[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/JRPGG/ JRPG General: Post-Halloween edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135
File: 1335382403997.jpg (169 KB, 1034x900) Image search: [Google]
1335382403997.jpg
169 KB, 1034x900
If anyone has any old general images to use for the OP or if they were willing to make some new ones, that'd be great. I don't really have any more.

Welcome to JRPG General.

Personal suggestion list, use this to see what JRPGs interest you, or add/edit a write up to help other people.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AiGmz8hhX0GHdFA5QmlPbVM0TWx1SHYydHB4YWxTY3c

Current FAQ. Generally the simplest questions have answers in here, so check it out.
http://pastebin.com/TpptMfNaP

These may be a bit outdated but here we go.

What are you currently playing?
What are you interested in coming out (no matter the region)?
Are you interested in the grind or just blowing through the game?
Digimon Adventure game sequel: Yes or no?

Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter is finally out in English. Go ahead and play it. Give Ys vs Trails in the Sky a try as well (not in English though).

If you're still in the mood for some spooky JRPGs, here's a short list:
Koudelka
Parasite Eve
Shadow Hearts
Any more you can suggest?

There are no NA Thanksgiving JRPGs that I know of, sorry.

Recommendations for Christmas JRPGs for the future are welcome, as are JRPGs that let you dress up in Christmas outfits. This would include (presumably:
Tales games
Resonance of Fate
Kingdom Hearts II (Final Mix/2.5 versions only)
>>
As always to start things off:

Playing: Not much of anything but I was trying out Ys vs TitS. Seemed neat. Need some other suggestions beyond Ys 1 and Dragon Quest IX. Also help me work up the nerve to start Days so I continue this stat maxing path.
Interested in: Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Youkai Watch, Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel, maybe whatever that Atelier Plus that's coming out is, Summon Night 5.
Grind or blow through: Take a guess.
Digimon Sequel: Yes, more Prope (sp?) JRPGs please.
>>
Does the Youkai Watch demo have a set number of uses (30,15,5?) to it? Also how long is it?
>>
File: SO5_Fami-shot_04-17-15_018.jpg (59 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SO5_Fami-shot_04-17-15_018.jpg
59 KB, 640x360
JRPG is truly a dying breed. Thanks for making the thread btw.

Was wondering if Tales of Zest is actually fun and not as bad as others say? Like does one female cast leaving effect the game at all? Is the combat good? I haven't seen any of the combat but what is it more like ToG or like ToHR,where it's spammy as fuck I actually like Tales of Hearts R's combat
>>
>>120938532
You're welcome, I'm sorry they seem to have died out and I'll continue to do so if there's still people returning to them (unless someone else can pick up the slack because I can't be on all the time to do it).

That picture has a severe lack of giant sized shades, Sorey, not really feeling it.
>>
I'm interested in getting into Trails in the Sky now that the first game is on sale. Just wondering whether the Steam or GoG release is more stable/better supported? I'd rather get it on GoG all else being equal, but willing to use Steam if it would work better.

There are forum posts on both sites reporting major bugs both before and after a recent patch, so I really have no idea. Would I be better off with the PSP version? I don't have a PSP, but I'll have to get a Vita for SaGa Scarlet Grace anyway, so I could just get it a bit earlier.
>>
>>120940435
How important is it to you to play right now? If it's right away and you think there's bugs, maybe go for the PSP version. If you can wait, maybe go for the PC version. This also depends a little bit on what system you plan on getting SC on; do you care about the minor save bonus? If so whatever system you want SC on get it on that for FC too.
>>
I think /vg/ is too fast for these threads to survive anymore

there's always pity bumping, spam and/or shitposting but between that and the threads not existing at all I'd pick the latter
>>
What should my next adventure be, /jrpgg/?
Choices are Saga Frontier 2, Grandia 1, Breath of Fire 3 or FFV
>>
>>120942218
I don't mind waiting to play it; FC's been out a long time anyway. But I'd rather buy it while it's on sale. Overall I'd rather have it for PC, especially since it's Falcom, but console games always work unless something goes really disastrously wrong.

And, well, I say I don't mind waiting, but really I have been jonesing for a cozy turn based RPG lately, so it would be nice to be able to play right away.
>>
>>120944192
Since the others are PS1 games, I'm guessing it's the PS1 version of FF5? Definitely not that one. SaGa Frontier 2 is a really cool game, but if it's adventure you want, go with Grandia.
>>
File: TLoL-JP-Box-Art-Reveal.jpg (241 KB, 1000x894) Image search: [Google]
TLoL-JP-Box-Art-Reveal.jpg
241 KB, 1000x894
So, how's this game?
>>
>>120938532
It's not even that it is a dying breed, it's just that most of the more popular JRPGs have their general already, which makes here a place to discuss the minor ones + DQ + Falcom games.
>>
So Im playing TitS 1. I am in a mine, getting rid of some monsters. Is there any good tips for a new player? Should I focus on a certain materia (i forget what they're called in this game)
It's pretty fun so far, monfy music as hell
>>
>>120951651
It's OK. Good battle system, but individual encounters range from brutally difficult (three of an enemy almost strong enough to be a sub-boss by itself, with an actual boss behind them) to pathetically easy (a single enemy who debuted several areas ago). That combined with the fact that running away bounces you back to the entrance of the area makes the game either very grindy or luck-based... which come out to basically the same thing, as you'll be retreading the same areas and fighting the same enemies many times either way. Story is sparse, and doesn't change much depending on which character you play. Music is good, graphics remind me a lot of Bravely Default, but I think the animation is a little smoother.

It's clearly trying really hard to be like Romancing SaGa, but it's less good in a lot of little ways that add up. SaGa happens to be my favorite RPG series, and I'm enjoying Legend of Legacy a lot, but someone who doesn't like SaGa probably wouldn't get much out of it. The demo is representative of the full game, and you can transfer saves from it, so give that a shot.

Also, the limited edition is pretty sweet. Nice big box and hardcover artbook. I don't mind the Atlus tax when it's paying for stuff like that.
>>
>>120944192
Grandia 1.
I haven't played any of these, but Grandia seems to be the most charming.
>>
>>120936309
Finished Disgaea 5 today, started postgame.
Ending was everything I wanted it to be.
The grind is real, but I'm having lots of fun with the postgame, where like, 15 things unlocked at the same time as soon as I started, and a billion new sidequests with them.
>>
File: Gustave_+_Leslie.jpg (52 KB, 561x480) Image search: [Google]
Gustave_+_Leslie.jpg
52 KB, 561x480
>>120944192
They're all pretty long games IIRC.

