[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While I find the whole concept of Pokémon Go genuinely fascinating,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: Pokemon_GO_620-400.jpg (41 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_GO_620-400.jpg
41 KB, 620x400
While I find the whole concept of Pokémon Go genuinely fascinating, it baffles me to see how utterly incompetent the execution is.

>spawns are incredibly inconsistent, you can spend half an hour roaming an area filled with leafs without finding anything
>no combat when you finally find a pokémon, literally all you do is throw balls at him
>the difficulty in catching pokémons is also incredibly inconsistent, you can easily get a rare in one or two decent throws while wasting 10-20 pokéballs just to capture a shitty zubat
>almost virtually no combat in the entire game, the closest you can do is that obnoxious gym battle thing
>can't find opponents on your level, you're doomed to try and fight gym leaders five times your rank
>can't challenge other players for PvP
>all the server crashes and freezes, just lost a fucking Meowth because of one
>the lack of fun in general

Will this turd ever be updated to the point where it has at least some semblance to the gameplay of the original games?
>>
File: cwazy.jpg (31 KB, 540x418) Image search: [Google]
cwazy.jpg
31 KB, 540x418
>Game about battling, training and trading pokemon
>Can't battle, train or trade
>>
>>345433923
Maybe you should Pokemon Go fuck yourself
>>
>>345434306
You summed it up far better than in my OP post, anon.

Basically, Pokémon Go is nothing but a cool prototype by this point. I'm not even that big of a Pokémon fan, but boy, this does dissapoint me.
>>
You forgot

>have to grind to evolve Pokemon
>because of how the game works Pokemon you catch earlier on are far, far weaker than Pokemon you catch later
>>
>>345433923
No because its built for normies who dont understand why a battle system would be fun or necessary. The majority have also never played an MMO to be sick of level grinding so its all just running around talking about Pokemon. Gameplay is meaningless as far as theyre all concerned.
>>
Here we go.
>spawns are incredibly inconsistent
Use your nearby map. Leaves just show that Pokemon are in the area, not right at said leaves.
>no combat when you finally find a pokémon, literally all you do is throw balls at it
Play a mainline game if you want the mainline experience, this is a mobile game designed for quick captures while walking. I don't want to send my Parasect in to use Spore then False Swipe on every fucking random encounter.
>almost virtually no combat in the entire game
See above.
>can't find opponents on your level, you're doomed to try and fight gym leaders five times your rank
Sounds like you don't even play Pokemon. Any gym can be taken down if you use Pokemon with the right typing and moves. I took out a ~1200 Flareon with a 380 Slowpoke and a 550 Persian with a Rock type move.
>can't challenge other players for PvP
Probably in a later update, though battling isn't the point of this app.
>all the server crashes and freezes
Only valid point.

Half of these complaints are stupid as hell and just show you have no idea what Go is actually about. Just emulate Pokemon Emerald on your phone if you're gonna whine about no battling.
>>
To be fair, pokemon go is more about catching than fighting. It was always advertised that way. Not to mention the fact that if they gave the original pokemon experience for free then nobody would buy new games.
I'm not defending it or saying that the catching works either, I don't really like the system too
>>
>>345434306
>Can't battle
Wrong
>Can't train
Wrong
>>
>>345433923
It's a pokedex simulator
>>
>>345433923

>People thing Pokemon Go is meant to be a game

How fucking retarded are you people?

http://www.cnet.com/au/news/pokemon-go-sponsored-locations-plus-mcdonalds-rumor/

It's literally been designed from the ground up as a means of advertising and selling personal movement data to corporations.
>>
>>345434758
You can't battle pvp or against other Pokemon in the wild, you can only do gym battles

The training barely even qualifies, you can't even change your pokemon's moveset. All you can do is grind and increase their cp, which is a waste if you are a low level trainer
>>
What really grinds my gears is how they haven't tried to implement any quality of life features at all. The app needs to be running with the screen on in order for anything to be counted, whether that's finding pokemon or just counting steps for hatching eggs. You have to keep the fucking phone awake, in your hand, for a 10km walk to hatch the biggest eggs.

Niantic's other game, Ingress, counts your steps and lets you collect XM as you walk around even when the screen is turned off.
>>
>>345433923

>it baffles me to see how utterly incompetent the execution is.

What? The execution has been flawless.

