[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished the Eastern Palace and so far the game is way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: fbook.jpg (168 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
fbook.jpg
168 KB, 630x630
I just finished the Eastern Palace and so far the game is way too easy. Especially after just having played the original Zelda. (Though that game is especially tough)

Am I judging it too soon? Does the game pick up in difficulty both in combat and with puzzles?

I figure it will still be fun to play but I really hope there's a decent challenge to this one.
>>
>>345377431
It's probably the easiest "2d" Zelda.
They should have had the Hero Mode available from the start.
>>
Unfortunately, that's probably the game's worst attribute. It's one of the best top-down Zelda games, it's just lacking in difficulty. Still fun as fuck to play all the way though.
>>
There's one hard area in the entire game. Don't listen to anyone hyping up this game.
>>
>>345377431
Games are easy when you're an adult. I played through OoT a week ago and I only died once or twice.
>>
It's a Zelda game, they're all insanely easy. If you factor in the extra stuff to find in dungeons I think those are fairly clever at times. I don't really see why people find it easier than the typical Zelda game.
>>
>>345378559
Nah Majoras Mask and the gameboy Zelda games aren't easy. I wouldn't say they are hard but they do offer challenge in terms of enemies and puzzles. Especially Oracle of Ages Jabu Jabu
>>
>>345378559
>>345378690
>this shitty argument
Just because other games are easy doesn't mean this game isn't even easier.
>>
File: img-hero.png (61 KB, 191x253) Image search: [Google]
img-hero.png
61 KB, 191x253
>>345377431
I beat the game yesterday, I got through the game in two sittings this weekend.

I 100%, and I felt like it was a very solidly designed title.
I do have to admit that it was easy, and the dungeons feelt you were on playing on rails with how all the puzzle pieces just fall into place immediately, like falling domino bricks. But it was still fun, I'd compare it to a modern Mario game like Galaxy or 3D Land/World. Where the stage design is so solid to a point where you don't notice how high the quality is because it dips so infrequently.

Just pick up all the items from Ravio immediately from the start, you will never die so you will never lose his items anyway. I upgraded my bow after I bought it from him until the final 2 dungeons where I had enough money and all the Maiamais.

The game is never sluggish, and all the collectables are put in fun places, which I don't really think games like Minish Cap did too well.

I have a hard time recollecting how well the Oracle games, LA and LttP held up in comparison. But Between Worlds is extremely solid.
My favorite dungeons were probably the Desert Temple, Windmill Temple and Thieves Hideout.

I do think it lacked a sense of atmosphere, though.
>>
>>345377431
Due to being able to pretty much do anything in the order you want the difficulty level stays about the same everywhere so no, it doesn't get harder.
>>
File: 1391131390355.jpg (133 KB, 850x774) Image search: [Google]
1391131390355.jpg
133 KB, 850x774
>>345377431
>the game is way too easy.
it's just as easy as every 2D Zelda past Zelda II AoL, excluding the Oracles games
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.