[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/arkg/ - ARK: Survival Evolved General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: ark1-2zq7u7l9actwtyu68qdq80.jpg (71 KB, 547x410) Image search: [Google]
ark1-2zq7u7l9actwtyu68qdq80.jpg
71 KB, 547x410
Dead game, shit community: Edition

>Official FAQ:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/613957600545122958/

>Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arkgeneral

>Official Wiki:
http://ark.gamepedia.com/

>Patch Notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

>Play with /arkg/
Open Steam > View > Servers > Favorites > Add a server

No Fun Allowed PvE : 72.20.53.53:18816 (Password: arkg)
>Rates
x3 Experience
x3 Taming
x3 Gathering

No Fun Allowed PvP: 74.80.133.254
>Rates
x6 Experience
x4.5 Taming
x3 Gathering
>>
Newfag here, I'm playing official for the first time, what is the fastest method to power level playing solo? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>122749317
Get a bow with 200 arrows and go to mountains in search for an alpha
Abuse the shitout of the crap AI and kill it
Enjoy easiest levelup of your life
2nd for /burd/
>>
Ok so my friend is running a sevrer but has come across a problem

Anyone in the server can spawn in items and dinos. Someone spawned in a lv 1000 Do Do. and they certainly wernt admins

what do
>>
>>122752413
Data downloads off.
>>
why is trex and gig bigger than spino when irl its bigger?
why is gig the only dino stronger wild than tamed?
why is lag so common and notable?
>>
Why does NFA PVP randomly keep disconnecting me with a timeout error during the early morning hours? Shit happened to me yesterday too, I got kicked just now while flying around on my freshly tamed level 120 Ptera. As we speak I still cannot see the server to reconnect. I will be mighty pissed if that thing dies.
>>
ded thread ded gayme

sitting comfy in nfa pvp is boring.
can we do the server 8 pirate thing again? only do it properly this time..

either build a well protected pirate hideout and then start pirating

or

make a fleet of cheap shit boats and sprread them out, and hide secret cashes underwater with treasure and mats for quick new boat building
>>
>>122761142
Just go be a pirate on nfa PvP.
Honestly it needs to be stirred up a little.
>>
>>122763207
Attacking any well established tribe will get you nowhere
>>
>it's a medium crop box blueprint
>>
>>122749317
go to NFA PVP, there is literally no reason to play on officials.
>>122757805
If you were disconnected while in air, you are still mounted on your ptera, you will only dismount as you connect to the server.
So your ptera should be still floating in the air.
>>122763207
>>122763872
There needs to be people new to the game on the server.
Cultivating people should be priority, its really fucking odd that we had so many new tribes that weren't raided and they just stopped playing.
>>
>>122771501
>no reason to play official servers
officials have a higher chance of not being dead
officials stay updated promptly, for better or worse
officials have 0 chance of admin abuse, confirmed on nfa
officials dont ban people simply because they did something that made everyone hate them, although weak people can get bullied out

they probably quit like i did after 2 days of fucking dead, although i didnt like the resource modifier and exp was too high
>>
Nfa PvP is nice everyone knows each other. Even 8 people I'd pretty busy with a lot of shit going on
>>
>>122772086
>officials have a higher chance of not being dead
Filled with chinks and southern good ol boys with disposable income for cheats.
>officials stay updated promptly, for better or worse
Update at 8pm guyz :^)
>officials have 0 chance of admin abuse, confirmed on nfa
I hope your not referencing NFA PvP because there has never been admin abuse.
>officials dont ban people simply because they did something that made everyone hate them, although weak people can get bullied out
No Officials are a cluster fuck of griefers and faggots that will buy hacks the minute shit goes south for them.
Why in the everloving name of Christ would you put any time on a server where hackers can fuck you over.
Power Rangers were on 355 since the beginning, they had a regular group of people with huge weapon stockpiles and dinos.
Yet even they were taken off 355, its ridiculous anyone would want to smash a rock for hours, just so some faggot and his butt buddy would take everyone out.
>although i didnt like the resource modifier and exp was too high
The exp could be lowered it was only as high as it was to get people on 355 back to speed, but the resource modifier is phenomenal.
>>
>>122773980
1. has no relevance to my point, and good servers like mine are chinese free because were not shit at the game when it comes to efficiency
we do have 1 tribe of spanish i havent seen in days
2. you just have brain problems
3. l o l
alternatively see 2
4. youre going to have to define griefing, because clearly we dont share views on that
some faggots i dont even know do not affect me at all nor does their story ring true on all servers
hackers can be banned by simply messaging devs with proof, and its not as if nfa is hackproof so you can fuck off thinking any of that matters
5. silly reason for exp, opinion for resource is whatever

tldr: youre bad and those arent objective arguments against my points

thank you come again
>>
File: 1410796614572.png (2 MB, 636x3147) Image search: [Google]
1410796614572.png
2 MB, 636x3147
>>122775118
>has no relevance to my point, and good servers like mine are chinese free because were not shit at the game when it comes to efficiency
we do have 1 tribe of spanish i havent seen in days
Oh I see your new to the game and have no idea what its like to deal with the Chinese.
Also no dude you are not as good as you think you are because no matter what your are subject to chinese abuse.
>you just have brain problems
No u
> l o l
Is this supposed to be a rebuttal?
>hackers can be banned by simply messaging devs with proof, and its not as if nfa is hackproof so you can fuck off thinking any of that matters
Holy fuck you just told everyone who has been in this thread for more then 2 months what a inbred simian you are.
PaDiddy had a wealth of evidence against him yet he was never banned, even with VAC he was still not banned.
Then he got hacked by the Chinese and HE gave proof and videos related to hacking, and they were never banned.
People complain constantly about nothing being done by submitting proof, when we originally made a thread about hacking we had some guy explain for TWO MONTHS he has been submitting proof of Russian hackers who still play.
The thread was locked and ignored.
>silly reason for exp, opinion for resource is whatever
Do you even know what your talking about at this point?

