[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reach the hub >oh look at all these tunnels and doorways
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
>reach the hub
>oh look at all these tunnels and doorways there's a lot of ways to go
>wait... they don't go anywhere
>where am I supposed to go?
>have to use the bonfire to travel to the first area of the game

what the heck dude
>>
thats what youre complaining about?

not that absolute shitshow that everything else is?
>>
Welcome to Dark Souls 3. Dead ends are the name of the game because the devs couldn't be bothered designing a decent world.
>>
>>345304980
I've enjoyed everything so far anon.
I've even had tons of fun with PVP.

btfo
>>
>>345305095
i did at first too

then i OPENED MY EYES
>>
>>345304916
>b-b-but you can reach hub NPCs quicker!
>>
Literally the first soulborne game where discussion about it on /v/ stopped completely one month after released

Deader than dead
>>
>>345305450
>Discussion about it stopped
I've seen about one or 2 threads a day on it and I'm not on /v/ all day

Yea no shit the 4th game in a series that /v/ has milked to literal death since the first part hasn't been so hot.

With /v/

You guys act like you're the center of the video game world, you're all literally the minority of minorities.
Stop thinking you're all so special. The game is still being played actively, and people are still enjoying the hell out of it. I know I did, especially since I didn't obsess over it since part 1 never letting go.
Not to mention, the DLC that is no it's way. The soulsborne series is notorious for having incredibly redeeming DLC (with bloodborne's being even better than the base game) and with that DLC would usually come content and features that fixes a lot of issues and imbalances.
>>
>>345305905
>bloodborne's being even better than the base game
Haven't all the DLC's been generally higher quality than their base games?
Only one that maybe wasn't as far as I know was Dark Souls, where the DLC level design wasn't anywhere near as good as Dark Souls at its best, but it still had the best bosses in the game by far.
>>
File: 1467485163541-v.jpg (16 KB, 373x309) Image search: [Google]
1467485163541-v.jpg
16 KB, 373x309
>>345305123
P much. Get halfway through the game before realizing that my strength build is fucking useless against dex, and even against pve cause NO FUCKING POISE WHAT R U DOING FROM SOFT
>>
>>345306738
???
Strength is easy mode, what are you talking about?
I played through with Dex first, and it was rather challenging, then I tried a magic run and stopped on my way to Yhorm.
Now I'm almost done with my Strength, and everything has been a breeze. A lot of the challenges I faced with my Dex and Int build have been a cake-walk with Str.
>>
>>345304916
>players can teleport to any lit bonfire from the beginning
Early sign that the world design was gonna be meh, with no shortcuts or interconnected areas
>>
File: 1461382230881.jpg (997 KB, 5079x2953) Image search: [Google]
1461382230881.jpg
997 KB, 5079x2953
>>345304916
>hub is disconnected from everything else
>have to teleport to hub to go to somewhere else

imagine if they made DaS3 before BB
>>
>>345308945
Caped Student Uniform is GOAT.
>>
>>345308132
Have you ever thought that you're just shit at the game?
>>
>>345309372
How am I shit if what the other dude thought was hard is easy?
>>
>>345306738
Here's how to not suck with a STR build in pvp

Your hyper armor frames are a godsend in a a game with no poise, use it to trade
Ultra GS charge attacks are great for baiting and roll punishing if they go to your side
Overhead rolling attacks are insane, use them if your opponent isn't too parry happy
Dance aroud your opponent, keep just outside their range and attack when they attack, even when you're using the same weapon the step forward on your strike will let you hit them but they will miss you

Now I'm going to teach you how to be a shitter:

Stack absorption and vigor if you like
>heavy armor
>steel protection
>life ring
At least 30 endurance and ring of favor
Astora greatsword 40/40 and a resin of choice
You can use the charge with little thought to trade then decimate your opponent for 800+ damage while you have 1500-1900 health and 35% absorption
>>
>>345308137
you could teleport from archstones back to the nexus and back to whatever archstone you wanted as soon as you unlocked them and the game had 10/10 design and is the best game in the series

game is demon's souls if you're wondering and no its not on ps4 :)
>>
2 had better build variety, fun dual wielding and better lore.

You literally can't prove me wrong
>>
>>345312806
better lore is subjective, but your first two points are correct
Best pvp hands down
>>
Was it a good idea to send players back to the hub for leveling? It feels tedious to go through two loading screens and some dialogue before I can level up.
>>
>>345312165
Dark Souls 1's world design blew Demon's Souls the fuck out though, even if Demon's Souls had the better atmosphere and music

Nice try though
>>
File: 1395027261891.jpg (119 KB, 622x404) Image search: [Google]
1395027261891.jpg
119 KB, 622x404
Dark Souls III is like the Fallout 4 of Dark Souls. It gives you QoL improvements over the other games, but after beating the game on NG and NG+ I have no desire to ever go back and play it again.
>>
Dude remember DeS lmao
>>
File: 1467819605733.jpg (214 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
1467819605733.jpg
214 KB, 767x1024
>ds2 pvp and weapon variety was fantastic
>ds3 does absolutely nothing right in those respects
how do you take such a huge step backwards
>>
>>345304916
NPCs appear in those dead ends eventually.
>>
>>345315658
Apparently b team can make a mechanically sound game, but sucks at atmosphere and visual
Though interestingly they created some damn good boss arenas
>>
File: asf.jpg (37 KB, 565x850) Image search: [Google]
asf.jpg
37 KB, 565x850
>mfw dark souls 1 is still the best
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.