[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
J-RPG/Point and Click games that don't look like the picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: crossummoner.jpg (248 KB, 700x300) Image search: [Google]
crossummoner.jpg
248 KB, 700x300
OK, I'm living in japan and I'm looking for PC games to improve the language, since most of the complex vocabulary/expressions that I know are for the most part related only to my field of work.
In the past I've enjoyed videogames like BG, Diablo II and recently Stasis all of which have very good voice acting and scripts that you can easly follow and improve your english if it isn't you're native language for example.
I'm looking for something originaly made in japanese and no translated from the english, but I really don't like the aesthetics of J-RPG which tend to be kawaii and colorful and depicting lighter versions of medieval fantasy (like the one in the image). I understand the Japanese love this cute bullshit but I really can't find it serious or at least oriented towards a more mature audience.

What can you recommend /v/?
>>
>>345287947
Cho Aniki: Otoko no Tamafuda
>>
>>345289339
Maybe something more recent? also with voice acting?
>>
>Still playing JRPGs in current year
>Not playing the recently released Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC
neo-/v/ disgusts me on so mny levels
>>
>>345287947
why dont you just go outside and fucking talk to someone
>>
Just read a VN
>>
>>345287947
You are the worst kind of weeaboo
>>
>I can't find it serious
Sounds like a personal problem.
You might as well ask "hey, I want to improve my English, can you recommend me a WRPG that doesn't look like shitty like Baldur's Gate or Diablo?" Literally nothing comes to mind.
>>
>>345289951
Of course I do it, but when you're here and theres a vocabulary barrier in the first place it is not so easy to pull out interesting conversations from nothing. I think this is a very useful way to enrich your vocabulary.
>>
Japan has a 8% digital sales tax unless you go physical
>>
File: 2342772-dragon_quest_iii.jpg (1 MB, 1192x816) Image search: [Google]
2342772-dragon_quest_iii.jpg
1 MB, 1192x816
Play Dragon Quest and fit in with the rest of the population.
>>
>>345290717
>Gay Quest
Ha, weeb. OP, stop being a little bitch and play COD.
>>
Play a Japanese version of a western game then
>>
>>345290717
Well at least you didn't recommend a pokemon game
>>
File: 1468414562521.png (4 MB, 3560x2280) Image search: [Google]
1468414562521.png
4 MB, 3560x2280
>>345289980
This is honestly your best bet. They're almost all entirely voiced and the fucking text is right there on the screen to help if you dont know some stupid kanji. Tons of grimdark shit as well.
>>
>>345291324
Hey thanks a lot, can you recommend one to start with?
>>
>>345291502
Chaos;Head would be good.
>>
>>345291502
I just saved the pic. I've only completed Fate/Stay Night, Sengoku Rance, and am like midway through G-Senjou no Maou. Of those, Sengoku Rance isn't voiced so I wouldn't suggest that.

I really really enjoyed Fate/Stay Night...even if it took damn near 30 hours to get really fucking good.
>>
>>345290238
Well I thought that maybe there are some independent developers here doing something different with RPGs/point-and-click games. I just can't find any.
>>
>>345290193
care to explain why?
>>
>>345291502
Song of Saya is one of my favorites, so I'd say that one.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.