Good luck having anyone here want to play with you when your such a blathering moron your denying shit that we all had to deal with 2 months ago.
>>
>>122775118
Why does xp need to be low?
>>
>>122776084
there are no chinese on my server
that is a fact
you do have brain problems
it has been stated many times there has been admin abuse on nfa pvp
5 hackers have been banned from my server because of devs being contacted
boosting exp because some retards got bullied off their server for any reason at all is stupid

yea i am new to the general and i dont give any fucks about how long youve been here if youre a fucking moron who doesnt even know about the admin shit on nfa
dont forget to neck yourself

>>122776179
i just said it was too high, not that it needs to be low, just lower
>>
>>122776485
>it has been stated many times there has been admin abuse on nfa pvp
Then your a fucking idiot, there have been claims without proof, no one has ever proven admin abuse, no screen caps, no videos, nothing.
>there are no chinese on my server
>that is a fact
For now.
>5 hackers have been banned from my server because of devs being contacted
Sure buddy, I totally believe your anedoctal evidence, according to some people (who have never encountered hackers), there aren't any hackers at all, so guess we are just making this shit up.
>boosting exp because some retards got bullied off their server for any reason at all is stupid
Then your a fucking retard, because again if you were actually around during the time you would understand why that was done.

>yea i am new to the general and i dont give any fucks about how long youve been here if youre a fucking moron who doesnt even know about the admin shit on nfa
dont forget to neck yourself
No your the faggot who sees Sadbob copypasta and thinks its the truth.

Your retarded and full of shit, again I doubt anyone would want to play with you faggot.
>>
kayd is a faggot
>>
>>122776084
I've been on nfa PvP since it's third day. The closest thing there's been to advise was someone finding kamis old ascended bow and torch. Fucking woo. And sentinel toying around with gigas which only fucked up his own tribe.

No one wants original rates. The devs are retarded if they think I'm gonna tame a Rex for 4 and a half hours just so some fag could swoop down on a ptera and kill it or ruin is taming effectiveness.

Nfa PvP is honestly perfect with its rates, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>122777315
Yfw it's sadbob you're arguing with.
>>
>>122778190
Wrong nigga, nigger.
>>122778357
I would believe it.
>I want someone to play with
>I will convince these people to play with me by pretending their grievances were just exaggerations
>Works for me
>>
>>122777315
>he has admitted to spawning things
ok retard
>for now
free for like 4 months even if 1 showed up we could easily bully them harder than those ranger kids
>no proof
correct i personally do not
>actually good etc etc
lol no boosting exp for some retards is stupid
>sadbob
not the source retard
>>
>>122778617
>he has admitted to spawning things
>ok retard
Wew, do you mean the funhouse he made for people to raid?
Abwwwwuuuuussseeee!!111
You mean the dragon he rode around and despawned!!111
Abwwwwuuuuussseeeeee!111
You mean the dinos he helped people tame because the update fucked them up?
Abwussssssssseeee!!11111
>free for like 4 months even if 1 showed up we could easily bully them harder than those ranger kids
Again you have no idea what your talking about none at all. 355 has a 70 player limit, at the height of the Chinese invasion they had 35 players on locking out anyone who logged in.
They had several aimbots which can snipe anyone off a dino the minute they entered rendering view, they can snipe you even when your rolled up in a deod.
They managed a all metal base that rivalled any big tribes base in 2 days.
You have no idea what you are talking about, the best part is you are talking to vets who have seen what the chinese are capable off.
Everyone who thought the chinese were no big deal on 355 has been forced off.
>not the source retard
>correct i personally do not
So you have no proof, all you have heard is an admin has loaded something into the game.
Yeah your a faggot, you have no idea what your talking about and making claims with no evidence other then anedoctal evidence.
What server are you on faggot, I want to have fun with your bootyhole.
>>
>>122779285
>spawning in blueprints
>losing to chinese
>sadbob isnt
>continuing on a point i conceded
brain problems lol
you lose all other points just give up nerd
>>
File: 1386896190372.jpg (138 KB, 678x451) Image search: [Google]
1386896190372.jpg
138 KB, 678x451
>>122779658
You sound pretty upset.
Anal annihilated
Sphincter Splintered
Booty busted
Rump Ravaged
Derriere Devastated
Kiester Killed
>>
>>122780512
lol stay mad over chinese who cant run my server
stay mad youre brainwashed by an admin who spawned in prints
stay mad you are losing an argument over the internet
>>
>>122780783
Who is losing the argument?
The winner of an argument isn't decided by the people arguing its by the observers.
People have already pointed out your full of shit.
>stay mad youre brainwashed by an admin who spawned in prints
You mean the prints that he put in the admin funhouse for people to loot?
You admitted you have no idea what your talking about, your just throwing shit hoping it sticks.
>lol stay mad over chinese who cant run my server
Which server is that?
Also from what I've seen its only a matter of time, everything people predicted regarding the Chinese has come true.
I knew they would be a problem when I started Somalia, and I was right, the ones who didn't believe where wiped, tribes that had all metal bases with endless amount of turrets and high level dinos.
All wiped, and you admitted your a new player so you haven't experienced much.
Your naivete will wear off soon when the chinks wipe you.
>>
>>122780783
Chinese don't bother with unofficialls, but I'm sure you're better than the 4 different tribes who fought off the Chinese in 355 the first time. Come play nfa PvP if it's too easy and site is your skills bruh.
>>
>obligatory aqualad drama is shitting up the thread omg can we talk about the game gusy

I might be game for a new pirates gig. Official rates suck but at least we could have someone to fight. I would suggest we try primitive if we do though.