SaGa Frontier 2 is very disconnected but if you can stick to it, and piece the story together (quite literally, mind you), it's got a very cool story to tell. Great characters, Gustave and Wil in particular, Also unlike other SaGa games, don't be afraid to grind your ass out at every given chance. You'll change parties often, but items and skills stick, and the game has some VERY HARD bosses, and one of the toughest final boss fights in turn-based games, and since in many points of the game grinding can be difficult, do it when you can.

Grandia is pretty great, good story, great characters. Very linear (I think there's just 1 or 2 optional dungeons), but lots of content, and people in the towns have lots of dialogue (I strongly suggest talking to every NPC until they run out of things to say). Battle system is cool, but it's easy to grind too much and make the game a breeze. A friend of mine played it in runes on the Saturn back in the day, I was so glad when it got localized you have no idea.

Breath of Fire 3 is pretty good, cool story, great characters, interesting dungeons. Maybe it's a bit slow to play for today's standards. It's also pretty long IIRC. Party can be customized with masters, and the game is challenging while having no postgame stuff or secret bosses (not that I recall, at least). I got to it after playing 1 and 2 to death on the SNES tho, so I was really invested in the series when I did, some people might not be able to stick to it as much.

For FFV, I have little direct experience, but it's the FF game that started the trend of being able to REALLY break the game with absurd combos of things that reason rules shouldn't work together, but in fact do. It's also a good twist on the classic story of the elemental crystals, with manly men and manly women. Plus you can make your dream harem party of princesses.

Overall, Grandia, BoF3 and FFV are RPG classics. SaGa Frontier 2 is a very unique game.
>>
It took me a while to figure it out, but AT2 battle mechanics is pretty fun once you get the hang of it.
The only thing that I haven't understood yet is the super moves. Is it only avaiable when the purple part of the emotion indicator reaches the extreme of it?
>>
>All of sudden Phase 2
So it's not like AT1 where each phase is a separate conflict.
>>
File: rikka gillar detta.jpg (106 KB, 828x796) Image search: [Google]
rikka gillar detta.jpg
106 KB, 828x796
Just ordered Shining Resonance on sale. I hope it's good.
>>
Is there a Legend of Legacy general, or are people discussing it here?

Ive been playing it for 20 hours and I'm liking it.
>>
>AT2 keeps freezing on Luca's Cosmophere Lv4 intro.
I guess I gotta burn another DVD and hope that it works.
>>
>>120968812
>Is there a Legend of Legacy general
There isn't even a SaGa general.
>or are people discussing it here?
Whenever it's not dead, yes.
>>
>>120971427
what I wanted to know is around how strong you got to get to kill the giants.

Also this game is my first experience with games like these, I am liking it though, any other game suggestions like it ?
>>
Survival bump.
>>
>>120980382
Thanks.
>>120943484
There's been some decent discussion actually in some of the threads once they get up to speed, it's just hard for them to start it seems. So I try to inject some discussion right from the start. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

>>120951651
My friend actually got this so I'm curious about it too, it never sounded like the game for them, but, well, I've turned them into a JRPG getter it seems (especially on Vita of all things).

>>120953170
How is it that DQ and Falcom don't have generals, sheesh?

>>120954458
Yeah I really don't think this'll be the game for my friend then, I can't imagine them putting up with a grind. Do you actually level or do you just level skills/stats?

>>120957040
Neat, don't let it overwhelm you though.
>>
>>120985095
DQ I can understand, and I guess Vita gen kinda serves as a Falcom/Gust general, or at least from what I see from their OP image.
>>
>>120986152
DQ I can't, there's so many games and they even had that game that just came out in NA/Europe. Plus they could talk about the upcoming Monsters game and that Builders game.

I'm not saying that discussion of those games should be relegated to just a general focused on it (far from it), it just seems like a big enough series that it'd have a general.

Falcom games seemed to be getting popular enough that I thought they'd have a general too, especially now with TitS Second Chapter out.
>>
Maybe if this thread survives 1 whole day more people will come here.
>>
66% sale on Conception 2. What's /jrpgg/'s opinion on it?
>>
>>120993670
Isn't that the one that MC impregnates the love interests or at least implies so?
>>
>>120994286
Yes.
>>
>>120993670
>>120994286
It's gotta be better than Conception 1: Please Have My Baby, kicked off by the MC's cousin (sister?) saying she's pregnant and he's the father, right?

Star Children in combat seems like a neat idea, but I feel like the game probably rides on its making babies gimmick more than the gameplay; am I correct in assuming this?
>>
>>120969779
Phew, burning a new disc with the beta v2 of the retranslation worked.
>>
>>120994710
>kicked off by the MC's cousin (sister?) saying she's pregnant and he's the father, right

That sounds like a great start to me.
>>
>>120993670
The game is ok. The game is a bit on the easy side until close to the end when it spikes up. The waifus are ok. The soundtrack is a bit hit and miss but I ended up liking most of the songs. Probably the most interesting aspect of the game is the Star children themselves. There's about 15 classes you can choose and each has their strengths and weaknesses. There's really isn't a best class. All in all, the game I believe is a solid 7/10. 20 bucks is an alright price for it.

>>120994710
I think it was his cousin. Star Children are actually less gimmicky and more often than not useful.
>>
>>120994870
They probably just end up saying she wasn't really pregnant or he's not the father because that's how these things always go, so even if you're into that you're just being teased, so it's not much of a good start to me either way. I don't know if that's the case, but eh, it's kind of dumb to me.

>>120995090
See yeah to me that is the interesting part, that it offers so many job classes, but if it isn't done well/in an interesting way then it's just wrapped up in the gimmick that they are your babies, which could only be interesting for a short time.
>>
>>120938532
Its the first Tales game ive ever played but i enjoyed it. characters are quirky, story isnt bad, and I was actually happy when that character left.

it has its share of problems, the biggest being your party's AI, which doesnt defend or try to evade attacks. be ready for your party to die a lot if youre on a higher difficulty.

the camera is also pretty bad.

combat can be fun but for me it took some time to adjust to it. a few abilities you get later on make it much easier to enjoy.

I've invested over 100 hours in it so far, and if you can overlook those flaws i think you'll enjoy it.

i dont know how it compares to other tales games, but i found spamming to be extremely detrimental as with lower energy you are more open and take more damage. i'd imagine on easy or normal you could spam effectively if you wanted, though.

hope this helps.
>>
>>120993670
There is a demo, it should dissuade you from buying it.
>>
>>120995090
>20 bucks is an alright price for it

It's $10 right now. Well it's that, Senran Kagura, or RF4 since I'm not someone to buy a lot of games at once.
>>
>>120995662
Go for Senran Kagura, unless you want something that should last a long time, in which case go for RF4 because people here told me exactly that.
>>
>>120995587
You should try Abyss, Vesperia or Symphonia, which are the ones that people seem to be most found of.
>>
>>120995662
About Rune Factory 4, you should try the other ones first, because it seems that it's kinda hard to go back to them after you get used to the newer ones.
>>
>>120997945
I played RF3 until marrying this qt. Couldn't get into RF2 or 1. Is it that different?
>>
>>120998290
It's just that each RF they tweak and add some things that makes farming more pratical, so when you get used to farm in the newer ones and try to do the same on the older you end up feeling that it's not as pratical.

