[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtgog/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14
File: magic the gathering.png (189 KB, 2048x1160) Image search: [Google]
magic the gathering.png
189 KB, 2048x1160
Magic: Origins General
Be gentle, this is my first time edition
Join tens of millions of Magic: The Gathering fans playing the world’s best strategy card game with Magic Duels!

With an ever-growing library of collectible cards, multiple game modes, and robust deck-building tools, Magic Duels provides an epic Magic experience for new and veteran players alike.

NEW CARDS & STORY: The new Battle for Zendikar update adds more than 150 NEW unique earnable cards, NEW Story Content, and NEW Skill Quests introducing the Eldrazi. Discover the wild plane of Zendikar where the monstrous Eldrazi threaten the entire world with destruction. Stand united with the plane's inhabitants, and even the land itself, as you join the Battle for Zendikar!

BUILD POWERFUL DECKS: Build your deck of devastating spells from an ever-growing library of collectible cards using the Deck Wizard to guide you as you begin—and to help power your choices as you advance.

MANY WAYS TO PLAY: Experience the origin stories of five of Magic’s most iconic Planeswalker characters in Story Mode, head to Battle Mode to take on your friends and other players, or grab a partner for a four-player Two-Headed Giant battle.

PRACTICE OFFLINE: Even when offline you can hone your skills and try new decks and strategies against virtually endless AI opponents in Solo Mode.
>>
I wish they focused more on putting on more cards instead of having flashy effects that get annoying.
>>
I hope they implement a chat soon enough... I think that the community is small enough to not become a sinkhole of swears and racist slurs
>>
What ever happened to these generals?
Did people just stop playing?
>>
Any good guides for the new card packs?
>>
File: jew.gif (2 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
2 MB, 359x346
>mfw the trainer still works
>>
>>122880679
yeah, not much deck variety, and with the insanely neutered zendikar i don't see people coming back for long
>>
>mtgog
>notmtgbfz

Step it up nigga
>>
What happened to the pastebin?
>>
>>122891276
this

I still wouldn't pay money for an intentional cut cardpool
>>
File: 1438538149207.jpg (87 KB, 644x597) Image search: [Google]
1438538149207.jpg
87 KB, 644x597
Don't let this thread die boys, I don't want to talk about magic with the /tg/ shitters again.
>>
>>122874149
I'm glad it finally updated, anyone have a list of the new stuff?
>>
File: myr goldbergstein.jpg (125 KB, 620x462) Image search: [Google]
myr goldbergstein.jpg
125 KB, 620x462
>>122903774
>two months late

>no noyan dar
>no stasis snare
>no fun decks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ3DtKoVMIM

http://magicduels.wikia.com/wiki/Cards/Battle_for_Zendikar >New card list

Missing a few cards for some deck types (zuliport cutthroat comes to mind) overall not as many as I would have liked to see added HOWEVER hopefully after 1 or 2 more expansions we will have a deep enough card pool for some more interesting decks.

Also Archetype quests are out so no need to use the wizard
>>
>>122905163
With the current card pool white has more control and creature removal then most, I feel stasis would probably be too nasty since white already seems very powerful in this limited format.
>>
>>122905538
>all these boring cards
>>
>>122906106
yeah, you might be right, so what you're saying is i should come back in 1 year when khans disappears

how will they even handle when origins goes out of standard
>>
>>122906316
They wont cycle out cards in the digital release so you wont have to worry about that, Its just like a draft you got make the best deck you can with the shit cards they give you.
There is always paper magic but I don't have the dosh for my local 4 Jace 4 Gidion FNM wankfest :(
>>
>>122906857
i could trade you my jace for some games you bought on the steamsale, oh wait, no trading allowed in a trading card game.

i think they really dropped the ball on this, it could've been great

sorry if i'm salty i just had hopes for bfz and my favorite card didn't make the cut
>>
>>122907191
Me too brother IKTF

Problem is they already have magic online, that has all the cards and trading but its unpolished.
and they also want to keep the Physical card game viable as well, That being said they are being way to conservative with the card pool especially considering 8+ of the new cards are Lands.
>>
File: Horribly_Awry.png (128 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Horribly_Awry.png
128 KB, 223x311
Damn, this is actually a good counterspell.
>>
>>122908371
We also have a proper 3 mana counterspell now, I feel like white/blue might become good with the BFZ cards, white is also the only color with a proper board wipe now.
>>
>>122908235
I would play magic online if they updated the fucking interface to look like a modern game, but no fucking way I'm going to spend that much money for something straight out 1999.
>>
File: Guardian_of_Tazeem.png (145 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Guardian_of_Tazeem.png
145 KB, 223x311
>>122908935
Yeah, BW control has a lot of potential with the new cards. I had already tried it but it lacked proper board control.
>>
>>122909735
>BW
UW*
>>
>>122909325
this

why even make magic duels when everything is in mtgo

to keep the physical card game viable? but MTGO exists already, it's driving me insane that wizards are going to fizzle if they keep mishandling magic
>>
I've been knocking off the daily quests for over a month now, saving up for this release.

