[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started playing this, anything I should know going in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14
File: ku-bigpic.png (877 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
ku-bigpic.png
877 KB, 970x546
Just started playing this, anything I should know going in?
>>
>>345293656
Needing a mandatory healer in your party is just a meme.
>>
>>345293656
the most memorable battle quotes and after combat party banter, if only because it gets drilled into your head
>>
Don't us Shulk or Melia unless you are actively controlling them, their AI sucks
>>
Metal Face is Dunban
>>
>>345293656
Aeris dies.
>>
1. Don't worry about doing all the side quests. You'll just kill yourself if you try to do them all. Some of them ARE worth it though.

2. There are some missable side quests, but your quest log will tell you which ones can be missed. Be warned it kind of spoils a plot twist, though.
>>
>>345293656
You don't have to really grind at all until near the end, the last couple of bosses are fucking hard if you dont grind, other than that the game is pretty great about letting you go through it without having to do any extra stuff.
>>
topple is for faggots
also fiora is actually alive
>>
File: 1468569857786.jpg (100 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1468569857786.jpg
100 KB, 640x1136
If you get absorbed by the game you'll be in its full grip and playing it 7 hours a day.

Beware the moment you hit Bionis leg.
>>
File: buncha.png (824 KB, 748x496) Image search: [Google]
buncha.png
824 KB, 748x496
>>345293656
it can get a bit slow at parts but stick with it and you'll have a fantastic experience overall. Also dunban is crazy OP with agility gems and swimming oil, and don't ever have shulk or melia in your party unless you are controlling them. That said, melia is also really stronk, with some ether and electric gems you can dish out mad damage.
>>
Shulk is dead

It's not just a theory
>>
n3ds a good version to play? only ninty hardware i own
>>
>>345296834
Emulate it for best experience. Also, get HD texture pack.
>>
Don't you dare play with Japanese voices
>>
>>345293656
ITS REYN TIME
also put the potato in your party when you can
>>
>>345293656
dumb shit why would you make a thread like this you are just begging for spoilers
>>
>>345296916
my shitty laptop wont run anything very well in dolphin
>>
>>345295054
>>345296804
kys adachi-is-the-killer-fags
>>
>>345293656
You don't really get anything good from most sidequests so they're not worth actively seeking out.

If you do want to do all the sidequests because you have OCD, you can usually sweep areas at 10 PM and 10 AM, you don't need to check every NPC for every hour of the day.
>>
>>345299080
It's impossible to get all side quests without using a guide especially with this entire fucking affection tree going on where you have to talk to specific people in specific places at a specific time after talking to other specific people to unlock quest lines.

I suggest literally not bothering with side quests too much. Just completely finishing Colony 9 gave me nightmares
>>
how much does the n3ds version of this go for nowadays? found 20$ lying around and been thinking about getting it.
>>
Melia is best girl
>>
Do not do sidequests from nameless NPC.
They will make you overleveled and takes out the challenge of the game.
>>
>>345299562
You don't need to know that going in, you learn that if you have any sense.
>>
>>345297152
which version of dolphin? 5.0 stable is out
post laptop specs, better not be intel integrated graphics
>>
>>345293656
Nothing, just that Metal Face is Mumkhar and that both Dickson and Lorithia are bad guys.
>>
>>345299562
Melia is my waifu

No barefoot option for her is brutal
>>
>>345299920
Where can I get an ISO of XB?
>>
>>345300173
Google it faggots__________________________________________
>>
BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE
>>
File: meliakick.jpg (181 KB, 439x784) Image search: [Google]
meliakick.jpg
181 KB, 439x784
>>345300528
Nothing came up, do you have another link?
>>
Where do you get the monado eater art?
>>
>>345300670
>Google 'xenoblade iso'
>Get a fuckload of relevant results
You lying shit
>>
>>345300670
Emuparadise has pretty much everything
>>
>>345293656
use dolphin you fucking wetback.
>>
>>345300535

AGAINST THE ODDS
>>
>>345301594
WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT
>>
File: Melia.full.312535.jpg (524 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Melia.full.312535.jpg
524 KB, 600x800
>>345300036
>>345296804
>>345295054
>>345294348
>>345293656
Just letting you know that some kind anon has peppered in some fake spoilers, so you don't actually know if any of these are true.

Obviously try to avoid them if possible.
I went in blind and enjoyed the story. I don't think it takes away from it too much to get shit spoiled early.

