[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best singleplayer RPG on the market.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: gd.jpg (158 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
gd.jpg
158 KB, 460x215
The best singleplayer RPG on the market.
>>
>>345308227
ARPG*
>>
I found the skills to be really boring and lacking in the visual department.

Overall I like PoE better.
>>
>>345308227
I'm currently playing (and loving) Torchlight 2, is this any better? In which aspects?
>>
>>345308227
>RPG
You mean dungeon crawler, right?
>>
File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41 KB, 404x502) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41 KB, 404x502
>>
>>345308326
TL2:
- no closed server
- therefore no trading
- graphics are fugly and to fucking colorful
- gameplay itself is boring

grim dawn would be a step up but it also suffers from no closed servers.
I would advice you to play a real arpg like poe.
>>
>>345308579
I've sink a shameful lot of hours in PoE
>>
>>345308579
PoE would be great if it wasn't for the online only aspect.

I like creating hardcore characters but not with server latency/disconnect/desync bullshit.
>>
>>345308579
Main issues wiht Torchlight 2:

boring story and graphics
classes feel like they can only be played one particular way, the others fall off wayyy too hard
felt grindy to me at some points
online play does not make up for the unsatisfying singleplayer adventure

Issues with Grim Dawn I found so far:
You cannot save freely as in Torchlight 2. If you exit the game while being somewhere innawoods, you will begin the next time you start ALWAYS in some town.
You can quicktravel back to your previous location via some Portals but not to your exact old location, only to another portal which are quite frequent.
This leads to episodical play: You play until you find another one of those portals. if you got only 10min left to play for instance, you better leave the game.
>>
>>345308690
Don't kid yourself, you're an alt+f4 whore anyway
>>
>>345308315
funny because I think PoE is the one with uninspired skills
both games are good though
>>
>>345309143
Spoken like a true softcore scrub.
>>
Been enjoying it a lot so far. Just finished the main quest arc. I'm a little miffed that after all the build-up of the Aetherials being the main antagonists, that the final boss was a Chthonic monster.

I mean, still a super-valid threat, but I had been getting the impression that the cult was just gonna be a secondary antagonist.

I assume the devs are gonna be expanding the game with expansions/DLC, yeah?
>>
>>345310060
>I mean, still a super-valid threat, but I had been getting the impression that the cult was just gonna be a secondary antagonist.
Same here. A pleasant surprise in my eyes, didn't expect that at all.

>I assume the devs are gonna be expanding the game with expansions/DLC, yeah?
The first DLC i think will be just some kind of Arena fightning thing where you fight waves of monsters and get quality loot the more waves you slay.
After that i think a story expansion is planned. The bridge in the south of Devil's Crossing is still ruined, probably going there.
>>
>>345309014
>You cannot save freely as in Torchlight 2. If you exit the game while being somewhere innawoods, you will begin the next time you start ALWAYS in some town.
No one's forcing you to clear the entire area every time
>>
File: 1468587051018.jpg (931 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1468587051018.jpg
931 KB, 1200x800
>>345308227
I've been playing it for 3-4 hours last night on Veteran difficulty (highest allowed for first playthrough) and the game has serious pacing problems, akin to Path of Exile where you endlessly shuffle trash mobs. I picked an Arcanist, put my points into AoE (forgot its name, some aether thing going into fire later on), put literally nothing in health, just magic damage (spirit) and haven't died once.

But I could have died to several creatures I stumbled upon that had nonsensically higher level than me to the point I'd get two shotted if I lingered. And they don't have aimed attacks so it's impossible to fight them because you have to get hit.

The art direction is pretty bad character wise, especially the way gear is done. There is zero incentive to play from aesthetic standpoint. The story is okay but done in traditional wall of text manner and there's tons of journal "mwahahaha let me tell you my evil plan" scraps clashing with the somber nature of the game world.

Oh and the reason it's impossible to die as Arcanist (except for mobs 10 levels above you) is because everything fucking dies when I cast my AoE. No balance at all in this game, Diablo 2 Sorc seems tame in comparison.

It's very dissapointing when literally unkillable creatures turn you back for more grind of mobs that pose zero challenge. It's very dissapointing when game causes severe memory leaks despite looking worse than Titan Quest. It brings zero improvement to the formula.
>>
>>345308227
It is not even an RPG, so..., nah.
>>
>>345308315
Skills are the only good part, demolitionist is the second best ARPG class after D2 Necromancer.
>>
>>345308227
pirated it and fell asleep after 2 hours of gameplay.
>>
>>345313403
Agree with his points. Most of the gears are fugly. There's almost no difference between male and female when you are covered in shade of black and brown.

It take you forever to reach a certain point where you can make a difference(level 50) and by then you probably be bored out of your mind with the most straight forward quest and dungeons.
>>
>>345313938
>There's almost no difference between male and female when you are covered in shade of black and brown.
Frankly, this is the wrong genre if you're playing for waifus
>>
>>345308256
Even as an ARPG, Gothic 2 exists you know.
>>
I picked this up on a whim and it's the most fun I've had in a long time. I've been trying to stay away from min/maxing threads and discover builds on my own. Pure Shaman at level 23 is fuckin fun as hell, I've been playing non stop and blasting through all of my weed the past few days
>>
I've put a few hours into this and I don't really see how people find it as fun as they say they do. I'm just holding mouse on mobs and going back to a merchant every now and then to sell my loot.