I haven't played 4, but I played 3 and when I tried 1 and 2 I really couldn't get into because of the reasons I said.
Only recently, after a really long time since I played RF3 that I am playing RF2 without feeling the difference by much.
What helps in RF3 is also the fact that most of the girls are interesting in some way, unlike RF2 so ar for me, where I'm thinking of marrying the leftovers girl out of pity.
>>
File: A14_Original_Soundtrack.jpg (305 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
A14_Original_Soundtrack.jpg
305 KB, 800x800
Maybe fi I post waifus this thread will get more lively.

Christmas cake Ayesha in Atelier Sofie when?
>>
Is Lailah an important character in Tales of Zestiria?
>>
>>120951651
How do I find the motivation to be a bum and try to finish Trails in the Sky FC? Most of the time I play vidya is when I have absolutely nothing else to do and my game time has increasingly been eaten up by SRPGs.

>>120953627
Once you have enough Time quartz, stick them on Joshua and murder everything with White Gehanna. You can experiment more with Estelle since her orbment has fewer restrictions, but most of my setups have been more Water-oriented.

>>120957040
The only NIS game I've played is Soul Nomad & The World Eaters. I've been curious about Disgaea for a while, so should I start at the beginning or is there a recommended play order?
>>
>>121006575
misattributed one link, sorry
>>
>>121006575
Start with Asagi's game, then La Pucelle, then Disgaea 1.
>>
>>120973705
>any other game suggestions like it ?
Romancing Saga
Saga Frontier
Last Remnant
>>
Are there any ps4 games yet?
>>
Is this where /ddg/ went to die?
>>
Anyone looking forward to this?
>>
>>121018394
I want to get the game but maybe during a sale. Speaking of lower prices, why the fuck is FE:A still 40 bucks after almost 2-3 years?
>>
>>121018593
I'd like to know if Hilda ends up being on your side at some point. I'd pay 50$ for the limited edition for that.
>>
Miyu Matsuki is dead.
Roles she played for games:
Akai Ito as Kei Hatō
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm as Iris Fortner
Castlevania Judgment as Maria Renard
Elsword as Ariel
Final Approachas Akane Mizuhara
Grand Chase as Arme Glenstid
Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ The First Summer Story as Kakeno Mine
Melty Blood as Hisui and MECH-Hisui
Musashi: Samurai Legend as Licotta
Mai-HiME: Unmei no Keitouju as Sakuya Amakawa
Sentimental Prelude as Saori Shinohara
Strawberry Panic! as Hikari Konohana
Power DoLLS 1 as Azusa Yumi (operator)
Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 as Minaki Tōmine
Super Robot Wars UX (Shouko Hazama)
Tales of Zestiria (Lailah)
True Love Story -Summer Days, and yet... as Yuiko Shinosaka
Claire Rieveldt from Sen no Kiseki.

Feel free to add more to the list.
>>
>>121020726
Sad man.
>>
My copy of 7th Dragon VFD finally came in, and I've been racking up the hours. I'm really enjoying it so far. Classes all feel unique, and picking out skills to synergize with the rest of the team is fun. Wish they'd go back to the original's party size of 4 though, 3 makes gimmick teams hard to build. The game has also been too damn easy. Random encounters are just press R to auto battle, and dragons get nuked down too quickly with godhand counters. Infinite regen from the fortuners too. Only challenge so far has been trying to run a duelist in the party against dragons, and that's only because of the rng involved in their card draws. It's really satisfying assembling all 3 pieces of not-exodia though.

Haven't gotten far enough to unlock dates yet, excited to see how far my characters can go with each other.

I'll probably try building a react party for postgame, it was always my favourite mechanic since the first game. Maybe a suicide squad of rune knights and the samurai's revenge passive.

Overall I'm really satisfied with this. Shame that this series will never see western releases. At least the original got an english patch.
>>
File: saad maan.jpg (27 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
saad maan.jpg
27 KB, 599x400
>>121020726
I'm gonna miss her
>>121018394
Is this that shit Onso kept posting about?
>>
https://youtu.be/BAtC1SzWSXg
https://youtu.be/-rNCbEtB1YU
https://youtu.be/nsTtNhNyA_o
https://youtu.be/-GylWnCKKS8
>>
File: 60.jpg (116 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
116 KB, 400x240
>>121021490
If you feel the challenge is too low, I suggest you stop using Rune Knights at all, they are extremely broken at every stage of the game and only get more broken as time goes on.
>>
>>121023843
I've heard that they trivialized the game, but I haven't seen it for myself. I only just recently made one, so I don't know how high up their skills scale once you start leveling them, or which skills are best. Is brave sword what will put out the biggest numbers?
>>
>>121025003
Brave Sword is the #1 game-breaking skill, yes. They would still be a very strong class even without it, though. 3 RK party is probably the fastest and easiest way to beat all main game bosses.

If I was replaying it I would do it without using one, since as soon as I swapped my Duelist with a Rune Knight in my main party that was the end of any challenge. Since it's not a hard game it's probably more fun to use lower-tier classes like Duelist and Agent, luck based as they are.
>>
File: 1442808635246.gif (2 MB, 280x250) Image search: [Google]
1442808635246.gif
2 MB, 280x250
>Page 10
Ded. Stop trying to bring the dead back alive, is not healthy
>>
File: se.jpg (38 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
se.jpg
38 KB, 510x383
>jrpgg

Wait what you're still alive
>>
>>121030616
i think it's cute that we keep trying
>>
>>121030616
Hatsuu's eye is so creepy man
>>
File: stopatonce.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
stopatonce.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>121030848
>>
File: xseeddudette.jpg (50 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
xseeddudette.jpg
50 KB, 720x960
>>121030848
What do you mean?
>>
>>121030616
>>121030693
You guys have the worst faith in this place.

>>121021490
Woah, when did that patch come out?

>>121018593
Nintendo tax?
>>
>>121018593
Because it's a Nintendo game.
>>
Buuuump
>>
Oh man, is Stranger of Sword City really coming out on Europe?
>>
>>121004249
Yeah, shes extremely important.