My advice is, if at all possible, try to get a friend who can look up stuff for you while you play. Not only is it faster, but he can filter any spoilery parts. If that matters. That's how I played it.

I actually enjoyed the romance in this one.
>>
>>345301829
BLOSSOM DANCE
FELT THAT, HUH
>>
>>345300694
in a long ass side quest involving primordial giants devolved into gigantic apes engaged in a war with gigantic spiders from the dawn of time THAT FUCKING DAZE YOU WHENEVER YOU SO MUCH AS BUMP YOUR DICK ON IT FUCK THAT FUCKING BOSS IN THAT FUCKING CAVERN AND FUCK THE GIANT APE TOO
>>
>>345293656
Here are a few tips that I still remember:
-You can switch which character you control, but the AI sucks at controlling Shulk or Melia because it can't into positional attacks or activating spells effectively
-Dunban is a better tank than Reyn since he doesn't lose agro when he dodges an attack vs pure tanking like Reyn (naked Dunban is OP)
-Stack agility gems on everyone
-Topple-locking is an easy way to cheese the game, and is almost required for most end-game super bosses
-Stringing together multiple enemies of the same type and fighting them all in one battle increases the chances of getting a silver or gold chest
-You can save after a silver/gold chest drops, but before opening it and keep reloading until you get what you want
-Death is inconsequential
-Shulk/Reyn and Dunban/Seven are good combinations to use for gem-crafting to get MEGA-HEATING. I can't remember other good combinations, but I think one of them that I used required the two to have low affiliation
-Some people are retarded and can't figure out game mechanics, but learn to spend points to upgrade your abilities, and assign them in configurations that work well. If AI is acting retarded, change around the abilities
-Remember to use/equip skills, and use affinity coins to equip skills from other characters. Each character has two extra skill paths that need to be unlocked via quests
-Most party combinations will work, but some are more effective than others. I prefered Shulk/Dunban/Reyn mid-late game for topple-locking. I sometimes switched Shulk for Seven because she can be pretty fun/broken
>>
File: Now you feel it.png (134 KB, 425x454) Image search: [Google]
Now you feel it.png
134 KB, 425x454
Anyone else got pissed searching the fucking FOSSIL MONKEY?!

I've spent at least 5 hours searching for it on Makna Forest
>>
>>345305542
fast travel to reload shiny shit
>>
>>345293656
you can remove attacks from your friends to force them to act like you want them to
>>
File: 1439500053872.jpg (280 KB, 920x868) Image search: [Google]
1439500053872.jpg
280 KB, 920x868
>>345294228
>Every single battle with your have Reyn in your party
I will never replace him, he's precious.
>>
someone post the Melia .gif
>>
File: Melia had a hard life.gif (2 MB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
Melia had a hard life.gif
2 MB, 480x269
>>345307494
>>
>>345305542
You dun goofed. Remember you can get pretty much every collectable and material through trading. There's some nopon in Frontier Village who'll give you the Fossil for overtrading.
>>
>>345307551
>Those textures

Jesus fuck they rushed the last third so hard.
>>
>>345305491
Gem-crafting is basically useless until post-game. In fact gems are mostly useless altogether, it's one of the only complains I have about the game. So many just have the most useless fucking effects like -10% bleed damage or some shit when maybe 5 monsters in the whole game inflict bleed.

The main story of the game is so easy that I reckon you could easily ignore most of the game's mechanics and still beat it. Stuff like skills, skill links, affinity, arts levels, gems and probably even equipment don't much as much difference as they should. You never even need to deviate from the default party composition of Shulk/Reyn/Sharla.

The equipment system is also pretty balls. It's never really clear what stats do and it's hard to compare stats on different items without a lot of flicking back and forth. Like, Heavy Armour might seem worthless at first because it minimizes your magic resistance in exchange for physical resistance, but 99% of the damage you will receive in the game is physical. But there's no real way of knowing that in advance since the game never really explains the difference.