Do I start to get a lot more involved in the combat or is this it?
>>
>>345318265
Did you expect a grand strategy? It's fun for what it is
>>
>>345319641
I asked if the simplicity of the game is fixed once you're a little way into it, what the fuck does grand strategy have to do with anything?
>>
I really wanted to like path of exile but god fucking damn it was just so boring. And not to mention the rubberbanding bullshit happening because of their retarded servers. I honestly thought torchlight 2 was much more fun but I like grim dawn more than both. Bought it when it first released in EA and been keeping up with it since then. I just wish it had a randomly generated map option already or custom campaign support.
>>
I keep hearing people say this on /v/. Is it really that good?
>>
>>345320291
I would play Path of Exile 24/7 if it wasn't fucking online. I love that game for some reason.
>>
>tfw want to play Path Of Exile
>hate the currency and trading system
I just can't do it anymore. Why can't they just implement an auction house? Why do I have to go to 3rd party sites just to buy a piece of gear?
>inb4 hurr the social aspect
There is no social aspect.
>>
>>345313551
Give me this amazing build you speak of. I keep dropping the game because nothing has really been enjoyable enough to keep going.
>>
>>345320501
I play PoE and I have never traded. I think it's more fun to find everything myself. I did the same thing in Diablo 2.
>>
>>345320585
>I think it's more fun to find everything myself
It can take hundreds, if not thousands of hours to find a good 5 link chest piece. Good luck finding a 6 link.
>>
>>345320585
Totally agree with you.
>>
Diablo clones all suffer from the same pool of issues.

What they need to do is be like other ARPGs and have more functional abilities and systems.

They could add a rolling system and a weight system. If you're wearing heavy armour you might take hits better, but can't roll too well. If you're wearing lighter armour, you'll take hits worse but can roll much better and avoid the hits. Then what you do is you have it so that some enemies are better for dodging, and some enemies are better for tanking hits.
Now to balance this system you'd need a stamina management system. Maybe you'd have an attribute for that or something.

However now you have the issue that your movement abilities are using stamina, so now your attacks will have to use that same pool as well. So now you need potions/items that help control the stamina regeneration and the game is a lot less about slogging through rooms full of enemies in quick succession and is more about rolling about, attacking once and then continuing to move about. Or if you're going down the heavy armour route you could probably still slog through the rooms full of enemies with ease.

Now at this point you're alienated the diablo clone fanbase and now you have a real ARPG.
>>
>>345320585
POE isn't very friendly to people that play self found.
>>
>>345320583
I'm not talking about builds per se, I'm talking about skill design, they're very fun. Sort of a short rangeed bomber that you can fuse with barbarian-style character later on (soldier) so you can swing a fuckhuge hammer and blow stuff up simultaneously.
>>
>>345320731
5 linking is easy. It does not take even nearly that long to get a few jeweler's orbs and orbs of fusing.
>>
>>345320757
I agree, there should be a revamp of the genre, and I think only Nox tried to do something new back in the day. I'd move it away from item drops, for starters and fuse it with some sort of Ys-style mechanics that puts emphasis on positioning more. Itemization prevents gameplay depth because skill is equated with loot.
>>
>>345320793
As someone who has been playing it self found for years, I find it perfectly friendly.
>>
>>345308227
>>
>>345320962
As someone that has like 300 hours in the game, I disagree.
>>
>>345320793
I literally cleared the entire Perandus league with just myself and a friend
>>
>>345321116
>self found
>with a friend

I guess when he jacks you off you call it masturbation?
>>
Can you play all of PoE solo?
>>
>>345321116
Kill yourself.
>>
>>345321104
You are entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>345321186
You definitely can. I play all of my games solo including PoE and all other ARPG games because I have no friends.
>>
POE's attempt to be different from other diablo clones just puts me off.

Instinctively you want to pick up as much loot as possible and then sell it, but your inventory space is tiny and items are huge and while you could go back and forth to town dozens of times to sell all the loot, this ends up being very tedious.
Then you basically end up not picking things up unless they're actually useful to your build, so eventually you'll just be running past everything. At this point you may as well just run past most of the enemies. It's dumb.
>>
>>345321181
We don't share loot or anything, we just do maps together for fun.
>>
>>345321186
I've been playing PoE solo my entire time playing the game. I have beaten the story on Merciless with multiple characters, maxed out the masters' levels, have characters over 90, and regularly do red maps. I have never traded and I have only grouped once or twice for the hell of it.

>>345321385
What you do is pick up loot that is useful to sell to vendors or use yourself:
-Any rare or unique
-Any currency item
-Any 6-slot item or 3-link 3-color item

I don't find the work of picking up and selling those items, then making a quick trip to town to vendor them, tedious at all.
>>
>>345320757
The biggest issue all of them have: Early game is way too slow, tedious and not fun. Yes, those meticulously planned character builds might be great in endgame, and the combat might be fun in endgame once you're geared and skilled, but early game usually fucking sucks,

That's true for D2, D3, PoE, GD, everything. And the early game often takes something ridiculous like 30 hours before you've got your core talents, a few movement speed items, some gear that makes everything work.
>>
>>345321671
Pretty much this. And it kills me how you actually "want" to skip most of the shit in the game just to be efficient. In POE, the "best" way to get to the highest difficulties fast is to skip like 90% of enemies and just blitz through. And that is fun to people.