>>120997817
I'll probably try Symphonia, I get it for free when it comes out on steam because of Zestiria's preorder thing.
>>
The funniest thing is that after so many years asking for TitS, this thread became the place where people discuss it the least.
I would play it if I had a decent computer right now.
>>
I thought this gen was dead?
>>
>>121044623
>A game from 2004 requires a decent computer to run

wut
>>
>>121044816
My PC broke recently, so I'm using a shit ass toaster.
>>
>>121044717
We are trying to keep it alive though.
>>
>>120985095
>Neat, don't let it overwhelm you though.
No risk really. I unlocked carnage dimension today and now I have access to money map which are currently my best way to to grind subclasses (some nice guy put online a REALLY well thought one for that).
Man the plot in the postgame is full of twists. At this point, I feel that this whole game is a giant ruse where they make you think it's about rage and revenge when it's really about forgiveness and trying to be happy.
And I love it.
Anyway I just discovered a whole new universe of items to grind. And I barely even touched the IW. I have to say tho, mechanically speaking, D5 so far seems to be hands down the best game in the series. It's even balanced slightly better than usual, strength comes together pretty gradually, and so do challenges (except Baal that is unlocked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before it's doable).

Anyway regarding JRPGs discussion, most of them seems to be on /v/. For example they had lots of threads about NieR 2, and while I never find anyone discussing D5 on /vg/, and even an attempted NiS general around release didn't last long, the discussion there are healthy (of course they die kinda quickly because /v/ is faster, but they also hit bump limit at times).
>>
For Disgaea 5, I'm reading everywhere about Sages. Assuming they're important for becoming stronger. Why is that? How do I get one? I'm completely unfamiliar with this and Disgaea in general
>>
>>120995587
I never read the OP.
Playing ToZ, phantasy star 4, ffxii: zodiac job edition

interested in kh3, ffxv. havent been watching much to know whats coming out besides these two.

I love the grind.

Yes to digimon. Always yes to digimon.
>>
>>121048858
Sages are unlocked with a quest, like most classes. If you don't have the quest, you're just not at the right chapter yet. They're mostly important for endgame stuff, anyway, they're pretty good generics.
The important things they have are:
A)An evility that does 10% more damage for every target in they AoEs.
B)A buff they can cast exclusively to adiacent units that makes them attack twice for 2 turns
C)An unique spell that does shit base damage, but targets everyone else on the map, with 50% accuracy. This is good for the bonus gauge, and when you can oneshot enemies with it, it's good for farming since 3-4 of these (which, with the buff above, and/or a maid giving you an extra action, or the two-headed dragons evility, can very well happen in a single turn) generally get a hit on anything on the map.

TL;DR: they make endgame grind faster and they're good generics.
>>
>>121050094
Oh I see, that makes sense. I should try to get one
>>
Man, AT2's battle system is pretty fun, but the battles are so short right now that I can't even test all the new shit they keep throwing at me.
>>
>TitS: SC didn't sell even 5k on Steam

XSEED is killing itself isn't it?
>>
>>121058337
Well, that's the fate of the more unknown JRPGs titles, which is a shame really.
>>
>>121059362
The first one sold more than 100k.
The new Neptunia is already at 10k.
>>
>>121058337
It's 1-2 months away until the next huge Steam sale, a lot of people are probably waiting for that. How many copies did FC sell at release?
>>
>>121059760
15k in one week.
>>
>>121059908
It's been 3 days and there's been zero publicity around this release. Wait a few more days, let steamspy gather its data, let some internet personalities do their playthroughs. Then we'll see.
>>
>>121058337
They took too long, all the hype wore out.
>>
File: 2015-10-30_00002.jpg (422 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-30_00002.jpg
422 KB, 1440x900
>>121058337
>>121059362
>>121059460
>>121059760
>>121059908
>>121060421

I feel like announcing its release date only six days ahead of the actual release didn't help much.

And no FAQs means I'm going to have to start the entire first chapter again because of side quests.
>>
>>121062671
>I feel like announcing its release date only six days ahead of the actual release didn't help much.
Why did they do this anyway?
>>
>>121062834
They always do it for their Steam releases, it's really annoying but my guess is that they push it out as fast as possible after it's done.
>>
File: spchlss.gif (3 MB, 198x150) Image search: [Google]
spchlss.gif
3 MB, 198x150
>>121062834
>>
Help me decide. Tears to Tiara 2, Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters or Tales of Xillia 2?
>>
>>121068729
Never heard of Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters, but it looks pretty cool from the images on Google.
It seems to be more like VN though.
>>
>>121070360
I've been keeping an eye on it for a few months and it's on sale right now. I like the graphics and the adventure game style, and it has a SRPG battle system, but so does Tears to Tiara 2.
>>
>>121070584
Oh, I almost forgot to buy that in the sale. I'm almost in the same situation, been eyeing it, but I already have Xillia 2 and Tears to Tiara 2.
>>
>>121073798
Is ToX2 actually any different from the first one?
>>
>>121074047
From what I know, you have to play as the main character, or at least have to have him in the main party.
Besides that, 2 "new" party members and new enemies, a lot of the stuff is reused from the last game.
>>
why is Renne such bullshit
>>
>>121074047
Xillia 2's story focuses on choice, although the choices made don't affect the story much except in one of two places. The choices mostly build affection between the MC and the cast. But the story is a next in the right direction since it's different compared to other Tales. The battle system has change I say for the better since you can actually combo bosses and play around with moves a bit more. The soundtrack is a bit better than other Tales since Sakuraba experiments a bit more instead of the generic Tales music the series suffers from. Assets are reused, mostly the areas you go to but it isn't a big issue since it's only a year after the first game. I didn't expect a lot of change.
>>
Finally bought tits 1
this better not be shit
>>
>>121081507
I hope you like reading.
>>
>>121081560
I do
>>
Man, doing the Cloche's Infelsphere lvl 3 in AT2 made me realize how funny and sad will be if I choose to pick Mir at the end.
>>
>>121081719
I got all these jrpgs to finish and I still start up new ones. Damn it.
>>
Guys, how do we save jrpgs?
>>
File: 14379086595419.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14379086595419.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>insisting on keeping this zombie alive
>>
>>121086812
Anon, how do we save JRPGs?
>>
>>121086802
Stop trying to do new shit every fucking installment, for starters. Maybe introduce a single change to give the game its own flavor, but keep the core mechanics intact and as they've always been.

