[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a nice and friendly Counter Strike thread? Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111 KB, 1024x768
Can we have a nice and friendly Counter Strike thread? Haven't seen one in ages
All CS welcome, from 1.5 to GO.

>favorite CS
>how long you've been playing
>your level
>best map/best weapon
>random useful tips
>made any sweet bets lately?
>>
inb4 rng shitposting

Sweet bets are stopping soon no? I thought valve was cracking down on that shit
>>
6v6 tf2 has a higher skill ceiling

cs go a shit
>>
File: 1458130693051.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1458130693051.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
i played 1.6 only on lanparties with friends, never really competitive. been playing csgo for a week something, after 10 matches i was ranked gold nova 1, pretty happy with myself and i have fun playing.
>>
>>345447757
Don't know, I don't bet, but my little brother has a 500eurobucks inventory, he started betting with the 5 bucks I gave him.
>>
>1.5
>GO

naisu baito
>>
>>345447864
Dota 2 takes more skill than TF2 and CS:GO combined
>>
>>345447653
Source was my favorite. It wasn't the best but it was so fun and comfy.
>>
>>345447996
>Comparing a moba to a fps
Are you retarded?
>>
>>345447991
What's bait about 1.5 and GO? Or are you one of those people that thinks 1.6 is the only CS worth playing?
>>
>>345448251
>fps
>move your crosshair at an enemy

>dota 2
>constantly checking the map and calculating quick mathematical problems in a short period of time that takes years of mental discipline to acquire
>>
>>345447653
WHy didn't they just remake 1.6 with better visuals and without the tac shield?
>>
>>345447653
>GO
>1.5
>Global / Faceit rank 8
>Cache / AK
>"cl_mute_all_but_friends_and_party 1"

Made like 40 euros from the last major, shit was rad.
>>
>>345448532
>fps is just move crosshair at an enemy
Nice strawman
>calculating quick mathematical problems
lol and people wonder why /v/ hates moba faggots.
>>
>>345448532
lmaO @ moba players that think clicking on a map takes skill instead of actually aiming and acquiring frags
>>
>>345448687
GO is 1.6 and Source put together with improved competitive aspect and balance, and some recoil.
>>
>>345447653
Counter Strike GO? Is that like an AR Counter Strike from the app store? Sounds fun!
>>
>>345448532
>calculating quick mathematical problems
Like what exactly? You mean right clicking and spamming qwer?
>>
>>345448826
>>345448887
>>345449007
samefag is same
>>
>>345448532
>constantly checking the map and calculating quick mathematical problems in a short period of time that takes years of mental discipline to acquire
No, that's in real rts games like starcraft, not the pussified mobas normies play.
>>
>>345448925
Can't shoot through walls.
Weapon models look like shit.
Maps are too detailed with too much shit around.
Worst thing are the unlockable skins and shit, nobody plays for fun anymore.
>>
>>345447653
First shot inaccuracy has to go, it's so fucking stupid. I had never realized how inaccurate the guns are until I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rlCJ047Ds
>>
This is a Counter-Strike thread. Let's please try to keep things on-topic.
>>
>>345449320
Yeah its pretty fucking stupid, I don't see any reason they had to add that
>>
>>345449306
>Can't shoot through walls.
Uh, what? It's not as retarded as 1.6 where 2m thick stone walls felt like paper, but almost every surface is wallbangable. There are millions of preshot wallbang spots
>Weapon models look like shit.
Only the AWP looks like shit, the rest is fine
>Maps are too detailed with too much shit around.
That was the release version. They removed every useless clutter ages ago, it's like before but with a more modern look. You can't have GO look like CSS 10 years later. The same way CSS is like 1.6 but better looking.
>Worst thing are the unlockable skins and shit, nobody plays for fun anymore.
That's not an argument, nobody is forcing you to have skins and shit. There are tons of "fun" servers, jail/surf and shit. GO is for comp play, if you want to fuck around, there's CSS.
>>
>>345448817
How many hours have you played each CS anon?
How long did it take you to get Global?

