[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given how meh the Pre-Sequel was and what a colossal failure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 26
File: borderlands_3_logo_thumb800.jpg (46 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
borderlands_3_logo_thumb800.jpg
46 KB, 800x450
Given how meh the Pre-Sequel was and what a colossal failure Battleborn turned out to be,

How can Gearbox NOT screw up Borderlands 3?

What could they do to make it great?!
>>
Give it to another studio, or never make it to begin with.
>>
Really with some minor gameplay tweaks on top of what the Pre-Sequel already fixed, if the dialogue isn't completely fucking awful it'd already be better than BL2.
>>
>>345420925
>We're roleplaying as bandits again
>>
Can we all agree that the only thing the Borderlands games did consistently right were the opening songs
>>
>>345421157
>Battleborn was such a flop that Del and Gearbox couldn't or wouldn't release an HQ download of the theme song for purchase.
>>
I'm sure that they will bring burch in once again, complete with too many memes, a Donald Trump-esque villain, and muh stronk independent wymens.

Though, they could start by axing Claptrap.
>>
>first 3 games were shit
>What could they do to make it not shit?
Make an entirely different game.
>>
>>345420925
>what could they do to make it great
Let the Tales from the Borderlands guys write it.
>>
please read before making any comments
>>
>>345420925
pump those BADASS memes to the MAX :D
>>
File: 1460060991023.jpg (304 KB, 1657x1112) Image search: [Google]
1460060991023.jpg
304 KB, 1657x1112
>>345421641
forgot the image
>>
File: 1462117785798.jpg (766 KB, 1000x4774) Image search: [Google]
1462117785798.jpg
766 KB, 1000x4774
>>345421718
>>
File: bl2 and gun manufacturers.png (29 KB, 1005x479) Image search: [Google]
bl2 and gun manufacturers.png
29 KB, 1005x479
>>
File: BL2 slag weapons.png (14 KB, 928x206) Image search: [Google]
BL2 slag weapons.png
14 KB, 928x206
>>
>>345420925
>Borderlands2
>5/6(?) classes, 2 difficulty levels
>10-12 possible playthroughs
>unskippable cutscenes & shitty intros
how can a developer be that retarded?
>>
gotta make sure the memes are dank enough this time
>>
File: gun types.jpg (328 KB, 1416x1015) Image search: [Google]
gun types.jpg
328 KB, 1416x1015
>>
>>
>>345421887
>>345421718
These, I always had a gun I liked the feel of in BL1, but BL2 I settled with gun I found 'usable', but felt terrible.

Pre-sequel I couldn't even find a character I wanted to play. Then again I was kind of spoiled by how OP Siren was in BL1.
>>
>>345421429
Burch was one of them though.

Wrote it while he was cucking himself and his wife was getting banged by different dudes every night.
>>
>>345420925
Take out the sjw writing/dialogue
>>
They can't. It goes to show what a poor state the game is in when the Telltale spin-off was better written and utilized the universe better than the source material.

If we lived in some parallel universe where a franchise heading into mediocrity would have radical changes rather than staying the course and cutting content out to re-sell later, they might be able to make some changes to make the series have something compelling in it. As it is now it's just a shoot and loot, possibly one of the most cancerous genres in gaming now.
>>
File: weapon scaling.jpg (72 KB, 543x600) Image search: [Google]
weapon scaling.jpg
72 KB, 543x600
>>
>>345420925
Let's not forget Duke Nukem, and that Aliens game. Gearbox just doesn't have a good track record, and I don't know why anybody expects anything good out of them.
>>
File: BL2 drop rate.png (2 MB, 711x4000) Image search: [Google]
BL2 drop rate.png
2 MB, 711x4000
>>
>>345420925
Playable torgue also bring in the bl2 characters like they did for the bl1 characters.
>>
File: 1455889824529.jpg (22 KB, 630x351) Image search: [Google]
1455889824529.jpg
22 KB, 630x351
>>345420925
Why bother making a third? You fucking casual ass faggots didn't appreciate the 2nd enough that the Pre-Sequel was made in your fucking image and you detested it. No one cared enough about the gameplay so they focused on memes, dialogue, and pandered to the gays.

Because no one fully understood what the game's genre actually was and what made it unique, they figured they could save money since their vocal demographic just did one or two playthroughs and because no one wanted to do OP levels or Digistruct they figured there'd be no need to include more RNG farming, raids, or character development beyond level 30-36.

Eat shit, faggots.
>>
>>345420925
I honestly don't think they can make a good game. It's going to be full of SJW pandering, and they're going to make the mechanics even worse. They have a good IP, on a 'unique' genre, with good art, interesting universe and likable characters, but it fails on the two major things that make a game good, which is story and gameplay. BL2 went downhill incredibly fast, regarding both the terrible writing and the way guns, leveling and difficulty worked. And they're going to do it again, so don't get your hopes up.
>>
The biggest fuck up with Borderlands as a series was making a sequel
prove me wrong: you can't
>>
>>345422023
I think there's maybe four difficulties now, and yeah 6 characters
>>
>>345420925
Bring back S&S and Atlas Guns. You know, the ones that arent gimmicky shit.
>>
>>345421718
Honestly, most of the issues I had with 1 was more with how some of the visuals looked and the shitty network system for finding groups or playing with friends. Fix those, and it is MUCH better.
>>
>even in borderlands threads people are shitting on battleborn

why

i was bored and watched a full 20 minute BB game as montana

it looked fun as fuck. granted, montana had a few cringe lines, but 80% of them were decent or chuckle worthy

