it however you like
>>
File: AH.png (101 KB, 221x216) Image search: [Google]
AH.png
101 KB, 221x216
>>
File: keencode.jpg (496 KB, 1500x542) Image search: [Google]
keencode.jpg
496 KB, 1500x542
>>123244127
FUCKIN HELL
>>
File: 1439699952241.jpg (20 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1439699952241.jpg
20 KB, 418x359
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1424670788610.gif (966 KB, 320x175) Image search: [Google]
1424670788610.gif
966 KB, 320x175
Sonnavabitch
>>
is ced kill?
>>
Serb back up.
>>
OKAY

JUMPING WITH WHEELS /DOES/ CRASH IT
>>
File: punish.png (25 KB, 534x558) Image search: [Google]
punish.png
25 KB, 534x558
>work 10 hour shifts
>get home midnight
>Only ever get to sparky before serb crashes
>repeat every day
my life is suffering.
>>
>>123244785
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>123244805
that'd be wild
just as I learned to not have power engaged (holding W that is) when landing with wheels for smooth riding
>>
>>123245386
No, using a jump drive
>>
>>123245491
wat kind of dumb fuk woud put outer spess shit on they car wit wheels
>>
File: 1210930820_3f440018ca.jpg (49 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
1210930820_3f440018ca.jpg
49 KB, 400x334
>>123245549
Where do you think we are? /egg/ is a hub of stupid plans. And clang.
>>
File: file.png (4 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1920x1040
/egg/ville is lookin pretty.

>Tfw spreading democracy and freedom to the ayys in exchange for the oil under their hives
>>
>>123246556
wow factorio has gates now?
>>
>>123247865
>Now
This version is old. We only use it because more people (pirates) have it apparently.

Get with the times grandpa
>>
File: 1400095623752.jpg (17 KB, 249x201) Image search: [Google]
1400095623752.jpg
17 KB, 249x201
>>123246556
>tfw the mayor doesn't manufacture tank freedom shells
>>
>>123248036
Shut up khriz go back to your normie shit
>>
>>123247948
i cant get with the times this damn game keeps crashing on me because of video memory or something with these current versions
>>
>>123247948
>old
actual version: 0.12.18
used version: 0.12.15

only bug fixes and reworked icons, lmao
>>
File: 1437596708-c523e.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437596708-c523e.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>123247948
>because more people (pirates) have it apparently
>latest on kickass: Factorio [v 0.12.17] (2015)
>>
File: 189583715633.png (31 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
189583715633.png
31 KB, 344x326
>>123237012
>Do they despawn eventually or just drift forever, cluttering?

I didn't come here for my Spengies to get this deep.
>>
>>123248372
>Implying everyone updates their pirated version every update
>>
>>123246556
look at this fucker putting a conveyer belt over the road
>>
File: 1444949761179.jpg (282 KB, 632x921) Image search: [Google]
1444949761179.jpg
282 KB, 632x921
>Shitty netcode rapes network cards
>Can't manually mine on a planet or you'll fall through it
>Can't use equipment to mine on a planet because it will randomly explode
>Disconnecting while in a ship deletes it
>You will disconnect whether you want to or not
>Bumping into other people instantly kills you
>Walking on the planet will kill you randomly
>Jumping too much kills you
>Having inertial dampeners on kills your jetpack
>Turning inertial dampeners off kills you

How about you Czech fucks make a working game before you're confident enough to do a free weekend for your latest broken shit?

I'm positive that free weekend lost them potential sales when people realized how shittily executed this game is.

I want it to be good.

I really do.
>>
>>123248918
>>Can't manually mine on a planet or you'll fall through it
>mining in a straight line downwards
>>
>Lock small ship landing gear on large ship block
>Immediately start falling through planet
>>
>>123244127
!
>>
BAZ WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO
>>
File: 1445964014079.gif (2 MB, 180x140) Image search: [Google]
1445964014079.gif
2 MB, 180x140
So apparently docking my mining barge's connector to my frigate's connector just crashed the server.

That or somebody was FUCKING AROUND WITH WHEELS AGAIN.
>>
jesus fucking christ building in survival spengies multipalyer is the most antagonizing shitty game experience I've ever had in months

anti-character collisions mod when

also rip serb
>>
File: absolute_terror.jpg (376 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
absolute_terror.jpg
376 KB, 600x800
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Joe, what did you do?

Me:
>be onna Mars
>make camp comfy
>on the process of placing guard rails which are there for your protection
>suddenly serb is rip
>>
File: ded.jpg (367 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
367 KB, 1280x1024
Dammit Joe
>>
>>123249649
>>123249658
It might have been me. I was trying to use this cockpit mod and the canopy clanged through the ground and fucked shit up.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549920694&searchtext=
>>
>>123249702
>test flight new little builder buggy
>realize I don't have any backwards facing thrusters
>serb crash

wonder where I'll go
>>
File: 1409867617843.gif (16 KB, 199x149) Image search: [Google]
1409867617843.gif
16 KB, 199x149
>>123249792
Goddamnit Baz.
>>
I'm mining. Hopefully my miner isn't floating off into nothingness now.
>>
GOOD NEWS
The server might still be running and actually save.

BAD NEWS
I cannot connect to it. No response on FTP. Frontend on the web portal is 0/0 players, 0% load.

>>123249792
You cheeky dickwaffle.
>>
File: panic stricken.jpg (137 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
panic stricken.jpg
137 KB, 960x720
>have to go to bed
>have a station and the landed sparky
>afraid when I log in tomorrow sparky will be gone
>haven't transferred over refinery or assembler yet.
>>
>>123249792
Funny, I was actually trying that cockpit out RIGHT before the crash. But I had finished it and was welding some plain armor blocks, so I don't think it was me.

I just know Baz was yelling FUCKFUCKFUCKCLANG right before the end.
>>
Thanks for playing guys. We'll do the same map next time if you want.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio
>>
File: more cum than man.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
more cum than man.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>wait 30 minutes to join server
>find out my sparky medbay's gone
>spawn near where i left it, cant find it anywhere
>grab a new sparky and start heading over to where my station was at 200 sonics
>server crash
>>
>>123250048
You can always ask me for a GPS of any given ship. If I can find it in the game files, I can give you coordinates.
>>
>>123249063
Not even the case. I could forgive it if literally every angle of mining didn't inevitably result in you flying through the interior of the planet at some point.

Seriously, I've dug at angles down and up, straight forward, straight up. Everything is fucked.
>>
Serbian is back up.
>>
>>123249894
At least your ship isn't busy clanging around the inside of an asteroid's geometry in an infinite loop where it's constantly destroyed and then reappears unharmed, just to spaz itself to death again. Over and over and over.

It instantly kills me whenever I try to spawn there, so I gave up and just made a new Sparky.
>>
>>123232614
So this literal fucking shit is allowed but Prison Architect isn't?
>>
File: attackonanhero.png (573 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
attackonanhero.png
573 KB, 1024x575
>>123250275
>tell people to talk to me if they have a problem
>people don't talk to me when they have a problem
>"I gave up there was nothing I could do."

Really, nigga?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 177

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.