[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skyforge General /sfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: 423442.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
423442.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>What is Skyforge?
Skyforge is a FREE TO WIN, free to play MMO action RPG where you take the role of being a god. Like a god, you will have believers and followers and it is up to you to go and smite the many evil of the world (PVE). At the same time, there are other rival gods that will compete with you (PVP) and other gods that want to ally with you to defeat other gods (pantheon/guild/clan). On the other hand, you must give directions to your followers and believers to grow your religion ever more powerful. It is up to you on how to make your religion great and become one of the best gods of the world.

>How do I get this game?
Go to sf.my.com and download the client (10GB). Check the codex for Steam integration.

>Game Guides
http://pastebin.com/2P2UKuEz

>what is this game like?
13 classes, with more coming, no healing class.
DPS, tank, support, Switch classes at will.
World/instance system that is the same style as FFXI.
gameplay/combat system like Dark Soul; you have to move your ass to avoid or dodge attacks, 99.99% of all attacks are readable.
Unlock passives, classes, and increase stats in a FFX-style grid with PoE elements.
Enhances any class you play with the general tree or the actual class in its own separate tree.
Each major node also has some milestone talent, slot or passive.

>What about gear?
General gear for all classes.
Class-specific gear for dmg/hp.
Gear carries stats; dmg, crit%, hp, etc. and prestige; your power level.
Prestige unlocks new content.
No traditional levels.

>/vg/ guilds?
NA: Warbros
Also: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skyfgen

>OC & lewd
http://imgur.com/a/pTgUC

>OP pasta:
http://pastebin.com/Gf5XDj7R
>>
File: a recruitment image.jpg (339 KB, 1575x788) Image search: [Google]
a recruitment image.jpg
339 KB, 1575x788
>>123036628
Warbros recruitment has recommenced on NA. The Ether Projector is finished and all obelisks have been upgraded to rank3. Distortion runs have been going smooth, with A1 on farm and more in the future as more people pass 68k.

Respond to this post or the OP with:

>your IGN
>a haiku or poem

and I will invite you to the pantheon as soon as I am able. You must follow all the steps in a single post to be invited and you must be online in order to receive the invite.
We currently have 13 slots available for recruitment.
>>
can someone please write a witch guide? I keep getting anal rape by mobs
>>
What is there to do in the game besides pvp/pve? Are there GvGs or something? Does being a god imply anything besides better stats in pve?
>>
File: 3funart.jpg (177 KB, 722x1024) Image search: [Google]
3funart.jpg
177 KB, 722x1024
>>123045336
there is clan war soon. pvp is not just pking, there are team fortress 2 style team vs team games where you either push the cargo to blow up the other base, king of the hill and stuff. Also, you can show your all mightiness and look down at them on open world maps and open portals to kill world bosses that they can't take on yet and get fan boy all over your free to use god form buff during that fight.
>>
File: 1446148334575.jpg (905 KB, 1280x1593) Image search: [Google]
1446148334575.jpg
905 KB, 1280x1593
how's the invasions event defending guys? will we finally be the server's top 5 at something?
>>
>>123039270
Hold LMB, Release LMB, RMB, 1, 2.
>>
I keep hearing gunners will be top damage in next major patch.

Anyone can confirm?

Cause from what I can see in the patch notes, they will mostly buff missile launcher mode,make flamethrower do more damage depending on your temper and nerf the machine gun and plasma gun.

So pretty much valor/temper or gtfo?
>>
>>123058061
You want a combination of 4x luck, 2x strength and 2x valor and then accuracy/crit + temper.
>>
>>123049728
Many bros have turned out to be casuals. It's disappointing.
>>
>>123036628
>gameplay/combat system like Dark Soul
Man I love this game, is really enjoyable but you don't have to lie like this.
>>
>>123046554
>pvp is not just pking
can you actually pk in this game?
>>
>>123062470
Anon, bro. I'll admit I am a casual at this game.

The caps do no good to my autism.
>>
File: lsbv.jpg (31 KB, 365x337) Image search: [Google]
lsbv.jpg
31 KB, 365x337
So do I have to grind regions for more prestige? Progression seems really slow
>>
>>123076346
Regions kind of suck. The rewards you get don't match the effort they take. The only good thing about regions is that they can be done while you're waiting in queue.
>>
>>123077157
The problem is that the queues aren't offering the kind of sparks I want right now though
>>
>>123077259
Regions will give sparks in pretty much even distribution. If you're looking for only one kind of spark it'd be a pain to go across the map cherry-picking the rewards you want. You're just gonna have to wait until the tactical reset.

