[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
concepts you'd like to see in games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1417805006611.png (176 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1417805006611.png
176 KB, 400x400
When you die, your corpse is left there. So when you go through the area again, you see what happened to your body as it died.
>>
Zombi U had something like that were you could meet the zombie version of yourself after you died.
>>
>>345336743
There was a game similar to that where when you died and respawned the you from before repeated the same things it did before it died. It turned into a clusterfuck if you died to much because the entire screen would be covered in previous you's.
>>
IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL
>>
And then you rape your dead corpse
>>
File: 1427917590051.png (70 KB, 300x304) Image search: [Google]
1427917590051.png
70 KB, 300x304
Someone's dialogue and mannerisms changing over time due to allignment, not done in an overly-edgy way

Looking at you, SMT
>>
Different idle animation depending on where you're standing and what area you're in
>>
>>345336858

I would like a game where you are a spirit, and to interact with the world you have to possess people. And if you die, then their body is no longer usable, and you have to find someone else to possess. So its like the people die for real and it makes an impact on the world. Imagine dying in some dungeon out of nowhere. It would really hammer home how death can happen so quickly and unexpectedly. While still giving you the chance to play through the game.
>>
>>345337774

Ocarina of Time had this. In the death mountain crater Link would sweat and shake as if he were hot as fuck. In the ice cavern he would shiver.

At least I think it was OoT. May have been Mario 64. I dont really remember.
>>
>>345338562
You can do this in Poltergeist for the gamecube.
It's a pretty solid game too.
>>
>>345336743
Being able to discover what Yoshi's eggs smell like
>>
>>345336743
I remember playing a flash platformer that had this. For example, if you killed yourself on spikes you could respawn and stand on your dead body to avoid the spikes. I remember the concept being executed really well.
>>
>>345338913
Giest you fucking degenerate piece of shit mother ducking cunt whore

Yeah it's a great game though, that multiplayer was based, being able to take over turrets was the shit.
>>
>>345338689
it was OoT
I remember it because I got a boner from young link's mannerisms and noises
>>
>>345339192
Seppukuties?
>>
>>345337774
Ristar also.
>>
>>345336743
One of the roguelikes has this. You could stumble on a spectre of one of the previous chars on the floor you died. He'd of course try to murder you. If you built the prev char well, you could really feel it.
>>
>>345339192
That's a pretty well used concept in many platformers, usually it's like some time gimick and 100% guarentee there's gonna be a level where you'll have to die alot to make a corpse bridge
>>
File: deadayylmao.jpg (8 KB, 412x314) Image search: [Google]
deadayylmao.jpg
8 KB, 412x314
>>345336743
fun
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.