Or we could pick a high rate server, stir some shit, and eat our bans before hurting some other butts.
>>
>>122782073
I really dont feel like having another time sink of a server and going to unofficals is a dice roll if the admin is a butthurt fuck that would ban a chungor
>>
>>122781308
no nigger i never said i was a new player
i said im new to the general, nice reading comprehension
he used and gave the prints to his friends before they got raided from someone else fucktard
we had chinese twice 0 problems 0 remain
if they return we will eternally camp them for that is the fate of their people
arguments are not decided by the observers

>>122781649
i know they dont bother with unofficials because they would just get kicked or banned, i never said they play them
i am better than some rejects who got bullied off a server by some asians because they cant defend shit with months worth of a head start
im not going to play a shit server i already said im not playing on

>>122782073
at least this thread isnt dead yet, the last like 4 died before 100 posts easy, you fucks can thank me, i enjoy their autism sperging
>>
>>122782235
Well, I'm talking ridiculous high rates. Strong chance that means no one cares if we blow their shit up, but maybe they'll get worked up.

Something fast enough we could be a wandering plague, causing waves of destruction before the inevitable cure rolls around and we repeat the process on a new server. Then you can just keep everything you care about on NFA, where you don't need to play ten hours a day to get things done.

I'm not much a fan of officials. I'm sort of curious how much damage we could do if we avoid the major time sinks.
>>
>>122782518
>All this low quallity bait and people actually falling for this

> who got bullied off a server by some asians because they cant defend shit with months worth of a head start
The funfact is that Pashitty attacked them with a trex and fullload of esp/aimbot longnecks against 1 day old chink spearwielding tribe and lost his shit to them

I am GLAD we quit 355 , never have felt better
>>
File: 1435200055700.png (179 KB, 639x1615) Image search: [Google]
1435200055700.png
179 KB, 639x1615
>>122782518
>no nigger i never said i was a new player
>i said im new to the general, nice reading comprehension
No your definitely a new player, only someone this new could think they are so good.
>he used and gave the prints to his friends before they got raided from someone else fucktard
For someone who has admitted to not having a lick of proof you seem pretty self-assured of your unprovable events.
>we had chinese twice 0 problems 0 remain
Sure ya did bub
>arguments are not decided by the observers
So they are decided by those arguing? What brilliant logic I'm sure the people in heated debate are reliable to judge the merits of their own arguments.

This is your brain on new.
>>
>>122783089
good for you im glad you found a place to make you happy
doesnt make you any less bad though

>>122783292
i have 1k hours on 2 accounts, although some of it is 2 at once and afk
he literally admitted it in a thread when someone posted images of it retard
cant prove they existed i guess but they dont exist now
observers dont get to decide who was correct you are literally brain dead

neck yourself retard
>>
>>122783686
Your not even clever with talking shit.
You repeated yourself again, like use something new nigger fuck.
>Braindead
>Neck yourself
Your off to a great start with everyone thinking your a faggot.
What serber?
>>
>>122784010
youre not even arguing the points anymore so clearly youve given up since you realized youre wrong
>your not
youre not
not trying to be clever fuckface
>your off
youre off
>your a
youre a
>serber
ill take it

im going to ignore you now since youve clearly given up, kind of like when you face chinese, i guess youre just not a match
>>
>>122784321
Your not familiar with the term serber?
You are new
Again what serber are you on nig.
What tribe?
>>
>>122784321
wut serber, if you guys are so good why don't you let us come play with you?
>>
>>122784321
ayy what serber you play on? :^)
>>
>>122784321
serber?
>>
>>122784321
>>122784387
>>122784750
>>122784837
>says his serber can easily wipe out chinese and other shitters
>too scared to give out his serber to some random guys
TOP LEL
>>
>>122785764
Muh aqualads just talk shit behind muh back
>>
>>122786875
wut?
>>
>>122761142
We did it fine the first time we just had to leave for the war on 355 im down to do it though
>>
Would you guys rather do primitive or just normal for pirates?
>>
>>122792225
prim
>>
>>122792225
Primitive will be easier to reach max tech, and we won't have to deal with bullshit technology. The weapons we'll have easy access to will be really all we have to worry about facing.

On the other hand, does primitive still have explosives, or will we require ballista in order to break into stone houses? Additional problems depend on whether we have rifles or not, since countering dinos will be a huge problem.

We need a (you) count for how many people are interested. If only a few people are interested in actually playing it, it may be difficult. Then again the aqualads started with just a few of us and picked up steam once we had the first lighthouse set up.
>>
>>122793002
You cant make explosives on prim but i dont know about rifle's prim would make raiding pretty hard
>>
File: 1361936725932.png (601 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1361936725932.png
601 KB, 640x480
Meanwhile in NFA PvE
>>
File: 2015-11-19_00002.jpg (442 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-19_00002.jpg
442 KB, 1680x1050
>>122793523

>tfw bros helped me tame my spino yesterday

Thanks guys.

I always forget to turn my gamma back down for daytime
>>
>>122793523
I just get no entertainment from PvE.
Its boring knowing you will never be threatened.
>>
You guys fine with official53 for pirates?
>>
>>122794568

I find fun in collecting dinosaurs and building a huge pretty base in a cool location and helping out my fellow survivors. Losing hours upon hours of progress to some doucheknob while I'm offline isn't entertaining to me. But, to each their own, thats why there are PvP and PvE servers.
>>
When I play single player can I do all the admin comands?

I play on a private server and there is a rule saying that passive dinos in a pen must not be killed. Someone killed mine anyway and the admin spawned them back in.