I reached LEM in 400h then started playing only CEVO and faceit with my team. Couldn't play for 8 months because of military, and now I started again 2 days ago, I'm gold nova 3 :/
>>
>favorite CS
Definitely Source. Counter-Strike has a fatal flaw that it hasn't evolved much from its gene 17 years. Might as well play the one with the comfiest visual, best UI, and most fun balance of mechanics.
>How Long
About 7 years now. I would say longer since it was on every school and library computer in the area, but I didn't start playing a lot till '09 with 1.6
>Level
I refuse to play CS:GO Competitive because of the whole mindset surrounding dedicated play of CS:GO
>Best Map
cs_office for days. It's fast, it's fun, and it has the perfect balance of being able to know where the enemy could run to within X amount of time without giving a reliable strategy every single time. It keeps it fresh, and while it's a quality all Reserve maps seem to have, cs_office has that the most.
>tips
Counter-Strike has some of the absolute shittiest shooting mechanics in a FPS. They should have changed in someway past Condition Zero but they didn't. Take it, internalize it, and accept that what makes CS a skillful shooter is actually more along the lines of team positioning and knowledge of map variables. If you don't can't get past it, Dirty Bomb is a great alternative that is basically "What if Counter-Strike didn't stagnate for almost 2 decades?"
>>
>>345447864
>>345447996
>>345448532
No one gives a shit if your games take "skill" when all of them are based around fuck-all boring skills.
>>
>>345449975
I grew up with 1.6, and I felt there was no need to update the gameplay mechanics.
Maybe I have to give it another shot.
All my friends stopped playing and I hate playing with random guys.
>>
>favorite CS
source because of the awp and deagle. although i've spent more time playing go and 1.6
source since 2008, 1.6 since 2010, bought go when it came out but didnt play it until end of 2014
>your level
dont play regular matchmaking in go
>best map/best weapon
inferno/awp or usp-s
>random useful tips
dont use low sens
>made any sweet bets lately?
dont care about skins
>>
>>345448532
>takes years of mental discipline to acquire
>years
Only if you're retarded, I guess yeah.
>>
>>345450390
I've been playing casualy CS since before 1.5 and when GO got released I started playing a lot.

The core mechanics remain the same, but GO changed a lot. The biggest difference is the recoil. 1.5, 1.6 and Source feel like they have no recoil compared to GO, everything shoots straight ahead, deagle has no recovery time, things like that. The rest of the updates are nade fixes, damage balancing, map balancing, better hitboxes and hit detection.

Most people I know that played hardcore 1.6 now play hardcore GO. You should try it again for a few hours, but only if you have 2 or friends with you. Solo is boring.
>>
>>345450549
>dont use low sens
define low sens anon. what dpi, what resolution, what mousepad. low sens alone means nothing.
>>
>>345450115
Steam says 300 hours on source, 1400 on GO and 3 hours on 1.6 which cant be right but I doubt steam even tracked hours 12 years ago.

I had not played MM for months before prime was released, I still dont play it very actively unless I want to solo queue or play CS sort of casually (usually drunk or high). I received LEM from rank up game and a week later I was global.

I'd honestly recommend anyone wanting to play CS to use services like faceit, the skillgap there is so much higher than in MM.
>>
>>345451023
>what resolution, what mousepad
doesn't impact your sensitivity
>define low sens anon
<850 edpi or >50cm/360
>>
>>345451074
noice
Thoughts on CEVO anon? We started playing faceit, it was tons of fun, and then one of my teammates said "let's play CEVO, it's better". When I asked him why he said it's because most people there are LEM/Global and 5man stack and try to win. I really felt like I was improving a lot on CEVO and couldn't only rely on my aim skills like on faceit/MM.

>tfw I rank up and carry games with aiming alone, never use nads or brain skills
>>
>>345451396
the resolution affects the sens.
800dpi and 1sens isn't the same in 1024x768 4:3 stretched and 1080p
>>
>>345451874
>the resolution affects the sens.
no it doesn't. if you don't believe me, fix a point on a map and measure your 360. it doesn't change between resolutions.
>>
File: ¦y.png (379 KB, 461x824) Image search: [Google]
¦y.png
379 KB, 461x824
>>345449975
>tons of fun servers
>lists jailbreak
AH
AH
AH
AH
AH
HA
HA
HA
HA
HA
>>
>>345451874
Looks faster because it's stretched horizontally.
>>
>>345447653
>Favourite CS
Source for me just for all the custom shit I played with m8s over the years
>How long have you been playing
I was on-off when 1.6 dropped. Only really started to get into it around Source
>Your level
Hovering between Eagle and LEM.
>Random useful tips
Take your fuckin time when lining up a shot on someone who doesn't notice you
>Made any sweet bets lately
I just found this new site CSGOLotto. They've gave me a little sponsor and a few skins to play with. Check them out, guys!
>>
>>345450390
Valve's casual servers have dumb settings and dumb people, solo competitive is not worth it. I'd recommend community servers. I've spent about 2000 hours on the same server.
>>
>>345452287
I was saying that for the other anon, I never played any custom mods in any CS version. Never logged into a jail/zombie/surf/bh server.

>>345452061
>>345452302
I'll take your word for it, I've been at 800dpi 0.87 sens for ages, don't feel like trying out new stuff.
>>
who else here play minigames
>>
File: 1465615804831.jpg (28 KB, 406x345) Image search: [Google]
1465615804831.jpg
28 KB, 406x345
Source is my favorite flavour of Counter-Strike. Most custom mods, maps, skins, all the good stuff which made any sounce-game so fun with its huge modding community.