As you grow in prestige you will have more maps to choose from and you'll always have options to get the spark you want (but not always good options).
>>
Just a quick question.
Should I always take the shortest route to the class I want? I'm a cryomancer and it would be shorter if I start from lightbinder to get to any class.
Is it worth it or doesn't it matter?
>>
>>123080151

You dont have to make your way to the starter clases

just double click the Shield - Staff- Ice icon
>>
>>123080430
Oh, so I can just unlock the bigger nodes towards the class I want, so I don't have to unlock every smaller node in it?
Are the smaller ones even worth it?
>>
>>123080720
Nope. Anything that you spend on a smaller node on a completed class could be spent unlocking nodes in another class.
>>
File: f9FW2.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
f9FW2.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>123081206
I still don't get it.
I started as cryomancer, and am trying to unlock the first big node in the ascension atlas, which is talent: clever maneuver. I have enough of the resources to unlock it. Do I need to unlock the smaller nodes in it? Do I need to get all the classes to enough high "level"?
Can you please explain in depth to me, how can I get to choose a second class.
>>
>>123081685
You...you skipped the tutorial.

Right click the node you want, and click find path. You have to unlock all the nodes on that path (or any path that connects unlocked nodes to where you want to be).
>>
>>123082945
Alright, and it doesn't matter THAT much which path I take, the fastest is usually the better?
>>
>>123084501
Read the codex. You can get fucked by pink nodes that you don't get the sparks for until you're 36k+. You can dodge around a bit, but you should always use the find-path option first, then very carefully look at where it's taking you.
>>
>>123076346
no, if you want sparks, do any 3man that's current invasion, the freedom star will almost always on them which allow you to pick what reward you want at the end of the run
>>
>>123081685
you have to connect the node from the beginner class that you start with, it's like FFX, you can't just get the node you want without connected to it first
>>
So at what point do I actually unlock more classes?

Shooting for necromancer here.
>>
>>123090131

Whenever you have enough sparks to reach their class node

should be the first week of playing

*you still should finish your starter at some point
>>
>>123090131
Someone didn't read the codex. It's in the OP.
>>
When I zoom out too much on my character my make up disappears, it looks ridiculous.

Any way to fix this?^
>>
>>123100059
>When I zoom out too much
Stop zooming out?
>>
File: 1447820475372.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1447820475372.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>123100059
by getting a better computer that can have better than shit graphics
>>
>>123104846
which setting tho?
>>
>>123105053
Word detail but even at max the characters face has a limited rendering distance.
>>
>>123062470
>expecting people to grind the same maps every week, over and over again for no reason in a half baked game.
glad to be a casul in your eyes anon.
>>
Trying different classes in the training room, witch is kinda what I expected necromancer to be.
>>
>>123107487

is also more useful in a team and has an amazing symbol

unlike the ghost worm from necro
>>
>>123110137
Now the question is, do I finish cryomancer or do I beeline for witch?

Cryomancer actually ended up one of the classes I enjoyed the most in the training room as well.
>>
>>123105053
your best setting is base on what your computer can handle
how much your computer can handle it's like you trying to lift 500LB when you can only lift 90 tops, then you can't lift the 500LB before you are only able to lift 90
if you are playing on one of those $200 pre-build workstations then you are not going to be able to run top graphics in this game
>>
File: 1439833746827.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1439833746827.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>123111124
in fact, those $200 workstations are lucky if they can play any games at low settings
>>
>>123110830

Cryo is pretty good , relies in long CD whiteout and channeled jagged ice but still

getting to witch will take a long ass time and lots off sparks

you also need 600 transformation sparks to unlock it
>>
File: designated_bananaman.png (1 MB, 1281x938) Image search: [Google]
designated_bananaman.png
1 MB, 1281x938
A lot of my friends don't want to play this game because it has no healers and they say that it brings less complexity to the gameplay. How do I convince them otherwise? inb4 the game is shit
>>
>>123114292
my pocket healer was convinced when I quoted him the lightbringer part of the pastebin in the OP
>>
>>123114531
it's basically a disc priest anyway
>>
>>123114292
You heal yourself by doing damage and getting health orbs. The more advanced support class helps your party survive by killing mobs faster rather than constantly throwing heals on people, and mitigation and shields are where it's all at for regular play.
>>
I used to play this game a couple months ago, but in my opinion too much p2w elements, so if anyone wants my account (44k prestige and should have some pretty big limits), send a mail to [email protected] and i'll reply with account info to someone tomorrow.
>>
>>123117883
can you elaborate on what you deem too much p2w?

Only just starting to get into the game.
>>
File: curseemporium.jpg (169 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
curseemporium.jpg
169 KB, 760x596
>>123117883
>buying skins and looks that does nothing but make you look better is pay to win
I bet you think breeding just involves anyone that's opposite sex of you so that's why you fuck your mom and grandma every day
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.