Now I'd like to just spawn a lot of shit in single player to test it if that's possible?
>>
>>122792225
You can't have good pirates without black powder pistols and cannons. In fact, why don't we have canons? What a travesty. Guess you'll have to use catapult turrets as a substitute.
>>
ded.thred.
>>
>>122804963
ur mum iz ded
>>
>watching your body clip through the world after you die
welp, guess I'm not getting my shit back
>>
>get done lvling 120 pter
>Turret randomly loads in
>ded in seconds
>land inbetween rocks

best day ever
>>
>>122808098
>>122809937
>tame bronto
>tard flies in with level 180 pt and kills it
>>
>>122809937
Ha, you think that's bad? I tamed a 120 Ptera today too, I took it flying around collecting blueprints and was heading home with my haul and saw another beacon, and thought to myself "just one more". Landed on it, go to open it up, suddenly SNAKES EVERYWHERE, Ptera is is flying around like a fucking psychopath so I can't get on him, somehow manage to pike them to death, immediately pass out from snake venom, think it's OK because I already killed the snakes, then come the bugs to feast on my unconscious body. I never did manage to find that Ptera or that corpse bag. Lost every blueprint I collected and the Ptera.
>>
File: good.jpg (102 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
good.jpg
102 KB, 480x640
>>122815775
>taming level 120 pt
>see red beacon spawn not too far off
>PT is in a area that has carnivores occasionally
>>
>>122794568
This isn't a game I play to be competitive or for action. I play it during the shitty hours for my internet to chill and for dinosaurs. I've got other games that have not mediocre pvp.
>>
>>122820831
Huge tribe versus huge tribe has a higher skill cap than almost any game ive played that wasnt RTS. The flow of dino and resources for 20 man + tribes during warfare is insane and the logistics alone make it outstanding.
>>
File: bird faggots geting btfo.webm (754 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
bird faggots geting btfo.webm
754 KB, 270x360
>>
Where else other than mountaintops can I find a decent stream of metal? On my server, the most powerful tribe has built metal farming pens and turrets on all the major mountaintop farming spots.
>>
>>122826728
caves or get an ankylo and smash river rocks
>>
>>122821810
Yea, no.
>>
Need a name for a female Carno, preferably a flower.
>>
>>122815775
>not spamming the "stay put" whistle
huehuehue
>>
NFA PvP rates change?
>>
>>122838316
Ambrosia
Begonia
Tulip
>>
>>122841930
to what?
>>
>>122843303
>>
>find red drop
>it's full of garbage
>>
File: 800px-Compy_Dossier.png (800 KB, 800x518) Image search: [Google]
800px-Compy_Dossier.png
800 KB, 800x518
- New Creature: Compsognathus! Time to form your own Compy gang :)
>>
File: compy.jpg (119 KB, 492x521) Image search: [Google]
compy.jpg
119 KB, 492x521
>>122844431
>>
>>122844431
>not "new meme dino"
Anyway, sweet! Compsognathus was one of my favourite dinos when I was a kid.
I also like the different behaviour. What was the other dog-sized dino they added to dossiers a couple of months ago?
>>
>>122845440
How is it not a meme dinosaur?
>>
>>122845713
>How is it not a meme dinosaur?
It is
Every new dino is a meme dino
I was commenting that anon broke the tradition of posting new dossiers in the thread with the obligatory "new meme dino" text
>>
>>122845440
I hope they are stupidly easy to tame (easier than dilo even), so my buddies can I can tame 50 of them and have compy gang wars
>>
How do you put foundations on a raft so they are flush with the surface of the raft as opposed to being much higher? Somebody said it had something to do with pillars and foundations, but that doesn't seem to work.
>>
File: raft2.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
raft2.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
>>122848267
It had something to do with buidling founds one on top of the others and then destroying them so the snap points get slightly altered in length and also lower
Fuck, it's been so long, living in the snow biome means that I learned to dread and hate water and everything that has to do with it
>>
Oviraptor and Compy? Man these devs do work. My pals still fear the early access banner of death and call it a Minecraft+DayZ hybrid. Even if it is similar, I wish I could get them to see the light.
>>
>>122849976
Sabertooths are the niggers of the dino world
>>
>>122850298
All cats must die
>>
>>122850206
I like it, even if it's only to live out a 1st person zoo tycoon on a pve server.
>>
>>122850206
>Man these devs do work.
Meanwhile, a lv 1 Giga still has like 15x melee damage on a rex and like 200x HP
>>
File: 1409540165917.jpg (81 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
1409540165917.jpg
81 KB, 590x393
>tfw fondest memory is riding a raft with two friends
>build a chair and sit on it
>call it a throne
>cant dismount while raft is moving or else I fly off
>friend steers raft into swamp
>sarco clambers onto the raft
>we're all around level 15, very incapable of decent combat
>fuck fuck fuck if I get up I'll fall into the water
>panic and can't remember if I dismounted as the raft came to a stop or if the sarco snatched me off the raft
>get deathrolled underwater
>friends sail away still panicked
>"where is op" they ask
>only thing I can see is water blood and piranhas
>die while screaming irl

That was terrifying yet extremely fun to be a part of
>>
>>122850697
gig/rex bigger than spino
spino vs rex isnt even a guaranteed win for spino unless maxed vs maxed
gig is broken in design
only creature stronger wild
only creature with a wild only trait
only creature besides alphas to destroy stone

why do devs have such a hardon for shit gigs? irl they were literally bitches
>>
>>122850837
>tfw jaded as fuck now
>>
>>122850979
They were supposed to make them quite OP from the start, and up to x5 from rexes (which is more or less what a rex has on a raptor) would've made a nice challenge
But everything, EVERYTHING about giganoto, quetzal and mosa is broken as hell as they made it purely as a difficult task for the bored cunts who had spent the latest few weeks grinding and complained that there was nothing to do, both on pvp and pve
Take a look at how many DAYS hatching and mature a Quetzal or Giganoto takes, same for taming a Quetz/Giganoto/Mosa . A level 50 Mosasaurus takes 75 (seventy-five) quetzal eggs. Good luck finding and taming so many female quetz not to mention actually getting to that many eggs.

