[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
never played a mobo which one should i start with ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
never played a mobo which one should i start with ?
>>
>>345467925
moba*
>>
>>345467925
Neither all those games do is make you rage
>>
>>345467925
Refer to: >>345468034

But if you have to pick one for the love of god pick Awesomenauts.
>>
>>345467939
It's actually ASSFAG
>>
I may be the only person on Earth that played a few hours of Dota 2, enjoyed it, and didn't experience all the hell people talk about.

Dota 2s nice. Its fun to play. It just didn't engage me.
>>
>>345468034
>not playing against intermediate bots indefinitely cuz fuck gitting gud.

I'm the lowest type of subhuman.
>>
>>345467925
whichever one you're friends play

if they don't play and you still want to try one, dota. it has more modes and custom games and isn't wannabe-weeb trash with a cancerous, overbearing developer. people may think valve is cancerous, but at least they are hands-off and dont outright ban people for typing "ez" in all chat
>>
>>345469150
nah i've been there.
>>
>>345469623
*your.

fuck me i suck dick apparently
>>
>>345467925
Just dont
>>
>>345469064

Yeah, I get the occasional person being shitty but in around 400 hours of playtime I haven't experienced what people complain about. I also don't mess with ranked though.
>>
>>345469816
why not ?
>>
>>345468140
>Awesomenauts
>$9.99
>still have to unlock characters

haha, nahfam, fuck that noise
>>
File: 1453933028536.png (396 KB, 596x697) Image search: [Google]
1453933028536.png
396 KB, 596x697
niether
first of all, you dont start one then move on to the next. The way they are designed,
It takes years without money to get all the champs in league, and in dota, it takes a year to really learn the game
second, they are both fucking terrible

play anything else
>>
>>345472047
why are they terrible ? i'm just enjoying the fuck outta overwatch atm but was curious about these mobas that are always talked about
>>
>>345472341

I think people just have the stigma that they are terrible and have never even tried them. Get a friend, play some bot matches and see how you feel about it. Also, Dota is the better option in my eyes, no bullshit to unlock and it's all just there.
>>
>>345472632
okay but why is LoL more popular than dota2 ?(also i don't have friends)
>>
>>345472341
You know the obvious flaws of Overwatch? Like, getting grouped with shit people and such. MOBAs have it but significantly worse. Matches in Dota and LoL are 40 minutes-1 hour, if you leave you get penalized, meaning that you are forced to stuck with retards most of the time. Unlike OW you can't just fuck around because teammates will keep close tab of you, and dying gives actual advantage to the enemy. I'll have you to figure out what are the consequences of this regarding the community.
>>
dota is objectively better than league - it takes longer to get used to it, but it's like an acquired taste. league teaches you things and habits that make playing dota more frustrating, additionally league pulls you in with the fucking grind walls and p2win.

Also riot is a terrible company that should go bankrupt already
>>
>>345467925
battleborn looks like moba: fun edition
>>
>>345475265
nice bait it's dead mate
>>
>>345467925
League is easier, both are trash.
>>
>>345475517
On PS4 the community is actually growing

On PC? Yeah.

>friend of mine got 100 hours on steam before it died
>had to switch to overwatch
i feel for my bro.
>>
>>345476294
>consoles
>>
>>345476364
>not playing bloodborne / disgaea 5 / gravity rush / ratchet / infamous / uncharted

wwhy
>>
>>345476547
All those games except bloodborne are trash
>>
>>345476646
have you considered that you might be trash. anon?
>>
overwatch is the best moba
>>
>>345477153
Don't compare me to your taste.
>>
>>345468140
Is Awesomenauts even alive?
>>
smite
>>
Start with Paragon instead. Much more promise.
>>
>>345477416
i'm not comparing you to my taste, anon. i am comparing you to trash. :)

if i were comparing you to my taste, i would have made it obvious that my taste was the object you were being compared to.

>of course the ESL-fag wants to play dota
>>
>>345469847
I haven't played ranked either, but I live in europe, and the servers are infested with russians and other eastern european, non english speaking people. I actually think that european servers contain only a few thousands people who speak proper english and don't rage all the damn time. Thank god I've uninstalled that shit.
>>
>>345477737
>:)

so you're mad then?
>>
Neither but if you really want to choose, go for dota. LoL is dying. It went from flavor of the year game to lifesupport. Everyone jumped the ship for overwatch. Their numbers have been dropping since 2015. Dota´s numbers are quite stable, I think it will outlive LoL
>>
>>345477690
This.
>>
>>345467925
Unless you want to grind for 2 years to unlock all the chimps, Dota 2
>>
>>345467925

People only play League because it was free for a long time before Dota 2 came out.

Your choice is:

Dota:
>all characters are free
Lol
>characters must be purchased with in-game currency you grind for or real money

There's no massive difference between them until you've put thousands of hours into the genre, so just base your decision off of how much money you want to give away.
>>
>>345473007
LoL is more accesible and has animu character designs.
And It also came first.
>>
>>345477620
Is smite actually good? I never played a moba, but I watched a few videos and it looked interesting.
>>
>>345467925
Doto is the better game, but if you're playing in europe, then for your own enjoyment wait 5 minutes to see what is your team composed of. If they're shit, mute them and put some music on, pretend you're playing with bots, it will make everything more enjoyable.
>>
Dota 2

If you want to start you might as well start with the best.
>>
Smite
>>
>>345467925
The terminology you're looking for is Fortress Assault Game or Dotalike
>>
>>345478401
If you're new to mobas give smite a try. Compared to league and especially dota, it's a lot more shallow. It has serious limitations in terms of build variety and that is what made me drop it.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.