If you are going to do that, why not just add a system that starts you at level 70? Same fucking thing but without the tedium.
>>
>>345308227
3h into Titan's Quest: Immortal Throne. Jesus, when does this shit get good? If Grim Dawn is anything like that then it's trash.
>>
>>345321671
I actually enjoy early game PoE because in some ways it feels more challenging. At the same time, you are leveling up very quickly and constantly getting upgrades or new skills, so the sense of fast character progression and rewards is higher than when you're high level and only looking for the best items. That being said, at this point I have many high-level characters and don't make new ones very often. If I want to try a new build, I just pick up a mid-high level character I have lying around who has had his passives reset due to the latest major patch.
>>
>>345321851
Its super boring. Only hardcore fans like it because it supposedly gets good, eventually.
>>
>>345321935
I had more fun with modded Torchlight 2 than TQ so far.
>>
>>345321671
>Play PoE
>Bored to death by level 40
>Get told by fanboys "game doesn't start till level 70"
>Finally hit level 70 doing end game content
>So bored, don't even feel like playing the game

I dunno, I'm sure the end game stuff is cool, but the first 80% of the game was so boring to me, I just didn't feel up to it.
>>
>>345313403
So basically "The game is too easy because I only kill the easy monsters and don't even try to fight the harder monsters until I'm over leveled, therefore the game is unbalanced"

It's very clear that you're not used to playing ARPG games.
>>
>>345321671
>Early game is way too slow, tedious and not fun.

Not true for Diablo 2
Not true for Nox
Not true for Titan Quest
Not true for Diablo
>>
How fare your adventures?
Just started the final Act, let's hope I actually make it to the end this time.
>>
>>345322310
I grinded to level 90 HC in last league, and it was pain. T1-2 maps dropping in T9+. All in all, i only had to use 1 skill anyway in that game.
>>
>>345322549
>not true for titan quest
>a game that even hardcore fans say is awful until the highest difficulties.
>>
>>345322540
You can't fight something that you have to trade hits with and that moves three times faster than you while being double your level. These aren't finesse games, they're attrition fests. I'd love to have you stream your lvl 20 character fighting a lvl 30 demon so we all can see your prowess.
>>
>>345322643
Opening is very fun and fresh, it gets shit in the midgame.
>>
>>345322549
TQ is incredibly slow at the start, GD has a much faster start with satisfying low level skills.
>>
>>345322549
>Not true for Titan Quest
Fucking bullshit, I'm forcing myself through it right now.
>>
>>345322695
>These aren't finesse games, they're attrition fests. I'd love to have you stream your lvl 20 character fighting a lvl 30 demon so we all can see your prowess.

But that's really easy. Just have enough health so you can tank hits and use health potions, kiting if you need to wait for your health potion to come off of cooldown. If there are any ridiculous mobs in the game those are nemesis monsters who are ridiculously overturned but you won't bump into those guys into way further into the game.
>>
>>345322936
>Just have enough health so you can tank hits and use health potions

Have you played grim dawn at all? Health potions have cooldowns. You can't chug them like in Diablo.

>kiting

They move at least three times faster than you and can also slow you down.

>>345322936
>but you won't bump into those guys into way further into the game.

You bump into them during regular progression of sidequests.
>>
File: tabula rasa alternate art.jpg (189 KB, 523x763) Image search: [Google]
tabula rasa alternate art.jpg
189 KB, 523x763
I found both Titan Quest and Immortal Throne extremely fucking tedious, but I absolutely love Diablo 2 and Path of Exile.

Should I try Grim Dawn? After how insanely complex the build customization on PoE is, I feel like the genre is dead for me outside this game. Like nothing else can even get close, but I still want to try.
>>
>>345322695
Monsters levels are based on yours in GD, if they're 2x your level, that means you skipped so much stuff that you're now underleveled.
>>
File: 56031894_p0.jpg (223 KB, 1250x892) Image search: [Google]
56031894_p0.jpg
223 KB, 1250x892
>MFW playing as a mace and board warder with a lot of constellations boosting shields
>MFW the chance of blocking is over 90% and it absorb a retarded amount of damage
>>
>>345323193
Didn't skip anything, dungeon specifically states "there's a presence far above your level here", it's obviously designed that way story wise. Shit pacing. I specifically mentioned I had extremely powerful Arcanist and cleaned out everything with ease.
>>
>>345323078
I don't think you read my post correctly at all.

>kiting if you need to wait for your health potion to come off of cooldown

>If there are any ridiculous mobs in the game those are nemesis monsters

You made a character focused around a short range AoE attack which has shit single target damage with no health, that's why you're having trouble when you suddenly have to fight a hard boss enemy, you have to get close, making you get hit, and your health and damage are both shit.

Also, there are no enemies with 300% movement speed at the start of the game. They just have charge attack skills which you can actually dodge and have cooldowns.
>>
>>345323130

When I first tried TQ/IT, coming from over a decade of D2, I dropped it within an hour. Few weeks later I decided to give it another shot (I did pay for it after all) and it sort of started growing on me slowly but surely. In the end I managed to clock over 200 hours on it and got multiple pretty fun playthroughs.