>>345422023
what
you're forgetting about the third difficulty level
so that's 18 possible playthroughs
and every playthrough takes at least 25 hours

sounds like goty to me
>>
>>345420925
Not let that loser write for the game or be any part of the process. Except maybe a "Hey, could you ask your sister to call our office? We have a voice role she may be a fit for"
>>
>>345422532
But 2 was better than 1 in almost every single way, except maybe the writing. Not that the writing was ever good, but turning Roland into a nig, Lilith being into blacks, Mordecai into a Mexican charicature, and Bloodwing into a tranny was pretty awful.
>>
Give me Duke as a vault hunter and I will forgive everything else to date.
>>
>>345422561
none of them were gimmicky shit in the original
>>
>>345422707
Burch isn't working on Gearbox anymore, but it doesn't really matter, since the whole company has gone full SJW.
>>
>>345422587
>BL1
the visuals were shit
they had literally no story/dialogue/motivation to do anything

>BL2
graphical improvement
better flow of combat
better UI and a whole bunch of other features
added more unique grenades and shields
legendary grenades, class mods, and shields
forces retarded grinding for absolutely no reason
made legendaries and certain uniques to be better than any purple you can find
shit writing
>>
>>345422768
BL1's writing wasn't great but it was a decent setup for a great game. 6-7/10
BL2's writing was shit but the gameplay was fucking amazing
>>
Make it more like Stalker and TftB.

Ditch Pandora. Kil Anthony Burch.

Start clean, with a new, previously occupied but now untamed world. Let it be about all the various corporations first making serious landfall on it, maybe in search for a Vault or something. Let the player be a mercenary, who can choose what corporation he wants to be sponsored by, in a wave of mercenaries contracted by said corporations to explore the world beyond their safe outposts, map the land and find out what resources and technology there are there.

Have exploration be a huge part of it, have awesome vistas like Borderlands 2 could pull off from time to time [desert with giant mountain-sized skeletons, anyone?], focus more on varied hostile wildlife and dangerous security systems rather than "hilarious" bandits.

Let gameplay be about recovering relics and lost tech from these ruins so your standing with your sponsor increases and you get access to increasingly better equipment and technology.
>>
>>345420925
It's easy anon, they make it super BaDAsS
>>
File: 1440656285797.png (2 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
1440656285797.png
2 KB, 184x172
Borderlands 1 is honestly one of my favorite games.
2 just felt like a goddamn fucking disaster, and I was bored within the first 30 minutes of playing, locked in the same shitty ice map, while in 1, I was at least exploring the Mad Max-like setting. I think the quirky humor of 2 really turned me off of it, at least in 1 you didn't have people screaming in your ear every 5 seconds.
>>
>>345422847
>the visuals were shit
that was their art style
>they had literally no story/dialogue/motivation to do anything
the game wasn't centered around story. It was about blowing shit up, shooting shit with a million different guns and killing big ass monsters
>>
>>345420925
They can't siphon funds off of another Aliens game to make this one better though.

Combine this with how much of a colossal failure Battleborn is, and this just might be what kills their company.
>>
>>345422285
I remember using the vault glitch in the pirate dlc to get into the vault unlimited amount of times. Opened about30 chests everytime? Got one legendary for like every 40th or 50th run.
>>
>>345422140
>but BL2 I settled with gun I found 'usable', but felt terrible.
Pretty much this, snipers are the only thing that feel like they do any damage at all and they still take two to three critical hits to actually kill stuff past level 30.

Assault Rifles almost always came with horrendously bad mods like "Fires as fast as you can pull the trigger" which meant never hitting past the first shot or Torgue which meant needing to be point blank.
Shotguns came in "Firing increases accuracy" which was the only usable thing, and "Consumes x Ammo" but only came with 2 or 3 shots in the magazine so it was utterly worthless. Hell, if you don't get a shotgun with "Firing increases accuracy" you might as well throw it away as it'll either have a horrendous magazine or consume crazy amounts of ammo.
SMGs felt like their accuracy went straight into the garbage and almost always had Tediore reloads so it took forever to get your gun back on top of being super weak.
Revolvers were all "Consumes x Ammo" and were annoying to get in the first place.
Pistols were worthless as they were almost always E-Tech so the enemy you shot at would take ages to die.
Rocket Launchers pretty much have to be specced into to actually use.

In BL1 the worst thing you could ever get was an Assault Rifle with 3-burst and a 12 round magazine. Pretty much everything you found was usable and you didn't have to go hunting for legendaries at all unless you truly wanted to min/max your class. Meanwhile in BL2 you're basically forced into a Bee route or to farm legendaries just to get by the midway of your second playthrough.
>>
>>345422484
I feel like they would make a sidequest about someone making a Ghostbusters type film in the game and you have to kill all the evil men critics that hate it because women.
>>
>>345422854
BL2 had Handsome Jack though, who I unironically thought was pretty goddamn funny and overall a good villian. I also enjoyed him in Tales from the Borderlands. I never played the Pre Sequel because Gearbox is too jewish to make a GOTY edition with everything like the others and I refuse to spend $30 on BL2.5, but I believe they also made Jack in that game too so I can understand over-saturation of the character.
>>
>>345421959
>>345422137
these two are the biggest ones that pissed me off. Enemy fucking health, on top of I HOPE YOU LOVE WEAPON SWAPPING AND PAINT EVERY ENEMY PURPLE FIRST

jesus fuck it was awful, it was actually ok on the first run because enemy hp hadn't gotten TOO retarded yet.