It's like the devs simply stopped caring and added another tier so completely above the previous ones it could as much be a different game.
>>
>actually wanting to pirate on an official server
Enjoy throwing all your time away on aimbotters.

Remember the Mexicans from server 8? They all bought aim bots and literally went nuclear on everyone. Don't waste your time. Don't waste my time trying to bring me into that.
>>
>>122852007
I know nothing about offi, but didn't the VAC and banhammers take care of most of those?
>>
>>122852229
>vac
>ever working
It was just a placebo for the community to shut up about the hackers
>>
>>122852007
>not becoming an aimbot yourself
It's like you aren't even trying
>>
This thread must live
>>
This is the dog-sized meme dino I was thinking of desu senpai
>>
>>122846837
Compy isn't a new dossier though. It's old as dirt. As far as dossier > release gap dinosaurs go it's pretty up there right next to mosasaur.
>>
>>122851856
>Good luck finding and taming so many female quetz not to mention actually getting to that many eggs.

You only really need like 2 or 3 considering you can cook fertilized eggs.
>>
>>122851856
The worst part is there's still nothing to do.
>>
>>122858232
l m a o ok buddy
>>
File: 2015-06-16_00001.jpg (128 KB, 1176x664) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_00001.jpg
128 KB, 1176x664
I'm an Ark Vet (from the days of TheStranded) coming back to the game, whats a decent established PvP Server without pants on head retarded modifiers?
>>
>>122858232
3 females + 1 male means you have tamed 4 quetzal which is more than ever spawned on some servers.
Even then each female has to lay 25 eggs just to tame a level 50 mosa. A lv120 is 151 eggs.
>you can cook fertilized eggs.
And? Fertilized eggs drop has a cooldown too. I'm not sure you really considered this through.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1L6NIbKefOI
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0LaoXS6PIj9
;)
Is this how you picture your sexy dinofus sounding??
>>
File: 2015-07-06_00001.jpg (68 KB, 1176x664) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-06_00001.jpg
68 KB, 1176x664
Are Megalodons still the most viable water mount in terms of taming time, damage, health and speed?
>>
>>122861525
Plesio would be better at all those if it wasn't for the long taming time you have to spend in the depths
So yes, sharks are better
>>
>>122861525
>>122862048
>tfw had to let my Megalodon go because he couldn't get into the swamp

I put him on neutral and enabled wandering. Didn't get a death message yet but I doubt he is still alive...
>>
>>122866383
So you never go in the sea anymore? That doesn't make sense mate, is the pvp so ferocious they won't let you have a small b-base by the sea?
>>
wtb some people to play on a official prim server
not super skilled or experienced
>>
>>122867463
I'll think about it. I haven't really played Ark much since Oceania fell.
>>
I still barely understood the post-return to main server situation to be honest since I missed a couple of weeks
You were blogging a lot among yourselves but without providing references, so the last thing I got is that those who were online at some point launched an unprepared attack on the mountain where PaDiddy was but were defeated because alleged aimbotters
Then you conquered whatever Mikeez had going on but got the ex-green obelisk base rekt by PaDiddy who allied with the Chinese and you had to resettle on the river base
From then it's a blur of details I couldn't understand anymore and I stopped lurking for a bit
>>
File: !.gif (2 MB, 488x291) Image search: [Google]
!.gif
2 MB, 488x291
surprised burds
>>
Man I am having the same problem I always have in these games, my buildings are uninspired squares; anyone have cool/efficient base floor plans they can post?
>>
>>122877358
Have you tried rectangles? They really need a way to rotate foundations so you can do more than box houses
>>
>>122867463
I would screw around but I have little interest in grinding resources or dinos or anything really useful. I just want to hunt.
>>122870747
The aimbots are confirmed. Other than that your story only differs in trivial details, like padiddy not really doing anything to the obelisk base for weeks other than kill some dinos. At least for the first half of the conflict. The second half was going pretty well for us but official servers suck and we lost interest in it, because the aimbots sure weren't going away and it's hard to have a real fight with them around. Not to mention how shitty the community on 355 was. I hope they enjoy what happened, we tried to stop it.
>>
>>122877812
I can make rectangles, it's just I automatically fall into making 3x3 or 4x4 floor plans and making stupid box shaped towers whenever I get into a new game, I really have to break the fucking habit so I wanted to see some other peoples' floor plans to give me some inspiration. Also I need to figure out what to put on which floor, how many floors, how tall each one should be, whether I should do certain things in seperate buildings, etc.
>>
>>122878819
Eh, it all depends on what you have to build. A hatchery? An harbor? A cage? A small base? A huge one with everything? And where?
Anyway ARK is interesting because although it makes it hell with the snap points, you can experiment with shapes and having to make your floor plain before building, plus slopes and ramps. Just experiment.
>>
>>122867463
I'm not game on official rates. No one wants to spend a week grinding before they can do anything reasonable.
>>
Upcoming Version: v224, ETA: Nov 20 Noonish EST!
- Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results) -- finally, you can now create your own unique recipes for S### Burgers)!
- New Creature: Oviraptor! Gotta get those eggs :)
- New Creature: Compsognathus! Time to form your own Compy gang :)
- New Structures: Rocket Turret, Sea Mine, Wall Lamps!
- New 'Weapon': Magnifying Glass!
- Server Admin Logs (including RCON support) and Tribe Admin Logs (which can also act as effective "offline event" logs even for solo players!!!!)
- +3 Max Survivor Level, +3 Max Dino Level
- Raised Official Server Max Structure & Max Tamed Dino Limits by 20%
- Owned or Claimable Rafts can now be "Demolished", and destroyed Rafts now sink to the ocean floor
- bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos Server Game option to allow spike walls to damage wild/riderless Dinos
- Massively improved game loading & streaming times (reducing hitches) by using "seek free" packages. Also a Garbage Collector improvement to reduce game stalls/hitches
- Fixed underwater ice cave that was deleting Dinos
- Fixed Dino walking-backwards movement animations
- Improved and optimized IK on most Dinos
- Improved Dino navigation logic to better dynamically navigate around other Dinos
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
>>
>>122882582
I should probably just stop playing now then, last thing I need is for NFA PVP to suddenly kick me again to update itself and roll the server back half an hour or some shit so I log in on the back of my Rex in the middle of nowhere.
>>
rip
>>
Woah, I just discovered you can get the smithy snug against the wall if you smash the wall out and put it really close the edge, then build the wall again behind it. This really helps me out, it was bothering the shit out of me how I had to back so far away from the wall to place the fucking thing.
>>
File: 2015-06-14_00009.jpg (52 KB, 1176x664) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-14_00009.jpg
52 KB, 1176x664
I will not be happy with this game until they bring back ocean danger.
This empty sparce ocean shit drives me crazy, there isnt even a challenge in getting ocean resources, new chars can just swim out without any fear for their lives or Items.