Also I wish they rereleased this game in HD instead of on the fucking 3DS. Neither it nor the Wii does the game's art justice.
>>
>>345307551
I just got me Melia and she's 10/10 qt; holy shit that accent. I know she'll likely get cucked by zombie Fiora, but you'd have to be literally retarded not to fall in love with the posh girl.
>>
>>345307863
Good taste my friend.
>>
>>345307551
This looks fun.
>>
>>345293656

Prepare to have some Reyn time.
>>
I'm stuck at the boss where I get the seventh member. Any tips? My party is Shulk/Dun/Shar.
>>
>>345307843
>The equipment system is also pretty balls. It's never really clear what stats do and it's hard to compare stats on different items without a lot of flicking back and forth.
This and that stupid tree system they have for all the people you meet is the worst since you have to hover over every single person to find the only one you need so you actually know the time to meet them.
>>
>>345293656
>>345293656
The game is loooooonnnnnggggg. half way point is probably when you finish Prison Island.
You're warned about points of no return for quests before you cross them. There's only 2 points of no return in the whole game.

Shulk is a training wheels character that isn't that fun to play, but also does some of the best and most consistent physical DPS in the game.
Let the AI control him and experiment playing the other more interesting characters.
But for the love of God; take the art Battle Soul off his bar first. The skill trades HP for talent gauge and the AI spams it at the most inopportune times.

Agi tanking is viable and Dunban is exactly this.
Looking at his skill trees you might think that "naked Dunban" is a good build.
It's not. It's a noob trap for people who can't do math.
The bonuses are not worth losing all the gem slots from your armor and you'll have practically 0 Ether def while Ether attacks can't be dodged, this is real bad.
Stick with light armor on him.

Seven isn't particularly good at anything. Or rather her one best role is eclipsed by what Shulk does and there's no reason to use both at once.
Sharla isn't AS bad as most people say. Or rather Shield Bullet is OP as fuck once you figure out how warning party members about visions works. Still only has 1 viable offensive move though. Gotta stack that lightning damage.
>>
Dunno why people bother calling her "Seven" or the seventh party member. The fact that they avoid saying her name gives away that it's a spoiler and most people can probably guess from there. It's not a particularly difficult prediction either, nor even much of a secret anymore. The trophies in Smash Bros. flat out give it away.

If people really want to throw others off the trail they should refer to her just with a different name, like Meyneth.
>>
I want to make Melia a mom.
>>
>>345308310

Stop using Sharla.
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (292 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
292 KB, 1600x1200
>tfw getting a fully complete affinity board
Feels fucking good man. There's a video guide for it on YouTube made by some japanese guy, it was incredibly helpful.

Another tip would be to return to the "throne room" in an certain city after hitting Valak Mountain. You'll get a missable weapon there and there's no way to get another weapon with the same skin.
>>
Doing a second play soon.

I did Shulk, Sharla, and REYN first time.

Planning on doing Shulk, Dunban, and someone else, maybe Rikki?

Also on people saying they don't have Shulk in party, how would that even work? Don't you need him for certain boss encounters?
>>
>>345309952
i know right, who the fuck wouldn't guess dickson joins your party at the end
>>
>>345309952

This. Everyone knows its Fiora. Even Smash spoils it and its predictable since Fiora already had heart to hearts and was playable at the start. If you knew that there was a "seventh" character that is a spoiler, its obviously the girl who "died".
>>
>>345310163
Why wouldn't you use every character in even a single playthrough.

Shulk is really only necessary for enemies which require Monado Purge, like Telethia or anything with spike effects. But on those he's pretty much a requirement. Which kinda sucks desu.
>>
>>345310192
You see her go into the mechon quite early.
>>
>>345310163
We aren't saying to bench him, we're saying don't play as him.

But no, you don't need him, there's weapons that pierce mechon defense automatically.
But you should bring him along anyway because he's really strong.
>>
>>345306892
>tfw there's literally no reason to use Reyn after you get Dunban
I tried so hard to keep him relevant but he's shit at holding aggro and shit at doing damage
Maybe if his biggest damage combo didn't have like two minutes of cooldown he'd be good as a berserker
>>
>>345307843
>>345305491

Naked Dunban is bad because no gems and gem crafting is useful as soon as you get to rank 3. Getting overheated rank 2 double attack gems and stacking 3 of them is a significant damage boost/talent gauge boost already. If you think gem crafting is useless until 70 hours in then you're just bad and probably why you think Naked Dunban is good.
>>
>>345310309
That's just what I do in RPGs. Because if I ever replay them, I can do a different kind of play through.