also they need to bring back playable gaige to make me even consider this game.
>>
>>345423092
everything besides handsome jack, though.
also the most hilarious thing is jack's best lines were made up by the VA
Cell LITERALLY saved borderlands 2
jesus christ

>spend 30$ on bl2.5
time to get that ps4 you've always wanted, you can get the handsome collection for 23$ used
>>
File: 7482926254.gif (745 KB, 500x195) Image search: [Google]
7482926254.gif
745 KB, 500x195
>>345421378
We already know where that went anon.
>>
Tfw borderlands 3 will be a more serious tlou clone where you are a bandit protecting a bandit child from other bandits
>>
>>345422903
I just loved playing co-op and fighting spider ants. I can't remember what area but I know we found a trick to have a pretty much constant flow of those little fuckers spawning with 4 people.
>>345422962
I remember in Bl1 farming all the chests in New Haven for hours on end until they patched it.

Pestilent Defiler will forever be one of my favorite video game revolvers
>>
>>345423221
Nah, they will try to salvage whatever the fuck they tried to do with Battleborn, but this time actually put it in the Borderlands universe.
>>
>>345422847
>graphical improvement
Just slightly higher textures, but it lacks the same style the original game had.
>better flow of combat
Not really, every enemy became a bullet sponge after the first few levels. The scaling was fucking terrible.
>better UI and a whole bunch of other features
Minimal changes, but the only good thing they added was the ability to pick up ammo and whatnot by walking over it.
>made legendaries and certain uniques to be better than any purple you can find
That's a lie, most of the legendaries were fucking terrible, and the fact that they only dropped off of bosses made it worse.

I think one of my biggest problems in 2 that doesn't relate to the awful writing and terrible story and characters was that they made things like the gun shop and whatnot useless by having nothing other than shitty greens and maybe a blue be sold. There was no point in ever buying a gun because they were all shit.
My first playthrough of 2 was me playing Zer0, and honestly it was one of the worst experiences of my gaming life. I can only play as Gaige with a rocket shotty with Ricochet because of how much better it feels.
>>
>>345423092
They made the handsome jack edition. I think the ps3 has a version with all games
>>
>>345423198
I can't even imagine trying to play this shit on consoles. I used to be a console peasant a decade ago, but any time someone wants me to play Halo or whatever, it's an embarrassing affair.
>>
>>345423114
Fuckk and dying in like four shots
>>
>>345422923
i mean their LOD. it's very noticeable. and there was nothing wrong about what little writing/dialogue nd backstory they had. there was simply not enough of it.

BL2's writing already fucked that up though. There is no going back now. All they had to do was explore further on BL1's backstory.

Maybe have an Atlas resurgence build a clone army and have a kidnapped scientist develop the technology from failed alien research notes about prolonging their race's longevity.

Maybe have Dahl finally return and lay claim to the entire planet of Pandora after they realized how important the resources and artifacts were.

It doesn't have to be any of that. Anything is better than forced memes and SJW cuckery.
>>
>>345423054
I agree

Assault Rifles doubled as machine guns that you could just spray bullets. Very rarely were they ever worth using for anything other than spraying bullets. I sometimes found legit LMG's with belt fed ammo but they almost always had some trait of "uses 2 ammo per shot" which made them laughably undesirable. Any rifle that had "fires as fast as you can pull the trigger" was horribly inaccurate despite the ratings

The only shotguns I ever found useful were the ones that had lots of pellets and an effect to them. More pellets meant more chance at lighting something on fire or something. There really wasn't anything else to them unless you happened to get one with a huge ass magazine and a huge ass rate of fire. Torque shotguns were always useless since they only had 2-3 shots.

Maliwan SMG's were the only useful ones because they had the best effects.

Revolvers were dumb and largely pointless since you had to constantly click to get them to work. Only ones I've ever used are the grenade revolvers and the ones with a bonus to head shot/critical hit damage

regular pistols were as worthless as revolvers and as worthless as assault rifles.

Rocket launchers were only good as last ditch high damage shit and you had to put huge perks into them just to get it to work
>>
>>345423198
the best lines for jack was made up on the spot? I mean I always thought he was the diamond int he giant pile of shit, but that really seals the deal.

The question is how much of his lines in both games were his on the spot stuff?
>>
>>345423465
>Atlas
i mean Crimson Lance
>>
>>345423405
eh, aim assist is always an option. you get used to aiming on consoles eventually. PS4 edition doesn't seem like a downgrade from PC, i've lagged in one or two areas (but one area which always lagged like hell, the washburne refinery, actually lags less on PS4)

biggest loss is the nvidia physx

also
>battleborn's only alive on consoles
>>
I found BL2 to be fun when playing as Gaige since her anarchy style goes completely against the normal way of playing.
>>
>>345423351
>I can only play as Gaige with a rocket shotty with Ricochet because of how much better it feels.
I wish you could've just said this from the beginning so I didn't have to read this wall of shit.

Seeing as how Zer0 is objectively the 2nd or 3rd most broken character, you don't know what you're talking about while you probably cheesed through the game Shamfleeting.
>>
>>345423509
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/2013/09/inside-the-box-writing-handsome-jack/
check out the bottom, burch admits it himself
i think i can tell what lines burch wrote. jack has a ton of super dry lines, like during the fight in the overlook town
>>
>>345423561
I only used aim assist because enemies were stupidly difficult to track sometimes.