Boy is Egypt a long fucking act though.
>>
>>345323365
>Goes into completely optional area
>Game even warns him that there's something over leveled here
>Complains when he gets destroyed by an over leveled enemy
>>
>>345323130
I have yet to try out Grim dawn too. PoE just has so many builds..and yet i always do EQ in leagues.
>>
File: 123213991111o.jpg (761 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
123213991111o.jpg
761 KB, 1920x1080
>>345322568
I suck ass at this game. But it's fun.
>>
>>345323476
Oh no, I actually explored sidequests! Silly me, good for the game do prevent me from veering from the straight path. Those broken bridges are also excellent pieces of design.
>>
>>345323130
>I found both Titan Quest and Immortal Throne extremely fucking tedious, but I absolutely love Diablo 2 and Path of Exile.

Well that's because you're an underage pleb
Titan Quest is one of the greatest hack n slash
>good story
>good gameplay
>good graphics
>>
>>345323547
That troll that that's usually well ab ove your level drops rare stuff on veteran and up.
>>
>>345323130
Pirate then buy it if you want more.

Here are some videos that should give you an idea of what you should expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkOq36uStU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgPgKxg0Z5Y

>>345323365
That guy is for later, you can kill it now but it might take a while, there are actually five other "dungeons" in the first Act that require you to come back later but all except that one are hidden.
>>
How do you get Titan Quest to show loot properly? It doesn't seem to have filters for loot on the floor like PoE and D3 unless i'm missing something?
>>
>>345322549

>Not true for Diablo 2

I always felt my builds never really picked up until normal A3. That's usually the earliest when it starts to take shape. Mind you, it didn't (and still doesn't) detract from the fun, just that it does feel a bit slow in the beginning.
>>
>>345323547
You're one of the reasons why games nowadays railroad people so hard towards main objectives. You go to places which the game tells you are supposed to be challenging and dangerous and then you do nothing but complain when you are actually met with a challenge. It's easy to kill those side areas the first time you bump into them. Why did you even bother picking a harder difficulty and then exploring an area the game warned you was hard if you're just going to complain when you bump into any sort of difficulty? It's even completely optional.
>>
>>345323547
>I'm going to go completely into damage! No survivability! Also no single target damage!
>Wow this game is so easy look at me kill all these trash mobs!
>Wow wtf why are these bosses killing me this games sucks I can't kill them in one hit so they hit me and I die too easily wtf
>>
>>345308256
ARPG are a branch of the RPG tree.

People dont correct people who say that FF is a RPG when it's a Turn based RPG.
>>
>>345323889
>challenge
>ARPG

these games are loot based for a reason. no loot no progress.
>>
>>345324182
Who is that you're quoting?
>>
>>345324241
In the mid to late game, in the early game of any ARPG you can run through with whatever random gear drops. Level 20 is still early game.
>>
>>345324319
>Shit he has a point
>Better pretend he doesn't know what he's doing to save face
>>
So I started a Soldier/Shaman using a 2hander on Veteran and I'm a few hours in.

Is this something that's gonna end up really shitty in late game or is this a decent build template?
>>
>>345324562
Internal monologue or...?
>>
>>345320825
I personally went Demo and Occultist. Using the Stun Jacks to, well, stun, and then sticking down the life siphon pentacle on the mob of stunned enemies was great.
>>
>hardcore and non-hc stashes are separated
Oh c'mon now. Also need more room in the stash. I can's just dismantle all my rares, what if need them on another character...
>>
That's not Hard West
>>
>>345324620
It's very solid, there are plenty of amazing Warder builds on the forum, from tank retaliation build to damage monster.
>>
File: Hold M1 to avenge innocents.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hold M1 to avenge innocents.webm
2 MB, 800x600
The only time you'll die in Grim Dawn is when you basically fall asleep after 5+ hours of clearing trash and then get onebanged by something you underestimated or failed to notice at all.

That said, good game for when you want to turn brain off, listen to music and just zone out.
>>
>>345325113
I used the pentacle in one build but quit because the pacing was off. That's another problem I have with ARPGs, they usually favorize AoE characters way too much. Hell, in PoE you just run around at 20x speed while things die.
>>
>>345323365
if you died to gutworm or whatever you're just a shitter
protip veteran is a joke
>>
File: Behelit.gif (710 KB, 140x130) Image search: [Google]
Behelit.gif
710 KB, 140x130
>>345325131
>Also need more room in the stash. I can's just dismantle all my rares, what if need them on another character...

This is annoying me quite a bit. There's so many epics, I don't know what to do with them.
Gotten several duplicates, saved them at first, but later when I got even more of the same, I just keep those with best rolls and sell/dismantle.
>Start finding EMPOWERED versions of stuff I have already

TOO MUCH LOOT
>>
>>345326102
Good thing the game let me choose higher difficulty, then. I didn't die from anything, I ran away from lvl 30 demon when I was lvl 17
>>
>>345326202
>Make character.
>Name it EPIC MULE.
>Sprint character through first quest (3-6 minutes depending on how distracted you get).
>Stash area is now unlocked.
>Go onto real character and put all the stuff you want to store into the shared stash.
>Go back onto EPIC MULE and take the stuff from the shared stash.
>Put it in the inventory space or non-shared stash.
>Repeat for everything you want to store.
You can also buy more stash tabs for your real character. I'm not sure if there is a level or renown requirement.

