[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats is /v/'s opinion on Rimworld? The reviews are good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: 1463591090722.jpg (100 KB, 540x607) Image search: [Google]
1463591090722.jpg
100 KB, 540x607
whats is /v/'s opinion on Rimworld? The reviews are good and it looked fun on the steam vid. is it worth it?
>>
File: erotic taming.png (57 KB, 446x501) Image search: [Google]
erotic taming.png
57 KB, 446x501
It's great. But $30 is too much for it.
>>
File: df20dd66cf[1].jpg (11 KB, 246x114) Image search: [Google]
df20dd66cf[1].jpg
11 KB, 246x114
GREAT

FUCKING

GAME
>>
File: 1468032329706.jpg (56 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
1468032329706.jpg
56 KB, 620x372
>>345379202
maybe not 30 buckaroo game for most people but its really fun for a more simple DF
>>
inb4 butthurt for no reason DF fags
>>
>>345382398
They are prickly as fuck and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>345379202
I'm loving my lite DF game, it's fun
>>
>>345379202

Careful on downloading the mods

There are one or two mod compilations that're just gargantuan fucking feature creeps.

>You can now engineer Cyberpunk 2077 flavoured bionic limbs
>Gotta manufacturer the bones first, then the actual muscle. And finally assemble the limb apparently
>But first you need to resource an acceptable base metal to manufacture it all out of.

>No fuckin' clue how to find it.
>>
File: cut.png (1 MB, 874x718) Image search: [Google]
cut.png
1 MB, 874x718
>Overseer keeps telling us to cut the grass around the base.
>Nah I'll just daydream instead.

Fuck these idiots.
>>
>>345382871
Do you have the glitterworld tech mod?
>>
>>345383321
>accidentally set one of my colonists to be euthanized instead of the prisoner who has done nothing but give the colony trouble
>fast forwarding through the night
>[colonist 1] has died
>wait what
>go to their room
>[colonist 2] is leaving the room
>[colonist 1] is dead in her bed
>[colonist 2] has a joy moodlet for her rival dying

thanks guys
>>
>>345384449
Is there a way to arrest people without shooting them half to shit?
>>
>>345384449
Just like my Dorf Fort, but with less detail
>>
Pirated it, love it. Will buy when on sale
>>
>>345384654
I haven't figured it out, but maybe I'm just retarded.

Generally speaking I just make people go beat the shit out of them with their hands until they're on the ground.
>>
>>345384701
Honestly the only thing I don't like about the game is the fact that I'm pretty sure Ty said he wasn't going to do a z-level.

I feel like only one level really, really limits creativity potential.
>>
>No way to force person to mass clean unless you untick everyone.

Really annoying, please tell me there's a better way. I might just have to enslave someone to have a live in maid.
>>
>>345383321
That's not how cables work man.

The small appliances like lamps connect at several tile distance to the big cables you place down.
>>
>>345385720
There's job priorities on the work tab. You can set each job type manually for every peon.
>>
Dirt needs to not be such an absurd hindrance to mood if they're going to make it this hard to get people to clean.

A Fancy wooden bed adds like 24 Beauty. Two bits of dirt is -30. It's insane.
>>
Jesus christ, what the fuck is this, a flash game? Looks like something from fucking kongregate or newgrounds.

$30 price tag and its not even fucking finished? It's fucking early access?

Jesus christ, video games have taken a nose dive in quality if this shit is a top seller on steam.
>>
>>345385707
How much of it is due to the fact that the dev didn't make "engine" and doesn't know how to use it?
>>
File: oh... oh no... oh.png (1 MB, 1033x595) Image search: [Google]
oh... oh no... oh.png
1 MB, 1033x595
Oh god

Guys, what have I done
>>
>>345383685

No the SK Mod Pack.

I should've curated my own collection of mods. But it's a bitch and a half getting the load order right.

And after Skyrim and all the other Gamebryoshit games requiring mod wizardry, I'm so fucking over playing magical mod file #99941 being in the wrong place.
>>
I just want him to add fuckin customization to your settlers, I end up spamming random to get good stats than I am usually alive for in games
>>
>>345386314
you were warned
>>
>>345386684

That would be fine in custom scenarios, but having randomly rolled charactors has a point. You're not supposed to be able to get the perfect team. You need to pick some people that have a few downsides that are not ideal but still manageable.
If you could choose everything you'd have the perfect setup (and the same one) every time.

Half the fun of this game is dealing with colonists that are quirky.
>>
>>345386684
>>345386684

Just install Think Carefully

Or is it Prepare Carefully.

Either way, there is a mod that allows precisely that.
>>
File: 1467925436156.png (9 KB, 155x165) Image search: [Google]
1467925436156.png
9 KB, 155x165
>One of my trained Labrador gets attacked by a panther and barely makes it out alive after being rescued by the colonist
>Loses one of his front paws and his nose
>Gets attacked by another panther, gets his eye ripped off
>Can barely move, can't see well and can't smell
>It was my hunting dog
>mfw as I'm about to put it down I get a notification my Labrador bitch is pregnant and immediately after 12 Yorkshire terriers show up and join my colony
>>
>>345386914
the guy hasent updated it for 14 yet
>>
>>345386905
I was thinking it could be a system where you take bad traits to get more points to spend on good, and I do like the randomize but half the time they are so ungodly bad. I dont want a super guy just one where he has atleast 2 ok stats and isnt dieing or going to go insane if he dosent get a comfy bed
>>
>Randomly get two free Huskies

Sometimes the RNG is kind.
>>
>>345387262
I just got about 850 beans falling from the sky. th-thanks
>>
>>345386092
Video game players have taken a dive in quality.

What are you 12 years old?
>>
>struggling to survive
>escape pod x20 with a survivor in them and nothing else, landscape literally littered with corpses from it
>x5 fucking relationship escape pods

FUCK

OFF
>>
Is it possible to have fat people lose weight?
>>
>>345387051
but who was phone
>>
>>345379202
Eating ass is rarely worth it but when it is hot damn son is it ever.
>>
Does anyone here have the glittertech mod?
>>
File: RANDY.png (748 KB, 1009x793) Image search: [Google]
RANDY.png
748 KB, 1009x793
>A group of yorkshire terriers have joined the colony

RANDY, WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: thing.jpg (284 KB, 2000x800) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
284 KB, 2000x800
>some bitch comes out of nowhere and joins my colony
>her name is Diva and she's fat as fuck
>it's been a rough beginning so there's a lot of blood and shit everywhere
>instantly terrible mood because it's dirty
>listen bitch, I can't do anything for you, other things are far more important
>eventually she goes berserk
>attacks a wild panther
>dies
>the panther attacks the rest of my people
>everyone but one is bedridden
>my top, favorite person has two major infections in her feet
>out of medicine
>afraid I'm going to have to amputate
>cargo pod drops
>45 medicine
>THANK GOD
>she gets healed and colony goes back to normal
>leave Diva's rotting corpse out in the wild because she almost killed my colony

This game is definitely not as good as Dorf Fort, but it's trying in all of the right ways to be a good lite version of DF.
>>
>>345379202

Love it, I've been pirating every version since a9. Most fun you can have is playing on an ice sheet.

>raiders show up, start wandering around preparing for battle
>draft colonists and get them in position
>get a notification that the raiders are fleeing
>over half of them froze to death in the -150°f weather before they even started attacking
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.