Some enemies had auto aim themselves so there was barely a point to dodging in some cases
>>
I got like half way through the Pirate DLC before I got bored and sick of the betrayal jokes from the Captain but I do fondly recall the color palette of the location and enemies. I know Pandora is mostly a desert but damn I really loved the tropical colors, really made everything pop if I recall correctly.
>>
>>345423571
It use to have an insane op build before a patch too. Dont get why they patch things like these in games where you dont fight other people. Like the bee and that one shotgun combo.
>>
>>345423496
Shotguns can be useful if they have the following:
>Firing increases accuracy
>A magazine of 5 or more
>An elemental
If you manage to pull that lottery ticket then they can be really good. I have a level 24 one I got from Moxxi that I'm still using at like 38 because nothing has topped it so far due to the DPS plus the element chance is absurd.
>>
so, to you guys that liked BL2, why haven't you tried battleborn yet? i've watched probably half an hour of gameplay and it looks like absolute solid gold. same cartoony kind of stuff as BL, except it's a team shooter
>>
Make Torgue like he was in 2, not in Pre-Sequel
>>
>>345423772
0.05 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>345422847

>forces retarded grinding for absolutely no reason

If you did quests you could level up quickly, or grind it out as I chose to do, either way was fine, sorry you didn't enjoy a first person RPG

>made legendaries and certain uniques to be better than any purple you can find

No shit, the legendaries are SUPPOSED to be good, that's why they're gold'n shit.

Everything else you listed was good though, cept the writing, it turned 1's no-story into a meh story. Not shitty, but meh. Too much exposition and too many cutscenes. Save those for bosses, not Jack spoon-feeding you plot.

>>345423351

>and the fact that they only dropped off of bosses made it worse.

I got lucky and actually found a few for sale in the vending machines. Also I got two out of the slot machines in moxxxi's when you get three vault symbols. Twice in like three years of me owning the game and dumping probably close to 100 million on that shit.

You have to be decently leveled to find anything good in the machines, cept maybe Zed machines, they have good stuff all the time.

And in a grindy RPG game with fucking raid bosses you can kill over and over and over again it's only logical to put the best shit in their pockets and force you to pry them out.
>>
>>345423772
>why haven't you tried battleborn yet?
After the Pre-Sequel I have major trust issues with Gearbox. If the game went F2P or about $10-$20 I'd pick up Battleborn, but I'm not paying full retail anything.
>>
>>345423813
What was he like in that? I couldn't get through it.
>>
>>345423835
so anything not legendary should be shit then? you should be able to find a good purple. it shouldn't always happen, but it should be possible.

That is balance. That makes you want to look in shops. That makes you want to use in-game currency.
>>
File: 314124234.jpg (567 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
314124234.jpg
567 KB, 3024x4032
>>345423853
It's 9 yuros. You'd still be pretty stupid for wasting more than 2 bucks on a dead game.
>>
>>345423571
It's also the only way to beat some bosses quickly because anarchy means her damage output is crazy high enough to actually eat through their spongey hp. Max anarchy makes it like a hot knife through butter.

>>345423883
I'm sorry I have to be the one to show you this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG_VItFUEEI

And I loved Torgue in 2. That was my favorite dlc.
>>
>>345423720
This. I forgot this was also something that pissed me off, they loved to NERF THE FUCK OUT OF THE PLAYERS for no goddamn reason most the time. Like its a coop shooter, what the shit. it aint no mmo.

i'm actually worried what they've done to gaige and... autoaim bitch in presequel since I last played

and it probably doesnt even need to be said but legendarys might as well of not existed for how rare they were.
>>
>>345420925
>What could they do to make it great?!
Cancel it, this series hasn't had a single good game yet and BL3 isn't on track to being any better.
>>
>>345423853
Fair enough. The Pre-Sequel was developed by 2K Australia, though. And even then, it wasn't -bad- so much as it was a downgrade from BL2. I've finished it twice and come close another once, I think.

I personally trust Gearbox due to pretty much being influenced by their games at every stage of my life
>opposing force when a kid
>BL1 when a tween
>DNF (i enjoyed it, it was a high-tier CoD clone, maybe 7.75-8) when young teen
>BL2 and TPS when young adult

>>345423827
>order off amazon
>estimated arrival is aug 3
i have too much fucking hype and all i can do is talk about battleborn but i only know one friend who played battleborn
poor fucker got 100 hours on PC before the playerbase started to decline
>>
>>345423995
Kill me
>>
>>345423983
it's not dead on consoles though. sold 2-3.4x as much on Xbone / PS4 respectively. And I've heard the PS4 playerbase is actually growing.
>>
>>345423835
>I got lucky
you played it after the patch then.

see >>345422285
>>
File: tomoko upset.jpg (40 KB, 505x571) Image search: [Google]
tomoko upset.jpg
40 KB, 505x571
>>345423995

Why would they do that? I was fine with his line of A TRUE BADASS ALWAYS TREATS A LADY WITH RESPECT in 2 because that's not even feminism, that's just being a proper gentlemen.

But the whole "the friendzone isn't real" bullshit? That's just a straight up line used in feminism.
>>
>>345423285
>>345423221
i hope they get so assmad that they go completely anti-SJW (or at least anti-Political Correct) as possible
>>
>>345422137
How did they fuck up the scaling that hard in 2?
They had it fine with 1, but in 2 it just seems like they decided to just go YAAAY MORE NUMBERS and you get some asinine 100k+ values what really just mean shit and just needlessly complicates things
>>
>>345422962
I found it funny with the seraph crystal shit.

