[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's the Over/Under on Insomniac pretending this reboot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: rcps4_main.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rcps4_main.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
So, what's the Over/Under on Insomniac pretending this reboot never happened and moving on to Ratchet & Clank 7...-ish?
>>
They made Into the Nexus for a reason, anon.

The franchise is dead. It had a surprisingly good run for a series that had an AssCreed level of output, but it's time to move on.
>>
Most of Insomniac is making Spiderman right now so very unlikely.
>>
>>345317204
I meant if/when they come back to Ratchet, obviously.
>>
>>345316782
Why?
>>
>>345317274
Eh, maybe. Depends if they're put off trying something new after Sunset Overdrive flopped.
>>
>>345317552
It's an unnecessary, shitty reboot.
The game's fine, but the characters had all the life sucked out of them by Hollywood.
>>
>>345317742
If they go back to R&C without having to worry about a movie then they can just write the characters however they want, even if they continue with the rebooted setting.
>>
>>345317742
The gameplay was hugely improved though and the graphics of course.
If you care about some reskin planets it's your fault and it wasn't even full price
>>
>>345318621
>If you care about some reskin planets

I don't, and I never implied the game was bad you idiot.

I'm asking if Insomniac would continue off the mediocre writing of the reboot or just go "fuck it" and pretend it never happened.
>>
>>345316782
What? Really? I thought it sold really well and revitalized the series, several months after release I'm still seeing it as a best seller in stores.

It wasn't as good as the original but it was a really good game that I and many others platinumed. The best thing about it is that it offered something for both newcomers and old school fans. It was my game of the month when it came out.
>>
>>345318868
Continue with the rebooted story and setting but write characters closer to how they were before.

Wow, that was totally hard.
>>
>>345317742
It's a movie tie-tin, but it actually did better than the movie itself.
I'd would say it's pretty good that it happened this way since it shows that people still have a lot of interest in R&C
>>
>>345318967

It sold really well, but the movie bombed hard.

He's asking if they'll continue the reboot storyline or continue from Nexus.
>>
>>345318995
There's no need to be so defensive, god fucking damn.

I wasn't asking HOW; I asked if they WOULD. The movie itself flopped, and like
>>345317204
said they're going to be spending a lot of time on Spider-Man and possibly sequels to it. It'll be a while until we see another Ratchet game, so either option would make sense.
>>
>>345319273
Oh. Well, here's my grain of salt. Ratchet & Clank is that kind of series that exhausted itself but I still want to continue. The reboot had literally nothing new to offer but it was an enjoyable experience and I loved all the little stuff for the long term fans. I would be really hyped for a remake of Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal if they can keep the quality of the reboot.
>>
>>345319616
Never felt like a series where you should ever go back, really. Partially because of the collection/upgrade focused gameplay and partially because they crank them out so fast.
>>
>>345319543
You're projecting so hard right now, calm down.

It's likely they make a new game simply because the game did so well, even though the movie bombed. If that happens, it wouldn't make sense financially for them to not continue with the reboot story, simply because the reboot introduced a lot of fans who hadn't played the previous games myself included along with bringing back older fans who played mainly the older games but maybe aren't as familiar with the later ones. That being said, there's nothing stopping them from writing the characters closer to how they were in terms of characterization due to character development.
>>
>>345320323
You thought wrong then. The Ratchet & Clank series holds up really well, even the older games are still good despite what the PS3 games had to bring. The 3D platformer genre is dead nowadays, Ratchet & Clank really is the Apex of 3D platforming if you don't like Mario, I would go as far as to say Insomniac are the masters of platforming just after Nintendo, 20 years after, Spyro still holds up very well. Sorry you don't like good video games anon.
>>
>>345316782
Didn't it sell pretty well, though?
>>
File: Big_Big_Mech.png (221 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
Big_Big_Mech.png
221 KB, 625x350
I hope they don't remake GC, I want new shit, even if it means they could fix the worst boss in vidya history
>>
>>345321182
I played them all last year.

I meant going back and replaying/remaking after your first outing with them seems redundant due to their design and abundance.

>>345321401
said, I would really rather not go back, and I'm the kind of person who enjoys a strong remake (Adventures of Mana, for example).
>>
>>345316782
>Implying

The movie may have bombed but the game is the greatest Ratchet has ever sold and brought a fuck ton of people into the franchise.

There may not be more movies but I fucking bet you Insomniac is staying in the reboot world to keep that demographic of newcomers specially after those sales.
>>
>>345317742
The game would have been much better if they didn't have to tie everything in with the movie
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.