They should bring back the megalodons, not in the original hordes, but still enough to make new players think twice before going in the river.
>>
>>122898951
Megapiranhas are the deadliest thing imaginable to a new player, you get unlucky and 2 or 3 show up at the wrong moment, you're fucking dead in seconds. You learn to fear crossing stretches of water. I always sit in the water for like 5 seconds and back off onto shore to make sure no piranhas show up to eat me before I decide to make a water crossing.
>>
Update when?
>>
>>122898951
I hate that mass spam of sharks. I'm cool with a wider variety of dangerous animals, but when you have to kill a shark every 5 feet, they lose their intimidation factor.
>>
>>122866869
I'm on a new server with only one friend playing on the regular. We wanted to fortify our base first and there was no point in going back into the sea so far.
We started out on rafts that's why we got the shark but when we decided to settle we couldn't take him with us.
No big deal he was just lvl 26 but I still miss him
>>
>>122900414
Also m friend keeps getting our birds killed he has managed to lose 3 fucking birds so far wtf
>>
If I daisy chain a bunch of reservoirs together, will the active reservoir pull water from the other reservoirs, or will it only take a direct intake/rainwater?
>>
>>122903279
yes
>>
What animals that they haven't announced, would you like to see?
Elasmotherium master race here
>>
>>122859453
Nfa PvP. You'll get early levels and simple tames easily, but the higher tier stuff still takes effort and time, just not retarded amounts. About 2 hours to tame a high level Rex.
I have a pretty well established tribe on there and we haven't even gotten more than 1 Rex yet. (Mostly cause I don't want low level ones)
Giga still going to be a pain in the cock.
>>
>>122882582
>- Fixed underwater ice cave that was deleting Dinos
Is there some actual icy cave or they just mean the iceberg tunnels?

>>122898951
Well, they added the angler fish and mosa, we're going to get the giant squid, the water scorpion, manta, dunkleothing, electric eel and liopleurodon. Now I actually realize there are tons of creatures they have announced, holy shit
>>
>>122905990
>not having a scorpion egg farm to tame level 120s ezpz
>>
>>122905859
Giant short faced bear in the northern biome would be cool.
>>
>>122906882
I said ones they haven't announced
>>
>>122907465
They announced that? Fucking nice. Where's the list of already announced creatures then? Because I never heard anything about that.
>>
>>122907620
46 in the game with compy and oviraptor today, 34 announced if I counted that right -just sort by "released" Y/N
http://ark.gamepedia.com/Creatures
I wish the steam forums had a way to search for the dossier tag
>>
File: Direbear_Dossier.jpg (2 MB, 2550x1650) Image search: [Google]
Direbear_Dossier.jpg
2 MB, 2550x1650
>>122907620
And before someone gets uppity that it's a not called a shortfaced, the genus is Arctodus, not Ursus
>>
i WANT TO HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH A HUMAN FEMALE, OUTSIDE OF MY FAMILY.
>>
>>122908349
Why not a burd?
>>
>patch will be out at noon
>wait, make that 7 pm
>wait, no midnight
every fucking time
>>
File: 1447717331067.jpg (356 KB, 1264x1818) Image search: [Google]
1447717331067.jpg
356 KB, 1264x1818
>mfw I legitimately miss hanging out with the Aqualads
>mfw I legitimately miss the late night/early morning banter on skype
>mfw I miss Jak and his bird fetish... because he gave everyone free birds all the time
>mfw I miss Triton and his rants about the Denver Airport Bunker and other /x/ tier shit
>mfw I miss being Chungors neighbor and stepping in his bear traps he left all over our beach
>mfw I miss Atlantian and his ability to bantz anyone on the server into submission

Through every up and down, we were always bros. That is something those autists could never take from us.
>>
>>122910179
They're probably still scratching their heads wondering why the official servers won't update. I find it really funny that the unofficial servers are like 2 patches ahead.
>>
>>122910179
>>122910527

If you guys only knew.
>>
>still no patch
>>
>>122910445
>tfw Jak never tamed me that bird

I am enjoying other games though. Not having to farm stone or deal with a shitty building system is great.
>>
>>122906708
Just started my farms last night. Needed a very secure base first.
>>
File: -,-.jpg (45 KB, 620x427) Image search: [Google]
-,-.jpg
45 KB, 620x427
>>122914573
I would rather hoard the burds for myself than give one to you
>>
>>122778357
Man I'm playing ToS, haven't posted in arkg in weeks.

