[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last game you refunded and why? The Witness for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: steamrefunds.jpg (82 KB, 1924x1084) Image search: [Google]
steamrefunds.jpg
82 KB, 1924x1084
What was the last game you refunded and why?

The Witness for me
>buy it thinking it'd be a comfy puzzle game
>spend an hour solving puzzles that are more trial and error than anything
>little to no actual sound design so everything is lifeless
>realize I can't be fucked putting in the 20+ hours needed to complete it
>>
Inside. Got bored.
>>
>Dying Light
Already playing Dead Island + Riptide, decided it was zombie overload

>Layers of Fear
Decided it wasn't worth the current price. Also new DLC is coming so waiting on complete edition.

>>345367410
Is The Witness really that bad? It's a shame, the trailer made it look so comfy. Imo Firewatch kinda gives what The Witness promises.
>>
>>345368752
>Dying Light
This. Bought it and couldn't turn off chromatic aberration.
>>
>>345368752
It's not bad, it's just that I couldn't see myself spending 20 hours solving the same trial-and-error line puzzles over and over. It also needs a severe injection of life into it, because right now it's nothing more than an interactive menu for line puzzles with a few movies sprinkled in.
>>
Transistor
Combat system seemed really disappointing after Bastion managed to have simple, yet engaging combat.
>>
Tomb Raider 2 due to finding out that my old TR2 disc wasn't broken after all
>>
Refunded FFXIV Heavensward because I was misinformed about which version my friend had (since Steam version is incompatible with Standalone) when I bought it as a gift for them.

However, I got my money back and the game was still in my inventory.
>>
>>345367410
I layed Ark survival evolved for an hour and refunded, I didn't like it. It was the first and only one of those survival crafting games I ever bothered with
>>
Refunded DMC4:SE because it was an awful port compared to the original DMC4
>Worse graphics
>Unstable engine that constantly crashes due to DX10 only
>Removes 16:10 support
Capcom even has a fucking thread on the steam forums to report technical issues and they've never released a single patch, ever.
>>
Subnautica
>/v/ shills it constantly
>try it
>locked fov
>runs like dogshit
>changing graphics quality in game crashes the game
>>
>>345370942
Same reason here. I do hope they fix that though.
>>
>>345367410
The Stanley parable.

>Played through it 4 times.
>Then use a guide to get all the endings
>Under 2 hours.

Felt like it was hardly a game at all
I used the money to Please, Don't touch anything and it has proved to be much better.
>>
I bought Devil Daggers during the Steam sale. It was full-price, but I bought it anyway, because:
• It was only $5.
• I figured a game which was still at full-price during the biggest Steam sale probably wouldn't get any discounts for a while.
• I didn't want to wait a long time to get a better deal.

But then it got a 25% discount just after the Steam sale ended, so I got my money back and didn't re-purchase at the lower price. Since the developers pulled that bullshit on me, I decided I'm going to wait until the game is at least 50% off.
>>
>>345369906
I felt the same. Awesome soundtrack though
>>
>>345370942
>>345371238
You can change the fov with console commands, it runs like do shit for sure but they're gunna fix it next path I believe.
It crashes when you change the quality because of the terraforming, I think, so if you want to play it again just keep an eye out for the next patch
>>
>>345371265
>you'll never get the play the game again in 5 years achievement
>>
>>345370942
>locked fov
U retarded??
>>
File: 1270405526962.gif (14 KB, 677x579) Image search: [Google]
1270405526962.gif
14 KB, 677x579
wolfenstein the new order
casual cinematic shooter
>>
File: 1468165126446.jpg (43 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
1468165126446.jpg
43 KB, 500x449
>>345367410
SFV. Gameplay is great, but it's still just so half finished, literally early access tier.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.