>John Hanke, CEO of Pokemon Go developer Niantic, said the game will include "sponsored locations" in the future, according to an interview with The New York Times earlier this week.
>>
>>345434696
>Trackings been busted all week.
>The gym battles are the opposite of what OP said, its actually too easy because the defending pokemon only works in sequences( attack 2 times attack the first go, then every other time. If you wait for the yellow flash you take 0 damage a battle.) So yeah, actually. Virtually no combat.

And finally to say that someone who doesnt want a battle system should just play the video games is one of the dumbest arguments a person can give. They would get rid of gyms altogether if they really didnt care about combat. However If you go to take a gym by yourself its 20 seconds of mashing the sequence above followed by watching another autist walk in and take it within the next hour or so.

The game isnt fun if you are looking beyond the fact that "LOLPOKEMAN" and thats pretty sad for anyone who might have actually been interested in the pokemon universe beyond the 3 months it gets popular after a game comes out.
>>
>>345434921
I honestly don't even care about discussing this game or its mechanics, I just wanted to point out that you were wrong. Cus you were.
>>
File: 1440608494045.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1440608494045.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>345435263
>You're wrong because I said you were.
>>
>>345435501
Are you retarded? He said you can't battle, that is FACTUALLY incorrect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNNR4zqmpkI
He said you can't train your pokemon. How can he even say that when you obviously have to make your CP increase?
>>
>>345434884
>selling personal movement data to corporations.
Jesus fucking Christ, do you sit awake waiting on every thread to keep posting this?

Where's your proof?
>>
>>345433923
I didn't actually know there was going to be a battle system whatsoever until I started playing and saw there were gyms. The game's 90% about collecting them for your pokedex. Concept wise, it's pretty much perfect AND it gives you a tiny bit of competitive stuff with a basic battle system and gyms here and there.

Only valid complaints are shit like the servers crashing all the time and general errors (wasted an incense just trying to get the game to not crash every time I tapped a pokemon), and ESPECIALLY the stuff mentioned here >>345434937

Did they not foresee how much battery the game would drain? You can't afford to have your screen on literally all the time, it'll burn through battery like crazy. Counting steps and encountering pokemon shouldn't be exclusively when you're staring at the game, it goes against the whole "you're a real pokemon trainer in the real world!" idea. I think the whole thing is that your phone is supposed to be a super intense pokedex, and this goes completely against that
>>
File: 1456943937571.jpg (6 KB, 142x141) Image search: [Google]
1456943937571.jpg
6 KB, 142x141
>>345435059
Combat isn't the driving force of the game by any means. The gyms are actually more centered around co-operation with your friends than it is about being a standard battle, this is why multiple people can gang up on a single Pokemon. You'd know this if you went and played it instead of whining about Go on /v/.

I'll say it again, go play the mainline games if you want to battle. Play Pokemon Showdown if you want to battle. Take your 3DS around with you if you want to battle.

Playing GO and getting mad that it's not battle focused when it's never presented itself as battle focused is about as dumb as it gets.
>>
File: 1428548731440.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1428548731440.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>345435676
>You can't battle pvp or against other Pokemon in the wild, you can only do gym battles
>you can only do gym battles
>posts gym battle

Anon...
>>
>>345433923
Nice childs game....only children and pedophiles play it
>>
For the most part, it's a freemium game. You should've expected as much.
If they were to make the game like you described, then the nolifes would take over.
>>
>>345436053
Anon, this was his post. >>345434306
The post you read cus you were too lazy to look at the whole reply string was stated to try and either Move the goalpos/pretend he wasn't wrong by adding onto what he said as if he though he was traveling through time and changing his post to make him not retarded..
>>
>>345433923
>Expecting them to release a full Pokemon game for free
Yeah, no, then what would be the point of us getting Sun and Moon?
>>
>>345436313
Only good games on the left is Bloodborne, Atelier and kingdom hearts.
>YS
kill the series already
>P5
kill the series already
>More shitty FF games
Come on squareenix
>DQ Builders
literally what the fuck.

Not that I'm defending nintendo or anything, but Playstation sucks as well.
>>
>>345436616
Wrong thread, friend?
>>
I was fucking hyped for it until I found out no combat.