>nfapvp

Lmao everyday, every day this shitty server is lagging and rubber banding. Everyday they pass 3/4 of the day fapping to gay porn and farming c4 for offline raiding. Everyday the gay weeaboo "Kami Sama" is a gay weeaboo, gay and a weeabo. Everyday griefers raid your shit for, hoping for a good loot to be shot deep into their assholes while trying to look "cool" with his awful offline raiding.Every Day Tunnel Snake "R A I D B O Y" raids peaceful people just to massage his ego, cause he is a neckbeard jobless autist. Every single day this goes on, and you people eat it up. You love it. This is absolutely disgusting. I'm disgusted and I hate every single one of you, every single miscreant that play in this horrid server, every single retard that replies Kami Sama's posts without sage, every single fan of this atrocious, revolting, insulting excuse for a "server".
>>
>>122916719
>kami sama
That sexy boi left
>>
>>122916719
I dunno how shit was back when you played, but NFA PVP these days is a brofest, I started on that server, got to a high level in no time at all by making tons of narcotics, built my base perimeter wall out of fucking thatch, and people just don't raid anything. Hell I only see like 8 people on tops, usually just a few including me. In fact, some awesome guy has repeatedly helped me tame stuff just for the hell of it. Also, as the motd specifically mentions: Kami is ded.
>>
>>122914573

if you hadnt scared off ole bob you wouldnt have to farm stone
>>
>>122922480
I miss bob
I miss Triton
I miss Irish
>>
File: ScreenShot_20151105_00002.jpg (464 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_20151105_00002.jpg
464 KB, 1600x900
>>122916719

IGN?
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00002.jpg (407 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00002.jpg
407 KB, 1680x1050
>>
>>122923660
burd feathers
>>
>224 never ever
>>
File: 2015-11-20_00004.jpg (159 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-20_00004.jpg
159 KB, 1600x900
>>122929876

you talkin about me?
>>
>>122930365
"Help me"
>>
>>122930528
>it's getting rammed in the cloaca on the other side of the wall
>>
>Noonish
>7:00PM
>11:00PM
>11:45PM
>Aight fuck it, we're clearly not ready for this shit
>>
>>122922642
I miss Suzu. And his golden box.
>>
>>122930812
suzu was a beast.
hope hes enjoying life wherever he is now.
>>
File: 2015-08-01_00002.jpg (326 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-01_00002.jpg
326 KB, 1680x1050
>>
>>122931135
>needing a sign to tell you that
>>
>>122931078
You know who I won't miss? Ney.
>>
File: 2015-08-04_00012.jpg (389 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-04_00012.jpg
389 KB, 1680x1050
>>
File: 2015-08-09_00008.jpg (256 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-09_00008.jpg
256 KB, 1680x1050
>>122931367
>>122930812
>>122922642

You know what I miss ???
>>
>>122931470
How do you make your own sign graphics?
>>
File: 2015-08-31_00007.jpg (473 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-31_00007.jpg
473 KB, 1680x1050
>>122931973
leftclick paintbrush on a board ,flag,canvas w/e
>>
File: 1437534494043.jpg (4 KB, 250x165) Image search: [Google]
1437534494043.jpg
4 KB, 250x165
>delayed patch
>>
>>122933026
>ETA December 19, 2016
>>
File: albino whisperer.jpg (9 KB, 350x268) Image search: [Google]
albino whisperer.jpg
9 KB, 350x268
>>122933249
I was wrong

its happening
>>
Who bronto waifu here ?
>>
>>122922480
Oi, I was farming stone before Bob was a twinkle in his father's eye.
>>
>>122934323
spelunking when
>>
>>122931973
Neat
>>
>>122934394
>Those days back when stoneminding meant running around a fucking beach and picking up a single stone at a time
Those guys who said Oceania was lazy were completely wrong. We were just sick of grinding like motherfuckers.
>>
>no oviraptor
>>
Where do I stick DinoCountMultiplier for single player? I'm putting it in game.ini under serversettings, but I dont think it's doing anything.
>>
>>122838316
Belladonna
>>
What's up with nfapvp right now? Update shenanigans?
>>
>>122940881
Probably
>>
>>122838316
Bougainvillea
Carnation
Poppy
Hyacinth
>>
>>122838316
Rafflesia
>>
Where the fuck do compy spawn? I thought they would be swarming all over the place.
>>
>>122898951
if you are on an unoffical server get your admin to wipe wild dinos. Trilobites take up shark and plesi spawns. We get a dino wipe every time a new dino is released and the ocean gets dangerous again. Lots more plesis.
>>
>No oviraptor

At least the sea mine looks fucking sick. It says it homes on to players too. Cant wait to try that out
>>
>>122943824
rip egg farming
>>
>>122931135
That's neuromancer s mountain home who are you
>>
Seeing on the patch notes that theyre saying people should run around getting their compy gangs, which I can only assume is the devs way of saying the game has the gang buff for compys now. Does this mean that the wolves have their pack buff too or is it just compys? I wish I could check it out but I have 6 more hours of work to go.
>>
>>122948223
Think it's just compy. They get a blue +X over their head where X is the number of compy around it.
>>
>>122910445
Come on Jak's teamspeak. I miss it too lad. Surprisingly a pretty cool bunch of anons in oceania.