There's absolutely no point in fixing what isn't broken.
>>
Anon, just finished Valkyria chronicles, and that was good game - that was first jRPG I played, and someone can say other game like this in art style and story-telling? Dont want to go into Tales of *** or Final fantasy, just something what happend in world looking like ours
Thanks
>>
>>121089215
What kind of JRPG you want? Action RPG or turn based?
If you want action, you should try The World ends with you.
If you want turn based you can try Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne or Strange Journey, even though they are kinda harder than the conventional JRPGs.
These are the ones that are more modern-themed that I can think of now.
>>
Man, AT2 is pretty funny sometimes

> Cloche: "I am your lover"
I wonder if I will feel bad about her when I choose Mir's ending.
>>
>>121089215
Shin Megam Tensei games (as well as most of Atlus' RPGs in general) are good, but hard. Persona is a good "entry-level" for Atlus games as it's generally easier and still enjoyable. People will likely give me shit for saying this, but start with Persona 4 and work your way backwards, as the games got easier over time and they're only loosely connected.

The World Ends With You is an excellent JRPG as well, but don't emulate it. If you still have a DS, put it on a flashcart and play it that way. If you live in burgerland, you can also usually find a copy or 3 at any GameStop, and they go for about 20~25 Burgerbux. It is completely worth that pricetag.
>>
>>121087010
When I think about what happened to JRPGs, my thoughts tend to turn to the event that the apocalyptic Jewish groups were looking for around 2000 years ago. Their entire way of life disappeared in the span of a hundred years or so. Things got so bad for them that they thought that there had to be some kind of a turn around, someone to crush Rome and take back their land to make things right again. Some sold off their belongings and went out into the desert because they were sure that God would soon destroy Rome and re-institute the world order they had known before, but it never happened. They just simply disappeared into history. By the time Rome disappeared and degenerated into the petty fiefdoms of the middle ages, they were already gone and would've been dominated by the Umayyads anyway.

You know where I'm going with this as it relates to JRPGs right? It means they're gone. There will be no turn around, no magical event that will turn around the Japanese market. Japanese society as a whole is collapsing slowly. No social experiment or political trick will make them start having kids again and no marketing trick will fool the ones who are left now into buying console JRPGs for their children instead of phone games. The companies--the developers, the people--whose games you played as a child are like stars in the night sky blinking out as the world ends.
>>
File: 1414320869472.gif (834 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
1414320869472.gif
834 KB, 440x248
>playing in tits sc
>it's much faster than the first one but still kinda slow in the beginning
>suddenly motherfucking Orgueille
>suddenly the beginning of chapter 4
holy shit this game is much better than i expected so far
>>
>>121089215
Shin Megami Tensei. It's my favorite. Modern sci-fi fantasy; demons invade modern day Tokyo and the world ends, and it's up to you to decide the fate of the next world. Don't listen to >>121091594; hop in with the mainline (either 3 or 4; the first two are really hard if you're new to dungeon crawlers) and move out from there.
>>
>>121044717
There's like a million drive-by posts of this every time there's a general now, thanks.

>>121044623
Yeah, I was surprised there wasn't anyone else making a topic for it.

>>121041810
I figured so, especially after I looked up the character design. I guess that means no sequel then, eh? I mean there probably wasn't a plan for one anyway but I guess that would make things awkward. Maybe they won't use her in cameos in the future either.

>>121045167
I'll be honest, I figured when I got back later today that I'd have to make another general because it wouldn't last. I'm glad it actually did make it a day like that one anon said.

>>121048912
>The one other person that responded to Digimon
Thank you.

>>121087010
We pull a Dragon Quest maybe?
>>121087102
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1446134499736.png (413 KB, 524x578) Image search: [Google]
1446134499736.png
413 KB, 524x578
>Nier Automata will have a "happy" ending.
You know what that means.
>>
>>121101517
That someone gonna die, right?
>>
File: 7dkp.jpg (49 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
7dkp.jpg
49 KB, 450x450
Lady Knights and princesses
>>
>>121102202
Want lady knights and princes and/or lady knights and princes as princesses instead please.
>>
>>121102202
>Not Princess-Knights.
Few things beat the idea of a beautiful woman in full plate that commands her own life on and off the battlefield.
>>
>>121102015
everybody probably
either all humans die
or the aliens turn out to be cool and then all die
>>
>>121102793
Or someone with his/her earnest feelings is get going to be erased from existence.
>>
So how are the sales for TiTS SC? I don't see it in steam top sellers, is xseed kill now?
>>
>>121103723

>>121058337
>>121060421

Read the thread please.
>>
>>121103723
Apparently, the sales aren't going very well.
It could be because it was announced out of sudden or because people are waiting for the next steam sale.
>>
>>121062671
>And no FAQs means I'm going to have to start the entire first chapter again because of side quests.

I really want to play further than the prologue, but fuck getting to the end of the game and realizing I missed a few bracer points

bought it now anyway to help stave of xseed employee suicide
>>
File: 1425607190443.png (1 MB, 1434x1011) Image search: [Google]
1425607190443.png
1 MB, 1434x1011
>>121102202
>not posting best princess

I want mota back. Shirow is good, but mota is cuter.
>>
File: Arianna-EO2U.jpg (140 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Arianna-EO2U.jpg
140 KB, 1200x675
>>121105280
That's still the wrong one, anon.
>>
>>121106497
Arianna isn't even the cutest princess in her series. Until EOU2, I had never thought of anyone that the term "Moeblob" applied to.
>>
AT's phase 2 is really strange, I feel that I spent more time doing stories and playing minigames than anything else.

Well, at least I'm phase 3 now and got Jacli, let's see what's so good about her.
>>
>>121109067
>I feel that I spent more time doing stories and playing minigames than anything else
My biggest issue with AT2 was the pacing. For every dungeon you'd do, you'd have 40 shop events, a bunch of synthesis, and cosmospheres backed up. The series has always been more focused on the story side over gameplay, but it felt overwhelming at times in AT2.
>Jacli
Are you not using the relocalization patch?
>>
>>121114423
He probably isn't.
>>
>>121062834
That is what XSEED always does? They didn't advertise that much when they put out FC on the psp for NA either all those years ago.
>>
>>121105280
I don't know who this is, but she's cute.
>>
>>121063359
>>121062834
Pretty much that. Consider the timing. It took them forever to finally finish the game and have it in a release state, and it's right at the start of the holiday season. They had to either get it out now and only try to compete with a few game releases, or they'd be releasing it in the middle of the holiday flood and getting it buried by sales (which happened to FC). If they waited it out, they'd be sitting on it until January or February with no revenue coming until then.
>>
File: EstelleHasBigPenis.jpg (244 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
EstelleHasBigPenis.jpg
244 KB, 1600x900
Estelle will rape everyone with her large dick.
>>
File: toesaka.png (249 KB, 456x394) Image search: [Google]
toesaka.png
249 KB, 456x394
>>121119084
Don't trigger me, anon.
>>
>>121119606
Don't get bent out of shape.
>>
>>121103723
Considering Xseed's budget is basically nuts and berries. 5k sales isn't too bad considering it's going full price, I'd estimate they make at least 10 dollars a sale.
>>
>>121119606
Where does this triggered meme even come from? Devil May Cry's devil trigger?
>>
>>121103723
It's selling okay on GOG. Don't know about PSN.
>>
File: 1446509213035.jpg (248 KB, 730x900) Image search: [Google]
1446509213035.jpg
248 KB, 730x900
>Longass tunic
>Fringed cowboy pants
>Crocs
How can Caim make such uncool things seem so cool when used together? It must be the cape.
>>
>>121123580
I like to imagine some dork who really loves Drakengard went out and bought a tunic and cowboy pants and decided to wear that for the rest of his life so he too can be Caim
>>
File: 1382492726460.gif (223 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1382492726460.gif
223 KB, 450x338
>>121123580
>Crocs
Oh my lord, I can't unsee it.