>Seraph Crystals are a shitty commodity that you barely get any of, you could only get from a raid boss every 24 hours, and they went out of their way to make sure you can't solo raid bosses
>the shit you can buy with them are worse than legendaries

did they ever fix that raid boss shit? This isn't a god damn MMO
>>
>enjoying circle of slaughter
back when i was playing BL2 on PC (a year ago) i fucking hated this shit. but now i'm actually enjoying it

huh
>>
>>345424495
idk I was able to solo the Son of Crawmerax pretty easily

It took fucking forever but I did it
>>
File: Loader_Bot_1_Zero_Sum.png (709 KB, 557x681) Image search: [Google]
Loader_Bot_1_Zero_Sum.png
709 KB, 557x681
>>345423114
Man, even on the first run it was a pain to go through certain areas. Anything with Loaders made me want to die, especially those ones with rockets on them. Even with corrosive on them it felt like you were doing nothing at all since every time you killed one another five took their place and to kill one meant like five to seven seconds of focus just on that one Loader.
>>
>>345420925
GTFO, Randy. We're tired of your shit.
>>
>enjoying circle of slaughter
back when i was playing BL2 on PC (a year ago) i fucking hated this shit. but now i'm actually enjoying it

huh

>>345424441
battleborn seems to have toned down the jewry a lot
that "FEMINISM IS AWESOME" line everyone keeps quoting? it's badly written, sure, but it's used when a male character kills a woman
>>
>>345424495

I dont believe so but I haven't played for like two years. The game only ever got worse with each patch from what I remember. If they upped the drop rate that might be cool but I don't really see a point without any cool builds or combos anymore
>>
A part of me can't forgive the BL franchise because it's the reason you can't praise anything around here anymore without being called a shill.
>>
Borderlands is such fucking shit how does anyone like it? Honestly fuck your greentext posts and replacing "borderlands" with any game post or reaction images

Shit is grindy mmo shit with a washed out gray filter and absolutely not funny or intereting characters, character designs or story. theres too many weapons to have any focus and they all feel like weak pea shooters.

grinding in a gun game makes so little fuck sense.
"oh i got stronger, so now somehow my gun hits harder?" that makes no fucking sense. it would if it was a sword

but jesus fuck the entire thing is actually gray mass. if this is all that video games were i doubt many people would play games at all.

its the fucking epitome, the very DEFINITION of blandness and boredom.

How the fuck does anyone with a functioning brain look at this garbage fucking series for more than 10 or 15 seconds without falling asleep

god damn no wonder video games have gone to shit. because you fucks eat up dumpster shit like this
>>
>>345424685
god fucking damn it it told me i mistyped the captcha.

>>345424648
was that the 5th mini dlc boss? that guy wasn't that hard
>>
>>345424480
Especially when you get to a point where those high numbers still barely do anything to enemies with practically infinite health
>>
>>345424741
tldr
>>
>>345424654
oh right, I forgot about loaders and bots. I vaguely remember sniping them in the eye nonstop to actually kill anything, and I'm pretty sure I had edited my text file for golden keys because why the fuck not.

Granted I never got very far in second runs of the game because of how tanky shit got, and only with gaige did I ever truly have fun and get to 50 because you stacked so much damage it felt like you went back to shooting guns instead of nerf guns shooting kittens.

>>345424741
because of the "fun with friends meme" im 100% certain some fuck will come here and defend it with such, when watching paint dry can be fun with friends.

if a game has to be defended with the friends excuse its probably a shitty game if it cant stand on its own.
>>
>guys how do we make more than a Bajillion guns?
>i know
>let's remove the explosive element and force that on a sole manufacturer
>then we replace it with an element that is so weak you cannot kill anything on its own so to fix this we create a status effect that increases the damage done if you're not using that elemental type
>let's remove revolvers and merge that with pistols
>then let's remove a ton of shotguns from the game
>then we make assault rifles absolute shit
>then we transform a beloved manufacturer and turn it into complete shit
>finally we take out an entire manufacturer altogether
>SHIP IT
>>
>>345424742
iirc he's a raid boss
at the least, you had to pay Eridium to fight him
>>
File: CmRrFxIWAAAewjQ.jpg (61 KB, 473x524) Image search: [Google]
CmRrFxIWAAAewjQ.jpg
61 KB, 473x524
>>345420925
we need more dlcs and triple or quadruped season passes randy pls
>>
File: Fucking bazinga.png (7 KB, 1027x65) Image search: [Google]
Fucking bazinga.png
7 KB, 1027x65
>>345422773
You sure about that anon?
>>
Gearbox will find a way to crash it into the ground. I expect no white males, and all white females will be ROLANDED or lesbian, calling it. How many explicitly straight characters are there in Borderlands anyway? I think the list ends at Roland and maybe Lilith I think.
>>
>>345421336
Watch them hire some acclaimed writer, have zero memes and make all the women damsels, and get the shit kicked out of them for it.
>>
>>345424741
Stop like what i dont like!
>>
>>345424867
Normally I'd agree, but Borderlands was explicitly designed to be multiplayer, and is literally impossible to have fun on your own. Too much hinges on having a second player.
>>
>>345425160
not literally but close to it, as I somehow can enjoy things the first time through before I know how awful some shit is

although I think I had played this crap with friends god this WOULD be awful solo

this is one of the rare cases where it probably doesnt need to stand on its own, but honestly a game should not be designed as such. if they wanted to make a coop only game they should of made it better.
>>
desu i really enjoyed my first playthrough of borderlands 1 an 2, except endgame of borderlands 2 was complete shit. You were forced to play with a full group to get anything or do anything.
>>
>>345425160
>>345425303
wrong
i've never had constant access to good internet
i played BL1, TPS, and BL2 all offline multiple times, though i probably totaled 10 hours online in BL2
>>
>>345424382
To be fair that was only one line in a sidequest if you chose the better reward.
Mostly he's just bitching about lasers which is kinda annoying because lasers are great.