I never touched CS:GO since it looks very "OOO LOOK AT ALL THESE LEVELS AND SKINS"

I'm dissapointed we don't have many online shooters where you start with all guns, and let your skill demonstrate how good you are, not just because you're using some gun unlocked at level 359.
>>
Only ever played csgo. Was the recoil as strong in the other games?
>>
>>345452954
I don't even know what levels do, and skins don't affect the game.
It's a good way to make money to buy free games on Steam, and a good way for Valve to take money from retards and kids ready to pay tons of real money for a knife.
>>
I've been playing CS GO for a little bit since summer sale, like 20 hours or so.

I'm apparently a 5 year veteran because I have source that I also played like 20 hours on years ago.

I have to ask why then, of people play this game so much, I get like 1st-3rd place almost every match even with my low time played. Is it because everyone else is a literal child or?
>>
>>345453091
1.6 has similar spray patterns but most guns have several different ones and spraying isn't as viable. Source has single patterns like GO but less recoil.

>>345453482
If you're playing on Valve DM or Casual servers, then yes, you're usually against literal babies. For more skilled players you'll want to hop on community servers.
>>
rate my pro tactics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og5OwhPie3Y
>>
>>345453482
Because it's addictive, and fun as fuck. You get better at every game and want to see what's the highest you can go. Every kill, every victory is rewarding and pushes you to the next rank.
>>
>>345453689
crouching before noscoping makes it like 90% more accurate fampai
>>
>>345453689
nice braces nerd
>>
>>345453689
>being so shit you cant tell where the middle of your screen is
>>
>>345447653
1.5> and source were pretty rad
whenever beta existed, i bought half life in 1998 and played all the mods
probably pretty low level in GO i dont no life it anymore
dust 2, any weapon, more bullets the better in pubs
mouse 2= crouch middle mouse or thumb mouse button = zoom . i personally always go balls to the wall and rush the entire enemy team in pubs because who gives a shit if you die, and if you pull it off you look like a god. had some sweet 25-0+ KDRs that way

watch the bullet pattern behind the enemy and adjust the gun barrel in the opposite direction
bets on what?

i used to play 30-45 hours at a time in original cs and dropped out of highschool, then eventually stopped going to class in college because of source. cs ruined my life and i cant even bother to play cs go with hundreds of games in my backlog
>>
File: mylife_.png (106 KB, 994x291) Image search: [Google]
mylife_.png
106 KB, 994x291
>>345447653
Ok here we go so
Started playing cs1.6 when I was 1st grade,now 13 years later I still am,game is too perfect to stop
Missed out on CS Source because my pc was too shitty to play it at the time(I was getting 20fps even vs with bots),but I got into it 4 years ago and now I am enjoying it from time to time
CS condition zero was a mistake
Have been playing CS:GO since 2013 but back then I thought the game looked and played bad so I barely touched but now it's good and I play it almost every day.I never like the idea of the skins but they are coll I guess.Have a 600$ inventory out of which I have spent only around 100$ from my pocket because I was lucky with gambling.Not mad that skin gambling is dying,I was doing it for fun anyway,nice move from valve.
thats it pic very related
>>
>>345456752
>27k hours
You are my new god

>but back then I thought the game looked and played bad
Because it did. Release CSGO was fucking garbage.
>>
File: ThePhantom.jpg (109 KB, 1195x715) Image search: [Google]
ThePhantom.jpg
109 KB, 1195x715
Source was one I enjoyed a bunch, but 1.6 has a very warm spot with me.

I've been playing since about 2009-2010ish

LE before they had another VAC wave which put me in MG1, I stopped playing due to boredom and I played again just for old times. Tore up some people and got put in Silver 4.

cpl_fire/mirage and best weapon would go to the M4

Cache in CS:GO and Source have a wallbangable spot on the wall in front of the door on A Site.

No. I can't do that it'd give me a heart attack.
>>
>>345456752
Release GO was ASS until VALVe had to take over.
>>
>hit HE
>team regularly has people who go something stupid like 1:9 KD
>>
>>345447653
>favorite CS
since 2002, clocked in 5k hours on 1.6, 100 hours on go, 50 on source
>your level
Rank? Highest I got in GO was Supreme like 2 years ago, havent played since
>best map
1.1-1.4 Inferno or 1.6 inferno
>best weapon
famas
>>
>>345456893
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995417670
This guy has 39k hours
>>
>>345456752

>27K hours

holy FUCK
>>
File: hah.png (106 KB, 407x209) Image search: [Google]
hah.png
106 KB, 407x209
Continuing from
>>345456752 (You)
My rank is LE in csgo I don't really care too much for competitive
my favorite maps are
de_aztec for cs1.6
de_inferno for cs source
de_cache for csgo
I like all the guns,except for csgo
I was pretty salty about the M4A4 and later the M4A1-S in that game but now I'm used to them,and I fucking hate the R8.
>tips
don't use hacks kids
pic related is my best drop from the Operation Wildfire
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.