So MELIA or RIKKI? I probably wont really be playing as either, so which would do better on AI?
>>
>>345310404
Well his biggest damage combo can do up to a literal million damage.
You really only need to do it once if the set up is right.
>>
>>345310528
Melia has shit AI. She's great if you're playing as her but not otherwise.
>>
File: birdwife.jpg (570 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
birdwife.jpg
570 KB, 1680x1050
>>345310528
Rikki is much better as AI, just load him up with heals and status attacks and watch him shit them everywhere constantly
Melia is literally retarded as an AI
>>
>>345310528
Riki is better in the hands of the AI

Melia is probably the single all around strongest character because of one-two topple combo and stacking your summon element passives, but you MUST play as her or else she's retarded.
>>
>>345310309

just like topple lol. and melia can purge too.

>>345310163

why wouldn't you swtich up your party? the game encourages you to switch it up constantly due to how affinity and skill links work. Using one party combination for the entire game sounds boring as fuck.
>>
>>345310680
I remember Melia's purge being way worse than Shulk's. Either it was usable a lot less often, lasted a lot less time, or both.
>>
File: 1448787661866.png (268 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1448787661866.png
268 KB, 640x400
Reminder.
>>
>>345310640
I wish I could marry her.
>>
>>345310169

If it was Dickson then people wouldn't avoid using his name. Calling her Seventh just makes it even more obvious that its Fiora.

>>345310404

You're supposed to use Sword Drive in chain attacks. Also, Reyn is good once you get to the later parts of the game and can give him good gem set ups. He holds aggro just fine.
>>
>>345310640
>>345310593
Thanks, RIKKI HEROPON it is.

Anything I should keep an eye out for second play through that I might have missed first time? Any broken OP weapons?

>>345310149
Are you talking about the city with the bird people? Are you supposed to go back to the throne room right after you hit Valak mountain? I'll have to check that out.
>>
>>345310528

If you use Riki you have to know that you have to order him to focus attacks on your target or he'll never use Lurgy and Burninate.
>>
>>345299453
i got it a few months back used at gamestop for like 30 bucks i think might be a bit cheaper now
>>
>>345310842
Yeah, that one. You have to talk to Kallian, he gives you a staff for Melia. And I'm pretty sure it triggers right after entering Valak Mountain for the first time.
>>
>>345310767

Only worked when in burst mode. But still, if you really needed to you could use it and just burst down something while it was up.
>>
>>345293656
ignore sidequests
>>
>>345300173
http://www.emuparadise.me/roms-isos-games.php
>>
Anyway to not be overleveled? I just hit Valak Mountain on my second playthrough and the level scaling finally caught up with me slightly. Quests give so much EXP that I almost want to avoid them.

I had forgotten just how good this game was. Now I know what that empty feeling I had playing X was all about. Its pretty much worse in every single way.
>>
>>345311003
>>345310149

What is the point of spoiling Alcamoth's name? Or Kailian's? Neither are spoilerific in any way. Its not like you're saying how the entire population of Alcamoth seriously stop abusing spoiler tags for no reason.
>>
File: Power Puff.jpg (115 KB, 900x975) Image search: [Google]
Power Puff.jpg
115 KB, 900x975
>>345311439
>>
THE POWER OF THE MONADO
>>
>>345311621
Both of Dunban's 'old allies' are actually evil douchebags
That guy really knows how to pick his friends
>>
>>345311439
I know yet people never spoil that bit where Fiora gives Shulk her sandwhich

Holy shit I was so fucking pissed off I seriously had no idea she was going to do that and you bastards ruined it.
>>
File: Xenoblade 14.png (489 KB, 438x355) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade 14.png
489 KB, 438x355
Speaking of Valak Mountain, there is a trade which only is available during a certaion side quest. He offers you an item called Mumkhar's Razor which is totally useless but not obtainable elsewhere,

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mumkhar's_Razor
>>
>>345293656
Metal face is mumkhar
Fiora is alive
Dickson is the biggest back stabbed and 2nd to last boss
Face mechon are home given robot suits
High entia are telethia
Alvis is a computer/god that made the world
Shulk is dead and is just a host for the final boss
Sharla's fiance is also alive as jade face
Lorithia is also a back stabber and sides with dickson
After world reboots fiora gets her body back
>>
>>345311294
X has better side quests

By a lot.

Combat system is an improvement too, even though the homogenization of character movesets leads to the MC just being plain better than everyone else at absolutely everything.
>>
>>345293656
Always play Riki always.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.