Even in TPS that line was out of place. Fucking Burch.
>>
File: 1450866100011.jpg (60 KB, 285x433) Image search: [Google]
1450866100011.jpg
60 KB, 285x433
>>345424937
Oh Christ...
>>
>>345422532
>Biggest fuckup was making another game
>Not that they didn't improve things in the sequel
>Nope the problem is that there is more than one
>Are you fucking retarded
>No seriously are you a fucking retard
>>
>>345424495
i remember them being so bad that they had to get buffed in a patch. then UVHM came out and you could no longer get Seraph Crystals in TVHM, not even if they were previously level-scaled which are much weaker than the ones you could buy in UVHM.
>>
>>345420925
What the hell is Bord 3 Rlands?
>>
1. do not bring back slag
2. do not make enemy HP and damage scale exponential

there, I just fixed what ruined BL2
all they need to do is focus on more interesting areas, weapons, skills and enemies
>>
>>345425570

This reminds me of a stupid post I once made on another website. It's not funny or clever.
>>
File: Vermivorous.png (28 KB, 815x923) Image search: [Google]
Vermivorous.png
28 KB, 815x923
>>345424741
>>345424867
>"fun with friends meme"
>>
>>345425409
Nigger I didn't ask for anecdotes.
Also
>online
It's the one game that is multiplat that I honestly recommend playing in the most casual manner: couch with a buddy. And if you think friends are for losers, just think of him as a Borderlands peripheral.
>>
>>345425635

See shit like this is why I eventually just said fuck it and gave myself the damn legendary with a save editor.
>>
>>345425674
i didn't say friends were for losers, just that the game is perfectly playable offline and i enjoyed it fully

i actually find online a bit annoying due to loot squabbling
>>
>>345420925
Gearbox cannot do anything right and that's just a fact of the company.

With the Duke Nukem license, they had to tank Interceptor for making two Duke Nukem games due to the fact that even in their unfinished states, they were far beyond what Forever was at release and they wanted to protect what little sales they had.

With the contract for an Alien game, they stole money that was meant for Colonial Marines and used it for the production of Borderlands content. This resulted in the absolute mess Colonial Marines became, SEGA putting Gearbox through a lawsuit, and SEGA then making their own game which resulted in the masterpiece of Isolation.

Even their flagship is a mess of stolen content. Marketing pieces for Borderlands 2 were stolen from amateur artists. The entire aesthetic for the games was stolen from Codehunters. Then there's elements like the first game's technical aspect being little beyond Baby's First UDK game. When they give the license to someone else, even messes like The Pre-Sequel are a better step as a sequel than Borderlands 2, and TellTale was able to absolutely nail the about everything except animations in Tales from the Borderlands.

Gearbox was a company that never should have happened and has been coasting for almost two decades due to Opposing Force, Brothers in Arm, and Borderlands 1.
>>
File: 8482581.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
8482581.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>345425635
Fucking shit, the idea of Vermivorous should have been fucking scrapped the second it hit the fucking table I mean FUCK just look at those fucking numbers
Who the FUCK thought that would be fucking fun? It is literally the single worst thought to have ever seen completion.
>>
>>345425790
>the pre-sequel is better than borderlands 2
>in any universe

are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>345424146
>Doesn't have friends to play Borderlands 1 with
Ow, the edge.
>>
We've had a bunch of these threads recently, do you think Gearbox is probing for ideas?

Anyway what Bl3 needs is the following
> Linear scaling
> Bl1 style gun generation, but hopefully with even more different parts and variety
> Gore, at least as gorey as Bl1, hopefully even better making use of newer tech
> Revolvers being a seperate class to pistols (or ideally "Light pistols" and "Heavy Pistols" so there can be variety while keeping 2 district weapon classes)
> Rewarding loot, make chests give good drops and make high end bosses spray loot everywhere like Crawmerax did in Bl1. If you use Bl1's loot system you can drop 5+ legendaries every kill and people will still be hunting the absolute perfect guns 7 years later.
> Don't make the only reliable source of certain guns (or any legendary whatsoever) be mini bosses with a 3% chance to drop. It's completly against the coop nature of the game since save/quit and try again is the only way to get stuff you want.
> Enemies should drop what they are holding, like in Bl1. Give a certain type of Bandit a high(ish) chance to weild a certain legendary SMG, so instead of killing a mini boss 50 times for a drop, you clear an area with a high population of that enemy type a bunch of times. Possibly multiple areas.
> Other fun ways to get loot, EG a giant fire Skag boss who drops legendaries frequently but he only ever drops fire elemental guns. So he's good for certain needs, but not others. Stuff like that.
> Improved duelling and PVP, all that needs to be done is add a PVP specific damage reduction so you don't 3 shot people with SMGs at high level. It's a minor part of the game, but it's an incredibly easy fix and who knows it might become popular.
> Raid bosses that are interesting and mechanic based fights not DPS and Healing checks. Crawmerax and Son of Crawmerax are the best ones, Hyperious and Voracadious with thier litteral unavoidable nova spam are the worst.
> Bl1 elemental style, but explain it this time.
>>
>>345423883
Voiced by the guy who did mr.satan in dbz and was funny as shit, best part of the game next to Jack
>>
>>345425618
That's a shame because I find idiotic responses or failed attempts at being funny to actually be funny
>>
>>345425773
My buds and I got around that by splitting it up evenly, where SMGs go to one guy ARs to the next, so on. Things usually got traded and whatnot, but it ends the initial squabble of who gets what, and class mods were easy because we all chose different classes. Fuck me those shields though.
>>
File: The shit.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
The shit.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
A MAKE YOUR OWN CHARACTER thing with shitloads of character customization.