They could have dropped random CPU opponents into the world to challenge you, as well as just let you fight people near you, and then have like city wide tournaments and stuff.
>>
>>345434306
*Franchise

What you are doing is like complaining about world of warcraft because it has no RTS elements
>>
>>345435852

Can you not read?
>>
>>345434519
This is the main issue, it makes no fucking sense, it turns the core aspect of the pokemon games that its about catching pokemon and then them becoming your companions on its head. Your first catch of each type will 99% just be more meat to turn into treats for versions of that pokemon you catch afterwards
>>
File: untitled.png (344 KB, 386x588) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
344 KB, 386x588
>Spoof
>GSP your parent's hometown to see how's going on there
>Literally 3 pokespots and nothing else

Kinda sad to be honest. People in little towns must be angry at this game. Using the data mobile usage to determinate pokemons is a huge bullshit for them.
>>
>game is fun with friends
>/v/ hates it

GEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>345433923
There's no need to update. It's the most casual of casual games. Most of the people playing it are the same ones who play things like Candy Crush, and those are also the people who are spending money on it.
>>
>>345433923
It falls short of a complete pokemon vision, but for what it's worth its pretty good at what it's getting people to do.

I wish battles weren't shit and you could fight your friends directly to lessen the noticeable shittiness of it.

Im enjoying just seeing other people have fun with it, and mild motivations for taking longer walking routes is pretty nice.

I enjoy treating exercise as a game, those with fit u pedometers were fun to go back with and observe your walking habits represented in graphs.

I just wish this game wasn't buggy as shit.
How will they do the newer generations of pokemon though? Will they merge their spawn points with first gen or will they go in one generation at a time?
>>
>Can't battle, train or trade
>GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
Hmm really makes you ponder
>>
Just uninstalled it yesterday.
I hate how you get overrun by pokemons in cities but won't find anything worthwhile outside of them.
The server issues are annyoing too.
>>
>>345439721
>won't find anything worthwhile outside of cities
Makes you ponder indeed, right?
>>
Tracking a specific pokemon down is the most fun part, too bad the tracking feature is broken.... Well, random running GPS spoofing it is until a fix then
>>
>>345433923
no because this is a game for people to relive their childhood soon as new pokemon and updates come people will say its ruined
>>
The biggest problem is the gym/training mechanics.

>No sense of building a team and training it up because you have to spend precious resources on improving stats as well as there is a CP cap, so a lvl 100 pokemon will max out at say level 500 while a level 500 pokemon will max out at 1500.

>Literally zero point to the Gyms, which makes the entire leveling mechanic and team mechanic and gym capture mechanic completely pointless apart from bragging rights.

>You can whittle down Gyms just through grinding them when no one else is there.

Seriously this is all they need to do to fix the gyms:

- If your team ties, the Gym has a 5 minute cool down.

- within 1km of the Gym if your team holds it you get a much higher rare pokemon spawn rate.

Oh look, just added a fucking metagame to Pokemon Go that would make the game actually a game, fix several of the problems and would take like 15 minutes of programming.

Also they need to up Pokemon spawn rates in areas where there are no fucking pokestops and gyms. It's ridiculous living in the suburbs or rural areas and trying to play this game, also if I'm doing a bushwalk, I want to be able to fucking catch pokemon in the fucking wild.
>>
>>345440662
once your team dies*
>>
>>345433923

Niantic is out of their league. Look at how disgustingly simple ingress is, and know that even that still has ui elements from features that don't work anymore.
>>
File: 1325295198000.png (6 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1325295198000.png
6 KB, 493x402
>>345433923
Why you autist an't get trough your thick skull this is not a mainline pokemon game, it's a bare bones interactive ad for the real games.
>>
Is there actually pokemon battles in this fucking game?
>>
>>345435263
he wasn't in the sense how he meant it and you are a fucking retard with autism or something, not being able to understand it. Boohoo grammar and spelling rules.
>>
>>345434937
There is a saving battery feature m8. Go to settings and just click on it, you put the phone down and the screen goes black with the logo of the game, you keep walking and it vibrates when you are near a pokestop/gym/pokemon.
>>
>>345441083
Not that anon, but battery saver has the issue where for some users, it will make the screen unresponsive if kept open, forcing you to restart the app.

They honestly just need to work on fixing all of the SEVERAL bugs that should definitely have not made it out of beta testing. I seriously wonder what the fuck they even did during beta.
>>
>>345440662
>if your team holds it you get a much higher rare pokemon spawn rate.
why would anyone pick instinct if it means they have less rare pokemon spawn for them?
>If your team ties, the Gym has a 5 minute cool down.
why would anyone go gym-busting with friends like this?

to me the things you list are not problems, and your solutions make the game worse for me.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.