The real hard part comes when you have duplicates of the same item and you need to decide which version you want to keep. They don't have fixed stats or level requirement.
>>
>>345323365
Was it some cultist dungeon with a mage and demon? That guy has ramfucked me on every character i've made, but I still insist on doing him when I first go through the area.
>>
>>345324220
But they do correct it to JRPG when people say it is an RPG

CHECK AND MATE MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>345326931
Except that JRPG do not say what kind of RPG it is.
>>
>>345326867
Yeah, the one you get a key for

There was also one fuckhuge creature earlier with the same message at the dungeon entrance.
>>
File: 20160717115623_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717115623_1.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
Just got rammed by the optional boss.
>>
>>345324620
It's one of the most solid combinations of the whole game.
>>
>>345308227
It's easily the best ARPG of its genre on the market, bar none.

Someone give me Ultos set gear.
>>
File: 20160414131801_1.jpg (929 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414131801_1.jpg
929 KB, 1920x1080
>>345329548
>>345324620
I'm soldier Shaman /Tank mode. It's pretty good.
>>
File: 20160717122946_1.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717122946_1.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
>>345328885
Killed him... Got nothing of worth. Dammit.
>>
>>345325969
I died 33 times so far.
On Normal difficulty.
>>
playing grimm dawn, i dont know where im going half the time
>>
>>345332176
>Normal difficulty
>>
>>345332636
Go where you have never been before.
>>
>>345308227
Grim dawn is the shit, instancing with friends is awesome. Almost 150 hours reporting in.
>>
>>345308227
I'm currently playing poe. It's pretty fun but kind of easy I guess. It's my first time playing it and haven't really found anything challenging so far and I'm already at act 3.

The trading is confusing as fuck though. Where/how do I check if my uniques have any monetary value?
>>
>>345333162
You can check some websites for estimated values.
Dont know if it's reliable.
http://poeprices.info/
>>
>>345313403
From mid to end game in that difficult you are playing you will have a problem.
Play arcanist too and I have to do lots of reskill and redevotion.
>>
>>345333301
Thanks. It boggles my mind that there still isn't a proper trade system in place. I would understand if the game was relatively new but shits almost 4 years old. Oh well.
>>
>>345333162
Which league are you playing in?
>>
after playing a Discharger way back on PoE no other MMO skill can even compare, the sheer amount of satisfaction you get with literally exploding yourself with energy is just too much
>>
File: 1444021897630.png (83 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1444021897630.png
83 KB, 240x180
I remember the pre nerf final boss, literally fucking impossible.
>>
>>345334173
Default one I guess? So prophecy.
>>
File: grimdawn.png (1 MB, 824x813) Image search: [Google]
grimdawn.png
1 MB, 824x813
>>345322568
50 hours in level 85 and still haven't finished the Dawn Breaker's set
>>
>>345334493
If you're not playing hardcore you might as well not be playing the game. This is not a git gud kinda deal, it's more of an advice.
>>
File: ok.png (14 KB, 512x686) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
14 KB, 512x686
>have a surprising amount of Mythical recipes
>nothing I actually need
>>
>>345308479
I've never played this, though it looks really interesting. Is it similar to fallout/fallout 2 in gameplay?
>>
>>345334627
Why? Quick googling revealed that it's the same as standard league except it has permadeath. That doesn't really beef the difficulty.
>>
I swear I spent most of my game time making new builds instead of actually finishing the game to completion. My highest is my pistol wizard that just shits on everything. Only got to worry about bosses and reflect mobs.
>>
>>345335238
i know that feel man
3/4th of my playtime is trying fun builds ended up going all the way to ultimate with a stormshield build
>>
>>345335171
It absolutely does. The game is balanced around hardcore. Standard is essentially a containment league. The economy is fucked beyond repair, everyone builds glass canon and the community is overall awful. And the game will kick your ass eventually, this is without question.
>>
>>345335238
Same. I only have two characters in Ultimate and hundreds of hours.
>>
>>345334607
God the game looks so bad.
>>
>>345320757
isometric dark souls?
how very creative of you
>>
File: 1460515576391.jpg (34 KB, 752x701) Image search: [Google]
1460515576391.jpg
34 KB, 752x701
>>345309014
>You can quicktravel back to your previous location via some Portals but not to your exact old location, only to another portal which are quite frequent.
Just take the town rift to get back to your personal rift.

