[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this in a flea market for 10$ Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Oni.jpg (43 KB, 320x437) Image search: [Google]
Oni.jpg
43 KB, 320x437
Just bought this in a flea market for 10$

Is it any good?
>>
It's very good. The Xbox version is better, but that one is still good.
>>
THE

CONTROLS

SUCK

ASS
>>
>>345333847
Don't listen to this casual Gen Z shitter.
>>
>>345333982
I have made several threads about this subject, I think my point has been amply proven.
>>
>>345333636
Resident Evil controls, fun spooky-combat adventure to save the world, solid 8/10
>>
Depends. If you like classic-style Resident Evil and want to see what happens if you mix it with a fairly basic action game, then you should like it. It's closer to RE gameplay than DMC 1, even.
It's good. Great for it's time, even, but not for everyone.

>>345333784
Is there any advantage to the Xbox version apart from the damage-sponge Nemesis doll and the purple orbs? At least for PS2 you can play the other three games.
>>
Why did the third one include the French dude from Godzilla 98?
>>
>>345334072
>damage-sponge Nemesis doll
It was a fun addition, it wasn't damage spongey.

The new orb changed combat up quite a bit. It also had a whole new area added to the game, so it was a bit longer.
>>
>>345334163
Because Jean Reno makes everything 50% more awesome.
>>
>>345334050
You made several threads about being a casual Gen Z shitter? Nice.
>>
>>345334163
Because who the fuck knows. Why did they decide to take a fantasy action/horror series set in feudal Japan and then incorporate modern-day France into it? It's a mystery, but probably due to Capcom being filled to the brim with westaboos, if Final Fight, DMC and RE didn't already demonstrate that enough.
>Godzilla 98
That's what you know Jean Reno from? Shit, son.

>>345334303
I remember the Oni mode trivialising the latter games, seemed to me that adding it into Warlords would've only hurt the game.
>It also had a whole new area added to the game, so it was a bit longer.
Didn't know that. Neat. It wasn't taken from 2 or 3, was it? I remember you revist the castle in 2 at least.
>>
>>345334530
>It wasn't taken from 2 or 3, was it?
Genma Onimusha came out before 2.

Faster combat pacing =/= trivialization, imo
>>
>>345334408
THE GAME SHOULD SUPPORT THE USE OF ANALOG STICKS, IT'S INEXCUSABLE.

You can keep the tank controls but not being able to use the analog stick to move around is retarded.

>tfw you still hope to beat the game in spite of how annoying it is to play
>>
>>345334823
>Genma Onimusha came out before 2.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean the assets weren't used in both.
>Faster combat pacing =/= trivialization, imo
It wasn't even that, it was Devil Trigger for all extents and purposes. Maybe that's not it worked in Genma, but it sure as hell did in 2 and 3.
>>
It's really mediocre. I recently beat it, I dont know why they thought level grinding to unlock doors was something Resident Evil needed. Though I bought the second game anyways because it sounds weirder than warlords and the third game sounds nuts.
>>
>>345334968
Tank controls are provably better with a d-pad, I've no idea what you're bitching about.
>tfw you still hope to beat the game in spite of how annoying it is to play
M8, I beat that fucking game when I was about 13, it was probably one of the least difficult games on the PS2 in terms of real-time combat. If you can't manage it and have to blame the controls, it's time to give up and become a let's player or game journalist or something.
>>
>>345335241
>It's really mediocre. I recently beat it, I dont know why they thought level grinding to unlock doors was something Resident Evil needed.
Oh, those things. They're still in the later games, unfortunately, but it's not as badly paced, IIRC.
You'll still have a shit time if you want to get all the gifts for your party though, since it requires gold farming. I'd just avoid it in the first playthrough and just work with whatever gifts you come across.
>>
>>345335037
>Yeah, but that doesn't mean the assets weren't used in both.
It wasn't TAKEN from 2 or 3 though. Not possible when it came out first.

I haven't actually played 2 and 3. In Genma, iirc, certain enemies drop the orb and they either gravitate towards you or another enemy, depending on who is closer. You have to build up enough to activate it, but enemies can gather it and go rage mode too. So it was kinda like Devil Trigger, but one that enemies could use as well, so you had to be concerned about those orbs while fighting.
>>
>>345334968
Your problem with using the d-pad comes from being 3 years old when the game came out.
>>
>>345335526
Fair enough.
>but enemies can gather it and go rage mode too. So it was kinda like Devil Trigger, but one that enemies could use as well, so you had to be concerned about those orbs while fighting.
Okay, now that's legitimately interesting. That wasn't how it worked in the later PS2 games, in 2 you just collected them and maybe just the absorbing demons would get them sometimes but they wouldn't do anything with them. And in 3 you just collected them and once you were maxed you could activate whenever you felt like it, straight up Devil Trigger style.
That does seems more interesting, at any rate. Did they add anything to the Dark Realm, out of curiosity?
>>
>>345335819
>Did they add anything to the Dark Realm, out of curiosity?
I don't think so, aside from the new orb.
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (60 KB, 337x425) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
60 KB, 337x425
>>345334408
>ou made several threads about being a casual Gen Z shitter? Nice.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.