But can he make belts and zippers non-ironically cool?
>>
File: lavitz.jpg (104 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
lavitz.jpg
104 KB, 450x495
>>
Is there any possibility to break trough sealed levels in Persona 3, without waiting for the full moon?
>>
What was the name of the guy who filled chapter 3 of Trails FC with reverse meanings and nonsense again?
>>
>>121127187
No, it's a plot wall.
>>
>>121127187
No. The game's scripted so that you can't get to specific areas without fighting the full moon boss.

It makes the NG+ really irritating (especially on P3P) since you usually finish up everything in the first day or two, then you have something like 28 days to fuck around and do nothing of importance.
>>
File: 1406340110136.png (1 MB, 1604x2950) Image search: [Google]
1406340110136.png
1 MB, 1604x2950
>>121127187
Just grind, work on your social links and stats, or just relax. Persona 3 is specifically made so that any retard can beat it without trying.
>>
>>121128562
>>121127540
>>121127520
Thanks. I asked, because I just made 90 level and already survived 8 full moons. I worried will I manage to beat Tartarus. Sorry for my english, btw.
>>
>>120958396
>but it's the FF game that started the trend of being able to REALLY break the game with absurd combos of things that reason rules shouldn't work together, but in fact do
That's FF2. FF5 has pretty broken stuff in it, but it's not as numerous as it is in most FFs and it requires a lot more effort and foreknowledge to break the game than it does to break any FF after 5.
>>
File: 1444482334785.jpg (72 KB, 320x358) Image search: [Google]
1444482334785.jpg
72 KB, 320x358
>>121123807
Praise Caim.
>>
>>121129550
FF2 has broken mechanics, not broken combos. Stuff works more or less as intended in FF2 except you can grind to have absurd stats and skill levels. FFV, FFVI, FFVII, let you mix and match stuff you get from different sources to combo into absurd stuff.
>>
File: which one.png (1 MB, 820x1800) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
1 MB, 820x1800
>>
>>121136456
Tales of Xillia 1 isn't on that list.
>>
So, guys, I want to try Star Ocean, because I heard that there is a bunch of greatly developed characters. Which part of the series would you recommend? I'd prefer the third one, because of graphics, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>121136456
I just beated Zestiria, the gameplay was ok, but plot and characters were so immature and stupid. Which one of the games of the series has not such a problem (PS2 only please)?
>>
>>121114423
I am, but I got used to write like that.
>>
>>121138327
Vesperia I guess. It isn't that much mature, but at least it's enjoyable.
Also, Abyss messes around with the main party relationship in a kinda interesting manner.
>>
>tfw no crpg gen or rpg overall gen
;_;
>>
>>121138327
Abyss is good, but you DO have to put up with Luke being an insufferable jackass for the first third of the game. After that, you have to deal with everyone ELSE being a jackass for a third of the game while Luke gets his shit together.

Overall, most of the characters and the plot is decent enough that you should at least find it enjoyable.

The only other PS2 Tales game I know of is Zesteria, and I've not played it.
>>
>>121136456
The answer is Legendia becauswe the troll reasoning is that it's not a rerelase/port. (Xillia 2 would be 'an upgrade' of Xillia, Zestiria is a PS3 port to PS4, the others are obvious.)
>>
>>121136456
It's Tales of Eternia, however, you are missing Tales of the Tempest from there which is disappointing.
>>
>All that discussion of TitS SC sales in /v/
I wish xseeddude came back here, it would be easier to ask her than speculating if the sales were shit or not.
>>
>>121143574
I don't think you would get an entirely honest answer yet, and that's not a knock against her. If it's not doing well I just don't think it would be good PR to say that only a few days after it's been released. You'd get some spin on it. Now if a month or two pass you'd get a more honest answer probably.

I wish she came back too, she had some interesting insight and it's a shame we don't have that now.
>>
>>121143762
Fucking stalkers man.
>>
>>121143762
Hopefully it goes 30 percent off so those spic countries will buy it.
>>
File: zestiriR.png (741 KB, 634x800) Image search: [Google]
zestiriR.png
741 KB, 634x800
>>121136862
>>121138327
>>121142549
this
>>121140514
is correct, but I am not a troll

It's a funny jork from before Zesty PS4 was announced
>>
>>121143986
It's not like she was posting here before anyway.
>>
>>121143762
I've even stopped posting her photos in hopes that she'll come back some day.
>>
>>121145280
I think they mean (I wasn't around when she stopped coming) that stalkers made her leave, not that we're stalkers.

>>121145462
Eh...

It would have been neat for her to be here to talk about SC though, I imagine she and the rest of the company would be really glad to finally have it out.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (77 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
77 KB, 800x597
Well played, XSEED.
>>
>>121138069
I believe the Star Ocean series is a good series. Although I only played 3 and 4 but I'm playing 3 right now. I have heard that 2 remake is the best in the series. I don't much of 1 expect it's has a remake for the PSP, like 2. 3 has a plot twist that divides anyone who plays it, you either like it or you don't but the gameplay is fun for me. 4's story is at best mediocre, play 4 with the mindset that you're reading a fanfic and you're probably tolerate better. Also get the PS3 version, since you can change the portraits and the dub voicing as well as some new things in the game. If you're a completionist, be ready to spend at least 500 hours on 3 and 4.
>>
>>120938532
I think it's just because few jrpg have been released in these months.
>>
>>121136456
3DS Abyss port, duh
>>
>>121151407
He already gave the answer though >>121145110
>>
File: latest.png (231 KB, 1036x571) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
231 KB, 1036x571
post characters who did nothing wrong
>>
>>121151991
I don't see what's wrong with the PS4 ver of Zesty given it's still on a Sorny platform. 3DS is weirder.
>>
>>121152941
Because Legendia is the only one that is in one console only and doesn't have any ports/remakes.
Zesty has its PS3 version.
>>
>>121152941
Every single one of those games has been ported, remade or gotten a sequel except Legendia. The joke is that everyone kept saying Zesty was gonna get ported around release, so it's shooped onto a PS4 box.
>>
>>121152874
>>
File: LEGIT.jpg (127 KB, 800x482) Image search: [Google]
LEGIT.jpg
127 KB, 800x482
Random text blow ups are LEGIT
>>
Are the mobile Final Fantasies gud? 5 and 6 look like dogshit and I don't feel like putting 7 on my phone no matter how good it is, but 1 through 4 look like their handheld remakes and iirc they were great