Personally I found the critical hit/miss mechanic too dumb.
>immobile enemy (namely a crystal formation)
>hit it with a 2H warhammer
>miss
>mfw
This is because every enemy needs some defensive ability otherwise you'd just crit the shit out of them, but defensive ability bring the chance to miss as well, which is fucking retarded especially since AoE can miss too.
>>
File: boni.jpg (109 KB, 998x974) Image search: [Google]
boni.jpg
109 KB, 998x974
>>345320757
Is there a more obnoxious fanbase than Dark Souls?
>>
>>345320825
>playing a Thermite Mortar Sorcerer
>explosions every half a second
I can't make a new character without Demolitionist anymore.
>>
>>345337632
>Just take the town rift to get back to your personal rift.
That only works if you are still within the same game session.
Quit game to desktop, restart and your personal rift is gone.
>>
>>345331913
He can drop certain relic recipes at higher difficulty levels.
>>
>>345308227
I legit think GD devs shill on /v/. The game may be good, but I constantly see threads about how it's the best shit since diablo 2 and maybe ever. Either you fags haven't played GD or you haven't played Diablo 2, maybe both.
>>
>>345337632
>town rift
I mean the fixed rifts scattered in the world map
>>
>>345337634
>its in dark souls so it's bad
Had no idea dark souls invented generic stamina mechanics.
>>
>>345337862
Damn, got unlucky then. Is it a guy you can keep killing and farm? Is he always higher level than you?
>>
>>345337840
Ah, I see what you mean. Then again the world is static so if you want to get somewhere you don't have to wander through randomly generated maps.
>>
File: 1461805933955.jpg (19 KB, 479x335) Image search: [Google]
1461805933955.jpg
19 KB, 479x335
>Facing Valdaran with a melee character
Unless you're using a tank how are you supposed to do it?
>>
>>345338084
They're slightly randomly generated. Nothing major but occasionally there will be a giant boulder in a path here causing you to make a quick detour, or a crumbled in staircase over there that wasn't in a previous run. Little things.
>>
>>345336786
It really does. That screenshot looks like it was taken from a mobile game.
>>
File: 1462816237470.jpg (9 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1462816237470.jpg
9 KB, 255x247
>>345338479
ROGUELIKE DUNGEONS
>>
>>345338273
He easy if you are using a shield with 90% + block chance. But if you are melee, you might want to bring a rifle / pistols and use skills that can be used with ranged attacks, like cadence or most of the shaman's attacks, which work with rifles.
>>
>>345338602
No this is in the overworld too.
>>
>>345338273
Get a better build. My 2H Lightning Warder is a beast.
>>
File: 20160717134700_1.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717134700_1.jpg
556 KB, 1920x1080
>First purple drop in Elite
>It's a Caster book when I'm a Soldier Shaman Tank

Cant Read man.
>>
File: 1468695841316.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1468695841316.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Are action RPGs dead now? As far as I know there's nothing in development, not even an announcement about a new game.
>>
File: diablo 3 vs diablo 2.jpg (1012 KB, 1680x2100) Image search: [Google]
diablo 3 vs diablo 2.jpg
1012 KB, 1680x2100
>>345338494
>that UI
>mobile game
When was the last time you played a mobile game? Mobile UIs look better.
Generally though it looks ok, too bad it struggles on a gtx 760 when maxed out, while TL runs on a GT 730.
>>345339782
Wolcen and Lost Ark are in the works. The latter is a korean MMO though, the former is in early access on steam, runs on cryengine.
>>
>>345340246
>filename and image
kek 10/10
I'm jealous of 2legolmao drops
>>
File: grapple.jpg (221 KB, 1911x1077) Image search: [Google]
grapple.jpg
221 KB, 1911x1077
>>345339782
There is the new ARPG MMO
Path of Exile is still updating his game pretty often, Diablo 3 is doing seasons, but that's kind of the problem. With huge guys like that, it's hard to release new solo or multiplayer ARPG.

And they cost a lot to develop too. Torchlight 2 was pretty hard on the team, and they just gave up on Torchlight 3 for the moment to switch for Hob.
>>
>>345338764
I know I know, I'm just saying that the "roguelike dungeon" slogan they've been pushing is bullshit, they're literally the same as regular dungeons, skeleton key aside.
>>
>>345340652
Oh yeah. They're similar enough to be the exact same or near-enough to it.
>>
>>345340246
>>345340471
>ARPG MMO

please stop...
>>
File: DevilingCard.jpg (38 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
DevilingCard.jpg
38 KB, 300x400
>>345340867
We had some cool ARPG mmo's. Ragnarok Online for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PNgdMcQprs

Tree of Saviors didnt hit too well, but it's still pretty popular right now.
>>
>>345337634
>>345337379
dark souls didn't invent that
>>
File: 1415196296480.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1415196296480.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>>345340409
It's ok, the lastest patch literally fixed everything.
>>
>>345341538
I could use more useful legendaries (or the motivation to level more of my alts) but I didn't have much luck with drops when I played yesterday.
>>
>>345325969
i had an entirely different experience on veteran hardcore. Also that webm is using pots
>>
>>345340246
>Wolcen
>play a yt video showcasing mechanics
>rotating camera
>ability to zoom in
>stamina
>dodging mechanics traversin half the screen
>horrible animations
>locked potion slots
>skill tree consisting of several squares

And that's just the first half of a short video. I couldn't watch no more.
>>
File: 20160717142053_1.jpg (442 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717142053_1.jpg
442 KB, 1920x1080
Any Kickstarter bros here? 100$ Pledge level over here.
>>
it's the best game ever, the only problem i have with this is that i switched to a new rig and the saved games won't carry over

fuck
>>
>>345343763
What? It's on Steamplay. Just log on Grim dawn and you should have your save downloaded on the steam servers.
>>
>>345343763
turn cloud saving off and make sure you transferred your old my games -> grim dawn folder
>>
>>345343763
Turn off steam cloud saving for Grim Dawn, and you can move character saves and even inventory stashes found in your documents folder.
>>
File: Screenshot_51.png (11 KB, 412x221) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_51.png
11 KB, 412x221
>>345344187
>>345343763
Yep, just confirmed it. Go on your old rig and just play and close it while on the web. You should have it.