Class system

Tree/Skill system is mostly replaced with an intricate relic system ala the sphere grid.

Better guns

Slag that is useable in weapons is eaten by alien bugs making it rare as fuck and is mostly relegated to bombs.

Can personalize guns. But only one or two because alien powers and other bullshit.
The rest are drops.

Handsome jack fuses with the body of the warrior because of reasons and becomes a leto 2 god emperor kind of character takes hyperion up to a quasi religious thing and basically takes over pandora.
Everyone gets to sanctuary and the ships and they get the fuck out of dodge on the SS Sanctuary and they go to a new world.

Roland was plowing Tannis blind and she goes nuts after he dies and she brings him back as a cyborg or AI for sanctuary.

Hour long video of ashley burch getting dp'd and eiffel towered by lex steel and danny d while she does the tiny tina voice
>>
>>345423995
Mr. Satan still can't get over being shit can he?
>>
>>345420925
The Pre-Memequel wasn't developed by Randy's shitty company though
>>
>>345426053

Sure but it's not funny in the way Anon intended it, which is what I commented on.
>>
>>345425976
Would like different outfits instead of recolors. Or even just wardrobe pieces to equip for better defense and whatever else besides just the shield.
>>
>>345425976
>all bosses and unique enemies are always respawning
>Unique red text weapons level scale with the player

i agree with you about gun variety. There shouldn't be less guns. There should always be more. Even if the guns are shit as long as you have any chance of finding a really good purple.

Even more distinct weapon classes like in BL1 (Repeaters vs Machine Pistols, Combat Shotguns vs Assault Shotguns)
>>
>>345425954
I played BL1 with friends, it still wasn't a good game and we were all left wondering what the fuck was the point after that ending. You AND your friends have shit taste in both shooters and Diablo clones if you think Borderlands is good, it's easily the worst AAA franchise out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 429x343
>>345424480
> 100k+ values

Oh sweet summer child, how little you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zysAsz-7Rp4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmaEYM1Cvg

I want you to watch this video and decide for yourself if Gearbox cares about their games
>>
>>345420925
steal
alternatively just remove the fucking diablo item system
>>
>>345425928
>bosses have at least SOMETHING different to each one instead of poorly coded bulletsponge that sometimes moves in a circle
>treats Vault Hunters as thugs that help like the first game instead of automatic heroes and saviors
>the descent of Jack is decently written and leaves room for the player to decide if he bad instead of the writers telling you over and over that he's always an insane villain
>the original Vault Hunters have ok dialogue, gives them decent reactions to the story based on their characters, and properly shows that Lilith is the real villain
>movement methods are top tier beyond just relevance to the rest of the series
>more characterization for the playable characters
>many areas are varied while sticking to an overall core theme instead of being disjointed in design

The Pre-Sequel still isn't good but it's leagues ahead of BL2 in any regard.
>>
>>345422285
Yeah I still remember my first pestilent defiler. And that's something that made Borderlands 2 such a drag to me (I also didnt like the colorful new environment, I thought the trash and all that brown in the first game worked)

I do remember being able to buy those pestilent defilers from the vendor machines, among other legendaries. That was pretty neat in itself because every now and again I could outfit myself with decent weapons and still go out and look for other, better weapons, which dropped at a decent rate.

To make Borderlands 2 droprate thing worse, there was a good possibility on a lot of bosses that the loot could fall off a cliff. I think "Mordecai's bird" boss and Crawermax were good examples of that.

I tried to like BL2 but I just couldn't.
>>
>mfw sns lmgs looked like some modern lmgs and were okay but I liked them anyway

>only bandits get lmgs and htey're garbage half he time or rare as balls

I keep trying to get back into 2 but I can't just get rolling with the guns work.
>>
>>345426386
you forgot
>every area is the fucking moon
>no enemy variety
>low gravity platforming is annoying as fuck
>lasers are shit
>no raid bosses
>almost no quests compared to BL2
>barely any DLC compared to BL2
>incredibly reduced number of customization heads
>adds even more retcon to BL2's already hideous retcon adventure
>BL2's writing except it's even more autistic with australian humor
>>
>>345426482
I remember warriors drops could fall in lava or get stuck under him. Not sure if that still happens.
>>
>>345424382
>TRUE BADASS ALWAYS TREATS A LADY WITH RESPECT

No you treat LADIES with the type of respect that a man gives to a respectable woman. You treat people until they show they are not worth it with a certain level of respect.
Common whores and assholes deserve nothing but simple courtesy.
>>
>>345426386
>>345426620

don't get me wrong, anon. i get what you're saying. if you ignore the absurd amount of flaws in the pre-sequel, then it is quite clearly the superior game
>>
>>345426290
I'll be sure to go back in time 7 years to tell my younger self that enjoying video games is bad.
>>
>>345425071
1.Damsel is unisex. You unclutured buffoon
2.The first thing we do in the game is save multiple male damsels.
3.BITCHES IN THE REAL WORLD LIKE BEING RESCUED
4.Shut up.
>>
>>345424741
I try to be open minded with borderlands and I can at least understand how someone could like the jokes and the world if they hadn't been introduced to a lot of that kind of "random" humor. But the gameplay really redefines mindnumbing, fucking load bullets into bullet sponges endlessly while strafing back and forth while waiting for your ONE useable ability to queue up is just so damn bland that its impossible for me to play for more than 10 mins. But then I think the success of f2p games in the market has shown the average consumer is very weak to the allure of seeing a number go up.
>>
>>345426942
Enjoying Borderlands is a sign of having an abnormally low IQ
>>
>>345426357
Eugh.
>>
>>345427134
For being against a meme game it sure is odd how you love spouting meme opinions.
>>
>>345426687
I saw that happen on the first fight against Mordecai's bird. All that loot fell outside the arena. At that moment I knew I will never get that sniper rifle.

