[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rimworld
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
How do I incapacitate people so I can capture them? I found 4 cryo chambers in the first day and 3 of them are non-violent while I just swarm the 4th guy with melee firsts.

I've beat them down several times now with just my fists and each time they just end up dead.

also rim world thread
>>
>>345433609

Fists are the best way to go, but it's a bit of a crap shoot either way.

You want to maximise damage and chances to black out/go into shock whilst minimising organ damage.
>>
Tell me why should I bother finding a torrent for this game
>>
>>345434190

You shouldn't.

It's shallow and lacking even by the standards of shitty dwarf fortress clones.
>>
>>345434282
Spotted the Dwarf Fortress player.
>>
>>345435554
>>345434282
it's funny how dorf fort outside of /vg/ has become synonymous with shitposting since this games release
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-18+at+08.56.14).jpg (291 KB, 1936x1066) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-18+at+08.56.14).jpg
291 KB, 1936x1066
>when the map generation gods smile upon ye
>>
>>345436720
They seem to become angry when people play DF-Inspired games. Something like game patriotism, its pretty stupid.

This so-called "DF clone" happens to be very entertaining and of decent quality, I don't see reasons to be upset about it.
>>
>>345437395
patriotism has more legitimacy to it
>>
>>345437012
how do you get the crop fields to look all plowed like that?
>>
Can you shills go to /vg/ yet
>>
>>345440691
Mods.
>>
>>345437395
>They seem to become angry when people play DF-Inspired games.
not him but I get it. put yourself in his shoes, someone takes your beloved game, makes a shallow clone of it and then charges 30$ for an inferior product.
>This so-called "DF clone" happens to be very entertaining and of decent quality, I don't see reasons to be upset about it.
Why is anyone upset when the market is flooded which subpar knockoffs of his beloved brand?
>>
Any torrents? I need to demo this first :)
>>
>>345441636
Nigger here is the thing, its inspired by it, not a fucking clone.

Now compare it, you have a game that has been on early access for 3-4 years that has made good progress since then.

Then you have a fucking huge game that has been made thoughout 14 fucking years, no graphics or good UI but it has good depth.

Its like putting a 4 year old to the test in some exam versus a 14 year old who is autistic, of course the 14 year old is going to win.

Still playing Rimworld is pretty fun, i like it for what it is and i cant wait to see how it gets bigger.

>>345441682
http://kickasstorrentu.xyz/rimworld-alpha-14-t12952076.html

there you go nigger
>>
>>345441636
>everything inspired of something is a clone

every fps is a clone then since there was a first-first person shooter one day

clones would me reusing assets and having zero new shit/originality which is not the case
>>
>>345442020
>fiddling a 4 year old is fun
Seek help.
>>
>most popular torrent has comments indicating it emulates steam and that it could get your legit account banned

I'm too much of a pussy to risk it.
>>
>>345442020
>>345443228
well my definition of a clone is slightly different from you. stealing game mechanics without improving or expanding on them - thats a clone for me. and Rimworld does nothing to improve on the formula other than tie a pretty bow around it. and why the example of FPS doesn't hold up since the genre has developed since
>>
>>345443689
>stealing games mechanics

jesus christ

kys
>>
>>345443794
>kys
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>345443582
it emulates steam, it doesn't connect to your steam account in any way, i'm not banned
>>
>>345443582
just pirate an earlier non steam version
>>
>>345443961
lmao ^_^
>>
Do colonists have childre?
Been having fun with the game but it feels lacking in the content department, maybe it's just my tile zone?
mods suggestions?
>>
>>345444171
I've never seen any children.
>>
>>345444171
Glitterworld tech lets you build bionic men and other cool shit.

Expanded turrets makes designing defences actually fun.
>>
>>345437012
Whats the seed and size?
Where are your rooms and beds?
>>
>>345443582
it connects to an emulated steam api, logging you in as IGGames, not your actual steam account. my recently played doesnt have it logged, and i was logged into my regular steam account while playing
>>
>the most recent pirated version only goes up to 14 and 14b has all the events unlocked
Shame
I also try to see the workshop in steam and it doesn't show up, what gives?
>>
>>345443689
So I guess you only play Pong, A Boy and his Blob, Zelda, and maybe a few other choice titles since "they did it first"? It must be rough living in these times of endless rehashes.

Get over it, man. Everything is inspired or ripping off something else, however you wanna look at it. Rimworld is surprisingly fun and a lot more approachable than DF.
>>
File: That everything.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
That everything.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
Hmm.
>>
>>345447440
>playing the game as a single colonist

Lame. The 5 man tribe and the 3 man space ship crash are much more fun.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.