Or just manually transfer it too.
>>
>>345325969
>having to use potions with a soldier in normal difficulty against the first form of the warden
Could you be any more full of shit?
>>
if I'm a casual shithead that enjoyed playing the torchlight games because its fun to smash stuff will I enjoy this?
>>
>>345344187
>>345344227
>>345344297
>>345344325

i recovered my old files, put them in "my games" folder, disabled cloud save and my saved game won't show up.
>>
>>345345332
Yeah. There are some builds that are pretty hand-holdy.
>>
>>345345332
Sure. It's basically the same thing. Just a little more gory and darker themed.
>>
>>345343763
>>345344187
>>345344227
>>345344297
>>345344325

well no problem guys i fixed it, since no character would show up, i just created a character with the same name as my old pg and then threw the old savefiles inside and it worked.
>>
File: Twin Snakes.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Twin Snakes.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>345345843
Grats! Enjoy your new old character.
>>
>>345325969
good god cadence is so SHIT

I wish we would get some modders already to get something similiar to Soulvizier
>>
File: 20160717145610_1.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717145610_1.jpg
476 KB, 1920x1080
>>345346515
It's alright. I upgraded it with my devotion skill.
>>
This cold fucker is literally impossible to kill with my cold spellbreaker. Dude keeps spawning frost guys faster than I can kill them.
>>
>>345325131
>>345326202
I like how their reasoning for not giving more stash room is basically: we want the oldschool rpg feeling!
Well you pissers, you shouldnt have added so many non old school elements into your game then, shame an awful lot of the community eats it up.
God Im so mad that they didnt even fixed Titan Quests engine problems ...

>>345346676
Compared to other auto attack enhances, its pretty mediocre.
>>
>>345346820
I dont know, it's the only character I did so far. But it's okay so far.
>>
>>345346794
>This cold fucker is literally impossible to kill with my cold spellbreaker. Dude keeps spawning frost guys faster than I can kill them.

One of the problems I encountered when I wanted to make a Nord frost warrior, theres isnt a SHIT you can do when you face an enemy with the same element your damage focuses on, except trying hit and run tactics.
The devotion talents for lowering res do jackall aswell.
>>
>>345308227
>game with a bird perspective camera angle

into the trash it goes
>>
>>345347129
>not playing your ARPGs in first person
Casual.
>>
>>345347019
Actually, stacking cold res debuffs is the way to go but with this guy is just too much for me right now, doesn't help that I keep getting cc'd.
I have like -50% cold res right now, plus Viper constellation, plus some other proc from a ring, that amounts to -85% but it's still no enough to deal with all that stuff.
>>
File: 20160717150337_1.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717150337_1.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>345347219
It's not too bad in Third person though.
>>
>>345346794
what's in the 6th slot?
>>
>>345346794

>cold spellbreaker

At least you have other options. I have ONLY cold/lightning on my starcaller. I just walked past that fucker, can't even be bothered. On the upside though, I can facetank Valdaran without so much as losing 10% hp.
>>
>>345323318
Doesn't it take forever to kill shit?
>>
>>345347542
Aether consumable I think?
>>
>>345347791
High block builds usually use a lot of retaliation. Both the Shield Maiden and Obelisk of Menhir devotions boost retaliation.
>>
>>345347817
Well no shit, but which one exactly? Aether cluster maybe?
>>
>>345341119
Don't forget the mfw-it-will-never-be-localised Lost Ark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SQzum0awnI

I hate that this ended up as some kind of ARPG/MMO...thing...
>>
>>345347019
The latest patch kinda lowered the elemantal resistances on elite up at least.
>>
>>345324620
Warder is great, first class I got to level 85 and beat the game on Ultimate with
>>
POST LEGENDARIES
TRADE LEGENDARIES
>>
>>345348428
Ah that's the MMO I was looking for. It look pretty promising. Let's hope it's an actual MMO and not a CORPG like Path of Exile or Diablo 3.
>>
I really gotta get my fire grenadier at least up to elite these days. Put like 500 hours into the game and got a bit burnt out.
>>
How shit is pure nightblade build
>>
>>345345204
>>
>>345348948
Pure builds tend to suffer from not meeting stat requirements on gear more often than hybrids, so you need to be more careful when leveling attributes.

Otherwise, prepare to spam Pneumatic Burst a lot. I emphasize A LOT. Also stack life steal/damage converted to hp.
>>
File: 20160717151912_1.jpg (661 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717151912_1.jpg
661 KB, 1920x1080
Just spent 88 000 gold on this 50% Rep bonus. Let's hope it's worth it.
>>
>>345348324
Yes
>>
>>345349285
Pssh that's nothin'. I make more'n dat inna day.
>>
File: 20160717212350_1.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717212350_1.jpg
545 KB, 1920x1080
I mean I could try hardcore mode.
But I know its just the same bullshit over again but you die forever if the engine fucks up.
>>
>>345349285
It is.
Once you reach revered, you can buy boosters that you can trade with your other characters right from the start.
Problem is, most of the revered stuff is level 70 so there's not much point reaching max rep before that point.
>>
>>345349607
probly
>>
>>345349750
Try it if you want more out of the game.
It's mostly the same as SC but with more planning and more focus on defense, plus you'll have to start fresh with no storage so that's a thing too since you've been playing for a while.