>>121156736
>legit
hey there, 2010
>>
>>121159360
If you're going to play old FFs on mobile, just emulate them. The 5-6 ports are abortions
>>
>>121159360
no
>>
>>121159360
i got iv a while back and it's pretty great; controls are solid enough, and it's hard to dumb down a turn-based JRPG
if you liked the DS ports and you're willing to plunk down sixteen bucks on mobage, then yeah
>>
>>121145805
No, she just stopped around the time she shut out everything from the net.
>>121162020
>FFIV
>Turn-based
>>
>>121163205
>atb is turn-based
just because there's a timer doesn't mean it's still not a menu-driven, turn-based battle system

having to wait to take a turn does not make a game less turn based
and getting wiped because you looked away for three seconds to take a bite does not make a game fun
>>
>>121163416
ATB literally means active time battle.
Active.
Time.
>>
>>121163785
ATB pre-X-2 was pretty garbage, honestly. Lots of lagging between command input/execution due to still only allowing 1 action at a time, and the game doesn't flow properly in most installments.
>>
>>121164159
I still prefer the older ATB style over FFXIII one, which makes things seems too superficial.
>>
>>121164509
I personally like XIII's system because it does away with MP which always bothered me in a system where Time is considered a Resource to manage in combat.

X-2 honestly did it the best, though, if you're looking at Pre-XIII ATB systems. Type-0 and XII both also did pretty well, although most would argue that Type-0's system isn't really ATB.
>>
>>121164509
How? It switched the focus to the roles, which honestly streamlined the gameplay without making it too easy. XIII is a game with pretty challenging bosses, and SMT tier use of status effects and buffs/debuffs.
>>
>>121164956
I don't know, it's just that I dislike a lot of stuff in FFXIII and that the battle system/customization isn't anything amazing, so I might be biased.

Being able to do more than one action in your turn doesn't mean that you can do amazing stuff in it, or at least until the end game. I know that you can perform various kinds of stuff in one "turn" and then paradigm shift, but even so it feels lacking to me.
>>
File: Edward lute.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Edward lute.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Oh shit I didn't even know this general existed until I filtered half of /vg/. Someone give me a great PS1 JRPG and I'll go play it.
>>
>>121167129
>Oh shit I didn't even know this general existed
It only exists from time to time nowadays
>Someone give me a great PS1 JRPG and I'll go play it
俺の屍を越えて
>>
>>121167897
>>121167129
meant to say 俺の屍を越えてゆけ
>>
>>121167129
Depends on what you want.
Grandia? Wild Arms? Valkyrie Profile? XenoGears? Lunar?
>>
>>121168528
Preferably something long.
>>
>>121168964
Out of the I said, Xenogears is the longest, mostly because of story stuff.
Wild Arms has a normal length for a JRPG, and it has Wild Arms 2 for PS1 also.
>>
File: 1445030021634.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1445030021634.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>121169563
Alright then, Xenogears it is. Thanks anon.
>>
I bought The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky since it was only 10 bucks, enjoying it so far, might get the sequel when I'm done with it..

Is this considered a good JRPG? Never really played them before?

Also any guesses at how long the game is? I've got about 3 1/2 hours in atm, feels like nothings happened story wise so I'd guess I'm not very far in.w
>>
>>121171394
Well considering that people wouldn't shut up about it before this general died last year, I guess it is really good.
>>
>>121148562
Star Ocean 3: a game with trophies before trophies were everywhere.
>>
>>121171394
JRPGs tend to be rather long in general. And yes, it's considered a pretty good game, and probably a good introduction to the genre, as it has most common elements.
>>
In Disgaea 5, I assume there's no way to just change the portrait on my generic without having to redo the custom color palette?
>>
File: 2012-04-17-492451.jpg (4 MB, 2100x2970) Image search: [Google]
2012-04-17-492451.jpg
4 MB, 2100x2970
>>121171394
>>Is this considered a good JRPG?
Yes. This general is/used to be crazy about it and its sequels.
>>
File: 1435439033525.jpg (51 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
1435439033525.jpg
51 KB, 500x361
>>121174754
>ao/zero english translation never
>>
>>121175134
>mfw no Fate/Extra CCC translation ever, fan or official
Hell, I'd take a well-done script at this point. The game's too dialogue-heavy for me to not want to know what's going on.
>>
File: 1436999132714.jpg (91 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1436999132714.jpg
91 KB, 600x800
>>121175592
>ToD PS2 translation never as well
Should i just waste 3 years of my life for learning a language i will never use for something aside from games and manga, i wonder?
>>
>>121175592
don't remind me anon.
>>
File: 48696725_p0.png (818 KB, 874x1240) Image search: [Google]
48696725_p0.png
818 KB, 874x1240
>>121107068
Chloe is ten times cuter anyway
>can consistently outdamage Fafdick with Ailing Slash
based
>>
>>121171394
First Chapter is pretty great and is one of the comfiest rpgs ever made, but it's basically a 50-hour prologue to Second Chapter and pretty much nothing important happens until 90% into the game. It also ends on a fucking gigantic cliffhanger, like you'll be fucking pissed.