Then I open my ~20 packs and find that nothing fits in 7/10 of my existing decks. And I really don't want to have to make more decks, since deck selection is a pain in the ass. But most of the cards are very much "Build a deck around me, otherwise I'm a quirky little choice."

Really, just a bit disappointing.
>>
>>122910526
Magic Duels exists to be a free way to get into simpler Magic, so that new people can try out an expensive game without dropping cash off the bat.

I use it because like hell I'm paying cash for digital cards on a server I don't control.
>>
>>122910769
yeah i know, wish they could've ported MTGO to the modern times
>>
Wait, is the BFZ Story Mode ONLY 5 missions long? As opposed to 5x5 missions long?
>>
>>122911112
yepp

2 months delay
>>
>>122910921
I think everyone wants that but unless they put in a unlock model that is somewhat fair It will never have a hearthstone type audience and being just a expensive as card magic won't help either (magic duels is probably the "most" fair out of all the online card games i've played for unlocking stuff for free)
>>
>play campaign
>i cast stasis field to control ai's creature
>having a fun time

>play normal match
>stasis field isn't in any of the boosters

thanks for the punch in my gut
>>
File: 1432417653884.jpg (39 KB, 700x574) Image search: [Google]
1432417653884.jpg
39 KB, 700x574
>>122910627
>tfw in 20 packs I got the new gideon and ulamog
>>
>>122911662
Well, honestly the Story Mode sucks from a gameplay perspective so I don't even know that I could call myself disappointed, I guess I just expected to get more free coins.
>>
File: Ifuckedup.webm (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ifuckedup.webm
158 KB, 1280x720
>>122916304
>>122911112

I was only disappointed in the fact that there were no new cinematics, also the campaign is probably half assed as fuck, I mean the ending seems to suggest there's more to come and they just cut it all.
>>
>>122916954
It suggests there's more to come because BFZ is only half the story. The next set, Oath of the Gatewatch, is also set on Zendikar.

Speaking of OGW, for those who haven't seen, here are some interesting early spoilers: http://mythicspoiler.com/ogw/index.html
>>
>>122917192
>The next set, Oath of the Gatewatch, is also set on Zendikar.

I thought we were going to get shadow over innstrad of however it was called?
>>
>>122917421
Unless there's some Duels-specific announcement I've missed, no.
>>
>>122917421
shadow over innistrad is next block

bfz + oath is the zendikar block
>>
>>122917490
I'm referring of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8CdY75K-s

I've seen it on /tg/ a while ago.
>>
>>122917421
>>122917490
As in, Oath is coming out first, (paper release January 22nd, SOI is coming out April 8th)
>>
Oh thank goodness I found this general.

I didn't see it the other week, and /tg/ just has those shitty story roleplay threads + card making autism threads.

I just started out on Magic Duels because I wanted to try MtG out before buying the physical cards. This game seems a lot more like the luck of the draw than actual skill.
>>
File: 1447373346892.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1447373346892.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>122917650
Fair enough, doubt we'll get Oath on time in duels though.
>>
>>122917976
Just assume all expansions will be at least 1 month delayed on Duels and everything feels a lot better.

Also I'm pretty sure the devs have never said it was an intention for the duels releases to coincide with the paper releases.
>>
>>122917923
>This game seems a lot more like the luck of the draw than actual skill.

Because I'm pretty sure the retards at stainless steel fucked up the RNG algorithm, I can assure you you don't get mana screwed as often in paper magic, actually it's pretty rare, at least when I used to play paper.

For the rest I found that playing pure green ramp solves the issue 99% of the time, it's the only deck where you can start with a 2 mana in hand opening and still have all the mana in the world to cast your big creatures, it however requires you to have unlocked 4 copies of nissa's pilgrimage.

Other wise you could try to play a mono red or white/red aggro deck where at the most you'll have to spend 4 mana at once.
>>
>>122917923
As with any card game, luck of the draw will always be present. No matter what.

However, the better you are at building your deck and the better you are at using the cards you draw properly the less this will be a factor.

New players will also find something to blame their losses on, it's much easier to blame the fact that you lost on bad draws than to face that you could have done something different that would have resulted in another outcome. Don't get me wrong, sometimes you will just lose because of bad draws and nothing you would have done would have changed anything. That's just how every single game like this works. It's just that that doesn't happen as often as you might believe it does.
>>
>>122918265
>Because I'm pretty sure the retards at stainless steel fucked up the RNG algorithm
This again? It's already been sufficiently demonstrated that this isn't the case with extensive data gathering. Besides, sufficiently randomizing an array is extremely basic programming. Like you could learn to do it in 5 minutes basic. As bad as Stainless are, they're not going to fuck that up.