I don't know what you mean by engine fuck up though.
>>
>>345351118

>play a lot on softcore
>decide go give HC a try
>have nothing to help out with for the early game
>no components, no low lvl sets, nothing
>power through it
>now I have 10x the shit on HC than I do on SC
>can't ever go back to softcore because I feel gimped

It's a mixed feeling.
>>
>>345351118
>I don't know what you mean by engine fuck up though.
Animations, pathing, you know, the usual.
>>
Quick anon,what is the most fun class?Not talking about hybrids here!
>>
>>345351605
Never died due to pathing, I'm not using left click to move around though.

>>345351692
Demo
>>
File: localise-pls.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
localise-pls.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>345348938
>actual MMO
I think it is, but I'm not betting on a release outside of Korea.
>>
File: 20160717154720_1.jpg (439 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717154720_1.jpg
439 KB, 1920x1080
It's a good thing that I'm a beast at surviving.
>>
>>345308227

I've been putting grim dawn off too long but I keep hearing good things

Sold
>>
>>345351321
Wait, do the drop rates change in HC?
>>
>>345348938
>>345352105
Lost Ark will be in the West in 2017. As for what regions; who knows?

If you want an alternative, try Lineage Eternal.
>>
>>345352117
You've never fought the true hardmode Salazaar.
>>
File: 20160717155102_1.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160717155102_1.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
>>345352117
And damn, the only thing I got from him and the chest was this set piece. dammit. At least I got that bonus.
>>
>>345308227
That's not Age of Decadence.
>>
>>345351919
Demo for ranged batman builds
>>
>tfw no super-efficient alt leveling group with /v/
>>
>>345352117
My Blademaster on Normal gets fucking owned. I never get good drops, even when I farm shit.

I'm stuck. I'm not even Lv.50.

I was tempted to go full minion build, or perhaps 2H Shaman.
>>
>>345352507
Hardmode? Wut?
>>
>>345352415
Huh, I haven't heard anyone mention Lineage in years. The drag system in Eternal looks neat (and similar to Lost Ark).

Are Koreans just better at making these kinds of games?
>>
>>345352813
Just respec your build to something useful.
>>
>>345352813
Well I'm full tank and drink like crazy when I fight minions over 5 levels over me.
>>
>>345352813
Craft a mistborn talisman and use the special attack as your auto.
The recipe drops from the ogre at the end of smuggler's pass.
Every dual wield build should focus on that asap.
>>
>>345352909

>Lineage Eternal

That shit's been in development hell forever now. Doubt it's ever gonna see the light of day. And as for Lost Ark, it looks neat but I really don't see it coming to the west either.
>>
>>345352909
>>
Are there any (good) cyberpunk diablo clones?
>>
>>345349285
>gold
ain't worth shit int his game
>>
File: 1461803433208.gif (2 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1461803433208.gif
2 MB, 255x255
>>345349939
>wasting that much space for mandates
>>
File: images1000121.jpg (6 KB, 214x236) Image search: [Google]
images1000121.jpg
6 KB, 214x236
>>345316273
>Gothic 2
>79% on metacritic
>Grim Dawn
>83% on metacritic
>>
>accept bounty
>can't find the guy anywhere
>can't abandon the bounty
>it's just there in my quest log forever
rrrrreeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>345353150
What the fuck happened in 2006?
Also, how has Runescape managed to keep such a consistent playerbase? I thought it was practically dead from 2011 onward..
>>
File: 1459901279217.jpg (15 KB, 185x268) Image search: [Google]
1459901279217.jpg
15 KB, 185x268
>>345352507
>mfw Fabius spawns with a legendary weapon equipped
>>
>>345353657
Is it Gollus you're talking about?
>>
>>345353674
I think 2006 is when China banned WoW for Skeletons bones and the overall market lost a ton of players?

Runescape is still pretty popular right now on Twitch.
>>
File: 1459978152920.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459978152920.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>345308227
>best singleplayer RPG
>>
>>345353784
>>345352507
Oh right! Mobs have some equipement actually equipped.
>>
Anyone playing the DAIL mod?
Ranger is pretty good
>>
>>345308479

>le plansekept tormen meme

witcher3 is better
>>
>>345320757
devil may cry is what arpg should learn from, not soulshit
>>
>>345353784
There's worse.
Here's how I lost my Elementalist later that day.
>>
>>345354293
it's a bunch of "it's cool, put it in" contents.
>>
File: elemental.webm (3 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
elemental.webm
3 MB, 800x500
>>345354380
Why is damage to humans even a thing?
>>
>>345323861
I think by holding ALT pressed it shows items on the floor.
>>
>Ammunition Magician L78 in Ultimate
>glass cannon with 6k hp
kill me
>>
>>345355172

Loxmere's gonna have a field day with your ass.
>>
Speaking of single player RPGs, which ones have the best romance?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.