85.236.109.219:10767
>>
>>122935031
Yikes... I thought I had forgotten the agony. Fuck that shit FOR REAL.
>>
rip thred
>>
>>122949763
Jak has a teamspeak? Why was'nt I told?
>>
>>122930812
How come he gets a fucking box
>>
Did they change the carnivore AI?
I see two Raptors wandering around, two Parasaurs right next to them, and they aren't attacking them at all.
>>
>>122958175
Yeah but i dont know what all they changed
>>
>>122956450
The teamspeak is populated by burd waifus singing love songs 24/7
>>
>>122964634
I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
Sentinal you gotta warn us about these shutdowns was flying over a bunch of crocs
>>
>>122966817
If the server rolls back again and I lose the Pteradon I just found after 2 days of it being missing, I will be fucking mad. I was doing all sorts of dangerous shit on it and only landed at my house a couple of minutes before that shutdown.
>>
>>122967369
>log in
>lvl 188 pter killed by a bug
>no bodybag at all
>on the other side of the map from my base
>>
tfw thinking about actually playing nfa pvp
>>
Is NFA PvE down? Its not showing up in my favorites list.
>>
>>122974085
Do it. I'll invite you to my tribe if you want, but you can solo pretty well on nfa PvP.
>>
>>122977540
how many active people? i solod all the way to 75 on an official once, and it sucked
was lonely and i never had someone to do quetz wrecking ball with
>>
>>122978095
I don't know the exact number, but it's relatively slow. Peak hours have 8 to 10 people.
Currently almost no one raids, but I'm silently preparing for war just in case.
>>
>>122978424
well ill take you up on that offer, im eating right now, but ill hop on when im done
any start is better than a fresh start
ill hit up global chat in like ~30
>>
>>122978656
I'm at work currently. I usually just keep up with the thread on my phone. I'm on every night though. I'll be on around 4pm EST. Post your character name in the thread and I'll come find you.
>>
File: 2015-11-21_00002.jpg (629 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_00002.jpg
629 KB, 1920x1080
i am ready for this tiny nightmare
>>
Hey Chung you ever abort that nigger baby?
>>
Just a warning, Im pretty sure Armaholic wanted to set up shop in NFA.
>>
>>122986376
Who? And I assume PvP because there's no need to warn anyone of anything on pve
>>
So I got my scuba gear today at along last and that shit is confi, but am I supposed to be able to see underwater like I see above land? Feels dodgey.
>>
>>122979371
i ended up watching a movie to pass the time
my ign is jazu
>>
>>122996446
Alright, updating now, it'd be faster, but Ark a shit, and even it's updating bugs the hell out.
>>
>>122998105
yea it downloads quick as fuck and then the actual update is slow, but i always thought that was because my drives are dying
>>
>>122998470
No, and god forbid you close steam while it preallocates because then it'll randomly delete 7.5 gigs of itself.

I have over 100 other games on steam and none of them have all these problems. I'm probably the only one not excited when this game updates, and often hope the server doesn't for awhile.
>>
>>122998703
im at like 90 18 cooking food and killing shit
>>
What a fucking incredible waste of time; I found a level 100 Spinosaur in a pit surrounded by rocks and spent like an hour taming it, only to find I can't get him out of the fucking rocks.
>>
>>122999979
Smash the rocks nigga
Or build a ramp
>>
>there are people who dont narc themselves out to pass the time
It's like you hate fun
>>
died of boredom waiting for humanity
i guess ill be on later /burd/

>>123002994
exactly what im about to do minus the drugs
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
468 KB, 1920x1080
>>123001446
Good idea, but when I tried to build anything on the rock, it wouldn't let me. I can't break them either, they're unbreakable.
>>
>>123003425
Shiet man idk
You could try boxing it so it glitches backwards a bit or something
Or put on a saddle and turn around?
Can you get a raft in there and glitch him on top of it?
>>
>>123003425
It wont let you place foundations or pillars anywhere?
>>
>>122981910
I let him starve
>>
>>123003901
I can get 1 pillar in the middle of the area where he's at, I can try maybe making a tall platform and trying to glitch him up onto it
>>
File: huzzah.jpg (478 KB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
huzzah.jpg
478 KB, 1919x1080
>>123003901
Holy shit, it fucking worked.
>>
>halfway done incubating an egg
>picked it up because it was too close
>accidentally hit use instead of drop trying to put it back down
welp
>>
>>123005196
f
>>
>>123005196
Quick! Stand in cold water and mash Z, you may still be able to salvage it!
>>
File: 1447119566620.png (351 KB, 512x525) Image search: [Google]
1447119566620.png
351 KB, 512x525
>>122917682
I've been here. I never left you my niggas. Pretty funny the copy pasta here is still the same :^)
Just busy irl .
>>
>>123008873
Kami come back sentinel gets my pters killed ill pay you in anglers
>>
>>123008873
Kami come back and spawn in more sets and weapons for my tribe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDbFGO1EuxQ
>>
How do i lure an Argentavis to my base?
>>
>>123016073
With a trail of bird seeds
>>
File: wrongneighborhood.png (3 MB, 1597x899) Image search: [Google]
wrongneighborhood.png
3 MB, 1597x899
>Flying around looking for Compys.
>Get D/C'd from server.
>Log back in to this.
>>
I was told that there is a group trying to build up on official server 42. Are you guys still doing that or did you quit?
>>
>>123019932
Autism group quit when they realised they couldn`t do shit
>>
>>123019356
So lucky highest level i found so far is 72 and ive been searching all day

Those fuckers are also a bitch to breed half the time the egg doesnt drop and they hold 4 meat during baby
>>
>>123020891
>tfw old Oceania is the best we'll ever get and most of us are sick of the game
>theyre useless anyways because theyre not autistic enough to spend money on cheating devices
>>
>>123019932
I quit official 42 after some douche raided my house and took EVERYTHING and killed all my dinosaurs. The gathering rates are so fucking abysmally low and it takes way, WAY too long to tame dinosaurs. Seriously why should anyone ever need to sit around for like 2-5 hours taming a dinosaur? That's outrageous. Kibble isn't a real solution either. Kibble is for people who already have enough dinosaurs to farm eggs, it doesn't help a new player at all. At least on an unofficial server, I can level up less painfully, and if I lose all my shit, I can get back on my feet in a reasonable amount of time. The only other alternative is to join a large tribe on an official server.
>>
File: CAM00256.jpg (952 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
CAM00256.jpg
952 KB, 2560x1920
Skydwellers are drunk and having some left beef.
>>
>>123023151
>half the time the egg doesnt drop
I was wondering why I didn't get an egg when I tried to breed them.
>>
Jak. Post burd butts. I need fap material
>>
File: tXoJA7f.jpg (113 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
tXoJA7f.jpg
113 KB, 475x500
>>123028867
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.