Funny enough, I don't remember a whole lot about the boss fights from Borderlands 2 or the weapons except that one pistol that shot zig zag bullets. On the other hand, I do remember a lot of boss fights and weapons from Borderlands 1.
>>
>>345421718
I don't remember even being aware of the different gun parts in borderlands,

how do people get into learning this stuff?
>>
>>345423960

I've found plenty of purple things that were better than legendaries. I'm using one right now in fact because they have the effects I want and need for the character instead of just slapping legendaries on everything.

The only thing legendaries are truly the best thing at is for class mods and maybe relics if you can find one, otherwise all the other gear you can find is probably good enough for your needs. The legendaries are just to show off, in my opinion. Digital dick waving, is what i'm saying. The only decent legendary I've found is Sledge's Shotgun, but it only has three shots before a reload and I need to be up in the guy's face and have him slagged for it to be of any use.

Some of them Volcano sniper rifles maliwan makes are good though, and I found one that shoots giant balls of lightning, that was cool too.
>>
>>345426305

>that pathetic launcher

Found one with almost 3 mil. Tunguska ruins all shit in the immediate area. Great final attack weapons.
>>
Cancel the game, move on from cell shading and the universe they stole from a short animated film.

Then take a vote and dismiss all staff who think memes should exist in the industry.

Then apologise from Battleborn and scrub all voice actors, writers and designers from the team to demonstrate they understand what they did wrong.

Make a different game

repeat as necessary
>>
No more memes
All new cast
Multiple abilities
Crafting
More enemy variety
Big fucking bosses, like building sized bosses
4 player campaign co-op, 8 player survival or standalone mission mode
New art direction
>>
>>345425976
Bl1 sound fx and gibbing.
I think only the bandit assault rifles sounded like they had any heft to them.
Most guns in 2 sounded completely gutless.
>>
File: 1466311092340.jpg (179 KB, 1000x930) Image search: [Google]
1466311092340.jpg
179 KB, 1000x930
>>345420925
>What could they do to make it great?!
Why bother making it great when you know your fans will buy it no matter what?
>>
Bring in whoever wrote the Telltale series, tales was genuinely good.

Have more than 4 classes, I'd like a character ain to the Voodoo dude in Diablo 3. I just love having guys fuck shit up for me and I just micro manage them.

Probably won't make it a great game but fuck you give me a voodoo man

Infact what games let me play as someone that controls the undead
>>
>>345425976
TORGUE COBRA.
>>
>>345429193
play the first game
>>
>>345420925
No matter what, they seem to pull through with this series somehow. Reminder that Borderlands 2 came after Duke Nukem and fucking Colonial Marines.

Also reminder that the Pre-Sequel was made by a different studio.

I'm not even that much of a fan of the series, but I have a feeling it will be decent.
>>
>>345430728
they didn't even make DNF
>>
>>345430419

>crafting

>acquire millions of guns and break them down into component parts, slapping together shit from various manufacturers to make frankenguns

No joke, I'd probably spend thousands of hours doing this trying to make shit for my characters and other people.
>>
File: 2mwfr1nxsqy0.png (19 KB, 402x184) Image search: [Google]
2mwfr1nxsqy0.png
19 KB, 402x184
>raiding post game bosses when Gibbed editor exist
>>
>>345430534
The pre-sequel shit tanked and Battleborn is so objectively bad that it seems like they made it shit on purpose.
>>
>>345431308
>battleborn is so objectively bad
have you watched any of the gameplay?
i have and i'm hyped as fucking hell. i ordered it off amazon for 40$ yesterday
it looks so fucking good.

>randy pitchford: *makes good game*
>randy pitchford: alright now we just release this beast into the wild
>randy pitchford: game like this? it'll fucking sell itself.
>two months later
>randy pitchford has left the game
>>
File: BL1 guns and types.png (397 KB, 885x2247) Image search: [Google]
BL1 guns and types.png
397 KB, 885x2247
>>345429193
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
>>
>>345422768
>bloodwing into a tranny
I never played 1, I assume you're saying they referred to the bird as male but in 2 as female?
>>
Burch has left the studio. I think that at least should give us some hope.
>>
>>345431431
>>345431431
I feel like you're memeing but unlike most of the games /v/ shits on I've never really heard the actual gameplay of battleborn get shit on, like with bl2 the repetion and terrible scaling are easy but here its just always some shit a character says. I mean I hate gearbox and randy and watching those fucks burn is great but damn what if battleborn is actually good.
>>
>>345432083
i am 100% not meming
i have been hyped for battleborn for the last week
i ordered it off amazon yesterday, fucking ESTIMATED ARRIVAL DATE AUGUST FUCKING THIRD

also it fucking triggers me that people constantly mention "FEMINISM IS AWESOME" as if it's sjw. it's a reaction to killijng a woman. it sounds dumb but it's not fucking leftist at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSPbXskI2To

love it or hate it i guess, this is the game.
personally it gives me a boner
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.