Just drop that line of excuses and move on to something else.
>>
>>122918687
>As bad as Stainless are, they're not going to fuck that up.

SS employee pls go, you can't even get a simple thing as a 2-headed giant netcode to work properly.

Actually, even the 1v1 one works only about half of the time.
>>
>>122917923
the overall best consistent deck in duels right now is RU artifacts/top thop
>>
>>122918265
I was originally betting on a black/blue deck, but I'll give white/red a shot.

>>122918919
What does RU stand for, as well as "top thop"?
>>
>>122918919
That deck wasn't even best before BFZ hit, it "only" gets you to about rank 20 where it starts dropping off.

Monocolored aggro was honestly just the best, at least before BFZ. I can't speak for how the meta might look now.
>>
>>122919168
just go for artifacts and red blue stuff that generates/enhances artifacts and you'll be fine

or do >>122919195

or download the trainer and grind gold
>>
>>122919168
>I was originally betting on a black/blue deck,
Im
>>122918265
And I actually play a B/U deck (the U stands for blue, b for black), it's pretty cool, it is a control deck so it's very slow and often RNG will fuck you over, but you can do some cool shit with it.

This guy runs a similar version of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n06OfcpbJBE
>>
So, now the AI doesn't play anything else but a W/U control deck plus some random colors.
>>
>>122905163
Wait, Stasis Snare was in the campaign, it didn't make it into actual decks? That's dumb as hell.
>>
They added mana pool. Game just got a lot closer to the physical version
>>
>>122919595
Well this will be cool when I actually get any of these cards. I'll have to grind forever for coins.

>>122928053
I thought it was a new bullshit mechanic. Interesting
>>
Anyone have a 5 color deck with the bfz and origins cards? I need more memes in my life.
>>
Can we just discuss xmage already, it has a larger card pool at the cost of less flashy effects :^)
Why even play Duels?
>>
>>122942165
or Cockatrice. it has ALL the cards

how many ppl are online on xmage on average?

cockatrice got some nice drafting action going on and standart/mordern games fo days
>>
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>122917192
Is that a sixth color i see? Are those absolute madmen actually doing it?
>>
>>122958380
"Hedron mana"
Must be payed with colorless mana.

So basicially while colorless has always been colorless it hasn't been specificially one thing, now it can be.
>>
>>122891276
share?
>>
bumping this from the grave for the trainer, grinding gold vs the a.i is boring as fuck, if there's a safe trainer that lets you instant-win vs. the a.i that would be nice.
>>
File: Purple_Portal.jpg (21 KB, 230x320) Image search: [Google]
Purple_Portal.jpg
21 KB, 230x320
>>122958380
>tfw they will never add purple as t he sixth color

>>122966674
>if there's a safe trainer that lets you instant-win vs. the a.i that would be nice.
There's is, but it's full chinese I don't have the link to it, OP used to have it in the first threads.
>>
>>122966674
Search for "Magic Duels Origins Ali213". Not sure if it works with this version of the game but according to this anon >>122891276 it does
>>
File: 1438391633668.jpg (395 KB, 1956x2068) Image search: [Google]
1438391633668.jpg
395 KB, 1956x2068
>Daily quests still reset only once every 3 days

BRAVO SS
R
A
V
O
>>
>>122970465
never had that problem
just gold cap that didn't reset daily
>>
File: bug.png (97 KB, 653x353) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
97 KB, 653x353
>>122975605
Tell me your secrets, because since the beginning I never had dailies reset every 24 hours.

It was always between 3 to 4 days.
>>
>>122970432
only things that come up are chinese torrent sites with what seems like a 1gb download, can some kind soul upload just the trainer somewhere?
>>
>>122980303
here
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00314443064698336267
>>
File: kozilekthegreatdistortion.jpg (36 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
kozilekthegreatdistortion.jpg
36 KB, 265x370
when's oath of the gatewatch for duels?
>>
It's a fucking joke that you still can't 2hg with friends
>>
Fuck Duels! That daily quest reset crap never worked for me.
I switched to Forge where i can get all cards without grind.
I also can play Magic now on my android phone. Duels is only available for iOS
>>
Apparently now you get awarded +20 gold (on top of the standard 20 gold) on your first pvp victory.
>>
Right boys, where do I look for the best decks
>>
>>122986501
There's so few cards it's not that hard to make a decent deck
>>
File: wastes.jpg (41 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
wastes.jpg
41 KB, 265x370
just gonna leave this here
>>
>>123002736
Isn't it just colorless mana? That has existed since forever
>>
>>123005653
look at the symbol then look at >>122983202

it's a new color, the madmen actually did it
>>
How many booster for all the new cards?
>>
>>123006494
There's no indication that it's a new color
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.