Second Chapter is where tons of shit starts to go down plotwise and gets pretty dark. It's also even longer than FC, which is a long game.
>>
>>121177913

So far the chapters seem paced much faster, though. How many are there in all?
>>
>>121178143
Oh, by First Chapter and Second Chapter I meant the first and second games. I think that FC has something like 5 or 6 chapters, but it's been like a year since I"ve played it. I'm playing SC now, which I believe has 8 or 9 chapters.
>>
>>121178143
9 from what i remember. They are faster-paced but two chapters of SC are certainly longer than 1 of FC and give you more freedom to do things without being locked by story.
>>
Any other JRPGs with lots of cooking like Rune Factory?
Closest thing that comes to mind is maybe Atelier, but I don't remember much emphasis on food crafting in particular.
>>
>>121178732
Some Tales games have a cooking system I think, but it's more like a choice to buff your party for the next fight iirc.
>>
>>121175134
Have some faith.

https://youtu.be/UmT5-0Oo9RE
>>
>>121181079
This is very cool but even if it's going to be ever fan translated i can't imagine that fan translation will able to 100% this behemoth including all NPC dialogues and a big part of kiseki charm is in talking to NPC who have their own mini-stories like Anton in tits.
>>
>>121163785
It's PR, anon. It's turn based because you can't do anything with a character until their "turn" comes up, whereas with action games you can just spam as fast as you can hit the button.
>>
What are the ingredients you need for the gourmet quest in Chapter 1? I feel like I've gotten like 10 ingredients but the guy still isn't satisfied
>>
Is the KH3 trailer airing 1am on Nov 4th, or 1am Nov 5th? Im confused.
>>
>>121184398
Fight against all enemies present in this part of the world, you're missing some.
>>
>>121100474
Both Digimon and ToZ guy. Its really a shame because the scenes at the end seem to imply that there would have been a sequel. But yeah I guess thats out of the question now.

I havent played a digimon game in years. I'd love a new one to play around with.
>>
>>121184647
I got the Lucky Fang, Juicy Bone, Fish Egg and Bird Egg. I think I'm missing one more, but I've fought every single monster I can find and I still don't have the ingredient. Do I have to do the Jenis Academy quest to find the last one?
>>
File: 2015-11-04_00006.jpg (359 KB, 1768x992) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-04_00006.jpg
359 KB, 1768x992
>>121186151
Here's my list.
>>
>>121186413
Thanks anon, I know where I have to go now.

Also did they change the music for the trails near Ruan from FC? Not that I'm complaining, because it's comfy as fuck
>>
File: gingernigger.png (818 KB, 791x546) Image search: [Google]
gingernigger.png
818 KB, 791x546
>x is causing unrest and there have been sightings of y
>investigate by talking to EVERYONE
>inevitably have to go to some place that could plausibly have a dungeon
>get to the end
>I'M WAY ABOVE YOUR LEVEL
>Have to fight some themed boss

>rinse and repeat
For how long does this continue?
>>
>>121186804
Just a hint to you, if you don't want to fail one of the side quests in ch.4 be sure to get a fishing rod in ch.3. I fucked up and so far it's the only failed quest i have.
>>
>>121187062
Third chapter is the moment game picks up the speed.
Not to mention that anime as fuck moment in the beginning of chapter 4.
>>
>>121187089
I just found some Panda monster when fighting the Roadrunners in chapter 1 and everyone suddenly got like 200 experience compared to like 10-30, what's up with that?

And how strong is the Washing Pole +?
>>
File: 1445694738441.png (1 MB, 1596x1596) Image search: [Google]
1445694738441.png
1 MB, 1596x1596
Did this general deserve all the shit it got throughout the years?

>no DQ
>constantly reminded its posters are inferior over their japanese counter-part fanbase
>even nips look down on western JRPG players
>non-jap speakers constantly get bashed
>people snapping and shitposting incessantly
>constant spoiler posting from stream retards and moonfags
>no longer moderated
/jrpg/ lived a hard life
>>
>>121187548
>Panda
Most likely a shining pom?
They drop a shitton of exp and quartz.
Dunno about washing pole, probably missed it.
>>
>>121187583
I thought that was her skin for a sec
>>
>>121187583
>no DQ
heroes sold 10 copies

it's ogre
>>
File: Screenshot (49).png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (49).png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>121187745
Nope, I've fought Shining Poms before and it definitely is not it.
>>
File: 1440494438606.gif (194 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
1440494438606.gif
194 KB, 477x456
Oh god those phantom thief riddles are getting really fucking cryptic in ch.5.
>>
>>121187921
Oh, looks like i've missed it.
Fucking hell, SC has retarded amount of missables.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (274 KB, 1768x992) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
274 KB, 1768x992
>>121187963
>>
>>121178732
Tales, Star Ocean. Every game has a different approach to it, however.
Star Ocean 2 has a pretty deep crafting and cooking system, and even has an iron chef style minigame. You keep unlocking stuff for cooking up to the end of the game really. In general Star Ocean 2 is one of the game where the crafting REALLY stands out.
Breath of Fire 2 has a cooking thing of sorts, but it's also completely missable if you make some choices regarding the game.
Ehrgeiz has no cooking (that I remember of), but your stats on levelup were influenced by the diet you kept during the game.
Disgaea 5 has you making curry out of pretty much ANYTHING, but I don't know if it should count.
Infinite Undiscovery also has a pretty deep crafting system, but I can't remember if there's cooking into it.
Also, it's a MMO, but FFXIV has a pretty deep cooking, with a class (the culinarian) dedicated exclusively to it. Probably the deepest cooking in any game I've ever seen.
>>
>>121174316
What do you mean? Like loading an image from a folder?
>>
I really want to play an SRPG on my phone, is there anything halfway decent on the Play store, or should I just emulate FFT and Tactics Ogre? This is a genre that would actually work nicely with touch controls but nothing on mobile looks very promising

I was specifically looking at this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.wws.ixtna

But it looks extraordinarily generic and I'm not sure if I trust Google Play reviews
>>
>>121195297
I really doubt that there will be anything worthwhile for phones, unless there is a FFT port.
>>
File: 1442911635822.jpg (158 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1442911635822.jpg
158 KB, 800x450
Got into a dead man's genre
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
End up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up

Born a JRPG fan, I was born a JRPG fan,
I was born a JRPG fan, born a JRPG fan.

Told the clerk I wanted a story, somethin' grand
So they put copy of TLOU in my hand
Sent me off to a zombie land
They got more sales than the yellow man

I was born a JRPG fan, I was born a JRPG fan.

Come back down to Bandai Namco
The old Baba said "son, if it was up to me"
Went down to see my S-E man
He said "son, don't you understand?"

I had a favorite series back in '95
Fighting western games to try to thrive
It's dead, they're all still alive.

It had a sequel I loved in '99
Sold so low it made the director resign

I was born a JRPG fan, born a JRPG fan.

Found the last entry in 2003
Out by the dumpster of the mall E.B.
JRPG's dead ten years, ain't got nowhere to go
Cept maybe, cept maybe Gensokyo.

Time to go to Gensokyo, time to go to Gensokyo.
Time to go to Gensokyo, way long past time for Gensokyo.
>>
Is there an undub of the TitS SC battle voices yet?
>>
> Play SC first on my PSP.
> Deleted it for space.
> Can't start with all the stuff I had.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 135

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.