[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever taken up notes while playing games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160717-WA0009.jpg (393 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160717-WA0009.jpg
393 KB, 2560x1536
Have you ever taken up notes while playing games?
>>
I'm sure everyone over 25 has. How the fuck else would you beat Deus Ex without writing down all those passcodes?
>>
>>345335387
i did the exact same thing in GTA 3 and VC

pretty sure i got them all
>>
I used to write down the songs for Ocarina of Time because I kept forgetting them when I was a kid.
>>
I recently did when I played Shadow Tower Abyss on my cracked PS2. The game lacks on-game maps (well, it sorta have them) so I ended making mine.
>>
Yeah when I was 7 and trying to beat Sonic 2, so I wrote down the order of Metal Sonic's attacks so I'd know how to dodge and when to hit him

otherwise no
>>
>>345335524
There's a notes menu in the game where you can look at the passwords you've found
>>
I have shitty memory so I wrote down the positions of the cards in the card pairs minigame in Fable.

>>345335524

Did you not know about the Notes section in your menu?
>>
When i played la-mulana yeah
>>
Lots of times back on the PS1 with games like Dino Crisis.
>>
I think I did when playing Silent Hill 1 for the first time a few years ago, that Piano puzzle?

Great puzzle, you had to think for a bit but it never felt like you hit some kind of wall with it.
>>
>>345335765
wut. Thanks for the tip, even if it comes 15 years late
>>
>>345335595
This

Also the passwords in megaman X and the buttons from the crystal caves in Donkey Kong Country 3
>>
Never did that, except for one game: Might and Magic II. To use magic, you need to write stuff on a paper. For example: when you use Teleport, you can input several custom destinations. But these destinations aren't written anywhere, first, you teleport, then write down coordinates, so you know what number you pick when you use Teleport the second time.
Also, you need a map, because standard map is too small, hard to navigate, and, sometimes, doesn't work at all. Else you get lost.
>>
>>345335387
Would write down passwords and shit in Deus Ex. Couldn't be fucked to go into and scroll through the menu to find the right one
>>
sure did, kid me couldn't remember how to get around in this one gameboy rpg so i write down directions
>>
Only for adventure games and shitty games that force Puzzles.
>>
I had a notebook for myst and riven, it was a fucking necessity for those games
>>
Wow - I made a spreadsheet in excel to work out the most cost effective way to make money using alchemy in cata.
>>
>>345335892
Piano puzzle was easy, at least i didn't have any problems with it. On other hand, that puzzle near the end, with animals and numbers i think. I looked at walkthrough on that and i still dont understand
>>
I did a few times for some of the puzzles in the Penumbra games. The ones I remember the most were one where the game gave you a book translating letters to Morse code and then later there was a radio giving off Morse code and the other was a puzzle where you had to navigate a floor with steam coming up in a pattern and I drew out the route on a piece of paper.

There was also a part in one of the Dishonored DLCs where you had a machine that opened prison doors that used the numbers written on the prison doors. And I wrote down the numbers and what was inside I think.
>>
>>345335387
>play Faxanadu
>"REMEMBER YOUR MANTRA"
>write that shit down
>Punch it in later
>Doesn't work and have to start the game over

Good times. Also my uncle had a huge notebook for MYST back in the day. I've never been patient enough for that game myself.
>>
>>345335387
I have a small notebook full of vidya notes.

Just paging through I see I've got the sequence to destroy the Metal Gear in the first Metal Gear

I've got a whole bunch of math on the logistics of different things to do in Runescape

I've got sequences from The Witness drawn out.

I've got a check off list of different achievements to complete in several different games. etc.
>>
>>345335387
I had a fucking notebook full of shit for my frist La-Mulana playthrough
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.